Citibank

Citibank

Online, Branches

See the Best Banks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

• Topic
    • General Transactions (35)
    • Credit Card Application (32)
    • New Account (13)
    • Business Banking (5)
    • Loan Application (5)
    • ATM Experience (2)

Honestly, if I could give a ZERO I would! 1 star is too high of a rating for Citibank.

I'll keep it short and simple, I've had 3 bank evaluations of my property and Citi Bank was the only bank that devalued my house by $20,000! So my loan ended up being approved by the Commonwealth Bank (which also isn't the greatest, let's be honest) but it's much BETTER than Citi Bank. Take notice Citi Bank, unless you figure out the basics of banking and finance, and what it means to provide excellent customer service - you will fail in this business.

TopicLoan Application

Mike

MikeSydney, NSW

Do not bank here

Citibank has sent me a letter stating they are changing fixed payment options for my Classic credit card .
I DO NOT have a credit card or account with them. I spent a whole afternoon trying to speak to someone to sort this out but I found I had to have a credit card no. or account no. before they would speak to me. How can I have these, that's what I am phoning about. I just got shunted around and on several occasions they cut me . I advise you don't bank with this bank with service as bad as this.

Sophie

Sophie

Technical errors with website

I tried to sign up for a credit card on my mobile and the website was saying to correct the errors highlighted in red, however nothing was highlighted in red. I then tried to sign up on a computer and the same problem occurred. I rung citibank and they said it would take 30 to 40 mins to sign up on the phone. I was not interested in this option as it was too time consuming.

Banking online and Mortgage products

I would give Citibank a ZERO if it was available. Disappointed at how bad the customer service is , 3 calls to get a mortgage statement and 2 months later still nothing when it was a 4 day wait. Their App is rubbish compared to other banks and there shop front single representative in the Sydney CBD is atrocious.

TopicBusiness Banking, General Transactions and Loan Application

Fitnesspm

FitnesspmMount Waverley

If I could give 0 stars I would.

Wow, what a very bad bank! The Internet Banking is horrible!!! You think a bank would invest in a good platform to use for Internet Banking but you can tell they just don't care about their customers. Their customer service is just as bad! I advise everyone to stay away from this bank. I found ING Direct to be 100 times better! I don't like the big 4 banks in Australia, they charge huge fees if you want to travel compare to ING they don't charge anything.

TopicATM Experience, General Transactions and New Account

Excellent online and phone customer support. Live chat isn't a bot!

I've been with citibank for 7 years, but my account has been inactive for many, with me just logging on to check my funds were there occasionally having moved back to the UK. When I returned to Australia this meant I had a lot to sort out, and the online chat service were fantastic. And when there was something they couldn't fix online, they called me! Super helpful. Noticeably better than most customer service.

Neo

NeoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Zero Fee Account but poor overall service

The Citibank app is getting better but still isn't all that great. Far too many SMS codes required to do simple tasks. No quick balance check either. Free account is nice though.

Phone support can be either adequate or problematic due to poor English skills.

Never had a single response back after lodging a fraudulent transaction complaint. It was only after I lodged a second complaint threatening to take it to ACFA that the funds were returned, still nothing sent in writing. Not good enough really.

Citibank = amateur banking operation.

Bettina Brougham

Bettina BroughamGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

A New Customer

New Customer - assessed by a 'bot' and rejected. To Citi Bank you are just a number. Don't waste your time, look at one of the smaller local banks. Shop local

TopicNew Account
Dan

DanSydney, NSW

Poor service

Applied for credit card, got it all approved, the customer service reps are the hardest people to talk to little English and when you dont understand them they end the convo. Absolute rubbish. If someone from Citibank see this look up my phone number and find who I talked too see how useless they are. Get some Aussies working the phones for god sakes, or atleast people that are reasonable and easy to communicate with. Lost a customer.

Sally

SallyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Unprofessional and incompetent. Avoid them at all costs!

Avoid

They closed all their branches in Victoria. I tried to go to their Citigold office instead but they have lift security to stop you getting there.
Their call centre is really poor. I have been told to expect a call in 2-3 days for 2-3 weeks.
Their internal complaints resolution service is merely the same people you get when you ask the call centre people to speak to their supervisor.
The only choice disgruntled clients have is to complain to AFCA. If Citi does not already understand it has serious client service issues, perhaps a number of AFCA complaints will get their attention.

Phil Brandt

Phil BrandtSydney, NSW

Good card but the app and security annoying

Have had an account with Citibank for four years now. Card features are good but trying to move money out of my account is a real pain requiring tokens and sync with mobile SMS messages etc just to transfer $50 to a friend. Is a pain in the A so dont really use it anymore. My other bank doesnt require all this security stuff to do basic everyday banking. Losing customers because of the security maze that is in place so its difficult for customers to move their money. Then lengthy phone conversations with script readers in the Phillipines. Hmmmm

Citibank suck. 1.2 stars out of 5 with over 500 reviews explains it all

I can't change my mobile number with getting a handwritten signed letter, it makes no sense. I wrote asking for another alternative but had no response. The customer service is poor.

Roy

RoyPerth, WA

Worst customer service EVER!

Called their offshore customer service centre in India. Terrible experience, I had one simple request of canceling my in-progress application but they put me through to multiple people and none of them could resolve my issue.

bronnchan

bronnchanSydney, NSW

Sneaky and terrible customer service

Citibank sneakily charged a credit card annual fee a month before it was due, so I was not given the opportunity to close my card in time to avoid the fee. They basically made me pay a year's membership for a year that I'm not using. Then they closed my online accounts so I am unable to get copies of the statements to demonstrate what they have done. Avoid at all costs. Try American Express - they do customer service a hell of a lot better and can handle requests via online chats, transcripts which you can keep copies of as PROOF.

Tony

TonyCentral Queensland, QLD

Could give them zero out of 5

Aeva

AevaPerth, WA

Don't waste your time

Don't bother getting shitibank unless you are willing to deal with the hassle they put you through. Endless phone calls and you will continue to talk to different phlebs from one to another that will give general answers and the error that they caused not resolved. There is no continuity. After confirming my name multiple times, few months on i still have not received my frequent flyer points. One of the customer service told me to change my frequent flyer name!! I have had no problems with any other credit card providers with points transfer. Their whole system is flawed, dont get me started with online banking.

Sam B

Sam B

Obscene

Don't have words to describe how terrible the service is. Still don't know if my credit card has been accepted or rejected cannot work that out. Don't waste time please

TopicNew Account

mike

mike

Worst customer service i have experienced in 2 decades

Credit Card Disgrace

Yeah really disappointing. I applied for the Citi Credit Card Qantas 150k rewards online. I was not able to progress through the online system. I re-applied 5 weeks later, only to be told that I had been declined back 5 weeks prior. I have a great job, house etc. I spent an hour on the phone only to told its ultimately the banks decision, and not providing any reasons for the decline stating "you dont see KFC telling its customers what the secret recipe is, so we can t tell you why you were declined...".

BarrySasked

Hi I was very interested in investing a large sum of our life savings as Citi interest rates are slightly higher than the rest ,( every bit helps) ,should I be in doubt? Cheers

Jason L.
Jason L.

If you still have a mortgage put the money in an offset account at your bank and reduce your interest exposure. You will get at least 4% that way and you pay down your loans quicker as well!

Thankyou , We did that ,sold the asset, now looking to invest “safety “? Cheers

arv

arvasked

I am planning to move to citibank for my mortgage. any feedback wud be highly appreciated.

Nakul
Nakul

I would strongly advise against it. I have a mortgage with NAB and their customer is good. Not "Apple" great, but good enough for a bank. Talking to Citibank is like talking to a dumpster running company.

Zj.

Zj.asked

How do I get in contact with the CEO of Citibank, Allan Machete? I rang customer service and they refused to give me his contact details.

solitaire01

If he wanted to make himself available he would. Im guessing he's sunning it up un the bahamas living a lavish lifesyle compliments of the account holders. Embezzlement fraud comes to mind. Not a bank you can trust. No physical presence, just well put together showy website anyone can do. Smoke and mirrors. Customers have a false sense of security if conned by the glam adverts. Charged $199.00 set up fee they dont tell you about, and all the other fees they dont tell you about. Then if you want to pull a slab of money you cant. Funny cash slabs are dissapearing from customer accounts. Oh and user auth revoked, accounts getting shut down. All stinks of SCAM to me.

solitaire01

Just reading through all complaints, issues started last year. Revamp? Applicants with good jobs and credit history are being denied, which affects their credit rating negatively. My hunch is they will accept big chunky money applicants, have a spending spree on that but are in fact cashless and do not have available funds to payout legitimate account holders, hence the runaround or account blocks for various reasons. Get my drift people. Get out now. You have just been robbed. I say, lets us people here start up a fancy website, take peoples money, spend it on a lavish lifestyle, we win... I would suggest you report these guys #citiscam to the feds and current affair.

solitaire01

Is this a face you can trust? https://www.citigroup.com/australia/aboutus/leaders/alan-machet-bio.html

Get an answer from our members and Citibank representatives