Cloud Nine Original Iron

Cloud Nine Original Iron

See the Best Hair Straighteners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

AShlea

AShlea

Love the multi temp settings

So easy to use, lithe straightener heats in I ly a few seconds and I can adjust the temp mid way through use. Leaves my head feeling soft and smooth :)

Purchased in April 2018.

Straightening Time 5 minutes

Sophie

SophiePerth, WA

The perfect straightener

Love this device! Use it for any hairstyle and I know I can get my hair looking amazing within minutes. I love the feature of choosing the heat so you won’t heat damage hair unnecessarily

Purchased in September 2017 at Oz Hair & Beauty for $220.00.

Straightening Time 10 minutes
JSS

JSS

A bit flimsy

This hair straightner was good while it lasted. Owned it for less than a year before it broke due to it being poor quality. It developed a crack from use that had to be glued back together and now t doesn't work as well as I'd hoped. It was expensive for the overall poor quality of the product.

Purchased for $250.00.

Straightening Time 20 minutes
Jessica

JessicaPeel, WA

The best! So glad I switched to this

I'm in love!! Very quick to heat up, and I love the adjustable heat settings. My husband was also happy that it comes with a heat resistant cover to stop the benches from getting damaged. I can't believe how smooth and silky my hair feels after using it. And how quick it is for me to take my hair from frizzy to nice and straight.

Purchased in May 2019 at Adore Beauty for $279.00.

Hair Length Short
Straightening Time 5 minutes

Kelly J.

Kelly J.South East Queensland, QLD

Great while it worked

I bought my Cloud 9 Original straightener 3 years ago and never had any issues. However it has now all of a sudden stopped working. I started to hear a clicking noise in it and the next day when I turned it on, it would beep and the light would come on then it would stop.
I am pretty devastated as it worked so well but 3 years just isn't long enough for the kind of money they cost.

Purchased in May 2016 for $300.00.

Hair Length Short
Hair Style Curly

Joe

JoeCentral West, NSW

Best. Straightener. Ever.

The speed of this straightener is amazing. Not only does it heat up super quickly, but straightener hair takes two seconds. I am a hairdresser and I would use our Cloud Nine Iron 10 times a day at least, and I would not ever choose anything else!

Purchased in March 2016 for $299.00.

Tamara N.

Tamara N.South East Queensland, QLD

The best hands down

This iron is awesome. My hair always turns out so smooth even without a blow dry first. I used to hate doing my hair... now It looks professionally done every time!

Purchased in December 2018 for $230.00.

Ricky V.

Ricky V.South East Queensland, QLD

This is the top of the line straightener!

The Cloud nine straighteners are the new best straightener!
Does not destroy or pull my hair, holds temp well, came in a lovely gift pack with heat resistant bag.
I have already brought my mum one as a gift!

Purchased in May 2017 for $270.00.

JADS88

JADS88South Australia

Fantastic Straightener

Bought this for my wife for Christmas, she loves it. Used to have a GHD before this which was still good, but these Cloud Nine units are even better by the sounds! Good quality product heats up fast and has an auto off if you forget to switch it off. Would recommend to others for sure!

Purchased in October 2018 for $259.95.

Hair Style Curly
Woonona moo

Woonona mooIllawarra, NSW

Won’t go back to ghd

My hair is so dry and chemically distroyed. But the cloud nine doesn’t pull or snap my hair. I had a ghd before this and hands down cloud nine is the better of the two. Heats up quicker seem to have better heat control and hair glides through it better live love love

Purchased in June 2019 at Hairdresser .

Straightening Time 20 minutes

Morgan

MorganPerth, WA

Total workhorse.

When my last straightener bit the bullet (ghd) after 8 years I was looking for something to replace it and had heard that Cloud 9 was a good brand to look into as GHD supposedly weren't what they used to be. Super happy with this purchase - I don't want any fancy bells and whistles on my straightener, just for it to do it's job and this is exactly that, it straightens and curls with no fuss.

Very minor gripe - I wish it made it more obvious that it was left on or had an auto-off feature as I often leave it on by accident in the mornings, but that's just me. Love that I can adjust the heat settings as I often need a higher heat to get a good curl going. Hoping this one lasts as long as my last straightener!

Purchased in October 2018 at Adore Beauty for $300.00.

Alicia.M.

Alicia.M.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

6 weeks old - BURNT OUT

6 weeks old and $330 waste of money. It made a crackling noise and heated down the straightener and burnt my hand. Turned it off waited to cool and turned it back on, seconds later it crackles and a fair amount of smoke comes out of it. Old Ghd still problem free after approx 7yrs, thought I was upgrading- how wrong I was.
UPDATE* Hair care Australia happily swapped it over for a new one and were lovely to deal with. I'm still unsure if this was the best purchase...

Purchased in January 2019 at Dose the hair company for $330.00.

Straightening Time 25 minutes

Sez Gilcher

Sez Gilcher

Cant live without this great product

Has a great inbuilt speed setting for fast and safe use, does not fry my hair, makes it silky and softer than its ever been. my hair is usually very dry and feels brittle and like straw, this is the only hair straightener that my hair type agrees with

Purchased in October 2018 for $119.00.

Straightening Time 10 minutes

Natasha

NatashaCampbelltown

I use it everyday

I bought the cloud nine hair straightener & I love it I use it everyday & I have curly thick hair & my hair comes out straight every time makes my hair feel so smooth & silky I even use it on my 5 year old daughters hair for occasions can curl hair with it too

Awful

Bought original straighteners on 9/1/2019 direct from cloud nine paying £119.00 used this morning for 3rd time and was smoking and smelt of burning, not a happy customer, just waiting to be contacted as office is closed today.

Erin

ErinSydney

Just good..

I have long curly fizzy hair and I find that this straighter does the job to straighten to frizz however I have found since using my hair has become more oily. Also when straighting my hair gets caught in the plates every time and causes my hair to break. I know have fly aways which I did not have before so have started straight if bits at a time to avoid getting my hair caught which takes longer

They only last the warranty period

Good until they break and seems to be always after the warranty period ends ! I’ll never waste my money again ghd lasted me 6 years .. sad they make a product that lasts 2 year ish then they want you to buy again money makers

Tayla M

Tayla MMelbourne

Good

Been using this straighter past 5 years, I have only had to buy a upgraded version once when it didn’t turn on.

Harriet

Harriet

Love it

My hair never looks damaged after use and love that it turns off automatically. Straightens my hair quickly and it stay straight for longer.

Lala

LalaMelbourne

Simply the best

Heats up super fast.
Adjustable heat setting.
Extra long cord.
Turns off after it hasn't been used for a while.

Best straightener I've owned, I take it with me everywhere I go.

Gets the job done easy and fast.

Shona

Shonaasked

No response from Cloud 9 Customer service, except receipt of my enquiry, as below:
Subject: Not getting a good result
Hello! I purchased your wide iron through ry.com.au, after glowing recommendations from two hair dressers and reading reviews online. I have wavy red hair that is quite thick, which I condition well and use a heat protector, I normally blow dry my hair straight with a round pig bristle brush (and Parlux dryer) and then smooth/lightly straighten with a hair straighter for a soft/glossy finish, sometimes when I want a completely straight look I take more time to do so. I have been using a Vidal Sasoon straightener with ceramic plates on 180 degrees for a long time. I was excited to receive your straightener but I am having trouble achieving the result I want/had previously with my old straightner and need advice. I have not changed anything with my product routine but I am finding the new wide iron is making my hair appear stiff and dull rather than smoothed/straightened on 150 degrees, any higher a setting I find my hair smells a little 'toasty' - that slightly too hot smell. The iron heats up very quickly and glides through my hair beautifully and I love that it is so light to handle. I am wondering if there is something wrong with the iron or if I am doing something incorrect or if I should have perhaps bought the normal width iron for my hair? My first ever iron was a wide model and I had no problems with results. I have gone back to my old straightening iron until I can figure out what the problem is. I look forward to your response

Gemma

Gemmaasked

Where can I get my cloud 9 hair straightener fixed? An alarm is going off and I think I saw sparks going off inside it

Nina L.

Nina L.asked

Whats the average lifespan of the C9m My ghd lasted me 8 years. looking for a replacement

Get an answer from our members and Cloud Nine representatives