2Breville Juice Fountain Max (BJE410)

Breville Juice Fountain Max (BJE410)

VerifiedMPNs:1260, 309424 and BJE410CRO
2Breville Juice Fountain Max (BJE410)
4.2

84% · 478 · 14%

4.3
3.0
3.0

Jos
JosSydney, NSW2 posts
  Top Review Max

This juicer can join the other ones on the footpath

This juicer produces very juicy pulp, which means I have about a quarter less juice in the jug compared to my previous juicer. At times the last part of the veggies get stuck between the chute and the filter basket, the juicer starts to dance over the kitchen bench because the motor goes wild and smelly, which leaves an unpleasant aftertaste in your mouth. Also, whole chunks end up in the pulp container, no juice extracted. Parts of the pulp escape upwards through the food pusher, and juice seeps through the sides of the pulp container, both resulting in frequent extra wiping of kitchen cupboards and bench.
I regularly noticed this juicer sitting in the street and wondered why, I now have understood the reason and I am ready to do the same. Luckily I did not pay the $ 250 sale price at David Jones, but a lot less at Breville warehouse. I have never been more dissatisfied with any electrical equipment and question the professionalism of the technicians/designers/businessmen who put this product on the market. I recommend it to be removed from sales as it is not doing what it is meant to do, extract the liquid from fruit and vegetables and provide a healthy drink.

Purchased in .

Review your last purchase on ProductReview.com.au
BenSouth East Queensland, QLD16 posts
  Top Review Max

Excellent juicer, solid performer

I bought one from the Good Guys for $167.

Easy to assemble, dead simple controls of high, low or off. The switch is an old school toggle type, a satisfying clunk when switching on or off. Consider it will last a very long time.

Low speed is meeting soft fruit juicing needs, harder stuff like carrots and apples juice easily. High speed really gets things going, I have a feeling you get the most juice from high speed although I have little to back this up.

Once high speed winds up, the noise can be a bit high especially if you're an early riser as the house will know what you're doing. Its not jet engine levels but that juicing basket really does move and generate a bit of noise. Personally I dont have a problem with it. All part of the theatre.

In that case, low speed works fine for the likely breakfast juice types.

Although a general juicing caveat and not directly this units tendency, be prepared for using volume to get decent juice amounts. Nine or ten big oranges for a full mug, several carrots, several apples and a palm sized chunk of ginger to generate enough juice for one big serve or two moderate. If you intend to juice regularly, stock up.

The feed chute does a great job of containing product dropped into it, as they bounce and splash on the spinning juicer baskets shredder teeth. Keep the feed plunger near and you wont have a clean up issue, some product does splash.

Doesnt seem to do loose or leafy product well unless you juice it with other product. Having said that, the amount of juice from leaf material is obviously going to be less, again the volume idea.

Rubber sucker feet on the engine casing make it a certain fit on the bench top. Will not move. There is a metal U-shaped loop connected to the base that swings over and clips over the juicing housing, holding it secure. There is a safety switch built in, cant turn the unit on unless that loop is in place.

Cleaning is as simple as rinsing, a brush is provided to scrub the basket and is a perfect cleaning tool. Re-assembly is simple as the parts fit together like Lego, there are no threads to screw onto or pins to replace, it just all fits together.

Excellent product, very happy with the purchase.

• Date Purchased:
Review your last purchase on ProductReview.com.au
Harry K.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA4 posts
  Max

A faulty and expensive product

A friend gave me this juicer a week ago. He had it at home and never used it. The first time I used it juicing carrots and beetroot and it was okay. Today I juiced carrots and by the sixth kilo it started sticking, let off a burning smell and seized up. I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone. If you bought cheap then you could justify the weakness however my friend paid full price for junk. Show details
Piyush

KMBGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC5 posts
Usability tester
Usability testerSouth-Eastern Region, NSW54 posts

Love this juicer

This juicer is quick and efficient. The juice is clear and there is no pulp. I place a biodegradable bag in the pulp container and put it in the compost bin. No mess and minimal washing. Usually a quick rinse does it. I am very happy with this product and highly recommend it. Show details
MFGScott
MFGScottAU5 posts

Sturdy machine!

This juicer performed wonderfully for me. It is sturdy and hasn't malfunctioned in the six months that I have it. I used it on a daily bases for two months no problems. Like any machine, you need to use it properly and no put very tough cores or stems on it. Read up on how to juice properly or get tips from YouTube to get the most of your machine. I give it a four because it doesn't juice small leaves like spinach very well. Other than that, I love my juicer.

eva.bernat
eva.bernatSydneyAustralia4 posts
Sam D
Sam DGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC4 posts
  Verified Max

This is very good but does not do a great job with leafy vegetables

This juicer is really good. Not messy and easy to use, wash and clean.

The only drawback I noticed is that it does not juice leafy vegetables as nicely as it does other fruits and veggies. The leafy vegetables come out in the extract bin as is most of the time.

Apart from this everything else is great with this juicer. Its worth having it.

Rayes
RayesGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC5 posts

Amazing!

The performance of this juicer is amazing! I use it to make mainly apple and carrot juice. No need to cut, peel or deseed. Just a quick wash and your ready to go. It's easy to clean and dishwasher safe. The amount of juice extracted is quite good as 1 Liter of carrot juice needs about 12-15 carrots. It's a great and healthier alternative for kids who like juice.

Olivia
Olivia
  Verified Max

Juicer mesh has a hole in it

Initially excellent easy to clean and quiet. I juiced carrots lemons and turmeric. However the mesh now has a rip in it and the motor smells when I use it. Can I have a replacement mesh I bought in Good Guys on 02/01/2017. I have not used it very much. It looks on the outside sparkling but now does not work

Mohamed H M Yoosuf
Mohamed H M YoosufGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC16 posts

A value for money

Since we bought this blender we are enjoying the fruit juice from it, the machine is silent while in operation and easy to clean and maintain. We use this blender 3 to 4 times a week to make mixed fruit juices for our family. We are fully satisfied with it.

Luke G
Luke GSydney8 posts
  Verified Max

Bought two and they both died within a month

The unit was quiet and relatively easy to maintain however can be loud. My gripe with this unit was the shelf life. I bought one and it lasted approximately three weeks. Assuming this was just bad luck, I purchased another but this one only lasted four weeks. I'd suggest avoiding this all together

Sonja M
Sonja MSydney, NSW5 posts

Excellent Juicer

This is the third juicer I have owned and by far the best. Great design, solid, powerful, neat and pure juice. I'm so impressed with this item. As with all juicers, you have to disassemble to clean but because its so well made, it just rinses off easily. It's quieter than my previous juicers and can do most stuff on low. I only use high for carrots etc. Typical of Breville, a well thought out, well made and attractively designed product.

Saadet
SaadetMelbourne7 posts

Love it

Easy to assemble and use, easy to clean.

Happy (and surprised the first time I used it) with the amount of juice that the machine produces. I usually use the machine on high speed but for softer fruits and leafies I tend to use the low setting which produces juice just as well. Machine is used 2-4 times a week and i tend to juice anything from strawberries and bananas to carrots and celery.

I have only had the machine for a month or two so far but have found that the only thing I have to clean is the machine itself! Havent had an issue with leaking or spills which is great.

The machine is a little loud however I didn't really expect a 'quiet' juicer and dont mind the noise.

Happy with the product :)