MPN: WTW87565AU

Clothes Dryers Buying Guide

A reliable tumble dryer can give you clean, dry clothes - and fast. Whether you decide on a heat pump, condenser or vented dryer, a washer dryer combo, or no dryer at all, this guide can help.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

Robyn W
Robyn WGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

A Lemon - Does not dry clothes

Purchased in October 2018.

Glenda
GlendaCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Very disappointed.

Unable to dry sheets well. Just rolls them into a ball and as a result the outside is okay and the centre wet. Expensive difficult to use and not worth the outlay.Purchased in August and installed in our new property that we did not move into until the end of January.I have only just started to use it.
I feel it is worth contacting Choice and consumer affairs about.

Purchased in August 2020 for $1,699.00.

Ciao Telstra !
Ciao Telstra !PERTH

GARBAGE !!!!

My two year old dryer stopped heating after just two years of use. I will NEVER purchase another Bosch Product for as long as I live. I either want Bosch to repair this for free or replace for new !

Heat Pump Clothes Dryers

Find out how Bosch Serie 8 WTW87565AU compares to other Heat Pump Clothes Dryers

PaulSydney, NSW

Doesn't work effectively, same issue as others have previously posted about deteriorating drying performance

Purchased new in 2017 and used infrequently. During the first 12 months the dryer worked well and I was happy with the features. Unfortunately ever since it has gradually got worse to a current situation where the dryer cycle time is incredibly long and the contents remain very damp, even though I have maintained the dryer in accordance with the instructions. Very frustrated as it was expensive and Bosch's premium dryer, not sure if it is a design fault?

Purchased at Appliances Online.

Paul

Have tried to call several times this week and no answer?

Josh
Josh

WTW87565AU

Purchased in October 2017 at Appliance online for $1,440.00.

BSH Home AppliancesBosch Home Appliances

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Absolute waste of money.. fit for the dump not the laundry! Good if you like 8 hr cycles and damp clothes!

Family of 5 with 3 young boys so we have heaps of washing.. This machine has never dried clotes very well and even when it does the cycles take between 4-8 hrs.. I usually have to add a manual timed program after initial cycle to get them fully dry.. I honestly can't believe they get away with selling machines like this..

To say i'm disappointed is understatement.. we got robbed...

Will be replacing this with a different brand.. I won't be buying Bosch again.

AVOID

Purchased in August 2018 at The Good Guys for $1,640.00.

Sur
SurSydney, NSW

Were to buy LG but bought Bosch and regret now.

Doesnt dry things in a timely manner and have to run multiple cycles . Waste of electricity and time. Extended warranty team came and said no issues though the issue still exists . When paying around 2000$ including extended warranty to buy this , I thought would save electricity , durable and as its BOSCH would be a great product. Now wonder why I bought. This is the first time I am buy an appliance other than LG .

Purchased in April 2017 at Bing Lee Physical store for $1,714.00.

Matt
Matt Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Does not live up to the quality you expect when buying Bosch appliances

My 3 kids swim daily = heaps of towels. The load tonight has been in for 6 hours! Meticulously maintained and cleaned. My 18yearold simpsondryer was far better. Quitedisappointed fora Boschappliance.

Purchased in January 2019 for $1,445.00.

Helen J
Helen JSouth West, WA

Electricity Guzzler that doesn’t dry clothes

I too am bitterly disappointed in this dryer
I only have success with towels (towels only loads) on the towel setting - anything else can run for example on the cotton cycle for over 3 hours and still be damp. I have tried many different cycles or timed periods with very little success. It does not appear to get “hot” enough to dry the clothes. Honestly would never recommend this product - feel duped - Has been a very expensive lemon

N Jones
N JonesSydney, NSW

Clothes are constantly damp

You put the clothes on a timer, and min dryer stops well before the set timer. I’ve tried every setting, but it leaves my clothes damp and wet. Worst purchase

Purchased in June 2020 at Harvey Norman for $1,500.00.

Rebecca K.
Rebecca K.

Issues

After looking for a solution as to why the alarm keeps going off on my Bosch dryer when the container has just been emptied I have noted that loads of others are having the same issue with this dryer not drying clothes properly - they dont dry and then smell!

Purchased in January 2018 at Appliances Online for $1,533.00.

Chris' mum
Chris' mumCanberra 2600, ACT

USELESS - headed for the tip!

USELESS! Doesn't dry clothes, regardless of the setting. I clean the lint filter after each load and empty the water tray but to no avail. I feel so cheated. My old Kleenmaid (too big for the cupboard that passes as a laundry in our new house) was a workhorse - dried huge loads quickly. This Bosch dryer is a waste of space. In all conscience I couldn't pass it on to anyone else ... it's going to the tip!

Purchased in August 2019 at Appliances Online for $1,375.00.

David S.
David S.

Disappointing in every respect

Purchased in March 2017 at e&s for $1,700.00.

toni47
toni47South East Queensland, QLD

A dryer that doesn't dry

Jay H.
Jay H.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Not impressed - Too many fancy programs but all I want is dry clothes!

Our machine is now 30 months old and we are now experiencing constant issues trying to dry clothes.
Every load will not completely dry and the problem has deteriorated in recent days where the washing is still wet and starting the cycle or program again results in the the machine stopping without drying or with beeping warning sound. The light showing a water droplet into a bucket flashes as the machine beeps. Upon inspection, the condenser tray and filter are empty. I've also tried cleaning the moisture sensor and this doesn't resolve the issue. Help!

Purchased in January 2018 at Appliances Online for $1,521.00.

Hi Jay H,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your dryer.
We'd like to help, if you contact us on 1300 369 744 we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

See all Bosch Serie 8 Heat Pump Tumble Dryers reviews

Mrs Jones
Mrs Jonesasked
Serie 8 WTW87565AU

The door latch on my machine has snapped off it is 4yrs old and still under extended warranty but both Bosh and extended warranty refusing to fix as the broken latch has caused physical damage to the front of the door (directly in front of the latch). I heard this is a problem with this machine when I brought it and thought it would be fixed as a manufacturing fault if it were to occur. Has anyone else had this problem?

Hannan B.asked
Serie 8 WTW87565AU

Hi i have a bosche professional heat pump tumble dryer connected to the drain. We just noticed that the condenser water container if full of water but there is no sign that we need to empty the water out if this normal? Or should that container be completely empty? We have noticed that the laundry room does fill with condensation which we thought the dryer shouldnt do? Thanks

not happy Jan
not happy Jan

Sorry, can't help you..as I'm a victim who's been ripped off with this same machine. I don't know why this has come through my email. This dryer would have to be the worst machine ever made. Good luck with bosch technical help too.
As they have no care about your issues. They will take your money, then after that your on your own. Worst bunch of people I've ever dealt with—bloody thieves.

stl
stl

I have a WTW87566 model - very similar. We connected it to the drain but first time I used it, it did not drain - all the water stayed in the water container. So I emptied the water container. Next time I used it - same thing. I did some research and found this is normal and I should not empty the water container if the drain hose is properly connected (make sure water container is modified - filter moved and black plug removed as per instructions. ) - even if there is alot of water in the water container. So I didn't empty it and since then it has started draining the water and the water container now stays empty. Maybe it's some kind of siphon effect that needs the system to be full of water to begin draining properly. I get a little humidity in the room but not a lot of condensation. This may depend on how humid it is where you live?

Hannan B.

Thanks you!! I found the issue i didnt remove the black plug for the water to go through. All good now thanks!!

Umar Bin I.
Umar Bin I.asked
Serie 8 WTW87565AU

Hi, i have a Bosch Series 8 dryer that normally empties the condensation bucket itself via the drain hose. Just recently it has been stopping after every 5 mins cycle asking me to empty the condensation bucket. Even if the bucket is empty and hose is connected to drain (as always) it’s still stopping after 5 mins.

Melgigz
Melgigz

I had my 3.5 year old ( bought new since Nov 2017) bosch heat pump dryer home professional version which is really a series 8 with added accesories, do this. The pump and its built in sensor ,which is just one part was replaced. The tech said cleaning the pump of lint will not fix it entirely and will reoccur , so he replaced the part. The part and repair comes with one year guarantee. Cost 30 mins of labor, aud$65 part and callout for home service fee here was $99. Total bill was $230, cheaper than buying a new one.

Hi Umar Bin I,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Dryer.
We'd like to help, if you contact us on 1300 369 744. Be sure to provide your model number & we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

dion m.
dion m.

This is happening to me as well Umar. Its frustrating beyond relief. Has been functioning just fine for the past year, but now it stops every 5 mins into a cycle asking for emptying of the condensation bucket. Did you end up fixing it?

See all Bosch Serie 8 WTW87565AU questions