Online, Branches
See the Best Banks in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Commonwealth Bank? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Michael H.
Michael H.North-West & West coast, TAS

Rip off Fees, closing their branches across Australia

They charge massive fees for overdrawn payments that they “pay” then refund, so you are out of pocket, will be cancelling all of my commonwealth services after I found out they are also closing many branches across Australia. Customer service was amazing, no longer, cuts cuts cuts, holding the phone for ages. Whenever I called the customer service number it ALWAYS says there will be a wait of 45 minutes plus, terrible service.

Mohammed Ali
Mohammed Ali Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Helpless hopeless and rudest customer service provider

None of the representatives ever returned the calls, when I call I have to wait over an hour on hold and the result is zero helps. No one should ever wait two hours on hold and at the end hear that there’s nothing we can do for you.

Tur
Tur

Long wait time on the phone

CBA used to be quick when calling on the phone now I am waiting HOURS!! on a transaction that really needed to be fixed, got put through to someone. The waited again for another hour. Banking is important and if they can’t fix it within a good time frame who knows what will happen if someone accesses my account

Scammed
ScammedSouth-East, TAS

Appalling services these days...

I have been with CBA for thirty five years. I am appalled at the deterioration in the phone service. If you have an issue forget trying to get through on the phone unless you have several times to spare.
It used to be really good, they used to look after 'priority' loyal customers. Not any more, that's for sure.

Montyd
MontydNew South Wales

Hours waiting, wrong information and you have no control of your money

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Frances T.
Frances T.South East Queensland, QLD

Call Centre is a Sham

I rang 5 times and each time was over 30 minutes wait time and still no answer. I do not have the time to sit on the phone and wait or to call into a branch to get assistance. They say the call centres are based in Australia, ok do they only have 1 operator working. You cannot email either. Crap poor services.

TopicGeneral Transactions
Moriarty2
Moriarty2AU

Holding on phone forever..........

Have tried about three times over three weeks on different days to just cancel an account I no longer use. Thought, incorrectly, that I could just phone and cancel it, every time I get a message saying how important my call is, but the wait time will be over 60 minutes. Well once I waited the 90 minutes it took for someone to answer, the phone just went click and they hung up without even answering my call. Tried phoning back, same message, wait time over 60 minutes......gave up, decided to leave the account with a zero balance and walk away.

Ian
IanWantirna

On hold for more than 2 hours

I am banking with CBA more than 11 years. CBA was used to be quick and supportive in phone banking. But I called them few times last couple of months and waiting time is more than 2 -3 hours. Terrible service. I made official complaint, but no any improvements. Red tape in big banks. Time to move out. I wouldn't recommend anyone if you want to move to CBA....

TopicGeneral Transactions

Claye
ClayePerth, WA

Couldn't care less about their customers

I've been with CBA my whole life of 40+ years. They were not interested in keeping my business (5 mortgages plus wanting another). I contacted them several times and was advised "just use a broker and take the best deal" despite me saying that I wanted to stay with them.
Phone on hold times are typically 1-2 hours, sometimes 3 hours, which is disgusting for a business of this size, but with the attitude of the people I contacted to try my hardest to stay with them, I'm not surprised.

Lucas
LucasGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worst bank I've dealt with. AVOID!

Just trying to get transaction details on my old home loan, waiting over 1 hour on the phone and cannot chat to a human online to help me. When most times I've been to a branch to help I've been pointed to go online for assistance or to call up, but then this is the sub par service you're given when you get there. I've dealt with NAB and Bank of Melbourne and never had such terrible experiences with either as I have with Commbank. No idea how they are the number 1 personal bank with this service.

Hilal E.
Hilal E.Sydney, NSW

Walked in to do transaction, kicked out because time clicked over 2pm

Walked in to do an international transaction, kicked out because time clicked over 2pm, seems like they dont give a damn about customers at all, im switching banks, dodgy business

TopicBusiness Banking
Caroline
CarolineMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Lining their pockets by expecting ignorance.

Notifications about credit card say that you can pay minimum amount monthly or entire debt in auto debit. Wheres the pay more each month clue? Grabby! Could you not suggest a payment plan that is somewhere in the middle and be an actual help. I am well aware that I could nominate my price but they prey on the ignorant and are so blatantly grabby that they are amoral. Don't bank here. Dreadful business. I didn't even finish an application for this credit limit, I enquired only but the card arrived with 9k on it just before our overseas wedding. I only opened the envelole by chance. Sneaky terrible behaviour. Do not go with a big four, do not trust online enquiries.

TopicCredit Card Application
Dee
DeeSydney, NSW

Don't waste your time calling.

After noticing a suspicious transaction in my account, I called up to put my account on hold and get a new debit card issued... Said the wait time would be an hour... waited over an hour and still did not answered, so I hung up (this was at 10pm at night... I guess the workers went to sleep). Figured out I could then put my account on hold through my app. Called again the next morning to report the suspicious transaction, wasn't offered a call back option again and waited 1 hour 20 minutes. To have to wait this long to report a suspicious transaction is so poor and unsafe from comm bank. Switching banks now. You suck comm bank.

David
David

Closed my business account without informing me, extremely slow service

I set up a business account with commbank which initially went smoothly. However, what they did not make clear was that the account is automatically closed if it is dormant for 3 months. They did this without notifying me at all, just as i had invoiced my first client with the account details.
After more than an hour waiting on the phone to speak to support i was told that closed accounts cannot be re-opened and I would have to apply for a new account all over again. I will be doing that with another bank!
Terrible customer service.

ali t.
ali t.Sydney, NSW

Terrible! 2+ hours on phone and waiting...

Seriously don't bother calling as its hopeless... And to the person who called "incompetent australians not knowing how to use online services": not every service is available online e.g. you can't order a replacement card online besides sometimes you need to talk to a person

Read more reviews - page 2

Jason L.
Jason L.asked
Commonwealth Bank

Same as most everyone else.. Can't get hold of them. Over an hour on hold yesterday and 45mins into another hold session today. Considering I'm trying to report multiple fraud events on my card, I'm extremely frustrated. Its making me think about moving my business somewhere else.

Sharnae. W
Sharnae. Wasked
Commonwealth Bank

I applied for a personal loan through commonwealth bank and they told me I earn half of what I really do because I have my other funds go into a different bank account. They then told me to re submit information that they skipped in my application it would put two credits against my name for applying. I told them to honestly stick their bank. I would not refer any kind of banking with commonwealth to anyone.

Sam F.asked
Commonwealth Bank

Applied for a home loan through cba wondering if anyone else has applied lately and know an average approval time after submitting application. Been told different things from different people ranging from 1-25 days

dontknowitall
dontknowitall

go to Westpac.... far better service

Sam F.

They won’t lend for the area I want to buy so not an option at this stage

Anna
Anna

Terrible caused me huge financial loss they will tell you it is approved and not follow through