Colgate Total

Colgate Total

See the Best Toothpastes in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

• Whitening Improvement Yes (0) · No (27)
  • Sensitivity Improvement Yes (0) · No (26)
  • Incentivised Review Yes (0%) · No (100%)
  • Taste

Tracey Pearce

Tracey Pearce

soap for teeth

Colgate might be better suited as a body wash, the taste is like soap that stays in your mouth without any fresh taste. This product is gross and I have gone to a more expensive brand for my family, never buying colgate again.

Purchased in November 2019 at Coles.

Taste
Sensitivity Improvement No

Agony

I am in agony the last two days with a huge sore on my tongue and 4 mouth ulcers with more appearing. I can’t eat I can’t talk and it’s all down to using Colgate toothpaste. My sister was using the same one and also had sores all Over her tongue. Absolutely awful

Purchased in December 2019 for $4.00.

Taste
Sensitivity Improvement No
HCW

HCWGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Foul *new* taste

Have been Colgate brand loyal for years. This soapy toothpaste is too much though. Foul taste during brushing that lingers for ages afterwards with no sense of clean and freshened breath at all. Terrible *improved formula*.

Purchased in November 2019 at Coles for $5.00.

Taste
Sensitivity Improvement No

Leaves a bad taste

Been using this for a bit, couldn't figure out why my mouth had a bad after taste and feel...It's the toothpaste! Something changed, but not buying it anymore. Feel like it's effected my gut too. Been off ever since I started using this.

Purchased at Costco.

Taste
Sensitivity Improvement No
Whitening Improvement No

New formula is burning us

My daughter opened a new Colgate Total and immediately complained that her mouth burned when using it. Then she noticed the New Formula on the tube. I tried it this morning and it foams a lot but the inside of my mouth did not feel burnt. Then the foam got onto my upper lip where I did feel the burning. Now I have a red line on my skin from where it touched me. I had the same reaction to the disinfectant they used on a resuscitation dummy. Colgate is going in the bin.

Purchased in November 2019.

Taste
Sensitivity Improvement No

Ian James Lake

Ian James LakeRichmond-Tweed, NSW

'NEW' colgate total formula is crap.

It was great before. The Triclosan actually made a huge difference with your teeth and gums not feeling furry.

And there really is no health issue if you rinse out your mouth with water after brushing i.e. the instructions for brushing is actually to just spit out the toothpaste after brushing, with no rinse.

Imho, they took a great product, and completely junked it. :(

Purchased in October 2019 at Coles for $5.00.

Kenny and Joy

Kenny and Joy

New Colgate Total 12 unpleasantly dominates taste buds for hours, thereby ruining their purpose.

Purchased in May 2019 at Chatswood Chase Coles supermarket for $4.00.

Taste
Whitening Improvement No

Tilly

Tilly

Disgusting Aftertaste

I have always relied on Colgate as my preferred toothpaste brand, but now it’s time to look elsewhere. Just purchased a new tube of the same Total 12 I always buy, but they’ve definitely changed the formula because this one is awful! The taste left in my mouth is like a mixture of soap and bile, and makes me feel nauseous. Needless to say, I will be throwing this away asap!

Purchased in September 2019 at Woolworths for $4.00.

Taste
Sensitivity Improvement No

Leaves a bad taste

I have always used Colgate toothpaste but for the past few months I have been left with a bad, almost stale, taste in mouth after brushing my teeth. It’s almost like I need to chew gum to get rid of the taste.
I now have about 5 tubes of different Colgate toothpastes from the gel to original in my bathroom hoping that one was the culprit but unfortunately all of them are leaving my mouth feeling the same.
I have read in other reviews that Colgate has changed their formula so before I visit my GP to check me for anything sinister due to this foul taste in my mouth can this be confirmed ?

Purchased in September 2019 at Coles for $4.00.

Taste
Sensitivity Improvement No
Jo Z

Jo ZLewisham

New formula is rubbish

I have been using Colgate Total for most of my life and never had a complaint until now. They have recently changed their formulas on all products (including "original") and they ALL taste horrible and do nothing to stop bad breath. From a bit of reading on the internet, it seems that they no longer use Triclosan, the antibacterial ingredient that helps stop bad breath. Given the outcry from everyone's recent reviews they should seriously consider going back to their original "original" formula. Until then, I will no longer be a Colgate customer.

Purchased in September 2019.

Taste
Sensitivity Improvement No

jazzymc

jazzymcSydney, NSW

Colgate Pro Clean Breath Toothpaste

We've used various Colgate toothpaste varieties and never really had a problem with the taste. However the PRO CLEAN BREATH taste horrible. Taste like its been contaminated with soap or some type of detergent. I called customer support/feedback and they informed me that this was a common complaint of this product.

Purchased in August 2019.

Taste
Sensitivity Improvement No
Whitening Improvement No

New formula is not for me.

Leaves an awful taste and feeling in my mouth, like some chemical residue has been left behind that I'm forced to swallow in my saliva as I eat breakfast, or at night as I sleep. Not even going to finish this tube. The fact that they pushed "great taste" in their ad campaign for this formula speaks volumes.

Wendy

WendyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Tastes like punishment.

Colgate Total Pro Clean Breath toothpaste tastes disgusting. The first time I used it, I thought I’d accidentally sprayed my toothbrush with tile cleaner while cleaning around the bathroom sink. Nope. The next day, the same soapy taste persisted, even though I had opened up a new toothbrush. Last time I tasted something as soapy was when mum washed my mouth out with actual soap for saying crude words. Binned after 2 uses.

Purchased in September 2019.

Taste
Sensitivity Improvement No

Stephen

StephenGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good product

I have used this as my go to toothpaste for years now. It always does the trick and seems to be priced reasonably at the supermarket. The taste and texture is good. Never any complaints. One suggestion though, avoid drinking orange juice after brushing

Purchased in July 2019 at Woolworths for $4.00.

Taste
Sensitivity Improvement No

Watery goop

I’ve loved the gel and couldn’t stand the paste but the new formula leaves me preferring the paste and even the paste is bad. I get the change in size while keeping the price the same or higher. That’s business. But the quality of the toothpaste is unacceptable. Both gel and paste are runny and foam. I’ll be looking for another toothpaste once the tubes I’ve purchased are done.

Purchased in April 2019 at Walmart .

Taste
Sensitivity Improvement No

Colgate Total “new formula” is awful

New Colgate Total Fresh Mint is awful....I thought it was just me but by the reviews others have the same thought I don’t even feel like I have a fresh breath after brushing...

Purchased in June 2019 at Walmart for $3.79.

Watery Colgate Total is Terrible

I agree with the observations of others. Actually the reason I checked is to see if others had noticed the same thing I've noticed. My wife and I have used Colgate for over 40 years. First, the toothpaste now almost flows out of the tube like water. I figure Colgate must be adding water to their formula to boost profits. I haven't really noticed a bad taste, but it doesn't taste as good as before either. And when our grandsons are brushing their teeth they are making a real mess because the toothpaste is so runny. Anyway, if they don't get the old formula and consistency back soon I will be looking for another brand of toothpaste.

Purchased in June 2019 at Superstore .

Taste
Sensitivity Improvement No

New formula is horrible

I have only used Colgate for my entire life, 70+years. A few months ago I picked up Colgate with New written on the box. It certainly is not as good as the original formula. It leaves the most horrible aftertaste and I am now looking for something other than Colgate as I want the fresh taste back in my mouth.

Purchased in March 2019 at Costco and Sobeys .

Taste
Sensitivity Improvement No

The new Colgate Total is HORRIBLE

I have used old-formula Colgate Total for over 10 years and it's the only toothpaste I've liked. The new version tastes TERRIBLE, leaves a horrible aftertaste, and does not make my teeth feel nearly as clean. I hate it. I bought Crest for the first time in my life this week. WHY did they change such a great product to such a terrible one?

Purchased in June 2019.

Taste
Sensitivity Improvement No

BFR

BFRHunter Region, NSW

Tongue & mouth raw

Colgate Total blue gel, stating anti-bacterial, anti sensitivity properties. Requires user to wash out once. Recommended by dentist. Switched from sensitive product. Within 6 weeks- Tip of tongue, edge & top of mouth irritation, throat sore. Loss of taste, all round redness in mouth & throat. If you find yourself going ""blah"" after using any toothpaste like this... STOP! Ingredient I think is the culprit is triclosan. Google that! Still on shelves and watch out for overseas products sold across all stores including chemists.

Purchased in April 2019 at Chemist for $4.50.

Taste
Sensitivity Improvement No