Bosch Compress 3000

Bosch Compress 3000

See the Best Solar Water Heaters in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Celine

CelinePerth, WA

No hot water

Terrible pump. We made a terrible mistake in getting this installed back in 2017. We never had smaller electricity bills as promised by the plumbing company. They are always as high as with a instant hot water system. But at least with instant you can get constant hot water but with this you’ll be lucky to get 3 showers spaced out in one day. And we tried different settings. Sometimes we’ll get extra burning out water when the pump finally decides to work but it doesn’t last long...Other than that expect luck warm water!

Purchased in July 2017 for $3,000.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 2 person(s)

oldmate

oldmateSouth East Queensland, QLD

Bosch no longer bringing this unit into Australia

We discovered the Bosch Compress heat pump is no longer being brought into Australia when we had some issues recently.

Typical when the going gets tough the product line is dropped.

DeebPerth, WA

Very disappointed

Purchased in May 2018 at URECO for $3,000.00.

Vanessa

VanessaSydney Surrounds, NSW

Four years old and its cactus

Purchased in January 2015 at Powerland for $2,500.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 3 person(s)

Hard water issues

Had one of these fitted to our brand new house it has continually come up with fault EO-9 ( which means purge system) after four weeks got in touch with Bosch I was told system needs purging after plumber came and purged it it failed again two days later rang Bosch they sent there plumber around and was told these facts
They have problems if you have hard water issues the plumber has told me it will cost me $2500 to install water a softening filters for this appliance to run correctly
My advice is to do your homework first on what your waters like before you purchase this model

Purchased in November 2018.

Yorkie
Yorkie
Robert B.Bosch Hot Water & Heating

Hi Yorkie, ProductReview's platform does not give us the functionality to contact you directly. Please get in touch with us at our toll-free number 1300 30 70 37 any time during the weekday during the hours of 7:30am and 6:00pm (AEST).

Smithy

SmithySouth East Queensland, QLD

Impressed and Happy

We chose this unit to put into our new house when it was completed 3 months ago. We have been very impressed with the unit and the savings to run it. We have it set up to run in the morning early when the solar panels are generating power. The noise is not really an issue. It is outside the laundry and it only runs for a short time anyway to heat the water. We have 3 bathrooms and have plenty of water to use more than one bathroom at a time. It only took my partner a short time to work out the programming of the unit and the plumbers seemed to be able to install it without any major issues.

Purchased in September 2018 at 1st Choice Hot water and Plumbing (online) for $2,800.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 3 person(s)

MoMoTraralgon

Avoid at all costs

Three weeks after connection and still not running right!! Bosch service team have tried to fix it and it fails every time after they leave. There hasn't been continuous hot water since it was connected. Bosch sales person will not replace it with a new one!!! Save yourself the stress, and avoid!!!

Date PurchasedSep 2018
MoMo

I'm in contact with a Bosch representative...when the problems are resolved to my satisfaction i will update my review with the results.

meggle

meggleTanunda

So noisy

We bought a Bosch Compress 3000 DW and find it so noisy, we need to shut all the windows otherwise it wakes us up, thank goodness our neighbours are not in their house very often otherwise we would get a major complaint from them. Does anyone else have a very loud unit, is this usual for them, if so we will need to end up replacing it at a major cost because it is unbearable.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Graham

GrahamWentworth Falls

Low Cost to Run, Very Satisfied

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Ronnie Norris

Ronnie NorrisMelbourne

Bosch Hot Water Heat pump very good

The Bosch Hot Water Heat Pump we purchased from Specialized Heating and Cooling is very good and the savings off our home energy bills are amazing, if I was you I would replace your electric or gas units with a Bosch Heat Pump it’s ideal and works great all year around with the unit working down to -7 deg and a dB of 41db or program it to turn off and night and back on in the morning so 0 dB over night.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Michael P

Michael PMelbourne

Energy bill savings

I bought my Bosch Hot Water Heat Pump form Swan Plumbing and I’m very happy with the savings now off me energy bills.
Bosch Hot Water Heat Pump is amazing and the guys that installed it did a great job connecting it also to my PV system which if me even more savings.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Dave

DaveGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Works well with big savings on bills.

Had the system for a few months in a very cold location in hills east of Melbourne. Works well. Easy to install, big savings on power bills (about $3 a day) and no dramas with hot water running out. You can set the temperature of water easily so can have it as hot as you want (to within safety limits). Programming is easy, but to be honest unless you know what you are doing systems best to be left on standard settings imho.

The system is designed for a 3-4 person household. If you want more hot water you need a bigger system... and will need to pay for it.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Runs out of hot water

This hot water unit is a complete dud. We are a family of 5 and we can't even get 4 showers before we run out of hot water. We have new house and in the process of ripping it out and replacing it. Very disappointed as this is the biggest unit Bosch makes

Date PurchasedMay 2017

programming

I agree the unit with solar panels is great. However the programming manual is not well written and unit interface not intuitive to setup, Has anyone written a simple set of instructions?
( and for some strange reason i need to write at least Fifty words. I have now do that.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

having trouble programming the system

The plumber installed the system and it ran fine for 3 days, now it has stuck on Auto and only heats the water to 37o. I rang for help on the 1300 number on how to re set it and couldnt get any satisfaction. We are in the country and not close to a plumber.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
savydog

savydogKEPPEL SANDS

Great system to use with PV Solar

Very happy with this system. We used the built in settings to only operate between 10 am and 3 pm and had our electrician wire us onto general supply. As we have solar this means we are not feeding back to the grid at 7c but heating hot water first. Family has 6 showers a day and we have not run out of hot water even a bath now and then on a Sunday afternoon. 43 units of power used in one calendar month (QLD summer) the heat pump transfer really makes use of that power. Once a week the system high heats on a legionaries setting, just have to remember on that night we need to add more cold water as what comes out is quite a bit hotter.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

The town house that I bought had an instant hot water system..1st quarter $350. 2nd qtr $510. 3 rd qtr 816. YIKES
Bosch 1st qtr which includes 3 weeks with the instant hot water....$206.
Everything I read about this system is true..the only negative thing I can say is that when I rang Bosch c/service for more information, the person i spoke with knew less than I did & wasn't interested in helping.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Francis

FrancisMelbourne

Best Hot Water Heat Pump on the market

A plumber recommended me the Bosch Hot Water Heat Pump and it's been fantastic due to the controller on the front of the unit it lets me see what the temp in the tank is and it's only 43db and you can program it to turn on when you want it off like at night so no noise at night at all and it's PV connectable. The Bosch Heat Pump is excellent.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

RodneyD

RodneyD

Very happy

We have had this unit for about 2 years now and not a single problem. We never run out of hot water and we have a family of 4, who take long showers. And our electricity bills have reduced.

My one suggestion would be that Bosch make available some sort of coupling for the exhaust air so that householders can pipe it into the house. My understanding is that the unit works by taking energy out of the air and then returning that air, a few degrees cooler, to the atmosphere. The result is that the unit produces wonderfully cool air! At present the air just cools my garden. It would be great if we could pipe that air into the house (with a shut off valve for winter, of course!). Free air conditioning!

Date PurchasedJul 2014

Waste of money and always runs out of hot water

We bought this for a family of 4 and to date nothing but dramas , you have two showers then its no longer hot anymore or it takes so long to heat up again , company was notified and only thing they would do is go around in circles while you suffer. I heard it's compulsory to have when building new dwellings !!! If it is , ... Biggest Scam .

Naomi M.

Naomi M.asked

Hi, we keep finding our unit not coming on and not being able to get the menu on to see what is happening. This happens every few months for a couple of days. Any help would be appreciated.

Robert B.Bosch Hot Water & Heating

Hi Naomi, we're so sorry to hear about the issues that you've been experiencing with your unit. We would suggest that you reach out to one of our authorised contractors. Please get in touch with our customer service team at 1300 30 70 37 any time from 7:30am - 6:00pm (AEST) during the weekday, and they will be able to assist you in getting in touch with a service agent.

Arpad F

Arpad Fasked

On a Bosch Compress 3000 the e09 is a mechanical failure or just a matter of resetting

Robert B.Bosch Hot Water & Heating

Hi Arpad, the heat pump has a troubleshooting function. In most cases, the unit will return to normal functioning following elimination of the cause of the malfunction and resetting the device. The E09 fault refers to either an incorrect purging, water not circulating (water pump or hydraulic circuit may be blocked), or the system being unpurged due to water shortage. We recommend that you contact your installer regarding this issue.

John

Johnasked

I've just recently had a valve on the side of my Bosch water pump system which was leaking quit fast.
It's just possibly over 1 year old. Replaced a couple of weeks ago & I noticed yesterday it's dripping again slower from the drain pipe again.
I rang the Plumber & he said 'M' but they should loose at least 1 Litre of water a day ? I replied that doesn't seem right & he said he'd look at it again. I'm sure that's not right ' any answers please.
I gave him the address again & he was going to have another look at it. John D

Robert B.Bosch Hot Water & Heating

Hi John, when water is heated, expansion occurs. This will cause a small amount of water to drip from the relief drain, otherwise known as condensate. Hot water usage will determine the amount of "water leakage", but it is not uncommon for the unit to release around 2L of water per day depending on the air temperature. For more information, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us at 1300 30 70 37 during the weekday from 7:30am to 6:00pm (AEST).

Get an answer from our members and Bosch Hot Water & Heating representatives