Colgate Advanced Whitening

Colgate Advanced Whitening

See the Best Toothpastes in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Colgate

• Sensitivity Improvement Yes (1) · No (5)
  • Whitening Improvement Yes (2) · No (4)
  • Taste
Jacqui
JacquiGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Burned tongue and throat

Started using his a week ago and each day I have had more ulcers and sore throat. Y tongue looks cracked and painful..Didn’t think it was the toothpaste until my doctor looked at it and said it was burned

Purchased in February 2020 at Chemist Warehouse.

DAZA
DAZAMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Scary stuff!

I actually didn’t link my symptoms to toothpaste until after I went to my dentist. My mouth and throat felt like they were burning, my tongue especially. And so very dry - no amount of water could stop that. Then ulcers on my gums and inside cheeks. I was convincing myself that I had mouth cancer. The first question my dentist asked was ‘are you using bleach’? At first I said no - but then I remembered I’d bought this whitening toothpaste to try. My symptoms are improving daily since stopping.

Purchased in November 2019.

Kate
KateMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Bleached the colour from my bathroom basin

Started using this product a week ago. Have an inflamed lip with what appears to be an ulcer under the surface. Left an area unwashed for a little while in my heritage grey basin and it has bleached the colour! Will need to have it resurfaced - or smear the remainder over the basin and bleach it all. Not happy!

Purchased in December 2019 at ALDI.

Cris
CrisSydney, NSW

Mouth ulcers whiter teeth

I bought this thinking it would be milder than Colgate's more potent Optic White. After a few days I have a bad ulcer inside the top of my mouth which feels like a cut. I have disposed the rest of the tube in the toilet expecting brilliant results.

Purchased in August 2019 at Woolworths Physical store.

Find out how Colgate Advanced Whitening compares to other Toothpastes

Not recommended. Something in ingredients causes very sore mouth & ulcers. Would not buy again

Yes, mouth ulcers formed within 2 days of switching to this product. Tongue & gums very sore. Mouth is on fire. Must contain something very irritating or toxic to the gums.

Purchased in July 2019 at CountDown Deals for $4.00.

Beck
BeckCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Been using for over 15years

I love this product! Will use no other. People are always asking if I have had my teeth whitened... I have not. I only use Colgate Advanced Whitening. I swear to God!

Purchased in April 2019 at Coles Supermarkets for $3.05.

hayemmy
hayemmyGold Coast

Ulcers and smelly breath

I had the same reaction with many other people regarding the ulcers. I didn't think anything of it at first as I only had one but after using the toothpaste for a couple of days, I developed another one and then my partner started complaining about cuts in the lip and ulcers.

I thought that maybe it was our diet and I even put it down to our trusty tooth brushes but thinking hard the only thing that had changed in our routine was the new toothpaste so I looked it up and was surprised/assured that there were others with the same reaction. I feel I understand why it was half price at the supermarket.

Overall I would not recommend.

Polly
PollyAustralia

Horrible!

Horrible I highly recommend you not to use this toothpaste! I brushed me teeth and now I have cuts all in my gums and in my lips,So painful and eating and drinking is a struggle! Horrible worst toothpaste I have ever used!

Amz
AmzRye

Ulcers, sensitive teeth and sore gums

bought this toothpaste as it was on offer in boots, so thought I might as well try it out. After the first day of using it I had an ulcer on my lip, which I originally put down to stress. However after the 3rd day of using this toothpaste I had approximately 7 ulcers in my mouth, on my lips and tongue. My gums have also become very painful and my teeth feel more sensitive than usual. I have not changed anything apart from my toothpaste. It hurts to talk and eating is a challenge. Since yesterday I have switched to sensodine and my mouth is already feeling better. I have seen quite a few complaints of a similar thing happening to other people when using this toothpaste and really think Colgate should take these into consideration.

Seb Vettel
Seb VettelAustralia

Absolutely horrible.

There are cuts inside of my mouth after using this toothpaste twice! I brush my teeth before bed and cannot sleep because of this weird sticky crap in my mouth left from the toothpaste. I used this toothpaste about a year ago, and a year later it is still the same. Weirdly, this toothpaste also gave me horrible smelling breath.

Major issues after using this toothpaste

I had a similar reaction to one of the reviewers here - major issues with sudden constricted breathing after using. Not asthmatic, but felt I could hardly breathe on numerous occasions after brushing teeth with this. Also got: major teeth sensitivity that lasted all day (painful aching teeth, hot and cold sensitive); tingly and numb tip of my tongue; dry lips; and two lymph/salivary glands under jaw either side of trachea both swollen and painful. No other symptoms that could explain this like a cold etc. Bad, bad toothpaste. Stay away.

Bad!

My tongue is red lumpy and swollen, and my lips are soooo cracked, this is from my first use that happened. Didn't know it was the tooth paste. Had a feeling it was but wasn't sure. For the rest of the week I used a normal toothpaste I have always used. Then used the Colgate advanced whitening again and the same thing happened again to my tongue. Absolutely shocked!!!

Kat rae
Kat raeMelbourne

Nearly Killed me

Using this toothpaste caused my wind pipes to constrict and start choking me - it resulted in also educing asthma like attacks over the past 16 days (still ongoing) The restrictions result in throughout each night waking in a choking sensation coughing and gasping for breath at night - no less that 5 to 7 times per night. medically prescribed medications including steroids to keep my throat open enabling me not to choke. It's ingredients are dangerous and it should be taken off the market. I can say alot more but i think you all get the message.

Bad

Every time I use it there is a burning sensation and it always leaves a bad taste in mouth. I prefer ALDI toothpaste to this specific Colgate paste. The other colgate ones are fine, but this one is just... agh!

Good but isn't outstanding

My mum recently bought this toothpaste at Woolworths, because it was on sale. It cleans well, however it claims to whiten your teeth. After two weeks of using the product, I still haven't seen any results what so ever. Buy this toothpaste if you are looking for something that will clean your teeth, and doesn't leave a minty feeling. However, it doesn't really 'whiten' which is something I wanted the product to do.