Online, Branches

AD S.Sydney, NSW

Citibank IT Platform cannot be trusted

Ulyssjak

UlyssjakSydney, NSW

Lack of care and organisation

TopicGeneral Transactions

Will not get back to you at the time they say they would.

Not reliable. They wont get back to you at the time they say they would. Do yourself a favor and join big banks for your banking needs. If you value your time just join main 4 banks for an easy & smooth process.

TopicCredit Card Application and General Transactions

Matt

Matt

Over talking to people that just don't get it.

Im so over repeating myself. The people in Manila are beautiful people. But they just don't understand when you have a problem. Sorry but just closed my all my accounts.

Stephen21

Stephen21Sunshine Coast

Awful to deal with and never get back to you

Have been trying to sort out a problem with them for 3 months - go from department to department having to explain a simple matter which these incompetent people do not seem to be able to resolve.
After numerous phone calls and probably 8 hours on the phone my answer is they will have everything resolved within 10 days... 1 month later I have had to call again after 38 minutes on the phone (got cut off after 12 minutes the 1st time) I am now told they will try and get back to me within the next 24 hours.
Through their absolute incompetence and lack of customer service I have nearly lost a house purchase - cannot believe they can treat customers like this. Stay away from them. Do not use them!!!

Jax

JaxPerth, WA

Worst bank ever

5 hour wait times for service then cut of
Do not use this bank terrible terrible service
Very unhelpful even when they do answer the phone go anywhere but this bank

LBO

LBO

Worst bank experience ever, cancelled my home loan after 6 months

I had my homeloan with Citibank. Rates were fine (well fees not as much), so I decided to give it a go. I then regretted not reading any reviews! I haven't been able to talk to any home loan specialist for more than 6 months. Someone was supposed to call me back a few times but never did. Terrible online experience with clunky interfaces. I ended up leaving them after 6 months and refinancing with Bendigo. They never responded to my request to get my breaking fees back because I could not receive any support and answers to my questions. I just decided to let it go, and will never ever consider this bank for any product.

Jennifer

JenniferSydney, NSW

Is there such a thing as minus stars

Citibank is the worst bank to deal with. They are extremely slow to transfer funds. Sometimes several days longer than the other banks.

Their app often kicks you out so you have to sign in again and again to finish a transaction.

You have to check all of your automatic withdrawals after an upgrade as the upgrade can cause the cancellation of some or suddenly activate withdrawals you may have put on hold.

Clearly there is very little quality checking with anything they do. And don’t bother calling as the offshore team can only answer from a standard set of responses so generally a complete waste of your time.

Only deal with them as a last resort.

Ninette H

Ninette HMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Absolutely atrocious

Have had a Citibank Visa for 20 years, generally no issues. Now, have redeemed rewards as advised by Cititbank. The e vouchers are not being sent, I'm getting all other emails but no vouchers. I've wasted 3 hours of my time trying to get through to the call centre. After numerous attempts (telephone banking is disgusting) I finally get through to an operator on two occasions. First time assured all was resolved which I felt was just to shut me up and I was correct, no vouchers received. The second time, not only was I not listened to and talked down to, I was hung up on. Am going to close our account now. I have no tolerance for poor customer service and incompetent staff.

Mike

MikePerth, WA

Worst bank in this world!!

Never ever deal with this bank. You are getting into a trap. Worst customer service I have ever had you are treated like dirt. Never answer your calls and instead just hang up. I am so surprised they are still running and allowed to operate in Australia. Shame I cant give it negative stars

Nicolas

NicolasGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worst bank experience ever

No much else to say reading others reviews. But really, how can this bank can be still operating ? It's s a joke. if I could I would leave a zero score. Completely waste of time. For your good sake stay away from this bank.

TopicNew Account
L. Heffernan

L. HeffernanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good Bank but problems with cards

Been with this Bank for many decades. I like them but is big problem with cards. activating them online told is activated go to ATM gobble,gobble no card ring bank talk to Packistani or Eskimo cant understand them maybe aliens. All good Bank except for anything to do with cards...…… Leo.....

siwon

siwonBrisbane

This many 1 star reviews can't be wrong

Quite possibly the worst customer service in Australia. Impossible to resolve a minor issue. Staff just turn off the phone or ignore emails or FB messenger when it suits them

TopicCredit Card Application
IT Dinosaur

IT DinosaurPerth, WA

Perth Branch - Responsive and Helpful

I was looking to make a deposit with Citi Australia and made an enquiry on line. Sydney were very responsive and put me in touch with the Perth local business relationship manager Denie Fath. I found Denie very responsive; contacted me and guided me through the process and then followed me up. Terrific service and much appreciated

TopicBusiness Banking and New Account

Beyond a Joke

Helping my elderly grandfather as people are taking thousands of dollars from his bank account & the phone sales team are hopeless. Can’t access online & they don’t have any physical branches. Beyond a joke & possibly the worst service I’ve had.

TopicGeneral Transactions and New Account

Mercive

MerciveSydney, NSW

Old, bureaucratic and worse customer support ever

Don't deal with them - it is a warning. Very old and worse customer support. Can not get my loan details updated for 3 months now - I had 12 calls with their support. Now want to discharge and they won't let me go, saying my signature doesn't match with their records - had 9 calls with them and now going to court on this manner. Their support just simply doesn't care, better to talk to robots rather than them.

TopicLoan Application
Marg

MargMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Stay away! Terrible level of service, exorbitant fees and charges.

Was with them ten years.Could never get real assistance. Not able to assess online account. Many calls.. promised they had resolved issues but never had. No branches. Keep away. A nightmare to deal with.Waste of your precious time and money.

Michael Tait

Michael TaitGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Near impossible to login

I cannot think of a single aspect of this bank that deserves praise. Login is near impossible, disputing a card transaction takes enormous time and effort, their phone IVR seems to have been developed by a moron. Need I go on?

Katie B.

Katie B.South East Queensland, QLD

Terrible service and systems

Changed to this bank to take advantage of high savings account years ago. Never had anything but problems with them. The website is very hard to use. Tried to cancel when the promo interest rate changed, but was too difficult so gave up. Recently had sus calls about my credit card, so decided to cancel my accounts which too three calls and over three weeks and they are still 'processing my request'.

Shane D.

Shane D.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

The WORST Bank I have ever used in 30 years of banking.

After almost 20 years, I have finally had enough. The few times I have had to contact them it has been the worst most frustrating communication and or banking experience!

BarrySasked

Citibank

Hi I was very interested in investing a large sum of our life savings as Citi interest rates are slightly higher than the rest ,( every bit helps) ,should I be in doubt? Cheers

Jason L.
Jason L.

If you still have a mortgage put the money in an offset account at your bank and reduce your interest exposure. You will get at least 4% that way and you pay down your loans quicker as well!

Thankyou , We did that ,sold the asset, now looking to invest “safety “? Cheers

valter
valter

Stay away from citibank. Just got ripped off and lost nearly $26,000.00

arv

arvasked

Citibank

I am planning to move to citibank for my mortgage. any feedback wud be highly appreciated.

Nakul
Nakul

I would strongly advise against it. I have a mortgage with NAB and their customer is good. Not "Apple" great, but good enough for a bank. Talking to Citibank is like talking to a dumpster running company.

Zj.

Zj.asked

Citibank

How do I get in contact with the CEO of Citibank, Allan Machete? I rang customer service and they refused to give me his contact details.

solitaire01

If he wanted to make himself available he would. Im guessing he's sunning it up un the bahamas living a lavish lifesyle compliments of the account holders. Embezzlement fraud comes to mind. Not a bank you can trust. No physical presence, just well put together showy website anyone can do. Smoke and mirrors. Customers have a false sense of security if conned by the glam adverts. Charged $199.00 set up fee they dont tell you about, and all the other fees they dont tell you about. Then if you want to pull a slab of money you cant. Funny cash slabs are dissapearing from customer accounts. Oh and user auth revoked, accounts getting shut down. All stinks of SCAM to me.

solitaire01

Just reading through all complaints, issues started last year. Revamp? Applicants with good jobs and credit history are being denied, which affects their credit rating negatively. My hunch is they will accept big chunky money applicants, have a spending spree on that but are in fact cashless and do not have available funds to payout legitimate account holders, hence the runaround or account blocks for various reasons. Get my drift people. Get out now. You have just been robbed. I say, lets us people here start up a fancy website, take peoples money, spend it on a lavish lifestyle, we win... I would suggest you report these guys #citiscam to the feds and current affair.

solitaire01

Is this a face you can trust? https://www.citigroup.com/australia/aboutus/leaders/alan-machet-bio.html

Get an answer from our members and Citibank representatives

Other Banks