graemeandterri Brown

graemeandterri BrownFar North Queensland, QLD

Best Value by Far

We have had an annual policy for many years with Columbus, and even had a small claim which went through seamlessly, so of course when we wanted a policy to cover a 4 month holiday, Columbus was our first stop. Of course we checked others, but Columbus was the best by far.

DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii) and Pacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu)

JJB

JJB

Excellent price & cover

Columbus Direct online site was easy to navigate and cost & coverage offered were very good. They cover pre-existing conditions (at an extra cost.. but necessary for us) & natural disasters. We have now changed from our 'regular' Travel Insurance Provider to Columbus Direct. Have not made any claims, but have had to call their Sydney office and they were very helpful, answered questions etc etc. .. and no long on-hold queue :-) Only downside was that it only operates Mon-Fri 9-5

DestinationSouth America
Rusty

RustyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Quick and Easy

It was easy to navigate and Rate was reasonable compared to others I checked out. This is my second time to buy it but as yet have not made any claims. I am a Pensioner so price and pre-existing illnesses was a major factor for me. Hopefully I won’t need to claim but feel comfortable that they will cover any health issues that may arise while travelling.

DestinationEurope

Perfect for my needs

I like it for that fact its offered for non resident. Value for money. Easy to understand the policy. Took out twice and like the loyalty discount offered. Love it!!!

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)

Kim Hopkins

Kim HopkinsPerth, WA

Very helpful staff

I have been a member now for 2 years but have yet to make a claim so not sure how good they are until that time.
The policy has everything I wanted with the usual restrictions as other policies.
So far so good
recommended but read the small print.

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)

Garry B.

Garry B.

Essential for Travelling

Competitive pricing for a high level of coverage. Have had an annual premium policy for a number of years. Very simple process to arrange for a policy. Excellent customer service.

DestinationAfrica, East Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea) and Europe

Debbie

Debbie

Easy and cost efficient

Easy to find cost of a single trip but will use again. only travel once a year but well worth the policy. hopefully won't have to claim on this policy next year.

David.

David.

Good experience

We have just taken out annual insurance for the third year, this year we had a claim and it was handled as good as you could expect for an insurance company, if we are traveling through the year next year we will be taken out insurance with them again.

DestinationEurope, North America (inc. Hawaii) and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Claim MadeYes
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Julie D

Julie D

Haven’t used it but great value and coverage!

Good value by comparison and no claims. Bought it 3 times now over the last few years. Covers lots of different countries so can use it for multi trip and also for rental car insurance coverage to save money.

DestinationAustralia, Europe, New Zealand, North America (inc. Hawaii) and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
yancy m

yancy mGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great value insurance

The policy is great value and we will be using Columbus again. A work colleague told me about this product. We will be referring Columbus to all our friends from now on.

DestinationAustralia
Insurance Cover For:Child

Rhys

Rhys

Used it for years - I wouldn’t use any other company

I have used Columbus Direct Travel Insurance for years - both as an independent traveller and also now with my family of five. I recommend the company to everyone I know.

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Child

Stephen T.

Stephen T.Aranda 2614, ACT

Super easy

Haven't travelled yet. Purchasing the policy and the Web side were very easy to use and contained all the information I required. I have used them before and will definitely come back

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea) and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)

John S

John SHunter Region, NSW

Wouldn't leave the country without it!

Have decided it is too risky to continue to rely on credit card insurance given there are so many loopholes in most policies that make claiming and receiving a benefit too risky. The Columbus policy is clear on what is covered and when and gives you the option to drop coverage or pay for coverage for existing medical conditions up front. i opted to pay up front for a couple of minor health things that i take medication for. A couple of hundred dollars well spent if something were to happen and it hadn't been declared up front to the credit card based insurers. Hoping I'll never have to make a claim but confident that Columbus will come through if I do.

DestinationAfrica and Europe

sasha

sashasydney

Staff are amazing

It pays to call and not purchase online as I was unaware that if your cruising to PNG you must put Asia not PNG as you wouldn’t be covered for cruise

Insurance Cover For:Adult, Child, Senior and Teenager
Jennifer Wilson

Jennifer WilsonCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Perfect travel insurance

I have used Columbus for the last 8 years, and am always very happy with service, price and coverage. I'm sure I will continue with Columbus for all future travel.

DestinationAfrica
Geoff

GeoffGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good travel insurance at a good price

This was easy to select and purchase. So far no claims, and I hope to keep it that way.
The cover is adequate for me and my wife, and is good value.

Travel Insurance

The policy was great value, especially my husband having pre existing issues.
Have not undertaken our holiday as yet, take it in Sept/Oct.
This is the first timeI have used Columbus. Recommended by a friend.

Excellent value

My policy was easy to create and the site is user friendly. I was surprised at how low the premium was when compared with the other company I use from time to time. My only disappointment with Columbus Direct is that payment options are a bit limited. I would have purchased another policy I needed for later this year if I could have used PayPal or a different credit card to pay for the policy online. Other than that, I'm a satisfied client.

DestinationAustralia

cheryl milward

cheryl milwardGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

value for money travel insurance

I have been using Columbus travel insurance for over 10 years, and find the policy easy to create online,
and easy to understand, also good value for money. I will continue to use Columbus for any furture travel insurance

Carolyn W

Carolyn WMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Good price

Travel policy and medical assessments were easy, fair and at a good price. We've never made a claim, but pay premiums for pre-existing medical conditions. This was the lowest price policy for pre-existing medical conditions - grateful for that.

Jenniwren

Jenniwrenasked

Is the cost of an annual multi travel insurance for a couple (husband and myself) or is it individual.

Hi Jenni,

The price displayed on our online quotes is the total price for the number of travellers entered. So when requesting a quote for 2 people, the price displayed is the total price for both.

It’s worth noting that our policy cover limits and excesses apply per person. For Annual Multi-trip policies each adult is considered separately insured, and so you don’t have to be on the same trip for cover to apply.

Casey (Customer Care)

Jennyasked

I have insured with you in the past. I am now 60yrs old with diabetes Type 1 and multiple sclerosis, with no admissions to hospital for more than 30 yrs. Can I still be covered if I wish to take out a policy?

Jenny

I have previously had a policy with you. Now I have reached 60yrs, with both Type 1 diabetes & MS am I able to purchase travel insurance? I have not been in hospital for more than 30yrs & am well.

Hi Jenny,

We are often able to cover pre-existing medical conditions. We use a quick and easy medical screening process to assess cover for each customer's conditions individually.

Our screening process can be completed online. If you would prefer to speak to someone, I'd be happy to arrange a call for you. I've sent you a message with my contact details.

Thanks,

Casey (Customer Care)

T C

T Casked

Does your travel insurance policy cover the age over 80 years old?

Columbus DirectColumbus Direct

Hi T C – thanks for your question. We can cover travellers up to and including the age of 84 on our single trip policies. Our Annual Multi-trip policies and some sports cover add-ons, however, are only available to those aged under 70. You can enter your trip details and travellers’ ages into our online quote engine at https://travel.columbusdirect.com.au to check what cover is available. Alternatively, feel free to give us a call on 1300 669 999 to discuss your situation with our customer care team in Sydney. We hope you find what you’re looking for!

Granda
Granda

Yes it does but charges extra $ because the customer is 80 yrs and older. They also have strict exclusions.

Get an answer from our members and Columbus Direct representatives