6Bugaboo Fox (1st Gen)

3.3

Alexia Myrtle
Alexia Myrtle4 posts
  Fox

Beautiful pram that we have absolutely loved

We have a bugaboo fox I purchased in Feb 2020 for our first baby. I loved it, although it is quite big it’s perfect for tall people!

I recently had an issue with it getting jammed and bugaboo have been excellent at helping to get it sorted.

Online videos for assembly easy to follow.

No hesitation recommending this product. Show details ·  1

Emma
EmmaSydney Surrounds, NSW2 posts

Good and strong pram

I selected the Bugaboo Fox because the wheels where very sturdy and strong knowing that I would be doing lots of walking and wanted my newborn and eventually toddler to be safe and not have to bumpy of a ride. It has been a great pram, despite being heavier than others on the market. The only other down fall in the basket underneath. Its not very big, nor do the side come up very far. It include the bassinette and seat for once the child is ready/it’s safe to swap them over. I found it very easy to use and put together, but like using anything new, a little bit of practice was required. Show details ·  1
Julie B
Julie BNorthern Region, NSW3 posts
Mel
MelGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Convenient and stylish

If I had a dollar for every time someone pushed my pram and told me how comfortable and smooth it is, I would be rich. It’s has plenty of storage space so I don’t have to worry about carrying my baby or shopping bags. It’s light weight and easy to pack into and out of the car. Best of all it’s very stylish, weather proof and so easy to keep clean.  Show details ·  1
Sara Z.
Sara Z.2 posts
TiHa
TiHaPerth, WA7 posts

Wouldn't waste your money

Seat positions are terrible.. child either sits so far forward that they are about to fall back or they are lying back..there's no comfortable uprite position. it's very fiddly to fold and even harder to unfold. My baby only just fits in the seat, no room to grow. The under basket folds in so it's hard to use. Only positive about this pram is it pushes really nicely. If I knew all of this I would not of purchased this pram. It is definately not worth the money. Have Contacted bugaboo directly too and the 90day refund does not apply if you purchased it from a Shop or have used it.. so unreasonable as how are you meant to know about all these faults If you can't take it out of the box? Show details
Simon Taylor
Simon TaylorGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC2 posts

Handles well

The pram handles well on most terrain. The folding mechanism is fiddly. The latches on the centre bar are difficult to operate reliably, and the mechanism just doesn't feel as robust and crisp as you would expect from a product of this price.
Update: Bugaboo replaced the chassis and it's now much better. Show details ·  1
Maria
MariaSydney, NSW6 posts

Bugaboo fox wouldn’t recommend

We bought the pram 1 year ago , I was using it very rare at the beginning , but now baby is 1 year old and we are going out every day.
So I started to have some troubles with the pram ,
Firstly wheels are getting stuck when I’m trying to turn the pram , so I need to go back and forward 5-10 times to make it work. It’s very uncomfortable when I’m in the shops and people behind me waiting until I will push it .
Another problem is when baby is sitting in the pram and he wants me to turn him around, I have to take him out to turn the sit or take him with the sit and turn sit around , so painful for my back . Show details
NessyC
NessyCSydney, NSW3 posts
Vanessa
VanessaFar North Queensland, QLD2 posts

Worst pram do not buy

This pram looks fantastic but that is it. It is very difficult to pack up and put in the car, it takes up so much space in the boot there is little room for anything else. Very difficult to push as the wheels constantly lock when trying to go around corners, making it not very practical when walking or even shopping. When in the seated position the hood doesn't cover much from the sun, at best it will cover babies face. When changing the position of the seat it sometimes does not lock in place causing the seat to unexpectedly drop. For an expensive well known brand I would not waste my money, save yourself the hassle and buy a cheaper brand. Show details
Kate
Kate

Great pram

I was initially unhappy with the Fox, however Bugaboo replaced all the faulty parts of my pram and now it is an absolute dream. The customer at Bugaboo service was fantastic. Show details ·  1
Tehan
Tehan7 posts
  Fair Incentive Verified Fox

Alright pram

Like our fox. Really good quality. Is quite big and heavy compared to our redsbaby stroller we ended up buying. The fox takes up a lot of space in the boot and heavy to pick up. Show reply
Carls
Carls10 posts
Karen36
Karen36Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC11 posts

Hate it!

I sold my Joolz Geo 2 as I suffer with severe tendons and my fingers lock up & I cannot use them. I loved my Joolz Geo2 & only sold it as its too heavy. I ended up buying the FOX as it was much lighter. Oh how I wish I could turn back time. It hurts me to unfold it, my baby was in the toddler seat and the weight from her bag (which was just the usual, nappies and change of clothes) made the pram tip over. I fell over and she also fell back. Luckily she was strapped in. I want to return it, I hate it! It feels cheap, scratches easily, always looks dirty, the basket underneath is crap! I cannot believe a pram made me cry with frustration. Show details
Mummacat
MummacatHunter Region, NSW2 posts

Nadumz
Nadumz · Fox (1st Gen)

Hello I have misplaced my underseat basket from my bugaboo Fox 1st Gen. And all your baskets from the 1st gen are out if stock. Do the new Fox 4/5 underseat baskets work for the foz 1st gen?

Veronica T.
Veronica T. · Fox (1st Gen)

Does the Bugaboo Fox 1 toddler seat frame fit the Bugaboo Fox 3 stroller thanks?

Bugaboo   DM

Hi there and thank you for your question. Yes the Fox 1 seat hardware will fit on all models of Bugaboo Fox.

The team at Bugaboo x

Kaz R.
Kaz R. · Fox (1st Gen)

My bugaboo fox (1st Gen) frame has broken. Will the seat, wheels etc fit a bugaboo fox 3 or 2 frame?

Bugaboo   DM

Hi Kaz Thank you for your question.

The Fox 1 parts will be compatible with a Fox 2 or Fox 3 chassis.

The team at Bugaboo

See all Bugaboo Fox (1st Gen) questions

Compare all Bugaboo Fox listings
Bugaboo Fox (1st Gen)
  • Discontinued
Bugaboo Fox (1st Gen)4.0
Bugaboo Fox Cub
Bugaboo Fox CubNo reviews yet
Category4-Wheel Prams & Strollers4-Wheel Prams & Strollers4-Wheel Prams & Strollers4-Wheel Prams & Strollers
Price (RRP) $1,799$2,139$2,139$1,199
Seating TypeSingleSingleSingleSingle
Convertible NoYesYesYes
Suitable Age0+ months0+ months0+ months0+ months
Max User Weight 22 kg22 kg22 kg22 kg
Seat OrientationRear-facingReversibleReversible
Bassinet CompatibleYes (Included)Yes (Included)Yes (Included)Yes (Included)
Capsule CompatibleYes, with addition of adaptersNo
FeaturesArm Bar, Cup Holder, Height-Adjustable Handle, Locking Front Wheels, Suspension and Under-seat StorageArm Bar, Suspension and Under-seat StorageHeight-Adjustable Handle, Suspension and Under-seat StorageArm Bar, Cup Holder, Height-Adjustable Handle, Locking Front Wheels, Suspension and Under-seat Storage
Wheel MaterialSolid
Weight9.9 kg9.9 kg12.2 kg11.2 kg
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Warranty Details2 years additional warranty for all Bugaboo items purchased after April 1st 2014.2 years additional warranty for all Bugaboo items purchased after April 1st 2014.
Folded Dimensions19 x 54 x 66 cm86 x 52 x 34 cm89 x 53 x 34 cm89 x 53 x 36 cm