3.5

2,487 reviews
Sneakysmum

SneakysmumDee Why

Worst customer service ever!

Maria

MariaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Happy ending

As a follow up to our insurance saga, I am happy to report that Cover more have re considered our request for a full refund due to our cancellation because of Covid 19 and we have recovered 100% of our $1300 payment. Many thanks to the person who suggested we contact AFCA.org.au as they were instrumental in assisting a reassessment of our claim. I am very pleased with this outcome. Cheers.

Claim ApprovedYes

Shameful service

In February we took out travel insurance with covermore & now are being ignored by them as we try for a refund. Lodged a complaint with AFCA this morning. Had enough of their lack of response.

Hi RES,

We're so sorry to hear about your experience. Can we please have your policy number and the email you have sent your request to?

Graeme L

Graeme LSouth East Queensland, QLD

On line portal is poor

I have no issue with CoverMore as such although my latest claim (due to the virus) is being stalled as my TA said it would be.
The on line portal is fine when submitting documents and claiming info but after that gives no update how your claim is going. Just says either further info requested without saying what or says further info received and expect hear within 10 days. No real claim updates at all.

LolsBoyMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

Questionable Refund Policy

Purchased travel insurance with Covermore in 2019 for $2400+. Travel was cancelled due to Viking cancelling all cruises and the Indian Government stopping all eVisas. Requested a refund PRIOR to our intended journey START and was provided with a refund LESS 25% of the amount paid. We therefore have a loss of $600+. There is NO wording in the Covermore policy to explain cancellation of policies outside the cooling off period. The Covermore take of 25% is an arbitary figure dreamed up by them. We believe the refund should be 100% of the amount paid. Have received 100% refund from Viking. We have used Covermore on several instances in the past and we would think twice before using them in future.

DestinationEurope and Middle East
Claims T.Cover-More Travel Insurance

Hi, we're sorry to hear we have disappointed you.

Can we please ask for your policy number so we can look into this matter for you?

LolsBoy

The details were requested and provided some time back. I was informed via Covermore that someone would be in contact with me. No contact, nothing.

Alfie

AlfieSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Appalling service

Bought the comprehensive insurance last year before Covid 19 , Cancellation for what ever reason was $3000.I paid extra for that. Now we can't travel till December and I cancel the Trip they turn around and use Covid as an excuse for not paying

DestinationAfrica

JockeygirlSouth East Queensland, QLD

Absolutely disgusting not even 1 star due

Unfortunately this was the Commonwealth Bank choice.
From start the service was disgusting, waited 3 hours on the phone many times finally was escalated to a team leader who had no idea what was happening and I received at least 6 different employees which was delayed months.
I finally got my claim rejected even though it was on medical reasons nothing to do with the COVID-19.
I’m now appealing the decision with the government department.

Type of ClaimMedical
Jockeygirl

Unfortunately travel insurance is an a necessary evil

Claim Number 9006858

Maria

MariaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

A very disappointing experience

Purchased travel insurance in December for our overseas trip in May. Had to cancel due to Covid 19, not our choice to do so. How unfair to charge us 25% cancellation fee for something which was not our fault. Numerous phone calls to try and reason with these people to no avail. Will not budge. They refuse to refund full amount. We requested to speak to a manager we were told that we would be called back in a couple of days. Days later no calls, they’ve shown contempt for their customers. Very poor business model in my opinion they take your money and don’t care.

darreng7

darreng7South East Queensland, QLD

avoid them like the plague!

Hi,

We appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback. We would like to look into this matter for you, can you please provide your policy number?

Stephen

quick to take your money then hide behind fine print. They stink

Used covermore for over 25years, they got thousands out of me. Should have just banked the money. When you need them they hide behind fine print. Never again. Waisted my time and money.

DestinationSouth-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months

Hi Stephen,

We're sorry to hear that we have disappointed you. Can we please ask for your policy number so we can look into this

Sue_CurbySydney

0 score

DestinationSouth-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months

Disappointed

DestinationAustralia and Europe
Claim ApprovedYes

Hi Luka,

We're so sorry to hear about your experience. Can we please ask for your policy number and the email address you sent your enquiry to?

Dora

DoraGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Disgusted with refund policy

My trip to Europe was canceled due to Covid-19. Cover-more are only offering to refund a small portion of the travel insurance fee, or provide a full credit voucher valid for 2 years. This policy is extremely unethical and shows a poor practice which only benefits Cover-more. Clearly this highlights the level of GREED by Cover-more, who evidently do not look after their customers when it comes to providing a refund.

DestinationAustralia

SusanSydney, NSW

Appalling Service

Xueying R

Xueying RGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Disappointing customer service, worthless policy

Called customer service in March 2020 to cancel my unused, no claim policy due to COVID and requested a refund. After waiting 3 weeks I contacted again with no response. Then received a generic email promising a full refund but with no time frames given. I followed up with 3 emails over the last few weeks without any reply or acknowledgement. I am very fed up with CoverMore and I will be contacting AFCA about this terrible service.

L.Teys

L.TeysNew South Wales

Absolutely disgusting to do business with during a global pandemic

I have no good words to say about Cover-More Travel Insurance. Yes, I understand we are in a global pandemic and yes, I completely understand that there are many people who are wanting their insurance refunded/credited. In saying that hire more people to deal with the high volume. Cover-More should have had a backup plan for when something like this happened. I emailed in March for my refund. No reply. I phoned in April and after being left on hold for 2 hours I gave up. Emailed again, nothing. Tried the live chat many times, nothing. Disgusting!!! Absolutely disgusting. If a global pandemic can happen once it can happen again. Maybe be better prepared next time Cover-More.

DestinationPacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu)

New businessGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Shady and unprofessional

I paid extra for cancellation cover. After calling for help and discussing our need to cancel my claim was rejected. Covermore denying giving any advice as THEY had no recording. Lost over $12k and our family holiday was destroyed. Dont use them, disgraceful service.

Claim DateMarch 2019

Claim number 1242559

New business

As expected no further contact from Cover-more (Zurich).
Dont use this company they are completely useless!

Rip off

PN 719001108232 Took out insurance in Jan for travel in June and then COVID19 hit Was unable to travel due to government cancelling all flights and now cover more charging me a cancellation fee of 25 % for each member of my family for insurance I never used ,how do you justify a fee for a service you did not provide it was not my choice to cancel ,if it’s not illegal it should be, please refund my money, and to top it off I just on hold for 32 mins and then cut off

DestinationAustralia
Damien

DamienSydney Surrounds, NSW

I won't ever book Cover-More again

International flights have been cancelled and All Nippon Airways have offered a full refund. However, Cover-More are only offering credit or 75% refund for the unused policy. Why 75%? It makes no sense.

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)

Tricia

Triciaasked

Cover-More Travel Insurance

Stuck between a rock and a hard place. Left the country to USA 14th March. To cancel for any reason would require 48 hour notice. Everything was still ok for travel. Get to the USA and everything is shut. Told to come home.
Would love to hear from anyone who was in a similar situation, who had done part travel.

Sue_Curby

Make a claim if they reject report them to AFCA. They are rejecting on the grounds of pandemic. You have a valid reason.

michael

michaelasked

Michael and Christine ,
We had insurance through your company for a flight from Brisbane to Queenstown New Zealand return in April 2020, we were asked for our banking details which we supplied to Flightcentre they specified the amount we would be refunded and we have seen nothing in the way of funds refund or any Communication from either your company or flight centre.
Please advise as to when your company is refunding us or if you have refunded flightcentre as this is beyond a fair deal we did nothing but are having our funds with held.

Regards
Michael and Christine Ritter.

Judith

Judithasked

Cover-More Travel Insurance

Our airfares for Italy in August September have been cancelled by Emirates and we will
Receive a full refund. Our covermore travel CFAR insurance will only refund us about half what we paid Insurance was for 10k cover but we had only paid about $3000. Can you help us please? Judith

Get an answer from our members and Cover-More Travel Insurance representatives