Colgate Optic White

Colgate Optic White

See the Best Toothpastes in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Renee J

Renee JHobart, TAS

Extreme tooth pain

After using this toothpaste for a few days, I developed 2 significant ulcers inside my cheek and severe tooth pain. An Xray at the Dentist and an appointment with the Doctor concluded that there was no infection or anything else that should be causing the pain. After ceasing using Optic White for 5 days, teh pain finally subsided.

Purchased in November 2019 at Woolworths for $6.00.

Taste
Sensitivity Improvement Yes
Whitening Improvement No

Severe tooth pain!

Thought I would give this product a try to whiten the teeth either side of my front teeth that had veneers fitted a few years ago due to an impact injury. After using this toothpaste for just a couple of days, the sensitivity in one of my front teeth was unbearable. Might be fine on whole teeth but agony on one of my teeth that has a veneer fitted. Will never use it again.

Purchased in August 2019 at Woolworths for $8.00.

Taste
Whitening Improvement No
Miss Reviewer

Miss ReviewerMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

My all time favourite toothpaste!

This is honestly my favourite toothpaste, it whitens my teeth so fast and they look so white and shiny. The only thing is that it’s a bit on the pricey side, but totally worth it. I sometimes switch to normal toothpaste when I can’t afford optic white but they don’t even come close at keeping my teeth super white. Definitely 10/10

Purchased in March 2018 for $10.00.

Taste
Whitening Improvement Yes

dissapointed tottally...

From one month me and my husband are using this toothpaste...now I reveal that it is making my teeth rough from inner side and sensitive to cold and hot. My gums have become weak. I feel that my teeth have become thin now. Whenever I brush my teeth, I feel that something is shedding. Yeah it whiter my teeth but weakened it also.

Purchased in February 2019 for $8.00.

Taste
Sensitivity Improvement No
Whitening Improvement Yes

Top Product

It really works. I drink lots of coffee and I am finding great results. My teeth have never been whiter. So far i have used several tubs for 3 months now. Well worth the extra money. You get what you pay for.

Purchased in January 2019.

Disappointing

My teeth are healthy and I was excited about using this product to see if it would make my teeth whiter. I got sucked in by the marketing; I have been using this toothpaste for about 5 weeks and it has not whiten my teeth at all. If anything it made my gums more sensitive to cold. The marketing is a lie and the product a waste of money. I won't buy again and I don't recommend.

Shauno

ShaunoSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

2 weeks use and no difference noticed.

My front two tooth have caps are white but the teeth on either side are yellowing. I observed no difference at all from daily use of the product.

Queen Victoria

Queen VictoriaSydney, NSW

I was disappointed with the result

I purchased this product because it was on sale at Woolworths and used it as per the instructions on the packet. After two weeks of using it, I can see only a very slight improvement in the whiteness of my teeth. It's certainly nothing that stands out. Also when you brush your teeth with this product you can actually feel the abrasiveness of the paste which is a worry and the aftertaste is absolutely horrible. As a toothpaste this product is OK but don't think you will end up with teeth like Jennifer Hawkins as seen in the commercials. Would not purchase this product again.

If you have sensitive teeth seek sendodyne

If you have sensitive gums / teeth consider an alternative . Very fresh though . Great clean feel but I will give to my husband who has less sensitive teeth

Nikita Pallister

Nikita PallisterSunshine coast

My go to

My partner and I are both heavy smokers and have found optic white to be the most effective reasonably priced toothpaste for fighting stains as wel as bad breath. It’s our go to for affordable toothpaste

Superior White and clean fast

Best Whitening Toothpaste would use on coffee stained teeth, will give whitening results fast and cleans good. May cause some cold sensitivity, sensitivity not as bad as previas/older whitening toothpastes of multiple brands.
Cation with how often you use this toothpaste! It does what the box says and daily toothpaste isn't this powerful. You will still see whitening using it every 2 or 3 days.

Ouch!

I have been using the toothpaste for a little over a week and I now have sections of my gums that are red, swollen and very sore. Will never use again. It may whiten teeth (to early for me to tell) but damages gums at the same time.

I can only feel pain

I got this because I heard it was good for teeth whitening. I was suspicious of how strongly and aggressively it smelled but ignored it. I should trust my nose more. After using it for a while, my mouth was constantly tender. My throat is damaged and I cannot eat or drink without a good amount of pain. My teeth feel sensitive and my tongue is numbed, along with my sense of taste. After I realised, I immediately stopped using it. Now I have to wait for my entire mouth to heal. So, no, I probably wouldn’t use this ever again in my entire life.

dixxkywollongong

This realy works

A friend told me that his daughter used this with great results so i got some and wow it does realy work .a bit expensive at $10 but well worth it even my dentist last week told me apart from dental bleaching this is the only product he recommended

green teeth

I got this product thinking it would work well. I didn't tell my partner I was using it, I wanted to see if he noticed any difference...he did...he said my teeth looked green...I switched straight back to a regular toothpaste and thankfully my teeth went back to normal...

The Colgate tube!

My teeth are stained, I have seen a little change, which I wouldn't say the toothpaste isn't working, but my complaint is the actual tube. It doesn't hold up to daily use, toothpaste oozes out of the tube.

paddingtonbrisbane

Is Paris Burning?

'Cause London is drowning,and I, I live by the river. Well to be accurate Paddington sometimes and now this bears honey cakehole is hurting more than a Norfolk Square curry house after a Heikell incendiary drop.The only way I can use this product is to mix it with a quality Australian toothpaste - say 90% Cedal Spearmint or Denitex Mint with 10% Colgate White Hot Optic Pain Mexican Walking Fish Chilli paste.

Bubby2015

Bubby2015Sydney, NSW

No effect after several weeks of use as directed

I have healthy teeth and recently noticed they were turning yellow especially which was evident during shaving in contrast with the white shaving foam.

I tried this product for about 6-7 weeks once a day and did not notice any significant improvement, far from the claims on the packaging. I don't think I will be trying this product again to see if another 6 weeks of use will have any impact.

Terribly painful Gums and Tongue

I used this product morning and night for 3 days straight and whilst I agree I believe I did see whiter teeth, I now have what feels like burnt raw gums and a very sore tongue. It is painful to eat on one side of my mouth due to the tenderness. I have never had any dental hygiene issues and I can only put the change down to the new toothpaste. Sadly I won't be continuing to use this product as the pain is not worth the gain!

Underwhelmed

I did notice some whitening properties but in all fairness, to be serious, if had to decide, i would probably, at a push, consider, staying with aquafresh. I very much enjoyed their television advertisements circa mid 1990s. I felt they instilled in me, to my bones, a sense of nuclear family value shopper