Bosch Serie 8 Heat Pump Tumble Dryers

Bosch Serie 8 Heat Pump Tumble Dryers

WTW87565AU, WTW87564AU, WTW87566AU

Clothes Dryers Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of clothes dryer would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

3.9

Just an ok product. But Reliable

We have had a Bosch 8 heat pump drier for a few year. The positive is it does not chock the room with fluff. The negative is to dry cloths properly only a small amount can be added and make sure you have a packed lunch as it take a while.

Purchased in March 2017 at The Good Guys.

toni47

toni47South East Queensland, QLD

A dryer that doesn't dry

Joe

JoeSydney, NSW

BOSH heat pump dryer

I bought the machine via harvey norman on 15/7 . A try to dry my clothes in several cycles and doesn't dry completely. I would like to return because is not efficient for me . Is a waist or time and money . I need something efficient that dry my clothes in a short of period of time . Very disapointed with product.

Purchased in July 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$1,600.00.

Bosch H.Bosch Home Appliances

Hi Joe, Thank you for your review. If you could please call us to discuss this matter further on 1300 369 744 Monday - Friday 7am - 12am AEST. Kind regards Bosch Home Australia.

Heat Pump Clothes Dryers

Find out how Bosch Serie 8 Heat Pump Tumble Dryers compares to other Heat Pump Clothes Dryers

Jay H.

Jay H.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Not impressed - Too many fancy programs but all I want is dry clothes!

Our machine is now 30 months old and we are now experiencing constant issues trying to dry clothes.
Every load will not completely dry and the problem has deteriorated in recent days where the washing is still wet and starting the cycle or program again results in the the machine stopping without drying or with beeping warning sound. The light showing a water droplet into a bucket flashes as the machine beeps. Upon inspection, the condenser tray and filter are empty. I've also tried cleaning the moisture sensor and this doesn't resolve the issue. Help!

Purchased in January 2018 at Appliances Online for A$1,521.00.

Hi Jay H,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your dryer.

Tim the tool man

Tim the tool man

No happy with my Bosch dryer

Just purchased dryer no matter what setting i put it on it only works for 4 minutes leaving my clothes wet.
Tried trouble shooting still no difference had Bosch products all my life but this dryer im very disappointed has put me off the product

Purchased in June 2020 at The Good Guys.

bushmagpie

bushmagpieAU

Isn't modern technology great.

Purchased in June 2020 at The Good Guys for A$1,700.00.

Radhika N.

Radhika N.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Can't imagine winters without it.

We purchased our dryer from Harvey Norman last year and must say it was a worthwhile purchase. We love the multiple functions, easy to follow manual and above all its efficient drying. It's 9 kilos capacity is perfect for our household of 5. It's silent and efficient. We never owned a dryer prior to this. Happy that we have it now.

Purchased in May 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$1,820.00.

CDee

CDeeSydney, NSW

How did I go on so long without this machine in my life?

I honestly could not be happier with this purchase and I'm shocked I didn't think to buy one sooner!

I am an avoider of all things laundry, especially in the Winter months when multiple clothes-horse's litter the house.

This machine is quiet, efficient and has a phenomenal 8-star energy rating! I am recommending this model to all of my friends who are in the dyer-market, and even those who are not. I feel everyone should have one of these in their life - now...to pair it up with the washing machine...

Purchased in June 2020 at Appliances Online for A$1,553.00.

Grad

GradMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Every 2 min stops and can not be programmed. Red on Bosh forum that is common problem and can not be fixed .

No matter what program I try ( cotton, towels , ) and select time 30min, 45min... only works for 2 min and stops - so annoying . I have spent 3 days since I got

Purchased at Harvey Norman.

Rebecca

RebeccaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good dryer but take time to dry

Easy to use dryer but don't expect it to dry your cloths super quick. Very efficient and has low running costs but if you put a full load of cloths expect it to take about 1hr to 2hrs to fully dry. Apparently that's how heat pump dryers work.

Purchased in April 2019.

Helen6750Victoria

Perfect if it dried the clothes!

Purchased in March 2020 at The Good Guys.

Kaj

KajGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

My clothes are still damp and shrink

Clothes are still damp when putting on delicate option. Had to increase temperature but if you do your good clothes will shrink....so best just for cottons and home wear clothing. Even baby clothing shrinks!

Purchased in May 2020 at e&s for A$1,400.00.

Bay

Bay

Fantastic machine, drys clothes and linen wonderfully other than king size sheets that tend to ball up, but I’m prepared to overlook this when I can fold the clothes straight from the dryer and put away, makes life with 4 kids far easier!!

Purchased in October 2019 at The Good Guys for A$1,600.00.

Aisi

AisiFlynn 2615, ACT

Excellent except for the buzz

Love this dryer, cheap to run, dries most things effectively, seems quite gentle, and doesn't stream up the laundry. The controls are okay. The only real problem I have is the loud buzzing noise when the heat pump runs... you'd think Bosch could have spared a couple dollars putting some vibration and noise dampening around it, especially since the rest of the noise making parts (fan, drum drive, and condenser water pump) are all reasonably quiet (for a dryer).

Purchased in April 2019 at The Good Guys Online store for A$1,347.30.

bits and pieces

bits and piecesGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent!

Purchased in March 2020 at Harvey Norman.

RechelleB

RechelleBPerth, WA

Brilliant and wish I had purchased one years ago

Changed to a Bosch Heat Pump Dryer after much research and could not be happier. Dries quickly, efficiently and leaves the laundry completely dry. You definitely need to read the manual first otherwise you wont realise how to use it properly as is different the old school conventional dryer. Definitely worth the money.

Purchased in November 2019 at Appliances Online for A$1,300.00.

Bosch H.Bosch Home Appliances

Terrible..does not dry the clothes

I've always bought Bosch..thought this would be a good dryer..WRONG...its awful. Maybe afterhours on end it ends up drying...complete waste of money.
This product is not providing what we bought it for..:(

Purchased in August 2019 for A$600.00.

Hi Arlette,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch Dryer.We'd like to help, if you contact us on 1300 369 744 we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Gary C.

Gary C.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Good Clothes Dryer

Purchased to go with a Bosch 8 Series washing machine. Overall happy with the dryer, takes about 3 hours to dry clothes and catches all the water from them and stores it in a condenser container or it states it can drain straight to waste water outlet. Very happy with the the way it drys clothes but the time is a little excessive. If you plan a head it is not a problem. Having a few issues with getting condensation to drain to waste and fill the container but working with bosch to fix this and they are very help at the moment.

Purchased in April 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$1,600.00.

Erica

EricaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Well worth the extra money

After much research I decided to buy a heat pump dryer to stop all the condensation and mess caused by a regular vented dryer.
Although very pricey which was my only reservation, I am so happy with this dryer!
It is clean and tidy and can be run with all the doors closed and does not pump dirty, moist air onto the wall.
The water collects in a cartridge which I pull the out each load and empty onto my potted plants. You can also easily plumb this in so it drains away immediately and it comes with all the required attachments, however I wanted to collect the water manually.
It's very quiet and the average cycle is 1 hour so very efficient for our family of 4.
I would struggle to go back to a vented dryer after using the heat pump dryer.

Purchased in December 2019 at The Good Guys for A$1,650.00.

Happyclient!!

Happyclient!!Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Brilliant and efficient especially when paired with a top-load high-speed-spin washer

We bought this model after looking into the different heat pump driers. My wife was adamant that speed of drying was important as we have 5 kids as was worried about this new tech. I wanted efficiency. What we found is that provided you have a high speed spin washing machine (we have F&P top loader), the dryer works very well as the load that goes in the drier is not as heavy with water. Highly recommend this model. The more expensive higher efficiency model simply has a smaller heat pump in it, so its slower and dearer. Easy to use, German tech. Older inefficient drier types get hotter and may be better for very wet loads, and they probably accounts for some of the negative feedback I saw about heat pump driers.

Purchased in April 2019 at e&s for A$1,490.00.

Melanie L.asked

Serie 8 WTW87565AU

My dryer has stopped drying. Nightmare. On for over 3 hours and clothes still damp..... it doesn’t seem to be getting warm. Any ideas?

Mike
Mike

I have the same model and problem. Still in warranty therefore exchanging for WTW87564AU.

Did they say how to rectify it. I’ve had mine 4 Years

Hi Melanie L,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch Dryer. We'd like to help, if you contact us on 1300 369 744 we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Liza

Lizaasked

Serie 8 WTW87565AU

Hi, I have a Bosch Washing machine Series 8- WAW 28460AU model number and would like to know if the Bosch heat pumper dryer Series 8 WTW 87566AU will be able to be stacked on top. If so, do I need any stacking shelves, or can I just stack on top?
Many thanks!

Bosch H.Bosch Home Appliances

Hi Liza, Thanks for the question regarding our Bosch Dryer WTW87565AU.
You can absolutely stack this dryer on top of your Bosch Series 8 Washing machine. However we would defiantly recommend that you purchase a stacking shelf if you would like your dryer to sit on top the washer safely, as this will help prevent them from moving or falling. If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Kaz A.asked

Serie 8 WTW87565AU

The water drain nozzle will not turn to the left . It seems jammed . Is there some trick I’m missing - have watched all the videos and the turning of the nozzle looks easy?

Bosch H.Bosch Home Appliances

Hi Kaz A., unfortunately no trick. You are correct it should be fairy easy to turn. You may need to have an authorised service agent come out and take a look. If you would like to speak to someone please call us on 1300 369 744, Kind regards Bosch Home Australia.

Kaz A.

Thanks - had nice had a tech out . Nice big Allen key stuck in the thingy and pump now gone :(

Get an answer from our members and Bosch Home Appliances representatives