Click Broadband

Click Broadband

ADSL, Mobile Broadband and NBN

Not recommended

Terrible service. Every time service went out (every 2 months), had to wait 3-5 days for technician to come and fix the line. They offered no compensation for days of not having internet.
Speeds would reach maximums of 75 despite paying for 100, but frequented and average of 40-50.

Simply the worst experience I've had with an internet service.

Connection TypeI don't know
Hi, We are sorry to hear about this problem. We have tried to look you up on our system, but unfortunately, we have not been able to find you yet. Can you please reply with your CRN so that we can investigate your issue as soon as possible. Thank you, Click Team

Speeds are at total lie / too much contention

Customer of Click for 6 months, speed tests all over the place, random buffering, friends who visit commented on crap speed.
No how to guides on how to setup your router or VOIP, and everything requires calling customer service and then waiting for a tech (who try their best).

Switched to Aussie broadband, now speeds (80-95Mbp/s on NBN100 )now as advertised on exactly the same networking equipment / router etc. and same address.

Standalone or BundledBundled
Connection TypeHFC (Cable)

"We can't guarantee our speeds."

"We can't guarantee our speeds." was their response when I complained I'd been getting 35-60Mbps but paying for 100Mbps. The only time I got close to 100 (97 wireless, 95 wired) was after making numerous complaints, and it dropped again the next day. Don't trust them, they don't provide the service they claim, and their customer service leaves a lot to be desired. I switched to Dodo and I've never looked back. I've never had a speed issue with Dodo!!

Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Hi Robyn, We're very sorry to hear about the speed issue you experienced during your time with us. If possible, can you please assist us by sharing your CRN so we can re-visit your case, see what the issues were and improve our services? We value all our customers at Click Broadband and will do our best to provide the service they want so your assistance will be very much appreciated. Wish you best of luck with your new provider. Regards, Click TeamI've been through the TIO, but Click Broadband weren't very agreeable there so I've had to drop it. Never been so disillusioned and/or disappointed with a company!! :(

Not good, not terrible

Signed up to NBN50 unlimited for 7 months.
Speed:
Speeds ~35MBPS during the day. Speeds ranged from 0.5MBPS (once) > 15MBPS (frequent) > 35MBPS (rarely) in the evenings between 7pm-12pm.
Connection:
1 month of terrible dropouts (every couple of minutes)
Tech Support: 4-5 requests during the period.
Quality varied greatly; from being given time-wasting tasks and mindless busy work (presumably to make me feel like something was being done) to helpful (an engineer tweaked something and it went faster....for a while).
Overall:
I'm not sure how to rate because all our issues were at the ISP / NBN end. Was it Click? was it NBN? When the NBN engineer came they said nothing was wrong. When Click came they said it was the NBN. Who the hell knows? Previously I had Internode ADSL2+ and every support request received a long term solution so if I had to compare Click would do poorly...but again- who knows?

Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Dear Jeff, Thank you very much for your review and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. Can you please kindly reply to our private message with your CRN? We'd like to further investigate on the speed issue and resolve it promptly. Thank you for your patience throughout this time. Best regards, Click Team

Good customer service and good speed

I had some speed and connection issues but the customer support team resolved them quickly and promptly and was very helpful in the whole process very happy with the service I am receiving NBN FTTN Wendouree area.

Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Mark, Thank you for your great feedback! We hope you continue to enjoy our services and please do not hesitate to contact us if you need help with anything else. Best regards, Click Team

Started off OK. But then...

The onboarding experience (transferring from another NBN provider) was a bit kludgy but the customer service staff got it across the line. On the advice of their offshore contact centre staff, I signed onto the 50/20Mbps plan. I've given-up trying to get through to them any more for enquiries/support as the wait times are just bonkers.

Living directly across the road from the node, I know the maximum up/down speeds for my connection are 97382/36010 and was getting very close to those speeds from my previous NBN provider before they withdrew from the market. I figured 50/20 would be fine.

And it was. For a while. For the first few months, I was seeing consistent speeds of ~46500/~17000 at any time of the day or night. But by Christmas 2018 the bandwidth started to dry up. Today, I struggle to sustain 10000 down and 1500 up during the day making working from home (with video conferencing and heavy file transfers) almost impossible. And we've given-up on Netflix 4K streaming of an evening where speeds of 8000/900 are not uncommon. I used to get better speed from my old ADSL2+ connection where I was at the end of almost 4km of copper from the exchange!

Start DateAugust 2018
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi DJ, We are really sorry to hear this. Can you please assist us by providing your CRN (we'll send you a private message, simply reply to it) so we can further investigate the issue and resolve it ASAP. Regards, Click TeamThanks for reaching out, Sunna. There is no issue to resolve any more as I have churned to another provider.Thanks for your reply, DJ. Sorry to hear that we can no longer be at your service but we wish you all the best with the new provider. Regards, Click Team

Slow speeds and drop outs.

Connection TypeWireless
Dear Chris, We're really sorry to hear about this. Can you please kindly reply to our Private Message with your CRN and we'll investigate this issue ASAP. Our Support Team may contact you for more information and we will do our best to resolve this. Regards, Click TeamMy internet speeds are around 20mbs and I have frequent dropouts. I paying for 50mbps. My surrounding area is mostly paddocks. Between me and the tower is only open fields, The tower is only about a Kilometer away. This is not what I signed up for.Hi Chris, We have received your account details and we have escalated your case for investigation. Our support team to work to resolve the issue ASAP and will get in touch with you shortly. Best regards, Click Team

Poor speed & customer service

Very poor speeds & lags I’ve been with ISP. Customer Service poor speaking to OS people. never listened to my issues. Frustrating, ripoff ISP on the market. Changed to better provider.

Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Hi Nick, We are sorry to hear about this. Can you please assist us by providing your CRN via Private Message so we can investigate & resolve this issue ASAP? Regards, Click Team

Outstanding service and internet connection

I just got connected to click broadband and the service has been outstanding from start to finish. The speed I’m an getting now is unbelievable compared to my previous internet.

Start DateFebruary 2019
Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Hi Jason, Thank you for your great feedback. We hope you continue to enjoy our service with us and if you have any enquiries, please do not hesitate to contact us directly. Regards, Click Team

Terrible speed

My plan is 45mbps but always come it’s 12mbps
Many time it’s dropouts
And some time in evening speed drop like 2 mbps I called many time but thay can’t resolve the py

Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Dear Pradumankumar, We are sorry to hear about this problem. At Click Broadband we value our customers and always want to see them happy with the service we offer. We have located your account and escalated your case for investigation. We plan to solve this issue as soon as possible and will provide you with an update once we do. Once again, we apologise for any inconvenience caused. Regards, Click Team

NBN 50 is slow

We have NBN 50 and find that the connection sometimes drops out and also lags. We were with another company previously on the same speed tier and never had any issue but when we changed to click the speed has been much slower we are not very happy and are contemplating changing companies

Connection TypeWireless
Dear Monique, We are sorry to hear about this problem. At Click Broadband we value our customers and always want to see them happy with the service we offer. We have tried to look you up on our system, but unfortunately, we have not been able to find you yet. We have sent a private message where you can exchange your account details so that we can solve your issue as soon as possible. Thank you, Click Team

Good connection speed with great service!

We had our NBN connection over a year now and so far it's been great with good speed and no dropout. We live in northern NSW and previous ADSL connection was very frustrating with slow speed and constant dropout. Not to mention, we had to constantly restart our modem but now with NBN, we don't have to worry about those tech issue. Just use it flawlessly when you need it.

Start DateJanuary 2018
Standalone or BundledBundled
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi There, Thank you very much for your great review and we hope you continue to enjoy your time with us. Shall you have any enquiries, please do not hesitate to contact us directly. Regards, Click Team

I can't live without internet access.

The connection sometimes drop so my cell phone or my laptop do not detect any connection. It is annoying when I do a streaming and stop in the middle of the show.

Contract Type6-month contract
Connection TypeI don't know
Hi Dessy, We are sorry to hear about this problem. We will escalate your account for investigation and you will be contacted by our staff soon. In the future if any issues occur, please contact us directly on 1300 254 255, or via our website using our LiveChat or Contact Form functions before leaving feedback so we can address them more quickly. Thank you, Click Team

No value for money

I used to get NBN 12, then moved to NBN 25 to get better speed. I terms speed it did not improve significantly. Also, their customer service is super awful.

Start DateNovember 2018
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Ahmed, We are sorry to hear about this problem. We will escalate your account for investigation and you will be contacted by our staff soon. In the future if any issues occur, please contact us directly on 1300 254 255, or via our website using our LiveChat or Contact Form functions before leaving feedback so we can address them more quickly. Thank you, Click Team

Not perfect but what is?

Good reliable connection with barely any dropouts I've noticed. Average speed is half or even less of the NBN50 connection but everyone else is the same so I won't mark them down for it. The switch was easy and modem is a good one compared to other company's.
In short, hassle free billing and service, hasn't required a single phonecall since connection 4 months ago.

Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Dear Adam, Thank you very much for your excellent review. We apologise for the speed issue and Thank You for your understanding. We are working closely with our supplier to improve our service and we hope you continue to enjoy your time with us. If you need any help with anything, please do not hesitate to contact us directly. Regards, Click Team

Can't even load a video

I signed up 2 services, 1 was to be connected immediately, and 1 at a later date, both were confirmed by rep and email but still had to chase up a week later to only found out they thought both were to be connected at a later date.

It has been roughly a week since I connected and the speeds have been horrendous, particularly during peak (7-11pm). I barely get beyond 5mb/s. Currently it is 10pm and my speed is 0.68mb/s! The default quality for any youtube videos is 144p and still buffers.

I have mentioned this with their customer service and they told me to screenshot the speeds (which I will) and they will look into it.

While it is a competitive price, I don't think the abysmal speed is worth it. If it doesn't improve drastically I think I'll opt out after this month and cancel my other pending service with them to save the hassle.

Start DateFebruary 2019
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Dear An Tran, Thanks for sharing your speed test results and we are sorry to hear about this problem. In order to escalate your case for further investigation, please kindly reply to our Private Message with your account details. We will do our best to solve this issue ASAP and will get in touch with you once we have updates. Regards, Click Team

Trying to steal $297 from customers

Spent 5 hours on the phone between Click, NBNCO, Telstra and another ISP trying to work out why Click wanted to charge me $297 to connect a 40yo property with an existing phone line. The ‘Class 11’ (my house) doesn’t mean there is no phone cable, it means NBN needs to verify the infrastructure which they do during the appointment. This information was confirmed by NBN, Telstra, and the 3rd service provider who I’m now with. Guess what? No $297 charge with them!

In order to ‘prove’ I had a phone line, I was asked to take a photo of the phone socket?! Just crazy.

NBN confirmed they would only pass on the connection fee when there is no infrastructure in place, and then the isp may pass this on to the consumer. I don’t know how Click can get away with demanding $297 upfront before they check the infrastructure. Theiving, dodgy business tactics that shouldn’t be tolerated. Go with literally anyone else.

Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Tim, Thanks for taking time to share your feedback, we have worked closely on your case with our provider since you raised your concern. The NBN portal shows that there are no active CPI or phone line, which triggers a charge of $297 that we pass directly to customers (this differs from New development fee which is charged by NBNCo/providers directly when there is no existing phone line). In order to confirm if there would be a charge, we need to submit the evidence to NBN therefore we requested for your assistance, however, you were not able to provide us with any supporting materials. We will never steal from our customers, we have been providing thousands of customers with great service for over ten years. We wish you the best of luck with your new provider. Regards, Click TeamHi there, I cannot believe you are still trying to mislead potential customers. You don’t ‘need’ to provide evidence to NBN, NBN themselves said that if the infrastructure is in place (which they check when then visit the property on appointment) then they do not pass on any charge! This means that you are pocketing $297 from the customer without any justification. NBN told me to stay away from any ISP demanding connection fees upfront, and yours is the only company that asked me for one. Look at your other negative reviews, I wasn’t the only one you’re trying to mislead with this charge. Change your business practices or continue to lose more potential customers.Hi Tim, Our team is only following the NBN guidelines and the system at the time showed that New Copper installation is required at your address (please refer to screen shot here https://imgur.com/a/TMrvDmP). This is what triggers the $297 fee. We tried our best to log a case with our supplier to initiate an investigation with NBNCo for the data discrepancy but we couldn’t escalate it with just a simple claim, we needed evidence to support our argument hence requested for some paperwork at the time or even a snapshot of the socket. There has been similar cases previously where the customer was able to give us proof allowing us to show NBNCo the data discrepancy hence no charge was submitted to the customer. We apologise for any confusion that resulted because of this and continue to wish you the best of luck with your connection. We would also like to confirm that we only pass such a charge to a customer if we get charged by NBNCo. So far, this has only affected 1% of our total customers, hardly a money making issue. Regards, Click Team

Impressed with the service, good value for money

Been with Click for about a week now on their 6 month promo Standard NBN plan. Location is Melbourne Docklands. Had an initial hiccup in getting the churn from earlier provider. Once activated have not found any reason to complain. No network outage or any congestion related issue yet. Speed does go down to around 10-12'ish around evenings, but doesn't affect our regular Netflix or Youtube streaming, occasional Whatsapp video/Facetime calls to family overseas. Pretty happy with the service so far.

Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)
Hi Suman, Thank you very much for your great review. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly if you have any enquiries. Wish you continue to enjoy our services at Click Broadband. Regards, Click Team

Slow Speeds During Peak Times

I am on a 50 mbps plan with the promise of actually getting somewhere in the 40+ Mbps range in the evenings.
And sometimes during off peak I do get 40+ Mbps, but in the evenings it can be single digits up to low 20Mbps.
I have mentioned this to their customer service people and they say sorry about that. Their promotional price was cheap..and I guess for a reason.
I have no other complaints but there is nothing compelling me to stay with them. I might as well try my luck with one of the many other providers. I have come to the conclusion that cheap prices can only be sustained if the provider oversells their bandwidth.

Connection TypeNBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Dear Customer, Sorry about our late reply. We have located your account and escalated your case. Our team is currently looking at possible solutions and will get back to you as soon as we can. We apologise for any inconvenience caused and please do not hesitate to contact us directly for further enquiries. Regards, Click Team

Trying to charge a bogus $297 installation charge

I read these reviews and decided to go with Click NBN. However, when I called them up I was told that there was a $297 charge for a "New Copper Pair" installation.

I checked with NBN corp and they said there should be no charge at all (it's a long established area with HFC connection, not a green-field development). I checked Click's own critical information summaries and they do not allow for the charge in these circumstances. I have checked with Click's competitors and they confirmed no charge.

Notwithstanding this, I have hit a brick-wall talking to Click's Philippines call centre - "the computer says no".

Is this how they recoup the apparently low charges for the service?

Connection TypeNBN HFC (Cable)
Hi Will, Thank you for reporting this issue. If you can please assist us by providing your address via private message so we can escalate this issue for further investigation. Please also allow us to call you back with updates by providing us your contact number as well. We apologise for any inconvenience caused. Regards, Click TeamThanks for the swift response. I have messaged you with the details.Hi Will, Thank you for your prompt response. We have received your details and forwarded them for further investigation. At Click Broadband we aim to offer the best customer service and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. Our support team will get in touch with you as soon as we have an answer. Regards, Click Team