Commonwealth Bank

Commonwealth Bank

Branches and Online
1.7 from 1,058 reviews

Good luck for anyone trying to call the bank

Good luck for anyone trying to call the bank, u can talk to centerlink or other gov institute faster than that. Worst service ever. I wonder why they keeping these jobs to australia?

Review TypeBusiness Banking and General Transactions

POOR SERVICE AT WODEN

I have been with this bank for 20 years.

They were busy raising money for charity.

I was treated in a dismissive manner by some staff when seeking to open an account.

Review TypeNew Account

They keep charging me debit interest charges which are fake as my account is never overdrawn thieves.

They charge me multiple debit interest charges a month which are completely fabricated as my account is never overdrawn i have raised this with them and they just palm it off. They are stealing from there customers and don't give a damn of you complain I was told to bank somewhere else if I didn't like the fees. I am moving banks and will be charging the company with theft as I have all the statements and can prove they have been stealing from me for over 3 years with these fake debit interest charges. They seem to think that it's only a few cents and you will get over it but it adds up over the year and its my money and they are plain as day just stealing from there customers.

Shocking

Unfortunately I have been with commonwealth bank since they were involved with my primary school through dollar mites. What they do and how they capture children at such a young age should be illegal. They sent me a credit card when I turned 18 to wish me happy birthday. Since then they have provided nothing but bigger debt and terrible service. At 18 I didn’t understand a credit card and they’ve done nothing but debilitate me financially ever since. Yes I should have known better but that’s why I need to warn others to stay away

They swallow up other banks debit cards.

If your debit card is from another bank don't use their ATM's. They retain your card to stop u using the free service now they can't charge $2. What a useless Royal Commission. Nothing has changed. Its worse.

Review TypeATM Experience

Have you tried phoning a branch of the CBA?

Tried to call CBA Buranda and then Moorooka this morning at 11.30 a.m. Both go to voicemail offering to call me back sometime today before close of business. Very poor.

Incredibly poor service, shocked at how uneducated and rude the staff are!

I have been with commonwealth for over 4 years. I have found the experience to be good up until the point of a disputed transaction. They have been very unwilling to assist me in the matter and have been “complying with there policies” doing nothing about the matter. I’ve been going around in circles with then contacted them since January 2019 it’s now April. Still have no gained any clarity or assistance. Choose another bank!

Review TypeGeneral Transactions

They wait till dead line

Shocking bank never again you guys are the worst ,customer service is poor always have an answer but no action is taken always awaiting on time frame so sad ! A

Not bad

I have been with commbank for a few years now and I haven't had many issues with them. However anytime I have had an issue it was fixed quite promptly. I would recommend them just because they do sought out your problems quite quick.

Pathetic, concentrate on banking instead of pushing virtue signalling for minorities!

Been with this bank since 1987. Trying to pay a power bill plus child's school fee's tonight. Notice lots of pics of women hugging as couples in ads and in the branch. I thought this was a bank, not a gender equality pushing new age advertising company?? How about get the basics right, like transactions that work for God sake. If i need to be preached to, I'll attend a university union left wing gender studies class! Would just like to pay my bills thanks, how about redirect your advertising funding there??

Review TypeGeneral Transactions

Don’t even bother with CBA, worst experience!

If you want customer service and communication simply don’t even bother with CBA as you won’t get either! Over a decade with CBA and the can’t even call you when they say they will when they’ve been told the business is up for tender. Just take their “customers” for granted. Make offers then rescind the offer hours later saying “incorrect info was given” I look forward to taking my business to your competitor. Would have given zero stars if I could.

Bad bad bad extremely poor

Very poor service ,every time i ring ,no one answer the call very long hold hours and hours .....and they say "we got all our call centers in Australia.....but no staff at all"

Absolute Scum.

Customer service is absolutely terrible. I had a personal loan and the first payment got taken from me twice. I called to get them to reverse one of the payments but they tell me that they can't do that as it will put me behind on my payments. The kicker is they started offering me financial advice and told me they had taken the money from me for "my own good". I would give less than one star if possible. At the end of the first phone call, they also tried to hawk a credit card because I had such a great credit rating.

Review TypeGeneral Transactions and Loan Application

Albert

Transactions with both my CBA cards regularly fail when using Albert, at multiple merchants. All methods - tap, swipe and insert. The cards have never failed on any other eftpos machine.

Payment I didn’t make that I was charged for

I have been with this bank since childhood. I became aware that a payment was made on my credit card by a dealer I didn’t recognise just after I had been shopping in a supermarket. When I rang commbank I was told I had probably just forgotten. It was a long time ago (a week and a half) and they would have to cancel the card to investigate.
So it was just better to pay it so none of us would be inconvenienced. Nil customer service.

Negligent

Before going on our holiday went into a branch to double check our travel cards were still working. They said yes. Turns out they didn’t even check and just “assumed”. They apologised for the neglegence. But that didn’t make up for spending our once in a life time anniversary celebration in our hotel in Rome with no money for food waiting for days for our new travel cards to arrive (which they never did).

All our money was in the travel card account. We ended up having to transfer back to our commonwealth account (which costs a fee) and draw out money from atms (more fees)

Would not recommend their travel cards or banking with them. Have switched to ING now recommended by barefoot investor

Time for a new bank

I don’t even know where to start. Staff are ok. Policies are frustrating, outdated and borderline criminal. It’s 2019 CBA, we can grow a human ear on a rat and explore deep space, meanwhile one of Australia’s biggest banks can’t get their head around instant transfers.

28 yrs customer leaving

- bad customer service
- loyal customer for over 2 decades and they wouldn’t give me an low rate awards credit card
- just terribale customer service
- I have an income of 55k p/a

Review TypeCredit Card Application

Awful

Charging overdrawn fees because they changed our account types without notifying us so that they could charge fees on account that had no balances.. Highway robbery.. Dont go there
Worse bank ever

Review TypeGeneral Transactions, Loan Application and New Account

On hold for over an hour

Been a loyal customer with this bank and have home loans. To call up to discuss important issues and was on hold for well over an hour without speaking to one person. Absolute joke. Have had enough!! Absolutely useless. Changing home loan to different bank.

Review TypeBusiness Banking