Click Broadband

No value for money

I used to get NBN 12, then moved to NBN 25 to get better speed. I terms speed it did not improve significantly. Also, their customer service is super awful.

Bad
Terrible
Start DateNovember 2018
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Not perfect but what is?

Good reliable connection with barely any dropouts I've noticed. Average speed is half or even less of the NBN50 connection but everyone else is the same so I won't mark them down for it. The switch was easy and modem is a good one compared to other company's.
In short, hassle free billing and service, hasn't required a single phonecall since connection 4 months ago.

Start DateOctober 2018
Set-up Time5 days
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Dear Adam, Thank you very much for your excellent review. We apologise for the speed issue and Thank You for your understanding. We are working closely with our supplier to improve our service and we hope you continue to enjoy your time with us. If you need any help with anything, please do not hesitate to contact us directly. Regards, Click Team

Can't even load a video

I signed up 2 services, 1 was to be connected immediately, and 1 at a later date, both were confirmed by rep and email but still had to chase up a week later to only found out they thought both were to be connected at a later date.

It has been roughly a week since I connected and the speeds have been horrendous, particularly during peak (7-11pm). I barely get beyond 5mb/s. Currently it is 10pm and my speed is 0.68mb/s! The default quality for any youtube videos is 144p and still buffers.

I have mentioned this with their customer service and they told me to screenshot the speeds (which I will) and they will look into it.

While it is a competitive price, I don't think the abysmal speed is worth it. If it doesn't improve drastically I think I'll opt out after this month and cancel my other pending service with them to save the hassle.

OK
OK
Start DateFebruary 2019
Set-up Time8 days
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Dear An Tran, Thanks for sharing your speed test results and we are sorry to hear about this problem. In order to escalate your case for further investigation, please kindly reply to our Private Message with your account details. We will do our best to solve this issue ASAP and will get in touch with you once we have updates. Regards, Click Team

Trying to steal $297 from customers

Spent 5 hours on the phone between Click, NBNCO, Telstra and another ISP trying to work out why Click wanted to charge me $297 to connect a 40yo property with an existing phone line. The ‘Class 11’ (my house) doesn’t mean there is no phone cable, it means NBN needs to verify the infrastructure which they do during the appointment. This information was confirmed by NBN, Telstra, and the 3rd service provider who I’m now with. Guess what? No $297 charge with them!

In order to ‘prove’ I had a phone line, I was asked to take a photo of the phone socket?! Just crazy.

NBN confirmed they would only pass on the connection fee when there is no infrastructure in place, and then the isp may pass this on to the consumer. I don’t know how Click can get away with demanding $297 upfront before they check the infrastructure. Theiving, dodgy business tactics that shouldn’t be tolerated. Go with literally anyone else.

Terrible
Bad
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Tim, Thanks for taking time to share your feedback, we have worked closely on your case with our provider since you raised your concern. The NBN portal shows that there are no active CPI or phone line, which triggers a charge of $297 that we pass directly to customers (this differs from New development fee which is charged by NBNCo/providers directly when there is no existing phone line). In order to confirm if there would be a charge, we need to submit the evidence to NBN therefore we requested for your assistance, however, you were not able to provide us with any supporting materials. We will never steal from our customers, we have been providing thousands of customers with great service for over ten years. We wish you the best of luck with your new provider. Regards, Click TeamHi there, I cannot believe you are still trying to mislead potential customers. You don’t ‘need’ to provide evidence to NBN, NBN themselves said that if the infrastructure is in place (which they check when then visit the property on appointment) then they do not pass on any charge! This means that you are pocketing $297 from the customer without any justification. NBN told me to stay away from any ISP demanding bogus connection fees upfront, and yours is the only company that asked me for one. Look at your other negative reviews, I wasn’t the only one you’re trying to mislead with this fake charge. Change your business practices or continue to lose more potential customers.Hi Tim, Our team is only following the NBN guidelines and the system at the time showed that New Copper installation is required at your address (please refer to screen shot here https://imgur.com/a/TMrvDmP). This is what triggers the $297 fee. We tried our best to log a case with our supplier to initiate an investigation with NBNCo for the data discrepancy but we couldn’t escalate it with just a simple claim, we needed evidence to support our argument hence requested for some paperwork at the time or even a snapshot of the socket. There has been similar cases previously where the customer was able to give us proof allowing us to show NBNCo the data discrepancy hence no charge was submitted to the customer. We apologise for any confusion that resulted because of this and continue to wish you the best of luck with your connection. We would also like to confirm that we only pass such a charge to a customer if we get charged by NBNCo. So far, this has only affected 1% of our total customers, hardly a money making issue. Regards, Click Team

Impressed with the service, good value for money

Been with Click for about a week now on their 6 month promo Standard NBN plan. Location is Melbourne Docklands. Had an initial hiccup in getting the churn from earlier provider. Once activated have not found any reason to complain. No network outage or any congestion related issue yet. Speed does go down to around 10-12'ish around evenings, but doesn't affect our regular Netflix or Youtube streaming, occasional Whatsapp video/Facetime calls to family overseas. Pretty happy with the service so far.

Start DateJanuary 2019
Set-up Time8 days
Adequate Speeds Yes
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)
Hi Suman, Thank you very much for your great review. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly if you have any enquiries. Wish you continue to enjoy our services at Click Broadband. Regards, Click Team

Slow Speeds During Peak Times

I am on a 50 mbps plan with the promise of actually getting somewhere in the 40+ Mbps range in the evenings.
And sometimes during off peak I do get 40+ Mbps, but in the evenings it can be single digits up to low 20Mbps.
I have mentioned this to their customer service people and they say sorry about that. Their promotional price was cheap..and I guess for a reason.
I have no other complaints but there is nothing compelling me to stay with them. I might as well try my luck with one of the many other providers. I have come to the conclusion that cheap prices can only be sustained if the provider oversells their bandwidth.

Connection TypeNBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Dear Customer, Sorry about our late reply. We have located your account and escalated your case. Our team is currently looking at possible solutions and will get back to you as soon as we can. We apologise for any inconvenience caused and please do not hesitate to contact us directly for further enquiries. Regards, Click Team

Trying to charge a bogus $297 installation charge

I read these reviews and decided to go with Click NBN. However, when I called them up I was told that there was a $297 charge for a "New Copper Pair" installation.

I checked with NBN corp and they said there should be no charge at all (it's a long established area with HFC connection, not a green-field development). I checked Click's own critical information summaries and they do not allow for the charge in these circumstances. I have checked with Click's competitors and they confirmed no charge.

Notwithstanding this, I have hit a brick-wall talking to Click's Philippines call centre - "the computer says no".

Is this how they recoup the apparently low charges for the service?

Connection TypeNBN HFC (Cable)
Hi Will, Thank you for reporting this issue. If you can please assist us by providing your address via private message so we can escalate this issue for further investigation. Please also allow us to call you back with updates by providing us your contact number as well. We apologise for any inconvenience caused. Regards, Click TeamThanks for the swift response. I have messaged you with the details.Hi Will, Thank you for your prompt response. We have received your details and forwarded them for further investigation. At Click Broadband we aim to offer the best customer service and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. Our support team will get in touch with you as soon as we have an answer. Regards, Click Team

NBN 100 at times slower than ADSL

It's been bloody hopeless since Day 1.

Today the service is testing at 25Mbit. Sometimes 10 or below. At times the service can reach 100 (so the line is physically capable of the high speeds) but that is the exception rather than the rule. There are lots of hollow promises from the Philippines of fixing it, but nothing eventuates, and the service just keeps getting slower.

Connection TypeNBN FTTC (Fibre to the Curb)
Hi Richo, We are sorry to hear about this problem. At Click Broadband we value our customers and always want to see them happy with the service we offer. We have sent a private message where you can exchange your account details so that we can solve your issue as soon as possible. We apologise for any inconvenience caused. Regards, Click TeamHi Richo, We haven't received your account details yet. Please send them through via private message so we can escalate your concern and have the issue fixed ASAP. Or if you wish to contact us directly, please call 1300 254 255. Our operating hours are 9am to 10pm AEST 7 days. Hope to hear from you soon. Regards, Click TeamHi Richo, We would like to follow-up on the speed issue. If you are still experiencing slow speeds, please kindly provide us with your account details so we can have the issue resolved ASAP. Regards, Click Team

Very slow NBN. Cancelling is a nightmare

Connection was very slow especially during peaks. They assured that they would look into. It nothing they can do I guess - I had expected it to be a bit slower due to their pricing but it was half of any other ISP I’ve been on with NBN.

Cancelling - told it was fine. Get sent a new bill. Called - eventually told that it was an error, just to ignore it. Here we are now with a reminder notice for the same bill.

Woeful.

Connection TypeNBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Hi Travis, We apologise once again for the issues you've experienced. We have confirmed that your account is cancelled and you will no longer receive any bills from us. We wish you all the best. Regards, Click TeamTrue, but you also confirmed this on the call I had with you and the email you sent me after that call on 11/12/2018. Thanks for you reply but I’d still warn people to stay well away.

Excellent speed and customer service

Easy to connect and so far speed is very good. Customer service very helpful and always available to answer. Would recommend

Connection TypeNBN HFC (Cable)
Thank You Mike for your excellent feedback! At Click Broadband, we'll do our best to provide our Customers with quality service so please do not hesitate to contact us if you have enquiries. Thanks again and Welcome to Click Broadband :) Best regards, Click Team

Internet not Broadband

Works fine, as long as you don't wish to do anything more than just check your EMails between 7pm to 9pm

Connection TypeNBN Wireless
Hi Michael, Thank you for your review and I am sorry to hear about this problem. I have forwarded your feedback to our support team for investigation and we will get in touch with you shortly. Apologies for any inconvenience caused. Regards, Click Team

Superb customer service and turnaround time

Contacted Click to activate my NBN after 6pm on Friday, did *not* get in a queue / on hold for 20+ minutes (as it always happens with most other ISPs I called previously) and had the NBN activated in less than 48 hours on Sunday (!!). Even received a call on that day from the customer service representative to confirm this.
Every time I called Click before or after that I managed to get straight through to a friendly customer support member without any waiting time whatsoever.

Absolutely amazing!

Connection TypeNBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Thank You Dan for your excellent feedback! At Click Broadband, we'll do our best to provide our Customers with quality service so please do not hesitate to contact us if you have enquiries. Thanks again and Welcome to Click Broadband :) Best regards, Click Team

Unable to provide decent connection speeds.

I had been with click for 5 months paying for 50mbps download speeds. After 3 weeks the speed dropped to around 5mbps (2.6-6.4mbsp) during peak periods. I talking to tech support multiple times with no results and had no helpful response from there management team despite multiple attempts over four months.
It was a slow painful experience dealing with Click.
I would not recommend them.

Connection TypeNBN Wireless
Dear Customer, I am sorry to hear about this problem and apologise for the issue you're experiencing. At Click Broadband we value our customers and always want to see them happy with the service we offer. I have sent a private message where you can exchange your account details so that I can escalate & solve your issue as soon as possible. Thank you, Click TeamHi There, We aim to solve all issues in the shortest time possible but we have not been able to locate your account with us. Please kindly reply to our private message with your details so we can verify your account and have everything fixed for you ASAP. Regards, Click TeamHi! We have not received your contact or account details. If you are still experiencing speed issues with us, please kindly reply to our private message with your details, or you may call us on 1300 254 255. Our operating hours are 9AM-10PM AEST, 7 days. Look forward to hearing from you. Regards, Click Team

Very Very Slow Internet .. disconnected alot ... same crap answers

Bad: Internet is very very very very slow and drops out a lot. Same old answer daily restart your modem. Very painful
we have to use our 4g on our phones alot.
The cheap price means crap connection i think.

Good: customer service people are very nice to talk to even though nothing happens expect please restart your modem every day and the same old crap saying we will look into it with no feed back at all.

I need to change soon cant deal with this anymore.

December 18th 2018 Update: Extremely bad beware

Never ending madness dealing with company.
Internet can’t even send a email.
No refunds or assistance when is not working.
Good reviews are fake.
I am not sure how they get away with it.

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Dear Wayne, We apologise for the speed issue you're experiencing. We'll escalate your case to our support team and try to resolve it ASAP. We'll get in contact with you soon. Regards, Click TeamDear Wayne, We have tried to look you up on our system, but unfortunately, we have not been able to find you yet. We have sent a private message where you can exchange your account details so that we can solve your issue as soon as possible. Thank you, Click TeamHi Wayne, We value our customers and we aim to solve all issues in the shortest time possible. However, we have not been able to locate your account with us. Please kindly reply to our private message with your details so we can verify your account and have everything fixed for you. Regards, Click Team

Speed was very low initially, but resolved.

Not happy with the speed over evening as I have paid for NBN50 initially, however after a few calls the speed issue is now resolved.

Connection TypeNBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Thanks again Johnson for your review. Regards, Click Team.

nice staff. perfect service :-)

Im pretty sure im gonna use the service again if possible!

Connection TypeADSL/ADSL2+
Hi There! Thanks for your review! You are most welcome to contact us if you have any enquiries and we will do our best to assist you at all times. Regards, Click Team P.S. Let us know if you'd like to switch over to our NBN service once it's available at your address ;)

Amazing customer service, superbly happy

I was after a low budget NBN provider with no-contract options and good customer service. Well, found it, look no further.

The on-boarding process was handled exceptionally well. So good in fact that I wondered how they do that. I did my research and decided to sign up. Contacted Click via Chat. The person on the chat asked me whether I would prefer to do this over the phone and I happily agreed. Seconds later my phone rang.

Same person I was chatting with was now talking to me and told me that he would be "my personal contact point through the entire onboarding process" - and I of course thought yeah right, that's going to happen. But low and behold, next time I called the number I was given, that very person answered the phone AND remembered me by name AND told me that he just saw that my connection was ready for the next step and that he was about to call me. He asked me to wait a little bit longer and he would call me within the next few hours (and I again thought yeah right ...). But, yes, he called, gave me the info I needed to get online and that was it.

I had some evening congestion issues at night to begin with. I collected the information for some time and then contacted support via their chat web site. I admit, I needed to contact them three times, but each time I told them the issues was not urgent. After the third time I was a bit firmer and was told I would be called back by a senior technician (another yeah right moment of course). But a little later the phone rang, and I was speaking to an incredibly knowledgeable, friendly and patient senior engineer who was able to make some changes right while I was on the phone. And, believe it or not, he called me a few hours later to follow up and to assure me that I could contact him again if the problem was not resolved. So, you can see, I cannot rave enough about their customer service.

Of course to do the proper social media thing I could get all huffy and puffy about how unacceptable it was that I had the problem in the first place and that I had to chat three times to get anywhere and how important my time is and how disrespectful a company that wastes my time is and call this the worst experience of my life and how everybody should avoid them. But that could not be further from the truth. The truth is, this has been an incredibly positive experience. I hated the fact I had to change ISPs because of the NBN and I dreaded the process of switching. Based on past experiences I was sure things would take ages to get connected and teething problems to get ironed out. None of that happened, I cannot recommend them highly enough.

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Thank you very much indeed for your excellent feedback and we appreciate all the time & patience you gave us! Nevertheless, we apologise for any inconvenience caused. Please do not hesitate to contact us if any issues arise - we will always be at our best to help. Lastly, welcome aboard Click Broadband :) Regards, Click Team

Not getting 12megabits.

I have experienced a few drop outs whilst streaming. I have checked the nbn download/ upload speeds on a couple of sites and am lucky to get 6Mb on a 12Mb plan.

Connection TypeNBN FTTC (Fibre to the Curb)
Hi Nicholas, We apologise for the speed issue you're experiencing. We've escalated your case and will do our best to resolve it ASAP. Our Support Team will get in contact with you soon. Regards, Click TeamThank you.Hi Nicholas! Our team tried to contact you via phone, SMS and email but we haven't heard from you so just want to check if you've received our messages. If you'd like us to call again, please provide a call back time and we'll advise the team to contact you during the nominated hours. Regards, Click Team

Great performance but very poor service

Very poor service. Took 3 days to setup the account with many phone calls required. On day when service was due to start there was no connection. 3 days later after many calls once again I was able to gain service.
Technical support could not make service work. With trial and error I found the correct settings to get the connection to work. No dropouts or speed problems though.
I dread having a problem and having to contact their support again.

Connection TypeNBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Hi Anthony, We apologise for the inconvenience you experienced but thank you for letting us know. We'll investigate this matter and improve our support team's service. Regards, Click TeamHi Anthony, Our team tried to contact you via phone, SMS and email but we haven't heard from you so just want to check if you've received our messages. If you'd like us to call again, please provide a call back time and we'll advise the team to contact you during the nominated hours. Regards, Click TeamMy comment in the above review about no dropouts or speed problems has turned out to be wrong. I am now suffering extremely slow speeds down to as low as 304kbps. On numerous occasions it has been less than 10mbps. These speeds are not during the peak of 6pm to 10pm. I have days of results from test.mynet measuring speeds every hour and I have numerous random tests as well. As yet Click have not resolved anything. These speed problems started around the time I posted my original review. I am on a 50 mbps plan and the maximum I have ever achieved at any time is 44mbps. Majority of the time speed is between 10 mbps and 30 mbps.

Evening speed not so reliable

I have intermittent speed issues with the service. Evening speeds have dropped below the advertised minimum evening speed on several occasions

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Michael, We apologise about the speed issue you're experiencing. We've escalated this case and will try and resolve this issue ASAP. Our Customer Service Team will get in contact with you soon. Regards, Click TeamHi Michael, Our team tried to contact you via phone, SMS and email but we haven't heard from you so just want to check if you've received our messages. If you'd like us to call again, please provide a call back time and we'll advise the team to contact you during the nominated hours. Regards, Click TeamDear Michael, Thank you very much for your patience & assistance! We have now solved this issue and we hope you continue to enjoy our services. If you need any help with anything else, please don’t hesitate to contact us on 1300 254 255. Thank you, The Click Team