Online, Branches

No good

Jane R

Jane RGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Commonwealth Bank admin fees

Loyal customer for over thirty years, including home loan, but they won’t waive their $48 monthly account fee when I want to set up a second account. Terrible way to treat loyal customers, trying to take every cent they can’t. Go to other banks that don’t treat customers this way.

On hold for over 1 hour before I finally gave up

I never got to speak with anyone, I was on hold for 70 minutes before I gave up. Very disappointing, I also submitted a request for a call back through messenger but am yet to speak with somebody.

Niputu

Niputu

Can’t contact them

I make mistake sent payment for rent through bpay .would like to cancel those transaction but didn’t know how to
Call commbank . Waiting like 3 hours they said the staff currently busy
Still no answer
Been with bank almost 11 years

Jamie f.

Jamie f.Tasmania

Left with a bad taste in my mouth, lending specialist expressed own views about climate change and Donald Trump.

Dmitry

DmitryGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Literally worst customer service ever

Have been with the bank for 25 years, PayID transfer stuck in pending. Have been on hold for almost an hour and a half. I have been in shorter lines living in Communist Russia.

Michael_07Sydney, NSW

Fraudsters

Ozgen D.

Ozgen D.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

I get sick while I am waiting on the phone over 50 minutes

Every single time same problem, be ready to wait over 50 minutes. I have to stop working and wait on the phone for basic question. They can Just hire more call centre stuff but no, because their billionaire boss can make more this way

cant contact anyone

i have been with commbank when they were the state bank, long time. i was trying to transfer MY money to pay a bill. my phone number has changed and they were sending a netcode to the wrong number. trying to get it changed is like going to the dentist, cant do it online and when trying to use the phone i am waiting for up to an hour. i think i shall take my business elsewhere. i would have given zero stars but one is the lowest

Find out how Commonwealth Bank compares to other Banks

Rubbish bank amongst all banks

TopicCredit Card Application
Hume

Hume

Bank and atm locations need updating!

I love the bank but they are supposed to be user friendly with the cardless cash etc. But many of their atms are being replaced and I have no where to get money out when I either forget my card or don't want a surcharge, which is often. And they haven't updated where their atms are located! it catches me out and puts me in aweful situations constantly. Please update the locations of your banks and atms!!

Luke

LukeCanberra 2600, ACT

Long wait times, ended up hanging up

I was on hold for over 30 minutes waiting for someone to pick up the phone
As someone who is very busy, I ended up just trying again another day, never it through for 10 days straight
Ended up lodging another complaint as how could I call and sort it out of they won't even pick up.
The initial complaint was because they wrote a contract up wrong

Anton

AntonPerth, WA

Terrible Customer service and no support!

Dialed the 132221 number twice over two days without getting an answer to assist us in opening a case of fraudulent transactions. We have been with Commonwealth bank for almost 9 years, multiple accounts and are getting the worst service and no support when we need it. Definitely changing banks in the next couple weeks...we had enough of this absolute terrible banking institution!

TopicBusiness Banking

The worst bank to bank with

Shane

ShaneIllawarra, NSW

I just needed one email

Just lost four days of my life chasing one simple email which is still not forthcoming. CBA employs an army of people not authorised to actually do anything for customers. Likely to miss out on our dream home now. Glad I don’t own shares in this dumpster fire.

Grant

GrantGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very poor customer service

Like most people, I have no real need to go into a bank. Today, being Friday, I actually needed to go into my local branch only to find they closed early, not even extended hours on Fridays. So I go to call the customer service centre and the wait time is over 30 minutes. The bank has little or no regard for its customers anymore. It's over governed and run by people that have no consideration for the everyday needs of the average customer.

MGB

MGBSydney, NSW

Merchant Services - Pathetic

TopicBusiness Banking

Direct Banking Phone Call with Renu

Great customer service from Renu from Direct Banking phone section. She attended to my call in a caring and prompt manner and kept apologising for the wait time. It did take a while to resolve my issue however she was doing her best and we got there in the end! Cheers Renu!

Drew

DrewSydney, NSW

The worst online customer service of any institution

A call to CommBank and 1 hour and five minute wait. Then finally, a call back. A simple question regarding my credit card and the online service person - spoke over me, was patronising in tone, did not want to hear the question, did not want to be fielding the call obviously. He was poorly trained and could not answer a simple question. Then after an hour wait, he hung up. No wonder CBA has the worst customer service of all banks. Atrocious. Why with so many people apparently wanting jobs CBA cannot hire more staff is beyond me. Perhaps the culture is so bad that is the answers After 30 years with the bank I will be moving my family's considerable business and personal accounts from CBA.

Pathetic customer support

I had to wait for an hour in a customer service support line for nothing. All I needed to do was to reset the pin of my crap credit card

TopicATM Experience and Credit Card Application

Andy B

Andy Basked

Commonwealth Bank

I recently sold a car and was paid with a bank cheque from CBA. I bank with them as well so thought it would be an easy transaction which would give me immediate access to the funds. How wrong was I!! We had ordered our new car and needed to use the funds from the sale of our car as a deposit for the new one. We had arranged to pick up the new car the following day, but when paying in the bank guaranteed cheque I was informed it would take 3 working days to clear!!
It is a disgrace in these modern times where everything is digital it takes 3 working days to clear a cheque - more so a ‘bank guaranteed’ cheque, being paid into the very same bank it was drawn from - unbelievable. I’m afraid this wreaks of a large corporation making use of my funds free of interest for 3 days - it is once again a banking wrought where customer service is of no consideration.
The result was we had to borrow a vehicle so that I could get to work and back each day for 4 days, thanks to CBA’s lack of customer service or care.
I would like a fair explanation as to why it should take 3 days to clear a bank guaranteed cheque, particularly without any option of fast clearance.

Dom
Dom

Bank cheques usually take 3 days it's a joke especially when you have to pay for it.
It's all a money making scam

andrew
andrew

All banks are 3 working days clearance for bank cheques its been like that for quite a few years

Lootasked

Commonwealth Bank

I ‘ve been a customer of CBA for over 50 years with 2 home loans, credit cards and savings account.Never missed a payment or went into overdraft. Out of the blue, in August received notice that they were closing all my accounts ( except joint home loan). They gave me a months notice. Despite visits tool allows barb have and many phone calls no one would tell me why, just that they are allowed to do this and do not have to give a reason. We are not involved in money laundering, fraud or any questionable activity. We have not abused any employees. We have poured over my accounts to try and identify and transactions that might have raised a red flag but can find nothing.We went to AFCC but CBA just repeated they can do this and don’t have to give a reason. We are just ordinary folk who have done nothing wrong. Anyone else experience this?

Michael_07

Did you lodge a complaint with AFCA?

Loot

Yes, they went to CBA and got the same answer. Can do no more.

Megs M.asked

Commonwealth Bank

Branch manager accused me of POA abuse. Brothers used threat of loosing apartment to cohere her to bank. They were agressive & saying horrible things about the POS. Mum tried to explain that she knows but brothers ignored her, they know she fragile since dad died and she’s grieving. They know she not to stressed, threatened or anything that could another stroke but they just so agressive she couldn’t get them to stop. Clearly agetated &’upset there was no duty of care about mums emotional state. Cba branch manager continued to rattle off amounts mums still persisting that I know about that but they didn’t listen and basically ignored mum and talked amongst themselves. Mum and I share everything - our money is both mum and mine. I do buy grog cerise’s, scripts, petrol moving costs - mum pays the 1/2 utilities and I pay half or whatever. Now my reputation as well as my deceased dads name is being slandered in my home town...that branch manager did not handle appropriately but sneaky. CBA did not contact mum regarding homeloan in arrears. Never in the 3-4 months this was accumulating did the bank advise. I have tried to communicate with them regarding sale of unit hold up due pandemic and the info said homeloans would get blah blah. I want this condescending woman fired for causing undue stress worry all because she ignored what mum was trying to tell her and just spoke to men. I came home after renovating to find a broken woman who’s glue was nearly dry crumbled again and so I started gluing pieces back on. Mum gave me bills to pay so I went to post office and advised decline. So I emailed branch manager advising have utilities to pay, can you arranged a letter so mum can read instead of comprehend that her utilities, prescriptions. And home repayments have now been rectified due to mum having account where the direct debit for loan. I have sent a few detailed emails & as yet 5 days have not received any explanation for mum or have even done anything are did you arrange for So my question is:
Did the branch manager follow procedure.
Did branch manager ignore my emails advising I can’t pay debit, scripts anything as have been blocked so who buys food pays bills now.. I have no idea. She’ll disregard my emails regarding house market during covid. should you make she you have your facts in order before defaming a persons reputation.

Alee will
Alee will

I am so terribly sorry to hear this has happened to you!!!Please contact the bank and ask to speak to a manager,this is disgusting behaviour!!

Megs M.

Tried she refused to see me ignored my emails. I’ve advised my solicitor. I’ve spoken with financial ombudsman and customer connect which help resolve issues but I don’t want resolves I want an apology to my mother and the person reprimanded. But Thankyou for you’re support - I’m still shaking my head at the assumptions and defamation x

Jules G.
Jules G.

Me think very much you angry, angry air balloon solvent nuts. Dribble, dribble, garbage, garbage. BUT School good! School teach you write good. Beneficial superglue has nuclear almonds, in stitches. 12 years old? Nah, not enough good. He he!