CommSec

CommSec

See the Best Online Forex / Share Trading in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Standover, Bullying From the Commsec Trading Desk

Baz

BazSouth East Queensland, QLD

CommSecIRESS "Viewpoint" major step BACKWARDS from "Trader"

I have tried to enjoy the challenges and benefits of using CommSec's new trading platform "Viewpoint" to no avail. It has been three months since being forced on to their new platform, from Iress "Trader". The new software has halved my trading activity, the screen is difficult to read, many shortcuts that were available for a quick transaction no longer exist (no right button clicking), it can not be customised to the same degree, it is difficult to see where buyers and sellers are separated on a Market depth window, it is just not intuitive for the task at hand, buying and selling shares.

I am considering changing brokers to NAB Trade who I am told, still offer the old "Trader".
Signed Dissatisfied CommSec One customer

BSF

BSFAU

suggestions for improvement

Have been using commsec for 10 years, overall I am satisfied with them.

Recently tried using commsec pocket, whilst all of my holder accounts show up on the commsec website, my pocket account doesnt yet appear on CBA Netbank. Something wrong?

Would also like to suggest that you allow all account types to open a pocket account eg SMSF.

Steve

Steve

More rubbish software for Commsec

SNOZ

SNOZTasmania

Commsec Charting

Commsec have changed their system somewhat and as far as I am concerned have made the use of their Charting "Atrocious" and total unusable for small time punters , The Casino bosses look to be making it slower and tougher on the mugs, Time consuming ! and a BIG backward step to what was there before , I have now opened an account with IG and once I learn their system will be moving , Not that long ago ComBank closed Commsec's banking side of the business and placed all under Com Bank, (paying LESS interest) on peoples money (only reason) Mistake N0 1 ComBank , Making your trading platform less appealing and harder to use - Mistake N02 , NO ONE! NO ONE ! would be happy with the new charting

Baboonic

BaboonicSYDNEY

New website

I've been with commsec for over 10 years now, no broker is perfect but commsec was good.
They are changing their website and it's not better for the end user, not happy Jan!
Fist they've changed Quotes and now porfolio and both are harder to read and across the whole page... not good and if you call them they never change anything it's waste of time. I agree with another user of Commsec here it's time to change the broker... does Commsec care?

Joe

JoeSydney

Reliable so far, live price updates, although a touch more expensive than other brokers

Josh

JoshHobart, TAS

Took over 2 months to set-up an international trading account

Have been with them for almost 20 years, but have recently lost faith in the company.

Their back-office operations for international share trading are a total absolute shambles. Do not even bother!!!! I lodged an application, they said it would take two weeks (which is a long time to begin with). In the end it took three weeks just to tell me that I'd done a typo on the form. Then the form had a "Processing error" that took them a month to sort out. In the end I probably had a dozen calls back and forth and the stock that I had been wanting to buy rose 40% whilst all this was happening.

I suggest you use another broker for International Shares... even if you are already with Comsec. The process will be quicker by about 2 months...

J L

J Lsydney

Beware... Insane!!! They shut down your margin loans!!! Outright lies!!!

Simon

SimonFar North Queensland, QLD

US Share Trading V3

You cannot take part with Commsec! They don't even know what it is! The sooner Cryptocurrencies
take over the quicker we will be rid of CBA and Commsec! You can only trade 10 US shares when V3 recommendations can be up to 200 different companies/year...so Commsec are preventing us from taking part!

Pulls you in then tricks you

Pulls you in then try's to charge you $50 USD so you dont have to a maths equation that is a simple maths algorithm to calculate current positions.

Con artists in suites

Pattaya

PattayaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Why have CommSec changed their Quotes page

Atrocious Help Desk Service and Website Support Feature never works

I had to call Commsec to try to transfer issuer sponsored shares on behalf of my husband and I am listed on the account-because the website support feature never works-after an eternity on hold they come back on and they lock down his account!! If this is how they treat a Priority One customer I hate to think how they would treat everyone else. Dealing with them is ALL TOO HARD-don't bother phoning them unless you have a few hours to spare fixing the mess they create.

RACHEL T

RACHEL TSouth East Queensland, QLD

COMMSEC Sharepack Investment

Sam L

Sam L

Trades take 2 days to settle, why?

It takes 2 days to settle trades in commsec, recommend going with someone else if you're an active trader

They also have a confusing rule about how much you can trade but if you call them they won't tell you how much it actually is. This rule can also prevent you from selling a holding.

The most expensive online broker

It has a really good Android widget

Jarrod

JarrodGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Ancient and Confusing Interface

The interface is the worst brokers by far (I use CMC and SelfWealth) which makes even looking to buy/sell impossible. The ability to put money in after the trade and before a settlement is fantastic, but only needed for opportunistic buyers/sellers.

stanjvincent

stanjvincentSydney, NSW

commsec takeover

the RC nneeds to be extended to include the sharebroking arm of the banks in particular commsec /cba who took over my broker (avcol) in jan 2008 and stopped me exiting the market during that dramatic fall of the GFC for 20 days.I lost $200000 and my brothers estate $180000 as a direct result.

Surprised at the bad reviews long time user

I have been with Commsec over 10 years and have never had a problem trading or getting my trades settled. I recently reactivated my account after a few years break and had no issues doing that either with a really pleasant phone operator helping me out. Easy to navigate and $10 trade brokerage seems like a good deal to me.

Poor product information

Commsec are happy to open accounts but when it comes to giving you information about them they leave
you in the dark.

Jon

JonSydney

Terrible service and treat customers with distain, especially when the problem was their fault

I endured a similar issue as Justice Oct 19, 2018. I am disabled but they insisted that I attend a CBA branch, despite my protests about the difficulties with this. Well, it turns out that Commsec themselves were the problem. They were holding both my current and my old address despite my having advised them in writing of the move. All the trades I made over the past 3 years had the correct new address in the Contract Notes, so I had no idea that they had failed to delete my old address. In fact they have no explanation as to why this could have happened. Nonetheless, I had to suffer the inconvenience and cost of a special taxi to get to the CBA branch.
I definitely advise against Commsec