Steelcraft Strider Compact Deluxe Edition

Steelcraft Strider Compact Deluxe Edition

• Suitable for Running Yes (32%) · No (68%)
  • Safety
  • Manoeuvrability
  • Ease of Packing & Storage

Obbae L.

Obbae L.South East Queensland, QLD

Perfect for all occasions

We bought this pram and it was above and beyond what we expected. It was easy to assemble and able to fit in all cars from small to large. The adaptors for the capsule made a smooth transition from car to pram. It has advisements for every new mum and dads height. It was easy to control and smooth. The under compartment made it easy to shop with.

Purchased in August 2018 at Baby Bunting for $699.00.

Nurul L

Nurul LGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Amazing pram

I bought this when I had my second wish I bought it with my first its surprisingly lighter compared to the other prams love it because I can fold it with the double seats!

Purchased in January 2019 at Baby Bunting Physical store for $800.00.

Katie

KatieMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Good sturdy pram

It’s a good sturdy pram and the fact it’s higher than most means you can wheel it right up to a table and it’s a perfect height. Can be tricky to fold down and you have to wiggle the wheels

Purchased in June 2019 at Baby Bunting Physical store for $869.00.

Nic

NicSoutheast, SA

This pram is a great price but has a few issues.

Firstly, the pram is too heavy, especially for a mum that has had a c-section. The front wheels are extremely squeaky. It does not steer in a straight line and also very hard to steer with one hand. Also, the harness is very hard to click in and unclick. Not a fan of this pram apart from the price. Would not buy this brand again.

Purchased in June 2019 at Baby Bunting for $780.00.

Support C.Steelcraft

Review collected in partnership with Steelcraft

Kirsty W.Murrumbidgee Region, NSW

Great for multiple kids close in age.

Great with big wheels for those who camp or do a bit of cross country walking.
Love the steering, overall quality and comfort. The only reason I have not given 5 stars is the weight. It's heavier than others in the market.

Purchased in April 2018 at Toys R Us / Babies R Us for $799.00.

Noni

Noni

Great for walking

I don't drive, so our pram is used daily! Sometimes we're out in it all day. The accessories pack is amazing! Rain cover, wind cover & summer cover, all fit perfectly! Summer cover is 50+ spf rated. Also came with a newborn insert & padding on the shoulder straps. My daughter is happy to sit in it, sometimes even when we are just at home doing nothing! It has been so useful, right from newborn till toddler!
We would be lost without ours!

Purchased in September 2017 at Mr Toys Toyworld for $650.00.

Ali

AliSydney, NSW

Love it

I have owed 3 strider compacts since having my first baby
The Delux was my favourite! It looks great, so easy to steer, narrow enough for any shopping isle etc. practical and sturdy ! highly recommend

Purchased in January 2017.

Emma B.

Emma B.

Great so far

So far I have found this pram easy to use. I love the size. Its compact yet has plenty of storage. I also purchased the second seat and they both seem to fit perfectly without looking too cramped. Overall I dont have any real complaints with this product.

Purchased in April 2018.

Soha A.

Don't waist your money it was a bad choice to buy this pram

hardly used the pram once i did it start making loud noise had to send for repair for 2 weeks i stayed without a pram they gave me a new one then after few weeks i had the same issue again i couldn't put my baby to sleep the noise was so loud and annoying i send it 3 times for repair and still have the same issue. It was a bad decision to buy this pram I struggled each time I send it for repair and I wish I had a good result . The pram still making noise and it's not smooth while I push my baby is so uncomfortable i was clear that I want my money back because i had enough travelling 40 min in the car to repair it 3 times in less that 6 months and the issue is back again . I do not recomend this pram at all dont waist your money

Purchased in November 2018 at Baby & Toddler Town for $800.00.

Soha A.

Thank you for your reply I will give you a call .

Soha A.

Thank you for the new stand that you have offered to me hopefully won't have any trouble with the pram .excellent customer service.

Prab

PrabVictoria Park

Great Pram

I bought it from baby bunting for $589. Its comfy for my 9 week old baby and he can see me when Im pushing the pram. There is plenty of space at the bottom of the pram to store anything. And I like the option of adding a second seat. Cons are too heavy and bulky for me. And there is no handle to lift the pram when its folded.

Sera

Sera

Love it!

Absolutely love this pram, It's so cosy.
Its got so much stuff and, Isn't too heavy for transporting it around.
It has so many functions and, Can seriously fold down to a proper stroller size. It takes a corner of my boot up. Best part, The basket is super strong. It holds heaps!!

Purchased in October 2017 at Baby Bunting for $699.00.

JessMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

The worst

I wish I looked in to reviews before buying this pram it’s horrible I hate it so much the wheels and frame squeak so bad to the point it wakes my little one up. I have had it repaired once and it is now doing the same thing again they said it squeaked because hair was stuck in the axel but this new frame has been used 6 times in the shops and started squeaking. I’m going to get my money back I’m hoping and get a new pram because you don’t expect to pay $800 nearly and it to squeak
Don’t waste your time or money on the crap show I bought this pram in November 18 but only started using it march 19

Purchased in November 2018 at Baby Bunting for $800.00.

Jess

Not quite what I was hoping for

Very hard to manoeuvre one handed and to navigate through tight turns and aisles. Heavy to lift into the back of the car. I feel this pram would benefit from having lighter wheels. Unfortunately I will be selling my
Pram as it was not what I expected it to be when I bought it.

Purchased in June 2018.

Mercury

MercurySydney, NSW

Very solid but annoying squeaky sound

Purchased in November 2018 at Baby Kingdom for $700.00.

Support C.Steelcraft

Good but not confident I'd buy again

Purchased in June 2017 at Baby Bunting.

laurenorrett

laurenorrettPerth, WA

Great but heavy and bulky

I love this pram. But what I’ve realised is it won’t be great when I am pregnant with my second, i find it abit weighty and not only that the wheels are very large so wouldn’t recommend if you can’t havs a large booted car.

Purchased in January 2019 at Baby Bunting for $789.00.

Support C.Steelcraft

Hi laurenorrett, thanks for taking the time to leave your review and valuable feedback. If there is anything we can assist you with in future, please feel free to contact our consumer support team on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Kylie

KylieSouth East Queensland, QLD

This pram is all you need!

This was the only pram i needed for my son who is now 5!
It was easy to use and pull apart to fit in the car, it went all sorts of terrain - it was great for bushwalks, he was always comfortable and one of the biggest things was when he was a newborn the Capsule went straight from the car to the pram without waking him up!! that in itself was worth every dollar!!!

Purchased in September 2014.

Ebony

EbonySouth East Queensland, QLD

Like it

This pram is pretty good. The only issue I have with it is the size of it once folded. It’s quite big and I find it heavy to put into the back of my car

Purchased in November 2018 at Baby & Toddler Town for $799.00.

Support C.Steelcraft

Hi Ebony, Thanks for taking the time to leave your review and feedback. If we can assist you with anything in future, please feel free to contact our consumer support team on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

JessMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Love my pram!

I purchased the compact strider with the capsule and bassinet attachments and it is so easy and convenient to use.

I love that I don’t have to wake my baby up to put her in the bassinet or seat, I can just take the capsule out the car and clip it in.

Very sturdy and looks lovely! I don’t agree with other reviews that it’s noisy or scratched up. Very light weight. I get mine in and out of the car multiple times a day and I have no issues whatsoever. And I love that you can purchase the second seat and attach at the bottom. I haven’t personally used it but from the pictures it looks like the child sits in the basket, which I’m not so sure about but could be wrong. I will have to look into that in a few months time when we fall pregnant.

Purchased in September 2018 at Baby Bunting Physical store for $838.00.

Paige W.

Paige W.South East Queensland, QLD

East to use, slightly awkward

Love the pram design and quality. Easy to assemble and use. Pram is a bit bulky, heavy and takes up a lot of room once disassembled. The frame is awkward to place in the car and you have to turn it around so the wheels go in first. Baby appears comfortable but a newborn head insert is needed so babies head does not flop around in the seat.
Great manoeuvrability, smooth ride and suspension.
Overall, love this pram, just a few minor flaws.

Purchased in April 2019 at Baby Bunting Physical store for $589.00.

See all Steelcraft Strider Compact reviews

Angel S

Angel Sasked

Hi just wondering what capsule adapters I need to attach a steel craft capsule? Is it true you can use a Maxi Cosi capsule on a strider deluxe edition? I heard it from someone but I’m not sure I beleive it.

Kirsty W.

I heard they were working towards making them more compatible but I'm not certain. However there are such things as Universal adapter's and they work with just about any combination but they are literally just straps you do up

Support C.Steelcraft

Hi Angel S, thanks for your question. The Steelcraft Strider Compact Deluxe Edition does not require adapters when using the Steelcraft capsule on the main top position of the pram frame. Extenders are only required when using two seats at once p the product. To our knowledge, the Maxi Cosi capsule has not been tested to be used with the Steelcraft products. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact our consumer support team on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Jaymie F.

Jaymie F.asked

I'm due in about 4 weeks and was thinking of purchasing this pram but I was just curious, is it suitable for a newborn without the bassinet and capsule attachment?

Support C.Steelcraft

Hi Jaymie F. Thanks for your question. The Steelcraft Strider Compact Deluxe Edition main seat is suitable from Birth to 20kg (approx.)

Tiff

Tiffasked

Will a strider compact second seat fit onto the strider deluxe edition for a second seat?

Support C.Steelcraft

Hi Tiff, Thanks for your question. Yes, a Steelcraft Strider Compact Second seat will fit into a Strider Compact Deluxe Edition second connection section. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact our consumer support team on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Get an answer from our members and Steelcraft representatives

Download manual