Steelcraft Strider Compact Deluxe Edition

Steelcraft Strider Compact Deluxe Edition

It ok

Nothing compact about it! It’s a bit bulky and a pain to take apart and put it back together. The straps look super uncomfortable for baby (but baby doesn’t seem to mind) and it starts squeaking and creaking pretty quickly. Smooth ride though !

Purchased in January 2019 at Baby Kingdom for $700.00.

Ease of Packing & Storage
Hi Amanda, thanks for taking the time to leave a review and we're sorry to hear about your experience. Steelcraft products have a 24 month repair warranty, which covers faulty materials & workmanship when used under normal conditions for the warranty period. We will repair the products free of charge within 24 months of purchase however they will need to inspect to see if they are covered by our warranty. Please return your stroller along with your purchase receipt to your place of purchase so that they can arrange for it to be returned to us for assessment. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Comfortable and easy to push.

This pram is comfortable to use with the adjustable handle allowing my husband and I to set it at two different positions for comfort. It’s so easy to push around that you can comfortably push the pram around a shop one handed while handing your baby in the other hand.
Sooo much storage room that I haven’t had to worry when walking in to the supermarket and buying multiple items.
The bassinet is super light and stable allowing me to use in without the pram at friends houses and my son has plenty of room in there. Only down side is that it takes up half my car boot but I Still love it as it’s easy to fold and light to lift in to the car boot.

Purchased in July 2018.

Ease of Packing & Storage
Thanks Danielle for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Not Compact at all

I have been using for 8 months. I'm not sure why its called compact because its far from compact. It's very heavy to get in and out of car and to push. When you pack it down it gets all scratched up on the front bars so it looks terrible within days of using. Not easy to maneuver around.
One of the front wheels randomly fell of during use one day.
On the plus side my baby seems comfortable in it and besides the wheel falling off its quite sturdy.

Purchased in January 2018 at Baby Bunting Physical store for $640.00.

Ease of Packing & Storage
Hi Shell, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Can you please give us a call on 1300 303 330 so we can discuss the wheel issue with you in further detail, Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Best baby purchase I made

I purchased the strider compact duluxe and have been more than happy with it. This was the most expensive item I purchased but has been 100% worth it. Extremely easy to use, feels nice and solid, has great manoeuvrability, solid wheels so no flats. Easy to swap between a capsule, bassinet, pram seat etc. Also has the option the convert to a double. Highly recommend and would buy again if needed to. Definitely shop around for best price tho.

Purchased in July 2018 at Country kids Ballarat for $479.00.

Suitable for RunningYes
Ease of Packing & Storage
Hi Rach, thanks for taking the time to leave such a terrific review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Perfect

It is very comfortable and easy to carry and assemble. Easy to adjust and reversible option is best. My kid truly enjoys her ride in it. Highly recommended to all my friends.

Purchased in April 2018 at Baby Bunting for $599.00.

Ease of Packing & Storage
Hi Shivleen, thanks for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Terrible pram. Don’t buy one, unless you want to buy ‘better one’ another after just 4 months use.

I bought this pram after brand recommendations from friends/others, and after only 4 months I am completely regretting I listened to them. I am currently looking at better options. While this Pram looks nice, the functionality is disgusting. It’s movability is very difficult and I find I need to ‘pick up’ the pram to get in position to be able to move forward/turn in the right direction, and it’s suspension nonexistent. The wheels are rattley and when going for a walk on a footpath it feels like the pram leans to the left, and must be held very tightly to prevent it from doing so. The wheels are very poor quality - ours are already very dented and near requiring replacement, after light/ day to day use. The straps in the seat are very poor quality in comparison to other brands. It is ridiculous to fold, often gets the front wheels stuck while attempting to fold/unfold it. While it’s labled ‘compact’ it is very far from that. It takes up our entire boot of our large family SUV and the seat does not fold any smaller. It cannot be folded with the seat attatched, despite it saying in the manual it can. The only good thing about this pram is the large capacity basket underneath- it’s just very hard to access at times if your baby is facing you and the ‘bar across the middle’ is poorly positioned. I would not recommended this at all. I’m wondering if I can return mine it’s so bad.

Purchased in June 2018.

Ease of Packing & Storage
Hi Melinda, thank you for your review. We're sorry to hear about your experience, please feel free to contact our consumer care team on 1300 303 330 as we would like to arrange for your stroller to be assessed to see what's going on and get this sorted out for you. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Not as expected

The pram is big, which I think is good for baby as he would be comfy with more space, however this and the materials used for the structure makes it very heavy! The pram would not fit in a medium car boot and it is too heavy to lift (just consider this when buying). At the same time, the structure and wheels are noisy, which is inconvenient especially if baby is sleeping. The front wheels would suddenly touch each other and sometimes get stuck, so you have to push the stroller forward or backwards to unstuck them. I wouldn't recommend this pram.

Hi MariaB, we are very sorry to hear of your experience with our Strider Compact Deluxe stroller. Can you please contact us on 1300 303 330 so we can assist you further. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

This is amazing I love it!

This pram is fantastic! So many different attachments and I’ve even got the capsule car seat and pram insert! So excited to be able to use it for baby!!!
Highly recommend it for anyone who tends to have a busy lifestyle, instead of getting baby in and out of the car you can just unclip the car seat and put it on the pram with out disturbing your precious baby!

Hi S.G, Thank you for your brilliant review and taking the time to leave some valuable feedback. If there is anything we can further assist you with, please contact us on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Ok pram

First time to purchase a steelcraft pram. It is ok and does what it is meant to do. Is quite difficult to fold sometimes despite it’s one fold function. It is also quite heavy. Good storage space at the bottom of the pram. The wheels now have become squeecky. The thermo cool bamboo fabric is really good. Child is quite comfortable with this pram.

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review Jeni G! Steelcraft products have a 24 month repair warranty, which covers faulty materials & workmanship when used under normal conditions for the warranty period. We will repair the products free of charge within 24 months of purchase however they will need to inspect to see if they are covered by our warranty. Please return your stroller along with your purchase receipt to your place of purchase so that they can arrange for it to be returned to us for inspection or alternatively you can book an appointment directly with one of our fully authorised repair specialists, please see their details below: VIC, Essendon North, 3041, 03 9379 5292, SA, Seaford, 5169, 0407 600 500, QLD, Stafford, 4053, 07 3356 6089, WA, Osborne Park, 6017, 08 9444 7261, NSW, Taren Point, 2229, 1300 308 435, NSW, Brookvale, 2100, 1300 442 229 If you would like to go direct please give our team a call on 1300 303 330 so we can provide you with a reference number. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Reliable stroller i owned my for nearly 3 yrs and my stroller was easy to assemble easy put in my b

The prams proformance was good and every surface expect sand
The suspension was excellent
And comfort of the pram has room for improvement but still an 8/10 for me i would highly recommend this product to any expecting mum i had the compact strider two seater so it defiantly was convenient for my self

Hi Harry, thanks for taking the time to leave such a terrific review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Average

The only positive I’ve found from this pram is that my son is comfortable in it and the suspension is good but apart from that it just seems to be problem after problem. Within the first few days of purchasing it I had to take it back due to the seat attachment getting stuck on which that got replaced and then a few weeks later the front wheels became super squeaky almost like a plastic rubbing against plastic kind of sound, I took it back and it got sent away for repair (almost 2 week turn around) it was alright for the next month or so and now it’s back to the way it was before it got sent away (squeaky again) I’ve only had the pram for 7 months!

Hi Caitlin, thanks for taking the time to leave a review and we're sorry to hear about your experience. Please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330 if you would like us to follow up on this for you. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Best pram!

I tried so many prams out and chose this over all! So easy to fold away and put together and to adjust. Such a great pram to use everywhere and anywhere! A lot of space in the bottom to put things in. Would recommend it to anyone looking for a easy to use pram.

Hi Ash33, thanks for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Regretful purchase

Purchased this pram after reading mixed reviews and now wish I hadn’t! Handling is atrocious and I only have one child in it at the moment as the matching second seat was out of stock at my local baby store (which I’m now pleased about as I’ve saved wasting more money!)
It feels like your going to snap the pram in half when attempting to manoeuvre up the smallest step. It’s wide and heavy to push compared to other brands. Baby appears to be quite comfortable in the pram which is the only positive. Overall this pram doesn’t manoeuvre easily and feels heavy (bulky) when pushing it.
Hoping to sell and go back to the brand I had for previous child but in their double version

Hi MJM, thanks for taking the time to leave a review! We're sorry to hear that you're unhappy with your stroller please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330 if you would like to discuss this with us. Steelcraft products have a 24 month repair warranty, which covers faulty materials & workmanship when used under normal conditions for the warranty period. We will repair the products free of charge within 24 months of purchase however they will need to inspect to see if they are covered by our warranty. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Comfy ride

I bought this pram after reading a lot of mixed reviews. It's a very light weighted, easy to fold, comfortable pram. The best feature is reversible option, we can keep changing the position as per our requirement. Since the day we bought it, my Kid truly enjoy sitting in her pram. Highly recommended.

Hi Isha, thanks for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Difficult to manoeuvre compared to other brands

Found this pram difficult to manoeuvre, clunky to push around, get up or down one small stair, turn around in a small space, or move through a shop for example. Also extremely squeaky. I have to lift up the pram to get it to move in the direction I want.

Hi Michelle, thanks for taking the time to leave a review! Please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330 if you would like to discuss your stroller with us. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.Thank you Steelcraft. In April 2018 I got the pram shipped by steelcraft to a repairer for the above and a malfunctioning hood. All was fixed and customer service was 10/10 but now the above problems exist again... I just feel like it will continue until my warranty runs out so not sure what to do.Thanks for your reply Michelle, please give us a call on 1300 303 330 so we can point you in the right direction.

Squeaky and rattles

Wanted to love this pram as had all the features I was after- INterchangable with car capsule, large basket underneath, adjustable handle height- but all of that didn't matter when u have a newborn and a squeaky wheel- people could hear us coming - and his did not help any sleep! Shop gave us a loaner whilepram was being fixed- came back unfixed, was replaced, next pram rattles when's pushing baby back and forth to get to sleep, shop suggested silicone spray which helps a little bit has to be resprayed every few weeks and has a strong smell- not ideal for a new pram and new born baby-think about how you will use he pram and give it a good back and forth rock in the shop before buying!

Hi Dani, thanks for taking the time to leave a review! It certainly doesn't right, is it possible for you to please give us a call on 1300 303 330 so we have your stroller returned to our head office for a full assessment? Thanks in advance, kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Bad design of soft wheel material

Brand new pram purchased from Baby Bunting. Otherwise good pram. Placed in boot of car and front wheel must have leant against something solid resulting in about a 1cm deformation of the circumference of the soft tyre. Now goes thud/thud continuously when rotating - unusable. Recommended heat treatment did not improve. Called Britax. They advised they product manual says to not allow pressure on wheels continuously when stored, therefore not covered under warranty so had to buy a replacement wheel. A known design problem. Retailers like Baby Bunting should warn customers, but if they did no-one would buy this product.

Hi Freelancer1956, thanks for taking the time to leave a review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Perfect!

I love the Strider Compact Deluxe! Since the day we bought it, it has had a nice smooth ride, is strong and sturdy. I love the large wheels which are great on all kinds of terrain. The seat is extremely comfortable and the newborn pack has been fabulous (we still haven't removed it at 10 months)! The fabric is great quality, always looks nice and is easy to wipe clean if there are any spills. I would recommend this pram to any new mum!!

Hi Liz, thanks for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Question a little annoyed

Just wondering if there is a way I can replace the top seat as the foot rest on mine has snapped and it’s only 8months old? My sister in-law purchased the pram for me so I don’t have a receipt for it which is so frustrating I also can’t send it off as I don’t have a spare pram for the mean time and with 2 kids I need my pram!

Hi Liz, thanks for your question. Baby Bunting should be able to assist you with a copy of your purchase receipt, the footrest pivots are not normally cover under warranty as in our experience that only way these break is when excessive weight is applied. If you'd like to give us a call we would be happy to provide you with your nearest specialist repair centre detail. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Sturdy, smooth and cosy but bulky.

Bought this pram after reading a lot of mixed reviews. This pram is strong, sturdy and has large wheels which make it easier to use on rough terrain. The seat has good padding and my baby is so comfortable in it. It has got 2nd seat option which is useful for people with a toddler and a baby. The basket underneath is so spacious. Has got rain and sun covers. The cons of this pram is that it is too bulky. The frame alone is around 10kg and it is not at all compact when folded. It is also not easy to fold with a single hand. Also it doesn't recline completely for a newborn. It comes with a newborn insert but still not flat. Not very stylish as well.

Hi Rj, thanks for taking the time to leave a review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

See all Steelcraft Strider Compact reviews