Steelcraft Strider Compact Deluxe Edition

Steelcraft Strider Compact Deluxe Edition

4.1

• Suitable for Running Yes (35%) · No (65%)
  • Safety
  • Manoeuvrability
  • Ease of Packing & Storage
Micaela J.

Micaela J.South East Queensland, QLD

Absolutely love it!

We bought the strider in 2018 for my daughter. We bought it knowing that we would have children in the future so loved that it could fit two. This year we had twins and panicked because we needed a pram to take our twins. It turned out that the strider could fit two capsules on it meaning it was absolutely perfect for our twins. It is not side by side meaning we can actually fit in doorways and are able to get around easily. The frame is a tad heavy but that’s because it is so sturdy! Would definitely recommend it!

Purchased in August 2018 at Baby Bounce for A$799.00.

Aleysha

AleyshaPerth, WA

It's good but not compact

It's a great sturdy pram, great when it's up and in use however, it takes up a lot of boot space and is quite complex to lift in and out of the boot. I found it more cumbersome than a small stroller.

Purchased at Baby Bunting Physical store for A$700.00.

Lucinda

Lucinda

Fantastic pram, wouldn’t buy anything else!

Purchased in May 2019 at Baby Bunting for A$569.00.

4-Wheel Prams & Strollers

Find out how Steelcraft Strider Compact Deluxe Edition compares to other 4-Wheel Prams & Strollers

Ioanna

IoannaAdelaide

Ok pram but wish it didn't have the leatherette handles and bumber..

Purchased in August 2017 at Baby & Toddler Town for A$799.00.

Zearah McCracken

Zearah McCrackenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Incredibly handy and compact

Was great to see my child through their newborn, infant and toddler years. Easy to use and easy to pack away after use. Great value for money and looks very nice.

Purchased in June 2017 for A$1,200.00.

Obbae L.

Obbae L.South East Queensland, QLD

Perfect for all occasions

We bought this pram and it was above and beyond what we expected. It was easy to assemble and able to fit in all cars from small to large. The adaptors for the capsule made a smooth transition from car to pram. It has advisements for every new mum and dads height. It was easy to control and smooth. The under compartment made it easy to shop with.

Purchased in August 2018 at Baby Bunting for A$699.00.

Nurul L

Nurul LGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Amazing pram

I bought this when I had my second wish I bought it with my first its surprisingly lighter compared to the other prams love it because I can fold it with the double seats!

Purchased in January 2019 at Baby Bunting Physical store for A$800.00.

Katie

KatieMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Good sturdy pram

It’s a good sturdy pram and the fact it’s higher than most means you can wheel it right up to a table and it’s a perfect height. Can be tricky to fold down and you have to wiggle the wheels

Purchased in June 2019 at Baby Bunting Physical store for A$869.00.

Nic

NicSoutheast, SA

This pram is a great price but has a few issues.

Firstly, the pram is too heavy, especially for a mum that has had a c-section. The front wheels are extremely squeaky. It does not steer in a straight line and also very hard to steer with one hand. Also, the harness is very hard to click in and unclick. Not a fan of this pram apart from the price. Would not buy this brand again.

Purchased in June 2019 at Baby Bunting for A$780.00.

Support C.Steelcraft

Review collected in partnership with Steelcraft

Kirsty W.

Kirsty W.Murrumbidgee Region, NSW

Great for multiple kids close in age.

Great with big wheels for those who camp or do a bit of cross country walking.
Love the steering, overall quality and comfort. The only reason I have not given 5 stars is the weight. It's heavier than others in the market.

Purchased in April 2018 at Toys R Us / Babies R Us for A$799.00.

Noni

Noni

Great for walking

I don't drive, so our pram is used daily! Sometimes we're out in it all day. The accessories pack is amazing! Rain cover, wind cover & summer cover, all fit perfectly! Summer cover is 50+ spf rated. Also came with a newborn insert & padding on the shoulder straps. My daughter is happy to sit in it, sometimes even when we are just at home doing nothing! It has been so useful, right from newborn till toddler!
We would be lost without ours!

Purchased in September 2017 at Mr Toys Toyworld for A$650.00.

Ali

AliSydney, NSW

Love it

I have owed 3 strider compacts since having my first baby
The Delux was my favourite! It looks great, so easy to steer, narrow enough for any shopping isle etc. practical and sturdy ! highly recommend

Purchased in January 2017.

Emma B.

Emma B.

Great so far

So far I have found this pram easy to use. I love the size. Its compact yet has plenty of storage. I also purchased the second seat and they both seem to fit perfectly without looking too cramped. Overall I dont have any real complaints with this product.

Purchased in April 2018.

Soha A.

Don't waist your money it was a bad choice to buy this pram

hardly used the pram once i did it start making loud noise had to send for repair for 2 weeks i stayed without a pram they gave me a new one then after few weeks i had the same issue again i couldn't put my baby to sleep the noise was so loud and annoying i send it 3 times for repair and still have the same issue. It was a bad decision to buy this pram I struggled each time I send it for repair and I wish I had a good result . The pram still making noise and it's not smooth while I push my baby is so uncomfortable i was clear that I want my money back because i had enough travelling 40 min in the car to repair it 3 times in less that 6 months and the issue is back again . I do not recomend this pram at all dont waist your money

Purchased in November 2018 at Baby & Toddler Town for A$800.00.

Soha A.

Thank you for your reply I will give you a call .

Soha A.

Thank you for the new stand that you have offered to me hopefully won't have any trouble with the pram .excellent customer service.

Prab

PrabVictoria Park

Great Pram

I bought it from baby bunting for $589. Its comfy for my 9 week old baby and he can see me when Im pushing the pram. There is plenty of space at the bottom of the pram to store anything. And I like the option of adding a second seat. Cons are too heavy and bulky for me. And there is no handle to lift the pram when its folded.

Sera

Sera

Love it!

Absolutely love this pram, It's so cosy.
Its got so much stuff and, Isn't too heavy for transporting it around.
It has so many functions and, Can seriously fold down to a proper stroller size. It takes a corner of my boot up. Best part, The basket is super strong. It holds heaps!!

Purchased in October 2017 at Baby Bunting for A$699.00.

JessMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

The worst

I wish I looked in to reviews before buying this pram it’s horrible I hate it so much the wheels and frame squeak so bad to the point it wakes my little one up. I have had it repaired once and it is now doing the same thing again they said it squeaked because hair was stuck in the axel but this new frame has been used 6 times in the shops and started squeaking. I’m going to get my money back I’m hoping and get a new pram because you don’t expect to pay $800 nearly and it to squeak
Don’t waste your time or money on the crap show I bought this pram in November 18 but only started using it march 19

Purchased in November 2018 at Baby Bunting for A$800.00.

Jess

Not quite what I was hoping for

Very hard to manoeuvre one handed and to navigate through tight turns and aisles. Heavy to lift into the back of the car. I feel this pram would benefit from having lighter wheels. Unfortunately I will be selling my
Pram as it was not what I expected it to be when I bought it.

Purchased in June 2018.

Mercury

MercurySydney, NSW

Very solid but annoying squeaky sound

Purchased in November 2018 at Baby Kingdom for A$700.00.

Support C.Steelcraft

Good but not confident I'd buy again

Purchased in June 2017 at Baby Bunting.

See all Steelcraft Strider Compact reviews

Monique F.

Monique F.asked

Strider Compact Deluxe Edition

Can you have the bassinet with the extender up the top and the second seat down the bottom? Do they fit? Or can it only be a capsule with second seat?

Support C.Steelcraft

Hi Monique F, thanks for your question. We do not recommend using the Bassinet with the second seat at the bottom as there is limited room for the child at the bottom even with the extenders attached. Please see below link where you can see the suggested configurations when using the Strider Compact as a tandem. https://www.britax.com.au/strollers/strider-compact-deluxe-edition-textured-collection/

Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Melinda C.

Melinda C.asked

Strider Compact Deluxe Edition

Where can I find a replacement for the belly bar? My bub has chewed the letherette (plether) off. Is there somewhere I can buy online?

Support C.Steelcraft

Hi Melinda C, for spare parts, pricing and availability, please either email us at au-support@britax.com or call us on 1300 303 330 to leave us a voicemail and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Emma S.

Emma S.asked

Strider Compact Deluxe Edition

Hi I’m wondering if there is a way to attach a Britax Unity capsule down the bottom of the steelcraft strider compact deluxe? I have the second seat option and I also have the converter clips to be able to attach that capsule up the top of the pram but I can’t get the clips to work on the second seat frame down the bottom?

Support C.Steelcraft

Hi Emma S. Thanks for your question. To attach a safe-n-Sound Unity 2013STD at the bottom of a Steelcraft Strider Compact Delxue, you will require a Click & Go Unity Lower frame which is available through baby retail stores. If you have any further questions, please contact our consumer support team on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Get an answer from our members and Steelcraft representatives

Other 4-Wheel Prams & Strollers