Breville Smart Grinder BCG800

Listing monitored by Breville

nicknamenick
nicknamenick

Very impressed by breville

Running a breville coffee machine and a sunbeam grinder was having poor result until I upgraded to the breville smart grinder. I'm constantly impressed by the thought put into brevilles coffee machine product line up, can tell a lot of effort and testing has been put into their products and you can taste the difference and appreciate the practical features

Purchased in March 2020 at Bing Lee for $157.00.

timcsky
timcskySouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Excellent all rounder

Drinking a variety of coffee's, this unit enables the optimal grind of bean for the type of coffee to be brewed. I was quiet surprised by how goat is compared to its competitors. Grinding head is a very good quality component and it shows in the quality of the grind. Highly recommended.

Purchased in March 2017 at Harvey Norman for $299.00.

Graham
GrahamSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best grinder ever and makes a difference

Used others but after using this i wont go back ...it makes a difference at first it took a few goes but once I got the grind right what a winner .it's true get the grind right the machine will do the rest ..had a built in grinder with the old Breville but this way is better and gets results every coffee I make is perfect and I am at least 4 t 5 coffee a day ..

Purchased in January 2019 at Harvey Norman for $299.00.

Coffee Grinders / Roasters

Find out how Breville Smart Grinder BCG800 compares to other Coffee Grinders / Roasters

Breville .... what’s your response?

Debbie
DebbiePerth, WA

Great grind every time = great coffee!

Fantastic grinder, easy to use and adjust to achieve perfect grind for a perfect coffee. Very happy with this purchase. Actually bought grinder bcg820 (updated model) separate to the coffee machine but this updated item isn’t an option to review without the coffee machine, but it’s so good I’m sure this previous model must be too!

July 5th 2019 Update: Great consistent easy to use grinder

Great grinder, consistent grind every time, easy to adjust the grind and operation is quick and simple. I’ve been using it daily for over 6 months without a hiccup. Perfect companion to my Breville dual boiler coffee machine.

Purchased in February 2019 at Bing Lee Online store.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Best coffee machines in 2020!

The awards for best coffee machines (manual/semi-automatic, capsule/coffee pod and fully automatic) of 2020 are here! View in-depth ratings for different aspects of the coffee machine, such as Milk Frothing and Cleaning & Maintenance.

Wendy Z.5 Nov 2019
best-coffee-machines-in-2020
Naidon
NaidonSouth East Queensland, QLD

can't be serviced

Date PurchasedJune 2015
Tom E
Tom ELara

More than enough for the amature barista

After hours of research for the right grinder to start my journey to become a coffee snob I settled with the Breville Smart Grinder. Managed to get it whilst on sale at Myer and simply cant fault it. With the multiple size cradles it will still be perfect when I finally upgrade our coffee machine.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Lorenzo
Lorenzo

Great grinder

My fancy Italian grinder was in need of new burrs but they were out of stock, so I picked up the Breville grinder from the Breville Seconds shop. paid $110. It's great. Much better than my last grinder. It's consistent and easily adjusted. I've been using it for 2 months and very VERY happy with it. Smart design and great functionality.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
ColSouth East Queensland, QLD

Suits our needs - very happy.

I bought this for my husband as a xmas present, to replace an older smaller unit. So far we have been very happy. It suits our needs well. We only make a few cups a day though. Being able to grind directly into the group head is convenient. The holding size is perfect for us. This is a well priced, practical appliance. We like our coffee, though are not 'over-the-top' coffee snobs.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Maddy Hazel
Maddy HazelAdelaide

The best from the best

This is truly the ultimate and best grinder you could ever imagine.
I was previously considering to buy a cheaper grinder around $20, but after having a thorough review on the web, it is best to invest your money in something that last.
This grinder had last for 1 year and still going strong.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
KL.
KL.South Australia

My pick for a coffee grinder

Received this grinder today and definitely happy! We had a previois grinder that was unable to grind the beans as fine as needed but this machine does it perfectly! User friends, quick and easy instructions with a gelp guide too! Slim and sleek look. Perfect for all types of machines!

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Worn out and heading for landfill..

Date PurchasedMar 2011
corkers898
corkers898Victoria, Australia

A grinder that is actually smart

Grinders are generally relatively simple. However this is a truly different one. The display allows you to set the exact amount to be ground each time. Simply push the handle in, and it starts. A push again will pause the grinding so you can do a mid grind tamp. One final push and the grinder starts off where it was. Definitely recommend!!!

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Brett
BrettMelbourne

Superb grinder to have

I have been using this grinder since last about 6 years and never had an issue. The Breville proved itself as being very consistent in grinding coffee for espresso and sporting superb ergonomics. This amazing grinder can be a bit finicky, but it can deliver remarkable coffees. Very much worth any minor hassles.

Date PurchasedAug 2011

Waste of money.

We have the same problem. We bought some pre ground coffee just to compare and it confirmed the breville doesn't grind fine enough even on the finest setting. At first it ground okay on the recommended setting but quickly deteriorated as we had to keep reducing the setting down to the finest. We had aSunbeam before getting the Breville around Christmas. It lasted about 2 years before it wore out and we couldn't get a fine enough grind even after re calibrating. We are now looking at a more expensive prosumer grinder.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Read more reviews - page 2

Christine
Christineasked

Is there anyone out there that would swap their Breville Smart Grinder for a Baratza Encore? I am making a decision on a new grinder moving away from Sunbeam products of the past. I would like something that might last more than 2 years and I don't need bells and whistles, just a good grind.

Meredith
Meredithasked

I bought the smart grinder to grind for my French press; grinding into the plastic container provided causes a huge mess due to static - is there a basilica glass replacement I can buy?

Simon
Simonasked

I bought the Breville Smart Grinder pro a week ago and the grinding is great, however there is a constant electronic high pitched squealing noise when the machine is on...not just while grinding. It puts my teeth on edge. Anyone else experience this? Should I return it?

Col

Wow, definitely no noise when active and not grinding.

Johnno
Johnno

Due to this, I just had mine replaced having spoken to Breville. The replacement is pretty much the same except the noise is a little fainter.

See all Breville Smart Grinder BCG800 questions

Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives

CategoryCoffee Grinders / Roasters