Branches, Online
1.7 from 1,382 reviews

1.7

1,382 reviews

Business banking

Get with the times and allow electronic signing, there’s plenty of certified platforms and other banks have rolled it out. There’s a pandemic and there are restrictions, yet businesses are expected to get signatures hand signed in person.

TopicBusiness Banking and Loan Application

Commbank Sucks

Worst. bank ever if there’s an emergency to get money to people and you can’t because of this 1st transaction garbage it’s utter crap you should be able to do whatever you like with your damn money dislike this putrid bank with a passion

TopicGeneral Transactions

Excellent service mobile loan manager Chris

After a terrible experience with st George loan manager a quick decision to try the commonwealth bank paid off as Chris saved the day. Chris was extremely helpful willing to assist and answer emails and calls at any time. He is also very knowledgeable in providing accurate information. I received amazing support from Chris being that im a first home buyer he made the experience stress free and pleasant to deal with. I received approval within 4 days (oppose to st George over a week and they were still asking for me to provide more information) I would highly recommend all to speak with Chris from Commonwealth bank

Shaun

ShaunGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great mobile app

I have been using commonwealth mobile app for years, easy to use, with a lot of useful features, seeing it was developed from a bare application to its current state makes me believe it will be even better in the future!

Srinivas

SrinivasIllawarra, NSW

HAPPY CUSTOMER

1 yr with the bank and am ok with the products. The phone service and in branch service was good. My mortgage lender did a good job in making sure the process was pain free. Decent rstes , not the best in the market , hut def best any CBA cust could get.
The only issue i had was with the credit card disputes team due to which i moved my credit card to Macquarie.
Otherwise would have given a 5 , if card service was good.

TopicGeneral Transactions and New Account

Absolutely Appalling Treatment!

Amie

AmieGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great customer service

I have been with this bank for 30 years plus. My recent customer service Team was friendly, helpful and Professional. They even expressed gratitude to my loyalty with them. It made me feel good.

James

JamesAU

Useless bank.

The only good thing about this bank is their online banking and mobile app. After this, their branches and staffs at just the opposite of their online banking and mobile app. CBA should invest more on their human resources as they did to their app and website.

Jdm

Jdm

Wish I could give them 0

Took them 3 weeks to do something that should of taken 3 min. Then under charged me and threatened me because I owed them money. Absolute bunch of clowns. Also spent 45min on the phone while I got transferred through 4 sets of hands. Definitely wouldn’t recommend

TopicATM Experience, Business Banking, Credit Card Application, General Transactions, Loan Application and New Account

0 compassion and Rude staff

They cancel my financial hardship and start the collection of my credit card debt even when I'm paying the repayments. The worst bank in Australia. I lost my Job and they don't help.

Taylan K.

Taylan K.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Leaving after 5 years due to Royal Commission

I am leaving Commbank due to the findings of them at the Royal Commission. I just cannot work with them due to their immoral way of doing business. They have the best banking app in the market. But not everything is technology. Banking is about trust. And I don't trust them anymore.

cathy_healy

cathy_healySouth East Queensland, QLD

Shame on you Commonwealth bank

I have been with this bank 26 yrs and have never asked for any help until now during covid 19 They said I am over committed so will cancel my cards if I ask for a deferral of 2 months at 9 %.
Shame on you, Westpac is a much better bank who actually helps.

olivera

oliveramelbourne

the customer review team

been with bank many years however due to comolaint the customer complaints guy charlie had been very arfogant since i had unresolved issues he was not very happy to help i deceided to cease my banking with them is from customer relations group felloe who didnt helped terribile service even i cancel case with afca over unresolved staff

CJ W

CJ WSouth East Queensland, QLD

For the best bank in Australia they are the Worst

This bank is the richest Australian bank yet they charge account keeping fees, they invest in fossil fuels and they have no (No annual fee) credit card which would be nothing as a lot of other banks have no annual fees.

TopicNew Account
Gab

GabSydney, NSW

Terrible! Not prepared to offer competitive rates even after stating they would! Don’t waste your time here!!

I Went from a CBA investment loan to a owner occupied loan! Was told the change In comparison rate would come down to 2.80% in writing. Loan changed to owner occupier but at a much higher rate. Requested to have if decreased as per previous discussions and writings. This has gone back and forth for the last 3 weeks with very little response or feedback. Finally got told today that they cannot offer this rate as its for new how home loans only. If this is the case why wasn't that stated from the beginning? Absolutely disgusted with cba’s actions and treatment! Don’t waste your time here go elsewhere

myredcar

myredcarSouth East Queensland, QLD

It works and then doesn't work

I tried to transfer some money to my teenager, I use an iPhone 7 with a Telstra business sim within direct line of site of a Telstra Tower not 2km from a capital city CBD. Every other app worked fine, I could not log on with my thumb print, nor my access code. An hour later, Commbank returned my call and asked me to delete the app and reinstall. What the hell? It should be fixed from the back end by the developers, I should not have to waste half an hour of my time to delete and reinstall and then reinstall security settings. No happy at all.

TopicBusiness Banking
mcd

mcdCharlestown

Ceba, the most useless thing I've encountered

Commmbank, Ceba is the most frustrating experience I've had. Ceba is like a bouncer who refuses to provide access and help. Ceba just keeps blocking all requests to speak to someone. All I want to do is chat to a real person online. Why is this impossible to do??????

Nick

NickSouth East Queensland, QLD

Zero compassion

Nikolay

NikolayBelconnen 2617, ACT

Will not bother calling them again

TopicCredit Card Application
Uber

UberNew South Wales

Forget it, life is too short

I am still on hold, on a mobile phone, having dialled direct from the Commbank app, after 35 minutes.
What a disgrace.

Question: What kind of mega-profitable private business refuses access to itself for its customers?
Answer: One that holds their customers in contempt.

Megs M.asked

Commonwealth Bank

Branch manager accused me of POA abuse. Brothers used threat of loosing apartment to cohere her to bank. They were agressive & saying horrible things about the POS. Mum tried to explain that she knows but brothers ignored her, they know she fragile since dad died and she’s grieving. They know she not to stressed, threatened or anything that could another stroke but they just so agressive she couldn’t get them to stop. Clearly agetated &’upset there was no duty of care about mums emotional state. Cba branch manager continued to rattle off amounts mums still persisting that I know about that but they didn’t listen and basically ignored mum and talked amongst themselves. Mum and I share everything - our money is both mum and mine. I do buy grog cerise’s, scripts, petrol moving costs - mum pays the 1/2 utilities and I pay half or whatever. Now my reputation as well as my deceased dads name is being slandered in my home town...that branch manager did not handle appropriately but sneaky. CBA did not contact mum regarding homeloan in arrears. Never in the 3-4 months this was accumulating did the bank advise. I have tried to communicate with them regarding sale of unit hold up due pandemic and the info said homeloans would get blah blah. I want this condescending woman fired for causing undue stress worry all because she ignored what mum was trying to tell her and just spoke to men. I came home after renovating to find a broken woman who’s glue was nearly dry crumbled again and so I started gluing pieces back on. Mum gave me bills to pay so I went to post office and advised decline. So I emailed branch manager advising have utilities to pay, can you arranged a letter so mum can read instead of comprehend that her utilities, prescriptions. And home repayments have now been rectified due to mum having account where the direct debit for loan. I have sent a few detailed emails & as yet 5 days have not received any explanation for mum or have even done anything are did you arrange for So my question is:
Did the branch manager follow procedure.
Did branch manager ignore my emails advising I can’t pay debit, scripts anything as have been blocked so who buys food pays bills now.. I have no idea. She’ll disregard my emails regarding house market during covid. should you make she you have your facts in order before defaming a persons reputation.

Alee will
Alee will

I am so terribly sorry to hear this has happened to you!!!Please contact the bank and ask to speak to a manager,this is disgusting behaviour!!

Megs M.

Tried she refused to see me ignored my emails. I’ve advised my solicitor. I’ve spoken with financial ombudsman and customer connect which help resolve issues but I don’t want resolves I want an apology to my mother and the person reprimanded. But Thankyou for you’re support - I’m still shaking my head at the assumptions and defamation x

James M.

James M.asked

Commonwealth Bank

what are the good and bad things of common wealth bank

alan
alan

they are the same as any other bank all bad no good

Megs M.

No duty of care. An aggressive branch managers who showed no duty of care of my “elderly” mother. Who sneered at me the first time I was introduced. So she accused me of POA abuse & that was incorrect but I received not apology still treated me like a criminal.

James M.

James M.asked

Commonwealth Bank

what are the bad and good things of the common wealth bank

Other Banks