Born To Be Chic

Born To Be Chic

See the Best Footwear in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Don’t fall for it like I did

I payed 119$ for the dress and tax on Canada added another 30$ on top of that. The dress is a black/blue see-through mesh with felt flowers badly sewed onto it. For paying over 150$ and waiting two months to get it, I am horribly disappointed. Although from far away I see how they could get away with the dress in photos but believe me holding the dress in my hands it is such poor quality. BUT it does fit, I ordered a 6 and I could get away with wearing it if I could fix the major see-through problem.

Product Appearance Not as advertised

Don’t be fooled by the instagram following they are all bought.

Absolute nightmare of a company. I purchased under the proviso she had a large following only to type her name into a Instagram auditor and find out they are all bought. Rude owner concerned about purely her sales and no consideration she’s flogging peoples hard earned money. Claims she values customers but clearly does nothing of the sort. Refused to give a refund for goods that were falsely advertised. I then opted for her only solution which was a gift card, then to find that half her website if out of stock of out of date. I then file a complaint with fair trading only to be told that she has said she has met her consumer obligations by providing me with a gift card completely skimming over the fact there is nothing to buy. Spend your money at petal and pup, much more reasonable and honest.

Poor customer service

The dress I bought from this website was apparently delivered by aus post but I never received it, and aus post compensated me. I originally bought this dress on sale and when I got compensated for the dress, it was not on sale anymore. I asked [name removed] if it was possible for me to repurchase the dress at the same price, and I received a reply of “Our website shouldn’t have actually deducted already reduced items but we still honoured it. I’ll be honest, we still sent your order but we practically gave out a free dress after the credit card fees and our wholesale price”
I found her customer service quite rude, she could of responded in a more polite manner. I will not be shopping here anymore and strongly recommending my friends to not buy anything from this website either.

Do Not Buy From This Store!!!

Asked so many times for a refund and all they would offer me is a store credit which I didn’t want because first of all they had barely any stock and I needed the dress for a wedding coming up soon. The dress I originally ordered was apparently on presale but it definitely wasn’t when I clicked on it to buy it, she didn’t even have the dress in stock nothing had been dispatched to me and she still wouldn’t give me a refund/ cancel my afterpay. Been back and forth with emails that aren’t getting me no where wish I looked at the reviews earlier before buying from this store.

Not one Issue!

Was concerned with some of these reviews, but decided to give it the benefit of the doubt because everyone complains and noone gives credit, and I'm happy I did- had absolutely no issues. Product arrived in less than 48 hours, I received updates at each step and tracking information, that I didnt have a need to check because it arrived so quickly. Quality was as expected and product was as pictured no surprises or disappointments here!

Trust me stay away! If i could give 0 stars i would

Disgusting customer service she is a liar and i cant believe she runs her business this way! I bought a dress with a discount code and when it arrived i needed to exchange it for a size smaller, so i emailed checking if they had my size and if i would be able to just exchange it. The whole process is she will refund you the money and then you have to repurchase, I checked with her to see if i would have to put in any extra money as i had purchased with a discount code and she told me i would be able to use the discount code and there would be no issues. so i pay for the envelope send it back and then she tells me she wont honour the original discount even though i had it in writing! Stay away from this money hungry sneak!! the whole store is a joke. I then had to pay extra for my dress and pay the shipping again.. the whole reason i checked was to ensure i wouldn't have to put in extra money as i would of got it altered. Stay away!! there are a million online stores out there that care about customer service! When the new dress arrived it was crumpled up into a ball and shoved in a tiny envelope as well. I also wasn't notified that it was being shipped even though they say that's what they do. I wish i had followed my gut instinct! there's a reason you cant leave google reviews. BTW this wasn't even an international order! I don't believe in publicly shaming a company but people need to know what a sneak she is and disgusting my experience was.

Sizing Slightly large

Stay away! Would give a 0 if possible. Scam company! Will take your money and never give you the product.

Taken this company to consumer fair trade. After not getting my dress, I emailed her to which she ignored and then blocked me on Facebook and refuses to refund me.

Loved it

First time I ordered and although I was afraid of the negative comments I gave it a chance. Took my measurements and though I was +10cm from the waist on the measurement board in the site for size 12 the dress fitted perfectly and had good customer service from Hayley.

Sizing Slightly large
Product Appearance As advertised

Faulty clothing with no refund

They advised a lined dress. What I received was a extremely cheap not lined dress. I Returned the faulty dress and told them why. They won’t refund as lined to them only means it’s not see through.

After explaining what lined means they offered me a store credit.

I do not want a store credit as the quality of these products are extremely poor and not as advertised.

Have emailed them but no reply to many of my emails they also refuse to call me about this issue.

Very disappointed. Don’t put yourself through the hassle.

Product Appearance Not as advertised

Amazing customer service and great quality clothing!

All the clothes from Born to Be Chic are of very good quality, fits as described on the website, and is absolutely adorable! I am so pleased with my purchases and the customer service was amazing! They went above and beyond to make sure I received a dress in time for a very special event. I highly recommend!

Product Appearance As advertised

Never got my dress and it’s Been 4 months. Wrote to them and got no answer.

Never got my dress and it’s Been 4 months. Wrote to them and got no answer. Contacted them on Instagram and they told me that they reply to me by email but never got it so I told them and they never reply.

Great customer service

Really happy with the customer service and response to questions about my order delivery. Clothes were great and as they looked in the pictures. I would buy from here again!

Absolutely fantastic!!!

Both my dresses are amazing. Great fit, colour and quality. The customer service was also amazing, they helped me with a discount issue that I had without any questions. I would definitely buy more dresses...

Product Appearance As advertised

Dress was amazing fantastic quality!

Dress was fantastic
Great quality
Fit was perfect
Customer service was the best part!
Could not fault this product or company will definitely be buy through them again!

Couldn't be happier!

I must admit, I was a little hesitant to purchase from Born To Be Chic after reading the reviews however, I couldn't be happier with my experience. I received great customer service with an enquiry I had and the items I purchased where gorgeous!

One very happy customer!

Product Appearance As advertised

So happy with my purchase!

The Born to be Chic site is very easy to navigate. All of the dresses look appealing and are priced very reasonably.
I am very happy with the the quality of the Khaleesi dress- the colour is identical to the photo displayed and the fabric is soft and is comfortable. Even though the dress is slightly longer on me due to my height, I still cannot wait to wear it to an upcoming event.

Hayley was also very helpful in correspondence regarding shipping and tracking of my dress.

Great Service, BEAUTIFUL Dress, Very Happy!!

I purchased the Celine set in Burgundy during the boxing day sale. After a few weeks, I hadn't received my dress, so I emailed the staff at BornToBeChic. Turns out I unfortunately overlooked where it states that the dress was on back order on their website. I did find the order confirmation a little misleading as it said "We are getting your order ready to be shipped" so while this could be improved, at the end of the day it was my fault.

Hayley and Paige were absolutely lovely to deal with, they offered me the dress in another colour as they had stock (I loved the Emerald anyway so I didn't mind). They posted it on Friday and I had it the following Monday in time for the wedding I am flying out for. The dress is AMAZING quality. It actually comes with 'Two Sisters The Label' tags on it for anyone who like me was considering buying it from them. So exact same dress, but better price at BornToBeChic. I will definitely buy from them again :) Thanks girls!!!

Do Not Purchase From This Site

I brought a dress online from this site, it was NOT listed as presale at the time of purchase. When I did not receive shipping confirmation I emailed to see where my order was. I was told at this point that the item was presale, the lady, Hayley (who I’ve since discovered is the owner and sole operator) tried to insist that it had been listed as presale at the time of purchase. I wrote back saying it definitely wasn’t as I double checked that the dress was available and from an Australian retailer as I knew I needed the dress for a wedding in a weeks time, I asked for a refund as I would have to purchase another dress elsewhere. Hayley refused to give me a refund despite the fact that she had not even received the dress herself let alone dispatched it to me. Several back and forth emails got me absolutely no where as she just continued to refuse to refund my money. I’ve had to lodge a dispute with my bank to try and recover the funds. I’ve also put in a complaint to consumer affairs. BEWARE, DO NOT RISK BUYING FROM THIS SELLER! All the dresses on this site can be found at their original source ‘Two Sisters the Label’ I’d recommend buying straight from them if you like something rather than going through this dodgy middle man.

POOR QUALITY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE

Bought a Shay Lace Dress worth $110. The left mesh sleeve tore on the first wear. Hayley from Born to Be Chic was of no help and said that because the dress arrived in good condition it was not her problem, completely ignoring consumer law rights. Consumer law states that products must last and be of a quality appropriate to their price. A $100+ DRESS SHOULD LAST MORE THAN 1 WEAR.

Very disappointed. Will be taking this issue to Fair Trading.

Worst online shopping experience ever

Purchased this item based off the description that it would arrive early December. After buying, the description was changed to say it wouldn’t arrive until late December. Contacted and asked for a refunded and they only offered to swap for a different colour. Asked another 2 times for it to be cancelled and refunded and she didn’t respond to my requests. The garment arrived on 18/12 (not early December). I contacted asking for this to be refunded as I had already asked and she has refused. [name removed] (the owner) argued constantly and wasn’t willing to assist. Have now had to take this issue to VCAT all over around $20. Pathetic service, not worth the trouble- Do not buy from here.

Hi! Has anyone purchased the Kendall Set from this site? Would love to hear your opionions about the quality, fit and overall look before I purchase. Thanks.
Just don't. Don't waste you time and energy. I wish someone had told me that before trying to deal with this company I'm now $100 trying to see if Afterpay will help me get my money backI never ended up buying from them. Thank you though for the heads up.Don’t. Total rubbish

Hello. Do you know if it is possible to return the items back?
Hi, yes I think you can however you have to pay for postage and they only give store credit. No direct refunds from my understanding :)They only offer store credit back and you have to pay original shipping of 19.95au when you originally order order plus shipping back (it cost me $45 to send the items back because of how much it was worth, it was over $300..didn't know that was a thing). Then 19.95 shipping once again when you use your store credit even if you don't use the whole voucher. So you end up wasting loads of money.Its' not. Hayley is pretending to not have my returns. After Iv'e tracked them and I know she has them.

Do you deliver to the UK? If so, how long will it take to deliver and is there any extra charges for delivery? Thank you x
Do not do it. The items will most likely not come or not be what they advertised.