British Paints H2O

British Paints H2O

Enamel Gloss and Enamel Semi Gloss

Scott B.

Scott B.South East Queensland, QLD

This would have to be the worsted product I've ever used.

Purchased in September 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $55.00.

Painted SurfaceWood
Ease of Application
Longevity
henry h.British Paints

not liking the result of using this paint and decided to google it. .

Super gutted .so much work goes into prep. Wish we had googled this first. Used on all skirting and window frames internally. Terrible finish. Streaky, drippy and uneven finish. Disappointed .

Purchased in June 2019.

Painted SurfacePreviously painted
DuluxGroup A.British Paints
Leonie

LeonieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Can't trust British Paints anymore.

I purchased a 4 lt can to do skirts and architraves in my bedroom, but switched to a different brand exterior gloss when the first coat of h20 was peeling off, as I thought I must have been doing something wrong.
Decided to use the paint on the campervan cupboards, to save money, but have spent 2 days and am so disappointed with outcome.
Painting late yesterday afternoon, it was drying off so fast and catching up in the brush when I was laying it off.
6am today, 19 degrees, sanding back and trying again.
Not drying as quick, but not covering well and can't get brushstrokes out (new brush, not a cheapie).
4 house renos under my belt, and doubting my own abilities.
After reading the reviews, I wonder why this product is still on the market?

Purchased in September 2018 at Bunnings for $75.00.

Painted SurfacePreviously painted and Wood
Ease of Application
Lou

LouMelbourne

H20 water based enamel used on very old wood.

I chose the H20 water based enamel on a friends reccomemdation and was very happy with it. Brushes cleaned up easily and as long as I wasn't stingy with the amount of paint I used. The doors, trim and skirting boards came up really well for 80 year old wood.
Being summer I have had to be careful what days I painted, as it dries fairly quickly but that is easily worked around.
I did find it went on the skirting boards and door trim easier then the doors, but I'm also a novice when painting but was still happy with the result.

Dreadful !

I can only say one positive thing about H2O, the colour. The finish on my cupboard doors is just awful. Followed the directions, used the recommended equipment and it is dreadful. Total waste of time and money.

DuluxGroup A.British Paints

Worst Paint I've used in 35 years

Selected this (based on price) from our local Bunnings store. Have 23 interior flat door to paint, the cost was approx half of the Resene equivalent so I thought I'd give it a go. I've now given up after 7 doors and a week of misery. The finish is abysmal - brush and roller marks everywhere irrespective of the viscosity and adhesion/coverage are rubbish. I'd love to see a close up video of one of their pro painters achieving an acceptable semi-gloss finish using this product as I don't think it's achievable. False economy so beware! .

WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY - WANT MY $80 BACK BUNNINGS

Started off o.k. them all of a sudden, the paint is "stripping off" like spaghetti as i'm painting!
Pulled the strips and a whole lot more paint came off....
Will be stopping now, I don't want to waste any more of my time.
Shall be taking this back for a refund!!

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Crap!!!!

This product is bloody crap. Prep skirting, door frames doors as pre information on can. And the crap is peeling off!!! Cover is horrible. I should of just got water of the tap and painted with that.

What a waste of money, time and effort. $80 down the drain and a weekend wasted.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Excellent finish

I was using Dulux Aquanamel with reasonable results on flush doors, but ran out of paint and purchased British Paints H2O Enamel to finish the projectd. I used a roller to apply the products and laid it off with a brush. The British Paints gave me a noticeably superior finish as I found it did not dry as fast. I would recommend the product.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
NickBritish Paints

Hi There, Thanks for taking the time to review our H2O product. We appreciate the feedback and are glad to hear you had a good result. Regards, The British Paints Team.

Watery Mess

Drips everywhere coverage very thin, looks like I will have to do 3 coats. Still looking streaky. Would NOT buy again, or any British Paints products after my experience with this product. Have painted many houses over the years, this is the worst paint I have ever used. Google search reveals all these bad reviews can’t all be wrong can we.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

J.JDEVONPORT

H2o Enamel

Purchased it from Bunnings. Used Dulux before 2 coats brilliant on skirting"s and arcs. On special so i tried it. Up to my third coat and still not covering, used a good undercoat as well. Maybe they should be in the canned water market. Buy Australian, Berger, Dulux, wattle, or a paint you have used before and are happy with it. probably only $10 difference in price. Peace of mind and less work.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

BrettH.

BrettH.South East Queensland, QLD

Excellent finish. Easy clean up after each step, which meant lower painter hours overall.

The completed finish is excellent, we did 3 rooms & a hall. 6 colours were used & all looked great.
We used a professional painter who took 7 days in total. This included sugar soap cleaning, then a new type of adhesive paint primer (due to many different old paint types & surface conditions). One undercoat & 2 top coats. He said using water based saved him about 4-6 hours in brush cleaning & $200 on extra materials required for other enamels.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
NickBritish Paints

Hi Brett, thanks for taking the time to review our H2O enamel paint. We appreciate the feedback and positive review! All the best with your next project, The British Paints Team

San

Sansnharman@bigpond.com

As other reviews: Do Not Buy

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Dreadful dreadful dreadful

Oh how I wished I read these reviews before buying this paint. Bunnings and British Paints should be run out of town. I've spend days and days trying to paint 3 doors. Each have had over 5 coats now and the surface is hopeless. I've tried 3 different brushes and 2 different rollers. I've blamed myself and my poor husband. Now I know its your product. Do you understand how absolutely annoying this is. Days and days spent trying to finish a job that should have been over in one weekend. I am furious to understand now that you have have a litany of these reviews and you continue to leave the paint on the market. Shame shame shame

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Michael

MichaelGold Coast

Waste Of Time- Do not buy

After applying 4 coats and still receiving below par results I decided to call the customer helpline who took no responsibility for the poor quality of paint and blamed it on the roller, I have tried 3 different types of rollers including Synthetic roller and microfiber. Still no improvement.

Do not buy this paint; I have just chucked $70+ down the drain and more importantly days of sanding and painting. What a waste, this is tarnishing British paints reputation.

After reading the reviews it is apparent that unfortunately I am not the only one to suffer with this issue.

It is appalling you are still willing to rip of loyal customers.

Disgusted.

NickBritish Paints

Poor quality, overpriced, paint!

Purchased the H20 Enamel Semi Gloss from Bunnings which was recommended to refurbish a pine table. I spent many days sanding it back to a raw condition and primed the piece twice. I've coated it twice with the enamel paint using a foam roller and also tried a brush. The paint is watery compared to other paints I've used and leaves an orange peel effect and would need another coat but not going to bother. Will have to purchase another paint to finish it to get a decent finish. Not happy!

Product Review

On the recommendation of Bunnings i bought the H20 High Gloss product to do my windows etc. We have had a terrible time getting a quality finish and in desperation went and bought new brushes, painted at night so it was cool and in despair i have even been googling how to apply high gloss paint onto surfaces. No matter what we do i can't get a finish that is acceptable, We have bought a house and are repainting to freshen up but we will be returning for a refund. So now a week behind schedule but i now wish i had of read these reviews earlier and saved a week of my time and effort and money!!

tassietonyHobart, TAS

Worst paint I ever used

This paint is difficult to get a decent finish. Even a short nap roller gives orange peel finish. Brushes leave marks. Needs 3 coats to get a really solid finish. I would never buy this paint again. Bought it mainly to recoat wardrobe doors, skirtings and architraves. Looks terrible. Avoid like the plague.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
tassietony

Is that so you can tell me I didn't prepare the surfaces properly etc etc. I have been DIY painting for over 30 years and never struck a paint like this. I think all of the many, many other negative reviews prove my point.

MargaretBow Bowing NSW

This paint should be taken off the market

This paint is rubbish don't buy you will be very sorry, doesn't coat, not a smooth finish and it certainly is not glossy it's expensive to buy and as far as I am concerned I think British Paints H20 should be taken off the market, so many people ripped off, if I had kept the receipt I would have taken it back for a refund. I intend to put this information out on facebook to possibly prevent other people of making the same mistake.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
NickBritish Paints

Hi Margaret, Thanks for taking the time to review our H20 Enamel product. We would like to get in contact and find out more so we can help. If you get the chance could you call us on 13 25 25? Regards, The British Paints Team

Absolute rubbish

Not at all happy. Doesnt cover. Advised not to use this again by the store sales person. Returned to Bunnings for a full refund. Dont waste your time or your money on this product. Required a minimum of three coats to establish any kind of coverage. no better than white water,

Date PurchasedJul 2017
NickBritish Paints

Hi There, We are sorry to hear that you did not have a great experience with our H20 Enamel. We'd like to help and find out more, if you get a chance could you call us on 13 25 25 so that we can assist you further? Regards, The British Paints Team.

Tabs

Tabsasked

H2O Enamel Semi Gloss

Hello, bought H20 semi gloss and am onto my third coat, not looking as good as it should, my question is can I paint H20 gloss over the semi gloss? Help please

08Skyway
08Skyway

That should be ok. But I would scuff the surface first and clean off the dust. You can use a fine silicone carbide sanding paper or one of those 3m Sandblaster Blocks, say 180 grade. If you are painting broad surfaces such as doors, I suggest you use a roller to get it on fast. Check out the internet/Youtube for techniques showing how to apply water-based paint.

J.J

Yes, But buy Wattyl acquatrim. It is a acrylic paint but gives you an awesome finish that matches water based enamel.

rocket45

rocket45asked

surface had been varnished used bulls eye 123 undercoat primer sealer then 2 coats h2o enamel semi gloss about November surface is still sticky what have I done wrong used spray gun waterbased?

NickBritish Paints

Hi There, Are you able to get in contact with us so we can determine what the surface was? There are numerous conditions which can affect the drying time of an enamel paint, if you are able to contact us on 13 25 25 we can help you finish your project. Regards, The British Paints Team

Jac

Jacasked

I have had the same problem using this paint. What can I paint over the top of it to fix the finish

Hi Jac,

Thanks for reaching out, If you are able to call us on 13 25 25 - we can find out more information about your project and help you come to a resolution. Look forward to hearing from you. The British Paints Team.

tassietony

I tend to think I am stuck with the orange peel and brush marks finish. If I was desperate to fix it I would probably lightly sand and try a different brand, maybe even exterior house paint, its usually fairly forgiving.

Rebecca