1,181

Maria

MariaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Claim in progress

Lodged a claim with coles on Sunday night. Been ringing continuously since Monday to see the status of my claim to find its under investigation as Ive switched from another insurer. I asking ked why to be told that theres no fraud involved. Are you serious? Im not a criminal dont like being treated like a criminal. All I want are answers as to whether my claim is approved or not and if Im able to get a hire car. Im a shift worker currently and n night shift. Need to be able to get to and from work. Not impressed with coles. Will never recommend them.

Car ModelNissan Navara D22
Claim DateDecember 2019

Treated like a criminal over a hail damage claim

Absolutely disgusting do not go near this mob. My hail damage claim and my 1 at fault claim is still under investigation after 4 months. I have the actual proof of the video footage when it all occurred.
It is my first claim after 12 years and what makes it worse is after my claim they have upped my yearly insurance premium for an extra $500 a year while they still have my car locked up in a holding yard!

Claim DateJuly 2019
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Mick, thanks for taking the time to share your review. We're sorry to hear of your poor experience with your claim. To follow up on this, we recommend calling our Claims Team on 1300 265 374, as they'd be best placed to assist.

Jimmy

JimmyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

They cancelled my insurance when I called them to correct my name. Consultant very indifferent.

I have been with this company for a long time. Recently I bought a new car, they got name spelled wrongly I asked them to correct it, they cancelled my insurance. The experience of dealing with the claim team very indifferent. No urgency.

Car ModelNissan Qashqai J11 Ti
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Jimmy, we appreciate your review. We're sorry to hear of your poor experience with making changes to your account. We'd like to follow up for you, could you please send us a private message with your full name and best contact number?

Fraud Insurance

Don't go with any IAG group of Insurance, they are looting money and never listen their customers, pathetic experiences. Denied a claim with silly reasons after 4 years of continuous payment.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Siby, thanks for your feedback in relation to our Insurance. We're disappointed to hear you feel this way and we'll ensure to share your comments on to our Insurance Team so they're made aware.

Siby M.
Siby M.

I will publish all the details through public media soon

Almost ripped me off $1000.00. Team can't find payments on their own bank statement or record them properly.

Plan covers drivers under 25Yes
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Jess, thanks for getting in touch. We're sorry to hear of your poor experience. Are you able to send us a direct message with your policy number so we can raise this with our Customer Care team?

Jess W.
Jess W.

Hi Guys, I have received a phone call and have now done this.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Thanks for that, Jess. We're happy to hear you've been contacted by our Customer Care team. Please feel free to direct message us at any time should you have any further queries or concerns.

Fabulous customer service

Fantastic value for our policy
Great customer service by representative
Easy to contact even though I called on a weekend
English speaking representative so no communication problems
Could not rate the customer service representative highly enough

Car ModelHonda CR-V
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Rhonda, thanks for the feedback! We're thrilled that you're happy with the customer service received from our teams and we'll be sure to share your comments on to the relevant teams so they're made aware.

Rhonda Z.
Rhonda Z.

No problem

super slow to review claim

On Monday I called to check on claim. Was assured flagged as urgent
On Tuesday called again. Nothing.
On Wednesday, car dropped off. Called again. Was assured its urgent
On Thursday called again. Was told I would get a call by cob. Nothing
On Friday still havent heard anything.

My car has been sitting idle at the repairer whilst they ignore their customers. Atrocious.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Thank you for sharing this feedback with us and we're sorry to hear about this poor experience. If you'd like to have a member from our Customer Support Team contact you, can you please PM us with your claim number and best contact details?

Not happy Jan

Not happy JanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Dont waste your time or money

Very poor customer service. Cant claim online, only able to make a claim over the phone Monday-Friday during business hrs. When calling out of theses hrs you are out through to a call centre in Sth Africa whos response is we will get someone to call you back within the next 47hrs.

Car ModelFord Territory
Claim DateOctober 2019
Brendan Muller

Brendan MullerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Do I have to give Coles Car Insurance even one star?

I am making a small claim for a single vehicle accident. Under $2000. The first repairer we were sent to by Coles Car Insurance had closed down. They would not accept the quote from the second repairer they sent us to (after we had to chase them up, having not heard from them for an unacceptably long time) and now Coles Car Insurance will not accept the quote from the third repairer they sent us to. We've just been given the details for the fourth (yes, you read that correctly) repairer. Wish me luck and please guess what is top of my to-do list once I do manage to sort this all out. Have nothing to do with them. There's something seriously wrong about the way they do stuff. Hopeless.

Car ModelHonda Jazz
Claim DateAugust 2019
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Brendan, thanks for getting in touch. Could you please PM us your contact details and claim number so we're able to have our Claims Team follow this up?

nicole

nicole

dirty trick & disgusting

4 in 5 staff told me I can only have the hire car for 14 days, until I sent them the original terms and condition says i can have the hire car until the car repair is done.

the ceo, the management are playing dirty trick, which is discussing, will shop with woollies from now on.
the repairer they nominate is rubbish, not even have the quotation ready after having the car in their yard more than one week, miss two main areas did not repair, have to talk to the accessor. so far, the case been delayed for three weeks now, not sure how long it will take in total. hire car charging hire car fee from my account without any notification.

Car ModelToyora Camry ASV50R / AVV50R Altise
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateSeptember 2019
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Nicole, thanks for getting in touch and we're sorry to hear of your frustrating experience. Could you please send us a PM with your claim details and contact details so we're able to have the relevant teams follow this up?

siby

sibySouth East Queensland, QLD

World No 1 Worst insurance company

I am member of Coles insurance since 4 years. Last month made an accident that was first in my lifetime, I contacted coles for my claim. Now almost one month, they never replied on time. They need 24 to 48 hours for our questions to answer. Even though they will not call you back on this time,and they try to avoid you in many ways ( this case is with other team etc..) and never able to contact them directly.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi there, thanks for your review. We're sorry to hear of your frustrating experience. Could we please ask that you call our Claims Team on 1300 265 374, as they'd be best placed to look into this.

Justin Z.South East Queensland, QLD

Absolute rubbish

Appalling customer service. 3 days waiting for funds to hit my account even though I told them how desperate we are for we lost a written off car 2 weeks ago. No one cares, no one phones. Never again will I use Coles.

Car ModelProton Persona
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateOctober 2019
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Justin, we're sorry to hear of your poor experience. Please be assured that we've passed on your feedback to the relevant teams for review and consideration.

Justin Z.

And I am still waiting for funds to hit the account! This simply is poor!

Justin Z.

You would think after the phone calls & emails Coles Insurance would be doing their utmost to have the problem resolved but still not. If its not in the account tomorrow Ill be seeking advice.

Annoyed

Annoyed

Disgraceful

House and contents with Coles for almost 10 years.Never ever late with payments or never had claims and then receive a letter to say they can no longer insure us.Coffs Harbour has been classed as a flood area and all of a sudden we are to high risk.We have never flooded and will never flood but not even a option to remove flood cover.So Coles will not insure people living in Coffs but were happy to do it for past 10 years.Coles are not cheap with their insurance and we will also look else where for our car insurances.This is disgusting behaviour from Coles and the person i spoke to could only say we have new Underwriters.I hope you lose a lot of customers.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi there, we're sorry to hear of your disappointment. Please be assured that we'll share your feedback with our Insurance Team for consideration.

Bandula

Bandula

Happy with Coles Car Insurance

I was accident free for 6 years until a guy came behind me and knocked off rear hatch and the bumper, as he was too hasty to drive on Green light. I immediate stopped the car and anyway he was kind enough to accept that it was his fault. He gave me his driving license to note down license number name and address. i spoke to Coles , they got the history and the other drivers details. They sent details of the place where we can do the repair next day itself. The repair place had to import door (Mitsubishi Outlander 2014) it took about a month. Panel repair was done almost back to same level as it was before. Did not have to pay excess. I am happy with Coles support. Planning to activate higher car and road side assistant.

Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateMay 2019
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hey Bandula, thanks for getting in touch. We appreciate the kind words, we'll ensure your feedback is shared with the relevant teams!

LeonGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not a very happy customer

Been with this company for almost 5 years.Missed the last payment but got claims rep to connect to personnel and made payment only to be told by Rep. that claim is still pending 4 days later.
Repair would be pending based on conformation of policy update.Very frustrating.

Car ModelNissan X-Trail T30
Claim DateSeptember 2019
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Leon, thanks for your review. We're sorry to hear about the delay and should you require any further assistance, please call our customer care team on 1300 265 374.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

We're sorry for the frustrating experience, Leon. We recommend getting in touch with our Customer Care Team on 1300 265 374 so they can look into this for you.

Dolly

DollySouth East Queensland, QLD

Coles "Market Value" is about half what it is actually worth.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Dolly, thanks for reaching out to us. We're sorry to hear of your poor experience with our service and we'll be sure to share your feedback with our team.

Ron Richards

Ron RichardsPerth, WA

Short sighted

They charged $83 on a $470 policy with 2 months left to change address !! Moved from Camp hill Qld to the Lawley Wa both up market suburbs. They missed out on insurance for my new house also my second car and caravan !!
Guess I’ll be missing out on bonus flyby points in 2 months !!!!

Car ModelMazda BT-50
Coles I.Coles Insurance

They’ll do anything to delay giving you a payout for your written off vehicle

Plan covers drivers under 25Yes
Car ModelMazda 2 DJ Neo Automatic
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateJuly 2019
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Thanks for taking the time to share your review. We're disappointed to hear about the delay with your claim. We'll ensure your feedback is passed on to our Claims Team so they're aware.

Andrew T

Andrew THunter Region, NSW

Good value if you haven't had a claim before

Handle the claim nicely and the road assistance service is very useful. Overall is good value for the service it provided. The setback is my insurance is double after I lodge a claim.

Car ModelMazda CX-5
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateJune 2017
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Andrew, thanks for your review. :)

Niran

Niran

Expensive quotes with higher excess fees

I had a coles insurance for more than 5 years and but wanted to lower the excess fees. I have been re-quoted but the premium was very high. only positive is you will get bonus Flybys points when you pay your premium. I have changed to a different provider with a better deal.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Niran, thanks for your feedback. We'll ensure your feedback is shared with the relevant teams for their review.

Robasked

I currently have 3 cars insured through Coles insurance, today I tried insuring my new LDV T60 and instead of a price I get a screen stating that Coles cannot offer me insurance due to my circumstances. What is going on ?

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Rob, thanks for getting in touch. We're sorry to hear of your experience. We recommend calling our Customer Care Team on 1300 265 374, as they'll be best placed to assist you with this.

Rob

Spoke to customer care, My new car is one they don't insure, So the fact it is brand new, has a 5 star uncap rating means nothing to Coles. So I will be insuring this car elsewhere and moving my 3 other cars and 2 property insurances as well. Very poor of Coles to not care about loyalty to their customers.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

We're sorry to hear of your disappointment, Rob. Please be assured that we'll share you feedback with the relevant teams.

iron l.

iron l.asked

I request for access fee refunds and I got refund form from coles insurance but 3month after they still haven't refund yet.
Is it possible?? I asked 4times but nothing response. Just got auto response about 3 to 5 business day.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi, thanks for getting in touch. We'd recommend that you contact our Customer Support Team on 1300 265 374 as they'll be best suited to assist you further.

Margaret F.

Margaret F.asked

Could someone in car claims. Communicate. Put in a claim on 25th august. Someone phone to say my car was written off about 6 days later. And to submit the details of bank. Now we are having issues again. Saying i have to wait for an emailbefore i can hand the plates in. I was in the right. But there also hanging on to the excess as well. I live out of town and theres no transport. How long does it take to pay me out.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Margaret, thanks for getting in touch. We're sorry to hear of your frustrating experience and we'd like the opportunity to look into this for you. Can you please private message us your contact details, as well as your claim number and we'll have someone contact you?

Get an answer from our members and Coles Insurance representatives