Clear Networks
Brand Manager for Clear Networks? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Adequate Speeds Yes (2) · No (14)

GC611
GC611Melbourne

Poor quality that only gets worse

Very poor quality reception that only got worse as time went on and there techs could only get temporary fixes into place for a day or so. Internet connection dropped out all the time we network was being used. Very obviously a third party supplies service.

AnnU
AnnURichmond-Tweed, NSW

Poor Service Led to Change of Provider

Skymuster PLUS: We experienced poor connectivity... and when we tried to diagnose the problem, CLEAR's technical support was less than helpful. Their website stated that I could see my usage, however, it transpired that you had to ask Clear for the details as they had no mechanism to update the details from Skymuster data. When it appeared that we had overused our data, we were told we would have to wait till beginning of the month for an upgrade to occur...... 18 days away. With SkyPLUS, there should be no data limit on computer usage - however, we could not use basic email services. Once we changed providers, all these issues disappeared.

Stephanie
StephanieGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Deplorable in every way.

Internet repetitively dropped out over and over again. Couldn't get through to Clear Networks, terrible customer service! My business was left with no internet for large periods of time so we were unable to operate. Ended up switching to Optus and haven't had a hitch. Took Clear Networks to ombudsman and they are still demanding we pay out our contract worth $5700 of which they have not fulfilled their side of the contract at all and we only used them for a couple of nightmarish months. Would give them negative stars if i could. Have never had such a terrible experience with a company in my entire life.

Tim M.
Tim M.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Haphazard network

their network goes up and down way too often - their tech support always wants to blame your end user equipment even though plugged into the NBN FTTP modem directly - they are just dreadful in every way - what is less than 1 star

Bret
BretSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

No complaints

I live in remote rural and use them as part of NBN satellite broadband. Nil issues and very reliable service. Speeds as good as they can be given it's via satellite. Haven't had to rely on their support though so can't comment on that.

Worst ISP I've ever dealt with

I attempted to connect over a month ago. Clear have billed me for 2 months and are yet to provide a usable service. Originally when they said it was connected they had "assigned me the same IP as another customer", I was experiencing near 50% packet loss and it was pretty unusual to get google.com to load. They also claimed I used all my quota in a matter of hours, while my NTD was off. The connection behaves like it's still shaped (averages around 2mbit/s, often with 10% packet loss), but Clear claim there's no issue on their end. NBN have had a technician out to change over all active components at my end and are confident it's purely a RSP issue.

Their advertising is also extremely miss leading. Question every claim before signing up.

Not happy client..
Not happy client..Melbourne

Worst service provider : Dont waste your money & time !!

Joined for a 50/20 plan and nothing but the issues since the start of year..Sent the company lots of screenshots and did nothing until complained to Ombudsman and then still didnt had the decency to apologise and compensate for the stuff up. Poor and pathetic service from a particular staff member who has zero customer service skills and terrible attitude. Never had any satisfactory response as they have lack basic complaint resolution skills..Wont recommend this to anyone.

Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
Maudez
Maudez

Terrible Service, have tried to cancel service 3 times, still being billed 130 dollars a month for no service

Service was poor in comparison to ADSL and NBN from a service quality perspective, have tried canceling my service serveral times now and am a still being billed.

Next stop communications ombudsman....

Andre H.
Andre H.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Ridiculous

Have a problem for 3 months and keep counting, i paid the fastest plan on their plan. Supposed to get 50 mbps, but only get less 20 mpbs for the past 3 months, been calling and they said gonna call back! Never!! Not recommended to any one! Stay away from this this company! They just taking your money! And they not delivered the service. It’s a shame!

Bobb09
Bobb09Gippsland, VIC

After 3.5 years I've had enough

The level of service has been adequate but support has been virtually non-existent. CN promises a response within 2 business days of queries to tech support. I've had no reply to about 4 requests. Also, email through the clearmail client is either blocked or diverted to SPAM by many cloud systems including gmail. So even email becomes an unreliable means of comms. I've never had a satisfactory response about this issue from CN.

Tom
TomCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Service non existent

Was with clearnetworks for over 5 years, speeds was mediocre at best. Connection constantly dropping out, their tower was blown over by heavy winds 2019 winter, had no service for over 4 weeks. Their tech guy came out once their established a new transmeter and tested our service.
Received phone call from tech support telling us their could no longer provide service!
This adventure took over 6 weeks!
STAY CLEAR OF CLEARNETWORKS!

Glenn H.
Glenn H.South East Queensland, QLD

Sucks

I paid my Clear Networks a/c late because my card was crompromised. Guess What? They cut me off, not even a phone call. So I cancelled the a/c and went elsewhere then paid the arrears. But they kept billing me for no usage. I had a new a/c where my business was appreciated and Clear kept billing me??? Now it's going to Vic Magistrates Court because I wouldn't pay for the period I didn't have a connection. BEWARE

Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Dan C
Dan CFar West, NSW

Pathetic!! Don't waste your time and money

Despite advertising, their wireless broadband is anything but "broadband". It's slower than our former ADSL2 service. Their customer support is terrible. Despite writing via their customer service email numerous times, I still haven't been helped or responded to.

Sammy
Sammy

Poor Speeds paying $130/month for the FASTEST service

Adequate Speeds No
camerom l.
camerom l.Far West, NSW

Worst provider ever

Constant drop outs, and slow speed we were offered at least 17mbs and are lucky to get 2. Made many contacts to support and told again and again they are working on it. We went to the ombudsman and their answer was to do speed tests. That's great but the service is out and they tell me will be for 4 days. As I said worst ever