Credit Corp Group

1.1

Storm T

Storm TSouth East Queensland, QLD

Outrageous!

I have no debt they think I’m some1 else Indian name I can barely pronounce! I told them it’s not me! But they don’t believe me and continue to call

AjZMjD

AjZMjDHunter Region, NSW

SCAMMER !!!

10 calls in the past few weeks asking about a non-existent personal loan. I hope this ring of people get caught and investigated. They call from different numbers as well.

Disgusting Scamming company

They harass you and illegally contact you for debts that don't even exist. i really hope their scam ring get's closed down so they can stop putting people through stress

Dave

DaveSouth East Queensland, QLD

Operate illegally

They refuse to even provide proof of debt, they harrass even though it is illegal to do so, try to charge interest without a legal right to do so. Then refuse to take you to court yet still call 10 to twenty times per week.

Maria Cameron

Maria CameronCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

stealing

you took money out of my daughters bank account without her permission, try asking first, the account became overdrawn because of this action, and she has children to feed, it is stealing if you don't ask first.

DESTROYEDSydney, NSW

HARASSMENT

Andy

AndyNew South Wales

Constant Robo calls. It’s annoying

Just call pestering me. I block all unknown callers now cause if them. I have now more words for this. Just want it to stop. Thank you. Hope this helps someone

Paid debt and not cleared from my name over three years ago

Back in 2018 I paid 5700 off one Debt and 1800 off another within the same week. Thinking I was living Debt free for the past three years. Until I received a phone call from credit corp saying I owe them 4500 for an unpaid Dept. Still to this day both debts are still on my file and my credit rating is absolutely ruined. I have asked them to remove the debts as I have paid them three years ago. But they just tell me they'll get around to it one-day. This has ruined my mental state and my life.

Juliel

JulielGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Scammers

I have a clear & excellent credit rating with no debts. But I keep getting messages of a missed call on my work email address. They do not ring my phone

Katiec

KatiecThe Mallee, VIC

This is a scam

My friend kept getting phone calls from random numbers. They finally sent a text message talking about outstanding debt owing and they would be proceeding with court. I rang the number on a private number and they would not give me any information unless I gave them my phone number. When I refused they hung up.
Report them as scammers and block their numbers. They have multiple numbers. Next step will be to assist my friend in getting a new phone number

DiBCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

What??

I don't answer unknown numbers, especially from interstate, as they're always telemarketers. Credit Corp rang my mobile from a Sydney number out of the blue, though may have rung before on another one. This is the first time someone has left a text message. My credit record is in the excellent category, by the way.

The caller texted:
"It's [Name Removed] from Credit Corps again. Is there a better time I can contact you today? If this is left outstanding, this will unfortunately proceed through the collections process. If you would prefer to self-manage your account online, please go to http://www.creditcorp.com.au/selfservice#/register.
[Name Removed] (02) 8199 2199." So bizarre.

DiB

They also rang today from a Victorian number that I blocked: (03) 5202 4199.

Cranky

CrankyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

How many phone numbers once can one company have?

I keep getting phone calls from this organisation (I know via reverse lookup). The call always goes through to voice mail and they never leave a message. I then block the number but the next call is a different number. I have blocked about 50 of these numbers so far. They are clearly illegitimate as they do not leave voice mail and have never sent any correspondence. Avoid. Oh and why can't I leave a rating of zero stars?

Not fooled

Not fooled Perth, WA

Seek advice before answering questions

Dante A.

Dante A.Illawarra, NSW

Keep calling my mobile

These people keep calling me at random times asking for someone. When I ask who they are they say I should give them my details. Finally one clown said credit Corp. Their threats seem fake, I just hang up. They got the wrong person anyway. Problem for the owner of the company if you like 'the thrill of a chase'..

Bottom Feeders

They are a scam outfit, they contacted me about a friend's debt after trawling my Facebook page a practice which is illegal! It's lock down I look forward to dragging the legals in, spoke to Micheal and Jasmine both illiterate, not a brain cell, honestly never pay a $ these low life criminals buy debt that's been battered and use whatever techniques legal or illegal to try and scam people into giving them cash!

Matt J.

Matt J.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

They can’t take your household goods

Tash

TashQueensland

Thieves!

I've been working with Credit Corp for 10 years to pay down a loan. Many times over the years I had in-depth discussions about my circumstance, my mental illness and financial instability. I went to them with a lump sum to pay out the last few $100 on my loan today and rather than helping me to achieve that they took me for every penny that they could and instead of closing out my loan today (even though I'll be paying a $550 lump sum) I will still have to pay out the remaining $40 next week. Don't trust a word they say.

Ujkl

Ujkl

Atrocious

This company has been calling my home phone searching for someone that I imagine had my previous number before I took it on in 2013. This company has been calling me for 7 years looking for someone that doesn’t exist , repeated calls to senior staff requesting my number he removed have failed and since my home number got diverted to my mobile 2 years ago they have driven me insane and won’t stop calling , each time I block and each time they call with a new number and if has driven me insane dealing with this for 7 years.

anonymous

anonymousSouth East Queensland, QLD

Difficult to work with

Extremely difficult business to deal with. Poor customer service, and little to no interest in working with you to find a solution that works for all parties. Will not provide verification of the account when requested, or will take a very long time to provide. In my case, they avoided providing a credit contract for 8 months, before finally admitting that they do not have it, however this took and AFCA complaint to be lodged before this was admitted. Tried to pass off a screenshot of a computer program as the contract, expecting me to not challenge the validity of this being used in absence of a legal document. Incredibly dishonest and misleading practices.

Sam J

Sam JSydney, NSW

Bandits, you’re better off getting a loan off a gang member

I made a silly mistake taking out a $2000 loan via ClearCash in 2017 as a first year apprentice. I was unable to pay this due to my wage at the time. Contacted them today to finalise the balance of $2400 which is on my credit file. The dumb butt employee then advised me that I’m owing almost $8000. 47.5% interest rate??? Banks don’t even do this to people?? I was happy to clear this debt in full but the rude staff don’t give a damn. I informed them that I’ve lost hours due to the pandemic and I saved for 6 months to pay this debt off & they don’t care at all. They’re rodents, thieves, scum.

Aas

Aasasked

After paying a debt they instantly come after me AGAIN for the exact amount. I have provided proof that the second debt is not attached to my name and they chose to ignore it and believes that regardless of me providing a clear chat transcript that stats the account is not associated with me that they can still charge me.
Looking for advice what to do next as they are not accepting clear proof that this 2nd debt is not mine.

Lea Andrews

Don't pay claim back anything you have paid as a fraudulent transaction and disengage with them, report them to the relevant authorities and never give them another $$, I'm sure from the feed you can see they are a scam company flying under the radar.

bill bayley
bill bayley

They did the same to me, I didnt pay them

Jessicaasked

Hi, hoping someone can please give me some advise! I have a 10k loan which i am now paying off to Credit Corp and i am only now just reading all of these horrible reviews!!! Is there a way to stop paying these people and transfer to a better company? not sure what to do :/

big g.
big g.

This is the best advice you could be given. Please read this carefully and read it all. Firstly there is no way you can transfer your debt to another company. There is no such thing as transfers and there is no such thing as a better company. These companies you are talking about are debt collectors they are not there to consolidate your debt they are there to get as much money as they can from you and rip you off they will bully and intimidate you in any way possible to get your money with empty threats. Secondly you need to stop paying them. Consider this, think about the current crisis we are going through with coronavirus. Global economies including Australia being shut down, mass unemployment, businesses going into receivership, cash running dry, long queues at centrelink, think of all of the billions of dollars that will be piling up in debt. So much debt to chase that will never be paid. Who is to say that credit corp will exist in six months time if they can't operate through the crisis because of nationwide lockdowns? How can they exist to collect money and stay in business if there is no money to collect and the country has gone bust? Now the next step. If they call you again just hang up, call you on the mobile block the number, they call from another number block that number too. any mail you get in the post from them just throw it in the bin. Eventually they will give up because they have thousands if not hundreds of thousands of files to go through how can they even remember your first name? Theres so many people out there with outstanding debts of 10 grand or more and the number of debtors are only going to triple or go ten fold so why even worry?

Hello,
Thank you very much for your message and advise.. really appreciate it! I can’t believe how they are getting away with this, just terrible. I will try and stop my payments. All I’ve noticed is the money I owe just keeps getting higher and not lower (doesn’t make sense). Anyway.. THANK YOU :)

george
george

You cant transfer Credit Corp buys debts for 50cents in the dollar & then goes out and collects the full amount. You cant negotiate with them..Credit Corp are sharks they will chase you for the next 10 yrs if they have to they will NEVER give up. They wont stop payments for any reason even during the virus they are still collecting debts even when you die they will still go after the debt through your estate I had a $7.000 debt with them & it blew out to $22,000 in 12 months Dont block numbers They have over 100 different mobile numbers they ring on. If you keep blocking numbers they will just ring on another one. they will send a field officer around to your home & work & all your relatives places until they find you then they will get a court judgement & send the sheriff around to take your furniture, car computers or anything of value you cant get out of by saying someone else owns them it dosent matter you have to show the sheriff proof of whose name everything is in. & you cant stop the sheriff from taking anything. then they will get a court order to garnishee your wages. & if you have a home mortgage or own a house they will get a court order to sell your house. Do what i did go & see a financial councillor thru the salvation army or st vincent de paul & let them deal with Credit corp. They are not allowed to contact you once you have a councillor. Credit corp owns wallet wizard & 5 other lending & finance companies the chances of them going broke is remote. While you are not paying anything they are charging you a whopping 52% interest per month. You will make things worse if you try to avoid them believe me i tried that & got no where

Kate

Kateasked

When can I go for another credit redraw with wallet wizard

wingnut
wingnut

have you thought about asking wallet wizard

DiB

Don't use them, or any payday lender!! If you read these reports you'll see that they're thieves and lying rogues.

DESTROYED

This answer is for Jessica, but it would apply to everyone.

I don’t know what state you are in I’ll use NSW for my response, but every state maybe slightly different so you’ll need to check.

In NSW these collection agencies buy your debt from other companies, for pennies on the dollar. For a debt of $10,000 they probably Paid $1000 dollars or less. They call, write and even personally drop by to collect money from you.

They have 6 years to collect the debt from you. Unless it’s already been to court. Then it could be a lot longer.

That is the current statue of limitations for collection of debts in NSW 6 years.

This debt stays on your Credit Report for 5 years! 5 years either from the day you admit to the debt or 5 years from you last payment. Each time you make a payment the 5 year cycle reverts back to day one. It does not matter if you even pay off the entire debt in full. This debt will stay on your Credit Report for 5 years from the last payment you’ve made or admitting to the debt.

My advice is to just stop making payments to this outfit. Every time you make a payment you are literally stretching the length of time this debt stays on your credit report.

CreditCorp is Lowest of the Low. Harass people is all they do!

Like I said in the beginning each state could be a little different so you’ll need to check.

5 years to have this bad debt removed from your credit report, and they have 6 years to collect it from you. That is the statute of limitations. After that they can not bother you anymore!