Citibank

Online, Branches (See All)
See the Best Banks in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Citibank

Jennyren
JennyrenSouth East Queensland, QLD

where's my money

new NATAAU34 swift code not working

Once I read the reviews here I knew it wasnt just me with this issue. So it confirms there is a universal issue with the new swift code given out on 1 june 2022 to ex-citi bank AU holders. Now moved to NAB. when you search using any of the online swift search tools this NATAAU34 does not exist. What does exist is NATAAU33 which shows NAB 800 Bourke St Melbourne Australia. So I know the system is working. NAB are insistent that this is their new swift sort code. But no other instructions seem to be aware of it. I suspect someone somewhere has forgot to press the right button. Hope they get it sorted soon.

Anna
AnnaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Got rejected based on the nationality

Successfully opened the global currency account in Feb and transferred a decent amount to the bank. Wanted to open a savings account with them in May, received a confirmation email that they verified identity and silence. Calling today to learn that I got rejected (great salary and credit score, permanent resident with full time job and decent money on THEIR account).

Had chat to a few friends and all my Russian friends got rejected. SHAME!

Debbie
DebbieVic

What a joke

Never thought I would pity NAB

Unable to reset my internet password without waiting for a replace credit card to be issued. I had actually been on the phone to Citi 4 times that day due being cut off / line drop out and each time my identity was verified with questions and sms with one time codes. Yet the consultant on the phone calmly said that the only way to reset my online password included the CCV on the back of a card I cut 2 years ago. No alternatives or exceptions and absolutely no help.

International transfers stopped working

Received a letter stating swift code change from 1 June due to merger with nab. New swift code doesn't work even though we tried it on 6 June well past 1 June. Call centre answered quickly but didn't know themselves.

TopicGeneral Transactions
OMGGG
OMGGGSouth East Queensland, QLD

Citibank Australia - painful 'customer service'

Citibank used to be really good. Recently tried to update my personal details and it's been one excuse after another. Then they blamed me for not 'responding' (luckily I cc'd the AFCA), they ignore questions like HAVE they received my request to update my details via email (why would I resend if you claim not to have received it?!) and what kind of things (like receipts) they needed for specifics... it is an ongoing nightmare... have asked if NAB can intervene given they've taken over Citibank so I can take my personals in-branch and just sort it out...

Super Funds Awards 2022!

super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Laura W
Laura WSouth East Queensland, QLD

Do not be tempted with the cash back for new loans and refinancing.

Martin
MartinSouth East Queensland, QLD

Genuinely terrible service

Recently moved from Amex platinum (outstanding service for 6 years btw) to Citibank Prestige. Not a cheap card for $700, but the service is terrible and everything they could get wrong they have. Extremely frustrating - I've had the card two weeks and I want to leave.

Derek
DerekGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Shocking customer service and honesty

bgol
bgol

Card did not work overseas, however with some delayed customer support started working again

I originally gave 1 star as the card did not work overseas even though I called Citybank in Australia before going overseas, provided details of my trip including dates and country and was assured the card will work fine.
I tried to contact City bank by phone with no reply, sent emails with no reply so far, tried to contact through their site (secure mail), it said "Scheduled maintenance currently taking place".
However, in a few days I could get through and talked over the phone. They re-activated the card and it works fine now.
I believe it was on maintenance and unreachable due to acquiring City Bank by NAB.

Paddywaggon
PaddywaggonMid North Coast, NSW

Never Again

TopicNew Account

Abdul
AbdulSydney, NSW

Worst Bank with Worst Customer Support

Never sign up for this garbage bank. Zero customer service and support, agents can’t speak English properly and doesn’t understand customers. All products of citi bank is useless and bad.

iasif
iasifmelbourne

No matter what I will never bank with Citi bank again

Declined my credit card application even though I have very good credit rating and never been declined any credit card application before. When you call the Citi bank customer service to enquire, the same person answers the phone and gives you the same stupid explanation every time.

Also moved my money to another Australian bank but I have been told that the transaction will take 2-3 business days to process now I will not have any money and waiting for this stupid bank to transfer my money.

Moreover, this cheap bank is going to merge with NAB so it'll be even worse than now.

TopicCredit Card Application and General Transactions
Simon
SimonPerth, WA

Worst Bank in the world

Don't answer the phone it just goes round and round in circles continuously trying to get you to do everything online. If in the very limited chance you get to speak to someone they don't know what the doing. I tried for days to try to get a minor credit card problem fixed where as I could not use it to buy any products or book a car online. Every time I did manage to get through to Citibank they told me the same thing there was nothing wrong with the card which was rubbish. I would never use this bank again

Dot
Dotasked
Citibank

I have 2 Citibank Credit Cards, one I have not used in roughly 20years. I tried to cancel it as obviously I’m do not want it. Always pay the Annual Fee on time. Rang up got what sounded like a Phillipino gentleman ( very very hard to understand) & ask Questions about my Other card I do use, which he was quite happy to talk about. I than asked him about Canceling the card Iam NOT using, he said I can’t cancel that card because I couldn’t prove to him I was me. GO FIGURE!!! It is absolutely ridiculous!!!

Wendy E.
Wendy E.asked
Citibank

I’ve tried to report credit card fraud on a number of occasions but debits are still unlawfully being made on my credit card that I thought had been closed. I’m now trying to close my new credit card, but now they’re saying that I have an outstanding payment against this card too. I have not used my Citibank card for years, but now there is a debt of over $1000 through Marleyspoon deductions that are not mine. What can I do? I’m also worried about losing my credit rating. Worst bank in the world!

BarrySasked
Citibank

Hi I was very interested in investing a large sum of our life savings as Citi interest rates are slightly higher than the rest ,( every bit helps) ,should I be in doubt? Cheers

Jason L.
Jason L.

If you still have a mortgage put the money in an offset account at your bank and reduce your interest exposure. You will get at least 4% that way and you pay down your loans quicker as well!

Thankyou , We did that ,sold the asset, now looking to invest “safety “? Cheers

valter
valter

Stay away from citibank. Just got ripped off and lost nearly $26,000.00

Get an answer from our members and Citibank representatives