How to compare car insurance to find the best policy for you

Read now

• Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Claim Resolution Time3+ months (33), 1-2 months (19), 2-4 weeks (8), 1-2 weeks (7) and <1 week (6)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (48) · No (30)
Greg

GregSydney Surrounds, NSW

Good pricing was easy to deal with!

Was painless to deal with easy and quick with good value! We have both cars and also have full home and contents insurance as well with big savings and easy to understand Policy,s

Car ModelMitsubishi Triton MQ
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Greg, thanks for sharing your feedback. We're delighted to hear that you're a fan and we'll ensure to share your praises with our teams so they're made aware. Thanks again!

Romina G.

Romina G.Sydney, NSW

They take your money but don’t pay claims!

I signed up with coles insurance for my new car back in April 2020. Just recently I went shopping with my niece and I asked her to move the car closer as we had large items and she managed to run up the rear of another car in the carpark and they won’t pay my claim because she is under 25... I’m actually going to the ombudsman regarding this matter. Never again. I know I will stick to insurance specialists moving forward but this is so painful because I would have been insured if I had stayed with GIO.

Car ModelHyundai i30 GD
Claim DateAugust 2020
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Romina, thanks for sharing your feedback. We've responded to your private review.

Laona

LaonaPerth, WA

Great insurance

Good value, no claims as yet, ive been with Coles insurance for over 1 year and wont be changing. No roadside, I have RAC. My updated details were done in a timely manner

Car ModelJeep Cherokee KL
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Laona, thanks for sharing your feedback with us. We're delighted to hear about your experience with us so far and we'll ensure to share your comments with our teams so they're made aware. Thanks again!

green reaper

Avoid at all costs, bad customer service, premiums through the roof & not even Australian company 0 infinity stars

Car ModelToyota Kluger GSU50R Grande AWD
hako

hakoDarling Downs, QLD

Cannot fault.

Car ModelFord Territory SY
Claim DateSeptember 2020
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Hako, thanks for getting in touch. We're delighted to hear your feedback about your experience and we'll ensure to share your feedback with our teams so they're made aware and to recognise the team for their hard work and efforts. Thanks again!

Bec Williams

Bec WilliamsNortheast, VIC

So easy to deal with

The employee on the phone was in Australia (Melbourne) so easy to communicate with. Was such an easy process. Very impressed and she made it an enjoyable call. Easily helped me and I was Definitely impressed

Car ModelDodge Journey
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Bec, thanks for taking the time to share your review. We're delighted to hear your praises and we'll ensure to share your comments with our teams so they're aware and to keep up the great work. Thanks again!

Excellent, Service

I've just recently switched to Coles car insurance and also, unfortunately, had an accident. I found Coles Insurance, friendly prompt and kept me up to date on the progress of my repair. The repairer also was friendly and helpful.

Car ModelNissan Navara D22

Avoid, Avoid, Avoid - our experience has been terrible

Claim DateApril 2020

Sha

ShaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

300% increase in premium due to change in address!!!!

I called Coles to advise my change in address which is only 20kms difference to the previous one. I was advised my premium increase from $251.00 to $651.00!!!! I said there must be a mistake but the call centre person insisted this was the premium!!!

Car ModelToyota Corolla E180 Hatch
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Sha, thanks for reaching out and raising your concerns. We appreciate your feedback and we've shared this with our teams. Please note that we also replied to your private message.

Colin

Updating additional services to my existing policy

I checked my policy as i had a friend that had a stone crack his windscreen and wanted to make sure i had this on my policy. I checked and found that i did not. I called the Coles phone number and spoke to a very nice lady who helped add this to my policy as well i also added the road side assist as my car is now 5 years old so anytime going forward i may need this service as well. She was great to talk to and for both to be added to my policy it only cost additional $83.59. I also have my home and contents with Coles and have found they are very reasonable with their prices. I would thoroughly recommend Coles. Outstanding Service

Car ModelKia Sportage
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Colin, thanks for writing your review. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us and we'll ensure to pass on your kind words to our Insurance Team so they're made aware. Thanks again!

Please read my post before making a mistake. It may save you a new car or a holiday.

I would steer clear from Coles insurance. I'm sure the people are lovely but the prices are astronomical with price increases well above your standard 2-3% CPI increase. I have a 2012 Toyota and am 31 years of age with only 1 accident in the past 5 years and was asked to pay $4200 per year and could not choose my own mechanic, having my car taken for 6 weeks with no replacement.
I am happy to say I have now made the switch and am paying $1000 per year and have all the extras Coles did not provide me with.
I take responsibility for not making the switch sooner. They draw you in with a good price for your first year and after that you may feel robbed as I did. The amount I spent on insurance, I could have purchased another car.

Prateek G.

Prateek G.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Coles insurance sucks

I am with Coles insurance for more than 4 years but they have no value for their customer. It’s all about money making. They sucks bad service won’t recommend to

Car ModelHonda Accord
Nadine

NadineSouth East Queensland, QLD

It all went surprisingly well?!

Car ModelToyota Kluger GSU50R GX 2WD
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateJuly 2020

Christine B.South East Queensland, QLD

No Service at ALL. Don't Bother

I have sent many emails to these people regarding my existing claim and received nothing. they don't respond to your emails or anything. they did not advise me at any step of the way what was happening with my claim. i had to find these details myself. I didn't even know where my car was for a week. so don't bother with this company - you are better going with a more reliable company.

Car ModelHolden Cruze JH (Hatchback) Equipe
Claim DateJune 2020
Christine B.

That tells you absolutely nothing about the progression or what is happening. That is where i was looking.

Dani O.

Dani O.Murray Region, NSW

Coles insurance will shaft you

1. Claim in since March
2. Claim approved and agreed on
3. Coles make excuse after excuse as to why they cant pay just yet
4. Multiple complaints, multiple phone calls - nothing
5. Look at all the bad reviews, do not sign up, they will shaft you.
6. The employees knowingly work for a shafty company - sad

Insurance TypeThird Party Property Damage
Car ModelHolden Astra
Claim DateMarch 2020
mhaloush

mhaloush

STAY AWAY, call center in South Africa your personal and bank details are at risk, rude staff, bad customer services

I wish I could rate it with zero star.
Stay away from Coles Insurance, very bad customer services, very expensive price, rude staff, overseas call center in South Africa which means that your personal details including bank/card details are at serious and critical risk...Australian Government should close this business, the call center is located in South Africa and all staff are Indians with rude attitude and zero customer services. It was big mistake so stay away and listen to others' customers previous experience about this low quality insurance.. Stay away ...Not recommended at all or you will be sorry...Terrible...Terrible...Terrible....Etc

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi there, thanks for your review. We've responded to your private message.

Charged an exorbitant fee when moving interstate then told to cancel and go elsewhere if I don't like it.

South Yarra Local
South Yarra Local
Coles I.Coles Insurance

We appreciate your additional feedback and we're sorry to hear you feel this way. It'll sad to see you go and we hope you give us another chance in future.

Very bad customer service

I emailed Coles to cancel my car insurance third party damage ( monthly payment) as I sold it and moved overseas. However, nobody responded to my emails ( already sent twice) after one week. What is happening with Coles? Very bad and disappointing service!

Nguyen
Nguyen
Coles I.Coles Insurance

We're sorry to hear this, Nguyen. If your email still hasn't been responded to can you please send us a private message with your contact details and policy number?

Why am I paying another $40.00 for one month's coverage on existing policy - I moved house.

I have changed my address and have been charged more than $40.00 for less than 4 weeks remaining on my existing policy. That is exhorbitant! I understand the premium may change based on my postcode but $40.00 for four weeks equates to an annual increase of nearly $500.00. How is that justifiable. Very disappointed in this service.

Kerri

Kerriasked

Coles Car Insurance

How long does your refund to go in your bank account

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Kerri, thanks for taking the time to contact us. Regretfully, we don't have this information on hand and we recommend calling our team on 1300 265 374, as they'd be best placed to assist.

Filomena

Filomenaasked

Coles Car Insurance

Hi I just cancelled my car insurance policy and was not given a refund. I pay monthly and the money is taken out every 31st. So 1 day ago the money was taken out. So I have now paid for a month that I am not getting a service for. Its not like there is only a 1 day to go and I want a refund for the 1 day, I want a refund for 29 days worth. What are you providing me with for the $77.86 you took out of my account yesterday.
I will be taking this further and not for the money for the principle of the matter. Can you please let me know who I can ring to discuss this matter further before I take it further.

Colin

Hi Filomena, I have been a customer of Coles Insurance for some time other than my car Insurance last Year as Last Years Policy was dearer than i got at Budget. I would suggest you call the help centre in Coles and make sure you write down the time of your call and the name of the person you are talking to as a record if needed for later. I am confident they will sort it out for you i have found the customer service people great. Good Luck Best Regards Colin

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Filomena, thanks for getting in touch. We're sorry to hear that this has happened and for the poor experience. We recommend emailing our team via the address below, as our Insurance Team would be best suited to assist with your query.

insurance.enquiries@coles.com.au

Mrs Rawling

Mrs Rawlingasked

Coles Car Insurance

My daughter will be going into hospital shortly can someone else not on her policy drive her car for a few days and still be covered

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to reach out. We would recommend having your daughter check her current policy to confirm if her insurance covers other drivers.

Get an answer from our members and Coles Insurance representatives

Compare all 3 Coles Car Insurance
CategoryRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Home and Contents and LandlordHome and Contents and LandlordHome and Contents and Landlord
Coverage TypeComprehensiveThird Party, Fire and TheftThird Party Property Damage
UnderwriterInsurance Australia LimitedInsurance Australia LimitedInsurance Australia Limited
Legal Liability Cover Included up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 million
Roadside Assistance Optional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional Extra
Reduced or Zero Excess Windscreen CoverZero Excess IncludedNot OfferedNot Offered
Choice of RepairerNot AllowedNot AllowedNot Allowed
After Accident Care
Hire Car after an Incident

Not Included

Emergency Transport & AccommodationUp to $100 per day or $500 in totalNot IncludedNot Included
Towing Costs IncludedIncludedNot Included
Hire Car after a No Fault Accident

Essential / Emergency RepairsIncluded up to $500Not IncludedNot Included
Benefits
Pay As You Drive / Fixed Kilometre DiscountNot ApplicableNot ApplicableNot Applicable
Hire Car after Theft

Lock and Key ReplacementIncluded up to $1,000Not IncludedNot Included
Transit Cover Not ApplicableNot ApplicableNot Applicable
Trailer & Caravan CoverIncluded up to $1,000Not IncludedNot Included
Child Safety Seats and PramsIncluded up to $500Not IncludedNot Included
New-for-old Car Replacement

Earlier than 2 years from original registration

Personal Property CoverIncluded up to $500Not IncludedNot Included
Uninsured Motorist Benefit Included up to $3,000Included up to $3,000Included up to $3,000
Accidental Loss or Damage