Cloud Nine Original Iron

Cloud Nine Original Iron

3.5

• Hair Length Medium (11) · Long (9) · Short (2)
  • Hair Style Wavy (16) · Curly (5) · Straight (1)
  • Straightening Time 15.75 minutes (20)
  • Hair Care
monno

monnoSydney, NSW

best straightener ever

Having been thorough 2 ghd straighteners in only a few years as they both would just stop working I decided to try cloud 9 and have not been disappointed! Both the ghd ones stopped working for no reason and before that would pull hair and get it caught in the plates. This one I have had for about 5 years and have not had 1 problem. Doesnt pull hair and straightens my hair so fast and perfect. Love it! Now to get the wide one for my daughters extremely thick and wavy frizzy hair.

Purchased in August 2015 for A$280.00.

Straightening Time 25 minutes

Must Have! LOVE IT

Ghd had faulty chords and the plates wear out fast, I been ghd user since it come out then they sold the company and the quality of ghd wasn't the same. After using the cloud nine I'll never turn back. I have real curly hair which takes a long time to straighten my hair, I found with the cloud none it didn't take very long, use to take an hour now only takes 20mins and my hair doesn't looked dryer out and damaged after use of cloud nine would definitely recommend if you have afro or curly hair.

Purchased in July 2020 at Adore Beauty for A$400.00.

tattie11

tattie11Perth

Not as good as the OG Ghd

My old ghd carked it after about 12 years so I needed to get a new one and was tossing up between new ghd, silver bullet and cloud 9. I did some research and was advised that ghd is now owned by a new company and not as good quality as the old. Was told silverbullet is good but cloud9 is the best and is owned by the original GHD owners. Also the cloud9 was the most expensive out of the 3 i was tossing up between Unfortunately I am not really impressed with it, doesn't seem as hot even on the hottest setting and feels kind of like cheap quality. I do wish I got the silver bullet instead . Also the cloud9 warranty is only 12 months in comparison to the silver bullet 2 years and ghd up to 3 years depending on which model

Purchased in June 2020 for A$259.00.

Hair Style Straight
Straightening Time 10 minutes

mirna

mirnaSydney, NSW

Perfection!

Absolutely in love with this straightener! It heats up quickly and makes straightening my hair so easy. I find that my hair is softer when I use this straightener as opposed to some of the other ones that I own.

It's also really easy to curl your hair with. The plates are really high quality and gentle on your hair. Had this for a few years now and it's still as good as when I got it. Great value and it is definitely worth the price. Everyone that I've recommended this to loves it as much as I do.

Purchased in January 2017 at eBay for A$142.00.

Straightening Time 45 minutes
Marnee

MarneeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Absolute Dream

10/10 would recommend. I'm useless at curling my hair with a straightener, but the cloud 9 is a dream with the tilting plates. Easy temp setting. Good size. I've had it for nearly a year and love it more everytime I use it. Will never go back.

Purchased in May 2019 at Hairhouse Warehouse Online store for A$330.00.

Monica6753

Monica6753Pilbara, WA

It's great

I love how high or low I can set the heat, and it straighten very well better than my ghd, and it's faster too, I always use heat protectant spray on my hair before I use it, and it heats up fast

Purchased at eBay for A$334.00.

Ellie Z.

Ellie Z.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

The best

- takes 5 minutes to straighten my hair. So perfect and it heats up so quickly!
- so easy to use, simply just section your hair and straighten the hair and it straightens in no time.

Purchased in March 2020 at Nine West for A$280.00.

Mauzy

MauzySydney, NSW

Poor Quality

Purchased in June 2017 at Adore Beauty for A$279.00.

Ashleigh Broxton

Ashleigh BroxtonPerth, WA

Amazing!

I received the cloud 9 hair straightener for Christmas 2018 after being a GHD user for years and I’ll never go back. My hair always feel so smooth after use and it’s so quick and easy to use!

Jasmine

JasmineMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Best Purchase 8 years still using!

My mum purchased these for me for my 21st birthday as a present, i am now 29 and i am still using these same hair straighteners, i was previously using ghd's but i find there so faulty at the chord that connects to the straighter i gave up on this brand, i am so glad i did the switch. will always recommend this brand to anyone who is looking for a long term reliable straighter that does the same as a ghd !

Purchased in November 2012 for A$360.00.

Sam L

Sam LGold Coast

Perfect

Very fast to come up to operating temperature, easy to use and helps create a fantastic finish to the hair in one pass. Very very happy with this straightening iron.

AShlea

AShlea

Love the multi temp settings

So easy to use, lithe straightener heats in I ly a few seconds and I can adjust the temp mid way through use. Leaves my head feeling soft and smooth :)

Purchased in April 2018.

Sophie

SophiePerth, WA

The perfect straightener

Love this device! Use it for any hairstyle and I know I can get my hair looking amazing within minutes. I love the feature of choosing the heat so you won’t heat damage hair unnecessarily

Purchased in September 2017 at Oz Hair & Beauty for A$220.00.

Straightening Time 10 minutes
JSS

JSS

A bit flimsy

This hair straightner was good while it lasted. Owned it for less than a year before it broke due to it being poor quality. It developed a crack from use that had to be glued back together and now t doesn't work as well as I'd hoped. It was expensive for the overall poor quality of the product.

Purchased for A$250.00.

Jessica

JessicaPeel, WA

The best! So glad I switched to this

I'm in love!! Very quick to heat up, and I love the adjustable heat settings. My husband was also happy that it comes with a heat resistant cover to stop the benches from getting damaged. I can't believe how smooth and silky my hair feels after using it. And how quick it is for me to take my hair from frizzy to nice and straight.

Purchased in May 2019 at Adore Beauty for A$279.00.

Hair Length Short

Kelly J.

Kelly J.South East Queensland, QLD

Great while it worked

I bought my Cloud 9 Original straightener 3 years ago and never had any issues. However it has now all of a sudden stopped working. I started to hear a clicking noise in it and the next day when I turned it on, it would beep and the light would come on then it would stop.
I am pretty devastated as it worked so well but 3 years just isn't long enough for the kind of money they cost.

Purchased in May 2016 for A$300.00.

Hair Length Short
Joe

JoeCentral West, NSW

Best. Straightener. Ever.

The speed of this straightener is amazing. Not only does it heat up super quickly, but straightener hair takes two seconds. I am a hairdresser and I would use our Cloud Nine Iron 10 times a day at least, and I would not ever choose anything else!

Purchased in March 2016 for A$299.00.

Tamara N.

Tamara N.South East Queensland, QLD

The best hands down

This iron is awesome. My hair always turns out so smooth even without a blow dry first. I used to hate doing my hair... now It looks professionally done every time!

Purchased in December 2018 for A$230.00.

Ricky V.

Ricky V.South East Queensland, QLD

This is the top of the line straightener!

The Cloud nine straighteners are the new best straightener!
Does not destroy or pull my hair, holds temp well, came in a lovely gift pack with heat resistant bag.
I have already brought my mum one as a gift!

Purchased in May 2017 for A$270.00.

JADS88

JADS88South Australia

Fantastic Straightener

Bought this for my wife for Christmas, she loves it. Used to have a GHD before this which was still good, but these Cloud Nine units are even better by the sounds! Good quality product heats up fast and has an auto off if you forget to switch it off. Would recommend to others for sure!

Purchased in October 2018 for A$259.95.

Shonz

Shonzasked

No response from Cloud 9 Customer service, except receipt of my enquiry, as below:
Subject: Not getting a good result
Hello! I purchased your wide iron through ry.com.au, after glowing recommendations from two hair dressers and reading reviews online. I have wavy red hair that is quite thick, which I condition well and use a heat protector, I normally blow dry my hair straight with a round pig bristle brush (and Parlux dryer) and then smooth/lightly straighten with a hair straighter for a soft/glossy finish, sometimes when I want a completely straight look I take more time to do so. I have been using a Vidal Sasoon straightener with ceramic plates on 180 degrees for a long time. I was excited to receive your straightener but I am having trouble achieving the result I want/had previously with my old straightner and need advice. I have not changed anything with my product routine but I am finding the new wide iron is making my hair appear stiff and dull rather than smoothed/straightened on 150 degrees, any higher a setting I find my hair smells a little 'toasty' - that slightly too hot smell. The iron heats up very quickly and glides through my hair beautifully and I love that it is so light to handle. I am wondering if there is something wrong with the iron or if I am doing something incorrect or if I should have perhaps bought the normal width iron for my hair? My first ever iron was a wide model and I had no problems with results. I have gone back to my old straightening iron until I can figure out what the problem is. I look forward to your response

Gemma

Gemmaasked

Where can I get my cloud 9 hair straightener fixed? An alarm is going off and I think I saw sparks going off inside it

Nina L.

Nina L.asked

Whats the average lifespan of the C9m My ghd lasted me 8 years. looking for a replacement