Colgate Sensitive Pro-Relief

Colgate Sensitive Pro-Relief

See the Best Toothpastes in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Colgate

• Sensitivity Improvement Yes (8) · No (22)
  • Whitening Improvement Yes (0) · No (30)
  • Taste

Mouth ulcers & sore tongue

After using this product I started getting very sore mouth & tongue including mouth ulcers & bleeding gums after brushing which seemed unusual as used this type of toothpaste for 4 years or more, I eventually decided to take a break from this product & tried a different type & my mouth is now free of ulcers & tongue is not sore anymore, i wish I had realised this a lot earlier as I have suffered for several months & very sore painful mouth which has only stopped since changing toothpaste, who would of thought this toothpaste could cause so much pain to someone's mouth, unbelievable.

Purchased in June 2021 at Tesco .

Bleeding gums

Horrible dry mouth

Was at my dentist and he said again to use toothpaste for sensitive teeth so I got Colgate. I suddenly was having severe dry mouth at night, all night, every night. So bad that it woke me up at night so greatly reduced my quality of sleep. Wondered if it happened at the dentist and then finally figure out that it was the toothpaste. Now I read review after review of very bad experiences. Shame on Colgate that this product remains on the market!!! It is having a dramatic negative impact on people’s lives and we sure don’t need that too right now.

Lori Fischer
Lori FischerSydney, NSW

Caused burning mouth syndrome

I was suffering from burning mouth syndrome and sloughing of gingiva. Read articles advising switching toothpastes. Symptoms went away as soon as I quit using the Colgate Sensitive Pro Relief.

Purchased in February 2021 at Drugscreen.

Caused bad breath

I got it because it was on offer. After a while of using it, I noticed it was really overpowering - extremely frothy and strong flavoured. I then noticed a) random minty tastes in my mouth during the day, which I could not figure out then b) a furring thick feeling of my tongue, similar to when you have drunk tea too hot. c) That my sensitivity was as bad as ever (which I don't have whilst using my regular brand) d) My husband mentioned my breath a few times, which was unusual and it clicked. I stopped using it and my mouth flora returned to normal again. Nightmare product I will actively never buy again! Would not recommend under any circumstances.

Purchased in January 2021 at Asda for $1.00.

Legs
Legs

Significantly helping with post-filling pain

I recently switched to the Colgate Sensitive Pro-Relief Enamel Repair variant. I can't speak to whether it's repairing my enamel (we'll have to see) but it's been a godsend as I contend with increased temperature sensitivity and tooth pain in the settling down phase after a deep filling. Brushing with the affected tooth with this toothpaste calms the irritation to its nerves within minutes every time and the relief lasts several hours. I haven't experienced any adverse dryness, peeling, or pain in the two months I was using it, and my general tooth sensitivity to cold temperatures has improved too.

Purchased in November 2020 at Chemist Warehouse Online Store for $4.99.

Veronika
VeronikaCanberra 2600, ACT

1 of 5

This is 1 of the 5 toothpastes I have to use to control my extreme sensitivity, I use this one with Cedel and Grant’s daily, can’t fault it does what it states. When I just used potassium nitrate they stopped working, since using this together with potassium it works a treat. But due to my intense issues that my dentist knows of, there is the odd time here and there where it stops working and that’s where the 5 come in for a week or so and than I return to using 3 again.

Purchased for $8.00.

Colgate-PalmoliveColgate

Hi Veronika, we’re pleased you've find our toothpaste works well for you as part of your oral care regime. It sounds as though you and your dentist have matters well under control. Keep up the great effort!

Lisa K.
Lisa K.Sydney, NSW

Product gave me perioral dermatitis

For about 4 months I have been experiencing ongoing dry, hypersensitive lips. No lip balm or cream has made a difference and and the skin has started to peel around my mouth. I finally figured out this toothpaste was to blame. Really regret switching from regular toothpaste on the advice of my dentist. Going straight in the bin!!! How this product is able to stay on market given this appears to be a very regular reaction is beyond me.

Purchased in October 2020 at Coles.

Julia A
Julia A

Peeling dry lips sore mouth

I used this product for about 4 days then my lips started drying out and peeling. Mouth and tongue painful I stopped using it immediately and it has taken a week and my lips are only just improving though they remain dry. After consultation with a friend she had to stop using it because it caused mouth ulcers in both her and her daughter. I am disappointed this product is still on the market.

Purchased in December 2020.

Colgate-PalmoliveColgate

Hi Julia A, we're sorry to learn of your experience and we'd like to get some more information from you to be able to help. Please give our team a call on 1800 802 307 Mon – Fri between the hours of 7am – 5pm so they can assist you.

Red burning tongue

Tried this and got a very red, burning tongue. NEVER occurred to me that it would be the product since it is designed for RELIEF of sensitivity. Stopped using it and tongue got better. Started today again and, yep, burning tongue. Goes out with the trash. Consumers should be warned. There is nothing on the label.

Purchased in October 2020 at Amazon.

Colgate-PalmoliveColgate

Hi Yolanda R. we're sorry to learn of your experience and we'd like to get some more information from you to be able to help. Please give our team a call on 1800 802 307 Mon – Fri, 7am – 5pm so they can assist you.

Jin S
Jin SSouth East Queensland, QLD

mouth ache, nausea, skin peeling

My teeth and jaw ache during brushing & untill 10-15 minutes after. I also feel a little nauseous everytime I use this product. when I wake up in the morning, I notice some redness, irritation, sensitivity and buring sensation in my mouth, and my mouth skin peel and fall off like a thin translucent onionskin. I tried it a few times in different intervals to see if my teeth get used to it; it didn't. I do not like it.

Adz
AdzSydney, NSW

Ulcers and peeling skin in mouth

Started using Colgate sensitive pro relief repair and prevent and it has made the skin in my mouth peel and caused my mouth to burn. I have bits of my skin in my mouth falling off. This is absurd. Will not buy this product again.

Purchased in October 2020 at Chemist Warehouse.

Colgate-PalmoliveColgate

Thanks for your review Adz. We're sorry to learn of your experience and we'd like to get some more information from you to be able to help. Please give our team a call on 1800 802 307 Mon – Fri, 7am – 5pm so they can assist you.

Vanessa S.
Vanessa S.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Wouldn’t recommend.

Used this toothpaste for about a month after a recommendation from my dentist. After about 2-3 weeks I started to notice small black dots forming on my teeth! Also, if I brushed on an empty stomach I would fell nauseas!! After telling my dentist my symptoms he told me to stop using it immediately and so I did. Into the bin it went.

Purchased in October 2020 at Coles for $10.00.

Anna
AnnaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Makes my teeth more sensitive

Picked up this toothpaste off the shelf as it was on sale without realising it was for sensitive teeth. Used from time to time and one day rinsed my mouth realising my teeth kinda hurt and maybe I actually needed it. Who knew - it was actually the toothpaste making my teeth MORE SENSITIVE!!!

After a few minutes of brushing with this toothpaste my teeth literally ache and I cannot even hold room temperature water in my mouth. At least my sensitivity is fine throughout the day, but straight after brushing it is soooo painful. It's seriously not normal.

I've never had sensitive teeth before using this. I can't imagine what this would do to people with already sensitive teeth!!

Purchased in October 2020 at Coles for $5.00.

Stokoe1985
Stokoe1985Central Queensland, QLD

Extremely dry and cracked upper lip due to the use of this paste

It did helped with my sensitive teeth, however it caused my upper lip to be super dry and peeling. No lip balm could help it as it was so dry. I could not pinpoint what was the the problem at the beginning. Then stopped the use of this tooth paste and issue resolved.

Purchased in August 2020.

HeatherB
HeatherBasked

Why have you changed to plastic packaging? It is so hard to squeeze the tube. I love the product but please go back to the original tube.

Elizabeth
Elizabethasked

Could you please explain the difference between Pro Relief Enamel Repair and Pro Relief Repair & Prevent? I'm in my late sixties, still have all my own teeth but my dentist recently advised me to use a sensitive toothpaste as cold air, ice cream etc was making some of my teeth ache (I was just thankful that I didn't need a filling!) He gave me a sample tube of Colgate and I found that within a week it worked above my expectations - no more toothache - but I can't remember which specific type of Pro-Relief it was and I no longer have the tube. I didn't mind the taste of it and my tongue did tingle a bit after brushing my teeth but it IS a pain numbing product after all so that's a small inconvenience for pain free teeth and perhaps my gums are receding a bit too. I'm just wondering which one to buy so would appreciate any information you could give me on the difference between the two 'Repair' options. Thanking you, Suzanne.

Matthew
Matthewasked

Everyone is different....is a case of what works for you....all a can suggest give it a go see if it works for you?and post back your results after u used it for a couple weeks perhaps?

See all Colgate Sensitive Pro-Relief questions

Get an answer from our members and Colgate representatives

• GTIN14: 09300632072682