ChoiceLend

ChoiceLend

See the Best Home Loans in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

andrew

andrewadelaide

Slow application and slow to respond to rate cuts

Application process took well over 3 months with many (almost stupid) questions being asked resulted in another week long review process each time. As I was refinancing I told my broker I'd had enough and ready to quit luckily loan came thru soon after. Notice now they are terribly slow passing on rate cuts and slow notifying you. Was with ING before and they were brilliant in comparison. Should have refinanced elsewhere

Loan used for:Renovation

Ananth

AnanthGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

It's Simple - DO NOT choose Choicelend

Tiri

TiriSouth East Queensland, QLD

PIN for Internet

New customers please be aware that the PIN number they send you by post is on the back of the pull off tab. I rang asking for assistance about this. The guy that answered was telling me it was like a scratchy so that is what I was doing. Eventually I worked out the pin after a couple of days. Staff need better education about the organisation.

Loan Start DateJune 2019

CatMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Taking "no frills" to the extreme

Loan used for:Refinancing

Del Boy

Del BoyMelbourne

Simple, loan only account

I have had no issues with Choicelend. If you are looking for a simple, no-frills, loan only account to save you moving all your bank accounts then this is the way to go. Customer service is in Melbourne, so no weird phone calls after hours. Would definitely recommend!

Online Tools
Loan TypeSplit
Loan Start DateJuly 2018
Loan used for:Refinancing

rush

rushSYDNEY

Customer gauging and very poor problem solving

Loan Start DateFebruary 2016
Loan used for:Investment Property

Jason

JasonGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very easy to deal with . .

I was a little nervous given the reviews for this company however they have been very easy to deal with. The interest rates are great and yesterday I had to call them to clarify something and the customer service agent was knowledgeable and answered all my questions with a minimal hold time.

Their website is a little clunky and basic however once its set up you shouldn't have any real need to use it or contact them.

Very happy with this lender so far . . .

Online Tools
Loan used for:Investment Property

Worst experience I have ever had.

This was the slowest loan application I have ever done and an overall terrible experience, we provided information and documents as soon as it was asked for, and it took weeks and weeks for any response or any "processing" to occur. We missed our settlement date because of Choice and weren't offered any apology or compensation. I will be refinancing as soon as possible, although I'm sure Choice will make that difficult as well.

Steve

SteveGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

3 months of stress and anxiety courtesy of ChoiceLend

Peniman

PenimanMelbourne

The worst customer service ever so slow

Rang them due too my broker lied and stuff up my application for a top up on my loan and was told there are no managers to talk too, can’t help you , you need a broker but our broker said he didn’t want to deal with us due to a complaint I made with choicelend about him it was put in the hands of a BDM but it would take them 5 days to get us a new broker ,all we need was to told if the loan was approved waited on the phone for 45min and 5 phone call all over 10min and still no answer

6 Months and still waiting

Six months ago I notified them that I was putting a property (which was security for another loan) on the market.I have another property mortgaged with them to offer as security, do you think they could process that? No they even ask me questions like do you know where your title is? WTH they are the ones with it. AVOID these idiots.

Dancin Dave

Dancin Davebacchus marsh

Don't lend money here! They even handle complaints bad!

Helen

HelenWerribee, Victoria

Paid final invoice without required docs and before the house is ready to settle

Alitreboy

Alitreboy

Customer service is lame

I asked for change my direct debit account for home loans but I gotta do with paperwork, signatures and all crap processing.

Terrible service

Their service it terrible. Will never come back. if you are with them. That is fine. If you try to leave that would be a nightmare. Think carefully before you are dealing with them.

My Reviews

My Reviews

3 years, no issues

Have been with choice lend for 3 years, my application went through very quickly and smoothly.
No issues since, bit surprised reading their other reviews.
Great website and friendly customer service if I chose to call.

MCC

MCCMelbourne

Delay in deposit payment despite preapproval and taking ages to be released from their loan when ref

Very good

I read some of these comments and think they must be talking about another company. My experience has been wonderful and you CAN talk to them directly OR through your Broker. They seem to value the business and want to keep me as a client. As for delays, maybe this was due to the Builder, or the Refinancing bank. People always blame someone else. Some of these earlier comments seem to be from keyboard warriors :)

Dimitri

DimitriMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very happy so far

When we purchased our new home, we decided to switch to a non big bank through our broker. He suggested ChoiceLend. There interest rate at the time was very good. We have been happy with the communication. In fact they called me for a review of loan and to do a valuation, and after that result, our interest rate was reduced again. 3 years down the track, and so far we have been happy with their service and product.

RSt

RStWellcamp

slow and unreliable

Even the low interest rate they offered has not been worth it for the appallingly slow rate that they undertake everything. They would not give us pre approval until we had signed a contract and had the stamped council plans...which meant that they wanted us to commit to constructing a home without knowing that we had the finance to do it!! Once that was all sorted we had to wait 4 weeks for the deposit to be paid to the builder, delaying our construction even further, waiting to see how slow they are with ongoing drawdowns. The only thing they did quickly was process the fees & charges to our account!! Can't wait to be done with them.