Cloud Nine Original Iron

See the Best Hair Straighteners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

The perfect straightener

Love this device! Use it for any hairstyle and I know I can get my hair looking amazing within minutes. I love the feature of choosing the heat so you won’t heat damage hair unnecessarily

Purchased in September 2017 at Oz Hair & Beauty for $220.00.

Straightening Time 10 minutes

A bit flimsy

This hair straightner was good while it lasted. Owned it for less than a year before it broke due to it being poor quality. It developed a crack from use that had to be glued back together and now t doesn't work as well as I'd hoped. It was expensive for the overall poor quality of the product.

Purchased for $250.00.

Straightening Time 20 minutes

The best! So glad I switched to this

I'm in love!! Very quick to heat up, and I love the adjustable heat settings. My husband was also happy that it comes with a heat resistant cover to stop the benches from getting damaged. I can't believe how smooth and silky my hair feels after using it. And how quick it is for me to take my hair from frizzy to nice and straight.

Purchased in May 2019 at Adore Beauty for $279.00.

Hair Length Short
Straightening Time 5 minutes

Great while it worked

I bought my Cloud 9 Original straightener 3 years ago and never had any issues. However it has now all of a sudden stopped working. I started to hear a clicking noise in it and the next day when I turned it on, it would beep and the light would come on then it would stop.
I am pretty devastated as it worked so well but 3 years just isn't long enough for the kind of money they cost.

Purchased in May 2016 for $300.00.

Hair Length Short
Hair Style Curly

Best. Straightener. Ever.

The speed of this straightener is amazing. Not only does it heat up super quickly, but straightener hair takes two seconds. I am a hairdresser and I would use our Cloud Nine Iron 10 times a day at least, and I would not ever choose anything else!

Purchased in March 2016 for $299.00.

The best hands down

This iron is awesome. My hair always turns out so smooth even without a blow dry first. I used to hate doing my hair... now It looks professionally done every time!

Purchased in December 2018 for $230.00.

Straightening Time 15 minutes

This is the top of the line straightener!

The Cloud nine straighteners are the new best straightener!
Does not destroy or pull my hair, holds temp well, came in a lovely gift pack with heat resistant bag.
I have already brought my mum one as a gift!

Purchased in May 2017 for $270.00.

Fantastic Straightener

Bought this for my wife for Christmas, she loves it. Used to have a GHD before this which was still good, but these Cloud Nine units are even better by the sounds! Good quality product heats up fast and has an auto off if you forget to switch it off. Would recommend to others for sure!

Purchased in October 2018 for $259.95.

Hair Style Curly

Won’t go back to ghd

My hair is so dry and chemically distroyed. But the cloud nine doesn’t pull or snap my hair. I had a ghd before this and hands down cloud nine is the better of the two. Heats up quicker seem to have better heat control and hair glides through it better live love love

Purchased in June 2019 at Hairdresser .

Straightening Time 20 minutes

Total workhorse.

When my last straightener bit the bullet (ghd) after 8 years I was looking for something to replace it and had heard that Cloud 9 was a good brand to look into as GHD supposedly weren't what they used to be. Super happy with this purchase - I don't want any fancy bells and whistles on my straightener, just for it to do it's job and this is exactly that, it straightens and curls with no fuss.

Very minor gripe - I wish it made it more obvious that it was left on or had an auto-off feature as I often leave it on by accident in the mornings, but that's just me. Love that I can adjust the heat settings as I often need a higher heat to get a good curl going. Hoping this one lasts as long as my last straightener!

Purchased in October 2018 at Adore Beauty for $300.00.

6 weeks old - BURNT OUT

6 weeks old and $330 waste of money. It made a crackling noise and heated down the straightener and burnt my hand. Turned it off waited to cool and turned it back on, seconds later it crackles and a fair amount of smoke comes out of it. Old Ghd still problem free after approx 7yrs, thought I was upgrading- how wrong I was.
UPDATE* Hair care Australia happily swapped it over for a new one and were lovely to deal with. I'm still unsure if this was the best purchase...

Purchased in January 2019 at Dose the hair company for $330.00.

Straightening Time 25 minutes

Cant live without this great product

Has a great inbuilt speed setting for fast and safe use, does not fry my hair, makes it silky and softer than its ever been. my hair is usually very dry and feels brittle and like straw, this is the only hair straightener that my hair type agrees with

Purchased in October 2018 for $119.00.

Straightening Time 10 minutes

I use it everyday

I bought the cloud nine hair straightener & I love it I use it everyday & I have curly thick hair & my hair comes out straight every time makes my hair feel so smooth & silky I even use it on my 5 year old daughters hair for occasions can curl hair with it too

Awful

Bought original straighteners on 9/1/2019 direct from cloud nine paying £119.00 used this morning for 3rd time and was smoking and smelt of burning, not a happy customer, just waiting to be contacted as office is closed today.

Just good..

I have long curly fizzy hair and I find that this straighter does the job to straighten to frizz however I have found since using my hair has become more oily. Also when straighting my hair gets caught in the plates every time and causes my hair to break. I know have fly aways which I did not have before so have started straight if bits at a time to avoid getting my hair caught which takes longer

They only last the warranty period

Good until they break and seems to be always after the warranty period ends ! I’ll never waste my money again ghd lasted me 6 years .. sad they make a product that lasts 2 year ish then they want you to buy again money makers

Good

Been using this straighter past 5 years, I have only had to buy a upgraded version once when it didn’t turn on.

Love it

My hair never looks damaged after use and love that it turns off automatically. Straightens my hair quickly and it stay straight for longer.

Simply the best

Heats up super fast.
Adjustable heat setting.
Extra long cord.
Turns off after it hasn't been used for a while.

Best straightener I've owned, I take it with me everywhere I go.

Gets the job done easy and fast.

So So So So Good

I’m so in love with my cloud nine hair straightener. I’ve always owned cheap hair straighteners, too scared to spend so much money on a decent hair straightener until my recent birthday I decided to take the leap and I’m so in love. I have medium to thick consistency hair and my hair is all straightened and finished within 5 minutes and it stays straight for two days usually around the time I have to wash it again. It heats up very quickly and comes with a heat protector attachment which I thought was so handy! I wish I never waited so long to purchase one! Highly recommended, definitely worth the money.