A lot of money for automation that breaks

I upgraded to this model after having the original Oracle and have a wonderful experience with that machine. Unpacking the machine is exciting, looks great but after two weeks the automatic froth wand failed. It would work manually but not automatically. After much discussion and accusations by Breville that I hadn't looked after the machine they sent a replacement. This one lasted a week. Guess what - it was from the same batch. Finally, after much discussion, a new one was sent and you guessed it - went again. This time we waited for service to fix it - over one month. Ended up selling this one and went back to a basic machine. I recommend that you don't invest in the pretty pictures - go for a double boiler machine and buy nice coffee.

Purchased in January 2018 at Joyce Mayne Physical store for $2,899.00.

OMG what a product!!!

Bought end of June from Harvey Norman and today Tanya gave us the best demonstration which produced the best coffee for us and suits our personal coffee preferences. Breville at home free service is a must, Tanya is amazing and certainly showcases the machine and offers great options for future coffee purchases. Brilliant, we love our new coffee !

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Exceptional in all respects

I have had the Oracle Touch for less than one week. The day after I bought it Emily came to give me the white glove treatment. This was very worthwhile, getting to know the machine in the first place and then being particular about keeping the machine clean after use or end of day. This is vital for good coffee drinking every day. What a great ambassador Emily is for the company she has a great personality and is very good at making coffee. I am now experimenting a bit to make sure I become fully familiar with the machine, it is almost second nature now. I would have no hesitation in recommending the Oracle Touch to family, friends or anyone else for that matter.

Purchased in June 2019 at RetraVision for $2,850.00.

Product is used: Daily

It cannot get any better

Great coffe is a passion for me, at the same time as getting best bang for buck. I have always pushed whatever machine I've owned to the limit of what it can offer. The machine I just replaced was a Breville Barista Express that was almost exactly 5 years old. I had it tweaked and dialed in beautifully that family, friends and neighbours always commented on the fact I should be selling my coffees.

The machine didn't die, but I wanted more and had been eyeing off a new machine for the last couple of years. Should I go with another Breville, maybe buy a Swiss/German/Italian machine? The choices are endless and I struggled to decide. The answer came in the fact that my wife is crap at making coffee and is addicted to what I make. There is quite literally nothing else on the market that offers the feature set and ability this machine offers.

It makes identical coffee everytime. It makes this easily. It's extremely easy to clean. I could go into technical details that confuse the heck out of people. But in the end, it comes down to those 3 things. People want great tasting coffee that's like a cafe. They want to make it the same everytime with ease and not be a hassle to clean. This machine ticks all those boxes and then some.

I have made every style of coffee with this machine and it works perfectly.

What's even better is the "White Glove Service". In Perth WA, Emily will come to your home and show you everything there is to know about the machine. With this service, you don't need the manual. Emily is brilliant. Tips, tricks and even better........ great coffee.

To quote the great Molly Meldrum.........Do yourself a favour and get this machine. You won't be disappointed.

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman for $2,999.00.

Product is used: Daily

Better coffee than a cafe!

Love this machine and the extra service from Breville who send out Tanya from the company to teach you how to use the machine in your home! She is fabulous!

Purchased in March 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Amazing Coffee and Amazing Service

Makes a perfect coffee. Easy to use and simple to clean. Touch screen guides you through al steps for making an excellent coffee right through to cleaning the machine.

The White Glove Service is well worth accepting, having an in home tutorial adds to the experience and your confidence of using the machine. Emily, the Western Australian White Glove representative was friendly, professional and made sure that I have the skills and knowledge to get the most out of the machine.

Purchased in April 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Fabulous mess free coffee

This machine makes reproducible barista-level coffee semi automatically. Having previously owned a Jura and a Nespresso I find this is the first home machine to make coffee at home that beats most cafe coffees. The secret is in the reproducibility. You select grind size but tamping is automatic. Dose is fixed unless you adjust it with a tool. You can set water temperature and brew time but the presets suit me. In fact grind size is the only thing I need to dial in depending on the bean type, roast and freshness. The advantage for a non expert is that a limited amount of adjusting the grind is all I need to do. The frothed produces high quality microfoam with temperature and bubble size adjustable- but once again the presets for different coffees seem to suit me. The end result is a great taste with the all important mouth feel. In addition, it makes almost no mess and is very low maintenance. The “white glove” service offered as part of purchase by Breville is an added bonus: an expert comes to your house and gives you in depth tuition on making coffee and maintenance. It’s an expensive machine but, for me, totally worth it. I have no affiliation with Breville.

Purchased in April 2019 for $2,999.00.

Product is used: Daily

Excellent coffee machine. Cannot live without it. After a few test brews, you can make some tweaks to get it exactly how you like it and its consistently good, everytime.

Purchased in January 2018.

Breville the Oracle Touch Espresso Coffee Machine BES990BSS - Best Coffee Machine EVER

Breville the Oracle Touch Espresso Coffee Machine BES990BSS

Purchased: January 2019
Result: Still lovin every coffee this machine makes
Pros: Everything adjustable including a swivel on the machine so you can move it (wow)
Cons: Only noise comes from the grinder but it is a grinder so no big deal really

I had a Delonghi Primadonna and it had so many problems one is that it NEVER made a hot coffee.

After it broke down for about the 4th time I had to get it fixed through extended warranty. They offered me to fix or replace and I opted for REPLACE. I would never buy another Delonghi Coffee Machine.

The Breville Oracle Touch. It grinds your coffee beans, then it tamps it you take the tamp over to express the coffee and whilst that is happening you have your milk in the frother getting your milk to the temperature that you want. I like mine fairly hot so its set on 68 degrees but you can set it hotter or colder all adjustable.

It has 2 thermostats to heat and also a timer. You can add people's coffee preference on the digital screen.

Everything is variable, the grind on the coffee bean, the seconds it takes to drip and the temp and froth on your milk. This is such am awesome coffee machine I love it so much that since I purchased it I have not bought a coffee in a coffee shop since. I use Elixr coffee beans expresso from Stafford Elixr they are the best and most tasty coffee beans around.

Happy to answer any questions regarding this fabulous machine.

Purchased in January 2019 for $2,277.55.

Milk Frothing
Product is used: Several times a week

I'm in love with my coffee machine!

The coffee this machine can produce is perfect, exactly as I like it. No more disappointments when you get an ordinary cup of coffee served to you, you can make it at home. Breville even sent a lovely lady by the name of Karen to my house to help me set it up, she taught me alot of details I did not know about the machine even though I had researched it for months before purchasing. Fresh beans are essential, the coffee is amazing!

Purchased in March 2019 at Harvey Norman for $2,999.00.

Absolutely love it!

Had the machine just over a month and love it. It’s consistent, easy to use, froths milk to perfection, can be set to your specific preferences and makes the best coffee. No more coffee shops for us. If I was to be super critical, it does scratch quite easily, a simple watch catching the base when you slip your cup under etc. However, wouldn’t be without it now. Better than coffee shop purchased and right in my own kitchen!! Had the white glove demo off Emily in WA and she was exceptional. Highly recommend her.

Purchased in February 2019 for $3,099.00.

Product is used: Daily

Simply the best coffee machine we've ever owned!

The in-home introduction service to our new coffee machine was outstanding and thought us how to make the perfect barista quality coffee with ease. The Oracle is so simple to use and keep clean. It is absolutely perfect!

Purchased in January 2019 for $3,049.00.

COFFEE HEAVEN

I just love my coffee - have had a few home coffee machines, De Longhi Maestro Grand/Nespresso Pod Machines, but this one is the by far the best machine I have owned. .
Only had a week, so have only followed the manual to make coffee at this stage. I have a booking with the white glove service in a couple of weeks, so I cant wait for this. So once I have completed this will be able to make guests coffees to their specific requirements, of Flat Whites, Latte's etc - hopefully.
Straight forward machine, easy to operate, and a lovely cup of coffee in less than a minute.
Bought this from Harvey Norman, which were the best overall on price in Perth metro area.
A couple of friends have the Breville Oracle, they were both more than happy with theirs, so I that is why I investigated this machine a bit further and decided on the Touch model.

Purchased in March 2019 at Harvey Norman for $2,999.00.

Product is used: Daily

A home coffee machine you can't live without

We purchased a Breville Oracle Touch in June 2018 from Harvey Norman, (WA store) and have been extremely happy with our coffee machine and the great taste of our coffee.
Even more impressive is the awesome service from Emily - White Glove representative. The fact that 7 months after our purchase Emily was more than happy to offer her service and immense knowledge on how to get the best tasting coffee from our machine and offer easy tips for maintaining it! Thank you Emily we are very satisfied customers :)

Purchased in June 2018 at Harvey Norman for $3,000.00.

Product is used: Daily

Shouldn’t have waited so long!

After 2 Nespresso pod machines, thought it was time to move on to a better coffee experience. Did loads of research and notwithstanding the price tag opted for the oracle touch. Have now had it for 3 weeks and love, love love it! Bought from Harvey Norman in WA and the white glove in home service was provided by Emily. She was fantastic and I can thoroughly recommend the same product/experience to anyone chasing a quality coffee machine.

Purchased in January 2019 at Harvey Norman for $3,000.00.

Best home coffee ever.

Easy to make very good coffee, but less easy to produce amazingly good coffee. So Breville has a White Glove Service whereby barista Ryan visits you at your home and patiently and methodically explains how to fine tune it, how and when to clean it, and how to buy and store your beans. Knowing these nuances of the machine is the secret to producing fantastic coffee, the equal of any in a cafe.
I really liked my Oracle Touch from the outset, but Ryan’s explanations and demonstrations have made all the difference. So now I make a perfect cup every time, and love my machine.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Unimaginably excellent machine!

Coffee is better than most cafe barista made, so despite its price it will pay for itself quickly.
The "white glove" in-house training was brilliant - a passionate barista trainer who couldn't do enougf for us. We felt very special.
Then the unexpected free deliveries of top quality beans!
Coffee quality is highly consistent - as I roast my own beans I make slight grind adjustments occasionally - easy!
Love the easy clean tablets - no wasted water, and quick. (Recommend doing it when the reminder flashes up, as the next cup is back to normal volume, and cleaner in taste.)
A pleasure to give an unreserved non-grumpy review.
Congrats to the design team.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Impressive coffee machine

For someone who drinks coffee regularly this machine is worth every cent. So quick and easy to make a coffee and it tastes better than most store bought coffees. There is no mess and it's very easy to clean. Also had the complimentary white glove service with Emily in WA who was amazing and showed us how to get even more out of our machine. We also got the coffee bean promotion, with three months of fresh coffee beans delivered straight to your door! Fantastic machine and service, highly recommended.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Love it!!!! Now I can get that cafe tasting coffee at home

Loving this new oracle touch from breville! Thanks to the white glove service in particular Ryan for coming to our house and taking us through the machine step by step now we can get the best out of our machine. His customer service was amazing and he’s knowledge of the machine was zero to none answered all our questions.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Great Machine

Good machine and easy to use. After reading many reviews took the punt and purchased one after a lot of deliberation due to the cost. Well worth the cost makes a great coffee. Being able to set it to be all warmed up ready to go with the timer is a time saver along with the dual boilers.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Throw does one set a 1 cup measure vs a two cup measure on the grind? I thought that was automatic based on the basket size.
Yes the grind amount is based on the basket size. The grinder will continue to fill the basket until it is full. So a smaller basket will fill sooner and the grind will stop.Thank you.

Recently my 1cup filter basket get stuck after the pour. Portafilter comes uff but not the basket. I called breville and the suggested I change the grind to more course but then I don’t get the crema. I tried dying the basket that too didn’t help. Suggestions? I don’t think there is a service center in Hawaii? Thanks Al
Sorry I’m in Australia- we don’t use the one cup but it does flip out with a spoon

I have had this machine since dec 2017. It’s great but has been back for servicing four times. I just got it back again and the problem has not been fix. The steamer is 20degrees out. This burns the milk. So I have turned it down but I have to reset it each time. Since I have received it back the grind has to be set at 30 to get it to take between 8 and 13 sec to make the coffee. Getting a bit peeved.
The coffee starts to pour at between 8 and 12 seconds. All up it should take about 25 for a single shot and about 30 for a double. How do you know the steam wand is about 20 degrees out? Have you measured it?

Breville The Oracle Touch BES990BSS (Brushed Stainless Steel)Breville The Oracle Touch BES990BTR (Black Truffle)
CategoryManual / Semi-Automatic Coffee MachinesManual / Semi-Automatic Coffee Machines
Price (RRP) $3,799.00$3,899.00
FeaturesTouch ScreenTouch Screen
Milk FrotherSteam WandSteam Wand
Bean GrinderIntegrated Burr GrinderIntegrated Burr Grinder
Coffee Bean Capacity280 g280 g
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)

Visit official website - Download manual