Budget Direct Roadside Assistance

• Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction

Janet M.

Janet M.Far North Queensland, QLD

I haven't had to use Roadside Assist as yet but thought it essential to have

As the title says I haven't actually had an opportunity to call out Roadside Assist. I recently travelled btwn Victoria and Far Nth QLD by road and joined against the need to use assistance somewhere in between.
I feel secure in the knowledge that I now have help if I need it.

Budget Direct A.Budget Direct

Hi Janet, thank you for sharing your feedback and we are please to hear you have peace of mind in the event of an unexpected Breakdown, as this is our aim.

Terrible service

Waited 2.5 hrs for a simple battery change. Called up 4 times for a progress update and was consistently told 1/2 hr when it was clear that the service person was no where close. Needs to be better

Jules

JulesSydney, NSW

The most horrendous service and long wait times

I would not wish budget roadside assist on my worst enemy! It’s not even worth the $70 you pay, steer clear unless you like waiting 5+ hours for a tow truck to arrive after being promised it would be 1.5 hours. Tow truck phoned to say they were 15 minutes away, half an hour later still waiting. Phoned budget direct to check only to be told they were 45 minutes away. Asked them to find someone closer only to be put on hold for 45 minutes. Still no tow truck! We’ve left the call running to see the extent they’re willing to go to in their awful customer service! We’re in Sydney not a rural area. The worst customer service I have ever experienced, don’t do it to yourself no matter how much you save!

Roadside Assistance Providers

Find out how Budget Direct Roadside Assistance compares to other Roadside Assistance Providers

Danny was amazing changing a flat tyre and giving me some amazing tips on my Peugeot and it's quirks!
Very pleased to be able to add this into my policy.

Budget Direct A.Budget Direct

Hi Lisa, Thank you for sharing your feedback and experience, we are happy to hear you had a good experience.

Gloria Bauman

Gloria BaumanQueensland

Its peace of mind knowin its only a call away

Not needed to use it yet but knowin I can call is peace of mind. I like it is built into my insurance policy is fantastic and easy just one bill.

Budget Direct A.Budget Direct

Hi Gloria, we appreciate you taking the time to write this review. We are happy to hear that it provides you with peace of mind, as this is our aim.

Jeannie C

Jeannie CCarrum downs

Glad I swapped to Budget

So far so good. I haven't needed to use this service as yet, but have peace of mind knowing it's there and will be readily available if I ever need it. So pleased that I purchased Budget insurance

Budget Direct A.Budget Direct

Hi Jeannie, we are pleased to hear that having Roadside assistance provides you with peace of mind in the event of an unexpected breakdown. Thank you for being a loyal Budget Direct customer.

Mag. P.

Mag. P.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Happy to have switched to Budget Direct Roadside Assist.

I have used Roadside Assist twice now am happy with the service. My only comment is that I have had to wait awhile for the help to get to me.

Budget Direct A.Budget Direct

Hi Mag, thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for being a loyal budget direct customer. Our aim is to provide Roadside assistance in a timely manner and we will provide you with updates or an estimated time of arrival.

kevin Traynor

kevin TraynorGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Broken windshield

Had found I had a crack ed screen ,one phone call and helpful person all sorted and arranged replacement done at my conviance . Great going team and hope I get that again

Leeanne whyte

Leeanne whyteSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great response time

I havent actually had someone come out to help me but I got stuck once and called for help and the lovely lady on the phone was very fast to get someone on the way. I ended up not needing help and the lovely lady cancelled it for me before it was to late.

Budget Direct A.Budget Direct

Hi Leeanne, thank you for taking the time to write this review and share your experience. We are pleased to hear that you received friendly service when you may of needed it, as this is our aim to provide a positive customer experience.

Ranjith S.

Ranjith S.Sydney, NSW

Battery replacement

My car broke down at 9.45 PM at night. It could not start. I had to leave it there for the night. I called up Budget Direct first thing in the morning. The service personnel came under 30 mins after calling who attended on my car, assessed and replaced my worn out battery with new one in under 10 mins. Thanks for prompt service.

Budget Direct A.Budget Direct

Hi Ranjith, we are happy to hear that we were able to get you back on the road promptly, as our aim is provide service within a timely manner. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and for being a valued Budget Direct customer.

Ann Marie Hutchinson

Ann Marie HutchinsonCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Affordable and hinest

We have been with budget direct for few years now we will never change insurer as they have always looked after us.We also have roadside service and contents insurance with them .

Job Satisfaction
Budget Direct A.Budget Direct

Hi Ann Marie, thank you for sharing your positive feedback and being a loyal Budget Direct customer.

Exclusive Reliable

Exclusive ReliableGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent customer service and support. Knowledgeable staff members and smash car repairs support.

November 12, 2019 my car front smash and I went to a repair workshop. They said it is right off. Then I called my insurance Budget Direct and I told them everything. They took my car and excess fee, I got my car within a week. I am happy. I am sorry to say, I do not want to do public involvement. But you can post my review publicly.

Dita

Dita

Excellent service. Very professional.

Had a flat tyre. Called Budget Direct . Did not have to wait for long when the help arrived. Excellent customer service. It was very professional. I was advised where is the nearest tyre shoot. Very happy with this service. Definitely will be using again.

Budget Direct A.Budget Direct

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback, we are pleased to hear that you were happy with the service received , as this is our aim.

Julianne

JulianneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent, reliable, professional, courteous.

I've been with them for years. Every year I review all other Insurance Firm offers but NONE match with Budget Direct.
The only thing I was upset with was I moved to a suburb where they don't cover.

Budget Direct A.Budget Direct

Hi Julianne, thank you for sharing your feedback around your experience and being a loyal Budget Direct customer.

Sunny

SunnySouth East Queensland, QLD

Waste of money disappointed

Called roadside assistance some guy turned up said i needed a mechanic didn't offer any help I had to pay extra for a tow truck when i was told that i would be inclued in the membership fee no help from customer service waste of money I will NOT be reviewing my membership

This is fantastic

This is amazing and fantastic service , thanks to all entire team. This service is different and difficult as well than other service but very good & social service . Keep it up

Budget Direct A.Budget Direct

HI Narendra, thank you for taking the time to write this positive review. We are pleased to hear you found this an amazing and fantastic service.

Harsh B.

Harsh B.Sydney, NSW

Good service

Good service, cheers to the man I purchased the product from, had the idea what he was selling, loved the commitment. Would definitely give them a business next time if required.

Budget Direct A.Budget Direct

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback, we are pleased to hear that you received good customer service, as this is our aim.

CamelliaSydney, NSW

Warning: not worth time, money, patience... don’t buy it!!!!

Camellia

I haven’t heard anything back and I complained several days ago.

Not included

I wanted to move insurers so called Budget to notify them. Budget assured me Car Breakdown was included. Car breaks down. Turns out, breakdown service not included. So, changing insurers.

Anne and Adam

Anne and AdamGosford

Absolute Rip Off

We got a flat battery during lockdown and called to use the policy we had been paying for 2 years only to be told they could not find us in the system due to a technical error. I tried to cancel the policy and was told the technical error prevented that too. They told me someone would call me back but no one did and I had to call in again just to cancel the policy I never got to use.

cheryl

cherylasked

So dont go roadside assist with them? I know there insurance policies contain huge fine print, so ok back to nrma for me, at least it will be a matter of tried and true with nrma

Ashleigh
Ashleigh

I would stick with NRMA for sure.

Vacublaster

Vacublasterasked

I find it very poor that Budget have only responded to the 5 star ratings and ignored the guy with the perfectly valid 1 star rating. Looks like a company to avoid I think.

Chef Fabio G.

Chef Fabio G.asked

Budget direct roadside cover flat tyre ?, and fix the flat tyre?

Budget Direct A.Budget Direct

Hi Chef Favio, thank you for taking the time to write this review. With our Roadside Assistance, If you have a flat tyre, we change and replace it with the spare tyre supplied with your vehicle. You must have the correct, serviceable spare tyre, and the roadside contractor must have access to the vehicle’s own serviceable jack and wheel brace or tools. If we can’t change the tyre for any reason, we tow the vehicle to the nearest tyre
repairer within the service limits. Reasons might include, but aren’t limited to: no spare tyre, faulty or missing wheel studs and nuts. We hope this provides with you further clarification, however should you wish to discuss this further please call us, email roadside@budgetdirect.com.au or alternatively here is the link to our website https://www.budgetdirect.com.au/roadside-assistance-australia.html

See all Budget Direct Roadside Assistance questions