Bupa Travel Insurance

Domestic, Premium, Essentials, Platinum (See All)
See the Best Travel Insurance in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Bupa Financial Services

• Claim Resolution Time
    • 1-2 months (2)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (2) · No (0)

Made a claim but I was the one following up with the airline! NOT RECOMMENDED!!!

• Incentivised Review No
  • DestinationSouth-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Rid
RidCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

travel insurance-Excellent service

I applied for a claim for cancellation of my tour due to COVID 19. All the costs were covered by them Thank you, Suzzane at CGU for being supportive, I recommend BUPA insurance for anyone

CLARE Turner
CLARE Turner

Excellent travel insurance

We purchased travel insurance with BUPA and I can only commend them for their professionalism & service. We had to cancel our trip to China due to CoVID-19 and BUPA refunded all our travel expenses. I won’t hesitate to use them again a special shout out to Julieanne at BUPA who processed our claim.

Taylor
TaylorSydney

Cant get an answer

The company cannot establish if you are covered without proceeding with a full claim with claim managers only available in the week. This caused significant distress following a family death trying to understand the best course of action at a difficult time. I would never insure with them again and will be changing health insurer also as a result

SharonCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Customer service staff exceptional!!!!

We needed to talk to Bupa Travel insurance phone staff whilst we were overseas and back in Australia and I was exceptionally impressed on their outstanding customer service. They were both so friendly and courteous and explained what I needed to do, for our situation, in an easy to understand way. I felt extremely supported and comforted by their level of expertise and guidance. Our policy was a very reasonable cost and our claim was handled with great ease and efficiency. This will be our 'go to' policy for every Travel insurance need we have in the future. Thank you so much.

I will never use BUPA!

I usually use BUPA when I travel overseas but last year when I tried to make a claim due to the fact my flight was delayed by 15hrs which meant I lost 1-day accommodation & my car transfer was missed to due my flight. BUPA said I could not make that claim because it was a a technical issue with the airline. Is this not the reason why we buy travel insurance????

Trent
Trent

Misleading policy

My flight was delayed in Vietnam overnight for 18 + hours. I had to urgently get to Sydney and took another flight, thinking (based on the policy) I was covered for delayed travel. Some pages of the policy stated: “canceled or rescheduled travel” unlimited for singles. The fine print unfortunately meant that if the carrier has delayed due to engineering reasons, I wasn’t covered at all for the alternate flight I purchased. Also I had to chase up the CGU end of the operation to get any clarification, they weren’t overly proactive about getting in touch.

Travel insurance and COVID-19: what you need to know

For many, international travel is back on the cards. Getting travel insurance that covers COVID-19 related events can give you peace of mind so that you can enjoy your trip while being safe, smart, and prepared - and you should know what to look out for before you shop around.

Clara V.

credit-card-awards-2020
Too old
Too old

They kick you out when you are 70

3 years now I had the travel insurance and thankfully never had to use it. Now I got a letter, that they kick me out because I am 70 years old. What a poor policy this is!

Puna
PunaLong Jetty

Conditions not covered.

Disappointed to find out that BUPA Travel Insurance (CGU) was not able to cover my pre exisitng condition although I have not had problems doing so in the past either through BUPA or alternate travel insurers.

Find out how Bupa Travel Insurance compares to other Travel Insurance

Helpful with first time claim settled

I used Bupa travel insurance for a trip to Europe last year, I made a claim as airport lines and set up made me miss my flight and as result of this the return trip was then cancelled by the flight operator. I purchased alternative tickets to get to and from my destination. I made a claim when I got back home and they were helpful in telling me what information I need to support and process my claim.

The process was simple and straight forward and very happy that I went with them.

Ruth
RuthBrisbane

Insurance Claim settled quickly and profesionally

Unfortunately due to becoming ill I was unable to travel and my travelling companion and had to cancel ouroverseas holiday. We rang Bupa claims and they organised a claims consultant who listed the necessary documentation they needed. We sent this through Friday and had our total claim approved on Monday including the visa's and medical expenses incurred. We highly recommend using Bupa travel insurance - good value for money, the claims service was professional and prompt. Very impressed.

Did Not Need Insurance

The policy was good value.
The Cruise followed the Cyclone "Iris" up the Queensland coast where our Cruise was going and believe it or not "Iris" turned around while we were in Cairns and the Cruise followed her back down the coast .we still enjoyed the Cruise although three days were very "Rock and Roll" Very good entertainment-Very good Crew.
I am so glad that I did not have to claim on Insurance

Find out how Bupa Travel Insurance compares to other Travel Insurance

Heath conditions that are not covered

I was disappointed that there is no cover for heart conditions. Even if your condition was resolved more than 20 years prior to travel there is no avenue to provide Specialist Doctor reports to get cover. I will be going with another insurer that will cover me with a doctors advise on my next trip.

Sarah
SarahAdelaide

Very supportive, quick and generous

Gretchen F.Bupa Financial ServicesSend a private message

Hidden exclusions in travel insurance. I'm going back to RAA.

Tess S
Tess S

I do not know how to private message you, Sarah. I've lost $170 but I am happy in knowing I may have stopped some others from mistakenly thinking cancelled flights are covered and to consider this before taking out insurance with BUPA. Thanks anyway.

Gretchen F.Bupa Financial ServicesSend a private message

Hi Tess, thanks for your message.
I have sent you a private message in which you can reply to.
Thanks,
Sarah

gul b.
gul b.asked
Bupa Travel Insurance

Will it cover my pregnancy ? A C-Section in USA I will be travelling US to give birth so will cover the delievery ??? What are the conditions and procedure

Phil
Philasked
Bupa Travel Insurance

I am travelling to Thailand for an extended stay as I do each year.
I own a motorcycle over there.
Yes I have an Australian motorcycle licence and a Thai motorcycle licence and wear a helmet.
Now my concern.
I worry about lying on the road somewhere after an accident and being taken to a private hospital
Am I covered for private hospital?
I need a policy that will cover private care because the public hospitals are bad
Even Thai people say they might die in public hospital system.
Just need peace of mind that if something happens I can get good emergency treatment at a private hospital
Phil

Hanum
Hanumasked
Bupa Travel Insurance

Hi there, may I ask if non-Australian is eligible for the BUPA travel insurance and does it covers pregnancy? I'm a Malaysian and going to Australia for holiday. I'm looking for travel insurance that can cover pregnancy while in Australia.

See all Bupa Travel Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and Bupa Financial Services representatives

Compare all 4 Bupa Travel Insurance
CategoryTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Car, Health, Home and Contents and PetCar, Health, Home and Contents and PetCar, Health, Home and Contents and PetCar, Health, Home and Contents and Pet
UnderwriterInsurance Australia LimitedInsurance Australia LimitedInsurance Australia LimitedInsurance Australia Limited
Maximum Age Covered 85 years old85 years old85 years old85 years old
Medical Coverage
Overseas Emergency Assistance UnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedNot Included
Accidental Death$25,000$15,000Not Included$10,000
Emergency DentalUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedNot Included
Pregnancy (max weeks) 24 weeks24 weeks24 weeks24 weeks
Resumption of Journey $6,000$2,500Not IncludedNot Included
Hospital Cash Allowance$50 per day, up to $6,000$50 per day, up to $3,000$50 per day, up to $1,000Not Included
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedNot Included
Loss of Income$10,400$6,500Not Included$4,500
Permanent Disability$25,000$15,000Not Included$10,000
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash $500Not IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Delayed Luggage $750$500 after 10 hoursNot Included$500
Credit Card Fraud$3,000 as part of Travel Documents cover$2,000 as part of Travel Documents cover$1,000 as part of Travel Documents cover$500 as part of Travel Documents cover
Travel Documents / Passport $3,000$2,000$1,000$500
Maximum Single Item Limit $3,000 (Laptops or Cameras)$1,500 (Laptops or Cameras)$750 (Laptops or Cameras)$1,500 (Laptops or Cameras)
Luggage & Personal Effects $15,000$7,500$3,000$2,500
Ancillary
Personal Liability $2,500,000.00$2,000,000.00$1,000,000.00$1,000,000.00
Rental Vehicle Excess $5,000$3,000Not Included$4,000
Motorbike / Moped Coverage Included for any sizeIncluded for any sizeIncluded for any sizeIncluded for any size
Domestic Pet Care $650Not IncludedNot IncludedNot Included