Online store, Physical store

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (8) · No (32)

at0g

at0gGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

DO NOT BPAY

Ordered an item online that was said to be in stock.
Paid by BPAY (the credit charge surcharge was an extra $40)
The following day I get an email saying the item is sold out, but giving me the option of 2 similar items (one not in stock on the website), both being several hundred dollars more expensive.
I have instructed them to cancel the order, sent support emails and updated the order comments with my account details to send back the money; and have asked for confirmation that they have received the communications. Not a word back.

Will be opening a statutory demand shortly.

Paul

PaulGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst customer service and warranty process I've ever had to deal with!

Long story short, after nearly a year of dealing with a warranty replacement. CPL stopped answering my emails as I was consistently asking for updates! I ended up have to process the warranty myself from the supplier and start the warranty process again!!!!. I'll never purchase or recommend this store again... and I strongly advise others to buy their products elsewhere.

Andrea

AndreaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM!

Electronics & Computing Shops

Find out how CPL - Computer & Parts Land compares to other Electronics & Computing Shops

Misleading Information about orders being reserved for 48 hours

I don't even know where to start. Never had any issues with them until they sold my item to someone else because I didn't make payment. It is clearly stated on their website that they will hold up to 48 hours if no payment is made.

sirnatz

sirnatzGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

T&C’s to suit themselves.

CPL Preston NO RETURN NO REFUND

I was sold an incorrect product and when returning the day after, was told there is No Return and No Refund. I specifically showed them a photo of my computer and was told I needed the cable they sold me, however it was the wrong cable. The guy behind the counter was so rude, didn't have time when I returned for a return and refund, but was nice enough to sell me the wrong item and take my money the day before. Wouldn't recommend to anyone. If I could give No stars or minus -stars I would. -☆

Sheree P.

Sheree P.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

CPL sell faulty products but put the onus on you to prove you didn't break it!

Beware of this 'company'. They will sell you faulty products and take absolutely no RESPONSIBILITY when you try to return it 1 day after purchase.
They don't care if you've given them a lot of business either. Such a disgusting way to treat the people who keep you running.
Shame on you CPL!

mjackson

mjacksonGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Avoid like COVID

Like one of the reviews below, I ordered a GPU that was listed as "In stock at supplier" but after two weeks with no update, I contacted the store and was told it was actually a pre-order.

I initially decided to wait, but after nearly four months with no update/eta, I cancelled the order and was told I would receive the funds within 5 business days. It has now been nearly three weeks and still no refund and no reply to my emails so I have had to lodge a complaint with ACCC to get my $1,399 back.

Still waiting!

The fact that they have disabled google reviews tells you everything you need to know about these scammers.

Chris G.

Chris G.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Fawlty Towers

Bought a reasonably expensive monitor here, but when we got it home we discovered that the screen was badly cracked. We returned it immediately but the store refused to replace it, refund us or even accept it. In later conversations the manager accused us of lying and threatened to take us to court for fraud! Reading online it seems this is a fairly common situation for people buying from CPL. It's just not worth the risk.

Electronics & Computing Shops

Don't buy from here - ever.

Brought an $80 cable from these guys to connect my iPad to my MacPro laptop as a second screen. After dealing with the poor customer service they were unable to confirm if the cable would do what I needed it to do, so the only way for me to know for sure was to buy it and test it. I did this and the cable did not work. I took it back to the store a day later and they flat out refused to refund it. In its original packaging, with a receipt and perfect condition.

Digging into their website hidden in the FAQ's they state, no refunds of any kind.

Just to offer a basic service of a legit refund request would have turned me into a repeat customer. Now I'll never buy from here again and make sure anyone else I know doesn't as well.

Dogsbody14

Dogsbody14Hobart, TAS

Missing part & wrong voucher - very poor service

OK it’s only a TPM worth $25, but wasn’t in with the $2900 worth of gear. Bought a GPU which was supposed to come with a $30 Voucher. Voucher supplied -$20
Repeated attempts (both phone & email) to have these problems corrected have failed. Now a month later I’m advising Do not deal with these people.

Poor Customer Service. Misleading advertising

Warranty Claim MadeNo

If your purchase is faulty you're screwed. Avoid at all costs.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD - DO NOT BUY FROM HERE!!!

A dog could do a better job than these muppets!

Customer service is non-existent...
They're more than happy to take your money, but good luck after that.

Competitive prices, but poor customer service

I have been buying from CPL for years, both in-store and online. They have competitive prices, and most of the time there is no problem.
During the lockdown I bought two mouses. They turned out not to be exactly as described on the website page, so I wanted to return them. I could not, because during the pandemic they did not accept returns. They did accept the return after the lockdown ended, after a long and excruciating debate in the store with the sales person and the store manageress.
However, 10 days later, I am still waiting for refund of the money.
I think this company's customer service is ripe for an investigation by the ACCC.

ValuedCustomer

ValuedCustomerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Bad customer support

shane u.

shane u.South East Queensland, QLD

Very poor experience

Purchased a mouse online 2 weeks ago, payment was accepted and receipt received. Later that day received an email stating that there was a computer glitch with pricing and that they are not honouring the payment and would refund my money. No mouse and still no refunded money with my emails not being answered.
Very poor service, very poor attitude to customers.

Impossible to get through their phone system.

Dissatisfied

DissatisfiedSydney, NSW

Very Bad Experience

Unfortunately I can't even comment on the products as I HAVE NEVER received them, it has been 2 weeks since it left the warehouse and nothing. Customer Service has been little to no help and there is still no sign of the products arriving in the near future. Shipping THE WORST!! I would advise to not get anything shipped from this company.

Warranty Claim MadeNo

Products are fine, buying is fine. AWFUL customer service.

So many reasons to avoid this place now, especially since you can buy any of their stuff literally anywhere else. They are:

- inaccurate responses
- delayed responses
- unreasonable
- terse
- rude

Why shop here when you can go elsewhere?

Worst customer service I have ever seen

First of all, when you place an order on their website, it gives you a receipt straight away without paying. I asked for help to place my order online. But they just hanged the phone on me.