Commonwealth Bank Home Loans

Commonwealth Bank Home Loans

• Loan TypeVariable Rate (16) · Fixed Rate (1)
  • Application Process
  • Timeliness
  • Loan used for:
    • First Home (8)
    • Refinancing (4)
    • Second Home (3)
    • Investment Property (1)
  • Loan Term25.091 years (11)
  • Online Tools

Gurpreet

GurpreetSydney, NSW

Wonderful CBA Home Loan Team

Hello!!!
Lots of appreciation to Sartaj Singh(Home Loan Executive)for helping me getting my CBA home loan.Thanks Sartaj for your marvellous customer service and helping me getting through all the hurdles on my way in getting pre approval. I would highly recommend CBA
Thank you so much................Extremely happy:)))))

Karam Mani

Karam Mani

Thanks to CBA Team*****

Hi,
I am here to share my personal experience with CBA home loan. We chose Brooker for a home loan but unfortunately, Brooker didn't do good as suppose to be. Then we approached the bank directly just 2days before our settlement. Bank assessment team helped us a lot to get through all that mess created in a file and we succeed in settlement on the due date. Thanks to all CBA team members for cooperation and especially thanks to Mr Emon for making it happen successfully. Mr Emon from the verification team of CBA helped us thoroughly and informed us personally after the loan settlement fixed. Very happy now

Loan Start DateFebruary 2020

Very Sad

Have been with commonwealth for 30 years am very unhappy with my loan. They take the full amount of your home loan repayments at the start of the billing cycle if you put into your redraw facility and hold it until the due date WHY? This has only been in for 6 months and is really disappointing. Will be changing lenders ASAP.

gemini

geminiGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

convoluted process and not customer focused

I've borrowed many times from other lenders but home loan experience with the CBA was worst of all.

1) They took 4 weeks to approve unconditional loan though I had a recent a pre-approval from them, very long process.
2) Vey bad customer service you just can't get through phone banking ( even after 90 mins happened 3 times ) for your home loan queries ,visited a branch at Collin square totally unhelpful.
3) Took them 60 days to send me a settlement letter which I asked for it more than 5 times .
4)I would not recommend CBA

Loan used for:Investment Property

Ivy

IvyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Bank that put their interests before customers to gain profits daylight robbery

Tabascolord

TabascolordGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The Fawlty Towers of banks

Hariram N.

Hariram N.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

One of the best banking service provider

After going with a few brokers, thought I need to take things under my control and do it on my own, however, without the Commonwealth bank that would have been impossible. Mr Hanson from CBA has done an extraordinary job by completing the file in less than 1 week (from application to final approval to settle). Its all pro-active than being reactive. He went above and beyond to make this happen. Kudos for the entire team. In fact, all my lost interest in the deal was brought back to life due to his work ethics.

On the other hand, Commonwealth Bank`s Netbank is so advanced and built with an excellent centric thought process. I have all the accounts with Comm bank so far, it will remain the same.

terrible service

had a loan taken. I had specifically asked for 1 yr fixed , but they fixed it for 2 years which I came to know only after 1 year. Very dissatisfied.

Loan Start DateJuly 2018

Think before trusting brokers

Salman S.

Salman S.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Home loan experience in CBA

I should admit the best service ever, compared to the Bank of Melbourne and a so-called experienced broker. I had gone to CBA Melborune-CBD RMIT branch to just inquiry about the loan conditions, 25 minutes later I walked out the branch with a pre-approval letter offering me an amount 120 K on top of what my broker could get. The processes are easy-fast-efficient and UNBELIEVABLE. They also topped this up with a free property searching services made it super fancy experience- I got a 4 year extra home loan contract and did not even study much as I trust them a lot.

mikefish

mikefishSYDNEY

The home lender bent over backwards to help us.

Ours was an unorthodox application as self-employed etc, but Mel in Launceston branch moved heaven and earth to make it all happen for us, including suggestions that were to our benefit. Big delays in settlement owing to previous lender being slow or obstructive, but Mel chased it hard. We are grateful for her level of professionalism.

Loan TypeFixed Rate
Olga

OlgaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Very poor service

Jimmy

JimmySouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent web interface and mobile app, but expect higher rate

I had a wealth package variable loan with CBA for nearly 3 years before refinancing to a non-bank lender.

Overall, CBA offers a premium product (good website, excellent mobile app, unlimited offset accounts), however you can expect to pay more for it.

I never had any issues with call centre staff - they were always polite, knowledgeable and willing to assist.

My reason for leaving was merely a financial one - there were cheaper rates in the market that don't come with the $395 annual fee.

Loan Start DateDecember 2016

Das

DasAdelaide

Terrible customer service

Can’t get through on the phone and no one responds to emails absolutely terrible to deal with. Still don’t know if our home loan top up has been approved or not nearly 6 weeks from the application start date.

MB

MB

Don't look after existing customers

Masum Billah

Masum BillahGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Its ok just ok

I had lot more expectations from cba as I've been banking with them for a long time. But haven't had really a great experience for home loan. Yes I got the loan but gee there were so many mistakes and my broker and I were sick of fixing them at some stages. Their call center is the biggest joke of all. Every single time I call them it's a guaranteed 45 min to an hour waiting time to talk to anyone. Certainly you don't expect this from one of the biggest banks in the country. Anyway will see how we go for our subsequent homes in the future.

Gurpinder

GurpinderGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

What a crap bank it is !!! Pathetic service

How hard it is to get a replacement cheque. With commonwealth it can take up to 3 months thats how crap service they provide !!!! Absolutely disgusted !!!! I will not be dealing with them ever.

Kelly

Kellyasked

What is the average home loan processing time with Commonwealth? My application through a broker has been in 2 and half weeks now and no news at all, last request for paperwork was 8 days ago?

Sean
Sean

You should contact the bank lending manager who is dealing with your application directly. Mine took less than 2 days to get full approval once I gave him all the required documents. Has your loan been conditionally approved by credit team? I know that Commbank conditional approval is different from other banks in a way that it goes through full credit check and income check.

ricklasked

Commonwealth bank staff sent me an email July last year to inform the home load will increase from August and ask if consider to fix the loan.
I fixed the home loan per the information provided by the bank. However I found it is mistake to do so as I have a offset money which I though to pay a matured account in August 2015. However, the loan does not mature until August 2016. I told the bank to fix the loan was a mistake and asked for correction. However, the bank said it has to pay a big money to break the fix loan and refuse to do any compensation.
May I ask has the bank done the right thing? I feel the bank is cheating as the interesting is going low from last year. The bank did not check my account details which they should.

David Lambert
David Lambert

Short answer is no. They haven't looked after you like they should. You could try and see what they can do but don't hold your breath. You could then try the banking ombudsman in your state.
David

rickl

Thanks for the valuable answer. I will further trying to resolve the issue with commonwealth bank. If commonwealth still refuse to help, I will seek the help from ombudsman.

mandymoo57
mandymoo57

"...ask if consider to fix the loan..." - they advised, they asked, IF YOU would consider. Obviously, you considered, then did - where is the bank error?
If your money was in an offset there is NO reason you wouldn't have been able to get the money out even though the loan was fixed. If the money was actually held in a redraw, then you can't redraw until the fixed rate expires. Did you fix the loan online? If so, I suspect you didn't ask anyone about the pros and cons of fixing?

Vik_Dogra

Vik_Dograasked

which bank is the best one to go with for home loans?
Need and honest and quick reply, help will be highly appreciated.
Cheers
Vik

vbhargav80
vbhargav80

Since you're an IT guy, I'm sure you can do most of your stuff online and won't get flustered by lack of personal service the big banks provide.
Have a look at loans.com.au, they are quite good with their online only service and certainly one of the cheapest around if not the most cheap.

engagefs
engagefs

Hi Vik as a mortgage broker I would definitely encourage you to seek professional advice as there are so many options and good offer from lenders at the moment.

Get an answer from our members and Commonwealth Bank representatives