Carpeesh

Carpeesh

How to compare car insurance to find the best policy for you

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

1.4

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (2)
    • 1-2 weeks (2)
    • 1-2 months (1)
    • 3+ months (2)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (4) · No (2)
Kmac

KmacSydney, NSW

Provided great service, exactly as the PDS

I scratched my car reversing in an awkward carport, I took photos uploaded it to the app was contacted within 48hrs, had my car booked in for repair within 3 days and had my car looking like brand new and back in my hands a week later. The repairers they use at GEMINI (AMA Group) offer a life time warranty on the workmanship they even offered to organise a temporary car for me which I didn't need. Yes you have a beacon in your car but I knew this when I signed up and it did not affect the level of service delivered or increase the amount of excess I paid.

*ATTENTION * Hi everyone! Avoid this dodgy company Highly not recommend them. I would gave a zero star if was possible

They ask you to pay 2 instalments upfront when you buy a monthly cover, and when you cancel after even 2 weeks they charge you $50 cancellation fees which is very unusual if u compare with other big names companies. Remember that you are not obligate to pay for 2 months upfront. They will 100% force your money.

Jim

JimSydney, NSW

Poor quality app and no service

kylefieg

kylefiegSydney, NSW

Dont use them!

They make you download an app that tracks your driving. If you don't let them track your driving, you have to pay an additional $1000 excess, on top of your policy excess!

Basically a front you track you and sell your data.

Insurance TypeComprehensive
Kyoungmin K.

Kyoungmin K.South East Queensland, QLD

It's a terrible company and app

I have signed up here and have not received any information. They charged me $1000 for not installing the app. However, I have not received any email texts. And to prove the content, I asked the my mobile company for text recording, but there was no content because of the pre-paid plan. And when I tried to install it, I couldn't even search for this app, they just laugh. It doesn't make sense to charge $1000 for not installing an app that doesn't work and doesn't work. Doing business too ignorant and stupid

Jade

Jade Sydney, NSW

If you pay peanuts you get monkeys @carpeesh!

Insurance TypeComprehensive
Gen

GenSydney, NSW

If you want a reliable Car insurer then AVOID CARPEESH!!

It’s not actually cheap- They request you to download a driver safety app that tracks “if you’re a good driver” and failure to do this results in $1000 being added to your claim regardless of whose at fault.
My husband had a bingle and provided all the details for the at fault driver to Carpeesh. When they couldn’t track him down they advised my husband that he was required to pay the $795 excess and then be reimbursed!! After a long conversation with a rude “claims assistant” they finally agreed to waive the excess!!
I made a complaint and when the manager called me back he was rude and almost laughing at me for not downloading the app in time..
This was a really horrible experience for us, as if a car crash isn’t stressful enough!!

Jade

Jade Sydney, NSW

DO NOT sign up with Carpeesh EVER! Don't deserve even one star.

Buyer Beware : Windscreen option does not cover your front camera or sensors $320 extra

I purchased the Windscreen extra cover which state there was a $50 excess if glass was replaced.
In the small print however its states doesn't cover re-calibration of front cameras or rain sensors.

O'Brien's glass repairs would not allow the car to leave the workshop with this as was not deemed roadworthy.
This cost an additional $221 so all up $321 out of pocket.
O'Brien's were shocked this was not covered and said all other policies don't charge. These items were not damaged requiring only to be reset.
Most newer car models have some technology or front cameras requiring this re-calibration. Other windscreen replacement companies require this reset also.

Susan Easton

Susan Easton Sydney, NSW

Why no negative ratings ?

I am so disappointed and frustrated with Carpeesh. I paid my premium in full . Made a claim snd paid my excess over a month ago . My claim is in a state of hold but no one is contacting me back as to why . I have left messages. Sent emails . They use an independent company to process their claims . They can’t get hold of them either .
PLEASE can this company not be recommended by comparethemarket. They can’t be allowed to operate this way. Claiming is stressful enough. We insure for peace of mind .
Their app is not accurate in it’s reviewing of driving . I’m told I have heavy acceleration so am a poor driver ... I tow a heavy work trailer everyday ... it’s not possible to speed ‍.

Bad App and Bad Service

Called to cancel policy because they wanted to increase my excess by 1K because I didn't install their app. Their cancellation fee was $55 on a $600 premium which is ridiculous. The app itself tracks you everywhere which leads to privacy concerns. They probably also use the app movement to deny claims. We put in 2 complaints to AFCA for their fee and their app

Cristian

CristianSydney, NSW

Conmen with an ABN

Request to cancel. I explicitly ask what the fees are and they choose to omit two of the three fees. They also choose to try to avoid having the conversation with you about how much will be returned. When I finally get the figure and question why after only 1 month I get only 75% paid back they then decide to state all of the other charges they didn't advise at the start. This business needs shutting down.

Wiebke

WiebkeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Horrible, deceiving, hidden costs at cancellation

STAY AWAY!!

Carpeesh are deceiving their customers by applying an additional $1000 excess if you don't download the app within a month and allow them to monitor and track your driving habits. I decided to cancel my policy because I don't appreciate this violation of privacy.

I initiated the cancellation of my policy as a result, and was informed about an early cancellation fee of $55. However, when I went ahead and cancelled the policy, they kept another $70 which seems completely random. In the end I was insured with them for 35 days which has cost me $160!!! They interpret their T&C's whichever way works best for them, by jumping between paragraphs, documents, and statements.

STAY AWAY!!

Deceiving

Cheating insurance services

Carpeesh has hidden terms where they need you to place a GPS device in your car and an app on you phone in order to fulfill they’re terms. If you do not have this they charge you an additional $1000 to you excess if you crash. I don't wanna be trap under any apps which follow and spy me everywhere, they should write down in the description, not let people bought the policy and found out there is such a thing like that. It's very bad service insurance, now I just want to cancel the policy. Should not go with this insurance, otherwise you will be lock in the case forever.

Stuart M.

Stuart M.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

You will be tracked and monitored every day every where you go and your driving skills will be monitored.

Christian

ChristianSydney, NSW

Can't fault them, did what they said they would do

My car was written off by another driver. Called Monday morning to make the claim, my car was assessed 2 days later, I sent through the paperwork they asked for on Thursday and the money was in my bank account the following Monday! Hassle free claims process and quick turn around. Policy pricing was very competitive too and I like the app to get driving feedback. Thanks carpeesh!

Evo

Evo

Horrible Insurer

I was insured with Carpeesh for a few months before I had an accident. Up till that moment they were alright. But experience since my car was in accident was very disappointing. Horrible service. They don't look after you at all.

Lauren

LaurenSydney, NSW

This is not just Car Insurance Policy it is a Tracking Device and Analysis on your Driving Skills

I wanted Comprehensive Car Insurance at a good price, thats it.
This is much more than that; you will have to forgo your privacy and allow them to track not only your cars movements; but all registered drivers phones as well.
On top of this they 'rate' your driving ability of each trip you complete 'to help you become a better driver'

None of this is REALLY CLEARLY apparent until after the cooling off period; which is when they send out the tracking beacon for your car that you pair with both your vehicle and all registered drivers phones.

I think its sneaky and not clearly highlighted in the purchasing process.

I choose to cancel and forgo all the fees to have a little of my privacy back.

Dan Healy

Dan Healy

Hidden costs and terms, unfriendly service - avoid

Carpeesh has hidden terms where they need you to place a GPS device in your car and an app on you phone in order to fulfill they’re terms. If you do not have this they charge you an additional $1000 to you excess if you crash. They also charge an additional month of cover initially but still charge you in the next 30 days. As well as this their service start are blunt, rude and unhelpful. Further more when asking for a refund on the future service paid for initially a $55 dollar fee applies and they calculate your coverage incorrectly and attempt to charge more. Do not go with Carpeesh - let this business fail.