Cloud Nine Original Iron

Cloud Nine Original Iron

See the Best Hair Straighteners in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Cloud Nine? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Hair Length Short (3), Medium (13) and Long (11)
  • Hair Style Straight (2), Wavy (18) and Curly (7)
  • Straightening Time 15.348 minutes
  • Hair Care

Less than year old died and cloud nine rejecting warranty claim!

Had for 11 months and all of a sudden beeping and making a clicking electrical noise. Lights up only when clamping the iron, once released it turns off.
Submitted a warranty claim as it is still within the 1 year warranty period and the claim was rejected saying it is no longer covered under warranty!? Not happy. Paid too much for a unreliable product and poor accountability from company when came to warranty claim.

Purchased in June 2020 for $305.00.

Mit
MitSouth East Queensland, QLD

Horrible.

I’ve bought the wide iron straightener because of my thick and volume hair. However, it’s not worthy. My hair is dry (even after applying oil), have to straight my hair 2-3 times to get the desired result and sometimes my hair gets entangle in between the iron plates.

Purchased in March 2021.

Alisha
AlishaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worth the money

I have had my Cloud 9 straightener for just over 5 years and it is as good as the day I got it. It leaves my hair feeling silky and smooth, heats up quickly, and doesn’t pull or snag my hair like other straighteners do. I will definitely stick to Cloud 9 in future.

Purchased in October 2015.

Brooke
BrookeSydney, NSW

Outstanding Customer Service

Fantastic customer service

I had my cloud 9 iron for 3 years before it started sparking. Slightly out of warranty by 1 month, customer service team extended my warranty to replace my iron. 2 days later I received my order I also received a case and brush as a gift. Cat Johnson was taking care of my case , she was extremely helpful and for that I will happily be a returning client .

Purchased in November 2017 for $320.00.

Mikayla R.
Mikayla R.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

AMAZING. BeSt HaIR PrOdUcT iVe EvEr BoUgHt!!!!!

This product is the best hair product I have ever spent money on. 100% worth the purchase.
I recommend it to everyone.
The cloud Nine Original Hair Straightener takes seconds to heat up to max heat which does the job plus more. I have tried many hair straightening products and the Cloud Nine straightener is by far the best.
My hair has been bleached a number of times which has ruined my hair completely and it has definitely ruined my confidence as a woman :( My hair is dry, brittle, weak and frizzy, extremely disheartening.
This Cloud Nine straightener certainly makes my hair feel soft, smooth, silky and straight, and makes me feel like a confident woman after using this simple, easy and light weight product.

Purchased in June 2019 for $349.95.

monno
monnoSydney, NSW

best straightener ever

Having been thorough 2 ghd straighteners in only a few years as they both would just stop working I decided to try cloud 9 and have not been disappointed! Both the ghd ones stopped working for no reason and before that would pull hair and get it caught in the plates. This one I have had for about 5 years and have not had 1 problem. Doesnt pull hair and straightens my hair so fast and perfect. Love it! Now to get the wide one for my daughters extremely thick and wavy frizzy hair.

Purchased in August 2015 for $280.00.

Must Have! LOVE IT

Ghd had faulty chords and the plates wear out fast, I been ghd user since it come out then they sold the company and the quality of ghd wasn't the same. After using the cloud nine I'll never turn back. I have real curly hair which takes a long time to straighten my hair, I found with the cloud none it didn't take very long, use to take an hour now only takes 20mins and my hair doesn't looked dryer out and damaged after use of cloud nine would definitely recommend if you have afro or curly hair.

Purchased in July 2020 at Adore Beauty for $400.00.

tattie11
tattie11Perth

Not as good as the OG Ghd

My old ghd carked it after about 12 years so I needed to get a new one and was tossing up between new ghd, silver bullet and cloud 9. I did some research and was advised that ghd is now owned by a new company and not as good quality as the old. Was told silverbullet is good but cloud9 is the best and is owned by the original GHD owners. Also the cloud9 was the most expensive out of the 3 i was tossing up between Unfortunately I am not really impressed with it, doesn't seem as hot even on the hottest setting and feels kind of like cheap quality. I do wish I got the silver bullet instead . Also the cloud9 warranty is only 12 months in comparison to the silver bullet 2 years and ghd up to 3 years depending on which model

Purchased in June 2020 for $259.00.

Mirna
MirnaSydney, NSW

Perfection!

Absolutely in love with this straightener! It heats up quickly and makes straightening my hair so easy. I find that my hair is softer when I use this straightener as opposed to some of the other ones that I own.

It's also really easy to curl your hair with. The plates are really high quality and gentle on your hair. Had this for a few years now and it's still as good as when I got it. Great value and it is definitely worth the price. Everyone that I've recommended this to loves it as much as I do.

Purchased in January 2017 at eBay for $142.00.

Marnee
MarneeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Absolute Dream

10/10 would recommend. I'm useless at curling my hair with a straightener, but the cloud 9 is a dream with the tilting plates. Easy temp setting. Good size. I've had it for nearly a year and love it more everytime I use it. Will never go back.

Purchased in May 2019 at Hairhouse Warehouse Online store for $330.00.

Monica6753
Monica6753Pilbara, WA

It's great

I love how high or low I can set the heat, and it straighten very well better than my ghd, and it's faster too, I always use heat protectant spray on my hair before I use it, and it heats up fast

Purchased at eBay for $334.00.

Ellie Z.
Ellie Z.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

The best

- takes 5 minutes to straighten my hair. So perfect and it heats up so quickly!
- so easy to use, simply just section your hair and straighten the hair and it straightens in no time.

Purchased in March 2020 at Nine West for $280.00.

Mauzy
MauzySydney, NSW

Poor Quality

Purchased in June 2017 at Adore Beauty for $279.00.

Ashleigh Broxton
Ashleigh BroxtonPerth, WA

Amazing!

I received the cloud 9 hair straightener for Christmas 2018 after being a GHD user for years and I’ll never go back. My hair always feel so smooth after use and it’s so quick and easy to use!

Read more reviews - page 2

Brigitte van rhyn
Brigitte van rhynasked

My cloud nine is overheating? What could the problem???

Shonz
Shonzasked

No response from Cloud 9 Customer service, except receipt of my enquiry, as below:
Subject: Not getting a good result
Hello! I purchased your wide iron through ry.com.au, after glowing recommendations from two hair dressers and reading reviews online. I have wavy red hair that is quite thick, which I condition well and use a heat protector, I normally blow dry my hair straight with a round pig bristle brush (and Parlux dryer) and then smooth/lightly straighten with a hair straighter for a soft/glossy finish, sometimes when I want a completely straight look I take more time to do so. I have been using a Vidal Sasoon straightener with ceramic plates on 180 degrees for a long time. I was excited to receive your straightener but I am having trouble achieving the result I want/had previously with my old straightner and need advice. I have not changed anything with my product routine but I am finding the new wide iron is making my hair appear stiff and dull rather than smoothed/straightened on 150 degrees, any higher a setting I find my hair smells a little 'toasty' - that slightly too hot smell. The iron heats up very quickly and glides through my hair beautifully and I love that it is so light to handle. I am wondering if there is something wrong with the iron or if I am doing something incorrect or if I should have perhaps bought the normal width iron for my hair? My first ever iron was a wide model and I had no problems with results. I have gone back to my old straightening iron until I can figure out what the problem is. I look forward to your response

Gemma
Gemmaasked

Where can I get my cloud 9 hair straightener fixed? An alarm is going off and I think I saw sparks going off inside it

See all Cloud Nine Original Iron questions

The Cloud Nine Original Iron’s $340 price point leads to high expectations. But do its offerings of mineral-infused heating plates, adjustable temperature settings and efficient straightening make it worthwhile?

For over half of reviewers who awarded the Cloud Nine either 4 or 5 stars, the premium price of this hair straightener made it worth it, as it offered top performance and kept on going issue-free for a number of years.

Features:

• Variable temperature settings ranging from 100-200 degrees help prevent hair damage
  • Ceramic heating plates are infused with the mineral Sericite, which Cloud Nine claims ‘seals the hair’s cuticle and locks in moisture for shinier hair’
  • Suitable for hair with a thin to medium thickness (there’s a different wide iron that works on thick, wavy hair)
  • Heats up within 20 seconds

What reviewers liked about the Cloud Nine Original Iron:

• The variable speed settings, as they offered control over the amount of heat applied to hair
  • It didn’t damage hair and instead left it looking silky and feeling soft
  • While this is an expensive choice of hair straightener at $340, users appreciated the longevity of the Cloud Nine Original Iron, with multiple reviewers owning their model for 5+ years and stating that its performance was on par with their old ghd - if not better

What reviewers didn’t like about this hair straightener:

• A number of reviewers dated 1-3 years ago experienced issues with some of these straighteners, including the unit releasing smoke, make buzzing/ crackling and beeping sounds, and overheating. There may well have been a dodgy batch of these straighteners produced. However there have been no similar reports within the last year, so hopefully the company has rectified the problem-causing models.
CategoryHair Straighteners