Bupa Pet Insurance

Bupa Pet Insurance

Beware of excess

We made our first claim last month and was aware a $200 excess would be deducted. 3 weeks on we made a further claim for a repeat scan after treatment for same condition. Our claim incurred a further $200 excess because it went into a new renewal year. Claim was processed quickly but we believe getting charged 2 excesses for the one condition was unfair.

Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateMarch 2019

Excellent insurance

Outstanding product, very efficient and prompt process of claims. Well done. Keep the good work going. We could not afford not to have this insurance product.
Congratulations to all the staff which are friendly and helpful

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim ApprovedYes

Long delays with claim processing

Blamed delays on being too busy. Clinical history that was emailed wasn't attached to the file, and was left up to me to chase it up. Having said that, claim was eventually paid. Check PDS carefully for exclusions (big ticket items especially).

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateJanuary 2019

Let’s face it, the cover isn’t cheap, but it’s way better than paying thousands in vet fees & getting zero back.

Whilst the policy isn’t cheap, once I got things up & running to make claims I’ve been very happy with the speed of the refunds on claims & the amount of refund, so far. And I love that my vet can put the claim through.

Claim DateNovember 2018

So easy to deal with

We unfortunately had our 10 month old golden retriever get a paralysis tick and need treatment. It was super easy to claim and also quick to process the claim. This is our first ever claim and they made it so easy.

Number of Pets4 pets
Pet Type(s) InsuredCat and Dog
Claim DateNovember 2018

So fortunate to have Bupa

Have been with Bupa for about a year my dog required both elbows to have surgery- a stressful time but Bupa paid 80% - very relieved when the claim came through- 5k vet bill is not great to receive- no hassles with the claims

Very happy with BUPA!

I obtained insurance for my Doberman Mack in about September 2018. In January 2019, he was attacked by a pitbull and required surgery to fix a puncture in his neck. The vet bill and other expenses were approximately $1,800. After making the claim, I received 80% back very quickly. The promptness was greatly appreciated as I was on holidays at the time of the attack and returned home to a big vet bill and a sore puppy.

Claim ApprovedYes

Staff were great but disappointed in the overall outcome.

Staff were incredibly easy to communicate with and very sympathetic towards my situation unfortunately there was nothing they could have done. I'm left to deal with the full cost for something that could have been avoided had bupa used my preferred method of contact.

Claim MadeNo

Stress free claims

I have been with Bupa pet insurance for 3 years at the end off 2017 my Mollie required surgery twice. We had no stress and Bupa were fantastic, we also have our own health insurance with Bupa and have never been disappointed.

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Nikki, We hope Mollie is doing well. Thank you so much for being such a loyal customer of Bupa Pet Insurance! Also, thank you for the positive review. Have a great day :)

Fantastic and fast

I’ve had health insurance with Bupa for 3 years and pet insurance for 8 months and they have been fantastic. Our puppy contracted an aggressive stomach virus that had him in and out of the vet for 3 months. ( 3 overnight stays!) Thankfully we have Bupa pet insurance and received 80% back and in a timely fashion

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Larissa, Thank you so much for being such a loyal customer of Bupa and taking out Bupa Pet Insurance. Also, thank you for the positive review. Have a great day :)

Great Pet Insurance

I have been with Bupa Pet Insurance for about 4 years now and have never made a claim. I was a bit apprehensive when I made the claim but was pleasantly surprised. Everything was paid out in full (80%) and not one question was asked. My vet filled in the claim form online straight to Bupa and it was so quick and easy. Well done Bupa, I will be recommending many of my friends to your company.

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Shirley, Thank you so much for being such a loyal customer of Bupa Pet Insurance and also for the positive review. Have a great day :)

Everything we were looking for.

Have 2 mini dachshunds from 9wks age. Wanted a cover which would support IVDD if needed at any stage. Bupa covers this plus we already had personal health cover which has been good. We have had to make a claim 3 months after our policy started as one of our boys needed MRI & spinal tap. Bupa looked after us very quickly with no fuss and the lady I spoke with was very understanding and had empathy which is what I needed to hear during this time. Thanks for being there Bupa

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Naomi, Sorry to hear about your little one. We hope he is recovering well after the treatment. We just want to say a big thank you so much for choosing Bupa Pet Insurance and also for the positive review. Have a great day :)

Excellent service - great product

Have been with Bupa for about 5 years - excellent company to deal with. Prompt payment of claim and clear guidelines.

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Dabchick, Thank you so much for being such a loyal customer of Bupa Pet Insurance and also for the positive review. Have a great day :)

Fantastic Efficient and Supportive Cover

We took out Bupa pet insurance as we had been so happy with their private health cover. We got our puppy, a border collie cross, at 7 weeks of age. Three weeks later he was jumped on by a full grown dog which fractured his growth plate in his leg. Nalu required multiple scans, specialist appointments and major osteo realignment surgery as well as follow up surgery to remove pins etc. we submitted our claim with comprehensive supporting documents our claim was settled within ten days. Sadly Nalu has also had some bad fevers abs viruses requiring overnight stays at the vets for fluids and IV medication and Bupa have been nothing but supportive. The online claims portal is very easy to use, very efficient, clear communication and staff are lovely. We feel in such great hands with Bupa.

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Alexa, Sorry to hear about Nalu, we hope he is recovering well. We just want to say thank you so much for being a loyal customer of Bupa Pet Insurance and also for the positive review. Have a great day :)

Cruciate Ligament cover

I’ve been with MBF/BUPA for my own PHI, that’s why I decided to swap from a different pet insurer, that I’d been with for my cats and dogs for several years. I can’t recollect if I got any type of discount for being in both BUPA insurances but was disappointed that they are completely severed from each other and the customer service with the pet side was very wishy washy.
When my pup injured herself and required cruciate ligament surgery a couple of months ago,(never claimed with any insurer previously) I was shocked that the limit was half or less of other insurers. When I changed over to Bupa, that cover wasn’t really thought about (own fault) as I’d never had a dog that has had a CL tear or rupture. If I had stayed with previous insurance, the majority of cost would’ve been covered.

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Amanda, Sorry to hear that your experience hasn't been all smooth sailing. Please let me know if you need one of our team members to give you a call to discuss. Have a great day :)

Certainly made the decision to give Palie antivenin much easier knowing we would have a rebate.

Since we had our dog in 2015. I saw it as a vital part of owning a dog. It makes caring for her much easier.

Insurance claim madeYes

claim process was/is quite confusing

I have been with BUPA Pet Insurance about 18 months. Been with Bupa Health for 50 years . Pity there is no relationship when it come to quality of service

Bad Experience

Bupa is a great insurance company, actually, I work for the business. But Bupa Pet has poor customer service. I was trying to add a second pet to my policy and it was more expensive than buying 2 separate. They promote a discount for having multiple pets but in my case, it was not true. In addition, I was asking for an employee discount and the person told me it cannot be applied without a valid reason. She was rude and answered me with anger.

I am really disappointed, if you have 2 o more pets do not use BUPA pet insurance.

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Lina, Sorry to hear that you have had a bad experience with Bupa Pet Insurance. We would like to rectify the issue you have experienced. Can you please send us your full name, policy number and address via private message and we will look into this ASAP for you. Many thanks.Hello! Unfortunately, I cannot message you privately. Could you please let me know how can I send my details? Thanks,Hi Lina, I have sent you a private message with the information we require from you. Please let me know if you get this message. Thanks.

A good decision to have my pet insured

3-4 years. So far all of my claims have been met in accordance with the coverage provided by Bupa. There has been no issues with any of my claims and Bupa has conducted itself in a professional manner.

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Graham, Thanks so much for the positive review, we really appreciate it! Have a great day :)

Piece of mind

We insured our dog as a puppy 20 months ago and the BUPA service has been easy to use and worth the investment. Knowing that you have adequate cover to pay for expensive treatments negates the stress when your dog has doggy mishaps! Thank you.

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Jill, We are so glad to hear that you have had such a great experience with Bupa Pet Insurance and thank you for being a loyal customers. We appreciate the positive review! Have a great day :)