Online, Branches

1.7

1,481 reviews

Unbelievebly slow wait times

So disappointed in the quality of Commonwealth Bank's customer service. The wait times on the phone are unbelievably long. I spent over 6 hours on hold over three days trying to get through to report debit card fraud. Commonwealth Bank notes that in cases of fraud, the customer should contact the bank IMMEDIATELY. This is hardly possible with their current set up. There is no option to leave your number and be called back later. No option to lodge a report online. The only option is to waste hours on end waiting on hold. In the mean time, I'm out hundreds of dollars from fraud.

I've been a loyal customer with Commonwealth Bank for 20 years, however after this waste of time and money I'll be moving to another bank instead.

John D

John DPerth

Transaction history page

The new/updated transaction history page is terrible. Previously we could view approx 20 transactions per screen page, now we can only view 4 transactions per screen page. You have to constantly scroll up and down the screen to reconcile recent transactions. This is so bad it defies logic. Go back to the old transaction layout or start a focus group with customers who know best.

Trash talking fakes

Tell you what you want to hear and have no actual way of doing so
Lost my credit card waited an hour to get through to cancel it seriously support is a joke try to talk to a staff member over the phone within an hour good luck and not like they don't know about it, they decide to leave not resolve it. Guess they put all the staff front centre on taking all our cash period.

Ebony B.

Ebony B.Hunter Region, NSW

Overly long wait times!!

Lost patience with CBA. Honestly never have waited so long on the phone to be answered.
I have waited almost two hours to receive a call back! I am on the phone - still on hold now after I selected the option for them to return my call!
You really need to fix this problem & provide a better solution because it isn’t going to make anyone happy waiting that long

Barbara

BarbaraSydney, NSW

Phone wait time is ridiculous!

Been with bank for over 10 years. Phone wait times are now horrendous. Tried to take care of issue online and was told that I must talk to a human; given a number and 30 minutes later still waiting. They didn't send me a new debit card.

mikevdz11

mikevdz11

Customer Service - Poor

Amazing in these times that a bank still sees its customers as a number.
Especially CBA, a supposedly leader in banking in Australia.

really bad form from CBA. No care attitude.

I do know its all about the people and if CBA employs people who are not customer service orientated, well, customers will leave the bank for another. Easy as that.

TopicCredit Card Application
Taryn

TarynSydney, NSW

Call Wait Times are Ridiculous

ssassha2

ssassha2

do commonwealth bank ever answer the phone

20 years with this bank but you cant get through on the phone... same message all the time... they are inundated with unusual amount of calls ... after 1 hour and 15 mins.... i had to hang up tried so many times to get through but same thing no matter what time of day. customer service is zero with this bank... so over it. rang at 5am (aedt 8am) and still same message how busy they are .. are 10 times trying to get through im fed up with commonwealth bank. changing banks

Other Banks
3.6
Ashley P.

Ashley P.Sydney, NSW

Cba customer

They treat their customers like rubbish there is no respect. The workers are narcissistic lazy and could not care less about their customers. They talk a friendly jibe only to make you wait ridiculous time frames reject requests and charge you more money every chance they get. Need help or flexibility look elsewhere. They will do whats best for them at all times and that means exploiting you to the maximum. They don't care about complaints or bad feedback they are too big for that. They think their previous government owned status will protect them from their wrongdoings.

TopicGeneral Transactions and Loan Application

Trisha W

Trisha WPerth, WA

Absolute crap show, on hold over 3 hours

Absolute joke waiting times

Each and everytime I need to speak to someone, I've been put on hold for 2 hours. That's such a joke, 2 hour waiting times. To top it off, I've had my call hung up on whilst on the queue need ING to wait another 2 hours. CBA can't use COVID as an excuse as I've had calls to ANZ go through with only a 3-5 min wait time.

Ash

AshYallourn north

Ridiculous wait times

I dont understand how you can be approved for a personal loan in 6 hours but takes 24 hours for a bank transfer ridiculous. Had to drive around for 4 hours while I waited for a bank transfer to approve after I purchased a van. Even though it's my own money

Michelle

MichelleSydney, NSW

Long wait time & rediculous home loan preapproval process

I've baked with Commbank for 28 years. When I sold my property and needed a pre-approval to purchase a larger property, it took 5 weeks of limbo to get a pre-approval, and Commbank ended up saying they weren't issuing pre-approavl, setting my home loan purachse back 5 weeks. It was an unbelieveably stressful time. And now to call them and get phone assistance, it's over 45 mins to speak to someone. Commbank you're an absolute joke!

TopicGeneral Transactions and Loan Application
Andrew

AndrewGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Extremely poor form CBA

I have been with the CBA for 45 years and watched their service deteriorate. I have been on line waiting for up to 2 hours many times. Very poor service. I now only have one move left and this is to close all accounts and move on. BYE BYE CBA.

TopicBusiness Banking and General Transactions
Naomi Gale

Naomi Gale

Customer service

Some things can't be done online. I've called 3 times now as needed and wait times are 40mins plus every time I've called. I've put in complaints but no changes.

spadger

spadgerNew South Wales

Hard to contact

Worse mobile update ever

In general, I don’t like the new appearance of the mobile app. It is very confusing. It feels like a copy of NAB’s and CityBank’s mobile app. It is normal to try to enhance but not taking out the good things that you had in the past in the platform.

TopicBusiness Banking

Completely Unacceptable Wait Times on Phone

Steve

Steve

don't join commonwealth

Can't believe we swapped banks to these pirates. Cant even start our joint account due to the fact they didn't send out a temp password. On hold half an hour to be told I need to go into a branch. Only a bank would get away with such poor customer service.

TopicNew Account

Loot

Lootasked

Commonwealth Bank

I ‘ve been a customer of CBA for over 50 years with 2 home loans, credit cards and savings account.Never missed a payment or went into overdraft. Out of the blue, in August received notice that they were closing all my accounts ( except joint home loan). They gave me a months notice. Despite visits tool allows barb have and many phone calls no one would tell me why, just that they are allowed to do this and do not have to give a reason. We are not involved in money laundering, fraud or any questionable activity. We have not abused any employees. We have poured over my accounts to try and identify and transactions that might have raised a red flag but can find nothing.We went to AFCC but CBA just repeated they can do this and don’t have to give a reason. We are just ordinary folk who have done nothing wrong. Anyone else experience this?

Megs M.asked

Commonwealth Bank

Branch manager accused me of POA abuse. Brothers used threat of loosing apartment to cohere her to bank. They were agressive & saying horrible things about the POS. Mum tried to explain that she knows but brothers ignored her, they know she fragile since dad died and she’s grieving. They know she not to stressed, threatened or anything that could another stroke but they just so agressive she couldn’t get them to stop. Clearly agetated &’upset there was no duty of care about mums emotional state. Cba branch manager continued to rattle off amounts mums still persisting that I know about that but they didn’t listen and basically ignored mum and talked amongst themselves. Mum and I share everything - our money is both mum and mine. I do buy grog cerise’s, scripts, petrol moving costs - mum pays the 1/2 utilities and I pay half or whatever. Now my reputation as well as my deceased dads name is being slandered in my home town...that branch manager did not handle appropriately but sneaky. CBA did not contact mum regarding homeloan in arrears. Never in the 3-4 months this was accumulating did the bank advise. I have tried to communicate with them regarding sale of unit hold up due pandemic and the info said homeloans would get blah blah. I want this condescending woman fired for causing undue stress worry all because she ignored what mum was trying to tell her and just spoke to men. I came home after renovating to find a broken woman who’s glue was nearly dry crumbled again and so I started gluing pieces back on. Mum gave me bills to pay so I went to post office and advised decline. So I emailed branch manager advising have utilities to pay, can you arranged a letter so mum can read instead of comprehend that her utilities, prescriptions. And home repayments have now been rectified due to mum having account where the direct debit for loan. I have sent a few detailed emails & as yet 5 days have not received any explanation for mum or have even done anything are did you arrange for So my question is:
Did the branch manager follow procedure.
Did branch manager ignore my emails advising I can’t pay debit, scripts anything as have been blocked so who buys food pays bills now.. I have no idea. She’ll disregard my emails regarding house market during covid. should you make she you have your facts in order before defaming a persons reputation.

Alee will
Alee will

I am so terribly sorry to hear this has happened to you!!!Please contact the bank and ask to speak to a manager,this is disgusting behaviour!!

Megs M.

Tried she refused to see me ignored my emails. I’ve advised my solicitor. I’ve spoken with financial ombudsman and customer connect which help resolve issues but I don’t want resolves I want an apology to my mother and the person reprimanded. But Thankyou for you’re support - I’m still shaking my head at the assumptions and defamation x

James M.

James M.asked

Commonwealth Bank

what are the good and bad things of common wealth bank

alan
alan

they are the same as any other bank all bad no good

Megs M.

No duty of care. An aggressive branch managers who showed no duty of care of my “elderly” mother. Who sneered at me the first time I was introduced. So she accused me of POA abuse & that was incorrect but I received not apology still treated me like a criminal.

Other Banks