Bosch Compress 3000

• Temperature Consistency
  • Heating Speed
David

DavidGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

2 year warranty and that's all we got from it.

Programming proved very difficult followed instructions to the letter but only able to set it up to run continuously which was fine. Worked well for first two years , now has stopped working but out of warranty. Re Set it worked for a couple of days then failed again. Not happy will go for a unit with a much longer warranty in future.

Purchased in October 2018 for $3,500.00.

Blakey

BlakeyGoulburn Valley, VIC

Continual failures and no Warranty from Bosch.

Buzzer

BuzzerSouth West, WA

Great idea, shame about the service.

Purchased in June 2017 for $2,990.00.

Find out how Bosch Compress 3000 compares to other Solar Water Heaters

So far, very happy with it!!!

Installed now for about 6 months, 2 + visitors household, no hot water supply issues at all even with 4 in household at times. Power consumption about half compared to the old storage electric unit, now getting a rebate on solar power compared to about $200 quarterly bills. Not very noisy, can just hear fan outside en-suite with window open. A bit tricky to program, but once set, trouble free. Holiday feature works a treat.
Would recommend this as a quality unit performing to spec...

Purchased in September 2019.

Tom N.

Tom N.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I am happy with it so far.

Got this as a cheap alternative to a battery. Run it mainly during solar hours, but early on I realised our night showers mean we need it to be allowed to run until about 11pm if necessary. This it's fine, but we don't run it later since it does produce a bit of noise, but not too much and have not tried the low noise function. Speaking of the functions, they are ok but the computer is really unintuitive. I mean really bad. I had to watch the video about 4 times to reproduce the steps an I'm an electrical engineer. In this day and age, surely it's cheaper to fit it with wifi and a web server than to install an LCD screen with obscure symbols on it!
Super cheap to run. If you have solar, definitely get a heat pump hot water cylinder.

Purchased in October 2019.

aquatrek

aquatrekTasmania

Heap of JUNK

Bosch Compress 3000. Failed after only 3 years. Thats why you only get a 2 year warranty because it is expected to fail. A con if ever there was one. So much for German 'quality'.

Purchased in April 2016 for $2,800.00.

Household Size1 person(s)
Christopher

ChristopherWestern District, VIC

Expensive piece of junk

Failed after just 2 years will go back to standard heater ,very dissapointed,so much for German quality,wont miss the racket it made either do not waste your money on one of these.

Purchased in March 2017.

Poor after sales service

Purchased in November 2015 for $3,000.00.

oldmate

oldmateSouth East Queensland, QLD

Bosch no longer bringing this unit into Australia

We discovered the Bosch Compress heat pump is no longer being brought into Australia when we had some issues recently.

Typical when the going gets tough the product line is dropped.

DeebPerth, WA

Very disappointed

Purchased in May 2018 at URECO for $3,000.00.

Functionality
Temperature Consistency
Heating Speed
Vanessa

VanessaSydney Surrounds, NSW

Four years old and its cactus

Purchased in January 2015 at Powerland for $2,500.00.

Hard water issues

Had one of these fitted to our brand new house it has continually come up with fault EO-9 ( which means purge system) after four weeks got in touch with Bosch I was told system needs purging after plumber came and purged it it failed again two days later rang Bosch they sent there plumber around and was told these facts
They have problems if you have hard water issues the plumber has told me it will cost me $2500 to install water a softening filters for this appliance to run correctly
My advice is to do your homework first on what your waters like before you purchase this model

Purchased in November 2018.

Yorkie
Yorkie
Robert B.Bosch Hot Water & Heating

Hi Yorkie, ProductReview's platform does not give us the functionality to contact you directly. Please get in touch with us at our toll-free number 1300 30 70 37 any time during the weekday during the hours of 7:30am and 6:00pm (AEST).

Smithy

SmithySouth East Queensland, QLD

Impressed and Happy

We chose this unit to put into our new house when it was completed 3 months ago. We have been very impressed with the unit and the savings to run it. We have it set up to run in the morning early when the solar panels are generating power. The noise is not really an issue. It is outside the laundry and it only runs for a short time anyway to heat the water. We have 3 bathrooms and have plenty of water to use more than one bathroom at a time. It only took my partner a short time to work out the programming of the unit and the plumbers seemed to be able to install it without any major issues.

Purchased in September 2018 at 1st Choice Hot water and Plumbing (online) for $2,800.00.

MoMoTraralgon

Avoid at all costs

Three weeks after connection and still not running right!! Bosch service team have tried to fix it and it fails every time after they leave. There hasn't been continuous hot water since it was connected. Bosch sales person will not replace it with a new one!!! Save yourself the stress, and avoid!!!

Date PurchasedSept 2018
MoMo

I'm in contact with a Bosch representative...when the problems are resolved to my satisfaction i will update my review with the results.

meggle

meggleTanunda

So noisy

We bought a Bosch Compress 3000 DW and find it so noisy, we need to shut all the windows otherwise it wakes us up, thank goodness our neighbours are not in their house very often otherwise we would get a major complaint from them. Does anyone else have a very loud unit, is this usual for them, if so we will need to end up replacing it at a major cost because it is unbearable.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Graham

GrahamWentworth Falls

Low Cost to Run, Very Satisfied

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
Ronnie Norris

Ronnie NorrisSydney Surrounds, NSW

Bosch Hot Water Heat pump very good

The Bosch Hot Water Heat Pump we purchased from Specialized Heating and Cooling is very good and the savings off our home energy bills are amazing, if I was you I would replace your electric or gas units with a Bosch Heat Pump it’s ideal and works great all year around with the unit working down to -7 deg and a dB of 41db or program it to turn off and night and back on in the morning so 0 dB over night.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Michael P

Michael PMelbourne

Energy bill savings

I bought my Bosch Hot Water Heat Pump form Swan Plumbing and I’m very happy with the savings now off me energy bills.
Bosch Hot Water Heat Pump is amazing and the guys that installed it did a great job connecting it also to my PV system which if me even more savings.

Date PurchasedSept 2017
Dave

DaveGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Works well with big savings on bills.

Had the system for a few months in a very cold location in hills east of Melbourne. Works well. Easy to install, big savings on power bills (about $3 a day) and no dramas with hot water running out. You can set the temperature of water easily so can have it as hot as you want (to within safety limits). Programming is easy, but to be honest unless you know what you are doing systems best to be left on standard settings imho.

The system is designed for a 3-4 person household. If you want more hot water you need a bigger system... and will need to pay for it.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Runs out of hot water

This hot water unit is a complete dud. We are a family of 5 and we can't even get 4 showers before we run out of hot water. We have new house and in the process of ripping it out and replacing it. Very disappointed as this is the biggest unit Bosch makes

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Nick K.

Nick K.asked

Hi we have a Bosch 3000 Heat Pump unit and have been very happy having purchased it 5 years ago. Recently a pressure relief valve failed so it noticed 2 such valves and replaced them. Filled the system and went through the purging process and away it went. The following morning there was a E10 error flashing, so i managed get back into the system and did a factory reset hoping it would fix the error. Prior to the E10 error was having some LEG error but was happy with the reset option which appeared to work. Having the E10 error flashing again. Is there an easy fix or do we need a technician ? Though about draining the system hoping to flush out any contaminants that could be blocking the system or am I flogging a dead horse ?

Mr Tasked

We have a Compress 3000 installed around 3 years ago. It's always been a bit flaky, getting stuck in legionella cycle on occasion. Normally, doing a quick reprogram or a reset would get it back into the regular cycle, but lately, for the last few weeks, it has been running the legionella cycle for 5 days or so, despite me resetting the unit to factory settings.

Seems to me that the firmware is really not well written, the unit has a real time clock, so surely there would have been a timer triggered on the LEG cycle that would take it out of that cycle after the 48 hours is up, rather than just letting it run?

I see there is a response here about the element being faulty maybe causing this, how would a faulty element, which is still working, btw, cause the firmware to not realise it has been in a 2 day cycle for 5 days?

Seems like these units could have benefited from a decent firmware programmer, because the current firmware is pretty horrible.

Anyway, if there is a way to make sure this unit operates correctly on the LEG cycle without having to call out a tech (we are in NW Tassie, not many heat pump techs around here), I would love to hear it. At the moment, this unit is on the way to getting replaced, absolutely not good enough for a nearly $3k water heater to fail in such a short timeframe.

Mr T

Update, woke up to no hot water this morning, the unit was in error code E11 (problem in the heat pump system somewhere), so reset it and it has restarted, will see how it goes, but not holding my breath. The unit is less than 3.5 years old, I absolutely recommend that no-one buy this unit, way too many faults and glitches.

Anne B.

Anne B.asked

What is error no 9

Mr T

I realise this was asked a while ago, but E09 is caused by air in the system or incorrect water circulation. The manual lists the following as causes:

Incorrect system purging
Water pump blocked (water not recirculating)
Hydraulic circuit blocked (water not recirculating)
System unpurged due to water shortage

Get an answer from our members and Bosch Hot Water & Heating representatives