British Paints Ceiling Paint

British Paints Ceiling Paint

Painted large bedroom ceiling with cornice and rose

Paint went on well and came up beautiful white. I used a large good quality brush and a synthetic roller on a pole - paint went on quickly and dried fast. In my opinion it's not too thin for brush work (I had a lot of that to do) - and it didn't drip everywhere from the roller..

I am honestly not sure how these other reviewers are such experiences - I am buying this paint to do the rest of my house.

Purchased in October 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $50.00.

Painted SurfacePreviously painted
Linda B.British Paints

Hi Matt
Great to hear of your experience with British Paint Ceiling Paint, if you have more projects in mind, call our Help & Advice team on 13 25 25 (option 2), who will be more than willing to help! Regards The British Team

Greg

GregSouth East Queensland, QLD

Don’t paint your houses with this stuff

I bought British paints as recommended by Bunnings staff, 4 Coats to do a small room and this is painting over white, same problems painting my bathroom, it’s patchy does not cover well. Very annoyed at Bunnings, won’t give me my money back or replace. NEVER AGAIN will I use this paint.

Purchased in February 2019 for $350.00.

Painted SurfacePlasterboard and Previously painted
DuluxGroup A.British Paints

Waste of money and time

I previously used dulux and quality and finish were always great, used british paint 15 litre clean and protect and 15 litre ceiling paint recommended by bunnings staff and needed 4-5 five coats and it was patchy and a poor finish, then i found this review and realized british paints is an inferior product and should at least refund all the customers their money for an inferior product and both british paints and bunnings should be sued for selling such poor quality products.

Ron. K

Ron. K

Not bad at all.

Good ceiling paint. Used 15 litres for bedrooms lounge room and hallways throughout my house. As with any ceiling paint preparation is the key.. This product rolls well and coverage is pretty good. Have used dulux taubmans and wattle over the many years and this product stacks up alright.... Will definitely use again...

infinity

infinityAU

Good ceiling paint for money

I bought the paint in 15 litres tub as was cheaper than other brands at bunnings which was painted by retired tradie. Everything now looks good and no problems so far. No strong smell neither. I will use it again in future if I have to if price is cheaper.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Charlotte

CharlotteBrisbane

White not so white

So it turns out white ceiling paint is a lot whiter than white wall paint, making the walls look yellow-ish, now I will need to paint the ceiling again, which is a huge amount of work.
Will not be buying again this product ever again, what a waste of money and energy...

Date PurchasedAug 2018

MarinaBrisbane

If I knew what I know now...

Just came across reviews of this paint and painful memories resurfaced vividly in my head. I had to repaint dining room ceiling after a small chunk of gyprock fell off along with light fitting. Brought that piece to Bunnings and asked to colour match. Long story short - I ended up repainting the whole ceiling. Painting was not easy, paint was drying fast and we still had visible patches after two coats. We had to apply one more coat, which improved overall look, but the ceiling can still look blotchy during sunny days due to reflection off the ground.

Date PurchasedJan 2013
Marina

Ceiling was washed with sugar soap and just water afterwards until clean. I said what I wanted to say for a number of years. To achieve the great result I just won't buy British paints any more, simple.

Smelly, patchy paint.

Be warned this is a rubbish paint and smells like a dead rodent. Cutting in is much darker than the roller areas and the texture of the surfaces varies wildly regardless of how you apply it. Bunnings and British Paints should be embarrassed to sell it. Back to Dulux for me. The smell is disgusting weeks after application when the ceiling warms up. It has happened now in two separate rooms painted weeks apart. It is not a coincidence.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Garth M.British Paints

Hi Brad, we are sorry to hear you are not satisfied with our paint. We appreciate your feedback and would like to assist you. Please call our Customer Support team on 13 25 25. We ant to ensure we can help you. British Paints

Find a different paint

My son inlaw brought british paints having had it reccommened by the bunnings team, unfortunatly serious bad outcome, there is no integrity either with bunnings team or British paints team, blaming the consumer for a bad outcome rather than looking at their own product is not a good look, some serious bad management..."trust British Paints, sure can" there catch phrase, no longer applies, find a different paint..

Date PurchasedNov 2017
NickBritish Paints

Worst decision I have made in a long time.

Terrible paint, patchy after 3 coats loading heaps of paint on the roller, tried different rollers, still no better - so demoralizing, all the effort and $500+ spent for such a poor result. Wall paint was barely any better, again three coat minimum on good condition walls. Should have stuck with Dulux, never had any issue before and two coats has nearly always been sufficient.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
NickBritish Paints

Worst product ever, will cost thousands to fix

Worst product ever, looks patchy after a few coats, turns out its textured my ceiling and now i need to replace my ceiling or hand sand all the paint off and start again. this well known brand will cost me 5000 to fix and 2 weeks of my life. Never ever go near this useless product. worst mistake i ever made. it would have been cheaper to pay a tradie to do the whole house

Date PurchasedDec 2017
NickBritish Paints

So much work for such bad results

This is the worse paint I’ve ever used I have painted nearly all the inside of my house and never had any problems before till using British Paint low sheen taking this half tin back to Bunnnngs and hoping they can help, the cutting in dried very dark and the walls are patchy and streaked, so very disappointing.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Jac
Jac

All sorted apparently they put the wrong base in the paint and that’s why the results were so bad all replaced the paint, now to give it a second shot.

rastas472Murwillumbah

Should have read this first!

I bought a 10 litre tin of this stuff yesterday from Bunnings, but after reading these reviews it's being returned this morning before I open it. I'll spend a little more and buy Dulux I think! Been there and done that before with cheap paint, and I don't want to spend more time than I have to with a Roller up in the air.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
rastas472

Another generic reply by the looks. Read my review before you reply. I haven't 'had that experience' as yet. I will be returning the product before opening it after reading everyone else's reviews on it!!

Terrible paint

Waste of money. This brand is rubbish.
We have to paint all ceilings and walls again. Although washed all the walls with sugar soap prior painting but still it didn't cover anything...

I don't know why staff at Bunnings even suggested this brand when clearly it's a RUBBISH brand.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
NickBritish Paints

Hi There, We are sorry to hear you didn't have a good experience with our Ceiling Paint. We would like to find out more information and help. If you get a chance could you call us on 13 25 25? Regards, The British Paints Team

Geo

GeoAdeaide

I ve used the expensive reconized top brands & never had good results when it comes to ceiling paint

No. & 1 coat is such a decieptive way to advertise these top line ceiling paints.
Its false advertising . It usually takes 2 to 4 coats to cover properly. Cheaper no brand ceiling whites are much better & 2 coats & you done.So save your money, time & energy. Go the no name brands

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Keith and Anne GInnisfail

British Paints

Not happy with the finish, there is none, 1 prep coat, 2 tops coats low sheen and 2 topcoats flat ceiling paint and still rollermarks in paint.Not happy
At all wish i had read the reviews could have saved myself a heap of cash, not sure what to use next

Date PurchasedMay 2017
NickBritish Paints

Hi Keith and Anne, we're sorry about your experience and we want to help. Please contact us on 13 25 25 and our Customer Service Team will help come to a solution for you.

Keith and Anne G

We did already contact the customer service team to no avail.

LYS

LYSTerrigal

Getting frustrated

I've now applied 4 coats to the ceiling in the hallway and I too am having problems with it being patchy and not covering well. It's looks translucent even after 4 coats. I made sure the roller was covered with lots of paint second coat around but when it dried I had the same issue with it. Frustrated :(

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Worked well for me..

Very happy with the results. I have a very high ceiling and the previous paint had gone yellowish and I really only wanted to do one coat. This paint covered very well, was thick and easy to use. I took time and it looks great. I Will definitely use again!

Date PurchasedDec 2016

MoloneySunshine Coast

Worst ceiling paint ever.

We bought 15 litres and applied 3 coats to the ceiling and it still looked patchy. 3 coats should do the job even on raw plasterboard!!. Save yourself the heartache (and a lot of energy) and go with a better brand. Bunnings gave us our money back and we went with Dulux. Will never buy British Paints again.

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Moloney

Hubby is a professional painter (20 years). The quality just isn't there with this product. Thankfully Bunnings refunded us.

Moloney

You've had so many bad reviews on this product. Why not just fix it and make a better ceiling paint, or stop selling it? It's damaging your reputation for all your products.

James

JamesMelbourne

I used British paint (ceiling paint )

I used british paints on my house and found the paint was of good quality. I would use this product again as it lasted for a few years so far without problems

Purchased in April 2016 at The CPAP Clinic Physical store for $100.00.

Painted SurfacePlasterboard
Longevity

Dazzle

Dazzleasked

can i thin British Paints Ceiling Paint Flat Acrylic. My 4ltr tin was right down to say 1/8th left, and my son left the top ajar (would of been a few months). Its now much more viscous. I only want to use this paint to touch up a few marks in the ceiling.

rtsironis

We can only recommend using the products in the condition they are sold.
Any alteration to the formula by the consumer can thereafter not be guaranteed.

Hi Dazzle,
We can only recommend using the products in the condition they are sold in. If you make any alteration to the formula, we cannot guarantee what the results will be like. Our recommendation would be to purchase a 100ml sample size pot of the British Paints Flat Ceiling Paint which may be enough paint to meet your touch-up needs.
Happy painting!

Plaster pro

Plaster proasked

Hi just opened a brand new 10 l of the ceiling paint with primer. It's the consistency of jelly or custard. I've stirred a small amount for 5 minutes straight it starts to loosen up by the time I'm dipping the brush in its returned to original consistency. It's been kept in a cool dry spot I purchased from Bunnings over a month ago I don't have the receipt and it's a four hour return trip. Suggestions?

toy cp
toy cp

Try stirring the whole tin, as most might be settled in the bottom...if that doesn't work, take the BATCH no, its along the bottom rim of the tin NOT underneath...you have to really look for it , its NOT the bar code...that would be proof that you bought it from that shop , make sure you call them first , see if they will give you a replacement or refund, or they may say to call their office ( British Paints ) ..on.. 13 25 25 ....these are their hrs... Mon-Fri from 7:30am to 7pm (EST); Sat 8:30am to 3pm, and 10am to 4pm on Sundays

Philip_Carter
Philip_Carter

I bought a 4 litre tin and have the same issue - the paint is as thick as cottage cheese. Impossible to stir/mix and difficult to apply - tried small roller and long bristled brush. Had to change to a short bristled brush to achieve any level of success. How in God's name could you apply this paint with a sprayer, as it says on the can? You would have to remix with a large amount of water.

Get an answer from our members and British Paints representatives