Born To Be Chic

RevSydney, NSW

Do not buy from here

Emily

EmilyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Scam company, this is my second awful experience

Natasha K.

Natasha K.South East Queensland, QLD

Beaware

I have purchased a couple dresses from this site and they have never arrived after paying additional for express postage. I have contacted the owner and she has stopped replying to emails once I requested a refund. Not happy and I will be taking this further.

Sam

SamGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Did not receive the item

Very unhappy.

Joke of a company, won’t give me a refund on an item I haven’t even received and probably never will. Constantly emailing and receive not reply, you’ll be hearing from consumer affairs now.

Amazing fit and so fast!

After reading some reviews I was hesitant to purchase the dress I was wanting for a wedding in the summer. I decided to just because I thought it was just so cute and haven’t seen anything like it in Canada. I ordered it on a Friday (standard shipping supposedly taking 7-9 business days.) it arrived the NEXT Wednesday after. SO fast! I emailed in regards to changing my address and they replied the next day. The quality of fabric is not 5 stars per say... but it fits so nicely and is pretty true to size once I converted it to Canadian sizes. It was the ‘Charlize mini dress’ and I’m stoked!! Can’t wait to get some bomb pictures in this :)
I know not all the reviews are not that great but I had a great experience.

Sizing True to size

9 weeks to receive my order - no refunds issue- worst customer service- scam of a website

9 weeks to receive my order - no refunds - lowest level of customer service and professionalism. Please do yourself a favor and give your custom to a company that deserves it . I dont know how this website is still allowed to trade.

Sizing Slightly large
Bas

BasMelbourne

AVOID! Scam business practices. Owner blatantly lies about issuing refunds

Skittles

SkittlesPerth, WA

Don't do it, Its been a stressful experience.

Its been a terribly stressful experience. Allot of back and forth, they really need to check how often the website is updated to clearly represent the accurate stock levels of products.

Find out how Born To Be Chic compares to other Footwear Shops & Brands

Oversold on dress, still no refund

purchased a bridesmaid dress, 3wks later still hadn’t arrived, I contacted BTBC only to find out they’d oversold, was told I would receive a refund has been 1wk+ & still nothing!

Beautiful dress and surprisingly amazing service!

After reading these awful reviews I decided to take a chance because the dress I’ve been eyeing in Canada was on sale for an amazing price on this website. I emailed and sure enough, Hayley responded. She was kind and told me if I ordered right away, my dress would be here for New Years. It was the day before Christmas Eve(!!!) I was skeptical but ordered anyway and sure enough it got here in 4 days!! With Christmas and Christmas Eve being 2 of those days!! New Year’s Eve is tomorrow and I can’t wait to wear it!! I’m so happy with this site and will definitely order again!!!

Joy

JoySydney, NSW

Disappointed

On 25th November placed order for 3 blouses. One was sent out on 3rd Dec. received one item today 29th Dec. have sent 3 emails asking where my order is and NO answer. Dodgy company.

Kristin

KristinGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Dont waste your time or money!

Long story short -took 2 weeks to arrive(NSW to VIC) Poor communication, labeled wrong size (2 sizes smaller). Couldnt for the event it was bought for.
No return address is dodgy.

Emilia

Emilia

Horiible service and misleading advertising. Beyond Dodgy!

Worst customer service experience

If you want to change your order two hours after you order goodluck! They will ship your order and force you to pay for shipping back
No refunds as well

Find out how Born To Be Chic compares to other Footwear Shops & Brands

HORRIBLE !! do not purchase from them

0 stars

Okay I guess..

I ordered the wrong size of a pre order dress, emailed them as soon as I realized and got a quick response and it was changed to the right size. Customer service was good. The actual item was a slip dress that arrive in pretty much a ball- super crinkled, the actual quality of the dress is on the cheaper side, glad I got it on sale and not full price, but I think you could get a reputable brand/good quality similar item for the same price elsewhere. Fit was a bit out of portion too.

Sizing Very small

Don’t fall for it like I did

I payed 119$ for the dress and tax on Canada added another 30$ on top of that. The dress is a black/blue see-through mesh with felt flowers badly sewed onto it. For paying over 150$ and waiting two months to get it, I am horribly disappointed. Although from far away I see how they could get away with the dress in photos but believe me holding the dress in my hands it is such poor quality. BUT it does fit, I ordered a 6 and I could get away with wearing it if I could fix the major see-through problem.

Product Appearance Not as advertised

Don’t be fooled by the instagram following they are all bought.

Gloria

Gloriaasked

Has anyone bought the...

- lady madonna dress
- milan dres
- kaesha dress
- catalina lace set
- prom party mini dress

I would like to know how the quality is as I can't find any of these designs on more reputable sites! Thanks

gbeasked

Hi! Has anyone purchased the Kendall Set from this site? Would love to hear your opionions about the quality, fit and overall look before I purchase. Thanks.

Victoria

Just don't. Don't waste you time and energy. I wish someone had told me that before trying to deal with this company I'm now $100 trying to see if Afterpay will help me get my money back

gbe

I never ended up buying from them. Thank you though for the heads up.

Margaret B.
Margaret B.

Don’t. Total rubbish

Timotin A

Timotin Aasked

Hello. Do you know if it is possible to return the items back?

Tara
Tara

Hi, yes I think you can however you have to pay for postage and they only give store credit. No direct refunds from my understanding :)

Haley
Haley

They only offer store credit back and you have to pay original shipping of 19.95au when you originally order order plus shipping back (it cost me $45 to send the items back because of how much it was worth, it was over $300..didn't know that was a thing). Then 19.95 shipping once again when you use your store credit even if you don't use the whole voucher. So you end up wasting loads of money.

Victoria

Its' not. Hayley is pretending to not have my returns. After Iv'e tracked them and I know she has them.

Other Footwear Shops & Brands