3Cover-More Travel Insurance

2.2
2.2
Helpful customer service
Easy to apply
Can take a while to finalise claims

2,972 reviews
Joseph
JosephSydney, NSW
  Verified International

Excellent customer service

Cover-More are extremely professional and provided fantastic customer service. They sent some helpful tips before we travelled and their App is easy to use and load on my phone. I lodged 2 claims when I returned from my holiday which they processed within a week :-) Show details
Brad J.
Brad J.South East Queensland, QLD6 posts
  Verified Cover-More Travel Insurance

Great to deal with

Prompt, courteous, great feedback from the customer team, once the requested documentation was supplied the claim was promptly processed Show details
Alan z.
Alan z.Perth, WA13 posts
  International

Waste of money do not use

We paid extra and when I lost my camera and my daughter was unwell we couldn't claim anything, back and forth with Cover less and got nowhere. Never again. Show details
Bill C.
Bill C.Sydney, NSW2 posts
  Multi-Trip

Happy travellers after the disappointment of cancelled travel plans and negative responses from Booking.Com

We submitted our claim on a Sunday, got an immediate auto generated response, had a real person respond on the Monday reminding us of the information required to support the claim (we hadn't provided everything), by the Thursday we had an initial assessment covering what we would get paid (not everything we claimed), with a thorough logical explanation of how the decision was decided, with an invitation to dispute if we wanted. We didn't, as we understood the logic. Paid out on Friday. Top marks from us. Show details
Ibs
Ibs

Excellent Service by Cover-More

I have been impressed with the timely response and quality service provided when I made a travel claim Show details ·  1
Engima2
Engima2Metropolitan Adelaide, SA15 posts
Ralph
RalphGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC3 posts

Satisfying

I had a claim for trip cancellation due to illness. I claimed the portion of the loss that I was covered for ($1000, about half of actual trip cost), and I got the refund. Nothing to complain about. Show details ·  1
Peter H
Peter HIllawarra, NSW5 posts
  Verified Single Trip

Great experience

I took out travel insurance with CoverMore, through my travel agent and got a very good price. Some of our equiment was damaged during the trip so I lodged a claim online with CoverMore. The claim process was very simple and I was delighted to positive reply in less than 48 hours. Very happy with CoverMore Show details ·  1
Barrie
BarrieWide Bay-Burnett, QLD7 posts

Cover More vehicle claim

While overseas in Finland and driving a hire car I was unfortunate that the car slide into a ditch after I had stopped on snow and ice. The car was damaged and I had to have it repaired which I did. This necessitated me having to hire another car while mine was being repaired as well as paying for accommodation. I submitted a claim to Cover More for the cost of repairs+car hire+accommodation. After assessing my claim they paid my total costs. I am grateful that Cover More accepted my explanation of what happened and chose to pay the claim. I would recommend them and will insure with them again. Show details ·  1
GLENYS H.
GLENYS H.Central Queensland, QLD4 posts
  International

If you need help they will not be there for you

My partner fell and smashed his front teeth out in an accident. We could not contact any reps. The phone helpline looped. We left an email. It wasn't returned. Had to phone our travel rep who got them to contact us. They will not cover the repair to his teeth if we leave the country and return home! He will need 4 screw in teeth to fix the damage, and we can't afford to stay for the few weeks it will take to replace them as it's a process according to the dentist who assessed him. Feel so abandoned and ripped off. Will never use them again. Absolutely a waste of money. Look elsewhere. Show details
Ronni S.
Ronni S.Sydney Surrounds, NSW2 posts
jennifer
jenniferSydney, NSW

Thanks for your service

My claim was for reimbursement of unforeseen accommodation costs due to my contracting Covid 19 during my holiday. I found the claim form a little difficult to understand, but when I downloaded it again it had been vastly improved - thank you. Also the two staff members I spoke to over the phone were very helpful and clear. I have used Covermore a few times, each time I book through Flight Centre, but have never needed to make a claim before, and this has reassured me that using Covermore is worth it. The claim was resolved quickly, too. Thank you. Show details ·  1
Loren J
Loren JSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts
  Verified Single Trip

Great service!

Great price for a quick trip, and when some issues arose, we had resolution within 3 days of returning. Extremely happy with the service. Show details ·  1
Cynthia
Cynthia
  Medical Only Travel Insurance

Very helpful

All enquires were answered very well the agent was very helpful Show details ·  1
Alby
Alby2 posts
  Domestic

Successful claim for cancellation

Covermore were very thorough in their assessment process. They kept me informed regularly until the claim was completed (3+months). I’m very satisfied with the outcome. The policy was good value and we never travel without it. Show details ·  1

Tony K.
Tony K. · Cover-More Travel Insurance

Does your travel insurance policy cover repatriation from overseas in the event of accidental death?
TK

Mary Everingham · Cover-More Travel Insurance

Does Cover More travel insurance provide cancellation cover for close family illness or death (mother not travelling with us) over 85?

nick f.
nick f.

Not sure

Mary Everingham

I need to contact CoverMore but just read a post on FB which shocked me..."most" companies don't! We'll have to hope nothing happens!

Andrew and Louise L.
Andrew and Louise L. · Cover-More Travel Insurance

Does your cover apply for accidents after moderate drinking

About Cover-More Travel Insurance

Cover-More Travel Insurance offers the following types of insurance:

• Annual multi-trip travel insurance
  • Domestic travel insurance
  • Cruise travel insurance
  • Ski & snowboard travel insurance
  • Seniors travel insurance

They also offer insurance for adventure activities, motorcycles and mopeds, inbound plans, comprehensive insurance, and more. The company has been operating for over 35 years.

What have reviewers thought of Cover-More Travel Insurance so far?

Reviews have been mixed, although there have been more positive reviews than negative reviews of Cover-More. Among positive reviews, reviewers said that although it could take a while on the phone to reach a representative, once they did reach them they were helpful, polite, and thorough.

Reviewers also said that it was easy to apply for a policy. One common point of pain among negative reviews said that it sometimes took a while for Cover-More to finalise their claim.

Compare all Cover-More Travel Insurance listings
Medical Coverage
Overseas Emergency Assistance UnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimited
Accidental Death$25,000$25,000Not Included$25,000
Emergency Dental$2,000Unlimited$2,000
Pregnancy (max weeks) Optional cover for up to the 24th weekOptional cover for up to the 24th weekOptional cover for up to the 24th weekOptional cover for up to the 24th week
Resumption of Journey $3,000Not IncludedNot Included$3,000
Hospital Cash Allowance$50 per day, up to $6,000Not IncludedNot Included$50 per day, up to $6,000
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesUnlimitedNot CoveredUnlimitedUnlimited
Loss of Income$30,000$30,000Not Included$30,000
Permanent Disability$25,000$25,000Not Included$25,000
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash $250Not IncludedNot Included$250
Delayed Luggage $1,100$1,100Not Included$1,100
Credit Card Fraud$15,000 as part of Travel Documents cover$3,000 as part of Travel Documents coverNot Included$15,000 as part of Travel Documents cover
Travel Documents / Passport $15,000$3,000Not Included$15,000
Maximum Single Item Limit $4,000 (Cameras)$4,000 (Camera, Video Camera, & Laptop), $3,000 (Tablet Computer)$4,000 (Cameras)
Luggage & Personal Effects $15,000$5,000Not Included$15,000
Ancillary
Personal Liability $2,500,000$2,500,000$2,500,000$2,500,000
Rental Vehicle Excess $5,000$5,000Unlimited$5,000
Motorbike / Moped Coverage Optional cover for up to 250cc motorbikeOptional cover for up to 250cc motorbikeOptional cover for up to 250cc motorbikeOptional cover for up to 250cc motorbike
Domestic Pet Care Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included