Breville Smart Oven BOV800

Breville Smart Oven BOV800

BOV800 and BOV800XL

DJB

DJBGatlinburg

Breville Wins Our Hearts! Great Service!!

The temperature and timing mechanism malfunctioned after only two years. I love this appliance, and inquired to the company as to my options. I tried rebooting to no avail. They told me warranty was (of course) expired, but if I paid to send it back, they'd take a look. A short ten days later, THE SENT ME A REPLACEMENT OVEN. I think that is the epitome of above and beyond, and they've made us Breville buyers for life. And - this oven is GREAT. It gets hot, so purchase the cutting board that sits on top of it. The convection works great. I bake in it and roast in it. I rarely turn my "real" oven on, and now I get to start over with a whole new bench top! Thanks, Breville!

Date PurchasedOct 2015

E Wong

E WongPerth

Love this Smart Oven

This is the most used appliance in my house even after 3 years! Its so handy and easy to use for a quick meal heat up. The heat distribution is perfect and food comes out crispy just the way you like it. The convection fan does get a bit noisy after a few months but I do live with it as the food still comes out delicious!

Date PurchasedApr 2014

Jacquene CAU

Best ever!

I have had a number of small ovens. I realise this is discontinued but it is a brilliant product. It is extremely Extremely easy to use, hard wearing, easy to clean, and despite being compact, the amount of room inside is surprising! Cooks evenly.
I hope the replacement is as good as this one.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Dr.

Dr.Queensland, 4215

Compact oven punching above it's weight

I have had 2 of these models over 11 years of use. Great compact oven that exceeds expectations. Has plenty of presets and cooking options.Has taken over the main ovenduties from roast, pizza, baking and your humble toast. No need for a toaster freeing up bench space. Well built unit with smooth rotary knobs and easy to read LCD screen.

Date PurchasedApr 2015

Joe

JoeQLD, 4019

Breville error code fault E05

Date PurchasedJun 2015

Toodirect

ToodirectMelbourne, Victoria

Best small oven

I realise this model is discontinued but I've had this for 21/2 years now and it's good as new. Save space + less energy used. Ideal for couple or single person. Grill, toast, bake a small roast dinner, bake some biscuits - all perfect. Very easy to clean & spare parts - baking tray, pizza pan can be bought fr manufacturer. Sold on this little oven.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015

Great power saver but what a pain to clean.

I'm on my second of these great little ovens. Does just about everything I want, including a roast chook or small leg of lamb, together with roast veggies. Roasts potatoes brilliantly.
Saves a fortune on power as it heats up quickly.
You may have to invest in some small roasting trays or similar as normal sizes won't fit, but it's worth it.
One problem though. It's hard to clean unless you've got tiny hands. Not much room to reach inside and clean it properly.
Never spray it with oven cleaner. It eats away at the interior surface very quickly.
It does have a slide out drip tray, so that's a help.

Date PurchasedJan 2010

StreetBob

StreetBobAU

Great little cooker

I purchased this oven 8yrs ago and have never had a problem with it. It is used everyday of the week for roasting, baking, grilling etc. I don't use my main oven as it takes way to long to heat, the Breville oven heats up in no time. Also its great when I'm having a large family function as I use both ovens don't have to shuffle food around to cook and keep hot...................

I put mine out on the verge as it was looking a bit worse for wear...it was gone in an hour...big mistake, we loved this oven and missed it within a couple of days...Oh well gonna have to get the Pro model now.
Great little cooker the digital readout takes all the guesswork away. Keep up the good work Breville.

Date PurchasedFeb 2010

Probably the best kitchen appliance I own.

I have had this bench top oven now for around 3 years, and have never had it fail. I even melted a plastic plate in the oven, and it cleaned up well, and once I burned the tiny amount remaining plastic out of it, the smell went away, and the remaining mess, was easy to clean out.
The oven has worked for everything it says in the manual/recipe book, and as I said in the title, it is the best and most used kitchen appliance I own.
It is a shame that Breville no longer produce this model, as it really was a success.

Date PurchasedSep 2012
BrevilleBreville

Hi Peter - thanks for your comments. This model has been upgraded and is now available as the Smart Oven Pro http://www.breville.com.au/he-smart-oventm-pro-stainless.html
Thanks, the Breville team

Hi Penelope1 -thanks for your comments. The Breville team

Tam

TamCairns, Queensland

Fantastic

This is an awesome oven. I've used it for over 3 years with excellent results. It has many options for cooking such as baking, grill, toast, pizza, reheat, keep warm. I've used them all with great results. I use it almost every day. It cooks food very well and usually faster than what's suggested in recipes. The convection option is very efficient. I highly recommend this fantastic oven.

Date PurchasedAug 2013

Hi Tam - thanks for your comments. The Breville team

HelenD

HelenDBundanoon

Easy, simple. Using it daily, does nearly everything

We have had a Breville Smart Oven for at least 4 years. It has been used every day, including 18 months at the beginning, of daily, heavy use in our cafe. Now at home, we never turn on the big oven - it's being for storage. The Smart Oven heats up quickly, and the multifunctions mean it cooks everything from delicate cakes to grilling the bacon. I will buy another one if it ever wears out. Love the timer function - so easy to use, I can put something in to roast and go have a bath, without worrying.

Date PurchasedApr 2012

pauly

pauly

Glad I read these reviews

Thanks to Dan and all the others. I was going to buy the Breville BOV800 but not after quite a few people with problems and error codes. I've been thinking that this would be a great idea. Warming pies, chips etc. instead of heating up a conventional oven. Back to the drawing board. I have had cheaper toaster ovens and am thinking I must just buy a cheap one and if it dies, in the bin it goes. Breville you've shot yourself in the foot but not addressing this issue quickly. To everyone thanks, you've saved me some money.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Phoenix

PhoenixSydney

After service were so bad!!!

Very disappointed with the breville warranty service, bought this oven almost 2 years, find out the preheat button was not working sometimes, then called before bring the oven to Bing lee, a Bing lee staff said the button was fine, but when I bring it back to home is not working again! Call the customer service again, they said I need to bring to the repair store which only open at Monday to Friday 9am-5pm, that means I need to ask half day off twice to bring the oven to fix and pick up, that's really inconvenient!!! I also own Cuisinart steam oven at "Myer", which let me just let me exchange the new one without any questions!

JasonI

JasonISydney, NSW

Fantastic Oven

Hi Jasonl - very useful comments - thanks, the Breville team

Con

Con

Too hot on the out side of the oven

It gets just as hot on the out side as it does on the inside...unsafe for a bench top alliance.
I return it straight away..

Dann

Doesn't last long; I don't recommend this one

My oven was great while it lasted: 2 years 8 months. Then it starts throwing an E05 error. The Breville support site mentions this error, but doesn't describe what it is, only to contact them about it.

Not impressed. This oven is now clearly on the way out after very little time. It cost ~$300. In my opinion we should get at least 5-6 years out of that sort of money.

I see a lot of complaints from other consumers about this error. It basically means means either pay a couple of hundred and wait weeks for repairs, or buy another one.

I'll never buy Breville again!

Dann

Update: It died a few weeks after writing this. Selling the back piece and the pizza tray as spare parts now :\

JeannetteDandenong

Breville benchtop oven Model: BOV800

bought this little oven a few weeks ago and I love it! It works perfectly, good fan, two racks and trays. Can cook two meals at once, and so fast and perfect! Have been baking french croissants, brioches etc.. And they come out perfect. Also the rotisserie is great! Cannot fault it. Must always remember to use the lowest rack setting for baking cakes that take more than half hour to cook, otherwise the cake could burn on top if too close to top heating elements, but that is common sense, and I have had no problem with this great little oven, good value for money !

Jeannette

Oops! The title is wrong. I purchased the bov550, not the bov800. Take note. Jeannette

Rae

RaeNew Zealand

Best little oven ever

This is an amazing oven. Have had it for 3 years and would replace if it stopped working. It heats up quickly, cooks evenly and is easy to clean. I use it every day, for scones,chops,roast,biscuits etc.hardly ever turn the large oven on. The pull out tray at the base make a real easy clean up.

Ollygt