Camperman Australia

Camperman Australia

See the Best Car Hire Services in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

• Booking Process
  • Received Booked Vehicle
    • No, I received a better vehicle (5)
    • No, I received a worse vehicle (2)
  • Vehicle Condition
  • Incentivised Review Yes (9%) · No (91%)

Shaun M.

Shaun M.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great van + great service = great holiday

These guys really made our east coast trip.
Not only was the van perfect for the 3 of us but the staff really took the time to explain everything and help us.
Thoroughly recommend ;)

Vehicle TypeToyota HiAce
Received Booked Vehicle No, I received a better vehicle

Worst camper rental on the planet

Van = scrap! 600.000km, everything is broken! The vans belong in the junkyard. we were a group of 3 vans and all 3 were scrap. The highlight was the cockroach nest under the fridge. Customer service absolutely cheeky! keep your hands off the company!

Vehicle Condition

We had a great short road trip in the camper man! Great way to get away.

Great way to have a little get away! Highly recommend camperman...we did a short road trip to the hunter valley. The camper was a great way to take our trip.

Claire C.

Claire C.Sydney, NSW

The best choice of campervan for your road trip !!!

Vehicle TypeMaxie

John Tamaresis

John TamaresisGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great Group

I totally recommend this group for service and professionalism. The admin arm in Cairns handled and answered all my queries in a prompt manner. The guys at the Melbourne depot were simply brilliant - being a first time road tripper, they made my trip experience easy with some amazing tips. Thank you all and I'll be back. I recommend this group for service and added value.

Very good experience !

Our campervan was really a good choice. Although the car was 9 years old and 500.000 km, all the equipment was near perfect and clean. This campervan allowed us to stop in different towns and villages along our trip from Melbourne till Byron Bay and in some cases we had lunch near a river or a wonderful places where we could enjoy Australias nature.
May be mentioned that for the night a good blanket would be useful.

Lluís
Lluís

ok

Scott

ScottDarling Downs, QLD

All you need.

Customer service was good. All the payments and bonds handled well. Received the vehicle that we expected. Did a road trip from Airlie Beach to Port Douglas and back, handled the trip well.

thanks i hate it

Ben

BenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Top Aussie holiday

By far one of my favourite Australian holidays. Campers come equipped with everything and have extra equipment available on request. Great customer service. We delivered our van to Victoria from Brisbane and managed to go via the Barossa valley for a wedding. Got to see quite a bit on the drive but you should try and allow more time to explore the places you visit which was the only downside to our trip. Overall great experience and would definitely do it again as well as highly recommend it to everyone which a need for adventure.

• +1
Sue

SueSouth East Queensland, QLD

Everything we needed on board.

Quick to respond with quotes for various models we looked at.
We actually got a better model than we had asked for so that was great.
We were on a short holiday so a compact model was fine. Would get a larger one for a longer trip.
6 days/2 people/North Qld in September. We went up the mountain to Wallaman Falls and the camper handled it well.

Received Booked Vehicle No, I received a better vehicle

thanks for the great trip! We’ll be coming back!!

Just very nice!

Vehicle TypeMaxie

Value for money !

We made a one way trip from Airlie Beach to Cairns
Camping mostly unpowered sites, that was no problem for the battery.
The van was clean and in good condition.
The terms and conditions were very well explained by the staff.
Returning the van went easy and swift.
For us it was a great way to visit the north-east of Queensland.

Vehicle TypeToyota Camry

John and Liz

John and LizSouth West, WA

Good vehicle and value for money

We (2) hired a Juliette3 for two weeks in July out of Cairns. The van whilst being a little old (hence the lower rental price!) was in excellent condition - clean and with a new looking set of tyres. We were shown around the vehicle on pickup, with the equipment and usage of items explained. The vehicle was equiped with enough bedding, cooking utensils, etc to make it comfortable. We tavelled up through the Atherton Tablelands, on to Cooktown and then back to the Daintree. The van never missed a beat.. very reliable. The staff in Cairns were all very friendly and informative from start to finish. Our bond was returned after two weeks as promised. We would recommend using this rental firm and would not hesitate to use them again.

Vehicle TypeJuliette 3
Nick

NickFar North Queensland, QLD

Great service ! vehicle was clean and ran well

Always answered my questions quickly and helped when i didn't know how to use something.
followed up with me at all times , had an amazing experience and loved my trip around North QLD
Cheers Nick

Raquel

RaquelMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Disappointed with the conditions of the van

Vehicle TypeJuliette 3 Hightop

Matthew Turner

Matthew TurnerCentral, SA

Poor attention to detail

Vehicle TypeParadise
Received Booked Vehicle No, I received a worse vehicle

Best for value, reliability

I arrived at the location a hour before pickup time, staff member was eating his breakfast, he got me on the road before my pickup time, at drop off I left some cash in the van and was called immediately.
Haven’t received bond payment but I was told when paid it takes two weeks.
The vehicle was as advertised, older but reliable, enough power to pass, easy to park, perfect sunrises to wake up too and sunsets to wind down.
I rent motor homes every year and three times this year, I have tried ,Let’s go never again, Brits okay, and Apollo okay

Vehicle TypeJuliet high top

Richo

RichoSydney, NSW

Horrible company

I don't know where to start, it is hard to believe such a horrible company exists in Australia in a highly competitive environment. The staff there could be the rudest staff I have dealt with, and we spoke to multiple staff there.

Hidden fees are abundant, we had unexplained charges on our credit card that they are refusing to refund, they cheat you on the amount of days (i.e. pickup Tuesday at 10.00 am and return at 9.00 am the next day is apparently 2 days rather than 1 according to this company).

This company seems to be going out of their way to be rude and deceptive and I strongly recommend using another company. Use Britz, Travellers Autobahn or literally anyone else.

Received Booked Vehicle Yes

A perfect journey with a perfect partner!

• +1