Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (13) · No (10)
  • Clogging Issues Yes (5) · No (18)
Divya R.
Divya R.South East Queensland, QLD

Really bad vaccuum

I brought this as I love bosch produxts5, but disheartened with this one. I went to the store to return it they wouldn't as they said 10% cash hold back they even tested it to make sure it is good. This doesn't pick up animal hair at all. Batery doesn't last for 60 min , it would be less than 20 min for me. I paid $450 thinking this is better than dyson but disappointed. Now it stopped picking up the rubbish from the floor but the reverses the rubbish from it bag and leaves it the on the floor

Purchased in January 2018 at Harvey Norman for $800.00.

jameshayden2001
jameshayden2001Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Super quiet, quality build, great suction... I bought this 2nd hand and missing the main hoovering attachment... So I bought a universal carpet attachment and haven't looked back! I've heard all the horror stories about this same model turning on the "Self cleaning mode" almost every 5 mins etc but I've had zero problems.. Maybe its all about the universal carpet attachment I bought as this one's got greater airflow than the stock Bosch one? Greater airflow = less "Self cleaning" sensitivity to blockage /Air restriction issues which activates the cleaning mode? Regardless its been a perfect vacuum cleaner..

Purchased in June 2019.

A Disappointing Purchase

Melanie
MelanieHobart, TAS

Don’t waste your money

Purchased in March 2015 at Harvey Norman for $800.00.

BSH Home AppliancesBosch Home Appliances

Worst vacuum cleaner I’ve ever owned-can’t rate it

Purchased in November 2016 for $800.00.

BSH Home AppliancesBosch Home Appliances

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
swiggins
swigginsHobart, TAS

The worst vacuum cleaner ever

We have had this vacuum around 3 years. It was advertised as all filters being washable. But that is not true. The one filter that constantly needs cleaning is not washable. This is why the machine constantly stops to self-clean and then loses suction. Bosch replaced the filter once, as they know there is an issue, but it has happened again only about a year after that. We have given up and bought a Miele. Expensive mistake as the Bosch cost over $700.

Purchased in April 2017 at Harvey Norman for $699.00.

Total Rip Off!!!

Went well for 2 years then red sensor light started coming on & stopping vacuum every 30 secs. Happens constantly now. Tried cleaning all filters & rotating head every time but still keeps shutting off. Chord retracts during use & won’t fully return leaving a metre outside. Hard to manoeuvre as keeps flipping on its back upon turning. It’s heavy to push back onto its right side. Most expensive & WORST machine I have ever bought at $600. I will NEVER buy Bosch again & be letting everyone not to go near them like the plague!!!

Purchased in January 2017 at Harvey Norman for $600.00.

CeISouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Great at first

Purchased in August 2014 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for $900.00.

CeI

I sent an email to the above address, as suggested, but have heard nothing since. Great work Bosch!

Red light no suction

I didnt realise this was so common. Wish I had before we purchased a Bosch.
We weren't happy with the level of suction at first but thought that we had spent the money and if we looked after it it'll last us forever.
Within weeks of passing warranty we started seeing the red light.
Wasn't much better than a broom to start, now it's more of a scraper.
If this is so common surely there's a common solution, or should I be looking for a new vacuum?

Purchased at Joyce Mayne Physical store for $600.00.

IanSydney, NSW

Worst vacuum cleaner ever rang Bosch they are not interested will never buy Bosch in anything

Worst vacuum cleaner ever stops going into sensor mode filters are clean dont buy Bosch they are not helpful
Just want to sell you a filter which could buy another cleaner for

Purchased in January 2017 at Harvey Norman for $500.00.

Hi Ian,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your vaccum. If we can be of any help to you feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.
Regards,
Bosch Home Australia

Jan
JanSydney

Terrible product

I am very disappointed with this product. Not long after the warranty ran out the machine started stopping and the sensor light would come on. I would clean it but it would still happen. I took it to a service department, had it repaired which cost almost $300. Just over 12 months later it is having the same problem.
It is not worth the cost to have repaired again so will just get rid of it.

Timmarshall
TimmarshallSydney, NSW

My first ever Bosch product - and last.

Bought the Bosch Athlet Zoo'o Pro Animal vacuum cleaner about a year ago. Worst electrical product I've ever bought. Battery lasted barely 9 months and the thing couldn't even suck up typical household crumbs due to a clear design flaw with the head, where you give it a tap after switching off and all the crap collected in the head falls on the floor. Terrible product. Bosch should stick to whatever it is they do best. Not sure what that is, but it's not vacuum cleaners.

Purchased in July 2018 at Harvey Norman for $499.00.

Hi Timmarshal,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your vacuum.
We'd like to help, if you contact us on 1300 369 744 well investigate for you. Regards,
Bosch Home Australia

Tracey T.
Tracey T.South East Queensland, QLD

What a big disappointment and waste of money

Ive had the same problem with my vacuum cleaner - I rang Bosch - after cleaning all the filters - completely wiping it out thoroughly- only to be told (we arent aware of the problem) heres a service place to take it too - when spending the amount of money I did on it - I would expect it to last more than 12 months- and the service I received when enquiring about it was terrible- Im really disappointed and upset

Suzi
SuziGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

So dissapointed

When i purchased this product was happy with the power and suction but soon the problems begun, the same issues as everyone else seems to be having. Cuts out all the time and cant even get through the whole house withput it stopping completely. Its been serviced, has new filters and filter in the barrel gets washed now after each use which still hasn't solved the issue. Wrote to Bosch...no response. Called Bosch...customer service agent was not helpful at all. Seems i am another customer who has had the same experience. Not a positive one which is very dissapointing. Its not an old machine and most vaccuum brands last for years.
Now I am wondering how Bosch will help?
Not a cheap machine.

Purchased for $800.00.

Loz
LozMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Not impressed

Not great for the price I paid for it. It's okish when it works. But it works rarely. We are currently undergoing a full house renovation and the vaccum can't handle it. It can't handle the dust, it always stops to self clean or sensor control or whatever it is. To stop it from frequently stopping we always have to empty it out, even then that doesn't help. The vaccum will randomly just stop sucking up dust and you need to shake it to get it to work again. Also the cord is useless. It won't wind itself up, only winds back up if I force it.
Not happy at all with this vaccum. It's rather useless.

Purchased in February 2018.

Robyn
Robynasked
Relaxx'x and Zoo'o

We have the Bosch Zoo’o and the sensor keeps activating every 30 to 60 seconds. Making it impossible to use. We have cleaned the filter as best we can even with an air hose. What else should we do?

CharlieL
CharlieLasked

Hello,
Our Bosch Relaxx'x Zoo'o ProAnimal Vacuum Cleaner runs for about 30sec - 1min and then does a sensor clean runs for a bit then repeats the sensor clean, is this normal as it is very frustrating?

BSH Home AppliancesBosch Home Appliances

Hi CharlieL, We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch Vacuum,and can appreciate your frustration.
We'd like to help, if you can email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH12874 in the subject line we’ll investigate for you. If we can be of any help to you feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.
Regards, Bosch Home Australia

David Francis
David Francisasked
Relaxx'x and Zoo'o

Thank you to Rinus, first bit of detailed advice on the great sensor debarkle. I have been dealing with this problem for a couple of years to date and I must say BOSCH Service have been very timely and responsive, yet unfortunately not provided the additional details on cleaning. I disassembled all parts mentioned, washed, pressure dried and sprayed with Silicone lubricant with some success. The machine has now gone from 30 seconds of operation, self clean, 30 seconds of operation, then goes into slow mode to about 2 minutes of operation, followed by cleaning mode, then repeats twice before going slow. So from about 1 minute of operation, to about 6. Yet the same issue persists.

To me it seems that there is an over sensitivity in the sendor control, as it has never been the case the filters have been compromised to any degree.

I will persist as its a fabulous machine in its brief moments of operation.

Hi David Francis,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch Vacuum. We'd like to help, if you email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH12102 in the subject line with your contact number. We’ll investigate for you.
Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

See all Bosch Relaxx'x and Zoo'o questions

Get an answer from our members and Bosch Home Appliances representatives

Bosch Relaxx'x and Zoo'o

Compare all 7 Bosch Relaxx'x and Zoo'o
CategoryBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum Cleaners
Price (RRP) $599.00$799.00
Bin Capacity3 L3 L3 L3 L
HEPA FilterYesYesYesYes
Weight8.6 kg8.6 kg8.6 kg8.6 kg
TypeBaglessBaglessBaglessBagless
Power1,400 W1,400 W1,400 W1,400 W
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateFeb 2013Feb 2013
Discontinuation dateJan 2019
Replaced byBosch Home Appliances BGS5ZOOOAU (Relaxx‘x Zoo‘o ProAnimal, Tornado Red)
Compare all 7 Bosch Relaxx'x and Zoo'o