• Claim Resolution Time
    • 1-2 weeks (50)
    • 2-4 weeks (40)
    • 1-2 months (47)
    • 3+ months (53)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (113) · No (136)

magoo

magooGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Existing user

We've used Covermore for all our past Travels, never made a Claim, used for peace of mind.
APRIL 2020 Covid stopped trip, got cancelled 2 weeks prior to departure, via Flight Centre, Scenic Tours and Covermore all money was refunded, Very grateful no issues some delay , as was expected, thoroughly satisfied customer. Thanks Neil and Sharon

Liz J

Liz J

Query on policy inclusion or exclusion couldn't be answered by online chat

Question was regarding Cancellation Cost. I just wanted to confirm that the prepaid Motorhome hire in NZ would be covered under cancellation section as this is our major travel cost. Couldn't tell me and advised I go to a broker. I confirmed I wasn't asking with regards to insurance of Motor Home. First time user of Covermore will check elsewhere.

John

JohnGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Useless phone system

Rang 4 times..3 times the phone calls cut off..then no knowledge of the policy at all on the phone .
Will try and cancel from inception now as they don’t provide support

Nev J

Nev JWestern Australia

Covermore application

Overall application form fairly straight forward but some quirky aspects are annoying such as putting in a second person wipes out information from applicant 1 Velocity number disappears multiple times

Claim MadeNo
Rebecca K.

Rebecca K.

Awful if you need to make a claim

I have had my family yearly policy with covermore for years. When the time came to making a claim they did not want to pay for anything. They then said I could cancel my yearly policy as I had not been able to travel due to Covid. When I submitted this they asked for proof I had not travelled as this was a different department. Why bother having insurance when a company just wants to reject everything.

Sue S.

Sue S.Perth, WA

Very easy to munbderstand inclusions and purchase

I had no problems choosing the appropriate policy and making the purchase in very few keystrokes. Payment through Paypal was easliy managed. The policy included the items I needed for a quick domestic trip

David Ungar

David UngarSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Reliable and Easy

We have used CoverMore over the years for all our Domestic and Overseas Travel Insurance, knowing that when we need it, it works. One major claim due to a cancelled trip to Bali when a volcano erupted was successful and uncomplicated.

Susan K.

Susan K.Western Australia

No service. Rudeness.

I phoned up cover-more this morning. I spoke to a rude lady in the Philippines. She put me through to another section. After about 15 minutes I was talking to the same rude lady who cut me off in middle of sentence to connect to another section. Again was waiting for 15 minutes before I gave up. Needless to say I
went elsewhere for travel insurance. If this is the way customers are treated before they even buy travel insurance I would hate to think what they would be like if you put in a claim. besides this cover-more gave me the most expensive quote.

Ady

AdySydney, NSW

Great Support during a difficult time

We got a Cover More insurance with our flights to Hamilton Last December. When Jetstar cancelled our flight we were suddenly forced to buy tickets on a new flight. We lodged a claim with CoverMore which took a decent amount of time to resolve. They are very efficient and provided us with great service during this difficult time. I feel the issue was resolved in a timely manner and I would definitely use this insurance again in the future.

CM T.Cover-More Travel Insurance

Hi Ady, thank you so much for your 5 star review! We are delighted to hear we could assist you in this situation, and look forward to covering you on your future trips!

ozemite

ozemiteMid North Coast, NSW

Fantastic. Will use again in future

I took a travel insurance policy with Cover-More for our annual trip to the Gold Coast. Due to the Corona Virus we never got there and what a surprise I got when Cover-More refunded my coverage fee in full. I recommend them 100%. Couldn't be happier.

CM T.Cover-More Travel Insurance

Hi there! Thank you for taking the time to provide your 5-star review. We are so happy to hear your experience with us went well, and hope to be able to cover your future trips.

Deahnna P.Perth, WA

Worst Travel Insurance Company

CM T.Cover-More Travel Insurance

Hi Deahnna. We're sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction with our service so far.
We would like to look into this one further for you. Can you let us know your policy number, or claim number?

Brett

BrettADELAIDE

Should be Cover Nothing Insurance

Had Covermore Insurance, was overseas and wife's grandfather passed away. We were on honeymoon at time and had to fly back early due to this death but Covernothing refused to pay for our airfares back as it was inevitable that her grandfather would die and we 'should' have stayed home and not traveled. Anyone with Covid problems, good luck they will have a preexisting excuse not to pay out because death is inevitable......

Glen

GlenSouth East Queensland, QLD

First choice always.

Have used this company several times and always easy to set up and always good value. Have made one claim which was handled very efficiently and company was very supportive. Will always use this company and absolutely recommend it.

Plain English

I requested information regarding COVID-19 and compulsory isolation for domestic travel to Norfolk Island. Instead of all the garbage received, a simple reply would have been ". . . you are only covered for isolation IF the borders are closed during the term of the insured trip".
I have used Covermore on previous occasions without problems. My preferred contact is 'phone !

Ripped off

Ripped offSouth East Queensland, QLD

Refund of all insurance premiums will be given due to Pandemic but ONLY if NO claim made!

Ian G

Ian Gcatskill

Totally clueless

There is a spot to add cancellation to a medical policy, but I was having trouble adding it in. I tried the chat, after waiting 30 minutes I received a standard we do not cover covid 19 This is not what I asked. Tried again and got more bumf on covid 19. Never got an answer.
Interestingly there was a link to this site. Glad I did, reading the other reviews and in light of my recent experience I will go elsewhere for cover. If they cannot answer a simple question in chat , they do not get my money. imagine trying to claim

Travel Insurance to USA

The policy seems good value and extremely easy to set up. First time I used this company but as our international travel eases I would consider them again. Thank you

WillfredPerth, WA

Lots of excuses but THEY DON'T PAY

Our 7 week holiday to Europe had to be cancelled due to Covid-19. Had chosen for an annual insurance and all was booked through Travel agency
Most of costs such as Airlines, Hotels, Car hire were refunded but Covermore is NOT COVERING anything.
They should have their name changed to CoverNothing. Would not recommend them to my worst enemy.
Pity that companies have such an attitude to their customers especially using a logo " Travel Insurance You Can Trust".

DestinationEurope

JeremySouth East Queensland, QLD

They don’t pay

Gave up on claim only few grand
Multiple phone calls to myself and travel agent
Had dozen policies over several years one claim they clearly didn’t want to pay
Police report , receipt etc gave up dodgy company

Sharon M.

Sharon M.Sydney, NSW

Left me in a hospital in Colombia for 4 nights

What more to say, I’m still traumatised by my experience. It took threats from my family to get the Australian embassy involved to get me out of hospital after a cycling crash. If they hadn’t I’d probably still be there. To add insult to my injuries I had to pay my own Colombian hospital bill by credit card before leaving... in February. When did they finally pay out my claim? JUNE! Ugh, the Covermore whole service is utterly inept. Avoid at all costs.

lynnasked

Cover-More Travel Insurance

Why do you keep a third of our travel insurance for June 2021,policy no 719000586914. When we queried your staff we were told to read fine print, all 83 pages of it.

Hi Lynn,

Thank you for providing you policy number.
This has been escalated to the policies team, please expect a phone call or correspondence from one of our team members within 1- 2 business days.

lynn

Still waiting to hear from someone, anyone??. Is this company still in business or gone with the travel agents?

lynn

Hello. Is anyone there???

Buffy

Buffyasked

Cover-More Travel Insurance

Hi, got travel insurance in Oct 2019, when I entered into this contract with you, covid-19 hadn’t been started yet! Our cruise was to be March 2020, which the ship company cancelled in March. Can we get a refund? Cruise company gone to an administrator.

Dianne

Jen
Jen

Please address question to Covermore.

Hi Jen,

We are unable to give an answer without reviewing the claim and policy coverage.
You can lodge a claim online via our online claims tool https://claims.covermore.com.au

Kind regards,,

Asanka P.

Asanka P.asked

Hi,

My policy No. is 719001040712 booked through Flight Centre. Out trip to China scheduled on 27 April 2020 did not eventuate due to the Govt travel ban.

Flight Centre has informed me that you have refunded them only 75% and charged a 25% cancellation fee.

Since we haven't even boarded a plane (ie the trip did not start) I would like to know the rationale behind charging a cancellation fee at all?

Grateful if you could clarify ...

Asanka

Hi Asanka,

Thank you for your question.

We apologise for the delay in response.

We recognise this is an unprecedented time you are requesting for a full refund.

Upon reviewing your policy, we note the remaining funds have been processed back to your travel agent.

Since you have purchased your insurance through an agent, please contact them directly to discuss any outstanding funds.

Should you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kind regards,

Medical Coverage
Overseas Emergency Assistance $10,000,000Not CoveredNot CoveredUnlimited
Accidental Death$10,000$10,000$10,000Not Included
Emergency Dental$10,000,000Not IncludedNot IncludedUnlimited
Pregnancy (max weeks) Optional cover for up to the 24th weekOptional cover for up to the 24th weekOptional cover for up to the 24th weekOptional cover for up to the 24th week
Resumption of Journey Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Hospital Cash Allowance$50 per day, up to $1,000Not IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital Expenses$10,000,000Not CoveredNot CoveredUnlimited
Loss of IncomeNot Included$1,500$1,500Not Included
Permanent DisabilityNot Included$10,000$10,000Not Included
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Delayed Luggage $200 after 24 hoursNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Credit Card Fraud$3,000 as part of Travel Documents cover$3,000 as part of Travel Documents cover$3,000 as part of Travel Documents coverNot Included
Travel Documents / Passport $3,000$3,000$3,000Not Included
Maximum Single Item Limit $200 (Any Items)$300 (Any Items)$300 (Any Items)
Luggage & Personal Effects $3,000$3,000$3,000Not Included
Ancillary
Personal Liability $1,000,000$200,000$200,000$2,500,000
Rental Vehicle Excess Optional Extra$4,000$4,000Unlimited
Motorbike / Moped Coverage Optional cover for up to 200cc motorbikeOptional cover for up to 200cc motorbikeOptional cover for up to 200cc motorbikeOptional cover for up to 200cc motorbike
Domestic Pet Care Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included