Listing monitored by Steelcraft

• Suitable for Running Yes (19) · No (25)
  • Safety
  • Manoeuvrability
  • Ease of Packing & Storage

Mrs Cat Mac
Mrs Cat Mac

Would not recommend

I’ve had the pram for years now, and hate it. It’s SO HARD to steer. Especially when you put the a kid in the second seat. Folding it is a pain because the front wheels have to go a certain way.
My boys chewed the leather bar that is in front of them.
Putting the second seat in is tricky and not a quick thing to do.
Cleaning it is a mission as well.

Purchased in January 2017 at Baby & Toddler Town for $1,200.00.

Jas
JasPerth, WA

Strider compact top seat

I have two strider compact prams. 1 a 2013 and 1 a 2015. The 2015 prams top seat catches as I move through the seat positions on both pram frames. Why is this and how can I stop it as I can't picture a baby liking being jolted around when thensrat is moved.

Purchased in September 2015.

Bec
BecNorth Queensland, QLD

Lightweight and easy to use

We bought this pram as a spare for our daughter, and I loved it. It is very light and easy to use. Also easy to clean! Would buy it again!

Purchased in May 2018 at Baby Bunting Online store for $379.00.

4-Wheel Prams & Strollers

Find out how Steelcraft Strider Compact compares to other 4-Wheel Prams & Strollers

Micaela J.
Micaela J.South East Queensland, QLD

Absolutely love it!

We bought the strider in 2018 for my daughter. We bought it knowing that we would have children in the future so loved that it could fit two. This year we had twins and panicked because we needed a pram to take our twins. It turned out that the strider could fit two capsules on it meaning it was absolutely perfect for our twins. It is not side by side meaning we can actually fit in doorways and are able to get around easily. The frame is a tad heavy but that’s because it is so sturdy! Would definitely recommend it!

Purchased in August 2018 at Baby Bounce for $799.00.

ShazFar North Queensland, QLD

Perfect pram!! However we want to use a Maxi Cosi capsule ONLY!!

Purchased in June 2020 for $900.00.

Shaz

The best baby products in 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
the-best-baby-products-in-2020
Aleysha
AleyshaPerth, WA

It's good but not compact

It's a great sturdy pram, great when it's up and in use however, it takes up a lot of boot space and is quite complex to lift in and out of the boot. I found it more cumbersome than a small stroller.

Purchased at Baby Bunting Physical store for $700.00.

Cathryn
CathrynCentral West, NSW

I love love love my steelcraft pram

I am so happy with the steelcraft pram I have had it now for two babies I used it for 2 years with my firstborn and now 4 years later using it again. it is strong and folds easy . I love the room underneath for mum baby stuff shopping etc

Purchased in September 2015 at Baby Bunting Physical store for $800.00.

Lucy
Lucy

Fantastic pram, wouldn’t buy anything else!

Purchased in May 2019 at Baby Bunting for $569.00.

Ioanna
IoannaAdelaide

Ok pram but wish it didn't have the leatherette handles and bumber..

Purchased in August 2017 at Baby & Toddler Town for $799.00.

Zearah McCracken
Zearah McCrackenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Incredibly handy and compact

Was great to see my child through their newborn, infant and toddler years. Easy to use and easy to pack away after use. Great value for money and looks very nice.

Purchased in June 2017 for $1,200.00.

Obbae L.
Obbae L.South East Queensland, QLD

Perfect for all occasions

We bought this pram and it was above and beyond what we expected. It was easy to assemble and able to fit in all cars from small to large. The adaptors for the capsule made a smooth transition from car to pram. It has advisements for every new mum and dads height. It was easy to control and smooth. The under compartment made it easy to shop with.

Purchased in August 2018 at Baby Bunting for $699.00.

Nurul L
Nurul LGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Amazing pram

I bought this when I had my second wish I bought it with my first its surprisingly lighter compared to the other prams love it because I can fold it with the double seats!

Purchased in January 2019 at Baby Bunting Physical store for $800.00.

Katie
KatieMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Good sturdy pram

It’s a good sturdy pram and the fact it’s higher than most means you can wheel it right up to a table and it’s a perfect height. Can be tricky to fold down and you have to wiggle the wheels

Purchased in June 2019 at Baby Bunting Physical store for $869.00.

Nic
NicSoutheast, SA

This pram is a great price but has a few issues.

Firstly, the pram is too heavy, especially for a mum that has had a c-section. The front wheels are extremely squeaky. It does not steer in a straight line and also very hard to steer with one hand. Also, the harness is very hard to click in and unclick. Not a fan of this pram apart from the price. Would not buy this brand again.

Purchased in June 2019 at Baby Bunting for $780.00.

Support C.Steelcraft

Review collected in partnership with Steelcraft

Emma W.
Emma W.Perth, WA

Love my pram but wish it was a little more “compact” like the name says

I love the pram itself it looks smart and is easy to steer. Would be good to have a small storage pocket for phone/keys on the back of hood maybe or small satchel around handle because the basket is quite low and I prefer my phone and keys in my personal hand reaching space as waking etc.

I have an i30 car and pram takes up nearly my whole car boot. So it’s not exactly “compact“ in size

Oh and I have to unclip the holding shut mechanism while up in car when removing so not to scratch Off the black powder coating. And when collapsing I have to keep it up and pull it backwards standing again so not to scratch the powder coating

Purchased in May 2018 at Toys R Us / Babies R Us.

Read more reviews - page 2

Ashleigh C.
Ashleigh C.asked
Strider Compact Deluxe Edition

Hello, are there adaptors that will allow a maxi-cosi micro ap capsule to attach to a steelcraft strider compact deluxe edition pram?

Support C.Steelcraft

Hi Ashleigh, thanks for your question. We don't have any adaptors available to allow compatibility with the Maxi Cosi Micro AP capsule and the Steelcraft Strider Compact Deluxe Edition pram. I would suggest that you contact Maxi Cosi as they maybe able to assist. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Elise N.
Elise N.asked
Strider Compact Deluxe Edition

Hi I have a strider compact deluxe pram and was wondering does a compact plus second seat fit it?

Support C.Steelcraft

Hi Elise N. Thanks for your question. The Strider Plus second seats are not compatible with the Steelcraft Strider Compact Deluxe prams due to the width and connections being different. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Girlfriend158
Girlfriend158asked
Strider Compact

Does anyone know if a strider compact top seat would fit a strider plus base. Ours is starting to split in the fabric and a SC top seat has become avail but I want to make sure before I purchase it.

Support C.Steelcraft

Hi Girlfriend158, thanks for your question. For spare parts, pricing and availability, please email au-support@britax.com and provide your cat number and batch date from the underside of your pram. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

See all Steelcraft Strider Compact questions

Get an answer from our members and Steelcraft representatives

Compare all 3 Steelcraft Strider Compact
  • Discontinued

4.2
Category4-Wheel Prams & Strollers4-Wheel Prams & Strollers4-Wheel Prams & Strollers and Double Prams & Strollers
Price (RRP) $799.95$899.00
Seating TypeSingleSingleSingle and Tandem
Convertible Yes
Suitable Age0+ months0+ months0+ months
Max User Weight 20 kg20 kg20 kg
Seat OrientationReversibleReversibleReversible
Bassinet CompatibleYes (Included)Yes (Included)Yes (Sold Separately)
Capsule CompatibleYes, with addition of adaptersYes, with addition of adaptersYes
FeaturesArm Bar, Cup Holder, Height-Adjustable Handle, Locking Front Wheels, Suspension and Under-seat StorageArm Bar, Cup Holder, Height-Adjustable Handle, Locking Front Wheels, Suspension and Under-seat StorageArm Bar, Height-Adjustable Handle, Locking Front Wheels, Suspension and Under-seat Storage
Weight12 kg16 kg13.5 kg
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Folded Dimensions32 x 63 x 88 cm34 x 62.5 x 92 cm
Discontinuation dateFeb 2017Nov 2019
Replaced bySteelcraft Strider Compact Deluxe EditionSteelcraft Strider Compact Deluxe Edition Textured Collection
ManualDownload manualDownload manualDownload manual