Kim Hopkins

Kim HopkinsPerth, WA

Very helpful staff

I have been a member now for 2 years but have yet to make a claim so not sure how good they are until that time.
The policy has everything I wanted with the usual restrictions as other policies.
So far so good
recommended but read the small print.

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)

Garry B.

Garry B.

Essential for Travelling

Competitive pricing for a high level of coverage. Have had an annual premium policy for a number of years. Very simple process to arrange for a policy. Excellent customer service.

DestinationAfrica, East Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea) and Europe
Debbie

Debbie

Easy and cost efficient

Easy to find cost of a single trip but will use again. only travel once a year but well worth the policy. hopefully won't have to claim on this policy next year.

David.

David.

Good experience

We have just taken out annual insurance for the third year, this year we had a claim and it was handled as good as you could expect for an insurance company, if we are traveling through the year next year we will be taken out insurance with them again.

DestinationEurope, North America (inc. Hawaii) and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Claim MadeYes
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks

Julie D

Julie D

Haven’t used it but great value and coverage!

Good value by comparison and no claims. Bought it 3 times now over the last few years. Covers lots of different countries so can use it for multi trip and also for rental car insurance coverage to save money.

Insurance Cover For:Senior
DestinationAustralia, Europe, New Zealand, North America (inc. Hawaii) and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)

yancy m

yancy mGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great value insurance

The policy is great value and we will be using Columbus again. A work colleague told me about this product. We will be referring Columbus to all our friends from now on.

Insurance Cover For:Child
DestinationAustralia

Rhys

Rhys

Used it for years - I wouldn’t use any other company

I have used Columbus Direct Travel Insurance for years - both as an independent traveller and also now with my family of five. I recommend the company to everyone I know.

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Child

Stephen T.

Stephen T.Aranda 2614, ACT

Super easy

Haven't travelled yet. Purchasing the policy and the Web side were very easy to use and contained all the information I required. I have used them before and will definitely come back

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea) and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
John S

John SHunter Region, NSW

Wouldn't leave the country without it!

Have decided it is too risky to continue to rely on credit card insurance given there are so many loopholes in most policies that make claiming and receiving a benefit too risky. The Columbus policy is clear on what is covered and when and gives you the option to drop coverage or pay for coverage for existing medical conditions up front. i opted to pay up front for a couple of minor health things that i take medication for. A couple of hundred dollars well spent if something were to happen and it hadn't been declared up front to the credit card based insurers. Hoping I'll never have to make a claim but confident that Columbus will come through if I do.

DestinationAfrica and Europe
sasha

sashasydney

Staff are amazing

It pays to call and not purchase online as I was unaware that if your cruising to PNG you must put Asia not PNG as you wouldn’t be covered for cruise

Insurance Cover For:Adult, Child, Senior and Teenager

Jennifer Wilson

Jennifer WilsonCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Perfect travel insurance

I have used Columbus for the last 8 years, and am always very happy with service, price and coverage. I'm sure I will continue with Columbus for all future travel.

DestinationAfrica

Geoff

GeoffGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good travel insurance at a good price

This was easy to select and purchase. So far no claims, and I hope to keep it that way.
The cover is adequate for me and my wife, and is good value.

Travel Insurance

The policy was great value, especially my husband having pre existing issues.
Have not undertaken our holiday as yet, take it in Sept/Oct.
This is the first timeI have used Columbus. Recommended by a friend.

Excellent value

My policy was easy to create and the site is user friendly. I was surprised at how low the premium was when compared with the other company I use from time to time. My only disappointment with Columbus Direct is that payment options are a bit limited. I would have purchased another policy I needed for later this year if I could have used PayPal or a different credit card to pay for the policy online. Other than that, I'm a satisfied client.

DestinationAustralia
cheryl milward

cheryl milwardGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

value for money travel insurance

I have been using Columbus travel insurance for over 10 years, and find the policy easy to create online,
and easy to understand, also good value for money. I will continue to use Columbus for any furture travel insurance

Carolyn W

Carolyn WMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Good price

Travel policy and medical assessments were easy, fair and at a good price. We've never made a claim, but pay premiums for pre-existing medical conditions. This was the lowest price policy for pre-existing medical conditions - grateful for that.

Claim MadeNo

Read the fine print - carefully

DestinationEurope
Claim MadeYes
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateJune 2019
Claim ApprovedNo

Disillusioned

DisillusionedPERTH

Reliable value for money

I have used Columbus Direct several times and have found their policies easy to understand.
I feel that they offer value for money and it is a very easy online system to use with staff readily available to answer any queries.
I will use again

Rotaryrex

RotaryrexMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Real value for money

Great staff to work with they knew the product and able to tailor the policie to suit me and real easy to set up. I have yet to make a claim. Just read what you're covered for and make sure it's what your want the annual cover for oldies like me is great i can now afford to travel. Thanks

Robyn B.

Robyn B.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent service. Great quote. Value for money.

Always helpful on phone explain what's is and what's not included in policy. Excellent rates it's our third time with travel insurance. Haven't had to make a claim hopefully they are just as good if the need arises.

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)

Jennyasked

I have insured with you in the past. I am now 60yrs old with diabetes Type 1 and multiple sclerosis, with no admissions to hospital for more than 30 yrs. Can I still be covered if I wish to take out a policy?

Jenny

I have previously had a policy with you. Now I have reached 60yrs, with both Type 1 diabetes & MS am I able to purchase travel insurance? I have not been in hospital for more than 30yrs & am well.

Hi Jenny,

We are often able to cover pre-existing medical conditions. We use a quick and easy medical screening process to assess cover for each customer's conditions individually.

Our screening process can be completed online. If you would prefer to speak to someone, I'd be happy to arrange a call for you. I've sent you a message with my contact details.

Thanks,

Casey (Customer Care)

T C

T Casked

Does your travel insurance policy cover the age over 80 years old?

Columbus DirectColumbus Direct

Hi T C – thanks for your question. We can cover travellers up to and including the age of 84 on our single trip policies. Our Annual Multi-trip policies and some sports cover add-ons, however, are only available to those aged under 70. You can enter your trip details and travellers’ ages into our online quote engine at https://travel.columbusdirect.com.au to check what cover is available. Alternatively, feel free to give us a call on 1300 669 999 to discuss your situation with our customer care team in Sydney. We hope you find what you’re looking for!

Granda
Granda

Yes it does but charges extra $ because the customer is 80 yrs and older. They also have strict exclusions.

Stacey Ambrosoli

Stacey Ambrosoliasked

Do you offer cruise cover? What about the clause stating that you cannot make a claim in regards to delay due to weather? What if the cruise could not go due to severe weather conditions- would this be covered? Thanks.

Columbus DirectColumbus Direct

Hi there – Yes, we do offer cruise cover. Travelling by cruise is actually included as standard with all our international policies – you’ll just need to make sure you select the correct area of cover, taking into account any international waters your ship sails into. Our policies do provide certain cover for a travel delay of at least 6 hours due to adverse weather conditions. However, if your cruise company decided to cancel the cruise altogether due to severe weather, unfortunately there would be no cover. It might be worth confirming your cruise operator’s conditions for such events, as they may entitle you to a refund and/or the option to reschedule your cruise. To find out more about our cruise cover, you may want to take a look at the Cruise Travel Insurance page on our website (http://www.columbusdirect.com.au/travel-insurance/cruise-travel-insurance/), which includes a question-and-answer section. If you have further queries, we’d be happy to answer them – just give us a call on 1300 66 99 99.

Get an answer from our members and Columbus Direct representatives