Alex G.

Alex G.Banks 2906, ACT

Customer claims - only if you have hours to spare during business hours

I have had to wait 2 hours + on hold on multiple occasions during business hours as CGU does not employ enough phone call center staff and only open during business hours; expecting the rest of us to take time off work to deal with claims and claim updates. Unacceptable.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Car ModelToyota Avalon

On hold for 3 hours

Car ModelAudi A4 B7
Ruth Mendones
Ruth Mendones
Jeremy L.

Jeremy L.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Horrendously Slow Claim Process!

Lodged a claim on 20th January for hail damage, was told the "partner" repairer will contact me within 24 hours to book for an assessment. 2 weeks later receive a call from repairer whilst i was having in a meeting and couldn't pick up. Try to call back repairers to no avail, as i keep hearing the automated message. Called CGU if they can help me book the assessment on my behalf they said no and apparently the best they can do is send an email to repairer which i already did and obviously repairers don't reply emails too. It's been one month my car have not been assessed for damages can't wait to see how long it takes to get my money back from CGU if my car gets written off.

Care TeamCGU

Hey Jeremy, thanks for letting us know about this, can you message our Facebook page with your claim number please facebook.com/cguinsurance and we will be happy to escalate your claim to the manager to get you some answers. Thanks. ~Kaz

moonster

moonster

Poor customer service, family left high and dry, do not use CGU for Car Insurance

Graham C.

Graham C.Canberra 2600, ACT

Shocking experience avoid at all costs

Car ModelBMW 3 Series
Care TeamCGU

Terrible lied to me many times. Complaints handed poorly.

Went through our bank for car insurance with CGU. This was a mistake. CGU are dishonest, slow, inefficient and apathetic. We are currently working through a claim. CGU for the most part won't communicate with us, referring us to the repairer. The repairer refers us back to CGU. Our car is likely to be written off, but no one will communicate when an assessment will be completed. Avoid CGU, we are in the process of pulling all our policies from them. Couldn't imagine the people who lost houses in fires with CGU are dealing with.

L.LeGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Took 1 YEAR for 1 claims, and still on going troubles with court order!!! Worse insurance company ever!!!

Insurance TypeThird Party Property Damage
Claim DateFebruary 2019

Istiaque A.

Istiaque A.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Horrible in Handling Claim

Car ModelToyora Camry ASV50R / AVV50R Hybrid H
Care TeamCGU

Hi Istaque, I am aware you have brought this to our attention on social media and know you have been in touch with us since posting this. I do hope you get the resolution you are after and apologies for the way we've left you feeling. ~Natalie

Gul

GulSydney, NSW

Liars!!!

I wouldn't give 1 star either. They never solve my problem and not even willing to solve the problem. I am waiting for more than 3 months to get fixed my car where the CGU's client at fault and CGU's response is "waiting for client's reply, so they can meet their obligations" and that "reply" is taking for that long and when I ask how long is going to take, they say "we don't know and we don't give time frame". Such a rip off company, liar, 0 customer service, lazy employees. You wait for at least 30 minutes to speak with the agent, when they answer your call, they even not apologatic, instead they are rude and never solve your problem. Not recommended, stay away from this company, hope they go for bankruptcy.

Insurance TypeThird Party Property Damage
Claim DateOctober 2019
Car ModelToyota Prius C NHP10R
D D.

D D.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Wow, these guys are really terrible!

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateDecember 2019
Care TeamCGU

Worst Insurer due to claims process, painful nothing but hassles.

Claim DateNovember 2019
Claim ApprovedNo
Car ModelFord Focus LZ (Hatchback)

Danny

DannySydney, NSW

Rubbish

Had a crash and now my car is sitting at home waiting for it to be towed and assessed and they still cant come after over a week so Im gonna tow it myself.

annaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

STAY AWAY FROM CGU

WARNING to steer away from CGU! Worst company ever! They will try and find any policy to try not to pay you what is rightfully yours. Even the top manager will fabricate his own policy to get away with not paying you and us workaholics cant afford expensive lawyers to fight against them. Do yourself and everyone else you know a favour - STAY AWAY.

Insurance TypeComprehensive, Compulsory Third Party, Third Party Property Damage, Third Party, Fire and Theft and Veteran, Vintage and Classic Vehicle

Thanks Natalie.

Horrible! Company that provides misleading information.

We have been with this insurance company for 3 years and it is only when it comes to being involved in a car crash that you realise how unreliable they are. Signed us up for insurance telling us that an under 25 driver was insured. When it has come time to claim a not at fault collision, it has been rejected because the cover had 'inexperienced driver' not 'age' as the excess. We were not explained this at the time of commitment.
Contacted the company and was told because the original conversation occurred in person, not over the phone there was no evidence/recording and that we essentially had no rights.
Company doesn't care about customers, only about dollars.
Wouldn't recommend to anyone.

Claim MadeYes
Claimant is the policy holder No
Claim Resolution Time<1 week

Neb-Maat-ReAU

Bureaucratic, argumentative & unpleasant to deal with

Karin

KarinDarwin, NT

While customer service can be a little slow in responding (heavy workload possibly??) I am very happy with the value of the service provided to me. It's the first time I had to submit a claim and the outcome was excellent. Good repairer, good customer service by CGU in resolving the matter. Thank you!

Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Care TeamCGU

Hi Karin, thank you for the positive review. Let us know in the future if you ever need further assistance. ~ Jono

The Worst Insurance decision of my life.

The worst experience ever. I will never recommend CGU and cannot wait for the day I leave. CGU do not deserve a 1 star rating but that is the lowest I can give them.
Been with them 6mths.
I have contacted CGU over 10 times over 3wks and have never had a response.
There communication systems are call centres overseas and the assessor here never speaks to you. They have had my car 3 wks and they treat people with total disregard.
I contacted the financial obudsmen and they referred me back to cgu.
3 wks no car and no response from assessor after multiple phone calls and emails.
Never use this company is my recommendation.

Claim DateSeptember 2019
Car ModelHonda Civic 10th Gen (Hatchback) VTi-LX
Dom T.

The worst vehicle insurer in Australia

Claim DateAugust 2019
Claim ApprovedYes
Car ModelFord Ranger PX.II (2015-Present)

Poor insurance company

My car was stolen for two months,Without compensation, they also asked the investigator to conduct a comprehensive investigation of me, including your income, your friends, call records,After two months, the police found my car. I need some repairs. They still try to stop me from repairing.I haven't fixed my car until now.During the claim period, you must pay for your insurance.Don't apply for this insurance company. They only try a thousand ways to make no claims! Very bad

Warren

WarrenMelbourne

CGU got my policy wrong after a month, yeah right.

Hit from behind 1 month ago agreed a figure after 3 weeks CGU got policy wrong and I have to deal with 3rd party insurer Asked to get pictures of car but it has moved from Dandenong to Pickles Dodgy.

Insurance TypeThird Party, Fire and Theft
Claim DateJuly 2019
Car ModelHolden Commodore VZ
Care TeamCGU

Hi Warren, not the way we want you feeling during a claim. If you would like us to chase it up - please message us by going to https://www.facebook.com/cguinsurance/ and let us know you're from Product Review. ~Natalie