Budget Direct Pet Insurance

4.4
  • Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (1)
    • 1-2 weeks (2)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (3) · No (0)

Easy and exactly what it said it would be

My dog Winston ended up in and out of hospital for ingesting a bone. There was three different claims made in total and I was only charged the excess once. I also got back 80 percent of everything and there was no arguments needed to get this. They also sent me updates of the progression of the claim whilst it was happening. It is the first time I've had pet insurance and I was up and down about if I should keep it or not but I definitely will now for both my dogs.

not exactly what i was looking for

not good value; no reimbursement for vet visits, been with budget close to 1 year, a bit disappointed, other places reimbursed vet visits not budget, thinking of canceling because I’m out of work

Claim Made No
Pet Health InsuranceBudget DirectSend a private message

Hi Jerry, thank you for your feedback. We definitely do provide reimbursement for vet visits if they are related to an eligible condition. Please contact our team and we can take this offline to try resolve your issue.

Liz
LizVictoria

Cheaper

Haven't had to claim, but I went with budget as it was cheaper and great value.
It was easy to access and set up your information was sent to email and policy number.

Pet Health InsuranceBudget DirectSend a private message

Hi Liz, thanks for joining the Budget Direct Pet Insurance family. If you ever need any assistance lodging a claim please feel free to contact our friendly team who will be happy to help. Have a great day!

Barry
BarrySouthwest, VIC

Should have gone through someone my vet recommended

We went to Budget Direct because they were the cheapest but the claim process was too demanding to complete. After a couple of visits to the Vet, it was obvious that we should have gone through an insurer that the Vet would have made a direct "online" claim.
Cheapest isn't always the best.

Pet Insurance

Find out how Budget Direct Pet Insurance compares to other Pet Insurance

Great deal

I changed my policies to this one, only regret is not starting off with budget direct. Is the best deal around, and even though I have to do my waiting periods again, it was much cheaper for the same/similar benefits.

Pet Health InsuranceBudget DirectSend a private message

Hi Gill, thanks for your kind words and for choosing Budget Direct Pet Insurance to cover your pets. If you ever have any queries or need help making a claim, please give our team a call and they'll be happy to help.

Neil H
Neil H

Excellent Value for Money

I purchased the Budget Direct policy after reviewing a number of similar products online and selected this for the value for money it represented. Not long after commencing the policy I claimed for vet fees for my cat's illness. The turnaround on this claim was very fast and the claim was resolved in full first go. On the basis of this I would recommend the Budget Direct product

Claim Made Yes
Pet Health InsuranceBudget DirectSend a private message

Hi Neil, we're glad we could provide a smooth claim experience for you and your cat. Thanks very much for that great feedback! I've passed this onto our claims team and we all hope your cat is doing well.

Irene
IreneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Claims process so QUICK and EASY

The online claiming process was so quick and easy. I had lodged my claim in minutes, and didn't even need my vet to sign anything. Just entered my details, name of the Vet clinic and brief details about why I took my cat to the Vet, and emailed them the invoice from the Vet.
The quick communication I received from the claims team was unexpected, but appreciated, advising me that they had received the claim and it was currently being reviewed.
Then my claim was processed so quickly. Within a matter of days, I received an email to advise my claim was processed, and the claim payment was in my account overnight.
Highly recommend.

Pet Health InsuranceBudget DirectSend a private message

Hi Irene, thank you for leaving such a lovely review! I'll be sure to pass this feedback onto the claims team. We're really glad we could provide you with a simple and efficient claims experience.

Super Funds Awards 2022!

super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Ben G.
Ben G.Sydney, NSW

Fair and honest claim assessment, great staff

My dog had an initial misdiagnosis followed by a diagnosis of septicemea during the initial thirty day waiting period for illness. Despite the vet not providing further information as requested, Budget Pet Direct assessed my claim honestly and accurately and despite the fact they could have argued against my claim they approved my claim on the grounds it was an accident from an external source. Staff were excellent to deal with and took an honest, fair approach to my claim, soemthing I feel other insurers would not have done. Highly reccomended.

kadiarose
kadiaroseSouth East Queensland, QLD

Wonderful staff!

Although I was panicking about my dog's current situation, I found the staff with this company were very caring and helpful with all my questions. They were willing to get to know my dog and I, which some companies don't feel that way.

Pet Insurance