Chelsea Flooring

Chelsea Flooring

See the Best Timber Flooring in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Never turned up on time, until they wanted money

We had our jarrah floors sanded and polished by Chelsea before we moved in. Their contractor needed to install a small section of new flooring where a fireplace was removed.
Whilst the initial work was fine, contractors began not turning up when they said they would. I was late to work on more than one occasion due to their no show.
They were so late in the end that our cabinet installer was on site and about to install the kitchen when the sanders arrived.
There was a small repair to be done with the threshold into our en-suite but this was done poorly. After trying to contact the manager (Shane) he again was a no show.
He eventually phoned and aggressively said they had underquoted the job. I refused to relent. It wasn’t until we said we would not pay until it was repaired that he turned up...early. He refused to leave until we agreed to pay and “promised” someone would return to repair the threshold. Someone did turn up and installed a new piece of timber, but, unsurprisingly they never returned to sand and seal the threshold. Calls then went unanswered.
I have been told Chelsea flooring had gone out of business but had reopened. I certainly hope Shane is no longer part of the business.
Be very careful when considering Chelsea Flooring.

Job Satisfaction
Hi Michael, Thankyou for sending through your review. I’m sorry to hear that your experience with Chelsea Flooring was not positive. We are now under new management and Shane Barrett is no longer part of our company. Going forward quality workmanship and customer service will be our top priority. Kind regards, Tahnee at Chelsea Flooring

So happy with our floors and service

From start to finish Chelsea flooring were professional, clean working and treated our house as a home not a work site. And the finished product, our wooden floors, are brilliant. Shane and his team were very reliable and always on hand to answer any queries.So happy with their service and end result. No hesitation in recommending this company

Thrilled with my new floors

I am thrilled with my floors done by Chelsea Flooring. I won't hesitate to recommend you to anyone wanting their floors sanded.

Great job, despite several problems !

We undertook a full engineered floor job (satin finish / blackbutt ) with Chelsea and Shane in Sep-18. What started as a 3-day job, ended up been 2 weeks of pain. Our old carpet had hidden some original 1970s vinyl flooring that had asbestos backing and glue. This caused weeks of delay, and safe removal. Chelsea flooring tried their best to move around our various requirements during this period (including a last minute decision to knock down a wall, and concrete some areas of the sunroom, that didn't have slab), and i think they did a really great job handling all of this, particularly Shane. Would definitely use them again, despite the problems we had during the whole reno !

Worst installer in the industry

Chelsea flooring has installed my parquetry flooring in August 2016, Although I had few other cheaper quotes from professional installers, I went to Chelsea flooring as I thought they will do a better job.
Unfortunately, it was a disaster, I has stained floor their sating was not consistent, and has very dark patches everywhere. Also, I my flooring had problem with quoting, it started peeling off. They initially said it due to winter time it will take 2-4 weeks to cure the coating, but after even two months it did not make any difference.
As they refused come ad rectify my flooring I had to hire some other installer to rectify my flooring. As a result, I had to delay moving in to my house more than 6 months.

My only advice to others is: avoid these people at any cost they are the worst in the industry.

Hi Garvin, Chelsea Flooring installed parquetry timber flooring that was pre-purchased by yourself. We did not supply you with the timber. As per legal advice you received back in 2016, it states: ‘where an owner such as yourself supplies a material which is deficient in some way, and that deficiency is unknown to the contractor (as is the case here) there is no liability on the contractor.” The moisture content of your timber fell outside of the Australian Standard 2795 -1995 which provides for moisture range of between 9.0 – 14.0% The AFTA report received by you clearly states the following: “The post installation uptake of moisture is considered the only contributing factor to the distortion issue.” Besides this, we would like to point out how you advised your bank to reverse your credit card transaction and tried to use the AFTA report as proof against us, which was certainly not the case. Along with this we received a false Magistrates court form that had been tampered with. Contrary to your comments, we did not ‘refuse’ to come and rectify your floor. Infact we have a formal letter from you that we completed rectification works for you in September and October. The delays with regards to resanding your floor due to it cupping were due to: 1. the faulty product supplied and inadequate moisture levels in your floor which had to come to an acceptable level for works to be completed. 2. The fact that your faulty timber has nothing to do with us. There is plenty of correspondence with regards to this, along with an AFTA report and emails from an Honoured AFTA inspector. ThankyouATFA inspector has made a mistake by quoting incorrect standards, he used floor board standards instead of parquetry flooring. When tested both used and unused materials were within the lower level limit of the parquetry flooring standards. Also, as an experienced installer it is Chelsea Flooring’s responsibility to check the moisture content of the flooring materials before this installation. Chelsea has accepted the flooring deemed suitable to install, complain after the event is not a professional practice. The moisture issue and minor peaking of floor boards do not have any link with staining issues on my floor and delaminating of the polyurethane coating. Chelsea used this as an excuse to hide their very poor work. Chelsea has agreed to rectify the flooring, but I was asked to pay very close the amount of original installation cost. Chelsea tried to make a profit from their very poor work.

Fantastic service and quick turnaround

Excellent service by Shane and his team. We had new flooring installed on an upper floor and staircase and re-polished existing flooring. The team at Chelsea flooring were prompt and did a great job. We were very happy with the result. Thanks Shane.

Superb renovation of existing floor

Chelsea Flooring recently completed sanding and resealing of our WA Blackbutt floors. The result exceeded our expectations and our 15 year old floor looks brand new. Shane's team arrived on the agreed date and went about their work with a minimum of fuss.They were polite and their quality was excellent. Completion was a day earlier than we expected.
Highly Recommended

Fantastic service

We had new engineered floorboards installed by Chelsea flooring and am really very happy with the results. Shane made sure everything went smoothly and kept in contact daily as the job progressed. They are really nice people to work with.

Quick turnaround and full service provided

Very happy with the service from Shane and his team.
Jumped in and got it done as quickly as possible and even arranged a clean top crew afterwards.
Renovating our kitchen, we were struggling to get a flooring team to match an existing bamboo board and install a relatively small area including steps.
Chelsea flooring quoted and got stuck in immediately getting all other trades back on schedule.
Thanks Shane.

5 Star Service

We had our Limed Oak Engineered floor installed and are delighted with the level of service and quality of workmanship. After a stressful build and many delays Chelsea Flooring were one of a handful of trades that committed to our timeframe and actually delivered. Highly recommended. Thanks Shane and the team.

Amazing work

We just built our new house and had marri floor boards put down by Chelsea Flooring. We are so happy with the service and result we got. The team came in and did an awesome job and cleaned everything up after themselves. Couldn’t speak more highly of the service we got and wouldn’t hesitate to recommend their services.

Beautiful Timber Floors

We have used Chelsea Flooring for our timber floors in our last two homes. We decided to use Blackbutt throughout in our current home and are very satisfied with our choice. Chelsea Flooring has maintained a professional and caring attitude in all our dealings and we would certainly recommend them to anyone looking for a first class product.

Great service and quality work!

A few months back, we made the decision to install engineered Marri floorboards throughout our home. So glad we chose Chelseas Flooring as Shane and all his staff went above and beyond for us and achieved a brilliant result. I absolutely love my floors! Thanks again!

Jarrah Floors

My wife and I were recommended to Chelsea Flooring by a friend to supply and install jarrah flooring. Dealing with Shane (the proprietor) from day one to completion has been a pleasure.
Having renovated a few properties over the years, we have been impressed with the way Shane and his tradesmen have communicated our job from first board laid to final coat.
We have one beautiful jarrah floor.... thank you Chelsea !!

Top Marks!

Fantastic company to be able to work with. Good attention to detail, level of finish for a fair price. Definitely worth contacting for a quote!

Great job!

We had Chelsea Flooring sand and reseal our old Tasmanian oak floors last week. The work was on-time, on budget, and the end result was even better than we had expected! We would recommend the business to anyone.
Thanks Shane, Tahnee and Andy for a great job!

Amazing service and quality

I cannot thank Chelsea enough for their amazing service as we moved house recently. At the final inspection, I suddenly realised that the floors needed sanding, and this would be best done before the painter came in (in 3 days!). After a fast review and quote, Shane's willingness to reschedule other less critical jobs, fit into my unreasonable timing, and provide the utmost care and attention were outstanding. Every time I walk on those floors, I thank Chelsea for their responsiveness, service and quality

Amazing Floor

Chelsea supplied the Best Quality Hursfurd Blackbutt flooring to our House. Few little hurdles with scheduling and organising of installers. But if you want the best wood floor and quality laying call these guys. Shane and the team do not cut corners they want the best floor.

Fantastic job!

Chelsea have done a fantastic job for us. We had a marri floor installed and couldn't be happier with how it turned out. The quality and the finish are excellent...it looks like a work of art. They were very helpful before, during and after the process and really went to great lengths to ensure that we were happy (even though we were very picky) . Ken was fantastic to deal with. We chose Chelsea as they had also installed my brother's floor on which they also did an amazing job. Overall, I would definitely recommend them...thanks guys!

A Beautiful Job.

The team at Chelsea Flooring did an absolutely superb job creating a stunning solid timber floor for my home. The care and attention they paid to installing the floor was impressive. Customer service was excellent. Time management was excellent. The final outcome was excellent. Highly recommended!