CommSec

CommSec

See the Best Forex & Share Trading Platforms in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Commonwealth Bank? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Rates and Fees

Guy
GuyPerth, WA

Now addressing previous oversight with excellent customer service.

Bijay
BijaySouth East Queensland, QLD

Dodgy app- ripper

I sold the share and instead it bought me share at my selling price which was higher than share actual price was. Prior to that , I was try to buy another share and the app stated - can’t buy share no funds for 15 k share as my account has 456 only. The app has glitch or it’s intentional ripper too. I had to pay the price which these commsec team doesn’t care. Very poor app and service. Wiping client money and saying sorry as explanation and blaming. They must be wiping client money like this.be aware and take photos. Should be legally sued for fraudulent act like this. It did the same to my friend too. She also didn’t had fund to buy and she wanted to sell the bought share to buy next share- instead bough her share.

Shah M.Sydney, NSW

Insidious organisation

Kim
KimGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Rip off, bad customer service

Have been trading with Comnsec for many years paying way too much but not anymore. Customer service atrocious, prices are a rip off! Beware of this trading platform, you can do better elsewhere!

Stern B.
Stern B.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Slaves to the elite, no care for customers.

I have now transferred 5 times through them to a direct register. Every single time they have used some sort of stalling technique from saying someone called to confirm I would like to go ahead but I didnt answer to their favourite saying my ID and signature isnt on file even though its needed to register. Even using a very minor debt even though they can see a fund transfer has been started.
Avoid if you can.

B StuartSouth East Queensland, QLD

Cannot retrieve my cash

On 17th February I transferred $10,000 from my Commonwealth Bank Savings account into my CommSec account. Tried navigating their bottomless confusing pit of a web site, decided it was too hard, and tried to retrieve the $10,000 back into my bank account, couldn't do it from their web site. I contacted CommSec "Help - Contact Us" to achieve this. They requested a screenshot of my Commonwealth Bank Savings account to show this transfer occurred, I provided this. No reply, they are ignoring me. I now am stuck with the reality that my $10,000 is gone forever. Do not go near these clowns. If anyone thinks I am a cynic, I have found dealing and trading with SelfWealth to be flawless.

B Stuart

Update, finally got my funds back from CommSec, 12 days after their response to my initial "Help - Contact Us", with no action, I chased them, and success. Never going back to CommSec, it should not be this hard to control ownership of your money.

Simone
SimonePerth, WA

Worst trading App ever

Worst app ever. It is constantly not working “system upgrades” “tech difficulties”. Incredibly frustrating to go to trade and App not working. This happens 8 out of 10 times I go to usd it. Time to change providers.

Super Funds Awards 2022!

Wendy Z.12 Jan 2022
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
ShopperAU
ShopperAUSydney, NSW

Avoid at all costs! - Update 02MAR22

Still awaiting that 72 hour callback queue from Commsec Manager.... How good is that? Good thing that my account not hacked, even though the issue is the fault of Commsec, and probably hence the silent treatment.

Doug G
Doug GQueensland

Couldn't be worse if they tried

Why was I paying $124 on a 1000 CBA trade when I now pay $9.50 with Selfwealth. I was with Commsec for 30 years, customer service is arrogant and useless. Commsec is holding 75k of my money said I need to visit a CBA branch to have some (unknown) things updated. Made no difference when I said I was in NZ for another 2 months.

Rubbish platform for trading

Worst trading platform ever.CommSec is everything that's wrong with big banks. Large, disconnected from other divisions and sadly represented by young, inexperienced and poorly trained people unable to deal with their dissatisfi...

leah n
leah n

Excellent service

These guys did , in less than 24 hours more than what link market services did in 5 weeks. Shares were located quickly, transferred to commsec and sold in less than a day Highly recommend their service

Probation from Commsec

Probation remains:(

2022 still on probation
11/2/22 $till on probation

Now April ..(up 240/)
Turned 30k into 100k
No help from the bosses of cocksec.still on probation

Nick M.
Nick M.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Terrible, incompetent customer service

CommSec is everything that's wrong with big banks. Large, disconnected from other divisions and sadly represented by young, inexperienced and poorly trained people unable to deal with their dissatisfied customers

Sammy B
Sammy B

slow and delayed info. terrible

Commsec is so slow and delays info which has made me lose lots of money. Their notifications don't work and they charge a premium. Getting rid of it and moving to another platform

Rates and Fees

DO NOT USE COMMSEC THEY ARE CRIMINALS!!

been trying to get my inheritance now from 6 month and still making me jump hoops!! it bad enough dealing with the loss then to have deal with these CRIMINALS