Commonwealth Bank

Commonwealth Bank

Branches, Online
1.7 from 1,214 reviews

See the Best Banks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Don't bother with CBA Bank

I wanted to switch our credit cards from Westpac to Commonwealth, because Westpac doesn't have Apple Pay. (we have a lot of assets, properties,shares,cash deposits great credit rating etc.)
What a horrific idea to go to Commonwealth...their credit card department asked for the information they needed over several contacts with my wife & me. They do not give you a complete list at the start. We wasted 2 visits to a branch & countless documents emailed only to find that again & AGAIN & AGAIN !!!they asked for something else. Why not ask at the beginning.On the last occasion I told them to forget the whole thing.Documentation to buy a house is much easier. Insulting. ANZ,Westpac was so easy.

TopicCredit Card Application

Krestine B.

Krestine B.South East Queensland, QLD

Excellent Service

The customer sevice agent was extremely helpful and very accomodating in making sure the money that has been transferred to my account be done real time. Definitely compassionate. I commend her for her excellent service indeed.

Inzy C.

Inzy C.Sydney, NSW

Fantastic service from Kapil and Robbie at CBA Norwest

Went in with an initial consultation with Kapil and Robbie after previous broker took too long submitting my application due to them getting too many applications.

Robbie worked on my application instantly and got an answer within a few days. Funding was done on time for my land. Following this, I had also done a construction loan with Kapil at Norwest branch and it has been a fantastic service so far. Very quick and efficient service. I'm always kept up-to-date either via SMS or on the online home loan tracker unlike other lenders who leave you in the dark.

Wealth Package offers great value for money. I highly recommend Kapil at Norwest, NSW CBA Branch.

TopicLoan Application
Sarah

Sarah

Worst customer service

Long term customer, called recently to update my details only to be left on hold for 20 minutes and when the agent answered, was asked about all this information to verify my details and questions that I had forgotten answers too and then could not continue the conversation and asked to go into a branch. I wouldn't have called to begin with if it was easy to go to a branch during work hours. What a waste of time, will reconsider banking elsewhere.

Suzieq

SuzieqSydney, NSW

Branch closure & ATM removal

Its bad enough that the Commonwealth Bank have closed their branch in Oatley but they have taken the ATM as well !!!
At least when St George closed they left the ATM!
Now we have no banks in Oatley and only one ATM!
If that fails we are stuffed!
Great customer service hey!

TopicATM Experience

Customer service

I have had a business account with cba for approximately 22 years and the service from staff in branches has declined over these years and I am so glad for on-line banking so as I dont have to deal with staff. The attitude is that they are doing you a favour if they give you service not that without customers they wouldnt have employment. Today I had to cancel cheque with was stolen from one of my customers. I was greeted by a totally unfriendly person who forgot that I have a business account with a rather large balance. I guess that a smile would have been pleasant and abliging attitude would have been appreciated instead of total unfriendly attitude and no customer service.

TopicBusiness Banking and General Transactions

IvyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Bank that put their interests before customers to gain profits

Over 10yrs with the bank. Made many errors in my home loans and I have to pay for their mistakes. Unreliable and unprofessional bank.
Terrible customer services, lies and threats to get their way.

TopicATM Experience, Business Banking, Credit Card Application, General Transactions, Loan Application and New Account
Ivy

The key word is useful and quality

Not like human robot customer service or working attitude of some companies , the CBA actually provide really useful service understand and solve your problem. I would really thanks to Mr Brandi and other staffs helped me to solve the issue.

Mico Cologne W.

Mico Cologne W.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

To be expected overall reviews

I have been a loyal CBA consumer for 2+ decades.
Despite CBA's already mixed and downgraded reviews by most CBA
consumers. I maybe considering changing or upgrading too Finlease.
Which seem to already have 5/5 reviews & mostly excellent feedback from
co existing Finlease Banking consumers.

Gary

GaryBrisbane

Breaches

For more than 53,000 transactions that allowed millions of dollars to flow through to drug importer, yet we cant get a Eftpos merchandise for a school. Well done guys for your service.

TopicBusiness Banking, Credit Card Application and New Account

Terry

TerryMid North Coast, NSW

Negligent financial management

I have only just heard about this site. My wife and I joined CBA in 2005. We put over $200,000 into Colonial First State (CFS) pension fund through CBA advisor. It increased in value but a drop in the market was clearly indicated. I wanted to get out. CFS talked me out of it. I lost well over $40,000 if interest is included. Financial Ombudsman gave me $23k. CBA wrote to me and said ASIC wanted my case reviewed. I wanted all of it reviewed. CBA refused Financial Ombudsman permission to do so. The banks fund the Ombudsman. What chance did I stand?

Kandi

Kandisydney

Worst customer service, wasting customers time

applied for a credit card, given all the documents as requested. they dont ask all at once, they will ask items on adhoc basis, they dont directly call you. we need to call them and listen to music for 45 minutes. very bad experience too much to write, worst customer service ever. no updates, no messages to update the customer. inexperience staff and analyst.

TopicCredit Card Application

Anju

AnjuMelbourne

Shop Around - much better rates out there

We've had our home loan with commbank for over 6 years. We've NEVER missed a payment. In fact we've consistently paid more than the commank prescribed minimums so that we have a huge redraw amount available to us if required. Similarly, our credit cards with commbank have always been paid on time. We have a perfect credit rating .Despite our loyalty to commbank, commbank will not look at lowering our interest rate and they definitely have better rates out there. If you are an existing member, they dont care about you anymore. Our request is reasonable - take us off the expensive wealth builders package and offer us the same rate you're offering new customers.
My advise - shop around and avoid commbank.

Marlo

MarloGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Appalling treatment

Appalling treatment when lost wallet even tho signature on file and had ph with ph app with fingerprint ID. Still treated like a potenial criminal not the distressed long time customer I am who pays huge fees!! And they were very unhelpful when I asked how to do cardless withdrawal. Very unhappy

101Illawarra, NSW

What a joke!

How can you not be aggressive, when you have waited for over 45minutes on the phonefor an enquiry to be addressed, now nearing 10pm...so I gather customer service rep. will answer my query.
Considering the banks make a hefty profit, giving back to their clients/customers via hiring more staff would salve my anger/frustration.

Bianca.C

Bianca.CGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Comm Bank now at its worst

Smith

Smith

Customer service Horrible!

I went to tuggeranong branch twice and provided me different information for same topic! Their staff are incompetent to serve a customer and don't know how to talk a customer.

TopicBusiness Banking

Zubat

ZubatGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Really, really screwed me over and require better training of their staff to understand how their products work.

TopicGeneral Transactions and Loan Application

1990nathan

1990nathanWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Absolutely Useless. I Will never bank with this lot again!!

Sat on hold for over an hour trying to chase up wages that had taken 24 hours longer than normal to appear in my account.Finally after getting through I Wasnt helped Or provided with any useful information. Absolutely Useless!!!

burnt

burntSouth East Queensland, QLD

loyalty what a disappointment !!!!

20 year plus customer applied for financial help several times. while out of work continually refused there answer was to sell my dept to a creditor.well done com bank that's customer service

Nicky G.

Nicky G.asked

Why do you make it so hard to apply for the streamline basic account? why can't it be done online like everything else? I've recently had to cancel my contents insurance due to my financial situation and I get charged fees still even cancelling one day after it was debited, you charge fees for every little thing and make it so awkward for people to even know the streamline basic account exists!
It ridiculous the amount of fees I have been charged over the years not knowing an account option like this was even available. Not happy!

Choppa
Choppa

That's strange as I opened mine online does it come under transaction account maybe. I have had it with commbank I have cancelled all my accounts with them and so have all my family I recommend opening one with westpac they are all skilled and know what their doing commvank has no idea and their staff are hopeless

ask the bank

fred f

But I dont make it hard.

Debra Ratcliffe

Debra Ratcliffeasked

How to log in to my updated app. I know the password but there is no log in button now.

ask the bank

Greg McDonalDasked

Just following up on my earlier post. I have made for attempts to repay outstanding arrears on four occasions but the bank refuses these offers. Now I am starting to think the bank actually wants the house which is one three acres with lake frontage; five bedrooms, pool, spa, six-car garage etc. I have had been told by several sources that banks often attempt to sell homes as mortgagee in possession situations to either resell at a profit or earmark for bank staff. Does anyone have any first-hand knowledge of this sort of thing? I have also written to three bank representatives from the bank to ask if staff members get a kickback if they are successful in forcing a homeowner to sell up. I only got two replies from the three letters sent and both said there was no financial benefit. Should I believe that no one at the CBA bank would tell an untruth [cough].

fred f

Mortgagee sales can be quite cheap. When will it go on the market?
I pray your cough gets better soon.

Greg McDonalD

Have I been scammed; or is this really a reply from someone at the CBA?

john smith
john smith

the cba wont answer you here

Get an answer from our members and Commonwealth Bank representatives