NSW TrainLink

NSW TrainLink

• Trip Completed Yes (26) · No (2)
David

David

Great trip

Was my first time travelling by long distance train in NSW. Had a great trip from Sydney to Urunga. Service was on time, clean, efficient and the staff were friendly. Will definitely travel with them again.

Jaime Lanndan

Jaime LanndanSydney, NSW

Above and Beyond Service!

Mac

Mac

Bathurst bullet icebox

Bullet from Bathurst to Sydney.
Train is smooth but there is a deafening screeching from the wheels/ springs the whole way.
Temperature in carriage one is ridiculously cold. Hottest November day on record and it is uncomfortably freezing inside.
This is a real turn off for travel by locals and tourists.

Thank you Trainlink!

Thank you NSW Trainlink ! We caught the train from Canberra to Sydney in the springtime and the countryside was beautiful and scenic. The carriage was clean and comfortable and the staff so very attentive. We had lost our credit card and the staff went above and beyond to locate it for us and they eventually found it during the layover cleaning. Thank you!

MarkHunter Region, NSW

This is the real Country Link !

Trip CompletedNo

AudreyMid North Coast, NSW

Appalling Service to Seniors

Constantly late

If there is one thing you can rely on it is that xpt from Melbourne to Sydney, no matter where along you hop on or off, it will be late. I have taken this train on many occasions (as no other options are available to me) and never have I arrived less than 20 minutes late, best case scenario.

Margaret and Don

Margaret and DonSydney, NSW

Our jpurney overnight to Melbourne and then back to Sydney.

terrible

No matter light rain or heavy rain will cause train service cancel or delay. Travel from Redfern to Townhall and Central or opposite like turtle speed. plan route activity and get early on the train and was disappointing much train was late!

Too expensive for nothing

No power sockets so couldn’t watch anything / book anything / study/ listen to music as I have to save my battery. Basic is the best way to describe it . Shocking in comparison to European train transport

Ant H

Ant HGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

SYDNEY/ MELBOURNE train .Dreadful!

This train service is unbelievableably bad! We tried the XPT from Sydney to Melbourne. Our treatment by SYDNEY rail staff was lazy and uncaring. Poor communication. They closed the station toilets before we had boarded our transport. The Melbourne staff were not much better! We will not travel again with NSW rail.

Alice

Alice

Need more air conditioning for morning work time. Less frequent train repairs in north shore line on weekends.

Train repair almost every second weekend on north shore line. Hard to plan weekend without transport and had to cancel appointments.
Need stronger air conditioning during working hours. Sweating on the way to work on packed train.

Iyus

Iyus

A disaster

This service is probably the worst service in the world. Considering how rich the country is, the service they provide are worse than some of the poorest countries. Their point failure is the most problem they've had. Even when there is a big concert, trains from Lidcombe to Olympic Park gets delayed. How crappier a service can be? Invest more and research more and make more advancement in train system you foolish pathetic NSW train link.

Booking TypeTour

Terrible late or cancel train service

No matter light rain or heavy rain will cause train service cancel or delay. Travel from Redfern to Townhall and Central like turtle speed. Sydney train probably is the worst train system in the world. Never get improvement.

Horrible

Shocking train system. Late and constantly inconsistant. Bad weather is the only time you have an excuse yet people don't care or give you the benefit of the doubt since you're always late anyway.

Siap

SiapSydney, NSW

Terrible

Sydney train sucks! U can never trust Sydney trains . It just needs an excuse to be delayed or cancelled.even If the weather is too hot or too cold or rainy its a mess Seriously ! Worst experiences!

Airport trains terrible

My family and I arrived at domestoc airport. We each had money in our opal cards however it would not go through. We were clearly distressed and delirious from the flight however the attendanta did not help at all. Instead they laughed at us from behind their window pointing, staring and laughing. The attendant at the gate was leaning on the wall and on her phone. She had noticed us but didnt bother to offer any help. Instead she went to the rest of the crew and joined in laughing. It was a terrible experience.

Vee

VeeBrisgane

Brisbane to Sydney. End 2019

BeeDee K.

BeeDee K.Mid North Coast, NSW

Train travel is the best

Came back from Sydney on Nth Coast train...food is good quality ... scones are yummm... seats were very comfy and roomy .... worth the little extra... great end to a weeks holiday

Sue

SueMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Do not go on the XPT train unless you want to get food poisoning

Do not buy any sandwiches from the buffet car. Bought a BLT sandwich while my travelling companion bought a ham, cheese tomato sandwich. Within two hours I was incredibly sick and my travelling companion was fine. By the time we arrived in Melbourne I was terribly sick and had to arrange for a doctor to visit our hotel room twice who diagnosed me with food poisoning. Tried to lodge a complaint with NSW Transport but they do not care one iota. DO NOT EAT ON THE XPT!