1,306

CBA T.Cover-More Travel Insurance

Suzi L

Suzi LRichmond-Tweed, NSW

FAST AND EFFICIENT

My insurance was a free policy through Mastercard but I paid an additional $57 for cruise cover. I had a dreadful cruise where I got the flu and pneumonia and had to be admitted to the on-board hospital in an emergency. Made my claim online which was quite easy but time-consuming as I had numerous documents to scan and upload. Anyway, no human contact needed, Cover-More paid up within 10 working days. On the online claim form, there was a radio button to select whether the claim was for the insured or a companion. I'm impressed because my husband also had a medical bill which amounted to about the Excess fee and I just added in my notes to them that I felt it should be covered in the one claim and they did so.

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea) and Pacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu)
Claim DateSeptember 2019
Customer Service TeamCover-More Travel Insurance

Thank you for your wonderful feedback.

Jason2927

Jason2927AU

Stretching things out

Trip of a lifetime, paid for in full. Admitted to hospital for a routine procedure 2 weeks prior to departure. The hospital procedure went horribly wrong and we lost our beautiful Mum. Covermore now looking for pre-existing health problems to help them avoid paying. Giving her partner the run-around, proof of this, proof of that, jump through hoops. Evidence of this, evidence of that!! Absolutely disgusted the way they are treating this claim!!

Insurance TypeMulti-Trip
Customer Service TeamCover-More Travel Insurance

Hi, we'd like to follow this on your behalf, can you please provide your claim number?

Rachel

RachelOrmeau

What a joke!!!!!!

Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property

Hobbit25South East Queensland, QLD

Dreadful Website

Be prepared to spend ages filling-out the forms. Once on the Quote page, there is no link to the PDS (which you should read) the link is hidden at the bottom of the home page. Medical conditions; after answering many questions it won't accept payment until you accept the EMC, you go back, but there is no accept button, the Live Chat insists there is. There isn't. You have first 'confirm conditions' which is not explained. Then the accept button appears. Live chats advice was to start all over again. Very annoying. Time wasting.
Policy Number: 719100787549

Customer Service TeamCover-More Travel Insurance

We're so sorry about this experience.

We will share this to the relevant area who looks after the design of our site.

Hobbit25

And I still haven't received any Velocity points or a reply to my email asking why I haven't received those points.

CBA T.Cover-More Travel Insurance

Thank you for letting us know.
We have sent a follow up email to the relevant team providing your feedback.
CS

Ross

RossSydney, NSW

Efficient and Professional

Customer Service TeamCover-More Travel Insurance

Thank you for sharing your experience.

We're always glad to hear that we're able to assist.

Reviewer

ReviewerTasmania

"24/7 assistance" is a blatant lie!

Contacted Cover-More seeking assistance with a medical emergency overseas... it's been 4 days and I'm still waiting for their "24/7 in-house emergency medical and travel assistance team." to get back to me. It doesn't matter now as I'm back in Australia and have been forced to seek treatment locally.

Go somewhere else for travel insurance. This company is a joke.

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)
Customer Service TeamCover-More Travel Insurance

We're so sorry about this experience.

Can we kindly ask the details in relation to this enquiry, can we ask did you send an email to assist@worldtravelprotection or did you attempt to contact them over the phone?

Eddoria

EddoriaSydney, NSW

Easy online claim process and communication

I had to claim for damaged suitcase whilst travelling overseas. Very easy online process to create a claim and upload photos. Communication was received when it was due and the claim paid in a very timely manner.

Type of ClaimOther
Customer Service TeamCover-More Travel Insurance

Thank you for your positive feedback.

Graham C.

Graham C.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Was not happy

It took me a long time to get my policy. First they kept saying my age was wrong. Secondly they kept saying put a value in but there was no section to put a value. it took me about 40 minutes to get my policy when it should have taken me about 10 minutes.

Customer Service TeamCover-More Travel Insurance

We're so sorry about this experience you had online.

We'll pass your feedback to the relevant department.

Reviewer

ReviewerPerth

Wow, could they be any more inefficient with claims processing?

Customer Service TeamCover-More Travel Insurance

Hi, we're so sorry to hear about your experience dealing with our team on the phone. We'd like to follow your claim on your behalf, can you please provide your claim number?

Foreman Foto

Foreman FotoPerth, WA

The best service in the market.

My teenage son missed a domestic flight after checking in with Virgin because security detained him. I was forced to book and pay for a new flight. After giving a full account and supporting evidence, Cover-More honoured my claim on behalf of my son. I pay tribute to their professionalism in processing the claim and shall take all travel insurance cover with them in future. I do not hesitate to recommend all prospective travellers in Australia to do the same with Cover-More. Well done!

Insurance Cover For:Teenager
Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Customer Service TeamCover-More Travel Insurance

Thank you for your positive review!

Jacqueline T.

Jacqueline T.South East Queensland, QLD

Very efficient and speedy claim approval

I recently had to cancel an overseas business trip due to a medical condition and submitted a claim for expenses incurred. I followed the on-line claim form and submitted the relevant documents and was fully re-funded all monies (minus excess) in a very speedy and efficient manner. I would highly recommend Cover-More Insurance to anyone.

DestinationNew Zealand
Customer Service TeamCover-More Travel Insurance

Thank you for your feedback!

So very disappointed!!!!!

William

WilliamSydney, NSW

Do not waste your money or time with Covermore

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)
Type of ClaimMedical and Travel Delays/Cancellations
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateJune 2019
Claims T.Cover-More Travel Insurance

Hi William,

Apologies for the delay in responding to you. I am sorry to hear of your experience in making a claim. Would you be able to provide your policy or claim number to allow us to review this and contact you.

Biggest scam out there

Had a serious illness supported by all docs and cover more just gave me the run around and wanted me to deal with Ava (some robot at the airline co.) who also gave me the run around in robot talk. NOT GOOD ENOUGH, don't go there

Insurance TypeMulti-Trip
Claim DateAugust 2019
Customer Service TeamCover-More Travel Insurance

Hi, we're so sorry to hear about this experience. If this is in relation to a claim you have submitted, can you kindly provide your claim number please?

bobbyb

bobbyb

Scam company

We had a straight forward case. Flights got cancelled due to weather and had to pay $2800 to get home. After 2 months cover more finally decided they would pay $900... Not even half. Absolutely pathetic outcome from a pathetic company. My partner was in the exact same boat but was insured with Allianz. He got $2500 back within 3 weeks of claiming. That's how straight forward it should have been.

The reason I call them a scam is that they claim as I received a Qantas point refund of 55 000 points then that is the equivalent of receiving $1400. What an absolute joke. They can provide no reasoning for this but simply made up this figure from the top of their head. I have nothing good to say about them, go with Allianz.

Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations
Claim DateJuly 2019
Customer Service TeamCover-More Travel Insurance

Hi Bobby, so we can follow up on your behalf regarding the reasoning for the outcome of your claim, can you please provide your Claim Number?

Vicki

VickiNorth Western Region, NSW

Great to deal with

We have used covermore often for travel insurance. My hubby and 2 sons claimed when their deep sea fishing trip had a few days cancelled. They were amazing in dealing with the claim.
Just recently we have used covermore when traveling to Cook Islands. I was comforted to read we could assess an Australian doctor if required by phone covered by covermore.
We have had a great experience dealing with covermore

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationPacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu)
Customer Service TeamCover-More Travel Insurance

Thank you for your feedback.

Web Page Suggestion

Process was good, but if you can please put a larger separation between the assessment commencement line for a first applicant and the commencement of the second applicant. I miss it every time because it sits separate from the first person and immediately above the second applicant. Just a small improvement suggestion only!

Customer Service TeamCover-More Travel Insurance

Hi Marg, thank you for your suggestion! We will pass this to the relevant department.

Travel

Cover more are just like any other insurance company they are quick to take your money but as soon as you make a claim they make it hard to get money back

DestinationPacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu)
Type of ClaimOther
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Mal
Mal

I just want the money back for the fair that I paid for my partner who was unable to come on cruise because she had to stay and look after her dying cousin.

Customer Service TeamCover-More Travel Insurance

Thank you for your prompt reply. So we can follow this up on your behalf can you please provide your Claim Number?

I am disgusted with Covermore

My claim number is 1290809. My claim was lodged and I was not assigned a Claims Manager until I called 11 days after to ask for an update. The next day I got an email it has been sent to Investigations. Absolutely appalled, humiliated and insulted. I have written to Customer Relations and will eventually write to the AFCA - but what a terrible terrible experience.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks

joanna

joannaasked

what cover do you recommend that would cover you if a flight starting your trip is cancelled and you miss a cruise boarding time.

Hi Joanna,

Please note that we are unable to provide you with personal advice.

Cover-More Premium plan includes cover for Amendment and Cancellation of trips due to unforseen circumstances, however please note that Policy Wording applies. To have a read on the full outline of this benefit please go to https://www.covermore.com.au/sites/default/files/pds_cmh_2019-06-19.3.pdf page 44-46

Lynn

Lynnasked

Hello,
My wife and I are about to increase our over seas travelling in our retirement.
We have been to the U.K , x 2, Rome, U.S.A x 3 , Canada x 3, Fiji x 2.
Thats in the last 10 years. We are in our 60, s barely, and we want to be insured comprehensively whilst over seas. In the last 10 years we have not had one event of illness or accident requiring any claim at all. We have always had Covermore, but it feels like Covermore increasingly adopts a pattern of behaviour. Firstly, once you have a pre existing illness, your rubber stamped for exclusion even if you have had rectifying surgery.
Example. Prior to the travelling I have indicated, I had a Triple By Pass done. Blood flow was restored and I was out of hospital 4 days later. Apart from that I developed a clot and I am on warfarin.
We want full coverage from Covermore for everything other than Heart related and Vascular illness such as clots. Why ?
Ive had the surgery and there is no genuine concern for me regarding my heart, and im on blood thinners and have been since 2009.
Like I said. We have traveled the world in that time, so I would like comprehesive coverage for everything else.
Seems simple doesnt it.
But today as we booked for our 39 day trip to our son in Canada through Flight Centre, talked about arrangements for our Alaskan cruise in May, then 4 weeks in the U.K for a wedding in July 2020, and a 3 week mediterian cruise 2021, we were advised that the problem can be Covermore linking a unrelated illness or event if during the occassion any action is offered in concideration of the prexisting illness being mitigated by those giving treatment, as I said, not being directly as a consequence of that illness.
Example. A traveller with Covermore gets Pneumonia totally unrelated from any Heart or Vascular pre history, but when the traveller develops Pneumonia, the treating people take precautions tto ensure it doesn't effect their heart.
Sounds strange doesn't it.
So Covermore, don't bury us yet. Here's your oportunity. My wife and I would like to leave Australia in 3 weeks for Full Coverage , with my Heart Disease and Vascular Disease excluded for me.
We are alive and travelling with increasing frequency, are you going to be a reliable , trustworthy partner with my wife and I, or is it best for you, Covermore to stay at home, because you may not be fit for purpose , I hope you can be a reliable trustworthy travelling companion for a very busy future, not mill stone around our necks.
Please contact us if you want to share a future.
Mark and Lynn King

Bronnie

If you are in your sixties, albeit barely, make sure you have letters from your GP stating you are fit for travel, and also have a dental checkup before you leave on your trip. If a health issue does occur while youre away then the insurance company will attempt to link it with a pre existing condition, as is their right to protect their interests. If you are young and break your leg skiing then that is straightforward, no argument - but dare to be a senior who has had a couple of health issues then watch out. Be totally transparent with them when you take out the policy, read the fine print and shop around for the best cover. There are travel insurers who specialise in cover for mature travellers.

Hi Mark and Lynn,

So we can determine wheter we can provide cover for your existing medical condition and provide you with a quote for your upcoming trip, can you please private message us your contact number and preferred time of call?

KM

Helen

Helenasked

covermore has $3000 for car rental what does this cover please?

Customer Service TeamCover-More Travel Insurance

Hi Helen, Cover More Travel Insurance includes a benefit for Rental Car Insurance Excess only. Please note that this benefit is not a rental car insurance itself

Get an answer from our members and Cover-More Travel Insurance representatives

4.2
Cover-More Corporate Travel Insurance

Cover-More Corporate Travel Insurance

1.0
CategoryTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel Insurance
Contact Number 1300 72 88 221300 72 88 221300 72 88 221300 72 88 221300 72 88 221300 72 88 221300 72 88 22
24-Hour Phone Contact NoNoNoNoNoNoNo
Online Live Chat NoNoNoNoNoNoNo
UnderwriterZurichZurichZurichZurichZurichZurichZurich
Maximum Age Covered 99 years old99 years old99 years old99 years old99 years old99 years old99 years old
Medical Coverage
Overseas Emergency Assistance UnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimited$10,000,000Not CoveredNot CoveredUnlimited
Accidental Death$25,000$25,000Not Included$10,000$10,000$10,000Not Included
Emergency DentalNot IncludedNot IncludedUnlimited$10,000,000Not IncludedNot Included$10,000,000
Pregnancy (max weeks) Optional cover for up to the 24th weekOptional cover for up to the 24th weekOptional cover for up to the 24th weekOptional cover for up to the 24th weekOptional cover for up to the 24th weekOptional cover for up to the 24th weekOptional cover for up to the 24th week
Resumption of Journey $3,000$3,000Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included$1,000
Hospital Cash Allowance$50 per day, up to $6,000$50 per day, up to $6,000Not Included$50 per day, up to $1,000Not IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimited$10,000,000Not CoveredNot Covered$10,000,000
Loss of Income$10,400$10,400Not IncludedNot Included$1,500$1,500Not Included
Permanent Disability$25,000$25,000Not IncludedNot Included$10,000$10,000Not Included
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash $250$250Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Delayed Luggage $750$750Not Included$200 after 24 hoursNot IncludedNot Included$1,000 after 12 hours
Credit Card Fraud$15,000 as part of Travel Documents cover$15,000 as part of Travel Documents coverNot Included$3,000 as part of Travel Documents cover$3,000 as part of Travel Documents cover$3,000 as part of Travel Documents cover$7,500 as part of Travel Documents cover
Travel Documents / Passport $15,000$15,000Not Included$3,000$3,000$3,000$7,500
Maximum Single Item Limit $4,000 (Cameras)$4,000 (Cameras)$200 (Any Items)$300 (Any Items)$300 (Any Items)$4,000 (Cameras)
Luggage & Personal Effects $15,000$15,000Not Included$3,000$3,000$3,000$7,500
Ancillary
Personal Liability $2,500,000$2,500,000$2,500,000$1,000,000$200,000$200,000$1,000,000
Rental Vehicle Excess $6,000$6,000UnlimitedOptional Extra$4,000$4,000$2,000
Motorbike / Moped Coverage Optional cover for up to 200cc motorbikeOptional cover for up to 200cc motorbikeOptional cover for up to 200cc motorbikeOptional cover for up to 200cc motorbikeOptional cover for up to 200cc motorbikeOptional cover for up to 200cc motorbikeIncluded up to 200cc
Domestic Pet Care Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Special Activities Packages
GolfIncludedIncludedIncludedIncludedIncludedIncludedNot Included
CruiseOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional ExtraNot Included
Adventure Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Snow / SkiOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional ExtraNot Included