Steelcraft Strider Compact Deluxe Edition

Steelcraft Strider Compact Deluxe Edition

Sera

Sera

Love it!

Absolutely love this pram, It's so cosy.
Its got so much stuff and, Isn't too heavy for transporting it around.
It has so many functions and, Can seriously fold down to a proper stroller size. It takes a corner of my boot up. Best part, The basket is super strong. It holds heaps!!

Purchased in October 2017 at Baby Bunting for $699.00.

JessMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

The worst

I wish I looked in to reviews before buying this pram it’s horrible I hate it so much the wheels and frame squeak so bad to the point it wakes my little one up. I have had it repaired once and it is now doing the same thing again they said it squeaked because hair was stuck in the axel but this new frame has been used 6 times in the shops and started squeaking. I’m going to get my money back I’m hoping and get a new pram because you don’t expect to pay $800 nearly and it to squeak
Don’t waste your time or money on the crap show I bought this pram in November 18 but only started using it march 19

Purchased in November 2018 at Baby Bunting for $800.00.

Jess

Not quite what I was hoping for

Very hard to manoeuvre one handed and to navigate through tight turns and aisles. Heavy to lift into the back of the car. I feel this pram would benefit from having lighter wheels. Unfortunately I will be selling my
Pram as it was not what I expected it to be when I bought it.

Purchased in June 2018.

Mercury

MercurySydney, NSW

Very solid but annoying squeaky sound

Purchased in November 2018 at Baby Kingdom for $700.00.

Support C.Steelcraft

Good but not confident I'd buy again

Purchased in June 2017 at Baby Bunting.

laurenorrett

laurenorrettPerth, WA

Great but heavy and bulky

I love this pram. But what I’ve realised is it won’t be great when I am pregnant with my second, i find it abit weighty and not only that the wheels are very large so wouldn’t recommend if you can’t havs a large booted car.

Purchased in January 2019 at Baby Bunting for $789.00.

Support C.Steelcraft

Hi laurenorrett, thanks for taking the time to leave your review and valuable feedback. If there is anything we can assist you with in future, please feel free to contact our consumer support team on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Kylie

KylieSouth East Queensland, QLD

This pram is all you need!

This was the only pram i needed for my son who is now 5!
It was easy to use and pull apart to fit in the car, it went all sorts of terrain - it was great for bushwalks, he was always comfortable and one of the biggest things was when he was a newborn the Capsule went straight from the car to the pram without waking him up!! that in itself was worth every dollar!!!

Purchased in September 2014.

Ebony

EbonySouth East Queensland, QLD

Like it

This pram is pretty good. The only issue I have with it is the size of it once folded. It’s quite big and I find it heavy to put into the back of my car

Purchased in November 2018 at Baby & Toddler Town for $799.00.

Support C.Steelcraft

Hi Ebony, Thanks for taking the time to leave your review and feedback. If we can assist you with anything in future, please feel free to contact our consumer support team on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

JessMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Love my pram!

I purchased the compact strider with the capsule and bassinet attachments and it is so easy and convenient to use.

I love that I don’t have to wake my baby up to put her in the bassinet or seat, I can just take the capsule out the car and clip it in.

Very sturdy and looks lovely! I don’t agree with other reviews that it’s noisy or scratched up. Very light weight. I get mine in and out of the car multiple times a day and I have no issues whatsoever. And I love that you can purchase the second seat and attach at the bottom. I haven’t personally used it but from the pictures it looks like the child sits in the basket, which I’m not so sure about but could be wrong. I will have to look into that in a few months time when we fall pregnant.

Purchased in September 2018 at Baby Bunting Physical store for $838.00.

Paige W.

Paige W.South East Queensland, QLD

East to use, slightly awkward

Love the pram design and quality. Easy to assemble and use. Pram is a bit bulky, heavy and takes up a lot of room once disassembled. The frame is awkward to place in the car and you have to turn it around so the wheels go in first. Baby appears comfortable but a newborn head insert is needed so babies head does not flop around in the seat.
Great manoeuvrability, smooth ride and suspension.
Overall, love this pram, just a few minor flaws.

Purchased in April 2019 at Baby Bunting Physical store for $589.00.

Brittany

Brittany

Unhappy with black frame

Unfortunately the black frame has scratched quite a bit. We have taken care of our product but unfortunately the black coating is very thin and has scratched off. Will have to colour with a texta

Purchased in March 2018.

Support C.Steelcraft

Hi Brittany, thanks for taking the time to leave a review and thanks for your feedback. If we can assist with anything in the future please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

lynn

lynnPerth, WA

love it

i bought it second hand for grandson after looking at lots of others.this one fitted into small car. its sturdy and folds easily, plenty of room and well built. i much prefer it to the fancy expensive one my daughter has !

Purchased in March 2013.

Support C.Steelcraft

Hi Lynn, thanks so much for taking the time to leave such a great review. If you need anything in the future please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330, kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

ShayeC

ShayeCGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible... so clunky and squeaky!

I am annoyed at myself for not looking into reviews and really researching prams before committing to this one. It's so clunky, doesn't manouver well and has the most annoying squeak when you turn it. I recent purchased a stroller for a holiday and I haven't used my pram since because of how difficult it is to use. So disappointed.

Purchased in May 2018 for $700.00.

Balwinder K.

Balwinder K.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Love it

I used steelcraft for my 8 years old . And now I am using it for me 1 year old. Very strong and very impressive design. Very easy to fold and fit in car boot.

Purchased in March 2008.

Support C.Steelcraft

Hi Balwinder, thanks so much for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review. If you need anything in the future please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330, kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

SarahGascoyne, WA

Waste of money

Brought this pram 6 months ago after having our second child.
After going from my mountain buggy to this I was very disappointed with its performance. It’s big and bulky and hard to get in the back of the car. It covered do not come off so you can not wash them.
It only goes well over hard soft surfaces, any dirt or sand it just gets stuck. It does not go well up curbs and your child almost flys out the front and 6 months in the two clips which pop out to hold the pram together got jammed and don’t come out anymore so I’m back to my mountain buggy and my 2 year old has to suck it up and walk!
Would never recommend this pram.
I haven’t bothered contacting them as I can not find my recipt

Purchased in August 2018 for $1,000.00.

Phillip Amy RowleyHunter Region, NSW

So disappointed

My strider is 12 months old it has been repaired once already due to the fold handle becoming loose and the frame not locking properly so when your walking one side of the frame would start collapsing. I've always had striders but I can honestly say this is the worst strider I have ever owned. My frame is now creeking when I walk and the fold handles are coming loose again. I feel like I should have spent my $700 on a mountain buggy

Purchased in March 2017 at Baby Bunting for $699.00.

Phillip Amy Rowley

I have just phoned and the only thing they have offered me is another repair I'm so furious that I have spent $700 on a pram used it for not even 12 months and I'm having issues and nothing is getting done about it

Support C.Steelcraft

We're sorry to hear that you're unhappy however we will need to have your stroller assessed before we can make any further decisions.

Amy P.Tasmania

Disappointing

I'm so disappointed in this pram. I thought I did enough research to make an informed decision but apparently not! The pram is absolutley shocking on any terrain that is not super smooth - the suspension is non-existent and the wheels literally sound/feel like they are going to fall of when it goes over the slightest bump. Its heavy, the bassinet attachment wobbles like its not in securely (even though it is) the ride for my son is ridiculously bumpy and the front wheels pull to the left. So disappointed. Have only been using it for 5 weeks.

Purchased in November 2018 for $799.00.

Amy P.

Thanks, I called and I have to return it to the place I purchased it from as you don't have a service center in Tasmania. They will forward it on to you. So it will be weeks I will likely be without my pram. Not overly impressive.

Support C.Steelcraft

Thanks Amy, can you place of purchase offer you a loan stroller for use while your stroller is in transit? I'd give them a call and see if they can help.

Emma

EmmaSydney, NSW

Perfect Pram

Great pram from newborn to toddler, our purchase came with the second seat which will be good for future babies comes in 3 colour options with rain and sun cover

Purchased in April 2018.

Support C.Steelcraft

Hi Emma, thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review. If we can be of any assistance in the future please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Maya

MayaSouth East Queensland, QLD

So disappointed

I am so disappointed with this stroller. I have been using it for less then 2 and a half months with my baby who is now 4 months old and i wish i had not bought it :(
It is so creaky and really embarrssing to push around. Im constantly cringing when i have to roll it into a quiet space.. honestly wouldnt recommend it.. im so sad because its not cheap and looks beautiful but i just feel so anxious when i take it out because of the noises it makes.. my baby also wakes up in it because of the creaking when i try to roll it into a quiet library as i need to go there regularly for uni and get stares from others around me...

Purchased in February 2019.

Amanda

AmandaSydney Surrounds, NSW

It ok

Nothing compact about it! It’s a bit bulky and a pain to take apart and put it back together. The straps look super uncomfortable for baby (but baby doesn’t seem to mind) and it starts squeaking and creaking pretty quickly. Smooth ride though !

Purchased in January 2019 at Baby Kingdom for $700.00.

See all Steelcraft Strider Compact reviews