Colgate Sensitive Pro-Relief

Colgate Sensitive Pro-Relief

2.0

• Sensitivity Improvement Yes (5) · No (15)
  • Whitening Improvement Yes (0) · No (20)
  • Taste
Stokoe1985

Stokoe1985Central Queensland, QLD

Extremely dry and cracked upper lip due to the use of this paste

It did helped with my sensitive teeth, however it caused my upper lip to be super dry and peeling. No lip balm could help it as it was so dry. I could not pinpoint what was the the problem at the beginning. Then stopped the use of this tooth paste and issue resolved.

Purchased in August 2020.

Taste
Sensitivity Improvement Yes

Not what I expected!

I have tried various toothpastes for my sensitive teeth. I bought this product because it was on special. I didn't like the taste and the toothpaste burned my mouth, which wasn't pleasant. I will not be buying this again.

Purchased in March 2020.

Taste
Sensitivity Improvement No

Worst experience

My front teeth started to be sensitive for a week and this toothpaste was on sale so I gave it a go. After brushing about 30 mins, i started to feel tingling pain in my teeth, not only the front teeth but the bottom and inside jaw. Then it became so painful I thought all my teeth were abt to fall out, the pain spread to my jaw, nose and head. Several hours later, the pain reduces but my teeth are still sore. I realised sth wrong with this toothpaste and I looked it up and found out Im not the only one. Wish I read the reviews before trying it, worst experience!

Purchased in August 2020 at chemistwarehouse for A$5.00.

Taste
Sensitivity Improvement No

Andrew Kelly

Andrew KellyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great for me

This toothpaste is great for me. I have mildly sensitive teeth and this does the trick to soothe them on high sensitivity days. The flavour and consistency is good. Much better value when on special compared to other sensitive toothpastes.

Purchased in July 2020 at Chemist Warehouse for A$4.99.

Taste
Sensitivity Improvement Yes
Colgate-PalmoliveColgate

Thanks for your feedback Andrew! We're pleased you've found our product works well for you.

Lips swell, gums swollen, dry mouth,dry lips

YES. I just want to say that I've been using Synsodine for sensitive teeth and never had any issues. Whatever is in the Colgate stuff almost gives me like a slight burning sensation if I leave it lingering on my lips and of course, when you spit out tooth paste some will always get on your lips. Even if it doesn't it almost feels like I've chewed the inside of my lips when I haven't at all. My lips have been feeling dry and swollen, some days my gums are swollen on side or my mouth is dry. I DO NOT recommend this toothpaste.

Purchased in April 2020 at Walmart .

Taste
Sensitivity Improvement Yes
Whitening Improvement No

Negative affect on lips and breath

I have been using Colgate sensitivity toothpaste daily for over one year. My husband began to complain about my breath after brushing my teeth at night and I noticed that my lips were becoming dry, irritated, and peeling. I come to realize the the toothpaste was the problem. After stopping use 2 weeks ago, my taste buds are better and my lips are slowly heeling. Would not recommend .

Purchased in January 2019 for A$5.00.

Taste
Sensitivity Improvement Yes

This Toothpaste Is So Bad

I started getting mouth ulcers and my lips got extremely dry and my teeth is aching and it became sensitive. Don't use this paste at all. Pls avoid it. Thankyou.

Purchased in February 2020 at Guardian Pharmacy.

Taste
Sensitivity Improvement No
MrsThrifty

MrsThriftySouth East Queensland, QLD

Makes my gums bleed if I use this too often.

I use Colgate Pro Relief very sparingly. It tends to burn my mouth, & if I use it day after day, my gums bleed. My very dry mouth from an auto immune disorder causes the bleeding, I think. I use this toothpaste the day I have a dental appt. It helps to numb my mouth very nicely :) Very strong tasting stuff, which can't be good for anyone, I shouldn't think. Is definitely not my toothpaste of choice. Colgate Sensitive (Multi Protection) is.

Purchased in September 2019 at Woolworths Physical store for A$5.00.

Taste
Sensitivity Improvement No
Naomi Alexander

Naomi AlexanderSouth East Queensland, QLD

chemical burn on my lips

I picked up a big bag of samples of this product at my local charity shop. I should have realised that there must have been a reason that someone would give the samples away. I used it for a week and it made the inside of my mouth very dry and chemically burnt the outside of my lips and made them very numb. I do have sensitive skin and my husband did not have the lips side effects but it did make his mouth dry. I dumped the rest of the samples in the bin rather than donate them back to the shop.

Purchased in December 2019 for A$2.00.

Works a charm for me

Purchased in October 2019 at Woolworths for A$10.00.

Sylvia

SylviaHobart, TAS

Rub onto sore teeth or gums

Purchased in March 2019.

Dee

DeeRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Aching mouth

I have been using Colgate Sensitive Pro-relief for three months for sensitivity in my front teeth, but a month ago my gums started aching and I had a gnawing pain on one side. I also had constantly dry mouth and lips and went through numerous lip balms to combat this. I persevered not thinking it was my Toothpaste, until I bought Oral B because it was half the price. Low and behold within 2 days of changing toothpaste, my gums stopped aching and my mouth wasn't dry and sore any more. Colgate Sensitive is OK for a day or two, but not continuously, the side effects are horrendous.

Purchased in April 2019 at Coles Supermarkets for A$10.00.

Taste

If i could give a negative i would

I was recommended to use this by my dentist, my teeth have never been sensitive. I started using it and OMG after day three, i couldn't eat, drink anything hot or cold, my teeth were over the top sensitive. I have now stopped using it and it has been 2 days and i am now able to stand hot and cold foods. I take an anti inflammatory just to calm my teeth but this product is utter crap. Do not waste your money.

Purchased in August 2019 at CountDown Deals.

Taste
Sensitivity Improvement No
airsolaja

airsolajaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

It does not provide relief for sensitive teeth -false advertising

No side effects, apart from money not well spent. This toothpaste really does not help at all with symptoms of sensitive teeth. it is in a rubbish bin now. Plain bi-carb soda and coconut butter do a far better job at cleaning and desensitising.

Purchased in August 2019 at Coles for A$5.00.

Taste
Sensitivity Improvement No
My Name

My Name

It makes your teeth sensitive

This is a scam product designed to make you keep buying more. It delivers the symptoms it purports to combat. A very common type of scam with these types of companies.

Purchased in June 2019.

Sheralee K.

Sheralee K.Hunter Region, NSW

Mouth Peeling after using colgate sensitive pro-relief whitening for 2 days

After using colgate sensitive pro-relief whitening for 2 days my whole mouth went numb and all my gums and tongue started to peel. where every you get this toothpaste in your mouth or on your lip it goes tingly.
I've been using another colgate sensitive whitening toothpaste for the last 10 years but thought i would try this new toothpaste but it was the worst move.

Purchased in July 2019 at Woolworths for A$8.99.

Taste
Sensitivity Improvement No
Whitening Improvement No

How do I get rid of this bad aftertaste??

This must have been my worst toothpaste experience ever. The toothpaste leaves a very bad, sour-like aftertaste that you can't get rid off. I've once accidentally drunk out of a glass with smoke buds in it which was horrible, but I'd probably still prefer it over using this toothpaste ever again.

Purchased in June 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for A$4.99.

Taste
Sensitivity Improvement No
Alex M.

Alex M.

Weird sensation

I'm not sure what causes it but my lips and tongue goes numb when I use this toothpaste. It's kind of like a tingling first then numbing
The taste isn't pleasant either and it makes me salivate heaps. I don't recommend it.

Purchased in March 2019.

Taste
Sensitivity Improvement No
macadair

macadairPerth, WA

Not yet sure about the product BUT give a miss to the Twist Cap and Flat Container.

Title says it all. Please let me know when I can take my second box back to the retailer for my money back. What can I say to use up 7 words.

Purchased in May 2019 at Coles Supermarkets.

Taste
Sensitivity Improvement No
Whitening Improvement No

Painful burning tongue... numb gums. What changed in this Product? No Warnings.. No Notice on Packaging

Purchased in December 2009 for A$5.99.