Breville the Barista Touch BES880

• Milk Frothing

Mark

MarkSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not Happy!

Have had this product for 2 years but after recommending and crowing about this product and then actually seeing the machine operating at two different households I have realized that my own machine is seriously defective. Coffee grounds are completely solid and therefore cannot tamp from the head, Have also wondered why on odd occasions that the head falls out of the grinding holder (it's because it has been faulty from day 1).

Purchased in September 2018 at Harvey Norman for $1,200.00.

tojo11

tojo11North Lake

Great Coffee

An excellent coffee machine for busy people who value good coffee. It grinds fresh beans and froths the milk easily. Milk is heated to your preferred temperature and it is easy to clean

Purchased in November 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for $1,500.00.

Liam

Liam New South Wales

Quality machine, easy to use

After previously owning two Delonghi coffee machines, I decided to upgrade to the Breville Barista Touch, and it is the best machine I have owned. Once dialled in, the machine produces a fantastic espresso, and the simplicity of the touchscreen and settings make it easy to use. The automatic milk wand is easily adjusted and produces silky micro-foam milk that I consider to be better than what is produced by most baristas at my local cafes.

The Breville Barista Touch is a simple, high-quality machine that is easy to use and maintain. I would highly recommend it to anyone considering purchasing a coffee machine.

Purchased in December 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for $1,399.00.

Semi-Automatic and Manual Coffee Machines

Find out how Breville the Barista Touch BES880 compares to other Semi-Automatic and Manual Coffee Machines

Annette A.

Annette A.South East Queensland, QLD

Big disappointment

Had machine for just under 12months and issues started happening with the steamer. Sent in for repairs, got it back and still not working, went back in to get fixed and same thing - issues started after 2 coffees were made. Sent it in for a third time and it took about 6weeks to get it back, had just about everything that could be replaced in it.
Have had it beck and was working great for about 4 months and now the same thing has happened again!
So not happy! Now out of warranty and just not worth the money or effort to get it fixed again if it only lasts a few months.
So not worth the $1300 I spent on it
So very disappointed

Purchased in April 2019 at JB Hi-Fi.

Asher0612

Asher0612Sydney, NSW

Breville has the WORST customer service ever

Rochelle

RochelleIllawarra, NSW

Machine Keeps Malfunctioning

Have had my machine for under 8 months and to turn my machine on daily I have to pull it out from the electricity plug and put it back in... Grinder and Machine frother will automatically turn on and it keeps changing all of my coffee settings on me.. Seems to be problem after problem.. If I want it fixed, I also have to pay for packaging to allow Breville to pick it up from me and will be without a coffee machine for who knows how long whilst it is getting fixed.... just an overall horrible experience with this machine.

Purchased in January 2020.

Tanya

TanyaSouth Australia

I love it!

I absolutely love my coffee and this machine definitely produces a good brew..... I received my machine yesterday, and I too have found that the machine does not turn back on once pressing it off unless I unplug it at the wall... This morning I thought I would try something different, once I’d made my coffee instead of pressing the button to turn it off, I just turned it off at the wall and then when using it I flicked the power on at the wall and press the on button and it turns on..no dramas. so I won’t be taking mine back to be replaced as this is a simple solution and a lot less hassle then taking it to be replaced... and let’s face it, turning it off at the wall while not In use saves power, so it’s definitely a win win.

Purchased in August 2020 at Costco for $1,300.00.

Louie

LouieVictoria

Love It !

I'm very fussy when it comes to coffee. This machine is brilliant. Brews consistently beautiful coffee every time. Auto milk setting produces a sensational silky finish. We highly recommend this product. Thanks Breville.

Purchased in January 2019 at The Good Guys.

Nicole M.

Nicole M.South East Queensland, QLD

Best Appliance purchase

After having a pod machine for over 10 years we decided to upgrade to the Breville Barista Touch and we wish we had done it sooner. Once you learn the basics of the grind and the brew setting that coffee is nothing short of exceptional. Best appliance purchase!

Purchased in April 2020 at Harvey Norman for $1,428.00.

Jamesb

JamesbMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Intermittent issue with turning machine on

Bought a Breville Touch in February 2020. Great machine and love the coffee and touch screen function. However over last couple of months the machine fails turn to power on sometimes. Disappointing as it’s a $1300 machine.

Purchased in February 2020 at Harvey Norman for $1,300.00.

Product is usedDaily

Best money I’ve ever spent!!!

This coffee machine gets me excited to wake up every morning. It is honestly the highlight of my day, makes a beautiful coffee perfect frothed milk easy to use easy to clean I can’t recommend it enough. You can change the coffee to how you like it and save to your name you will not regret it

Purchased in April 2020 at David Jones for $1,290.00.

Leah

LeahGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Could not get the grind correct on 3 different bags of beans

After being on the phone 4 times to breville they could not help me get the correct grind or brew , I was advised by the last consultant that she would forward my concern onto a technician that should be able to help me as she was stuck ! No return call ! After spending $90 on beans and to no great result I was fed up , this machine isn’t easy and I have waisted a lot of time , energy and money on beans for nothing . The consultant recommended sending me out a bag af beans that breville use ? I’m not paying out this much money to maybe getting the grind settings correct on breville used beans so I took it back to Harvey Norman’s and got a refund ! Majorly disappointed

Purchased in May 2020 at Harvey Norman for $1,300.00.

jason..c

jason..cSouth East Queensland, QLD

great coffee machine which is very well made.

Brought from Harvey Norman for $1300 and have loved every coffee we have made with it. Very easy to use and keep clean. Looks great in our kitchen and is very well made it feels very solid. Will not be using our Nespresso coffee pod machine anymore as the Breville puts it to shame

Purchased in May 2020 at Harvey Norman for $1,300.00.

Sunnyinqld

SunnyinqldCaloundra

You Get what you paid for with this machine.

Purchased in March 2020 at Domayne QLD, Maroochydore.

Candice_N

Candice_NPerth, WA

Easy set up and perfect coffee

We bought this machine a week ago. It was so easy to set up and the step by step instructions with the machine make it super easy to work out how to set the grind, temperature etc.
We came from a capsule machine to this and certainly won't look back.
No need to buy cafe coffees anymore when we can make the same quality at home.

Purchased in April 2020 at Costco for $1,000.00.

Phil M

Phil MGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

A worthy successor to the BES870!

It was so easy to set up, maybe because I was coming from its junior sibling. I recall that took me a few days, so maybe I had a headstart, but still it was pretty simple.

The first cup was good, the second cup was better. Then I figured out how to preheat the portafilter and the third cup was perfect!

Working from home for a while now, so no nipping out to my favourite cafe for a fresh brew. This is so good, I may not go back!

Purchased in March 2020 at Stan Cash for $1,247.00.

teag

teagNorth ryde

The only way to start my day

Wouldnt buy anything but a Breville coffee machine. The sales agent also reinforced this as she said: its all we sell.

Upgraded from an older Breville and its much faster, coffee tastes great and looks good.

Recommend

Purchased in November 2019.

Amber

Amber

Simple and small amazing coffee machine

Great small coffee espresso machine!! hassle free milk frothing. great automatic milk frothing.
Love the design and performance!! I highly recommend this espresso!! Touch makes everything different. forget the old style analog machine. it is time to change

Purchased in October 2019 at Billy Guyatts.

dee.traff

dee.traffCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

The perfect blend!

We purchase the Breville Barister Touch just over a month ago and we dont how we previously lived without it! The machine is beautiful and the quality of the coffee she produces is second to none! We were able to select our own settings and save these to achieve the perfect blend of coffee each time! The settings are extremely self explanatory and the machine is very user friendly!

Purchased in September 2019 at Betta Home Living.

Jeb

Jeb

Breville Barista Touch Review

User friendly barista type machine that delivers coffee as good as any coffee shop could produce.

Simple touch screen panel with one touch protocol. Very user friendly coffee machines and easy to clean.

Purchased in November 2019 at The Good Guys for $1,920.00.

Laura

Lauraasked

Hello, I had my Breville (Sage) Barista touch for 6 weeks. After the first cleaning cycle that I did because the machine asked me to, it stopped working. During the cleaning there was almost no water in the tray and the detergent tablet did not go away, it remained 50% in the portafilter . Now I can ' t get any water from it: no brewing, no steam, no hot water through the pipe. My black cleaning silicone disk has no wholes in it. Any ideas?

JS - Atlanta

JS - Atlantaasked

My 2 week old Barista Touch is acting up when frothing milk. It is set to 150 degrees, froth level 6. I use whole milk. The milk quantity is between the 2 tick marks on the stainless steel pitcher. The milk heating sensor and the wand are cleaned after every use. Today, In the middle of heating up the milk, the temperature reached 130 degrees and the machine completely shut down. Zero power. I had to turn the machine back on and start over. Other times, while heating up and staring to froth, the unit just stops frothing, not completing the job. Thoughts?

Reviewer R.
Reviewer R.

Faulty?

EZC

EZCasked

Hello I have the breville touch espresso machine. My question is on the pre set drink selections, it shows 2 cups meaning a double shot ok

When I set up a custom drink, it only shows 1 cup but it lets you adjust the brew time, when I tried to change it to a double

It seems on a double shot, it brews for 30 seconds on the preset..
So if I use 30 seconds on my preset drink, does that mean it ALSO is a double shot as well?

Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives

CategorySemi-Automatic and Manual Coffee Machines