Caffitaly S22

See the Best Capsule / Coffee Pod Machines in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Review of Caffitaly Coffee Machine S12 Velocissimo

I purchased this machine on a recommendation from a friend.
It is not expensive nor are the pods I used.
It makes a creamy coffee with a layer of cream that sits on top of the pod coffee which makes it taste so good. The machine itself is quite bulky and I did have a bit of trouble descaling it and the instructions where a bit difficult to follow but overall it produces a high quality taste equal to café coffee and is easy to use.

Purchased in January 2018 for $150.00.

Consistency
Product is used: Daily

Fantastic coffee machine at a reasonable price,

This is a brilliant machine!
I have had mine for three years now and never had any problems with it!
What I love most about it are the many functions available for a very reasonable price and the fact that I don’t require a seperate milk frother, as the machine has one incorporated!

Purchased in July 2016 at Woolworths for $199.00.

Consistency
Milk Frothing
Product is used: Several times a week

Cant get a milk jug so no milk no coffee

I have got a s22 coffee machine i have had 2 milk jug and they have both cruck and i can not get one i am not very happy with the Machine so i and going to get throw it out. I will never by a Caffitaly machine again. Thank you i will tell people about this so they dont waste there money.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Going strong for 4 years now

I bought this as a birthday present to myself years ago and it still gets daily use. My only issue is that the descaling feature never ever completes properly and I have to do a quick factory reset to finish the job. The coffee itself is quite satisfactory and I always get a compliment on my coffee.

Date PurchasedNov 2013

Great little machine

Very easy to use even for a non savy person like me had no problems except the plastic tubing for the milk froffer went down the sink so had to find out how to get a replacement but found out on their website so that made that easy found out price and product information

Date PurchasedApr 2016

You get what you pay for.

The machine itself is very easy to use. I just find it that the measurement for a full tall glass of coffee and milk is not enough. When I want a tall glass of coffee with milk, I have to press the tall milk button again to fill up my cup. There's a huge range of coffee pods as well, but okay tasting one for me is the moccona branded ones. The other ones are just bad as instant coffee so why use a pod system.

The milk container is only enough for maybe 2 standard cups. And the flip holder doesn't even fit a standard size mug.

It was on sale on Woolworths when we purchased it. Only used it for 6 months and never been touched again as instant coffee (Moccona) is a less hassle to make in the morning.

Less waste as well with the coffee pods made of lots of plastic.

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Working great since Dec 2016.

Nice All in One simple activation machine for consistent hot cappucino c Hot milky Chocolate too.
Ubiquitous Caffitaly Pods (CPs) available from multiple diff companies ie Moccona, MAP, Mr Barista (Coles), Gloria Jean also
Shame we can't get our fav. beans ground n podded up. too many internal bits inside pods to DIY. We like Genoese. CP Coffees comparable to problematic DeLonghi Prima Donna machine (Italian $1500 and Always needed costly fixing... we just won't go DeLonghi anymore!)
However v little residue/ sludge comes out compared to ALDIs inferior equiv. (which now only sits in our 'Away' kit/garage)
Needs cleaning 2x/week. Milk disp difficult to Truly properly clean. No D+Vs as yet tho.
Reliability seems variable cf other reviews.
(Q. Any body got evidence re health aspects of drinking from heated plastic pods? Eg BPA, micrplastics etc - pl post me)

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Caffitaly S22 coffee machine

I have used the Caffitaly S22 coffee machine for 3 years. I bought it at Woolworths on a special and have not had one disappointing cup of coffee. The capsules are always available. It is so easy to keep clean, takes up little space on my kitchen bench. I am useless with machines but this has been a pleasure to use.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015

Okay Machine, Capsules are a plastic waste

The Machine makes a good cupmof coffee in a reasonable amount of time.

Occasionally the pods wouldn't get punched properly by the machine and would get stuck. I would need a lot of force to open the machine and get them back out again.

The milk container has many parts to wash, if you don't wash it every time it gwtsucg harder to clean.

The plastic capsules are a big waste.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Great coffee machine

I had use different type of coffee machine all these years and found these machine is remarkable.

Pods are easily found in woolies and coles with affordable price and variety from different brands. And these machine has been working fine everyday for two years apart from some de-scaling issue which need to be done over time.

Milk compartment can be easily detached and store in the fridge after use but cleaning it needs a bit of work unless you are going to use another milk frother(somehow you still have to clean it too...unless you don't clean at all and that is a YUCK!)

Overall, great machine with affordable price and pods are easily found with big variety from many brands. You just need to choose the right coffee pods that suit you.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Amazing coffee

We use this machine at least 3 times a day sometimes up to 10! We vary between the Woolworths brand strong coffee and hubby likes the Gloria Jeans strong one! Both tast amazing! Extremely easy to use. If we do not use all of the milk from the frother we just remove it from the machine and put in the fridge until next coffee break. Extremely easy to clean with tablets or the liquid.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Not great.

PRO'S
- Compatible with lots of other pods.
- Easy to use.
- Relatively inexpensive.
- Decent amount of water storage.
- Easy access to spare parts on Caffitaly website.

CON'S
- Frustrating to clean as there are lots of small components.
- The milk isn't very hot.
- The plastic milk frother component gets tiny cracks due to not being able to cope with heat - even though the milk doesn't get very hot.
- Flimsy.
- Regular errors.

Honestly I would prefer to buy another brand next time, the machine is just too frustrating to clean every day.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Very good and affordable

I am using this coffee machine 2 years I bought from Woolworths special christmas prize it was $99.- at the moment my mug front of me drinking my beautiful decaf coffee with listening my husband complementary about the coffee I made from Caffitaly S22. First of all I learnt how to use it. Never use any other brands! If you used accidentally clean very carefully, I used 1.75 mm crochet hook :D. Then 3 glass of tea water cleaned perfectly. I use one capsule first of mag with milk then I put an other glass to use the same capsule for a cup of coffee with milk end up with cleaning milk button and add my mug and sprinkle Nesquik (not the others please) woolworths have very nice price and a big range of Caffitaly capsules. I am very happy with this coffee machine.

Date PurchasedDec 2015
Note: I will try to explain the use this great machine. Milk Frother is sometime can be block of dried milks (hot+AirC etc) take a needle not so thin one, a bit thick clean the little hole and you will see the differences. end never forget clean coffee taps.like I send before. The size of the coffee chance but fit one capsule in a big mug like I'm using! first use Mug and milk sign when finish push the small cup coffee sign with milk or big cup coffee without milk. Your coffee turn to amazing testy coffee.

Not to bad

Not worth it for the price a lot better options out there. Only bonus is there’s a lot of different brand pods that fit the machine. Pretty easy to operate and to clean. Would recommend researching options and variants prior to purchase as you’ll se what suits your needs best

Date PurchasedNov 2017

couldn't live without our Caffitaly coffee machine.

Love the taste of the coffee and the excellent milk frother attached to the machine. Would have preferred a larger water tank but the ease of use outweighs this issue. The manual is very informative and easy to follow and I find cleaning is a breeze if you follow the manual instructions.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Love the range of pods that can be use in this

We have had this machine since Sep 2016, I love the fact that you can use so many different brands of pod with it. Something is always on special which makes it reasonably cheap. It's pretty simple to clean, the biggest downfall on this machine would be that it doesn't quite make the milk hot enough, so you always have just a warm coffee! Aside from that the coffee is nice, and it froths the milk well.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Best ever.

Awesome coffee machine massive selection of different brands of coffee to use and tastes awesome. So quick and easy to use we even bought my mum one and she uses it every single day. Love the helpful cleaning system makes it so easy to keep in good condition.
Very simple to use just read instructions first.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

This product is good but has a fault.

This product was the one I got I made a mistake when I did my first product review. This machine had a fault when I first got it, it broke down the first time the descaling light came on, I put the descaling coupling on but it didn't work, it stopped working altogether so had to take it back, I discovered that the descaling coupling was not long enough, the pin was too short so it wouldn't work, I glued another piece on to it and have had no more problems, I did notify the company but not sure if they corrected it, have had no problems since.

Date PurchasedJun 2015

Nice while it lasted!

I graduated onto the S22 after reading that it frothed and served your milk automatically AND that Woolies had it on special for $99 reduced from $199. So I bought it Xmas 2015. It did everything it said it would although I was a tiny bit disappointed that it was recommended not to use a stock of Aldi coffeepods I just happened to have. The frothy coffee was quick, cheap and convenient and came at the press of a button. Heaven on the cheap, I thought. Then came time to descale. After following instructions I had to phone the service number who guided me through the reset procedure and all went well for a week or two when I had to ring them again- it's a bit of a long winded procedure but it works. I had to ring twice more and they mentioned that they could email the reset instructions. Finally, armed with those I had to use them probably another half dozen times during the year, after descaling and sometimes for no apparent reason at all. However, the coffee was consistently good- I tried all the different capsules and honestly could not choose a favourite as they were all good. The machine was easy to use and look after and I was happy.

I saw at Xmas 2016 that there was a newer machine, the s23, and on sale at $50 off the normal $199 at Woolies

Fate would have it that half way through January the s22 gave up the ghost and was out of warranty, so I bid a fond and reluctant farewell to the s22 and splashed out on the s23. A worthy replacement that has the reset instructions included this time.

Date PurchasedDec 2015

Disappointed it didnt last that long

I was really happy with my Caffitaly system it was easy to use and had great tasting coffee with a big range of pods to choose from , the only down side is the milk was always too frothy and it was never a hot cup of coffee just warm. I had mine for 19 months and its just started tripping my safety switch at home and cutting our power off we narrowed all appliances down to that machine so now I cant use it unfortunately being 19 months the warranty is now expired, I'm very surprised a coffee machine can be faulty so soon after purchase ive got friends whove had coffee machines for years with no issues having said that I know a couple who also have my machine longer than me and theirs is still going , I always looked after it and cleaned correctly etc,, so just be aware it might not last as long as you think