3Colgate Total

2.6

43% · 5367 · 55%

Sensitivity Improvement Yes · No
Whitening Improvement Yes · No
Taste
1.3
Can provide 12 hour protection
New formula is not popular

John151
John151AU33 posts

No response

Enquired about the difference between Total, Triple Action, Triple Action Cavity, etc and which one was best for me. Sadly, did not receive the courtesy of a response.
Colgate   DM

Hi John, we'd like to help. Please contact our Consumer Care team on 1800 802 307 if you have some questions.

angry ex-customer
angry ex-customer2 posts

Do you think your customers are stupid??

You have reached a new low for increasing price by injecting air into the tube to make customers think they are getting more than they really are. I HAVE BOUGHT MY LAST TUBE OF COLGATE TOOTHPASTE Show details
Colgate   DM

Hi, we’re sorry to learn of your experience with our toothpaste. We'd love to get some more details from you about your experience so that we can let our quality team know. If you haven't already, please contact us on 1800 802 307.

T D.
T D.Perth, WA

Colgate Total dental floss mint waxed 100m

Recently bought the 100m pack from Chemistwarehouse. The package label is sticker not printed, look cheap. Floss thread is so thick & rough. I got dental cap, once slip-in it stucked, can't pull out..... unless letting go off the inside fingers and pull the thread out with the fingers outside.

I used to buy the smaller pack. The thread was thinner, smother hence easier get between teeth and come out.

I wondered if they start selling oversea product for cheaper market ??? Poor design thread. Show details

Tatiana B.
Tatiana B.

Disappointed

I will never use this product again in the future.. It causes burns and open wounds on the surface of the tongue and gums. I've been suffering for two years and I didn't understand what was the cause. After I changed another brand, I came to the conclusion that Colgate caused me these discomforts and expensive visits to the doctor... Show details
Colgate   DM

Hi Tatiana B., we'd like to get some more information from you regarding your use of the product. If you haven't already reached out to our Consumer Care team please call us on 1800 802 307 so that we can help you further.

Jason12 posts

Margaret A.
Margaret A.

Awful toothpaste

Had used this for years, need to bring back old paste, now too runny just dissolves to liquid in mouth, has caused allergic reactions for me causing sore mouth, gums and tip of tongue and dry mouth. Will not be using in future.
Colgate   DM

Hi Margaret, thanks for your review. We are sorry you're not a fan however we're happy to help. Please give our team a call on 1800 802 307 so we can recommend a different product for you.

Zenande Fabian T.
Zenande Fabian T.

Colgate Optic white complain

So I bought the most expensive one, The Colgate Optic White and after 3 months of usage my teeth started developing a black lining from the gums and black spots on the teeth…I’m very disappointed.
trompfy
trompfyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC445 posts

The best toothpaste for your teeth

On Friday 20th January 2023 I purchased 3x 115g Colgate Total Advanced Clean so I can clean my teeth 2 or 3 times a day without having to worry about running out of it. Show details ·  1
Katherine B.
Katherine B.

Kaye
Kaye

Why change a winner

I have been using Colgate advanced whitening toothpaste for years. The box says “new and improved “ I beg to differ. It’s a totally different toothpaste. Actually, I’m not sure you can call it a paste, it’s too runny. My mouth doesn’t feel as clean or fresh after using it and it tastes weird.
It’s new but not improved.
Will not be purchasing again. Show details
Colgate   DM

Thanks for your feedback Kaye. We're sorry you're not satisfied with your recent tube of toothpaste. If you haven't done so already, please give our friendly team a call on 1800 802 307 so that we can help.

John
John2 posts

Bring back the old “advanced clean”

The new “anti bacterial” formula does not clean as well as the original. Show details
Trab
Trab2 posts

Why change a winner

Have used Colgate forever but the formula has changed it is very soft and runny and lacking that nice minty tase of the original. Have tried the whole Colgate range but they're all the same. Will go to another brand. Show details
Colgate   DM

Thanks so much for your feedback and support. We're sorry you're not a fan of the current range. Please give us a call on 1800 802 307 so one of our team can recommend a toothpaste that may be more to your liking.

Heather
HeatherGippsland, VIC

Not happy

Purchased Colgate Total, which I have done for many years but never again!! Noticed straight away that something was different about it . No substance in it, a very pale watery white colour and hardly any fresh taste. Very very dissatisfied Show details
Bill
Bill

Absolutely ruined perfect toothpaste

The new Colgate total formula August 2022 that has come out , is so bad. My mouth health and gotten worse and it gives me acidity. Does not clean at all or protect against bacteria all day. Can't believe they ruined my favourite toothpaste. I will be using different brand now. Show details
Susanne Porter
Susanne PorterHunter Region, NSW

Who destroyed Colgate Toothpaste?

I’ve always used Colgate Toothpaste, and Colgate Total as long as I can remember. The last tube had absolutely no substance, was almost watery and I presumed it was a dudd, but the next and the next tubes were the same, lasted 20% of the time of a tube of the old formula and certainly no fresh aftertaste whatsoever. Everyone complained! Will never buy again, how did they get something so wonderful so wrong, trying to force people to buy 4 times as much like when all the washing liquids were supposedly double strength for double price???? Only gave 1 star as it would not allow zero. Shame on Colgate!!! Show details
Colgate   DM

We appreciate your many years of support and we'd like to help. Please give our friendly team a call on 1800 802 307 (Mon - Fri, 7am - 5pm).

Jason

Does anyone have an old box of the "advanced Clean" (not the whitening one) and would be able to post a photo of the ingredients as shown on the box. I would really look to see what's changed recently.

The F.
The F.

What happened to the Colgate Total Care toothpaste? It would come in a small tube that was meant to be used after brushing with regular toothpaste and it says to avoid food and drink for at least 3hrs to make it work on the teeth. It did a very thorough job of cleaning the teeth and removed stains effectively, actually. Beats me why you take off the market something that works better than anything else!

Ken Ward
Ken Ward

What fluorine derivative ised in this product?

DrySensitiveSkinType
DrySensitiveSkinType

According to the box in my cupboard, it's 0.22% w/w Sodium Fluoride. Also contains Triclosan. Hope this helped.

brian
brian

If you want a proper fluoride treatment see your dentist / if you can afford it I suggest it it tastes like banana / if you can't afford it you could use the federal government dentist by phoning their 1300 number

Colgate Total promises a thorough clean and protection from bacteria for 12 hours, provided you’ve been using the toothpaste for 4 continuous weeks.

This toothpaste is also designed to protect against the formation of cavities, plaque, tartar build-up and damage to enamel.

It should be noted that reviews submitted over the last 2 years frequently cite problems with a new formula used in Colgate Total. Reports commonly included complaints of a burning sensation, dry mouth, as well as an unpleasant aftertaste and watery consistency.

A number of these reviews were written by people who had happily used Colgate for several years prior to the formula change.

CategoryToothpastes