Breville Compact Café BES250

• Daily (4)
  • Milk Frothing

Gwen Little

Gwen LittleSouth East Queensland, QLD

If I could rate it a "0", I would. Complete piece of junk.

Spits coffee and hot water out of the group head. Tried what everyone else has done but still a horrible experience. Also, it's not worth the trouble making coffee as it's the messiest machine I've ever owned. I absolutely hate this machine.

Purchased at Big W for $199.00.

Peter H.

Peter H.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

Good coffee machine at good price from Big W

Purchased in August 2019 at Big W for $199.00.

WendelCentral Queensland, QLD

Awesome little machine

Excellent machine for a great cup of coffee. Consistent quality of coffee. Easy to use. Heats up quickly and great frother. Made of solid stainless steel. Fits perfectly on bench for smaller sized kitchen.

Purchased in July 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $199.00.

Robbie

RobbieNsw

Works great and coffe is nice

Purchased 2 years ago and still working great. Awesome value for money the only thing i don’t like is it is a bit loud when making coffee. For me this is nice and compact and the coffee tastes great.would recommend to the coffee conisour that’s on a tight budget! 10/10 thanks

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Anna

AnnaSydney

Stylish and compact on the bench and good quality coffee

This is a very nice coffee machine to use at home, it sits nice and compact on the kitchen bench top and makes good quality coffee every time. The coffee has good crema nd is just he right temperature, not too hot or too cold. The machine is also very easy to keep clean and it is nice to use in general, I would recommend it!

Date PurchasedJun 2018

carol

carolCENTRAL COAST NSW

Makes really good coffee for a small machine

Easy too use and makes good coffee for a small machine - good price too - bought on line with my flybuy points after recommendation from a friend - she had bought one only a few months before and was very happy with the machine. We use stronger coffee to get a more robust flavour.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

hahudson

hahudson

Very good Basic

This is a very good basic coffee maker. Get a single walled basket for the porafilter so you can make better coffee. This machine is as good as some of Brevilles more expensive machines. As long as the one you get has the Italian pump.
I purchased mine a while ago not sure if they still use an Italian pump

Date PurchasedOct 2013

Jay en Jay

Jay en Jay

So far so good

I bought this one for my husband when it is on sale (after my brother gave a good review about the higher end one). It can make strong coffee (that I really like), however it is quite noisy. Anyway, we enjoy our coffee every morning. It is just good enough for its value. Recommend!

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Shannon McLean

Shannon McLeanMelbourne

I hate it

I work in cafes and bought this for my mums when I'm at home, it's disgusting. It doesn't brew the coffee properly! It's LITERALLY like a cup of water. So I've tried everything but there is no cure

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Sparkx

Sparkxmelbourne

Use every day - often many times!

This is a real "friend of the family" and get used all day by various people. It's very simple to operate and makes delicious coffee. I prefer its minimalist design and I like the silver finish. If I get the pressure just right and have decent coffee available, I can rival the local cafe with this! Good coffee machine and definitely recommended

Date PurchasedMar 2017

RetrosDA

RetrosDAMentone

Makes great coffees

This is probably my favorite machine in the house! It was a winner from day one and REALLY makes great coffees, looks good too all in silver. I like how the interface is very minimalist - not too many options to complicate matters. It does one thing basically (extract coffee shots) but it does it extremely well. I alway get a nice crema on top. Very worthy machine.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Ricky

RickyEdwards Town

Yummy coffee

This is the best gift for any coffee lover! As it was for me and has been for me for the past year and a bit since owning it I have cut down the amount of coffee I take out. It was on the pricey side but it makes close to cafe style coffee

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Scott

ScottMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Good coffee machine if you are on a budget

This is a good value coffee machine, it's not fancy however for the price it's great.
It has a large water tank, a handy cleaning tool that clips into the machine for storage and you can use a coffee mug if you want. This is my third coffee machine and I'm happy with this.
The big thing to remember is that you get what you pay for and while this isn't a Rolls Royce machine, it is great value for the price.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Water leakage from poor design. .

Out makes reasonable coffee and it's easy to use. But the water problems are terminal. This was not a fault with the machine just terrible design which warrants a recall in my opinion. After using each time it discharges quite a quantity of hot water into the drop tray. It discharges with such force that the water jumps the rim and goes both under the drop tray and onto your benchtop, our backwards into the machine and underneath the electrics. Very poor.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
GRANT

GRANT

Love it and the coffee

Purchased mine from Costco and used it heavily over the last few months- perfect coffee. So far a great purchase and seems like a quality machine. Would buy again for sure. Worked out it will pay for itself in one year now I don't buy coffee from baristas. Even take it in the car when going on holidays.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Attila

AttilaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Best coffee at home

Coming from the capsules it is a big change
Use to be we were just drinking the coffe and now we are enjoying it
It takes a little practice but well worth it to try
It makes a fantastic tasting very mouthwatering coffee.
We love it at home with our new coffee machine

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Lorryman

LorrymanMelbourne

Good medium sized machine

We are coffee lovers and we got this partially on reviews we read here. We wanted a smallish machine that still delivered good results (not pods) and we feel this is a good match. I can get a decent extraction and am happy with the results. Controls are very simple so there not much to go wring and it looks nice too!

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Airship11

Airship11melbourne

Daily Dose Of Cafeinne

I fall out of bed and have my coffee half made before I am even really awake. I use this machine every single morning and I find it simple, efficient and very reliable. I like its clean ergonomic design and simple controls. It put out decent pressure which mean good coffee. I am happy with this choice.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Marksman

Marksmanmelbourne

Looks Good Coffee Decent

This is a nice looking machine that looks great in our kitchen with its silver finish. I would rate its coffee making abilities as high average. It does a decent extraction but I am always left feeling a little more pressure would get more from the beans. Its OK for pre ground supermarket coffee but probably not up to your local cafe standard. Its good for the price

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Amanda

Amanda

Perfect little sized coffee machine

So nice to have a coffee machine at home that doesn't cost a lot and makes great coffee. A friend also has one and recommended it to me and I would now so the same. Cost me less than $200 which left change in my pocket for a nice grinder!

Date PurchasedMay 2018