Bosch Serie 8 Heat Pump Tumble Dryers

WTW87565AU, WTW87566AU, WTW87564AU

neville00

neville00AU

don't waste your money

Similar to other purchasers of this drier.Have owned Bosch dishwashers for many years. They are brilliant and can thoroughly recommend. Unfortunately would not recommend their expensive clothes clothes drier. Just out of warranty pump needed replacing. Puddle of water is now sitting in bottom of drum . Piece of crap grrrrrr

Purchased in November 2017 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $1,400.00.

Hi neville00,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your drier. If we can be of any help to you feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.

shree

shreeGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

for such a expensive product their customer service is horrible!

Purchased in December 2018 at The Good Guys for $1,500.00.

Adammg1

Adammg1Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Not much to say, it dries clothes!

This is a great drier! Best I've ever owned, it has many modes and my shirts never lose any features such as size after going in. I cannot recommend this enough, a must have machine!

Purchased in May 2019 at The Good Guys for $500.00.

This dryer sucks!

Where do I start ! The Sensors won't let you dry cloth that are half dry and stop functioning altogether! Cloth ball into knots because no reverse action therefore taking forever to dry. Had machine for some time now and in the beginning dried OK and was very quite. Now take 3 to 4 hours to dry one normal load and have to place three tennis balls inside to keep from knotting up all the time. Worse machine ever purchased and never again !!!! Last of all , the door is closed but my Famous Bosch sensors says ,''door is open '' and will not start now. Freaken nightmare :(

Purchased in March 2018 at Saturn for $1,299.00.

Hi Hal,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your dryer. If we can be of any help to you feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.

Heath R.

Heath R.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Quiet, efficient and no fluff

Despite some of the horror reviews I decided to put Bosch to the test and purchased a heat pump tumble dryer (Serie 8, WTW87564). I love it. Threw in my load of clothes (stayed under 3kg max weight for the Mix selection - per manual), selected Mix, Cupboard Dry and start. I happened to hang my quick dry shorts and shirt outside on a 40 deg C day...Dryer was complete in the same time it took my stuff outside to dry! Machine is quiet, energy efficient and doesn't vent any fluff so my laundry stays dry and clean. Couldn't ask for more.

Purchased in December 2019 at Harvey Norman Electronics Physical Store for $1,599.00.

Bosch H.Bosch Home Appliances

Just doesnt dry clothes....

Purchased due to condenser properties and Bosch being a good brand.
Rarely will the pre options controls actually dry clothes and even when using the timed option still wont dry.
Not sure what to do as it is an expensive unit - seems to be multiple reviews like this one - wish i read them prior to purchase

Purchased in May 2014 at The Good Guys.

Michael O.

Michael O.Sydney, NSW

Great dryer

Was initially concerned that it mightn't dry as well as normal dryer but we are convinced. Pretty quick, doesn't steam up the house, and is very economical to run compared to old dryer. Very Quiet

Purchased in May 2019 at Appliances Online for $1,381.00.

Angry and disappointed

Angry and disappointedWestern District, VIC

APPALLING performance and staggering response by Bosch

Purchased in March 2019.

Victoria

VictoriaSydney Surrounds, NSW

This is THE WORST APPLIANCE EVER don't waste your money like I did!

Do not be fooled by its big price tag and grand claims this dryer LITERALLY DOES NOT DRY YOUR CLOTHES. Do not have the regret that I do. STEER CLEAR.

Purchased in August 2019 at Appliances Online.

HTB

HTBSydney Surrounds, NSW

Recurring problem with leaking

Purchased in May 2017.

Matt

MattDarwin, NT

How ironic. A dryer that doesn't dry...well takes 6 plus hours to!

Purchased in January 2017 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $1,697.65.

chris2456

chris2456Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great family dryer

Great product to have and easy to use. Several options to tailor it to best suit each load. Would be great to have a manual override as once it senses there is no moisture, then it switches off.

Purchased for $1,400.00.

Charlie

CharlieSydney, NSW

THE best dryer

Do yourself a favour and buy it; it hasn’t disappointed us yet. We choose a heat pump dryer to be more environmentally friendly as a main concern. The dryer is fantastic. Doesn’t give clothes that stuff, super dry feeling. It does a great job of drying in a decent amount of time (with quick cycle as options too) and is just super easy to use. Have had it for 3 months now, use it twice a week, and so far no complaints

Purchased in June 2019 for $1,400.00.

mazza

mazzaSydney, NSW

Happy customer!

Best dryer I’ve purchased- use It mainly for towels and other items when it’s raining. I’m really happy with how it’s gentle on my garments and so quite 100% happy!

Purchased in February 2019.

Initially great, but only lasted 12months

This dryer performed well initially, but drying time has increased to the point where it is not fit for purpose. 2 technician callouts, both indicating nothing is wrong. Nothing has changed with the way we are using the dryer, it is simply not performing like it did when new. After sales service has been no help after 2 callouts.

Purchased in December 2017 at Appliances Online for $1,500.00.

Adrian R.
Adrian R.

Hello,

I've contacted you via email on the 21/08 and have not received any response yet - This isn't improving our impressions of the Bosch brand. I have no doubt that if the warranty had expired, a problem would be found rather quickly.

Wess

WessGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Best Dryer so far!

I’ve never used the airer outside again. It’s cheaper to run compared from my previews condenser dryer. Clothes are dried right even if I mixed up the load. Big barrel for big loads. pricey but worth it!

Purchased in February 2019 at Appliance Online.

Karen505050

Karen505050South East Queensland, QLD

Amazing dryer

This is best dryer I have had in 50 years. So quiet. Very power efficient because only have to do less loads. Love the light in tumbler. Takes big items such as blankets and sheets . Takes good sized load and doesn’t roll clothes such as sheets in a ball.
Great selection of drying options to dry different types of fabrics . Including Auto and manual time settings. Clothes come out soft and dry. Especially good for softening towels that have gone hard on clothes line. No shrinking or distortion of fabrics such as lingerie and woollens.
Handles delicate with care without pulling threads.

Purchased in July 2019 at Winning Appliances for $1,376.00.

JJChai

JJChaiSydney, NSW

I was concerned due to the price, however not now.

Purchased in August 2019 at Appliances Online for $1,377.00.

wannabuynow

wannabuynowMelbourne

It’s only Bosch from now on!!

My 4th Bosch product. Have a slimline dishwasher, gas stove and front loader too. This heat pump drier is fantastic. I don’t have a clothesline so put everything in it. All dries perfectly with no damage. Not having moisture in the laundry is the greatest asset. Auto draining into back of trough too. Classy looking machine with very well made parts. Can’t fault anything. Had occasion to call help desk. English speaking staff and extremely knowledgeable. Thanks Bosch.

Purchased in July 2018 at The Good Guys for $1,000.00.

JodieGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Drum doesn't reverse, so towels & sheets won't dry at all.

Purchased in June 2019 for $1,390.00.

Jodie

I've already been in contact with support. See above.
Good Guys swapped the dryer for a different brand. All fixed.

Sel

Selasked

Hi,
We have this model and find that it doesn't dry and it takes forever and ever!!.
Could you please tell me what setting I should put on for clothes like socks, jocks and general clothing????
Look forward to you response.
Thanks Sel

Bosch H.Bosch Home Appliances

Hi Sel, We recommend using Easy Care or Mixed Load program then you can alter your settings to Fine Adjust. If you think the laundry is still too damp when the drying program has ended, you can adjust the degree of dryness to achieve a particular dryness level. Please refer to page 23 & 24 of your user manual. Kind Regards Bosch Home Australia

Mile T.asked

We purchased our dryer just over 2 years ago. I seem to have the same problem as most of this thread. The dryer will start and 5 minutes in the empty tank alert will come on and it will stop. We actually have our dryer plumbed straight to the waste, bypassing the tank. I checked the line and it is clean. I tried draining to the tank and have the same problem. This seems like a common problem for an expensive machine.

Melissa H.
Melissa H.

Hi - did you find any solutions for this? Just started having the exact same issue :(

Hi,
We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your dryer. We'd like to help, if you contact us on 1300 369 744 we’ll investigate for you. It might end up needing a service call.

Hi Melissa,
Sorry for not replying earlier. Contacted Bosch. Even though we were outside the warranty period they very promptly repaired the dryer under warranty.
Turned out to be a small pump. I always say you can tell more about a company when things do go wrong. For this reason, I would highly recommend Bosch. I also need to add, it’s drying better than ever.

Janel

Janelasked

Hi there.
We purchased a new Bosch WTY877W0AU tumble dryer and on first load it was quiet-but second load it makes a continually clicking/hitting sound like there is loose change in the dryer (there is not) or a zipper from some clothing (there is not) hitting on the right side. Do we need to call someone to look at it as under warranty?

Hi Janel,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch dryer.
For any unusual sounds would recommend a service call.
Please contact us on 1300 369 744, option 2, to arrange this.

Get an answer from our members and Bosch Home Appliances representatives