Cluey Learning Questions & Answers

Listing monitored by Cluey Learning

2 questions from our users

Amazing
Amazingasked

I need help with teaching and the curriculum, which as a mother I am finding it extremely difficult to understand. We are educated parents but have no clue how acara works. Can someone help me with my queries? I would like to first lay a strong foundation and know the curriculum well before my daughter proceed with the learning part. Can you please please advise me?

San

Duncan J.Cluey Learning

Hi San,

The curriculum is definitely a lot of work to understand. While the Australian Curriculum is applicable across the country for students in Years F–10, with subtle variations in each state and territory, the state and territory curricula for Years 11 and 12 are quite different.

I can see you're in Sydney - you can learn more about the NSW version of the curriculum here: https://educationstandards.nsw.edu.au/wps/portal/nesa/k-10/understanding-the-curriculum/curriculum-syllabuses-NSW

There is also a helpful guide for parents from ACARA here: https://www.australiancurriculum.edu.au/media/6517/the_australian_curriculum_an_overview_for_parents.pdf

Thanks,
Cluey

Fiona
Fionaasked

My daughter has missed a lot of school for health reasons & it has very noticeably left many gaps in her learning. As much as the teachers try to help & send work home, her confidence is at an all time low. She is in her last year of school & is struggling with Maths & English. Two core subjects. Is it too much to expect a tutor to be able to "pick up the pieces" sufficiently so she passes this most important year?

Duncan J.Cluey Learning

Hi Fiona,

No it's not too much to expect a tutor to pick up the pieces and help her improve confidence in both subjects.

We would recommend private, 1-to-1 sessions where she can work through concepts at her own speed. This will allow her to move ahead at the areas she's excelling at whilst giving any parts she is struggling with the focus + attention that is required. Our tutors are patient, friendly and can adapt and personalise how they teach based on the student.

We would love to discuss how we can help so please give one of our Learning Advisors a quick call on 1300 182 000 and we'll let you know pricing + answer any other questions you have.

Thanks,