Citizen Watches Australia

Citizen Watches Australia

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (4) · No (2)

Sam

SamPerth, WA

Money down the drain

I bought an eco drive Citizen watch from Zamels about four years ago and took it twice back to Zamels store for repair.
The first time the watch stopped working and the second time it drives late.
Both times the watch work accurately for a period of time (the first time for about 6 months and the second time for about 4 weeks), then drive late despite being exposed to light.
Do not buy any eco drive Citizen watch.

Jim

JimSydney, NSW

Misleading useless warranty

I purchased a Citizen watch overseas from a reputable dealer, the watch came with a five year warranty in the USA. The watch cost $600 AUD and is barely two years old and is only worn as a dress watch.
I recently went to adjust the time and the crown separated from the watch rendering it useless. After contacting Citizen in Australia for repair I was told the warranty is only good for one year when goods are purchased overseas.
Obviously these watches are not made in Australia and are imported into the country, so what sense does this make.
Citizen watches should stand behind its product but obviously does not.

Mark

MarkSouth East Queensland, QLD

The most trouble of any watch I have owned

Daniel L.

Daniel L.Illawarra, NSW

I love my Citizen Watch.

I can't believe that so many people have had a bad experience with Citizen. I got my 1st Citizen watch when I was 13 and it lasted my over 25 years. When it was time to replace my watch I had no problems paying over $2000 for a new Eco watch. I loved the idea that I would not have to replace the battery after 2 years. Anyway I have had this watch for over 5 years and would recommend Citizen Watches to anyone. To the person who was complaining about a rubber watch band breaking what do you expect it's rubber. Get a watch with a metal band next time. Citizen you should not sell rubber watch bands. That was the only thing that I had to replace with the watch I had for over 25 years.

Warranty Claim MadeNo

Rudolf

RudolfMelbourne

Customer service? What customer service?

Warranty Claim MadeNo

First and last Citizen watch I'll ever buy

John Ball

John BallSydney, NSW

Citizen have just lost another loyal customer

Redke

RedkeTasmania

Have lost all faith in Citizen watches

Bought my first eco drive in 2001, have owned and enjoyed 4 since then. Recently sent 2 year old watch to Citizen for chipped glass repair and was told they didn't have parts so couldn't fix it. They offered 50% off their online store to help ease my pain however why would I spend hundreds of dollars on another Citizen watch given they can't even replace a simple glass? Won't buy another Citizen and I recommend others think twice before spending big money on a watch that the manufacturer will not support.

Don't seem interested in low value repairs

Joe

JoeSydney Surrounds, NSW

I will never buy a citizen watch!

Constant companion for nearly 10 years.

JonC

JonCSydney

Strap broke within 2 years

My previous Citizen watch crashed and they offered me an Eco-Drive U200 for a reasonable $312 in July 2016. However within 2 years rubber the strap broke in two places, and I rang them to check. They said to give it to Myer, Prouds or Angus and Coote and they would repair it under warranty. However, two Myer stores said they wouldn't handle it, so I mailed it to Citizen. I received a quote from them today for almost $90. Ridiculous. When I ring their Service Department they say there is no-one there and to leave a number. So far no call back. I am REALLY angry with them and would strongly recommend against buying a Citizen watch.

Jane

JaneMelbourne

$350 Women's Eco-Drive

I actually loved my Citizen watch, as it was a gift from Mum. Had it for only 6 months before the clasp decided to break free, slip from my wrist, get driven over by a car and die. Now, it's totally useless. I never thought it would be the clasp that decide the fate of the watch. I have a Casio watch that's still working after 12 years. The Citizen watch's death was quite an experience...

NoWhinger

NoWhingerAU

Crown came out first time wife went to change to daylight savings

Matt

MattBrisbane

Lousy Customer Service

Graham

Graham

My citizen eco drive watch has stopped working

Only 14 months old my Citizen ECO drive watch has stopped working and won't reset. Serial number very difficult to read but looks like E8205080304. Other codes GN-4W-8. It was a gift from my ex-employer after 25 years of service.

February 18th 2019 Update: Citizen eco-drive watch

I was given a citizen eco-drive watch in 2016. Within 18 months the rechargeable battery failed and had to be replaced at a cost of circa $70. 1 year later the watch stopped again.
Now customer service in Sydney say the movement has been damaged and needs replacing at cost of $239. They claim movement has been subject to accidental damage and not covered by guarantee. I think the best place for this watch is in the skip.

Trisha

Trisha

Don't expect customer service

Do not expect any customer service, I have received none.
The eco watch I bought lasted for 4 years and then stopped. I had the battery pack replaced, but still no luck. Was told it would need new workings and or wiring and that it would cost more than the watch was worth, when I bought the watch it was worth around $400 + (proberbly not worth that much now, but still a few hundred $). Contacted Citizen on a few occasions. Still have had no reply from them or any acknowledgement of my emails. This all started while the watch was still in warranty and now obviously it is not. So had the new battery pack remove so it would not corrode and now it resides in a draw doing nothing.