Citibank

Citibank

Branches and Online

See the Best Banks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Andrey

AndreySydney, NSW

Shocking service and 20 year old technology

TopicCredit Card Application

Worst user experience. Waste of time

Website keeps saying to fill in highlighted field. All fields are filled in and it will not let you proceed. Every time I "save application" and come back to try again nothing saves. Also same issues still arising. Complete waste of time - try another bank

Jason L.South East Queensland, QLD

Pathetic

Lack of Customer Service Skills

I have been a victim of Identity Fraud. Its been over 3 weeks with no resoultion. Being the bank's mistake the only repsonse i get given is its under investigation with no time-line. The worst service i have experienced so far. No empathy at all.

Traveller

TravellerSouth East Queensland, QLD

cant get any worse than this bank

All this banks offers seems like fraud.Someone seriously need to investigate. I made a card application n they said I should be getting another card which i don't want and not the one I actually want .Couldn't finish the application so rang them n for half hr they kept transferring me in a circle n finally cut me off . Seems like people from asia n they have no idea what to do . Anyone wants to test them free to try . Never encountered anything this bad before considering these days most companies have offshore centers .CITI BANK SHOULD BE AVOIDED LIKE A PLAGUE.

TopicCredit Card Application and New Account

Niti R.

Niti R.Sydney, NSW

Misleading offer!!! Make sure you read all the fine prints

I made a CitiBank credit card application in June/July, there was a promo for 100,000 bonus point for min AUD3,000 spending. I had met the spending requirement but I hadn't received any bonus point. I then called them asking why and they told me I wasn't eligible for any bonus point. I then asked them to check the promo record back in June/July and then they refused. They told me there was nothing that they could do.
I believe this is misleading, as the promo was on the website. There is also a running promotion for the same type of credit card and they refused to apply the promo on my card.

Happy Customer

Happy CustomerSydney, NSW

Antiquated technology. Terrible customer experience.

Considering they've closed all their branches in Sydney. you'd expect their online experience to be better. All the neo banks will replace them if they are going online unless they completely refresh their technology.

The only good thing about this bank is the Qantas Frequent Flier sign up bonus. Unfortunately, I stupidly selected the wrong card and was not eligible for this.

My advice is to avoid them like the plague. Try a neo bank.

twotigers156342

twotigers156342South East Queensland, QLD

Shocked & Disgusted

Sunny

SunnySydney, NSW

Never ever bank with CITI

Laura

LauraGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Citibank much more helpful than the top four

We've been with Citibank for some years now and mostly use it for international travel. A family member lost his bank cards while abroad and had to get in contact with Citibank. The customer service was excellent compared to the other bank and easy. The replacement will take up to 10 days. They have called the hotel ahead of time and arranged for the replacement card to be sent to that location. Yes, 10 days is lengthy compared to some other banks in an emergency situation but the other bank completely screwed up on their end and the customer service/communication was appalling. We will continue to bank with Citibank while overseas and we recommend cb to our family and friends when travelling o/s

TopicGeneral Transactions

KipchakChik

KipchakChikBrisbane

Dreadful experience and time wasted

Appalling

TopicGeneral Transactions and New Account

Max

MaxSouth East Queensland, QLD

Glad I am finished business with City Bank

TERRIBLE

False promises. Zero coordination between departments. Hang ups. Terrible customer service. Blatant lies. Just an absolute shocking experience from a rabble of a 'bank.' I implore you to look elsewhere

TopicCredit Card Application and New Account

Completely useless

TopicGeneral Transactions
Simon C

Simon C

Moved my mortgage to Citibank, 1 week in- I've made a huge mistake and will be moving off them asap

TopicLoan Application

splitterzz

splitterzzMurray Region, NSW

Do not get involved with Citibank - they are absolutely terrible

I have a Citibank debit account and one card. My wife is going to S.America and we required her as an additional signatory and to have her own card. It has taken 6 weeks. 3 emails, 24 telephone calls to Citibank customer service to finally find out that this is not possible. We have filled in at least six forms, been to the police station twice to get proof of identity authenticated. The customer service was polite but abismal. My advice is do not waste your time with Citibank - if anything ever goes wrong you will be in terrible trouble.

TopicNew Account

Emma W.

Emma W.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Liars!

After hearing nothing about my application for a while I called to check. The consultant could not see the application. I asked to speak to a supervisor who told me it had been rejected. Strange as i have great credit and income. I asked several times ic he was sure he could see my application and wasn't just trying to get me off the phone.
I just got my own credit report to double check.... nothing. There was no credit enqiry by Citi for this card. The supervisor completely lied. Now Citi wont get my personal or company business.

TopicCredit Card Application

WORST bank, never go with them!

Bunch of liars who owe me 100,000 points but will not give it to me even though I spent 15,000 with them in 5 months. I will never go with Citi Bank again!!!!!!!

TopicCredit Card Application and General Transactions

John Mannix

John MannixHunter Region, NSW

Citibank Anti Customer Service

BarrySasked

Hi I was very interested in investing a large sum of our life savings as Citi interest rates are slightly higher than the rest ,( every bit helps) ,should I be in doubt? Cheers

Jason L.

If you still have a mortgage put the money in an offset account at your bank and reduce your interest exposure. You will get at least 4% that way and you pay down your loans quicker as well!

Thankyou , We did that ,sold the asset, now looking to invest “safety “? Cheers

arv

arvasked

I am planning to move to citibank for my mortgage. any feedback wud be highly appreciated.

Nakul
Nakul

I would strongly advise against it. I have a mortgage with NAB and their customer is good. Not "Apple" great, but good enough for a bank. Talking to Citibank is like talking to a dumpster running company.

Zj.

Zj.asked

How do I get in contact with the CEO of Citibank, Allan Machete? I rang customer service and they refused to give me his contact details.

solitaire01

If he wanted to make himself available he would. Im guessing he's sunning it up un the bahamas living a lavish lifesyle compliments of the account holders. Embezzlement fraud comes to mind. Not a bank you can trust. No physical presence, just well put together showy website anyone can do. Smoke and mirrors. Customers have a false sense of security if conned by the glam adverts. Charged $199.00 set up fee they dont tell you about, and all the other fees they dont tell you about. Then if you want to pull a slab of money you cant. Funny cash slabs are dissapearing from customer accounts. Oh and user auth revoked, accounts getting shut down. All stinks of SCAM to me.

solitaire01

Just reading through all complaints, issues started last year. Revamp? Applicants with good jobs and credit history are being denied, which affects their credit rating negatively. My hunch is they will accept big chunky money applicants, have a spending spree on that but are in fact cashless and do not have available funds to payout legitimate account holders, hence the runaround or account blocks for various reasons. Get my drift people. Get out now. You have just been robbed. I say, lets us people here start up a fancy website, take peoples money, spend it on a lavish lifestyle, we win... I would suggest you report these guys #citiscam to the feds and current affair.

solitaire01

Is this a face you can trust? https://www.citigroup.com/australia/aboutus/leaders/alan-machet-bio.html

Get an answer from our members and Citibank representatives