Branches, Online

1.7

1,362 reviews

Alee will

Alee willCentral Queensland, QLD

Would rather eat raw rats then deal with this bank

TopicGeneral Transactions

I will be cancelling my account with commonwealth as soon as I get my money back

TopicBusiness Banking

After years of visiting the same branch every 2 weeks, I was refused a large sum withdrawal, I’m now closing the account

The account has been active for over 40 years. I’m offered an transaction account with no interest on the $600 k in my passbook account. I’m closing the account. I went to withdraw a large amount and I was refused.

Mary H.

Mary H.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Withdrawal transaction fees

i was charge for withdrawal assistance? I thought the branches are there to help us not to charge us..i've been with the bank for a long time but this is ridiculous..thumbs down..

Axle F.

Axle F.

Getting a loan

The Commonwealth bank never helps pensioners or low income earners get any loans. Always says NO. The interest rate on one's account is appalling. The bank leaves its customers POOR. The bank gets all the money, makes trillions of dollars. To do what with it? When a person DIES they do not take the money with them or their belongings.

Niki Vee

Niki Vee

Customer service at it's worst...Laziest bank customer service - mirrabooka

Bobby

BobbyPerth, WA

Deplorable service

RS8573

RS8573Daylesford

Excellent customer service, but I've left after 29 years

I have been banking with CBA since the dollarmite days - 29 years - and today I closed all of my accounts.
I have to say that during that time the service was excellent. The call centre staff are helpful, the app is great, and they are one to the few banks that still have a branch in my small rural town. Even today, when I called to close my accounts, the operator was efficient and polite.
But after the Royal Commission, and my growing awareness of the amoral (if legal) practices of the Big 4, I just couldn't stay and fund that system anymore. I went and found a more responsible bank.

Nelle

NelleGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Another cut in services to a small town

So now the CBA bank in Yarra Junction closes between - 1-2 pm for lunch. So to go to the bank I need to take time off work. Profits before people.

Alberto Rincon

Alberto RinconGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

They Charge you fees even though you paid the debt.

The bank rob systematically to people. I paid the debt of a transaction in the category of cash advance and the bank continue charging me in the continues month cash advance fee..

Sam

SamGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Burnt twice, never again

No Care For Their Customers

Tania

TaniaSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Be warned

I have banked with commonwealth for 22 yrs, we have our mortgage with them & had many loans & credit cards over the yrs we have never defaulted on any payments.
Today I applied for a car loan & got declined because I took super out (covid) & paid off my credit card. Bank said looks like I’m in financial hardship because I accessed my super. I’m still employed & earning a income that is paid into their bank. What a joke this is how Commonwealth bank treat good customers.

steve

TopicATM Experience

Daniel H.

Daniel H.Canberra 2600, ACT

Credit Card Team- Hopeless Financial Assistance Team Hopeless

Had two loans with this bank, personal and car, paid off both about a week ago and they cancelled a credit card without leniency because of me not meeting their minimum requirements in repayments, despite both loans being paid off early, and not being at the limit of the card.

TopicBusiness Banking, Credit Card Application and General Transactions

Terrible service

Wait times terrible on phone, 40 minutes this morning, then I had to give up.
This afternoon, only a 15 minute wait to begin with, however I was then 'transferred' aka put on hold, again, for another 30+ minutes.
What annoyed me the most is that I elected to receive a 'call back'. Which I did get: a call from an automated voice that said 'hopefully my problems are resolved and hung up'. What is the point of that CBA? To annoy your customers?
The CBA has branches shut to 'meet phone service demands' apparently.
I'm looking forward to breaking up with this bank.

Lynne Smith

Lynne SmithMid North Coast, NSW

Very poor on most fronts

Am 70 years old and have been a customer since school banking as well as staff from the time I left school until I had my children. Slowly I have seen the service which had always been so good erode. But now my branch has ONE working teller and a FEE of $3- to be served. Disgusting!! I needed to withdraw a large amount of cash -far too much to be comfortable getting from an ATM. This is not looking after your customers. Australia has an aging population and there was quite a queue waiting to be served. I will now be looking at my options for my banking

JamieQueensland

Bank won't allow charge back for cancelled cruise due to COVID

I rang to initiate a charge back for a deposit I paid on a cruise that was cancelled by the operator and I have yet to receive a refund for $$$ paid. I was told the bank are auto declining all covid related charge backs for cruises. I could apply but it would be automatically declined. It's easy to see the bank are looking out for the travel agents and cruise operators rather than their loyal customers. The amount was small and only a deposit but still I will be cancelling all my accounts with this bank. Disgusting when there is no charge back recourse for services not supplied.

Ethan C

Ethan C

Call centre wait times are ridiculous.

Everytime I need to call them I need to be on hold for minimum 1 hour. I don't care whether we have a pandemic or the world is coming to an end. If they want to keep operating, they need to hire more call centre staff! Thank goodness my home loan is going to be refinanced with another bank in a couple of days. Sick of dealing with this lousy bank with terrible customer service.

James M.

James M.asked

Commonwealth Bank

what are the good and bad things of common wealth bank

alan

they are the same as any other bank all bad no good

James M.

James M.asked

Commonwealth Bank

what are the bad and good things of the common wealth bank

Frankasked

Commonwealth Bank

The online banking system is a joke... cannot search for past payment details, have to go through all transactions line by line. cannot believe such shxt system still exist in 2020

alan

I can search online banking on my commonwealth account for past payment details just by simply putting in the date i want to search. I have never had a problem

Frank

Their online search says we can search by

1.Using only the last 3 digits of a mobile number - not everyone use payID (mobile number) for payment
2.Using only a first name or a last name - not working
3.Using only the last 4 digits of an account number -not working

As a business account, we have lots of suppliers and cannot/should not rely on remembering each payment's date. What they should have is to click a supplier and search all payment in the past certain time frame, e.g. if I click AGL and search for all transaction in last say.. 365 day, I should get all my past payment (within 165 days) to AGL, rather than click in March/June/Sep/Dec. to search for all the payment details, it is even slower than download all data in excel file and apply a filter.