Born To Be Chic

Born To Be Chic

Stay away! Would give a 0 if possible. Scam company! Will take your money and never give you the product.

Taken this company to consumer fair trade. After not getting my dress, I emailed her to which she ignored and then blocked me on Facebook and refuses to refund me.

Loved it

First time I ordered and although I was afraid of the negative comments I gave it a chance. Took my measurements and though I was +10cm from the waist on the measurement board in the site for size 12 the dress fitted perfectly and had good customer service from Hayley.

Sizing Slightly large
Product Appearance As advertised

Faulty clothing with no refund

They advised a lined dress. What I received was a extremely cheap not lined dress. I Returned the faulty dress and told them why. They won’t refund as lined to them only means it’s not see through.

After explaining what lined means they offered me a store credit.

I do not want a store credit as the quality of these products are extremely poor and not as advertised.

Have emailed them but no reply to many of my emails they also refuse to call me about this issue.

Very disappointed. Don’t put yourself through the hassle.

Product Appearance Not as advertised

Amazing customer service and great quality clothing!

All the clothes from Born to Be Chic are of very good quality, fits as described on the website, and is absolutely adorable! I am so pleased with my purchases and the customer service was amazing! They went above and beyond to make sure I received a dress in time for a very special event. I highly recommend!

Product Appearance As advertised

Never got my dress and it’s Been 4 months. Wrote to them and got no answer.

Never got my dress and it’s Been 4 months. Wrote to them and got no answer. Contacted them on Instagram and they told me that they reply to me by email but never got it so I told them and they never reply.

Great customer service

Really happy with the customer service and response to questions about my order delivery. Clothes were great and as they looked in the pictures. I would buy from here again!

Absolutely fantastic!!!

Both my dresses are amazing. Great fit, colour and quality. The customer service was also amazing, they helped me with a discount issue that I had without any questions. I would definitely buy more dresses...

Product Appearance As advertised

Dress was amazing fantastic quality!

Dress was fantastic
Great quality
Fit was perfect
Customer service was the best part!
Could not fault this product or company will definitely be buy through them again!

Couldn't be happier!

I must admit, I was a little hesitant to purchase from Born To Be Chic after reading the reviews however, I couldn't be happier with my experience. I received great customer service with an enquiry I had and the items I purchased where gorgeous!

One very happy customer!

Product Appearance As advertised

So happy with my purchase!

The Born to be Chic site is very easy to navigate. All of the dresses look appealing and are priced very reasonably.
I am very happy with the the quality of the Khaleesi dress- the colour is identical to the photo displayed and the fabric is soft and is comfortable. Even though the dress is slightly longer on me due to my height, I still cannot wait to wear it to an upcoming event.

Hayley was also very helpful in correspondence regarding shipping and tracking of my dress.

Great Service, BEAUTIFUL Dress, Very Happy!!

I purchased the Celine set in Burgundy during the boxing day sale. After a few weeks, I hadn't received my dress, so I emailed the staff at BornToBeChic. Turns out I unfortunately overlooked where it states that the dress was on back order on their website. I did find the order confirmation a little misleading as it said "We are getting your order ready to be shipped" so while this could be improved, at the end of the day it was my fault.

Hayley and Paige were absolutely lovely to deal with, they offered me the dress in another colour as they had stock (I loved the Emerald anyway so I didn't mind). They posted it on Friday and I had it the following Monday in time for the wedding I am flying out for. The dress is AMAZING quality. It actually comes with 'Two Sisters The Label' tags on it for anyone who like me was considering buying it from them. So exact same dress, but better price at BornToBeChic. I will definitely buy from them again :) Thanks girls!!!

Do Not Purchase From This Site

I brought a dress online from this site, it was NOT listed as presale at the time of purchase. When I did not receive shipping confirmation I emailed to see where my order was. I was told at this point that the item was presale, the lady, Hayley (who I’ve since discovered is the owner and sole operator) tried to insist that it had been listed as presale at the time of purchase. I wrote back saying it definitely wasn’t as I double checked that the dress was available and from an Australian retailer as I knew I needed the dress for a wedding in a weeks time, I asked for a refund as I would have to purchase another dress elsewhere. Hayley refused to give me a refund despite the fact that she had not even received the dress herself let alone dispatched it to me. Several back and forth emails got me absolutely no where as she just continued to refuse to refund my money. I’ve had to lodge a dispute with my bank to try and recover the funds. I’ve also put in a complaint to consumer affairs. BEWARE, DO NOT RISK BUYING FROM THIS SELLER! All the dresses on this site can be found at their original source ‘Two Sisters the Label’ I’d recommend buying straight from them if you like something rather than going through this dodgy middle man.

POOR QUALITY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE

Bought a Shay Lace Dress worth $110. The left mesh sleeve tore on the first wear. Hayley from Born to Be Chic was of no help and said that because the dress arrived in good condition it was not her problem, completely ignoring consumer law rights. Consumer law states that products must last and be of a quality appropriate to their price. A $100+ DRESS SHOULD LAST MORE THAN 1 WEAR.

Very disappointed. Will be taking this issue to Fair Trading.

Worst online shopping experience ever

Purchased this item based off the description that it would arrive early December. After buying, the description was changed to say it wouldn’t arrive until late December. Contacted and asked for a refunded and they only offered to swap for a different colour. Asked another 2 times for it to be cancelled and refunded and she didn’t respond to my requests. The garment arrived on 18/12 (not early December). I contacted asking for this to be refunded as I had already asked and she has refused. [name removed] (the owner) argued constantly and wasn’t willing to assist. Have now had to take this issue to VCAT all over around $20. Pathetic service, not worth the trouble- Do not buy from here.

Amazing service very quick shipping

The purchase and shipping process was very fast and easy to do. Even though my size that I thought I was going to need was out of stock the help I received was kind, with prompt responses and ended up helping heaps by ordering another dress that was out of stock for me (the size 14). Once I got my dress (size12 because I ending up trying on my cousins that she had order off here too) I order (in like 2days (with normal shipping option) I was satisfied with my order as it was exactly and more of what I was expecting.

Overall I’m very happy with my experience

Amazing service

The online store is so easy to use and the pictures really show off the product. My email enquirers were responded to promptly and were very professional. The dress is of great quality and true to sizing. I love it

Great quality dresses, friendly customer service

Overall the Born To Be Chic website was really functional. Made it easy to make a purchase. The products are similar to items sold on other websites but prices are more reasonable. I ordered the Senorita dress and the quality of it is great. I ordered the size 6 and it is far more true to Australian sizing than other size 6's I have bought from other websites. The customer service from Hayley was prompt and helpful and shipping was quick especially at Christmas time. Very happy and will definitely buy from Born To Be Chic again :)

Great quality product and impressive customer service

Upon ordering two beautiful dresses I was unaware one of the dresses I ordered was on presale, meaning I would receive both dresses in the same shipment early January 2019. Once I became aware of this I instantly contacted the team as I required one of the dresses for an event before January 2019. Although not company policy Hayley promptly sent out the dress that was not on pre-order in a different shipment to ensure I had an outfit for my event - even covering the cost. I am still waiting to receive the second dress however I know I will be most impressed when it arrives. The quality of these dresses are amazing and true to size. I received so many compliments! I will definitely be ordering again!

Appauling service, would not recommend!

This business has let me down on two occasions. Both involving items that weren’t listed as pre-order but after ordering and waiting several days for follow-up information I found out that they were pre-order and not expected to arrive for another 14-30 days. My most recent experience was awful. I had checked the website diligently prior to ordering given i’d had issues previously and there was no information regarding a pre-order. Again after receiving no follow-up I find out that the dress is a pre-order and not due to arrive for a few weeks. I went back to the website to find in bold ”important information, this is a pre-order item” - convenient.

I spoke with the business and told them that the dress would arrive too late for my event so would like to cancel the order and receive a refund, they stated they would only offer a store credit so I said sure that will suffice. I did not receive a store credit however I did receive the dress almost two weeks after originally ordering it. I emailed them asking why the dress and they stated that they never received any further emails from me (incorrect) so just sent the dress (despite me saying I no longer required it).

I now have to pay to return the dress to this incredibly incompetent company. Please be very careful when ordering from this website!

The dress was a perfect fit!! Loved it!

Great experience, amazing customer service made sure I receive my dress in time and it was perfect and great quality, thank you once again

Hi! Has anyone purchased the Kendall Set from this site? Would love to hear your opionions about the quality, fit and overall look before I purchase. Thanks.
Just don't. Don't waste you time and energy. I wish someone had told me that before trying to deal with this company I'm now $100 trying to see if Afterpay will help me get my money backI never ended up buying from them. Thank you though for the heads up.

Hello. Do you know if it is possible to return the items back?
Hi, yes I think you can however you have to pay for postage and they only give store credit. No direct refunds from my understanding :)They only offer store credit back and you have to pay original shipping of 19.95au when you originally order order plus shipping back (it cost me $45 to send the items back because of how much it was worth, it was over $300..didn't know that was a thing). Then 19.95 shipping once again when you use your store credit even if you don't use the whole voucher. So you end up wasting loads of money.Its' not. Hayley is pretending to not have my returns. After Iv'e tracked them and I know she has them.

Do you deliver to the UK? If so, how long will it take to deliver and is there any extra charges for delivery? Thank you x
Do not do it. The items will most likely not come or not be what they advertised.

Similar listings