Breville The Oracle Touch BES990

A home coffee machine you can't live without

We purchased a Breville Oracle Touch in June 2018 from Harvey Norman, (WA store) and have been extremely happy with our coffee machine and the great taste of our coffee.
Even more impressive is the awesome service from Emily - White Glove representative. The fact that 7 months after our purchase Emily was more than happy to offer her service and immense knowledge on how to get the best tasting coffee from our machine and offer easy tips for maintaining it! Thank you Emily we are very satisfied customers :)

Purchased at Harvey Norman for $3,000.00.

Consistency
Milk Frothing
Product is used: Daily

Shouldn’t have waited so long!

After 2 Nespresso pod machines, thought it was time to move on to a better coffee experience. Did loads of research and notwithstanding the price tag opted for the oracle touch. Have now had it for 3 weeks and love, love love it! Bought from Harvey Norman in WA and the white glove in home service was provided by Emily. She was fantastic and I can thoroughly recommend the same product/experience to anyone chasing a quality coffee machine.

Purchased at Harvey Norman for $3,000.00.

Consistency
Milk Frothing
Product is used: Daily

Best home coffee ever.

Easy to make very good coffee, but less easy to produce amazingly good coffee. So Breville has a White Glove Service whereby barista Ryan visits you at your home and patiently and methodically explains how to fine tune it, how and when to clean it, and how to buy and store your beans. Knowing these nuances of the machine is the secret to producing fantastic coffee, the equal of any in a cafe.
I really liked my Oracle Touch from the outset, but Ryan’s explanations and demonstrations have made all the difference. So now I make a perfect cup every time, and love my machine.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Unimaginably excellent machine!

Coffee is better than most cafe barista made, so despite its price it will pay for itself quickly.
The "white glove" in-house training was brilliant - a passionate barista trainer who couldn't do enougf for us. We felt very special.
Then the unexpected free deliveries of top quality beans!
Coffee quality is highly consistent - as I roast my own beans I make slight grind adjustments occasionally - easy!
Love the easy clean tablets - no wasted water, and quick. (Recommend doing it when the reminder flashes up, as the next cup is back to normal volume, and cleaner in taste.)
A pleasure to give an unreserved non-grumpy review.
Congrats to the design team.

Impressive coffee machine

For someone who drinks coffee regularly this machine is worth every cent. So quick and easy to make a coffee and it tastes better than most store bought coffees. There is no mess and it's very easy to clean. Also had the complimentary white glove service with Emily in WA who was amazing and showed us how to get even more out of our machine. We also got the coffee bean promotion, with three months of fresh coffee beans delivered straight to your door! Fantastic machine and service, highly recommended.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Love it!!!! Now I can get that cafe tasting coffee at home

Loving this new oracle touch from breville! Thanks to the white glove service in particular Ryan for coming to our house and taking us through the machine step by step now we can get the best out of our machine. His customer service was amazing and he’s knowledge of the machine was zero to none answered all our questions.

Great Machine

Good machine and easy to use. After reading many reviews took the punt and purchased one after a lot of deliberation due to the cost. Well worth the cost makes a great coffee. Being able to set it to be all warmed up ready to go with the timer is a time saver along with the dual boilers.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Great coffee machine.Worth the investment!!

After a significant amount of research we bought this machine . So far we have had no regrets and been extremely happy with its ease of use and functionality.The quality of coffee produced is consistently good and have been impressed .
We had Emily from the White glove Service come out to our home today and what a delight she is :) She was excellent in imparting her knowledge and spent a lot of time showing us how to make the “perfect “cup of coffee for each of our family members ,each with our own particular preferences. Its a great service and useful to fine tune ones skills and useful having someone in the know passing on tips on how the machine is best used and cared for .
With its preset personalized settings for different members of our household and ability to “wake “ up ready to use when we go down into the kitchen every morning ....its a delight! Love the automated grinding tamping and milk frothing functionality with a press of a button.Cleaning also is very easy.
Understand its a significant outlay compared to other machines on the market but so far we have been very happy and it does seem to deliver what it says it can.
Now I find its so easy and feel confident that I can offer my guests a great coffee when they visit and not feel like I need to make excuses anymore for a substandard one !

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Great machine

This is one of the best investments that I've made. We purchased from Harvey Norman. Makes great coffee. The coffee is so consistent and we absolutely love getting up in the morning for a coffee hit. The tamping is the most important part - just means that my wife and I don't have to

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Found it very unreliable.

Breville The Oracle Touch BES990
I really wanted to love this machine - probably to justify the cost but it has disappointed me. It is currently at repairs which has been over 10 weeks and still waiting on parts. Not really good enough for such an expensive machine. Service extremely poor, machine extremely unreliable only good for the first 12 months. Paid $3100 and had good coffee only for one year about 2 a day.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

In love!! What we’ve been waiting for

We bought our Breville Oracle touch machine last week from Harvey Norman and have been using it easily since but didn’t realise how little we knew about it until we had Tanya from the White Glove service come today and show us all the tricks about the best coffee machine. Tanya was very helpful, friendly, patient, very experienced and knowledgeable about the machine. She answered all of our questions and the tips to maintaining it. Looking forward to making our own best coffee, couldn’t have asked for more.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Look no further. Breville has produced the ultimate coffee machine

The Breville Oracle Touch is a beautifully designed domestic coffee machine which out performs all of my previous machines, including both Jura and Saeco. The twin boilers, the infinitely variable control over temperatures, grind adjustability, and the ability to make coffees to a precise specification time after time leave competing machines well behind.
The Breville in home training (free with your Oracle Touch purchase) will assist you in understanding the intricacies of good coffee making and show you how easy it is to replicate consistent coffees to suit your particular preference.
Well done Breville and thank you to Tanya for imparting great coffee making knowledge

Date PurchasedJun 2018
I continue to be impressed with my first Breville Oracle Touch and recently bought a second machine for another home. Both are now providing consistent coffee just as I like it. Well done Breville.

Simply the Best!

As far as home coffee machines go, this is the best one I've ever used or tried! It makes an amazing coffee and the whole process is really simple yet you still have great control over the finished product. There are so many handy features such as the built-in timer so the machine is ready and waiting for you in the morning or the ability to save personalised drinks with your name. Cleaning is a breeze too with the automated milk wand cleaning function. It's certainly not a cheap machine but you really can't go wrong with this machine if you want café quality coffee at home.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Great Machine and Superb Coffee

If you are wanting a coffee machine that delivers delicious espresso and latte with that fresh coffee aroma the Breville Oracle is for you. After our fully automatic DeLonghi machine died we looked at lots of different machine types. Then Charmaine at Good Guys Orsborne Park provided gave us a demonstration. The Breville Oracle was a stand out compared with all the other coffee machines. While it takes a little longer to use and clean than our previous machine it is worth the time as it produces a far superior coffee and I now don’t need sugar in my latte because it’s not bitter. Emily in WA provided our White Glove Service explaining every aspect of the machine in detail ensuring all our questions were answered. We now know what coffee to buy and how to get the best coffee from the machine. It was extremely worthwhile having Emily come to our home, in fact it was an absolute delight to spend over two hours with Emily learning about our Breville Oracle. Fantastic service. Thank you Breville, Charmaine and Emily. We are enjoying the best coffee of our lives

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Exelent

I have been using the oracle touch from when they first came out.
I have used 2 other coffee machine before and they were more in repair than being in use.
This machine is very easy to use and cleaning as well.
it took me a while to make a perfect cappuccino.
I had my machine replaced with a new one when the grounding basket was stuck.

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Finally a great coffee at home

It took a bit of tweaking, but with the help of the excellent Ryan from the White Glove Service (completely free, in your home, one hour demo as part of buying the Touch) we can now make an absolutely perfect coffee every time. Simple to use, quick, no mess. The price is a hurdle but this beats other home coffee experiences hands down.

The best wake me up

Purchased by my hubby as my mother’s day prezzie in May 2018.
It has replaced my old Delinghi machine. It’s buit with great thought. The accessory drawer fits well with easy access. The water tank size and the access to fill it, so easy. Love how I can customise my drinks, the temperature and brew amount absolutely fabulous. The best tasting coffee with cafe choice is awesome. It’s so quick & easy. The touch screen that incorporates all the instructions is a blessing. The customer service number is visible for easy access.
Now the best part, the Harvey Norman price was cheapest, the added $ 250 Harvey Norman bonus gift card with a 3 year expiry date ( Thank You Harvey Norman), the 3 month supply of fresh roasted beans and the $ 100 wine voucher that came with the beans, and the greatest service from the white glove lady called Honey. She was an angel, the wealth of information. The session was so personalised in my own home and not rushed at all. Honey took had utmost patience and answered every question. She was so professional and her sweet smile with the reassuring words to call her anytime if we had further questions, is platinum class customer service.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Inspiration to get up in the morning.

Purchased this machine after lots of research and justification. Love the fact that it’s dual boiler and making coffee to take to work rushing out the door is easy and fast. The auto start up is fantastic, it’s ready to use when I’m ready for my morning takeaway. Great touch screen and individual program feature is fantastic so you will never forget your favourite brew. Simple to use and clean up is minimal. Now working on my latte art.

Amazing Machine

This might be a slightly biased review because I absolutely love this machine or at least I love the coffee it makes me every morning!
I have been having all sorts of fun playing home barista since we got it. The machine itself is beautifully made and robustly finished in stainless steel. Its a real, proper coffee machine so there is a learning curve and the coffee you use has a big impact on the final results.The art of frothing milk is what I am working on at the moment but I'll have that down soon, I think. Cleaning up is a breeze to because of the quality components its made from. Very happy customer here,

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Awesome Machine and white glove service was amazing

So impressed with this machine when we first purchased two weeks ago but now after having Tanya from Breville come into our home today and give some advice we won’t be leaving the house for coffee ! Wow the white glove service offered by breville is amazing we can now produce coffee at home at Cafe standard . Highly recommend the machine but make sure you take up the white glove service and let Tanya turn you into an at home barista!

Date PurchasedMar 2018

I figured out how to access the advanced settings on this machine, but there is a password prompt. I think it's a factory password. Anyone know where to find?
Are you sure it's a password prompt, not something else? Check the instructions at http://www.brevilleusasupport.com/bes980xl/care-and-use/alerts-and-advanced-features/ Or call their customer service number.Sounds like it is password protected for a reason.

Hi there, new owner of Oracle Touch having read and watched multiple reviews/vids online. I have two questions for the experienced folk out there: 1. We find the porta filter incredibly tight in the head unit - a two handed operation that often moves the whole heavy unit? Is this normal? 2. We have so much vibration that a pair of coffee glasses will rattle and most of the time vibrate forward in the tray while brewing - this means a tall black/americano is not possible unattended as the cups vibrate forward away from the hot water spout to rear :-(. Anyone else experienced these issues?
Doesn't sound normal at all. 6 months after buying the Oracle Touch, I haven't had any problems - and not one as you describe (definitely only use one hand for the portafilter). The only suggestion I have is that you make sure there are no grounds in the socket. (See if a moist sponge dislodges anything after a good wipe.) If there is a pressure leak at that point that might explain why it's dancing. I make it a habit to skim the portafilter with my index finger after grinding - it always seems to leave some coffee sitting on the top edge. Also check you have the vacuum clamp (under the drip tray) secured. Otherwise call the service line mum - you might need to take it to the hospital. Good luck ... PS: Were you offered the 1 hr White Glove barista training on purchase? It was great!Many thanks! Unfortunately no White Glove service available to my knowledge on Belgium. They would have likely been able to resolve/confirm my issues. I fixed the porta filter into head unit issue through diagnosis. I noticed that when empty it fit like a glove so checked the dry puck weight and it was 24g. QED too much ground to fit nicely in head unit. Solution was to remove the tamping fan and extended it (YouTube videos) 2mm so I get the recommended 21-22g shot. Fits perfect now! Amazon purchase so as the vibration has not resolved they are sending a replacement unit - excellent customer service. Many thanks for your input, I will certainly adopt your routine of manually clearing excess grind from portafilter - very sensible. Notwithstanding inconsistent early morning first shot (under extracts first pull for some reason) - the coffee is superb!

Should the tamped coffee be touching the shower head?

The Oracle Touch BES990