Commonwealth Bank

Commonwealth Bank

Branches, Online
1.7 from 1,264 reviews

• Topics
    • General Transactions (116)
    • Loan Application (51)
    • Business Banking (38)
    • Credit Card Application (30)
    • New Account (24)
    • ATM Experience (23)

amir g.

amir g.Sydney, NSW

So unfair with customers

I have my home loan with CBA and been paying Interest & Principal.
I thought to switch to Interest only for a year so I can spend some money on landscaping without applying for top-up or getting personal loan.

Few days ago I rang CBA and I was told that it needs another assessment.
After 2.5 hours on the phone I got rejected!!!

May I ask you decision makers at CBA that if you think I cannot pay Interest only repayments, how should I be able to pay Interest & Principal?

I work for another bank but my loan is with CBA because I was believing in their customer experience.

Sorry to say that I’m totally regretful for being with CBA now.

TopicLoan Application

Alan B.

Alan B.South East Queensland, QLD

The worst Bank ever.

Kgoods

Kgoods

Absolutely atrocious "too big to fail" mentality

TopicBusiness Banking and General Transactions
Sina S.

Sina S.Sydney, NSW

Conflicting information! Poor options for long standing clients.

J.S

J.Ssydney

Credit Card Greed

Had a credit card for $4000 with CBA. Paid it off after bad experience with their excessive force over chasing a missed payment . The staff are trained to simply collect immediately any missed payment regardless of reason or situation. Its all about the money for them and nothing else. There was another 9 cents applied as interest after I paid out the card and I have been receiving collection letters ever since in the mail for this 9 cents.

TopicCredit Card Application

Paul

Paul

Poor Service

Cannot believe that I was on hold for 1.5 hours to speak to someone.....what pathetic service by the Commonwealth Bank...but they can make billions of dollars profit what a great Australian Company NOT

Prabhu Arumugam

Prabhu ArumugamSydney, NSW

Upto 2 weeks to open account?!

Please invest money on your customer verification team , making small businesses wait for 10+ days to even activate an account is like saying you don't want our business. On the contrary westpac seem to do it in 45 mins when u walk in. I am starting to regret even before starting here.

TopicBusiness Banking and New Account

Roberta

RobertaDarling Downs, QLD

Thank-you Com bank

When the travel company that we booked overseas accomodation through went bust ( only discoverd this at check in ) leaving us $4000 + out of pocket we tried to claim through our Woolworths travel insurance but they would not help in any way, Commonwealth refunded the money as we had paid both time using our Commonwealth credit card . Thank-you

Mez

MezGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Nearly 4 months to receive credit cards!!!!!

The company has been with the bank for many years, there has been a merger and we have been waiting to receive the new company credit cards for nearly 4 months - started the process in November 2019. There is no reason why this is taking sooo long all entities have been successfully identified and verified. I would suggest we move to another bank but I am not the only person involved. This is ridiculous that a company is being limited and controlled by the ineptitude of the team putting this process together.

TopicCredit Card Application
Tea

Tea

Mount Lawley branch

Absolutely horrible customer service , racist and arrogant. Never have I experienced such bad customer service in my life and I have had many different friends and family experience the same or similar situations

Jasna

JasnaPerth, WA

bad customer service at Mount Lawley branch

I have been with this bank for 23 years, on 06/02/2020 I went into the Mt Lawley branch to sort out my finances, which I was previously advised to do by Commonwealth Bank. I was greeted by a very rude woman who advised me that what I wanted to do was not possible. After speaking to the manager I was told that the woman who served me first was incorrect. The woman then continued to tell me she was correct and I was told by management that I have to understand cultural difference. Customer service has nothing to do with cultural differences as this woman was rude from the start of my experience and proceeded to give me false information.

Vin

VinSouth East Queensland, QLD

Big in size-pitiably small when it comes to service

TopicBusiness Banking and General Transactions

Drummed into

Drummed intoMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Unnecessary bank charges and poor add on's

Banked with them for 5 plus years, Moved our mortgage to a much better rat, also we couldn't understand the ideology behind there charges and adjustments to get a better rate, they were always in the banks favour. Plus a whopping admin charge or "Bank Fees' (or bank's 'Mouse click tax') for moving to another provider after 5 years of banking - what a way to say goodbye to a customer. Not to be recommended at all.

Kinjal

KinjalGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

very poor online service.

i am with bank more than 10 years and this bank can not increase your credit limit.they can not identifiy over the phone and you need to go to bank to identified your self and waiting time in bank is 1 hour and branch is 30 minits far.so just identified your self you need to go to bank.such a time wasting opinion.

TopicCredit Card Application and General Transactions
Julie

Julie

Would give Zero if I could

I had issue with a CBA ATM I followed t correct process with no outcome from CBA. Posted on Facebook CBA removed post no abuse or swearing was in post.

TopicATM Experience
LJG

LJGDuffy 2611, ACT

Hard to Contact

So far over 2 hours on hold on multiple phone calls, they assume I have infinate time to waste waiting for them. Website forms don't work which is why I have to call, the message says to call back later because they have a lot of calls (this is a standard message I have received when I have called back 3 times and waiting on hold for 30 + minutes each time without getting through to anyone. No call back facility.

Just dumb, and they charge you if you go into a branch to get anything done!

TopicBusiness Banking, Credit Card Application and New Account

International money transfer

Commonwealth bank, is terrible to receive money from international money transfer.. They always hold our money for 3 days.. Very bad service. I think they should improve their services far better.. They should learn from Asian countries.

TopicBusiness Banking

Kath

KathPerth, WA

Online for over 30 minutes been with this so Called Bank for over 30 years

Over 30 years with this bank, my husband and myself, and I now have given up having a mortgage or any credit facility with them, although, I have put my son into an account with them, and being to regret this move. They unprofessionally, leave me on line waiting for over 28 minutes at 6.30 pm. Can I just say I do not give contempt to the staff manning the phones, as they are at the mercy of their Management. However, I did give feedback asking was my phone call being recorded, to please have call back facility or at the very least some reporting measure of scam on my account. Also resent being over 50 years off age and being treated as a moron by the bank, as I run my own online business and I am quite capable of online proficiency

TopicBusiness Banking

Dan Boyd

Dan BoydLaunceston, TAS

Deloraine Branch

The staff at the Deloraine branch are always great. Very helpful and friendly. International money orders are quick and efficient. Transactions over the counter are always seamless and easy. A great experience.

TopicATM Experience and General Transactions

Veronika

VeronikaGold Coast

Trying to call the bank since Friday

It takes 1 -2 hours if you are lucky for someone to answer your call with this bank.
Keep getting messages to call them , but it’s impossible. Very unprofessional for such a big bank and very frustrating!

Nicky G.

Nicky G.asked

Why do you make it so hard to apply for the streamline basic account? why can't it be done online like everything else? I've recently had to cancel my contents insurance due to my financial situation and I get charged fees still even cancelling one day after it was debited, you charge fees for every little thing and make it so awkward for people to even know the streamline basic account exists!
It ridiculous the amount of fees I have been charged over the years not knowing an account option like this was even available. Not happy!

Choppa
Choppa

That's strange as I opened mine online does it come under transaction account maybe. I have had it with commbank I have cancelled all my accounts with them and so have all my family I recommend opening one with westpac they are all skilled and know what their doing commvank has no idea and their staff are hopeless

ask the bank

Fired Up

But I dont make it hard.

Debra Ratcliffe

Debra Ratcliffeasked

How to log in to my updated app. I know the password but there is no log in button now.

ask the bank

Greg McDonalDasked

Just following up on my earlier post. I have made for attempts to repay outstanding arrears on four occasions but the bank refuses these offers. Now I am starting to think the bank actually wants the house which is one three acres with lake frontage; five bedrooms, pool, spa, six-car garage etc. I have had been told by several sources that banks often attempt to sell homes as mortgagee in possession situations to either resell at a profit or earmark for bank staff. Does anyone have any first-hand knowledge of this sort of thing? I have also written to three bank representatives from the bank to ask if staff members get a kickback if they are successful in forcing a homeowner to sell up. I only got two replies from the three letters sent and both said there was no financial benefit. Should I believe that no one at the CBA bank would tell an untruth [cough].

Fired Up

Mortgagee sales can be quite cheap. When will it go on the market?
I pray your cough gets better soon.

Greg McDonalD

Have I been scammed; or is this really a reply from someone at the CBA?

john smith
john smith

the cba wont answer you here

Get an answer from our members and Commonwealth Bank representatives