Cover-More Travel Insurance

Medical Only, Premium, Inbound, etc...
3.7 from 2,303 reviews

1,334

Disgusting Claim service with my deceased Mum

My Mum and Dad took out cover in February 2019 for a planned trip in August 2019. My Mum was diagnosed with terminal cancer in July and had to start treatment immediately hence cancel their trip. A claim was lodged, all relevant paper work they asked for supplied. 5 months later and many emails chasing, the claim has still not been finalised or approved. My Mum has days to live and keeps saying please sort it for me your Dad will need the money. Its over $6000. I just kept getting told its been referred to our medical team. DO NOT ever trust this company to pay out on pre booked holidays. Shocking disgraceful ethics. What are they waiting for ? Her death certificate!!!

Claim DateJuly 2019
CBA T.Cover-More Travel Insurance

rhys Hylardrockampton

Absolutely appauled with this service.

My partner and myself had to cancel our oversea trip due to complications in her pregnancy, mind you we did not know of the pregnancy itself before we booked the trip. We have doctors certification proving that she has been hospitalised and will need weekly check ups to make sure her and the baby are ok, hence not being able to travel. Travel more refused our claim stating that they do not cover cancelation with pregnancy 24 weeks or over. I do not recommend cover more. I will be taking the matter further.

DestinationPacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu)

719000639068 is my policy number

Barbara

BarbaraSouth East Queensland, QLD

I go back again and again

Very easy to use and clear to understand what I'm covered for. I always come back to Cover More because I can very quickly find a policy that suits and always feel that everything is written in plain English and transparent.

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationEurope, South America and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
cookie

cookieGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Motorbike accident Thailand

I had major motorbike accident Thailand 2014 hOSPITAL IN tHAI FOR 1 MONTH
Coverage was amazing
flew my brother over to pick me up
couldn't have been better
and they still cover my insurance every year I travel

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Customer Service TeamCover-More Travel Insurance

Thanks for the wonderful feedback.

We look forward providing with Travel Insurance on your future travels.

Jill

JillPerth, WA

Helped us when we REALLY needed it

We had one of the most traumatic experiences of our lives while overseas and could not be more thankful for the caring and compassionate way Covermore dealt with our claim. It took about 2 days to get the claim approved but in the meantime they were still really helpful and offering assistance and advice. Once the claim was approved they acted quickly to get us out of the country and to another country with better facilities for medical care. This was not cheap but they didnt hesitate to give us the best care. On our return to Australia we put in a claim for the items that we had paid for before the claim had been approved and they reimbursed us. Thank you Covermore for making a really bad situation bearable!

Claim DateOctober 2019

Hi Jill,
Thankyou for your feedback, we are glad that you are home safe and all claimed costs have been finalised. We look forward to travelling with you in the future.

Do not use this company

I booked insurance for myself & a friend however she forgot that someone else had already booked her insurance. I rang to cancel but because we were out of the 15 day cooling off period it cost us a quarter of the original sale. This is despite us both having Covermore insurance. I will never use them again.

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)

Hi Alidi,

We'd like to review this for you. Can you please provide your policy number?

Old policy 719100779422
New policy 719001010421
Friends policy 7190000176336
Thank you Id appreciate a second look

Customer Service TeamCover-More Travel Insurance

Hi, we've escalated this for you. Someone will be in touch with you via email.

Rodney W.

Rodney W.South East Queensland, QLD

Service Plus

Requested claim form. Prompt reply received, clear request for supporting documentation. All information submitted once gathered (longest part of claim). Reply received to confirm receipt.
Only delay was due to my not signing one page.
Claim paid in full.

Type of ClaimMedical and Other
CBA T.Cover-More Travel Insurance

Thank you for your 5-star review! We are so happy to hear your booking experience with us was easy. We look forward to helping you again on your next holiday!

Kind regards,
Cover-More Travel Insurance.

Gary W.

Gary W.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Crap call centre staff

So I was online and had one simple question. I rang the call centre and selected what I though was the right option. Got the sales team and when I asked the question they refused to answer and told me if I wasn't going to buy from them then they couldn't help me.

I was going to buy from them but had already entered everything online and just wanted an answer to my question so the call centre guy just dumped my call back to the menu.

Still purchased but I still don't have an answer to my question.

Linda G.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Cancel for any reason

I paid to get Cancel for any reason, and work would not allow me the time off so cancelled immediately this has been prolonged then requested more information which was already started the first time so now must wait another 10 days,
When calling same run around, I would not use nor recommend this Insurance company,

Customer Service TeamCover-More Travel Insurance

We're so sorry about this experience. Can you please provide your claim number so we can follow this up on your behalf?

Claims T.Cover-More Travel Insurance

Hi Linda, thank you for reaching out to us with your claim number. We are sorry yet again for this experience and have contacted your claims officer to finalise your claim as soon as possible.

Ozana

Ozana

Excellent cover

Policy was excellent value, very easy to pick the cover needed.
Have lodged a claim in the past, covermore was excellent they couldn't have done more if they had tried.
Excellent phone help when needed always ended their call with "Can we do anything else for you" they were fantastic. They had it all covered with nothing being a hassle.
Have used covermore a number of times and wouldn't travel without it.
Highly recommend.

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Child
DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea), Europe, North America (inc. Hawaii) and South America
Claim DateJuly 2018
Customer Service TeamCover-More Travel Insurance

Thank you for your feedack.

We're glad to hear that we're able to provide you with a positive experience when dealing with our teams.

Paul S.

Paul S.Perth, WA

Hassle free

I have used cover-more at least 5 times now. I found the process simple and in my one and only claim (Stone chip in rental car window) they were quick and efficient. Highly recommended

Type of ClaimCar/Rental Hire Excess
Claim DateOctober 2016

Thank you for your feedback.

We're glad we're able to assist you. :)

angry5672

angry5672Peel, WA

Fantastic service

Easy process even if you have existing medical conditions. We have used this company several times now and at present see no reason why we should change our CoverMore Travel Insurance company.

Margaret

MargaretGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Prompt and easy claim process

I am so glad that I took the travel agents advice in taking a multi trip annual policy with cover-more. We hired a car and an oncoming vehicle damaged the windscreen. The claim was easy to submit and took only 5 days to process once the final documents were submitted. The best test of insurance is when you make a claim - cover-more surpassed expectations and I would highly recommend.

Claims T.Cover-More Travel Insurance

Thank you for your feedback Margaret, we are pleased that we could help you and look forward to travelling with you in the future.

Marty

MartySouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent Cover,

easy to navigate website, Value for money as compared against other insurers, This is the third time we have assessed and used Covermore multi trip annual policy. Best policy for cruising.

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Senior

Thank you for your feedback.

We're glad to hear hat it was a seamless experience purchasing your policy online.

AdamHobart, TAS

Bad Experience.

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)
Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations
Adam

My claim number is 1315176.

Claims T.Cover-More Travel Insurance

Thank you for letting us know, a member of the claims team will contact you shortly to discuss your claim.

Marie Georgiou

Marie GeorgiouSydney, NSW

Better to be safe then sorry

Policy was great value I have made a claim we lost our wallet in Athens and 200 Euros submitted claim and documents and in 10 working days money was credit straight into our account can not highly recommend Cover More enough thank you. Now making sure my son is covered for his trip too.

Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateNovember 2019
Claims T.Cover-More Travel Insurance

Live chat - satisified my queries so far.

I guess the policy was good value, but I haven't lodge any claim, thanks be to God so, so far, so good. I've used this insurance company approximately, five times. My friends have assured me of its reliability

Customer Service TeamCover-More Travel Insurance

Thank you for your wonderful feedback. So we can pass your feedback to the team member who you spoke to, can you please provide the name of the chat agent and the time you chat with our team member?

Dont waste your money

Cover more - should be Cover Less
My flight was delayed by 1 hour, which meant I missed the last connecting flight to my destination. This in turn meant a rebooking on the next available flight 12pm next day, overall an 19 hour delay. Cover- Less only note the 1 hour delay, not the other 18 hours - what a joke, save your money, use alternate insurance.

Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks

Hi Geoff,
To allow us to investigate your concerns could you plesae provide us with your claim or policy number.

Hi Geoff,
Thankyou for reaching out to us. We will have a member of the Claims Team contact you to discuss your claim.
EB.

Stephen P.

Stephen P.Perth, WA

No hassle, quick turn around

We hired a car in Ireland just last month and decided against taking the additional car insurance with Budget rental as it was very expensive and we already had travel insurance with Cover-More. Unfortunately we had scratched the front bumper...one you would think would not cost much to repair...2 weeks later a $1000 bill had been removed from our credit card.

We easily used the Cover-More claims portal, popped in our car rental agreement, our bill and a few other details and within a week the $1000 was back in my account from Cover-More.

Moral of story, Use Cover-More for your insurance...dont rent from Budget.

Type of ClaimCar/Rental Hire Excess
Claim DateNovember 2019
Claims T.Cover-More Travel Insurance

Hi Stephen, Thankyou for your feedback. We are thrilled that we were able to assist you.

Valerie

ValerieSydney, NSW

Used Cover-More for many Personal Trips again and again!

At my age (pre-computer upbringing) Cover-More make it very easy. Peace of mind knowing my needs are covered. Cover-More has been the Travel Insurance company for a number of my family members. Thank-you.

Insurance Cover For:Senior
DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii), Pacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu) and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Claims T.Cover-More Travel Insurance

Thankyou for your feedback Valerie. We look forward to travelling with you in the future.

Chris

Chrisasked

What if i am not granted entry to the country i Travel like New Zealand that does not require a Visa From Australian

Hi Chris,

You're always welcome to submit a claim to be reviewed by our Claims Department.
However, please note of the policy wording on the Cancellation and Amendment benefit, we will not pay for claims caused by:
9. failure by You or another person to obtain the relevant
visa, passport or travel documents.
16. customs and immigration officials acting in the course
of their duties or You travelling on incorrect travel
documents.

Also, please note of the General Exclusion on page 59 We will not pay for:
9. claims arising from any government intervention,
prohibition, regulation or restriction or court order

Kylie I.

Kylie I.asked

Does the rental car insurance within the domestic policy cover costs incurred if an accident or damage is deemed out fault

Hi Kylie,

There is provision to submit a claim under the benefit Rental Car Insurance Excess benefit.

Please refer to page 51 of the Product Disclosure Statement that outlines what we cover and we don't cover under this benefit https://www.covermore.com.au/sites/default/files/pds_cmh_2019-06-19.3.pdf

Mariaasked

HI
My son is overseas and I want to buy him travel insurance, he is now on his way from US to Iceland and British virgin islands and India. how much would a year worldwide policy be and are there any limitations?

Hi Maria,

With Cover-More Travel Insurance Premium Plan - we can only cover if the traveller has not left their usual place of residence in Australia prior to purchasing the policy. In light of this condition, we are unable to provide cover for your son's trip. You may want to contact National Insurance Brokers Association who can assist you in locating a travel insurance provider that would be suit your needs please visit their website www.niba.com.au

Maria

Very bad - many young people nowadays travel for a year or more and may need insurance whilst overseas
because the one they took prior they left - expired and they have not returned to OZ and decided to stay in the world for longer than planned so they are overseas and need a cover - so why are you called "Cover more" when you can not provide any flexibility at all ?

Thank you for your feedback.

Like other insurance we outline what we cover and what we do not cover, this outlined on the Product Disclosure Statement https://www.covermore.com.au/sites/default/files/pds_cmh_2019-06-19.3.pdf We're sorry that we can't provide your son with cover for his upcoming trip.

Get an answer from our members and Cover-More Travel Insurance representatives