How to compare car insurance to find the best policy for you

Read now

• 1-2 weeks (7)
    • 2-4 weeks (9)
    • 1-2 months (21)
    • 3+ months (35)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (51) · No (33)
Bev

BevGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent Service with friendly and extremely helpful staff.

Whilst I was not making a claim but updating several policies, the staff member could not have been more helpful and made what could have been a difficult process so easy. Everything was resolved within the one phone call in a timely manner.

Grant A.Hunter Region, NSW

Not worth the paper the policy is written on.

Have multiple properties and cars insured with Coles. I tried to claim an at fault accident and was denied. Their reason was that my Ute wasn’t being used as intended (carrying a covered load as per NSW road rules). Not worth the few $ saved.

Grant A.

I’ve spoken to your “specialist” team and they’re about as handy as a plastic frying pan.

MelissaSydney, NSW

DO NOT DO IT - Save yourself the stress from this horrendous company!

Melissa

Never again will I put myself through the stress of being ‘insured’ by your company. You’re another big corporation that only has your own interests in mind, NOT the consumer!

Matija

MatijaSydney, NSW

Absolute Nightmare

Great price, low service

I choose them cause of the competitive prices, I've been with them a few years I find their service is lacking, they aren't very easy to understand on the phone. Hard to converse with. After getting off the phone I don't feel very secure in my insurance.

Mick S.

Mick S.South East Queensland, QLD

Absolutely horrible.

Coles insurance is the worst insurance I have ever had, they do nothing to help you, in fact they go out of their way to make it harder for you.
I made a not at fault claim 3 months ago, still waiting, every time I call them I wait on the phone 30 - 40 then told will call you back it never happens. Be very careful avoid using this company.

mario 1968Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Unprofessional conduct , no accountability

Had car assessed booked in for repair , for minor not at fault claim
4 days to complete
Car was allocated to another repairer,
On the fourth day car is still parked on side street not touched
Told a bunch of lies , not happy
The assessor does very little to keep the customer informed, and seems to working for the repairer
Inconvenienced and unprofessional

mario 1968

Great to be so concerned , loosing my car for 1 1/2 weeks for a minor not at fault claim is very poor , compensation is what is required not your apologies.

TDE

TDESydney, NSW

Dodgy

Sent a request through the app to cancel my policy. After 2 days still no call to complete the cancellation. Took the premium out of my account so I called to dispute and cancel, was told they wont refund the premium they took out but happy to cancel the policy. They also had the nerve to ask me to consider them once my new policy ends....why rob me and then suggest considering doing business again!?!
Paid $151 for 3 days insurance.

Seriously there are many cheaper options to consider, avoid Coles insurance!!

paula

paulaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible company! Do not use!

Charged an extra $800 due to new location which they deem high risk !! Charged $1600 a year!! Cannot revere or stop the policy for the exta charge- call center is in st africa !!! Worst company ever!

sam

samGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Low agreed value option

Tried to do full cover but the agreed value for my car was only $9000 and my car in the marked is worth around $21000. Was so disappointed when I heard that.

Shaneo

ShaneoSouthwest, VIC

Terrible experience with customer care team- I would avoid them. And way too expensive

Had a very poor experience with Coles car insurance, their call centre is very poorly managed and hard to deal with, and offer no real support.
I called up to discuss an address change and everything was so hard.
They more than double my premium, and didn’t offer any sort of loyalty discount. Or solution to my problem. And basically didn’t care at all.
Absolutely no loyalty for current customers.

Michael Duggan

Michael DugganGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Overpriced

I found them to be very expensive compared to other better priced offers from well known car insurance companies. The attitude was also very complacent as it seemed to be a very much "take it or leave it."

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Michael, thanks for sharing your review. We're sorry to hear you were disappointed with the price of our products and we'll ensure to pass along your feedback through to our teams so they're made aware and to review. Thanks again. :)

Ben Ash

Ben AshHunter Region, NSW

Good online and phone service - great prices!

I have several insurance policies through Coles and have always found the cover and price very competitive. The one time I made a small claim (on my home insurance) it was paid out though took some time. My comprehensive cover includes and under 25 driver (albeit perfect driving record) and it's competitively priced.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Ben, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We're delighted to hear about your experience with our products and services and we'll ensure to share your comments with our teams so they're made aware. Thanks again!

Coles don't want to sell the insurance service for no reason?

I have being used Coles third party car insurance for many years on one of my car. I have never made claim on that. Now I want to buy this for an other car but Coles doesn't want to sell me that. I have no idea why they deny me. If I choose to online renew my first car (currently with Coles third party car insurance) it deny me as well, but they will renew it on the phone. That's absolutely weird and make me feel bad

HKL
HKL

The website shows "Unfortunately, we are unable to offer you Coles Car Insurance as your particular situation falls outside our rules for providing insurance."

Sheryl. T

Sheryl. TGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Have been most courteous and prompt insurance i have dealt with.

I have unfortunately had to make a claim after an at fault accident. I struggled a little with the online claim process so called and was helped by a wonderful lady. I went to the preferred repairer which happens to be the one i had to take my vehicle to when i was with RACV and had a claim where i wasnt at fault. Lovely repairer. I had further questions and called online, spoke to jamie and he made me feel very comfortable and assisted me instantly.
You see how good they are when you need them, couldnt be happier.

MJO64

MJO64Murray Region, NSW

Been with them for years claimed once

This driver ran into the back of me at traffic lights, it was so easy to make a claim over the phone. It took around about 10 minutes and my car was booked in for repair the following week. Could not be happier with Coles insurance and the operator was very pleasant to deal with

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to share your experience. We're delighted to hear your feedback and we'll ensure to share your comments with our teams for their awareness and to recognise their wider teams for their efforts. Thanks again!

Very happy with my insurance

I had comprehensive insurance for my new car. I was rear ended and the car was written off within the first month. Coles provided me with a new replacement car in a very timely manner (exactly the same make and model as my previous car). Even though this happened over the Christmas and new year period, their customer service and communication was excellent. I have taken out coles insurance on my new car! Thanks coles insurance, I am extremely happy with my cover!

Richard

RichardSydney, NSW

Please call your customers

Missed one payment, they sent a email which was lost in my junk. Cancelled policy. Why is it so difficult to just call your customers? One simple phone call would have sorted it out on the spot. Another example of crap Australian customer service.

bob g

bob gSouth East Queensland, QLD

Easy to deal with,and good Rates

We are in our 4yr with coles insurance,never made a claim,and just organised the renewal to cover our
new ,vehicle we about to take delivery of soon 10/10
we are very happy with the service.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Bob, thanks for sharing your review. We're delighted to hear your feedback about our products and customer service. We'll ensure to share your comments with our teams so they're made aware that they're doing a great job! Thanks again.

Skyline49South East Queensland, QLD

Rude, arrogant customer service, and no follow up

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We're very sorry to hear of your poor experience. Please note, we replied to your private message some time ago. We hope you can give us another chance in the future.

Skyline49

Pfffft don’t hold your breath! Bye

Corn Holioasked

Comprehensive Car Insurance

Why do you have the worst reviews of any insurer?

Grant A.

Because you pay your premium and when you need to claim and expect to be covered, Coles Insurance actively finds a way to avoid paying and walks away from you in your time of need.

Corn Holio

But let’s hear it from Coles. Funny how all the positive reviews are from people who have never claimed. I fail to understand the logic of providing a review on an insurer unless you’ve made a claim.

gloria.fardyasked

Coles Car Insurance

If I don’t want to renew my car policy when do I notify Coles insurance, my policy expires 10th May. Thanking you Gloria

Grant A.

Call them before the due date and advise that you don’t want to renew the policy

gloria.fardy

Hi Grant, I forgot to ask.... would this mean I will be charged the $25 cancellation fee

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Gloria, thanks for taking the time to get in touch. We recommend calling our Customer Support Team, on 1300 265 374, when you can, as they'd be best placed to advise you of your options.

Kerri

Kerriasked

Coles Car Insurance

How long does your refund to go in your bank account

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Kerri, thanks for taking the time to contact us. Regretfully, we don't have this information on hand and we recommend calling our team on 1300 265 374, as they'd be best placed to assist.

Get an answer from our members and Coles Insurance representatives

Compare all 3 Coles Car Insurance
CategoryRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Home and Contents and LandlordHome and Contents and LandlordHome and Contents and Landlord
Coverage TypeComprehensiveThird Party, Fire and TheftThird Party Property Damage
UnderwriterInsurance Australia LimitedInsurance Australia LimitedInsurance Australia Limited
Legal Liability Cover Included up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 million
Roadside Assistance Optional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional Extra
Reduced or Zero Excess Windscreen CoverZero Excess IncludedNot OfferedNot Offered
Choice of RepairerNot AllowedNot AllowedNot Allowed
After Accident Care
Hire Car after an Incident

Not Included

Emergency Transport & AccommodationUp to $100 per day or $500 in totalNot IncludedNot Included
Towing Costs IncludedIncludedNot Included
Hire Car after a No Fault Accident

Essential / Emergency RepairsIncluded up to $500Not IncludedNot Included
Benefits
Pay As You Drive / Fixed Kilometre DiscountNot ApplicableNot ApplicableNot Applicable
Hire Car after Theft

Lock and Key ReplacementIncluded up to $1,000Not IncludedNot Included
Transit Cover Not ApplicableNot ApplicableNot Applicable
Trailer & Caravan CoverIncluded up to $1,000Not IncludedNot Included
Child Safety Seats and PramsIncluded up to $500Not IncludedNot Included
New-for-old Car Replacement

Earlier than 2 years from original registration

Personal Property CoverIncluded up to $500Not IncludedNot Included
Uninsured Motorist Benefit Included up to $3,000Included up to $3,000Included up to $3,000
Accidental Loss or Damage