Bupa Pet Insurance

Katie

Katie

Waste of money not worth it - customer service treats you like a criminal

With the $200 excess per condition and other ways this insurance is really not worthwile. 90% of my claims resulted in nil benefits. Currently I have a claim for my second dog pending for over a month because he is healthy and they don't believe us that he didn't need to see a vet during certain time periods. Doing everything they can to stall and get us to go away instead of paying us. The tone of the emails we receive from is accusatory, as if we are trying to scam them when it is in fact us that appear to have been scammed by them. Being sent the same questions over and over again, our vet has sent documents to them 3 times and they "haven't been received". It is an absolute nightmare to deal with this company.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateOctober 2019
Claim ApprovedNo

Unexpected

We had to claim a large expense for our dog and were happily surprised to receive a larger than expected refund . It has been worth having bupa pet insurance !! Our policy is certainly good value

JamesP

JamesPGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Ordinary - but they all are

They were generally polite and helpful when I had contact with them (never made a claim), however, price increases every year, which you expect, but then just recently they increased the premium by 25%!!!

That is just gouging, in my opinion, so I cancelled my policy and decided I will take responsibility for my dog and keep them all out of the picture.

Claim MadeNo

Pet insurance claim

Had a good experience with phone calls dmd explained online claims well. My claim was completed and refunded within two days. I was so happy with my BUPA Pet Insurance as Id never had a claim before

Claim DateOctober 2019

Marisha R.

Marisha R.Perth, WA

Disappointing - Pet Insurance Customer Service

Claim DateJuly 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

Takes the pain out of claims

Claim DateJuly 2019

Rosie

RosieHunter Region, NSW

Fabulous and thank goodness for my insurance

Claimed for my Cocker Spaniel surgery and some consultations. After my vet released the notes the payment for the claim as smooth and effortless. I submitted everything online and when I called them the operator was very knowledgeable and helpful.

Deb

DebCentral West, NSW

No time waiting

I made a claim for my Great Dane online. I attached my receipts from the vet and vet notes for his condition. Was very simple to do. Within a matter of days I had the money that I was entitled to reimbursed to my bank account. The last claim I made through a specialist in Sydney a year or so ago was exactly the same. I am very happy with Bupa and I think their yearly rates are very good also.

Pet insurance

I have had a few health issues with my fur baby recently and had to pay a large amount for her care. Bupa pet insurance was very quick in regards to paying me back 80 percent of the total amount back into my account. Making a claim is so easy to do online yourself through the Bupa web site. I highly recommended Bupa for your pet insurance.

Beaglier Owner

Beaglier OwnerSydney, NSW

Glad we had insurance for this year

We had quite a few issues the past year with our Beaglier. First a Ruptured ear drum, then removing a lump and lots of follow up appointments at our local vet as well as at Sydney Uni Vet Hospital. Our dog was well looked after each time but it was an expensive year for her. It worked out well for us this year, and having the insurance left us ahead $500 (as opposed to if we didn't have the insurance this past year).
Lots of paperwork to lodge, but once it's all done BUPA paid us very quickly.

Number of Pets-1 pets
Claim DateFebruary 2019

Louie

Louie

Cruciate ligament

Pleased with the service but the process was a bit daunting. The policy said he was covered but this didn't happen easily. A lot of paper work done by my vet. Why is claiming for pets not as easy as claiming for oneself?

Nicole

NicoleGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good policy that is expensive and paperwork heavy

Each claim requires paperwork completed by the vet. Should be easier for us and vet. Would like more paid back to us. I've been with them for 4 years and premium has increased. Phone support is offshore anr the staff werent familiar with basic pet anatomy.

Claim ApprovedYes

Disappointing. The claim covered less than 75% of the surgery. My pet recovered before they paid out the claim.

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateJanuary 2019

Jude

JudeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best Pet Insurances

This insurance is good value for our valuable pets but most of all it’s a sensible policy. Responsible pet owners are listened to and assisted so that their pets can be given the best care because animal care is so expensive. Communication is great, claims are quick and reasonable. After horrific experiences with other companies in the past I will always use BUPA.

Jules

JulesSydney, NSW

Cannot emphasise the value of pet insurance enough

Tania

TaniaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Happy with Service

I am very surprised at the service provided by Bupa Pet Insurance. My claims were easy to put through online and processed without any delays. I would highly recommend this insurance.

Great insurance

Great value for money, this is the first pet I've ever insured. Bagheera has had more health concerns than any other I've ever had so I'm greatfull I started the insurance as a kitten.The response times are very good and if you have any enquires they are more than happy to assist. I have no complaints what's so ever & would be more than happy to recommend Bupa.

Pet Type(s) InsuredCat

Angry customer

Angry customerSydney, NSW

WORST PET INSURANCE - BEWARE

I have recently changed from Bupa Health Insurance and Pet Insurance to other providers due to my recent dealings with Bupa Pet Insurance Company. They are bullies, trying to get away with reimbursing me for our puppy Hulk. Due to some technicalities they are not insuring my puppy. I hope the royal commission takes on companies like Bupa as they are the biggest scammers alive. I warn everyone, do not go with Bupa just because they are cheap. They are cheap for a reason.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months

Corneil

Corneil

Excellent Value

Excellent value with affordable premiums. The claims department was very reliable, quick with processing of all claims and extremely professional however still kind and understanding and compassionate when needed in dealing with them over the telephone.

John F

John FSydney, NSW

The outcome was every bit as promised

The payments made each month paled into insigificence when the claim was processed; after being with the company for about 2 years I would say the time was well spent

Claim DateFebruary 2019