Camperman Australia

Camperman Australia

Wonderful 10 night Campervan experience from Gold Coast.

We recently had our first ever Campervanning experience and picked up/dropped of from Gold Coast Depot. Daniel was extremely friendly and helpful, ensuring we knew everything we needed to know before we hit the road. The vehicle was upgraded to Shower/Toilet model which was a wonderful surprise and it was fully equipped with everything we needed. We had a seamless experience with Camperman and would certainly recommend without question. Our bond was refunded within days of drop off, as promised by Daniel. Overall, a great experience.

Received Booked Vehicle No, I received a better vehicle

A great 8 nights!

We had 8 nights recently touring around North Queensland. Everything from booking to drop off was smooth and professional. The van itself contained everything W needed for our trip. It was clean and reliable. Overall could not have been happier!

Received Booked Vehicle Yes

Great first time experience in a 3 berth camper van.

Great experience from start to finish. No admin issues, easy pick up and drop of, no time wasted. Bond back in good time, just had to wait a little for the fuel money.
We had a problem with the cooker not working properly, it wouldn't remain lite during operation. Whilst it was tested at pick up, just the burner turned on, the starter wasn't actually released. Something to check next time. On drop off, it was found the heat sensor was too far away.
We would suggest each van comes with a floor mat for outside the vehicle to reduced mess.
Also as it is winter and we travelled through central NSW, the sleeping bags should be fit for purpose. Those supplied were cheap Chinese sleeping bags with no temperature rating and were not up to the 0.2 degrees in Forbes overnight. The vehicle heater didn't perform very well either. Otherwise the vehicle performed great, fuel consumption was a bit rich, but the vehicle was old and was on its way to Melbourne to be sold off. Plenty of storage room, easy to use and the guide was adequate. Great for a family with small kids on a short holiday. Even better for just the two of us.

Vehicle Type3 berth hitop
Received Booked Vehicle Yes

The best camper van for our 7500 trip to Alice and back to Casuarina NSW.

The staff were very friendly and helpful and we found the Toyota long wheel base with shower and toilet perfect fir the 2 of us for the 4 week journey. Very reliable and comfortable vehicle.

Received Booked Vehicle Yes

Good if you're not expecting a brand new luxury van

We were 5 people who rented a Camperman Paradise 5 Family without toilet/shower. After reading many bad reviews on productreview we were kind of skeptical and afraid that we had chosen the wrong company for our roadtrip from Sydney to Cairns. However as it turned out everything seemed to be fine except for some minor disturbances.

First of all, the staff at pick-up was very friendly and made sure we understood everything that they explained to us (we were 5 young people whose mother tongue is not english). The van itself was already very worn and old (400,000+ km) with a few scratches and one of the handles of the inside door was broken but we already expected that we wouldn't get a new one so it didn't matter that much. Our van even got upgraded at pick-up so we had a freezer in our fridge.

The car itself ran nicely and we didn't have any problems and it also didn't break down. However there were a few things that could have been better:
- First of all, the company doesn't provide gas and the gas bottle is not full when you pick up the car. Although they make sure you know about this, it's still not very nice when you run out of gas on a camping spot and you have to wait until the next day to refill it. I'd also recommend anyone to refill it at a hardware store for around $9 (Camperman offers to do this for $25)
- There was a bar that held the cover of the fridge that broke and this resulted in the fridge being really loud at night because (we suppose) the fridge was losing coolness really fast. We had to buy a glue and fix it ourselves.
- The fridge also had a trigger for opening which broke (although you could still open the fridge, it's still not very nice to worry about such things when on holidays)
- There was a hose for refilling the water tank which wouldn't fit on the water cap so we had to refill the water tank with our canisters.

During our trip we imagined all kinds of horror scenarios where we wouldn't get our $500 deposit back (we assumed they would try to rip us off) but as it turned out we didn't have to run after them as they transfered the money back by themselves shortly after we returned the van (which by the way went smoothly as well).

All in all, I personally can recommend Camperman if you're willed to sacrifice high standards for a cheap price as the price for sure is worth it.

Received Booked Vehicle No, I received a better vehicle

A great roady...

We recently hired a Family 5 High Top Camper and enjoyed a fantastic 16 day roady from Melbourne to Sydney. The van had pretty high mileage but ran like a dream. There was plenty of room for the wife & myself and our two teenage boys. All linen, bedding & cooking utensils were supplied as advertised, and all the staff we met were friendly & helpful. No complaints there. The reason we chose Campervan over other companies was because all the toll road and National Park fees were paid by them. Can't argue with that. This review got a 4 star rating only because the van wasn't totally cleaned when we picked it up from Melbourne (which was apologised for at the time) and the ride was uncomfortably hard for the back seat passengers: we managed to alleviate this somewhat by laying a couple of swabs along it. We would definitely use Camperman again.

Received Booked Vehicle Yes

Perfect vehicle for a couple on the road!

This was our first experience with a camper van and the Juliet 3 was perfect for our needs.
We drove from the Gold Coast to just beyond Cairns and back. Being a higher vehicle, than what we were used to, meant it caught the wind somewhat out on the open road, but it handled better at slightly lower speeds.
We were given a comprehensive overview of the van before departing. All the additional items we expected to be included were there. The handling of the booking process, pick-up and return was efficient.
The only drawback we found was the electric plug which fitted into power points at camping grounds but not into domestic power points when we stopped over at a friend's place.

Perfect trip!

Good customer services. However is an old van and high mileage but the maintenance is good. I meet the alternator problem on second day also is long weekends holidays but they still help me fix it the next day so that I can continue my journey. I have return trip from Melbourne to Uluru. They also return me the bond and accommodation fees that delay my trip. I definitely will hire their van again and recommend to my friends.

Received Booked Vehicle Yes

Great experience and friendly staff

Had a great time, vehicle was clean and checked over at pick up. Everything was explained and the vehicle didn’t miss a beat. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Couldn’t ask for better service and assistance from the team at Camperman. Thank you and I will definitely be back.

Very satisfied

Hi, I made my reservation online and further communication with company was fast and OK. All of my questions was answered. I picked up in Sydney, return in Cairns. During handover was everything explained how to use, how it work. Car was clean (inside, outside) and with all necessary useful staff for camping (sleeping bags, sheets, kitchenware, a lot of others...) We did not missed nothing during our 18 days rental. Car was reliable and without any defect (only on passenger seeds was wet floor, probably A/C was licking). We had 2/3 van with manual transmission. I really enjoyed this drive and we made 4k km during our trip. In Cairns we return clean car back and handover back was without any problems. I was really satisfied with all services and with my choice.
R.H.

Amazing HoneyMoon

Had an amazing honey moon with my wife using one these Campervans!! DID NOT MISS A BEAT!! The vehicle was packed and cleaned inside and out!! We were so happy to find out that everything we needed. We practically just had to bring ourselves! Loved it so much! Not to mention we only had to pay a bond of $500!! Other companies are ridiculous even asking us to pay $3000 which is far too much for a young couple travelling. We have hired with many campervan companies and this is by far the best company! Would definitely recommend this company to anyone looking to get away.

Vehicle TypeMaxie
Received Booked Vehicle Yes

Lots of problems and no solution, unsafe!

We hired through Camperman finder and received an offer from Camperman, up untill the pick up everything was okay. Since the start of our holiday we had lots of very bad issues. No instructions were giving at pick up and soon it showed the van was not checked at all and many things were wrong: oil and water were down, housebattery did not charge, had to be replaced eventually after 5 days, waterpomp barely pumping, leaking in the cabinets (fungus inside). Gashose missing at all, had to purchase a new one. Sleeping bags got holes in them (worn out) Also the fridge is worn out, cracks and stains inside. 1 cabinet and 2 draws opening during driving, we have to block everything to keep stuff inside. No necessary by law safety attachment for boosterseat, even though this was especially mentioned during booking. Door of cascabinet on the outside cannot be locked. Stoves only work sometimes, other times the gas stops by itself. No pole inside for connecting the table, duster was supplied with no handle (broken off). Musquito gaze got holes in them, windows can't be opened during evening/night. I must be forgetting some of it. We hired for two months and after one month now still no solution. Service keeps telling us they are waiting for the management. Terrible experience!

Received Booked Vehicle No, I received a worse vehicle

Great experience

We loved our 14 day trip in the Paradise Family 5 from Sydney to Brisbane. Staff were very helpful and quick to respond to any queries during the booking process. We found Camperman to offer the best price for our trip in comparison with other providers. We had no issues on collecting our vehicle and again the staff were very friendly and helpful in Sydney. The vehicle itself was great - clean, comfortable and plenty of living space as well as storage space. Everything needed was provided -
bedding, pans, utensils etc. We had no issues with the vehicle during our trip. After returning our vehicle to Brisbane our deposit was refunded within the provided timescale and Camperman were quick to follow up and ensure we had a good experience. Would definitely recommend this company.

Received Booked Vehicle Yes

Watch out for cancellation fees

I had a camperman van booked for May 2019 with pickup in Airlie Beach. I booked in Feb & had to cancel today 4th March. Plenty of time to notify you would think. But no, deposits up to $200 are non refundable if cancelled over 30 days from pick up.
The service to this point had been fine.
So can’t comment on the van but word of caution BE AWARE OF CANCELLATION POLICY

Terrible company, cancels bookings last minute with no reason. Holiday ruined.

Avoid at all costs! Big headache, terrible experience. I booked a camper and paid deposit. Booked flights and accommodation around Camperman trip. Cameraman Australia cancelled my booking last minute with no reason why and no replacement vehicle offered. I’m stranded and out of pocket substantially. Terrible company ethics! I would highly suggest if you want a smooth holiday, don't book with Camperman, they don't care less. As for compensation there is none either. But if you were to cancel you have to pay fees, how ironic! Upset and very annoyed, my holiday is ruined!

Very Happy, Amazing road trip

I Just come back from 3 weeks road trip with my family we hired a Paradise Family 5 Camperman Australia, from Sydney to Airlie Beach the van was very spacious and confortable, automatic transmission very easy to drive, a lot of storage to store clothes, bags and food, fridge had a good size and all linen and kitchen utensils were supplied. I definitely recommend this company great camper and great customer service.

Great experience

Really enjoyed my run up the coast from Melb to Sydney in a 3 birth Juliette from Camperman. Staff were great and the process was a breeze from start to finish. Will hire with them again.

Perfect first Australia trip with Camperman

We were happy with the service of camperman, friendly and very informative customer service. Our Camper Toyota Maxi was a little bit old/worn (400.000km), but we never had technical problems! The (kitchen) equipment was enough and had all what we needed for our journey.
We can recommend Camperman!

Our journey north

The customer service on pick up and drop off was excellent.
The van was basic & tidy and had everything that we needed for our journey - thanks very much , we will be back again to use Camperman
Thanks Sarah

Good experience with Camperman

I had once rented a Toyota Hiace hitop caravan from Camperman, that was a good experience. That caravan was old and had run near 400000Km on odometer but it was in a reasonable condition and seams reliable, and it was cheap. Their staff at Gold Coast and Sydney offices are very friendly, everything was smoothly without any troubles.