Budget Direct Pet Insurance

Claim Resolution Time
  • <1 week (3)
  • 1-2 weeks (2)
  • 2-4 weeks (1)
Claim ApprovedYes (5) · No (0)

LauraR
LauraRVICGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC3 posts

Junk policies, so much excluded that it's worthless

They're selling junk pet insurance policies with so many exclusions that they're not covering anything by the time you come to claim. Do not buy. Show details
MR BJ C
MR BJ C

There when your paw baby needs it most

Cannot speak highly enough of their claims team, our dog needed major back surgery and luckily we had coverage with our Budget Direct Pet insurance. Highly professional and dedicated claims team who were empathetic and genuinely cared. Claim's paid out quickly and were easy to lodge. No wait times either when I have had to phone them. Thank you to everyone from the Pet team who has helped us along the way, Minnie is recovering well at home :) Show details
John
JohnQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD

SUSANA
SUSANAVICGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC65 posts

CON JOB AVOID

In good faith I took a pet insurance for a new puppy. As premiums are high , I cannot afford them anylonger and asked for a cancellation. Of course, no problem but, they actually charge some $ 40 to cancell a policy. Welcome to Budget Direct: another greedy Australian Insurance Company. Keep on advertising in TV and else but, will buy nothing from your company ever. Show details
Rebecca Jarman
Rebecca Jarman

Easy and exactly what it said it would be

My dog Winston ended up in and out of hospital for ingesting a bone. There was three different claims made in total and I was only charged the excess once. I also got back 80 percent of everything and there was no arguments needed to get this. They also sent me updates of the progression of the claim whilst it was happening. It is the first time I've had pet insurance and I was up and down about if I should keep it or not but I definitely will now for both my dogs. Show details
Jerry P
Jerry P2 posts

not exactly what i was looking for

not good value; no reimbursement for vet visits, been with budget close to 1 year, a bit disappointed, other places reimbursed vet visits not budget, thinking of canceling because I’m out of work Show details
Budget Direct   DM

Hi Jerry, thank you for your feedback. We definitely do provide reimbursement for vet visits if they are related to an eligible condition. Please contact our team and we can take this offline to try resolve your issue. Kind regards,
Dr Ben

Liz
LizVictoria2 posts

Cheaper

Haven't had to claim, but I went with budget as it was cheaper and great value.
It was easy to access and set up your information was sent to email and policy number. Show details ·  1
Barry
BarryVICSouthwest, VIC

Should have gone through someone my vet recommended

We went to Budget Direct because they were the cheapest but the claim process was too demanding to complete. After a couple of visits to the Vet, it was obvious that we should have gone through an insurer that the Vet would have made a direct "online" claim.
Cheapest isn't always the best. Show details
Gill
Gill

Great deal

I changed my policies to this one, only regret is not starting off with budget direct. Is the best deal around, and even though I have to do my waiting periods again, it was much cheaper for the same/similar benefits. Show details ·  1
Neil H
Neil H2 posts

Excellent Value for Money

I purchased the Budget Direct policy after reviewing a number of similar products online and selected this for the value for money it represented. Not long after commencing the policy I claimed for vet fees for my cat's illness. The turnaround on this claim was very fast and the claim was resolved in full first go. On the basis of this I would recommend the Budget Direct product Show details ·  1
Irene
IreneQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Claims process so QUICK and EASY

The online claiming process was so quick and easy. I had lodged my claim in minutes, and didn't even need my vet to sign anything. Just entered my details, name of the Vet clinic and brief details about why I took my cat to the Vet, and emailed them the invoice from the Vet.
The quick communication I received from the claims team was unexpected, but appreciated, advising me that they had received the claim and it was currently being reviewed.
Then my claim was processed so quickly. Within a matter of days, I received an email to advise my claim was processed, and the claim payment was in my account overnight.
Highly recommend.  Show details ·  1
Ben G.
Ben G.NSWSydney, NSW

Fair and honest claim assessment, great staff

My dog had an initial misdiagnosis followed by a diagnosis of septicemea during the initial thirty day waiting period for illness. Despite the vet not providing further information as requested, Budget Pet Direct assessed my claim honestly and accurately and despite the fact they could have argued against my claim they approved my claim on the grounds it was an accident from an external source. Staff were excellent to deal with and took an honest, fair approach to my claim, soemthing I feel other insurers would not have done. Highly reccomended. Show details ·  1

Charbel S.
Charbel S.

Hi. I was interested in getting pet insurance. I have read the pds but i would just wondering if you could help me out?

1) my dog has eaten a chicken bone but didn't suffer any major problems. ie: surgery. She just got an upset stomach. If she ate something sinister and needed emergency surgery for foreign body; will it still be covered even though she ate a bone in this year? again,didn't need surgery,vet checked her stomach and no blockage.

2) she has gotten blood tests this year. Would this count as a pre-condition if she needed another one? Will it be covered?

3) I thought she was walking funny but the vet checked her knees and they were fine. Is this. Considered pre existing condition?

Julie W.
Julie W.

Hi could you send me your price on basic insurance for 2 kittens
[Email Removed] thanks

Budget Direct   DM

Hi Julie, we would love to help you with a quote for your two kittens! Please give our friendly Pet Insurance team a call and they will be happy to help.

Joan McD

Can you please explain if I am insured by Budget Direct Pet insurance and have my pet continually covered would he be covered for life? He doesn’t have any problems at the moment however like most pets when he gets much older might. If we continue coverage with you will you always cover him or will his insurance no longer be covered once he reaches a certain age

Joan McD

Thanks so much for the very quick reply. Very professional and much appreciated. That’s brilliant news. Thank you

CategoryPet Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Car, Home and Contents, Life, Motorcycle and Travel
UnderwriterAuto & General Services