Online, Branches

Penelope B.
Penelope B.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Shocking communication and appalling customer service

I had a credit card with Citibank for years and recently quit being with them because their service is so bad. I wish I was being paid an alley rate for all the time I had spent on the telephone with them. Do yourself a favour and absolutely give them a wide berth.

Worst bank I ever used

I'm an eye doctor, this is the worst bank I've ever used. They claimed to have better international products for travelling but I never found those particularly easy to use. Before citi left Aus their services were very slow, afterwards they deliberately delay and confuse with extremely complicated logistics to withhold money from you.

Other Banks

Online banking never works, always have to call to login, hopeless app and password system

An operator once said to me if you don't login every week or couple of weeks the app and website wont recognize your entry of a correct password as correct. This has been the case with my card on multiple occasions when I have been locked out of the account and unable to login with the correct password.
I have now been locked out again and after speaking to two operators I still cannot access my account or register after they deleted the account to try and re-register.

The app and software for this company is ridiculous and keeps customers from using their account. There has been no improvement in the software or password management systems over the years either.

Actually THE WORST bank I've ever banked with

Why is everything SO complicated?! And then each step of a process takes minimum 2 business days. Nothing is easy or smooth with this bank. If I could give them zero I would.

If I could give 0 starts, I would!

Worst experience. No one at Citibank has an idea what they are doing or how any of their own processes work.
If you want to bank with someone that makes it impossible to contact, when you do finally contact someone, has no idea what protocols, security measures or how to assist you, then this is the bank for you. If you want to continue to get calls from them to the point that you think it's a scam and think your banking has been compromised because Citi is confused about what they do and are unsure on how they were helping you, then this is your bank.
I think the local bookie would be better at managing your funds than this bank. If I could give less than 1 star, I would.

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
MangaGal
MangaGal

If I could give 0 star, I would

Matthew L.
Matthew L.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

No wonder Citibank are leaving Australia

Seriously, how does a simple task like opening an account for a customer become so hard for Citibank? No other financial institution I have dealt with in the last 5 years has such a convoluted and outdated process in terms of setting up a new account. Ten days later, and after 2 phone calls with 2 humans, I still don't know if my account has been set up or not. However, in the meantime, Citibank has bombarded me with useless emails and SMS messages. Use their chat system and they tell you they can't tell you anything; must call. In the end, rather than come to the party and compete, Citibank is trying to pull the plug and pursue an exit from its consumer banking business in Australia (and 12 other markets).

Kira J.
Kira J.Victoria

Useless Bank

Received an e-mail today advising my account had been opened but no internet access ID was provided so on calling the bank they informed my account was closed due to not meeting the criteria. I requested further information but the call centre operator could only read from the script provided which repeatedly informed me that bank just assessed me as not meeting the criteria. Would give this bank 0 stars if I could, very incompetent.

Useless

Company is useless everything they say and do is back to front, staff have no idea about products or how their system works, from an English speakers perspective its all gibberish half the time.

Ricky
RickyCanberra 2600, ACT

Call centre staff are so rude

jacob
jacobSouth East Queensland, QLD

Absolute rubbish of a company - this is an actual bank?

Offshore customer service that have no clue about what you are talking about or their own products - I had to explain what the monthly tax amount was that I was paying..

STAY AWAY!

Paul
PaulSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst service, rude staff

Rejected my application for a credit card even though I have a healthy bank account and a credit card which I pay off each month. Checked with two rating agencies and all fine. Phoned Citibank and staff very rudely told me that they don't have to say why they refused the application. If they don't want to give me a credit card that is fine but I do expect politeness.

Very bad service

Charged $700 for my prestige card despite being promised it will be halved or waived due to the amount of benefits that was removed from the card.

Unhelpful and indifferent online chat. Told me basicaly to take it or leave it. Simple question of asking if i will get the refund if i cancel it right now. Said they MIGHT. Doesn't make any sense to me. If they tell me they will refund me, i will cancel it. If they can't, i will keep it open one more year. If i go ahead and cancel and they don't refund me, i would be paying $700 for a card i can't use.

Logic doesn't exist.

Arthur van der Merwe
Arthur van der MerweSydney, NSW

"Post a letter" or "Come back in 3 months" or "Go somewhere else"

The application process online for a credit card is horrific. Tried a balance transfer, and the callcentre agent asked me to write a letter and 'post it' to them requesting the balance transfer. Then told me I can do a balance transfer if they close my account and re-open it. Which I did, then called back only for them to tell me they will only update my account in 3 months, and I cannot do any balance transfers until then. Well, thank you CITI for messing up my credit record, cause now it looks really bad that I have closed a card and you guys don't bother to update your records for 3 months. Stay away. These guys are out of touch with reality.

V P
V P

Best bank

Access to global markets, with Citibank's top global analysts guiding investment decisions. Probably not the best bank for low income customers, but high income customers focused on wealth management will definitely benefit being with Citi

Dot
Dotasked
Citibank

I have 2 Citibank Credit Cards, one I have not used in roughly 20years. I tried to cancel it as obviously I’m do not want it. Always pay the Annual Fee on time. Rang up got what sounded like a Phillipino gentleman ( very very hard to understand) & ask Questions about my Other card I do use, which he was quite happy to talk about. I than asked him about Canceling the card Iam NOT using, he said I can’t cancel that card because I couldn’t prove to him I was me. GO FIGURE!!! It is absolutely ridiculous!!!

Wendy E.
Wendy E.asked
Citibank

I’ve tried to report credit card fraud on a number of occasions but debits are still unlawfully being made on my credit card that I thought had been closed. I’m now trying to close my new credit card, but now they’re saying that I have an outstanding payment against this card too. I have not used my Citibank card for years, but now there is a debt of over $1000 through Marleyspoon deductions that are not mine. What can I do? I’m also worried about losing my credit rating. Worst bank in the world!

BarrySasked
Citibank

Hi I was very interested in investing a large sum of our life savings as Citi interest rates are slightly higher than the rest ,( every bit helps) ,should I be in doubt? Cheers

Jason L.
Jason L.

If you still have a mortgage put the money in an offset account at your bank and reduce your interest exposure. You will get at least 4% that way and you pay down your loans quicker as well!

Thankyou , We did that ,sold the asset, now looking to invest “safety “? Cheers

valter
valter

Stay away from citibank. Just got ripped off and lost nearly $26,000.00

Get an answer from our members and Citibank representatives