• Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction

Allie H.

Allie H.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Coles Car Insurance - borderline criminal

My car had to be written off - someone smashed into it.
Terrible experience dealing with this insurer. 2.5 months later - still no resolution. About 20+ phone conversations, endless repetition of the same information. I would have spent so far probably 40 hours+ trying to resolve this.
Lying, incompetent, misleading insurer. They should be stripped of any insurer license. DO NOT USE COLES CAR INSURANCE

Car ModelMazda 3 BN (Sedan) Maxx Sport
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Thanks for contacting us, Allie. We're disappointed to hear that you've had a poor experience with us and we'll follow this up for you if you send us a private message with further details.

Khodr

KhodrSydney, NSW

My fault .lol. Are you serious???

I was turning left and your client overtaking me for the left side and hit my car on left side.
After i call them to claim about the accident .
First I was waiting for more than 45 minutes.
And I was shocked that I was to be claimed and reliable for the accident.
WTH, What a joke.
Disgraceful and disgusting.
Will see you in court.

Insurance TypeThird Party Property Damage
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Car ModelMercedes-Benz C-Class C250 d C205
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Khodr, thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us. If you'd like to follow up further, please send us a private message with further details.

Hamid B.Sydney, NSW

Claim time is working hours only

My first and last experience with coles. From the With bit of headaches but finally they wrapped it up and got it finalized. Except the claim time which is only on working days. It means if you have an accident on Friday night you need to wait till Monday morning and find a towing company to take your car and then they compensate

Car ModelAudi A5 8T
Hamid B.

Well I just need a clear reply and resolution. Ive returned my replacement car and haven't received a reply from coles yet.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Thanks for getting for responding, Hamid. We'd recommend reaching out to our Claims Team on 1300 265 374 as they'd be best placed to check your policy and follow this up for you.

Carmen

CarmenSydney, NSW

Great

They have been great with two accidents we had. We were not at fault , they went to lengths to help us from the time we called them to the time we got home. Best customer service when you call them .

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateDecember 2018
Car ModelRenault Captur J87
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Carmen, thanks for your feedback. We're happy to hear you're a fan of our services and customer service received. We'll ensure to share your comments on to our Insurance and Claims Teams so they're made aware.

NazaninSydney, NSW

Terrible services canceled my policy with out notice or ant notification. terrible customer service !!!!!!!

Terrible services canceled my policy with out notice or any notification. They don't even have text message system to let people know about cancellation of their insurance.
Terrible customer service !!!!!!!

Car ModelToyota Corolla
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Nazanin, thanks for contacting us and we're sorry to hear you've encountered this issue. We recommend contacting our Customer Support Team on 1300 265 374 so they can look into this for you.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

We're very disappointed to learn this, Nazanin. We'll ensure to share your feedback with our Insurance Team so they're made aware. We hope you give us another chance in future.

XenadGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Criminals

Coles insurance suck you in with cheap policies to begin with. Then wait for it increase it by almost 1,500. Why? Because they are now with a completely different company. My car started out on 500$ then as the years rolled on increased to the same amount as the big well known insurers. Have basically moved most of my cars from Cole's. Having overseas call centers is pathetic as they are like Robots. Stick with what you know. Sometimes it's the case of better the devil you know.

Chicri M.

Chicri M.South East Queensland, QLD

Give their customers the run around when claims are made.

I have been with Coles Insurance a number of years and I have a number of policies.
What Coles Insurance promise and what they deliver are totally different. Attention to claims? Non-existent.
My car was booked with a Coles recommended repairer only to be told the job was too big for them, they took photos and sent them on my behalf. More than two weeks later I am still waiting to hear from the assessor. I called twice only to be told the assessor is still looking into it. Not a good way to treat loyal customers.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Chicri, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We're disappointed to hear you experienced a delay with your car insurance claim and we're very sorry for the poor experience. We hope you notice an improvement in the future.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

So we're able to follow this up for you with our Customer Care Team, could you please DM us your full name, claim number, contact number and time and date best suited for contact?

If I could give zero stars, I would.

Car ModelVolkswagen Golf
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to share your review and we're sorry to hear this. We'll be sure to pass on your feedback to the relevant teams and we hope you can give us another chance in the future.

Rammi

RammiSydney, NSW

2ND year Price increase of $207 for nothing

second year of insurance they quoted an extra $207 for absolutely nothing. what a joke for a company to charge over 20% for nothing extra. When i called they could not explain why other than their rant things are changing.

Sophie ReynoldsSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Avoid avoid avoid - worst insurer ever

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Car ModelSSV VE Commodore
Sophie Reynolds

I have no idea where I'm supposed to DM to. Doesn't matter I've submitted a complaint through the ombudsman now

sweetsunset

sweetsunsetSydney, NSW

Renewal Price increases

Having held Coles Comprehensive Car insurance for several years claim free, I was curious to see the annual fee had increased by $150. Consequently I have cancelled my policy as they are not interested in maintaining their clientele only bringing in new business.

Insurance TypeComprehensive and Third Party, Fire and Theft
Car ModelSubaru XV
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Is there an option to award no stars?

There is a total disconnect between the promotion of Coles Car Insurance services and the actual service delivery. Attention to claims? Non-existent. Half a dozen or more emails to the claims department over the last two months have been met with nothing more than automated receipts promising a response ‘within 5 business days’. Coles should have stuck to flogging groceries.

Claim DateNovember 2019

NickGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Horrible customer service

Horrible customer service. Gave me a rubbish excuse for raising policy over $100 and never made a claim. Would not lower premium not even 1 cent. I have been with Coles insurance for many years and this is the first time this has happened. I have 2 other policies a vehicle and home and I will be leaving Coles once they expire.

Insurance TypeThird Party, Fire and Theft
Car ModelVehicle
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Nick, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We do our best to ensure our customers are offered insurance at great prices. Please send us a DM with your policy details and we'd be happy to look into this for you.

Anastasia maniasSouth East Queensland, QLD

Absolutely terrible.

My cars battery died on the way to work and I needed road side assist. I called them and they told me they work with Coles insurance and that I didn’t actually have road side assist, they transferred me to Coles, I payed for a new plan and a large fee because I needed the assistance right away. They transferred me back to the road side people and they said they couldn’t find my details online and to call Coles again to sort it out. I spoke to Coles again, they said they’d transfer me through to road side and explain to them that I have payed the fee and to get help ASAP. I am still on the phone and have been on hold for the past 30mins.

Car ModelSuzuki Swift
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Anastasia, thanks for taking the time to share your review. We're sorry to hear about your frustrating experience. We'll be sure to share your feedback with our Customer Care Team.

Angelique K.Illawarra, NSW

This company needs to be investigated

Car ModelNissan Micra K12
Coles I.Coles Insurance

We're sorry to hear of your frustration, Angelique. We'd recommend calling our Claims Team on 1300 265 374 so that they can look into this for you straight away.

poor service

no I did not I found the person on the phone for Coles insurance rude and not easy to understand her she seem to lack knowledge of the new car I had purchased
I will not recommend Coles insurance to any one I know and if asked I will advise them of my experience

Car ModelSuzuki Baleno EW GL

Coles screwed me over!

I agreed my renewal policy would be posted but coles sent it by email. It went to junk, my policy expired. I wasn't covered when I made a hail claim.

Claim DateJanuary 2019
Claim ApprovedNo
Car ModelFord Ranger PX.II (2015-Present)
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi there, thanks for your review. We're sorry to hear of your frustrating experience with renewing your policy. We'll ensure your feedback is shared with our Specialist Team so they're made aware and to review.

The worst

Coles car insurance is the worst. Dont waste your time with this insurance company. I lost my car in October from an accident and Im still chasing them up now to get a pay out. No one has called me for any updates regarding the claim (which they should) and every time I call them; Im stuck on the phone on hold for 30 minutes+ and get tossed around from 1 team to another. In this case its claims- total loss-settlements and nothing still gets done at the end of the day. DISGUSTING SERVICE!

Insurance TypeThird Party, Fire and Theft
Claim DateOctober 2019
Car ModelToyota Camry ASV70R / GSV70R Ascent Sport

J W

J Wmelbourne

Do not waste your time - they do not honour an online quote

Maria

MariaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Claim in progress

Lodged a claim with coles on Sunday night. Been ringing continuously since Monday to see the status of my claim to find its under investigation as Ive switched from another insurer. I asking ked why to be told that theres no fraud involved. Are you serious? Im not a criminal dont like being treated like a criminal. All I want are answers as to whether my claim is approved or not and if Im able to get a hire car. Im a shift worker currently and n night shift. Need to be able to get to and from work. Not impressed with coles. Will never recommend them.

Car ModelNissan Navara D22

Teacherasked

Is it true that Coles will only insure undamaged new cars ?
This is what happened when one of my relatives requested an online quote "complete with pictures of some declared minor door damage", to be told online insurance is not possible, call customer service.
Customer service agent told my relative Coles will only insure undamaged new cars.
Is this true?

Xenad

Hi Teacher. I had my older car insured with coles when they were backed by wesfarmers and never had issues. As soon as they moved to another company I got out. Prices skyrocketed and were no longer competitive. My advice to you is don't use them. Try budget or Suncorp. As for not insuring a car with minor damage sounds ludicrous. I wouldn't waste my time with them. I hope that helps.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi there, we appreciate you taking the time to express your concerns. Please be assured, we're constantly looking at our underwriting rules, and will pass your feedback onto our product team for their consideration. In the meantime, we recommend calling our Insurance Team on 1300 265 374, if you have any further queries, as they'd be best placed to assist.

Teacher

We have no further queries.
You have clearly stated your policy. Coles Only insures new cars with no damage.
Why would we want to contact you again?

Robasked

I currently have 3 cars insured through Coles insurance, today I tried insuring my new LDV T60 and instead of a price I get a screen stating that Coles cannot offer me insurance due to my circumstances. What is going on ?

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Rob, thanks for getting in touch. We're sorry to hear of your experience. We recommend calling our Customer Care Team on 1300 265 374, as they'll be best placed to assist you with this.

Rob

Spoke to customer care, My new car is one they don't insure, So the fact it is brand new, has a 5 star uncap rating means nothing to Coles. So I will be insuring this car elsewhere and moving my 3 other cars and 2 property insurances as well. Very poor of Coles to not care about loyalty to their customers.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

We're sorry to hear of your disappointment, Rob. Please be assured that we'll share you feedback with the relevant teams.

iron l.

iron l.asked

I request for access fee refunds and I got refund form from coles insurance but 3month after they still haven't refund yet.
Is it possible?? I asked 4times but nothing response. Just got auto response about 3 to 5 business day.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi, thanks for getting in touch. We'd recommend that you contact our Customer Support Team on 1300 265 374 as they'll be best suited to assist you further.

Get an answer from our members and Coles Insurance representatives