Cloud Nine Original Iron

Cloud Nine Original Iron

See the Best Hair Straighteners in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Cloud Nine

• Hair Length Short (3), Medium (15) and Long (14)
  • Hair Style Straight (3), Wavy (22) and Curly (7)
  • Straightening Time 16 minutes
  • Hair Care

Toni Robertson
Toni RobertsonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Absolute Let Down

Truly devastated,took 10 to 12 passes to straighten if you want to call it that,it kept grabbing my hair awful noise as it was passing through my hair and it instead of leaving my hair smooth and straight it looked like I had seen a scarecrow and frizzy as. OMG so upsetting never again cloud nine not for me.

Purchased in at Cloud nine for $290.

Absolutely worth every cent!!

I bought my cloud 9 over 10 years ago and its only having issues now. In the past I went through hair straighteners every couple of years. It is still as smooth as the day I bought it and the auto shut off feature is still working. Would not choose any other brand!!

Purchased in for $250.

Jessica Thomas
Jessica ThomasSouthwest, VIC

Not as good as I thought

Switch from ghd to cloud nine love the white cordless straightener only down side is it dies to fast I’ve got line hair and I can’t get a full head done within having to use the power cord bit disappointing especially when they cost so much

• Incentivised Review No
Belinda
BelindaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Smells like burning plastic!

Bought the wide iron brand new and from the first use it has an awful burning plastic smell that is extremely unpleasant because it’s right next to your face. The smell even transfers onto your hands! I’m not sure why people like this product, the plastic feels very cheap and doesn’t glide smoothly through the hair when you’re trying to curl it. It doesn’t even make your hair feel silky, I definitely wouldn’t spend $300+ on it. I’m in the process of trying to return it and of course their online returns form doesn’t work conveniently.

BananaA
BananaAIllawarra, NSW

The best

I've had my cloud nine since switching from GHD. It works smoothly and I haven't had any issues in the past few years. My hair glides through the plates without catching and my hair stays straight and smooth for days.

Less than year old died and cloud nine rejecting warranty claim!

Had for 11 months and all of a sudden beeping and making a clicking electrical noise. Lights up only when clamping the iron, once released it turns off.
Submitted a warranty claim as it is still within the 1 year warranty period and the claim was rejected saying it is no longer covered under warranty!? Not happy. Paid too much for a unreliable product and poor accountability from company when came to warranty claim.

Purchased in for $305.

Tracey S.
Tracey S.

Won me over in the end

I had been tossing up for quite a while whether to spend the money to purchase a Cloud Nine Hair Straightener but finally decided to get one. At first I thought apart from the quick heat up, it was no different from the $80 straighter I’ve been using for the last 5 years. However, I have now been using it for about 5 months and I must say it is definitely better for my hair. My hair looks and feels smooth and silky and it doesn’t snag which is a bonus, the plates are a bit smaller than I was use to so I have to straighten smaller sections but all in all a good product.

Clara V.
Make staying at home more enjoyable with these products and tips

make-staying-at-home-more-enjoyable-with-these-products-and-tips
Christmas gift ideas for the beauty lover in your life

christmas-gift-ideas-for-the-beauty-lover-in-your-life
Mit
MitSouth East Queensland, QLD

Horrible.

I’ve bought the wide iron straightener because of my thick and volume hair. However, it’s not worthy. My hair is dry (even after applying oil), have to straight my hair 2-3 times to get the desired result and sometimes my hair gets entangle in between the iron plates.

Purchased in .

Alisha
AlishaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worth the money

I have had my Cloud 9 straightener for just over 5 years and it is as good as the day I got it. It leaves my hair feeling silky and smooth, heats up quickly, and doesn’t pull or snag my hair like other straighteners do. I will definitely stick to Cloud 9 in future.

Purchased in .

Brooke
BrookeSydney, NSW

Outstanding Customer Service

• Incentivised Review No

Fantastic customer service

I had my cloud 9 iron for 3 years before it started sparking. Slightly out of warranty by 1 month, customer service team extended my warranty to replace my iron. 2 days later I received my order I also received a case and brush as a gift. Cat Johnson was taking care of my case , she was extremely helpful and for that I will happily be a returning client .

Mikayla R.
Mikayla R.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

AMAZING. BeSt HaIR PrOdUcT iVe EvEr BoUgHt!!!!!

This product is the best hair product I have ever spent money on. 100% worth the purchase.
I recommend it to everyone.
The cloud Nine Original Hair Straightener takes seconds to heat up to max heat which does the job plus more. I have tried many hair straightening products and the Cloud Nine straightener is by far the best.
My hair has been bleached a number of times which has ruined my hair completely and it has definitely ruined my confidence as a woman :( My hair is dry, brittle, weak and frizzy, extremely disheartening.
This Cloud Nine straightener certainly makes my hair feel soft, smooth, silky and straight, and makes me feel like a confident woman after using this simple, easy and light weight product.

Purchased in for $349.95.

monno
monnoSydney, NSW

best straightener ever

Having been thorough 2 ghd straighteners in only a few years as they both would just stop working I decided to try cloud 9 and have not been disappointed! Both the ghd ones stopped working for no reason and before that would pull hair and get it caught in the plates. This one I have had for about 5 years and have not had 1 problem. Doesnt pull hair and straightens my hair so fast and perfect. Love it! Now to get the wide one for my daughters extremely thick and wavy frizzy hair.

Purchased in for $280.

Must Have! LOVE IT

Ghd had faulty chords and the plates wear out fast, I been ghd user since it come out then they sold the company and the quality of ghd wasn't the same. After using the cloud nine I'll never turn back. I have real curly hair which takes a long time to straighten my hair, I found with the cloud none it didn't take very long, use to take an hour now only takes 20mins and my hair doesn't looked dryer out and damaged after use of cloud nine would definitely recommend if you have afro or curly hair.

Purchased in at Adore Beauty for $400.

tattie11
tattie11Perth

Not as good as the OG Ghd

My old ghd carked it after about 12 years so I needed to get a new one and was tossing up between new ghd, silver bullet and cloud 9. I did some research and was advised that ghd is now owned by a new company and not as good quality as the old. Was told silverbullet is good but cloud9 is the best and is owned by the original GHD owners. Also the cloud9 was the most expensive out of the 3 i was tossing up between Unfortunately I am not really impressed with it, doesn't seem as hot even on the hottest setting and feels kind of like cheap quality. I do wish I got the silver bullet instead . Also the cloud9 warranty is only 12 months in comparison to the silver bullet 2 years and ghd up to 3 years depending on which model

Purchased in for $259.

Jess B.
Jess B.asked

Can anyone tell me how long I should keep my Cloud Nine's for? I've had them for around 4 years and used them most days for up to 20mins

Emma M.
Emma M.asked

My cloud 9 get so hot on the outside at the top at the back of the plates I’d say there as hot as the plate. They burn you on touch. Has anyone heard about this before? I’m going to ask for a replacement. I’m a hairdresser and have used many sets of straighteners but none so dangerous as these.

Michelle Burke
Michelle Burkeasked

Hi, I have just received my brand new cloud nine wide straightening iron in the post, However when I tried to use them I could not get the cloud nine straightener to power on.I have followed the instructions with on avail. Please advise.

See all Cloud Nine Original Iron questions

Get an answer from our members and Cloud Nine representatives

The Cloud Nine Original Iron’s $340 price point leads to high expectations. But do its offerings of mineral-infused heating plates, adjustable temperature settings and efficient straightening make it worthwhile?

For over half of reviewers who awarded the Cloud Nine either 4 or 5 stars, the premium price of this hair straightener made it worth it, as it offered top performance and kept on going issue-free for a number of years.

Features:

• Variable temperature settings ranging from 100-200 degrees help prevent hair damage
  • Ceramic heating plates are infused with the mineral Sericite, which Cloud Nine claims ‘seals the hair’s cuticle and locks in moisture for shinier hair’
  • Suitable for hair with a thin to medium thickness (there’s a different wide iron that works on thick, wavy hair)
  • Heats up within 20 seconds

What reviewers liked about the Cloud Nine Original Iron:

• The variable speed settings, as they offered control over the amount of heat applied to hair
  • It didn’t damage hair and instead left it looking silky and feeling soft
  • While this is an expensive choice of hair straightener at $340, users appreciated the longevity of the Cloud Nine Original Iron, with multiple reviewers owning their model for 5+ years and stating that its performance was on par with their old ghd - if not better

What reviewers didn’t like about this hair straightener:

• A number of reviewers dated 1-3 years ago experienced issues with some of these straighteners, including the unit releasing smoke, make buzzing/ crackling and beeping sounds, and overheating. There may well have been a dodgy batch of these straighteners produced. However there have been no similar reports within the last year, so hopefully the company has rectified the problem-causing models.
CategoryHair Straighteners