Budget Air

Budget Air

See the Best Booking Services in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

hopeless

Tried multiple times to pay using their site but nothing went through. Hopeless company. Nothing more to say than spend a few extra bucks and use someone competent. Ugh, pathetic

Sam K.

Sam K.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Cheap and efficient booking with no dramas

Honestly, most questions or concerns I had based on negative reviews were easily answered within the FAQ. Always make sure you read the fine print and understand conditions, such as 'non refundable'.
Although there's some booking and payment-type associated fees, overall our flight tickets, Melbourne to Narita with JAL, were significantly cheaper than other options (or booking direct with the airline). Booking was confirmed and tickets came within a few minutes. Easy to book and nice booking summary interface.
Although I was initially doubtful with a lot of the negative reviews and "always book direct" mentality, I do not regret it one bit.

Markus

MarkusPerth, WA

Misleading service, stay away from this service.

I have typed 2 different names (first and middle) on my e-ticket.
The second one was changed to another different name after I have paid the ticket.
Now they want a fee to change the second name - poor service!

Romil S.

Romil S.Sydney, NSW

Misleading

Booked the tickets and after 2 to 3 hrs the tickets were cancelled without any notification. Now the refund will be credited in 5 working days and in the mean time cant even book the ticket so might end up paying higher price for new tickets.

Sowmya

SowmyaSydney Surrounds, NSW

DONT EVER USE

I had to choose 1 star as there wasnt any other option.
booked my tickets, they cancelled it on tHE eve of travel , no information provided. Now no refund, disgusting service..

Booking Type Flights

System changes your name and luggage allowance, initial quote excludes Visa Debit Charges, Customer Care staff rude!!!

Your e-ticket will not be the same as the details on the quote and even if you have screenshots to proof what was on the quote, they will insist you made the mistakes!!! There initial price quoted excludes a Vida Debit transaction fee, that brings the new total price to close to their competitors. Do not trust them. You will pay for their mistakes and are they allowed to charge you for paying with a Visa Debit Card. In S A it is illegal.....

Brooke

BrookeSydney, NSW

Scammed me of $880 and won't give it back

I tried to pay for a plane ticket twice via bank transfer. Each time, this site took my money but did not give me any ticket. I called them about it and they said that the money would be returned within 2-3 business days. It has been 5 business days and there is still nothing.

This website is a complete scam and won't give our money back.

Mick

Mick

Booking fee is daylight robbery!

Charged me $75 to use my credit card when booking!
Also, one of the free charge options was POLi Payments, which did not have my bank listed in the options.
After looking at the other sites the booking charges were not as high and some had no booking fee.

Booking Type Flights

Worst option to book your tickets from.

Zsh

ZshSydney, NSW

Hidden Costs! Beware

When you go to book the ticket, there is a 'Ticket Service' cost added by default, it is a small box with a tick automatically applied and gets charged to your ticket cost. If you do not uncheck this it is considered to be your fault. The customer service is horrible and they talk very rudely with customers. When I tried explaining the issue the lady on the call spoke very rudely. Ill definitely escalate the matter.

Rav

RavSouth East Queensland, QLD

Dodgy, unprofessional Service, Stay away!

Do not book!

Booking Type Flights

Wish I had read these reviews before booking!

Booking Type Flights

Avoid them very bad service

Very bad service, unreliable customer service personnel and vary bad communication. They just try to scam you out of money as much as they can. Do not use them. They cannot be trusted.

Booking Type Flights

Beware of additional charges in the name of Ticket insurance

Beware of additional charges in the name of Ticket insurance on their first booking page, its ticked by default and about 24$ will be added to your total cost, make sure you un-tick. Its a trick to make you pay more and practice to loot as many innocent people.

Budget air won't respond

Nick

Nick

Avoid like the plague

Terrible customer service.
I tried to change my flight. They said they had sent an email to Virgin Australia requesting fairs, Virgin never received the email. I asked for them to provide me with a copy of the email they sent to Virgin, when I asked this they hung up on me.
Never use Budget Air.

Mrs Ordish

Mrs OrdishRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Literally the worst customer service ive experienced.

Had to cancel my flight. I had full insurance so i needed a receipt to show i was getting only a few dollars back. Its been 5 weeks no refund (which now they say will take another 25 days) and no receipt so i can finalise my claim. Everytime i call i speak to a different person who has a different story..

Georgia

GeorgiaSydney, NSW

THEY ARE A SCAME

Do NOT use this airline.

I was meant to be refunded over 5 months ago and it hasn't happened yet.
I have called and sent hundreds of emails and get no where. DO NOT use them

Tolga

TolgaSydney, NSW

Zero F's given!

Nar Min

Nar MinSydney, NSW

Epitome of ‘ Worst Service’

Cancelled my trip due to medical reasons. Every single time I called them (5+ times) I got cut off and each time at the start of the conversation I asked them to be called back if we get cut off. Yes they said but no they did. It has been two months since they have emailed me confirming the refundable amount, three weeks since their email saying amount will be deposited in 5 working days. I called them twice yesterday every time a dif info and every time the call got disconnected AGAIN. I would never ever use them if they sold tickets for a dollar.

Rettie

Rettieasked

We are in a dilemma. My husband and I booked our trip via Budget Air ( in March) from Calgary Canada to Lima ,Peru. Budget Air messed up our departure ( after being unable to check in on line) and rerouted us from Toronto to lima(2000 miles from Calgary). We called Budget Air however they kept us on hold for over an hour at a time after three consecutive calls. We were fortunate to get to Peru only by Westjet agents fixing our tickets. our return flights are questionable We are uncertain how to handle this further since Budget Air has not responded to several emails and calls. Our return flight is August 2nd .. However Westjet agents are uncertain if this is accurate. Traveling in Peru means our phone privileges are slim. We may ask a family member from home to Jeep calling. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

CategoryBooking Services