Bupa Pet Insurance

Ultimate, Standard, Basic (See All)

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (12)
    • 1-2 weeks (23)
    • 2-4 weeks (12)
    • 1-2 months (4)
    • 3+ months (2)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (38) · No (13)
Kath
KathSydney, NSW

Worst Pet Insurance

juliettecho
juliettechoGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Bupa split claim for a single vet visit for the one problem

Young F.
Young F.

Stay away from them

I have been contributed to the policy for over 2 years and I have made my first claim since early of March. They have made so many excuses of not paying you back and I have been paid for this policy approximately over $1500 within these two years.

I have canceled the insurance eventually. Wasted so much on Bupa already. They are good at words but just not pay you back a cent.

Nunnens
NunnensSouth East Queensland, QLD

Ridiculous pricing with no sense of loyalty

Kerrin
KerrinSydney, NSW

Happy with Bupa Pet Insurance

Thanks to Bupa our cat is still alive. Bupa paid everything they said they would in their policy information which turned out to be 72% of all costs and in each instance exactly or more than the amount I calculated. They paid $7,500 out of $10,500 hospital and vet costs. We would not have had the money to get our cat the treatment he needed if we didn't have this pet insurance. Payment processing time was reasonable for first claim and then very fast for subsequent claims. People need to read their policy information carefully and expect to contribute something for their pet. I understand when people cannot and that is sad. Thankfully at this time we were in a position to contribute and our cat is now doing well.

Amelia C.BupaSend a private message

Think very carefully before buying pet insurance

I was knocked back on my very first pet insurance claim. Reason given: Injury to the pet happened, prior to commencement of insurance ,on being challenged ,it was revised to accident happening during 6 month exclusion period. This was my first claim in last 17 yrs. Whilst it is true ,this exclusion is mentioned in the policy, BUPA has discretionary power to approve the claim. Despite all reasons given by me that it was an unfortunate accident during exclusionary period ,no consideration was given. Result: I cancelled my pet insurance. I Do not see much value in this policy.

• Incentivised Review No
Maj
Maj

New policy - First claim experience.

After researching and reading reviews, I decided to take a leap and join Bupa. My first claim for routine care was accepted and paid in a couple of days, so off to a good start. Pet insurance can be very confusing so do your research and know what you are paying for. I picked Bupa the price was very competitive and I have always had a positive experience with the company. Pet insurance gives me peace of mind. Thank you.

Super Funds Awards 2022!

super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
B_sydneySydney, NSW

SCAM!! Do not cover anything

OMG I wish I had read some of the other reviews on here, because they are all so right! I have been with them for nearly a year now as well and unfortunately had to submit some claims for one of my dogs. Of course, they found every excuse under the sun not to cover it. Customer service is just as bad as the service they offer. Massive waste of money. My advice: Cancel straight away or just stay welllll away from BUPA pet insurance as you will literally be throwing your $$ down the drain.

Manuel
ManuelGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Every claim I made they have found an excuse for not paying

Bupa Pet insurance is one of the biggest scam for pet insurance.
I have been with them for 1 year. It was the cheapest insurance for my dog but they rejected every single claim.
I suggest to shop around and avoid Bupa pet insurance.

Ryan K.BupaSend a private message

Heath C.
Heath C.North West, QLD

Absolute scam!!

Bupa pet insurance is an absolute scam. They will use any excuse not to pay. Do not insure with them. Our 12 month old dog has an accident by dislocating her hip running into a rock. No cover, not the right ‘accident’ apparently. ACCC really needs to deal with these fools. They now lose pet insurance and our health insurance that we’ve had with them for many many years. Thanks for nothing bupa, you thieving maniac.

nevin k
nevin k

Worse cover ever

Been with them for almost 6 years now never a claim… first time I put in claim in I het no benefits excess is $200 and on top benefits is 80%

mrmovafff
mrmovafffSydney, NSW

Terrible - they cover almost nothing

Been with them since 2015 our dog birth and have paid almost $4000 in premiums, only two times needed in the past 6 years to take him to vet once for check up and once for dental including checkup. They have rejected both claims and paid nothing. Zero. We cancelled our policy today. Bupa is i famous for worst insurance cover.

Sheila
SheilaSydney, NSW

Claims Rejected

Dont go with Bupa Pet Insurance. My cat was previously insured with other Insurance company and no issues with any claims in the past. Since I changed to Bupa they had rejected my claims which I paid out of pocket surgery costs $3500 and claims was rejected and was not reviewed fairly as they have not considered the additional documentations as they requested to avoid paying out the claims.

Bupa Pet Insurance is a scam! Note to other Pet owners: Avoid it at all costs.
Worst customer service.