Steelcraft Strider Compact

Steelcraft Strider Compact

Strider Compact Deluxe Edition and Strider Compact

It ok

Nothing compact about it! It’s a bit bulky and a pain to take apart and put it back together. The straps look super uncomfortable for baby (but baby doesn’t seem to mind) and it starts squeaking and creaking pretty quickly. Smooth ride though !

Purchased in January 2019 at Baby Kingdom for $700.00.

Ease of Packing & Storage
Hi Amanda, thanks for taking the time to leave a review and we're sorry to hear about your experience. Steelcraft products have a 24 month repair warranty, which covers faulty materials & workmanship when used under normal conditions for the warranty period. We will repair the products free of charge within 24 months of purchase however they will need to inspect to see if they are covered by our warranty. Please return your stroller along with your purchase receipt to your place of purchase so that they can arrange for it to be returned to us for assessment. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Comfortable and easy to push.

This pram is comfortable to use with the adjustable handle allowing my husband and I to set it at two different positions for comfort. It’s so easy to push around that you can comfortably push the pram around a shop one handed while handing your baby in the other hand.
Sooo much storage room that I haven’t had to worry when walking in to the supermarket and buying multiple items.
The bassinet is super light and stable allowing me to use in without the pram at friends houses and my son has plenty of room in there. Only down side is that it takes up half my car boot but I Still love it as it’s easy to fold and light to lift in to the car boot.

Purchased in July 2018.

Ease of Packing & Storage
Thanks Danielle for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Not Compact at all

I have been using for 8 months. I'm not sure why its called compact because its far from compact. It's very heavy to get in and out of car and to push. When you pack it down it gets all scratched up on the front bars so it looks terrible within days of using. Not easy to maneuver around.
One of the front wheels randomly fell of during use one day.
On the plus side my baby seems comfortable in it and besides the wheel falling off its quite sturdy.

Purchased in January 2018 at Baby Bunting Physical store for $640.00.

Ease of Packing & Storage
Hi Shell, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Can you please give us a call on 1300 303 330 so we can discuss the wheel issue with you in further detail, Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Best baby purchase I made

I purchased the strider compact duluxe and have been more than happy with it. This was the most expensive item I purchased but has been 100% worth it. Extremely easy to use, feels nice and solid, has great manoeuvrability, solid wheels so no flats. Easy to swap between a capsule, bassinet, pram seat etc. Also has the option the convert to a double. Highly recommend and would buy again if needed to. Definitely shop around for best price tho.

Purchased in July 2018 at Country kids Ballarat for $479.00.

Suitable for RunningYes
Ease of Packing & Storage
Hi Rach, thanks for taking the time to leave such a terrific review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Worst pram

I’ve had this pram for about 14 months. It’s extremely heavy to lift into the car. It really bad for turning corners. It’s Suspension is crap. Every little bump the baby feels. I have nothing good to say about this pram. Would not recommend.

Purchased in December 2017 at Baby Bunting Physical store for $600.00.

Ease of Packing & Storage
Hi Doug, thanks for your review and we're sorry to hear that you're unhappy with your Strider Compact. Please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330 so we can discuss this with you in further detail. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Love it!

We absolutely love our pram! We love how it’s easy to steer, goes on all sorts of surfaces and still going strong! We love how comfortable our kids are in it, we have a second seat underneath and both our children love being in the bottom. The basket it strong. Only fault we have is that once you have a child underneath, it doesn’t leave much room for a bag.

Purchased in March 2018 for $649.00.

Suitable for RunningYes
Ease of Packing & Storage
Hi Karrissa, thank you for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review. If there is anything we can further assist you with, please contact us on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Perfect

It is very comfortable and easy to carry and assemble. Easy to adjust and reversible option is best. My kid truly enjoys her ride in it. Highly recommended to all my friends.

Purchased in April 2018 at Baby Bunting for $599.00.

Ease of Packing & Storage
Hi Shivleen, thanks for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Terrible pram. Don’t buy one, unless you want to buy ‘better one’ another after just 4 months use.

I bought this pram after brand recommendations from friends/others, and after only 4 months I am completely regretting I listened to them. I am currently looking at better options. While this Pram looks nice, the functionality is disgusting. It’s movability is very difficult and I find I need to ‘pick up’ the pram to get in position to be able to move forward/turn in the right direction, and it’s suspension nonexistent. The wheels are rattley and when going for a walk on a footpath it feels like the pram leans to the left, and must be held very tightly to prevent it from doing so. The wheels are very poor quality - ours are already very dented and near requiring replacement, after light/ day to day use. The straps in the seat are very poor quality in comparison to other brands. It is ridiculous to fold, often gets the front wheels stuck while attempting to fold/unfold it. While it’s labled ‘compact’ it is very far from that. It takes up our entire boot of our large family SUV and the seat does not fold any smaller. It cannot be folded with the seat attatched, despite it saying in the manual it can. The only good thing about this pram is the large capacity basket underneath- it’s just very hard to access at times if your baby is facing you and the ‘bar across the middle’ is poorly positioned. I would not recommended this at all. I’m wondering if I can return mine it’s so bad.

Purchased in June 2018.

Ease of Packing & Storage
Hi Melinda, thank you for your review. We're sorry to hear about your experience, please feel free to contact our consumer care team on 1300 303 330 as we would like to arrange for your stroller to be assessed to see what's going on and get this sorted out for you. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Not as expected

The pram is big, which I think is good for baby as he would be comfy with more space, however this and the materials used for the structure makes it very heavy! The pram would not fit in a medium car boot and it is too heavy to lift (just consider this when buying). At the same time, the structure and wheels are noisy, which is inconvenient especially if baby is sleeping. The front wheels would suddenly touch each other and sometimes get stuck, so you have to push the stroller forward or backwards to unstuck them. I wouldn't recommend this pram.

Hi MariaB, we are very sorry to hear of your experience with our Strider Compact Deluxe stroller. Can you please contact us on 1300 303 330 so we can assist you further. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

This is amazing I love it!

This pram is fantastic! So many different attachments and I’ve even got the capsule car seat and pram insert! So excited to be able to use it for baby!!!
Highly recommend it for anyone who tends to have a busy lifestyle, instead of getting baby in and out of the car you can just unclip the car seat and put it on the pram with out disturbing your precious baby!

Hi S.G, Thank you for your brilliant review and taking the time to leave some valuable feedback. If there is anything we can further assist you with, please contact us on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Amazing pram

This pram is amazing. It’s comfortable for 1 or 2 kids it’s easy to fold up and down. It’s easy to get up gutters and stairs. The large sun protection is great for summer heat and sun with the mesh pocket for airflow. The basket is huge and has a ver easy to access zipper. The wheels are a little wide but definitely fit through every door space. It can have a bassinet or car seat attached but I personally haven’t tried either of those options

Hi Rylie, Thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review and valuable feedback. The Steelcraft Strider Compact has many configurations and you are able to see these on our website. If there is anything we can assist you with in the future please contact us on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Ok pram

First time to purchase a steelcraft pram. It is ok and does what it is meant to do. Is quite difficult to fold sometimes despite it’s one fold function. It is also quite heavy. Good storage space at the bottom of the pram. The wheels now have become squeecky. The thermo cool bamboo fabric is really good. Child is quite comfortable with this pram.

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review Jeni G! Steelcraft products have a 24 month repair warranty, which covers faulty materials & workmanship when used under normal conditions for the warranty period. We will repair the products free of charge within 24 months of purchase however they will need to inspect to see if they are covered by our warranty. Please return your stroller along with your purchase receipt to your place of purchase so that they can arrange for it to be returned to us for inspection or alternatively you can book an appointment directly with one of our fully authorised repair specialists, please see their details below: VIC, Essendon North, 3041, 03 9379 5292, SA, Seaford, 5169, 0407 600 500, QLD, Stafford, 4053, 07 3356 6089, WA, Osborne Park, 6017, 08 9444 7261, NSW, Taren Point, 2229, 1300 308 435, NSW, Brookvale, 2100, 1300 442 229 If you would like to go direct please give our team a call on 1300 303 330 so we can provide you with a reference number. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Reliable stroller i owned my for nearly 3 yrs and my stroller was easy to assemble easy put in my b

The prams proformance was good and every surface expect sand
The suspension was excellent
And comfort of the pram has room for improvement but still an 8/10 for me i would highly recommend this product to any expecting mum i had the compact strider two seater so it defiantly was convenient for my self

Hi Harry, thanks for taking the time to leave such a terrific review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Average

The only positive I’ve found from this pram is that my son is comfortable in it and the suspension is good but apart from that it just seems to be problem after problem. Within the first few days of purchasing it I had to take it back due to the seat attachment getting stuck on which that got replaced and then a few weeks later the front wheels became super squeaky almost like a plastic rubbing against plastic kind of sound, I took it back and it got sent away for repair (almost 2 week turn around) it was alright for the next month or so and now it’s back to the way it was before it got sent away (squeaky again) I’ve only had the pram for 7 months!

Hi Caitlin, thanks for taking the time to leave a review and we're sorry to hear about your experience. Please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330 if you would like us to follow up on this for you. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Best pram!

I tried so many prams out and chose this over all! So easy to fold away and put together and to adjust. Such a great pram to use everywhere and anywhere! A lot of space in the bottom to put things in. Would recommend it to anyone looking for a easy to use pram.

Hi Ash33, thanks for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Second seat

Hi,
Was wondering I purchased a 2016 steelcraft strider compact silver and found out it's been discontinued.
Is there a possibility that I can still purchase the silver second seat compact not the deluxe model range.
I am very particular and want to keep the same colour as my first seat.

Hi Clare, thanks for your question, the Strider Compact second seat - silver is no longer available however the Strider Compact Deluxe Edition second seat is compatible with your stroller. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.If I had the 2016 strider compact frame still wanting to use that frame. But wanted to purchase the black main seat and second seat can that be done and how much pleaseThanks for your reply Clare, the main seat/frame for the Strider Compact range isn't available as a separate item.

Regretful purchase

Purchased this pram after reading mixed reviews and now wish I hadn’t! Handling is atrocious and I only have one child in it at the moment as the matching second seat was out of stock at my local baby store (which I’m now pleased about as I’ve saved wasting more money!)
It feels like your going to snap the pram in half when attempting to manoeuvre up the smallest step. It’s wide and heavy to push compared to other brands. Baby appears to be quite comfortable in the pram which is the only positive. Overall this pram doesn’t manoeuvre easily and feels heavy (bulky) when pushing it.
Hoping to sell and go back to the brand I had for previous child but in their double version

Hi MJM, thanks for taking the time to leave a review! We're sorry to hear that you're unhappy with your stroller please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330 if you would like to discuss this with us. Steelcraft products have a 24 month repair warranty, which covers faulty materials & workmanship when used under normal conditions for the warranty period. We will repair the products free of charge within 24 months of purchase however they will need to inspect to see if they are covered by our warranty. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Good versatile pram

Bought one of these second hand & mostly love it
Purchased this model as hasn’t height adjustable handles (partner and I are both tall) and that it could hold both basssinet and a seat; which can both be adjusted to forward and rear facing as well as reclines to 3 stages.
Easy to collapse and set up.

Downfall - back wheels are wider than the pram so often you’ll fit through somewhere only to bang the back wheels on something.
Removing the seat / bassinet to collapse - means you need to take it off, put it on the ground and then collapse the frame to load into car & then Place seat on top- not great when it’s wet/ dirty ground.

Hi SuzieQ, thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review! The newer model have the adjustable height handle and we have also trimmed approx. 2cm off the width. If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

love hate relationship with this pram

I bought this pram about 3 years ago and only used it for about three months and then only needed a single pram so it has hung in my garage for almost its entire life. I now need a double pusher again so have pulled it down to use it again. I have the steelcraft capsule so I love how easy that is to use with the pram but my baby isn't too keen on the angle of the capsule so prefers to lay flat when not in the car and the seat doesn't allow for 'a want to lay flat' newborn, so I hate that aspect. I am faced with either buying the bassinet, which I don't think is worth it for the short time she will be in it or finding a different solution. When I pulled the pram down, I discovered the footwell was broken so went online to see how to go about fixing it and was surprised to find that this is a common malfunction and the only way to remedy it, is to buy a whole new seat frame which is frustrating. I would not buy this pram again and am disappointed that after I spent so much on it, it hasn't come up to my full expectations.
After I posted this review, I then found out that I cant use the bassinet and the bottom seat at the same time so there goes that idea - I am extremely disappointed with the whole pusher.

Hi Anndee, thanks for taking the time to leave a review! You mentioned that your footrest is broken, this can be repaired by one of our authorised repair centres. If you would like to give us a call on 1300 303 330 we will be able to point you in the right direction. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Comfy ride

I bought this pram after reading a lot of mixed reviews. It's a very light weighted, easy to fold, comfortable pram. The best feature is reversible option, we can keep changing the position as per our requirement. Since the day we bought it, my Kid truly enjoy sitting in her pram. Highly recommended.

Hi Isha, thanks for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.