Listing monitored by Cover-More Travel Insurance

• 1-2 weeks (50)
    • 2-4 weeks (42)
    • 1-2 months (48)
    • 3+ months (55)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (117) · No (140)

William M
William MGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrible Customer Service

Mark W
Mark WSouth Australia

Not worth the paper the policy is written on

Visited far north Queensland, virgin cancelled our return flight due to Covid. Re-booked with Qantas, and had our claim refused because our claim 'doesn't fall within any of the defined events listed'
That was the whole point of taking out the insurance in the first place! To ensure we would be covered if we incurred an issue with our travel. Typical of insurance companies.so we are now over $1100 out of pocket, due circumstances beyond our control.
Will never use this company again, and certainly wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

Nick
NickCanberra 2600, ACT

Don't bother.

Took out CoverMore for a trip. My $140 suitcase was damaged on the trip by the airline or baggage handlers. CoverMore paid $7. Appalling. Yes the policy was easy to set up. I did not feel it was good value. Yes they resolved within a couple of months.

WillGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Cover nothing

Travel to Queensland, permit revoked at airport because of covid restrictions in Victoria . Told to purchase return ticket by authorities . Returned home and rang cover more and told no claim available , yet others have had refunds as stated on this site

Michael BSydney, NSW

Absolutely terrible product & company

Fair value but it’s true value became apparent when I was required to make a claim. A payment of AUD$286 for a Apple Mac, damaged beyond repair, (purchase price USD$999 plus taxes), less the excess, was calculated. Be wary of depreciation - 60% in my case. This was extremely disappointing and there is no way I’d use this company ever again.

Michael B

I’ve already spoken to a representative and they informed me the terms of the policy were met. I won’t be using Cover-More again. Very disappointing.

Michael BSydney, NSW

What a disgrace. Don’t even bother!

What a disgrace. I used Cover-More for a three (3) month trip to the US & Mexico from Dec 2020 through Feb 2021. During the trip, I suffered irreparable damage to my Apple Mac on a flight. The laptop cost me $999usd plus taxes less than 3 years ago. The end result, after depreciation & my excess was a payment of $286aud. I’ve contacted Cover-Less in an attempt to have my claim reviewed and the 60% depreciation figure lowered. No reply after one week!

Free T.Perth, WA

Cover absolutely nothing

CM T.Cover-More Travel Insurance

Hi Free, we are sorry to hear about the dissatisfaction with our service. We would love to investigate further, can you please provide your policy number?

Free T.

I gave you the opportunity to call me and you haven't bothered. If you are in fact interested in contacting me, you already have my phone number. Not meaning to sound rude but I won't hold my breath

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Grant C.
Grant C.Central Queensland, QLD

Dont use if you're using to cover covid lockdowns.

Andrea G
Andrea GGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Peace of mind every time I travel

I have used Cover-more for years for holidays in Australia, the USA, and South Pacific. The last time I booked, I had just been diagnosed with an allergy, and the Cover-more team was really helpful in guiding me through the assessment process so that I was comfortable about my level of cover. Good value, easy to speak to an agent if you have questions, and they also tailored a package to suit travel on a freight ship to Cape York!
When COVID restrictions impacted travel they contacted me and offered a refund. I was amazed.

Cathy Perry
Cathy PerrySouth East Queensland, QLD

Very disappointing!

magoo
magooGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Existing user

We've used Covermore for all our past Travels, never made a Claim, used for peace of mind.
APRIL 2020 Covid stopped trip, got cancelled 2 weeks prior to departure, via Flight Centre, Scenic Tours and Covermore all money was refunded, Very grateful no issues some delay , as was expected, thoroughly satisfied customer. Thanks Neil and Sharon

Liz J
Liz J

Query on policy inclusion or exclusion couldn't be answered by online chat

Question was regarding Cancellation Cost. I just wanted to confirm that the prepaid Motorhome hire in NZ would be covered under cancellation section as this is our major travel cost. Couldn't tell me and advised I go to a broker. I confirmed I wasn't asking with regards to insurance of Motor Home. First time user of Covermore will check elsewhere.

John
JohnGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Useless phone system

Rang 4 times..3 times the phone calls cut off..then no knowledge of the policy at all on the phone .
Will try and cancel from inception now as they don’t provide support

Nev J
Nev JWestern Australia

Covermore application

Overall application form fairly straight forward but some quirky aspects are annoying such as putting in a second person wipes out information from applicant 1 Velocity number disappears multiple times

DestinationAustralia
Claim Made No
Rebecca K.
Rebecca K.

Awful if you need to make a claim

I have had my family yearly policy with covermore for years. When the time came to making a claim they did not want to pay for anything. They then said I could cancel my yearly policy as I had not been able to travel due to Covid. When I submitted this they asked for proof I had not travelled as this was a different department. Why bother having insurance when a company just wants to reject everything.

Willasked
Cover-More Travel Insurance

hi i looking at travelling to a few country's world wide , i looking at yearly insurance . i am in Australia 67 years when i leave Australia am i covered for covid 19 if get sick

lynnasked
Cover-More Travel Insurance

Why do you keep a third of our travel insurance for June 2021,policy no 719000586914. When we queried your staff we were told to read fine print, all 83 pages of it.

Hi Lynn,

Thank you for providing you policy number.
This has been escalated to the policies team, please expect a phone call or correspondence from one of our team members within 1- 2 business days.

Kind Regards
CM

lynn

Still waiting to hear from someone, anyone??. Is this company still in business or gone with the travel agents?

lynn

Hello. Is anyone there???

Buffy
Buffyasked
Cover-More Travel Insurance

Hi, got travel insurance in Oct 2019, when I entered into this contract with you, covid-19 hadn’t been started yet! Our cruise was to be March 2020, which the ship company cancelled in March. Can we get a refund? Cruise company gone to an administrator.

Dianne

Jen
Jen

Please address question to Covermore.

Hi Jen,

We are unable to give an answer without reviewing the claim and policy coverage.
You can lodge a claim online via our online claims tool https://claims.covermore.com.au

Kind regards,,

Medical Coverage
Overseas Emergency Assistance $10,000,000Not CoveredNot CoveredUnlimited
Accidental Death$10,000$10,000$10,000Not Included
Emergency Dental$10,000,000Not IncludedNot IncludedUnlimited
Pregnancy (max weeks) Optional cover for up to the 24th weekOptional cover for up to the 24th weekOptional cover for up to the 24th weekOptional cover for up to the 24th week
Resumption of Journey Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Hospital Cash Allowance$50 per day, up to $1,000Not IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital Expenses$10,000,000Not CoveredNot CoveredUnlimited
Loss of IncomeNot Included$1,500$1,500Not Included
Permanent DisabilityNot Included$10,000$10,000Not Included
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Delayed Luggage $200 after 24 hoursNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Credit Card Fraud$3,000 as part of Travel Documents cover$3,000 as part of Travel Documents cover$3,000 as part of Travel Documents coverNot Included
Travel Documents / Passport $3,000$3,000$3,000Not Included
Maximum Single Item Limit $200 (Any Items)$300 (Any Items)$300 (Any Items)
Luggage & Personal Effects $3,000$3,000$3,000Not Included
Ancillary
Personal Liability $1,000,000$200,000$200,000$2,500,000
Rental Vehicle Excess Optional Extra$4,000$4,000Unlimited
Motorbike / Moped Coverage Optional cover for up to 200cc motorbikeOptional cover for up to 200cc motorbikeOptional cover for up to 200cc motorbikeOptional cover for up to 200cc motorbike
Domestic Pet Care Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included