Commonwealth Bank

Commonwealth Bank

Branches, Online
1.7 from 1,292 reviews

• Topics
    • General Transactions (132)
    • Loan Application (55)
    • Business Banking (40)
    • Credit Card Application (32)
    • New Account (29)
    • ATM Experience (26)

Josh brown

Josh brownNorthern Region, NSW

Very poor phone answering

Been with them on and off for over 20 years.
Was on hold for 2 hours then phone died. Recharged phone and I am still on hold its been another 2 hours so to fill I time I'm writing this review. Very poor. You can take calls from home it's not hard answer the phone and let me get on with my day

TopicLoan Application
Alan

AlanIllawarra, NSW

Credit card early repayment

Anne

AnneVictoria

With what’s happening around the world. Look at the state of the ATM’s disgusting

Went today30/03/20 to the ATM at Tarnet & Look at how disgusting it is. Something needs to be done so they stay clean. With the seriousness of Covid-19 we need to invest maybe having wipes close by .

TopicATM Experience

Anonymous

AnonymousPerth, WA

2 hours on hold - what a joke!

I have been kept on hold waiting for 2 hours, for 2 days in a row now! I can't find my answer on the website, and I've tried emailing my personal banker, but apparently they've changed departments now and I need to call the main line. What an absolute joke!!

Harry A.

Harry A.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

Locked out of my own commbiz account: can't even shut it down.

TopicBusiness Banking
Linda

LindaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

worst bank I've ever experienced

Peter 101

Peter 101Perth, WA

23 Years as a customer; now goodbye!

Donna Lloyd

Donna LloydSydney, NSW

Get with the times CBA

We are in the midst of a global pandemic, all told to self isolate and I've just been informed by that despite having numerous accounts for many years I cannot open a new Term Deposit online for my elderly parents who I Am Power of Attorney for and who already have accounts. I can open any other account but not Term Deposit I need to go to a branch and the only way to get the special interest rate of 1.7% is to physically go to a branch. Good self isolation practices!

Brently

BrentlySouth East Queensland, QLD

Seamless Customer Service

Satisfied customer of CBA For 12 years and continuing. Seemless products, easy to understand, a bank I trust as they have such inclusive self service internet banking that I have the best and majority of power over my own finances. When I rarely require branch service, the customer service is next level, and smile, listen attentively and assist swiftly. Very Sstisfied.

Dylan

DylanPerth, WA

Try any other bank first.

I have been with this bank for 10 years because they had a branch that was close and convenient, but service has always been poor.
CBA has made announcements that they are keen to help those in need with regards to putting mortgage payments on hold but contacting them is impossible! At the time of writing this review I had already been on hold to them for 1Hr and 47 minutes!!!!

Cannot be trusted

Dont trust them this is the bank criminals in suits that conns the erderly especially the sick under duress into unlock senior equity loans ( reverse mortgages) knowing they cant pay it back then they take their homes this bank cannot be trusted stay away from them they have destroyed thousands of families with many taking their own lives. It looks like the royal commission taught them nothing.Head to smaller lenders stay away from the Commonwealth bank they are dishonest and couldn't care less about you.

Danni K.

Danni K.

Rude and Disrespectful staff.Please dont harass me!!!

Just got rudely harrassed and spoken to like crap by commonwealth bank this morning in regards to paying the other partys insurance.My internet was down and had tried to pay it via bpay as my pay didnt go through the first round.Your response to this outcome I can say is unprofessional and disrespectful at the very least.I am very unhappy so please do not contact me AGAIN!!!!

TopicGeneral Transactions

Best bank is australia. I have been with the commonwealth bank for 23 years.

Excellent bank. I have been with the commonwealth bank for 23 years. Always great service. I transfered money to the wrong account, the commonwealth bank cancelled it straight away. Love

TopicATM Experience, General Transactions and New Account
tigre

tigreAU

Card gets blocked for no reason

john 1604

john 1604sydney

They listened and helped

Having held my current visa card for almost 40 years i phoned to the call centre as i am expecting overseas hotels to refund my account due to the virus problem. I explained that i had all ready paid heavy transaction fees when i purchased the accom. in November and now would be charged again fees for the refund as i felt it unfair. The customer service man listened carefully and much to my shock waived the previous fees. Not what i was expecting but great service even thank me for being a long time loyal customer. Makes you feel like a human.

Jerldwyn B.

Jerldwyn B.Sydney, NSW

Unacceptable customer service

Scott S.

Scott S.Sydney, NSW

Terrible service, don’t admit their own mistakes

Been with CBA for 24-25 years. Over the past year I’ve been astonished by the things that seem to go wrong or occur. Bank made an error and deposited $16k into my account when my mother tried to deposit a cheque to her own, then withdrew the funds. All while not speaking with me once to ask my authority of what is happening with my account.

Multiple errors with loan applications where CBA at fault, though they have an attitude of “that’s your problem” and rejecting their mistakes.

Also requesting multiple documents which were not relevant and or required. Multiple requests to phone (generally on hold 45+mins) to be told there’s nothing wrong or that I didn’t need call.

TopicGeneral Transactions and Loan Application
kaycee

kayceePerth, WA

depends who you get.

I have a regular bank account and I'm perfectly satisfied. 95% of the workers are kind and helpful, but sometimes the hold times are ridiculous. They need more employees, however the app is very well developed.

TopicGeneral Transactions and New Account
Jarrod

JarrodGold Coast

Worst customer service there is

Whenever I call to try to solve simple things. Need atleast 40 minutes ready to waste with the hold times. For a bank as rich as they are, employ some more people!!! Time is money, and you have alot of mine.

TopicBusiness Banking, General Transactions and New Account

Impossible to get through on the phone. Tried for four days

No customer service. Could not get through by phone. Tried for four days. I wanted a question answered about term deposit. Wished to transfer money. A nightmare. The bank has lost my business now.

TopicNew Account