Budget Air

Budget Air

the worst experience ever with budgetair.com

I've booked a ticket on October last year through budgetair.com and canceled it November 1st until now I didn't receive the refund, I called them several times emailed them all the time, and they keep on giving me next to next week, within 6 weeks and so on...
I don't think these guys are any trustworthy...

Booking Type Flights

I cancelled my trip to hong kong in December

I did not get my refund. 4 months and waiting. They are difficult to contact. The phone lines are engaged constantly and staff not helpful. I tried calling them and they blamed my bank.... Just avoid these budget companies. Find the airline and book directly through the airline.

Booking Type Flights

Terrible Terrible service. Choose budgetIr if you got nothing else to do in life: not joking guys.

BAU-2292977 Just check this bookin reference and tell me how many times I called these guys for a name correction. For 3 weeks everyday for an hour. Never got any update or response and everyday I called to hear mixed responses. Always blaming the airlines. Promised to fix the problem in 48 hrs and still waiting for a response after 3 weeks even after chasing them everyday. As a customer what would you ask for. Just a response either it's positive or negative. You get nothing and they make you wait without a choice (as you already booked with them your locked) forever to pinch more money out of your pocket. Ridiculous service I have ever gone through. I have seen the worst services before but these guys are champions of all.

Booking Type Flights

Had no issues, maybe one of the rare ones?

I gotta admit, I was pretty nervous booking tickets with these guys. It seems like you're most likely to have problems if there are any issues with your flight. I booked tickets from Darwin to Washington DC return and am happy to report that I made it home without a fuss. Given the horror stories on here I'm not sure that I'll do that again, but just letting you know that it worked for me. I suppose you're likely gonna be alright if there are no problems like having to change a name or date, etc. It's the risk you take. Buyer beware.

Trip Completed Yes

What Customer Service - Good Luck

I spend hours & hours, day after day in London in January trying to reschedule our flight with no response from either the UK or Australian site. I got someone on their Ireland but she advised she could not help. I rang there after hours emergency number in Holland with no response. Freakin abominal

Terrible!!!!

Terrible!!!! No communication at all! Trying contact them all month, phones is disconnected, emailing is hopeless . Ness to change date and have no hope anymore! Never will use this company again!!!

Extremely Poor Customer Service, Happy to take your money and ask for more

Total shambles of a company. As soon as you want changes done, it goes to a call centre that do not have the customer as their first priority. I paid $990 for a change of flight dates, I got the e ticket with names incorrectly booked. I called the company, was on hold for more than 30 minutes on the first call, second call for 1 hour.

Finally got hold of a rep, who was rude, advised me to send an email. I waited a full day, no reply. I called the next day,but got cut off and was told that I will be contacted, and yes, no call came. I called again the following day only to be told that nothing can be done unless I am prepared to pay again.

I have lodged a complaint with the ACCC.

To think that I have been a customer of this establishment for 2 years and this is how they treat me. They are never going to get any bookings from me and my company again.

An absolute disgrace

Messed our flights up from USA back to Australia. Refused to do anything to help us. Told us to cancel our flights and re-book leaving us $1800 out of pocket.

Trip Completed Yes

Rip off. Their promo code NEVER works

I've booked several flights from this organisation and have been given those discount code, which supposedly would expire one year from when I get it.

I tried to book more flights using the discount code but it DOESNT work. I've tried 5 different times and I cannot seem to get the code to work. It has been so frustrating to get a code to work. To be honest it is only about $11 off but on principal if a discount is honoured then it SHOULD be honoured as EASILY AS POSSIBLE. This has been an EXTREMELY difficult exercise to get this to work.

Customer service showed no empathy and is so robotic in their response.:

"
- Check if all spaces are deleted at the beginning and at the end of the code
- Don't return to the previous page after entering the code
- Check if you haven't mixed up 0 (the number) and O (the letter)
- Check the validity of the code. The code is valid for 1 year from your booking date.
- Use the same email address as during booking
- Valid on flights only"

Yes it's none of the above. I've tried 5 times with clean search and tried again and again and filled in all the fields AGAIN and AGAIN and not being able to use the discount code.

Terrible organisation to be dealing with.

Normally you pay for what you get. Pay a little bit more and you will get better service and transparency. I don't feel budgetair showed and transparency. They should just honour the code without question rather than be stubborn and NOT let their customers get their code to work.

Appalling

Absolutely appalling customer service.

After noticing a typo in a name on the ticket I checked the website which states to phone if the flight was within 4 days. In the first call I was on hold for 32mins before I gave the ‘customer service’ rep my booking information. I advised her of the issue with the name on the ticket and She took the booking details and then stated the the computer was running slowly today. After waiting for 4 min without hearing anything I asked if she was still there and she stated ‘yes, I’m here you need to wait’. After waiting another 4 mins I asked if she was there and did not receive a reply. I waited another 3 mins regularly saying ‘hello’ and ‘are you there and didn’t get a reply.

Hung up and called back immediately. On hold for 28 min before being connected. Again gave the booking details and was told to wait. I waited 6 min regularly saying ‘hello’ ‘anyone there’. I stayed in the line this time as I could hear background noise including laughing (I’m glad they were having a great time at work while I waited and called out to them). Eventually the lady answered my calls and stated I needed to send an email to amend names.

I advised her that the website states I need to contact via phone as the flight was within 4 days. She stated that she was unable to do it and I needed to send an email.

The email was sent three hours ago and I am yet to receive a reply. What absolute rubbish customer service. I am a frequent traveler and rarely write negative reviews, however this company is the worst I have come across.

What an absolute waster of 1.5 hours of my life. Thanks for nothing.

Huge fees

Terrible customer service. Very unhelpful, charge huge fees to change flights details, misleading in every way. They operate outside the guidelines of the airways. Pay a bit extra and book direct through the airline.

HORRIBLY PATHETIC

Booked a international flight with Malaysian Airlines though Budgetair and everything after that is a nightmare. Tried calling the customer service and literally had to be on the line waiting and listening to the automated message for 2 hours and 15 minutes before someone actually answered the call. The introduction was “Hello how can you I help” I managed to keep my calm and enquired about the charges involving cancellation of the ticket, she asked me to be on the line (didn’t put on hold or atleast on mute) and was busy chatting with someone else. This is ridiculous to say the least and worst customer service for the money they are charging, finally when she returned to the call she said that my ticket is now cancelled and this left me in shock as she didn’t bother to tell me the charges involved which is why I called in the first place or take my consent before processing the cancellation. THE WORST experience and pathetic service.

Booking Type Flights

Customer service is a joke!

On the website it said customer service open Mon to Sun. Called on sat 10am they are closed. Email customer service and request a call. Received an email but no call. After two weeks I called and the following occurred. The call was picked up by someone who answered the call saying ‘Hello’. No identifying company or the name of the person who answered the call. When I explained what I needed I got almost yell at over the phone. After much loud voices from budgeair customer service I was informed that I need to call the airline direct to manage changes. The airline is based overseas!!!! VERDICT do not book thru budgetair since they are happy to take your money but not happy if there are any additional work involved. On top of it customer service seem to be a non priority for them.

Awful service

Booked a ticked with a wrong title name. (not me). They can't even fix it. Have to cancel the whole ticket because immigration. Budget air charge 120 dollars. They are bunch if thieves

Unfair

I booked a flight last night and canceled the sooner I can so they’re send me a email said I pay the fees only for them but they charge me for qantas fees too. This is terrible place to buy a flight they never help !! hung on the phone and never want accept their mistakes

Booking Type Flights

Took our money and then cancelled our flight

They cancelled our flight without notifying us. They refuse to refund us our money. After 2 calls to try to solve the problem where they hung up on us instead of transferring us, they blocked our number. Their only resolution was to buy new flights through them. We have to book all new flights with a different company. We haven't been able to use any flight we paid for through them. This company is borderline criminal for stealing money and not delivering any service.

Terrible

I paid for my flight in full, hours later it gets cancelled by Budget Air and now I have to wait up to 10 days to get my money back. 24 hours later, Budget Air is still advertising the exact same flight and seats at the same original price.
I'm guessing Budget Air buy thousands of tickets early on and then try resell them, only once you have paid them do they check for their own profits.
They blame the airline, the banks and everyone else but themselves for this problem. Don't offer what you cant sell!!!!!! Budget Air is pathetic.

AWFUL

Absolutely awful. Couldn't help me change my flight and eventually had to get the airline to change it. Spent over $100 on calling them because I was told to call the South African branch. WILL NEVER USE AGAIN!!

Warning!!!!!! Avoid at all costs

Contact numbers impossible to find when in desperate need to alter the booking after a death in the family. 24 hours to respond to email which was the only way I could contact. Or call an international number in Switzerland. Finally got in touch only to be told nothing could be done and I gave these awful people $440 for nothing. Devastated, angry and makes me sick a company like this can operate. Do not use this site it is not worth saving a few $$.

they are reliable and payment was perfect

budgetair is excellent when paying. you can use poli and no charges extra are made. payment goes through fine not like edreams or opodo which are the same company. make sure your passport name is correct, this is obvious owise your causing yourself the headache. they emailed my eticket within 3 to 4 hours. the price is competitive, however promo codes you cant use which would make budgetair even more better priced so they get 4 stars. overall you cant go wrong but you must make sure your not changing your flight dates ....this will cost charges