3.5

• Trip Completed Yes (87) · No (17)
  • Ease of Booking

Tracy Taprell

Tracy TaprellSouth East Queensland, QLD

Wonderful family getaway

From the moment you enter the main reception area you are greeted by two of the most inviting & happy ladies I’ve ever met. The resort itself is very family friendly with duck feeding becoming our daily routine. The pool was inviting & the spa nice & hot. Due to some covid restrictions some things were out of service but that just means we’ll be back again to fully experience this wonderful relaxing place.
Prepare to take some coins though for buying lots of duck food (Ben & Jerry) .
The only downside I found was too many lily pads on the lake.

• +11
Brad Rasmus

Brad RasmusSouth East Queensland, QLD

Perfect multiple family get away!

Three families from the Sunshine Coast came down here for a week and we’ve been having the most amazing time. It’s been perfect for us and the kids. Plenty to do around the local area too.

Rod

RodSydney, NSW

Waste of Money

We are locked into a 7 year loan contract paying $107.58 per week. We are 5 years into it and by the time it's paid off we would have paid out close to $40K. Then on top of that we are required to pay $200 a tear in an Annual Fee. I have zero interest in booking anywhere with this business. I'd just like to cut my losses and say "here is what I have paid, take it and enjoy it yourself. And just walk away". I should have just saved my money and by now I could have flown around the world with the $25k-$30k I have already Paid.

Classic H.Classic Holidays

Hi Rod. Thank you for your comments, a Customer Care Manager has attempted to contact you by phone and email however without success. Once we receive your response to our email we will contact you further to offer assistance.

Find out how Classic Holidays compares to other Booking Services

Great accommodation, amazing place!

We had a bit of a problem with water pressure over the first weekend, queens birthday. So that was an issue with 7 of us there, but they fixed it on Tuesday, valve broken, likely over lock down and not noticed and we were the first people staying since. The Manager was so lovely and helpful and so were the other staff getting us extra blankets etc. So handy to town 5 minutes walk. So please to be able to stay as we had to cancel an earlier trip due to Covid.

R.Berry

R.BerryPerth, WA

Also over the nonsense

No Transparency, we are all in the dark. Classic Holidays have taken over the management of Silver Sands, owners at Silver Sands and as Classic members no one knows what is going on between the two entities. Board members at Classic Holidays and Silver Sands are making questionable commercial decisions and changes which are not in the best interests of shareholders. Silver Sands directors are disregarding concerns raised by members and are refusing to give clear responses to enquiries for explanations and clarification, an intertwined web, who knows what is going on. Don't buy into claasic or silver sands!!

Don't be fooled

Classic take advantage of desperate timeshare owners wanting to sell. they take your title for nothing ask you to pay $12.00.000 for the privilege you are forced into a contract for 5 years for which you pay a yearly fee and then you have to pay for any holidays you take. Overseas exchange holidays are hard to get and rentals are no cheaper often dearer than other booking sites

Over the BSSouth East Queensland, QLD

Stay clear

They have no care about customers and zero service. They only want money and don’t care about the client. The property refers you to the website the website refers you to the property.

Over the BS

Silver sands and [Name Removed] is aware my details I have been speaking and emailing her for months and still not resolved or attempted to resolve in an fair manor. I have tried to call and couldn't through

MikeStan

MikeStanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excelent place to come and relax, paddle boats and a pool for the kids, an excellent restaurant.

It was as great, my brother did the booking on our behalf, though so not too sure how that went but he didn't complaint so I guess it was very routine.

Yes the place exceeded our expectations, in all respects, except that the corona vurus meant we felt highly encouraged to cut our stay short.

karenhuia1968

karenhuia1968

Worst thing I’ve ever done.

Worst thing I’ve ever done don’t be conned into buying into classic holidays nothing but a wrought keep having to pay annual fees but when you try to terminate contract no one wants to talk to you.

Susan

Quality of accommodation was dreadful

Cilento Mooloolaba - our bedroom was located with the a/c motors for the whole building.
We had to buy toilet paper - dreadful.
The cafe below was noisey, we couldn't open the doors.
Noosa Sound Resort - old & run down.
Pool had mould spots in it.
Neighbours who were permanent residents were inconsiderate.
If we could rate zero for these places, we would.

Noeline M.

Noeline M.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Fantastic place to holiday

We have just spent a week at Cedar Lake Country Resort and we will be sorry to leave. The resort is clean and very well maintained. There is something here for everyone, kids playground, spa, sauna and pool. The grounds are huge and yes there is a lake. Kangaroos, turtles and ducks are everywhere. So relaxing. Thanks for your hospitality.

Overall good stay

Rooms where nice, good location. Website says 100$ deposit but was 200$ and took awhile to transfer back. All facilities where all good except for the gym which should not qualify as such.

Thomas Lonergan

Thomas LonerganSouth East Queensland, QLD

Timeshare is a trap. Once you pay to join you will never be able to sell for a price greater than your original outlay.

Unless you book at your home resort it costs an additional amount to holiday; whether it be instate, interstate or overseas.
For the record, I am happy with the service my home resort offers. Cannot afford to try other resorts as the annual fee is $850 and to exchange is a further $160. It is not difficult to pick up a week's holiday for 2 adults and 3 children for well below $1000.

A real RIP off

Many attempts to get any value for money stays in New Zealand, Nepal, samos etc have been a complete fail. Only if you want to stay in 3 star accommodation in australia or Europe is this even worth considering. Other booking sites have 1000s more options at same or much better rates. A real have! On emailing to find out about getting cheaper rates at places not actually owned by classic holidays has been very disappointing. Booking.com is cheaper every time.

Club Paihai

We always enjoy our week at Club Paihia & so have our children, grandchildren & great grandchildren.There is plenty to amuse all ages on site and centrally located to many tourist attractions.

SteveE

SteveEGippsland, VIC

Only worth it once you're retired

Last minute deals are always worth looking at but overall value for money isn't achieved until after you're retired and can be flexible with dates / locations. Classic's own resorts can be booked for approx $100 a night or less but they offer no eye-watering offers elsewhere.

Review collected in partnership with Classic Holidays

Nice place close to the beach!

Most rooms have partial bay views. Loved the fact that things like bikes, towels, and beach supplies were free for the guests! Several restaurants are located nearby and the big wave beaches are a short drive away.

It was wonderful

I did an e xchange through RCI and had no issues. There were no additional fees. Yes it met and even surpassed my expectations. I did not need to adjust or cancel my booking. The unit was well equipped, beautiful & impeccably clean.

Review collected in partnership with Classic Holidays

Very good for Australasian holidays.

We have never been able to book outside Australasia even for multi month trips. This was one of the selling points. We need to book more than 2 months in advance for airline tickets etc.

Booking Type Accommodation and Cruise

Paihia dream

The holiday was fantastic, great setting for the family.
So easy just packing the family into the car and heading up to our destination, as the appartments are fully equiped.
Keen to return.