Citizen Watches Australia

Citizen Watches Australia

See the Best Jewellery Shops & Brands in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Citizen

1.9
  • Warranty Claim MadeYes (11) · No (6)
Phil G.
Phil G.Sydney, NSW

Really appalling after-sales service

I bought my watch in October 2021 & my battery failed in just over 4 months. The watch is under warranty but to get it replaced through Citizen (even after I dropped in to their service centre in Chatswood) will take 2-3 weeks. I can walk into my local jeweller at our small shopping centre & have it done there & then in 5 mins. No they take the watch & then put it into their bulging service requests. (That I could see through the window). Either they’re severely understaffed or their watches have a lot of problems. And IMO my watch was not a cheap one - close to $300. Not good enough Citizen. Never again!

Homer
HomerMurray Mallee, SA

Fine by me

I hardly ever do reviews- this is only because I’m bemused by the terrible ratings! I got an eco drive as a gift in 2012. I lived in a remote part of the top end with endless heat and high humidity, and did hard physical labour. Now I’m down south and still working. I’ve hardly ever changed the time. Maybe I was lucky and got the best one of the batch. I just glanced at the time on my iPad then looked at my watch, 3.45 almost to the second. It’s been excellent.

Warranty Claim MadeNo
Shane
Shane

Could be great if it didn't randomly change the time by an hour frequently

I like this watch except that every time I follow their instructions to set the time it will keep time for about a week and then change by an hour. exactly one hour. which is REALLY ANNOYING! especially for a watch. will never buy citizen again if they cant keep time

Do not buy Citizen.

WOW..I can't believe what I am reading. Bought a Citizen Promaster eco drive 9 months ago and like some others on here I looked down one morning to find the crown missing. I returned it to Wallace Bishop along with the warranty card only to be told by the repair centre that it is not covered because the watch must have suffered some sort of impact which it has not. I will never buy another Citizen watch and for that matter will never shop at Wallace Bishop again. I will also make an official complaint to consumer affairs due to the amount of warranties being rejected for the same reasons.

Jewellery Shops & Brands

Find out how Citizen Watches Australia compares to other Jewellery Shops & Brands

Marshall
MarshallGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worked brilliantly until .....

Tony Q
Tony QSydney, NSW

Absolute piece of rubbish

Was given an Eco Drive 6 years ago to the day as a birthday gift.
Apparently cost my family over $700.Had no end of trouble with it.
I've had it back for repair 3 times.It stopped working again recently and Citizen
have now ,quoted $360 to repair it,saying parts are worn.
It took over a week for them to review my watch and give me the bad news.
Poor quality product and customer service.Do not buy a watch from Citizen ever.

Div
Div

Avoid - Avoid - Avoid

purchased a Citizen Eco Drive watch with a 5 year warranty. I returned it to place of purchase for repairs under warranty, it never worked properly again. Was unable to return it to store promptly due to Covid-19 lock downs & now even though it is still within the 5 year warranty period they don't want to honor it.

I have loved this watch but their after sales service is absolutely terrible, can't never get anyone on the phone.

I will never buy another Citizen watch.

Monica
MonicaMelbourne

Worst watches and customer service, within few weeks send for repair and after that still not working properly.

Unsatisfied and product is still not in my hands and expensive for cheap quality. Selling faulty watches and never accept.

Tanushree
TanushreePerth, WA

Very poor product and service centre performance

I have bought a watch from Citizen, and within 2 months found faulty. It was very frustrating and sent it twice to a citizen repair centre in my state. However, they did not find any fault. After that, with the help of Citizen in US, I sent it to New South Wales centre and they found out the fault, and according to my claim they sent a new one. However, within six months, the new one had the same issue (being slower). I had to pay to send it again to their centre, and I am waiting for a month, but the product is not my hand. I must not recommend to buy a Citizen watch.

Julsie
Julsie

Useless Citizen Watches.

Warranty Claim MadeYes
Kate
Kate

Poor warranty band not covered.

$400 plus for watch. Right from beginning it would unclip while being worn and then wouldn't clip up at all and a silver clip fell out. Worn only on special occasions approx. approx. 10 times. Returned it to Jewellers (place of Purchase) to be told band not covered by warranty. That will be $70.00 to fix.

HsH
HsH

Excellent service

Just got my watch back from Citizen. I had a faulty crown and after seeing the reviews here and knowing my watch was almost 2 years old I was expecting that I'll have to pay for the repair. Instead it was repaired with no questions and no issues in under a week. Very happy

Tom B
Tom BSouth East Queensland, QLD

I Own 6, Never a problem.

I have owned this brand for over 50 years and the quality has only increased with time. I began collecting watches 20 years ago and have 4 ecodrives a battery model, and an automatic Fugu, I also have a modern Seiko auto which is not as accurate, not as well finished, and own other brands. Perhaps all the negative reviews here come from Seiko? Because I wouldn't have thought to comment until I saw all the negatives. Go to a watch forum, you'll find little complaint with Citizen watches I assure you.

Sam
SamPerth, WA

Money down the drain

I bought an eco drive Citizen watch from Zamels about four years ago and took it twice back to Zamels store for repair.
The first time the watch stopped working and the second time it drives late.
Both times the watch work accurately for a period of time (the first time for about 6 months and the second time for about 4 weeks), then drive late despite being exposed to light.
Do not buy any eco drive Citizen watch.

Jim
JimSydney, NSW

Misleading useless warranty

I purchased a Citizen watch overseas from a reputable dealer, the watch came with a five year warranty in the USA. The watch cost $600 AUD and is barely two years old and is only worn as a dress watch.
I recently went to adjust the time and the crown separated from the watch rendering it useless. After contacting Citizen in Australia for repair I was told the warranty is only good for one year when goods are purchased overseas.
Obviously these watches are not made in Australia and are imported into the country, so what sense does this make.
Citizen watches should stand behind its product but obviously does not.

Warranty Claim MadeYes