Credit Simple

Spam Emails

I have received large amounts of spam emails ever since I joined the Credit Simple service. I thought perhaps this was a coincidence however I have since learned that they are selling customer information to third parties.

Simply didn't work.

Tried to activate my account multiple times with the activation email leading to a "We've encountered an error" page with no further explanation. Very frustrated and won't be using this service, instead I will look elsewhere.

Very back communication and feedback

The theory is them investing credit checks on your account sounds great if you don’t have to wait 5 months without feedback. Still waiting to hear back from them. I have sent them many emails asking how the investigation is going NO reply.

I'm so over the moon - Big Thanks!

How do I explain this I mean my facial expression to be exact. One thing I need to tell you though is I'm over the moon. I was renting a car from my friend for almost a year and she had to take it back because she and her family were moving down to Canberra due to a job opportunity down there. Any ways, straight to the point. I was left carless and I'm like "how am I going to get around? My mother in law advised me not to apply for anything unless I know my credit score, so you know what I did? I signed up to Credit Simple, because it was for free and right there I had 110 offers popping up with a credit score of 768 on my dash board. I think you know what happens next, I applied for a car loan through Stratton listed on their offers and got approved close to 48hrs as I needed to provide some paper work for this company. I picked up my new used white Mercedes GLA SUV the following week. Now you know why I'm so over the moon again! Massive big ups to Credit Simple for making this fantastic opportunity a reality.

I'm sold with credit score for businesses - it's free

I'm a small business owner for a delivery franchise and I was already a registered member with Credit Simple. Later I found out they've added a new feature similar how consumers view their credit score, but for businesses. I'm so glad I don't have to purchase any reports to review my business, because it's free. I have a better insight on failure and late payment risk, which is so handy especially when you got no time to go through all the paper work I just go online. Been checking it on a monthly basis. Just so you know, it only applies to directors of the business meaning you have to own the business. I hope this helps?

It's clear now - I totally get it

I was totally confused about receiving scores from different credit providers or whatever you call them. It was at least 50 to 100 points difference between all of them and I'm scratching my head trying to understand it all. I did enquire with getcreditscore and creditsavvy and no one was able to respond other than Credit Simple. Credit Simple explained that it depends on if your banks reports information back to which credit bureau like Equifax, Experian and illion.

I hope this makes sense to anyone reading this? Any ways, so to prove this explanation I made an enquiry 5 years ago (my advice not to do this as it will get recorded into your credit history unless you're prepared for it) with one of the banks for a credit card that doesn't appear in my credit file in my Getcreditscore and Creditsavvy accounts but in Credit Simple and it was only this month it disappeared because it was past its expiry date that's when my score went up coming close to other credit providers. I did take a loan out this month via Credit Simple, so I'm expecting my score to go down next month and probably will happen the same for other credit providers if they hold the same client from their credit bureau. So thank you guys for clearing that up for me and removing any confusion.

Has anyone had similar experience?

Very effective tool

I love the spend tracker tool they've come up with. So much easier viewing all my money segmented under different categories. I use this for my financial planner in Excel where I add them, adjust and remove some costs to save more money months ahead. I wonder what other tools they're gonna start adding? Thanks Credit Simple.

Beware! Using this site made my score worse!

So this seemed like a great idea - I used to have a Veda advantage subscription so there were no surprises in my report - my score is classed as ‘good’. I was very impressed with their tailored offers. I saw a low rate credit card offered with 16% interest free balance transfer. So I applied, but was rejected. Then I go back to my dashboard to find my score has dropped by 25 points because of another enquiry! I’m absolutely furious that they advertise these offers which are not appropriate for the user and then penalise you for it! It gets two stars for being free and having a score plus explanation - but beware their offers, they’re a joke.

I'm so excited about my score can't wait!

Got so excited when I found out about this credit reporting thingee through my cuzin, because he recommended it. I had no clue this was even around let alone was available to us. I was curious as to what my score was and got 734. Man too good, too good. I started getting emails, a lot on a few offers I'm eligible for and however the more I got, the more I was getting annoyed so I did ask one of the consultant on Facebook how I can take myself off the mailing list, they said to unsubscribe one of dem emails. She did make me aware that it's only for newsletters and offers, but not alerts because customers like me need to be aware of any changes with the banks and regulations. Sorry I didn't pay too much attention. She was helpful so I did exactly that, so no more emails I'm happy about that. I've passed this on to my parents. I think they need this. Hapy chap that I found yous.thnk ya credit Simple peeps! 5 stars for you for this nice technology.

I got to celebrate my 10th year anniversary with a bang!

I can never thank enough of what Credit Simple has done for me. I had my anniversary coming up in December last year and I really wanted to surprise my wife with a big bang, but at the same time struggling financially. I had no idea about Credit Simple until I saw a segment on 9 news shared around Facebook where they were discussing on credit rating and how good credit rating can help you be eligible from car loans to home loans. I thought give it a try and see what sort of score I'll get. From the top of my head I know I've paid my bills on time and no debts owing I should get a good score at least or better than most as I'm quite traditional with my money. LO and behold! I was shocked to see 811 classed as excellent, now that was a surprise. I didn't waste time and checked what offers were available. I applied for a personal loan cause they had low rates through societyone for $18k loan and got approved within 24hrs hours. I surprised my wife on a one month holiday around Asia Pacific and South Pacific. My wife was in tears enjoying this whole experience if it wasn't for Credit Simple so keep up the great work and making a small difference in our lives others may not understand.

Now I know what the drop was in my credit score

I had a look at my credit score last month as I haven't checked it for 3 months and realised my number went down from 720 to 607. I did ask Credit Simple about this via email, they replied mentioning there were some changes in October with banks about comprehensive credit reporting. You can do your own research on this as I'm no expert in explaining in detail, but my score has gone up this month not too much sitting tightly at 628, better than before at least it improved. Thanks for clearing that up. Oh shucks, I forgot to disclose a quick one. They have this product to help pay off certain defaults, which I'm using currently as it's well worth checking out. You can get some of your debts discounted. This year is the year for me! Rejoice!!!! (spoiler alert). Thanks Credit Simple people. Hehehe.

Absolute joke, stay clear of credit simple

Registered 4 day's ago and still no credit report? There automatic email i recieved was confirming I'd be sent a email within 24hrs but 4 day's later still no response?
Tried emailing customer support but still no reply, pls avoid this company and try credit score instead, not happy.

Professional service that works like it says

Credit Simple is a credit score company owned by a reputable credit reporting bureau. So far, so good. It's a breeze using their site and I find it quick accessing the credit report. More than just a credit score which comes in handy like spendtracker, default clearance, financial tips. One thing I'll make note of, responsiveness on investigating things could be faster, as it's a stressful time for people - but overall very happy.

A few add-ons are pretty awesome!

I heard a criticism that Credit Simple was a flash in the pan and wouldn't last. I got my credit score from them as soon as they launched and it seemed fairly basic aside from the rankings in the Dashboard. But I have to give them credit (Pun intended) for continuing to build stuff on - such as the new way to pay off defaults at a discount, and the spend tracker. Things like that are really handy for building a one stop shop for your personal finances. So kudos to Credit Simple for not becoming a one hit wonder.

OMG your blog!

Guys I'm dying (not literally), your site is so funny in places and heaps of interesting stuff on the blog. I messaged a bunch of things to my girlfriends for them to read as we always talk on the subject and thought would be helpful with any personal financial advice we can apply on ourselves, not just credit score. Newsletters are quite handy, but I think it can be a bit much yet it doesn't anoy me. Maybe something to think about Credit Simple. All in all I'm pretty happy.

Like the comparisons

My score is above and probably comparable to other credit score companies. What I really liked about Credit Simple was the comparison items in the Dashboard - so you can see how you rank against other people similiar to you. That helps to give me context, especially because I'm at Uni and above average for my age and sociodemographic.

Not a good score (my fault though)

I'm not happy with my score (I got a zero score), but that's my fault not Credit Simple. No wonder I wasn't getting any approval with some of my applications. Any ways, I've got a few things to fix up on my file so I will do that and keep an eye on it. Overall aside from my own bad score I think the site is good and good that it's free. Thankfully I'm no longer in the dark. So I'm heaps happy.

Easy

Ended up on the credit Simple website after searching for balance transfer credit cards, got my credit score, got a credit card offer after that so took it out. Thought it was too good to be true, but read up on the sites about how it works and it is legit. Easy process, I'd use it again for other credit stuff too.

Similar to the UK

I moved to Australia recently from the UK, where credit scores are the norm and most people know their score and have gotten their credit history. Good to see Credit Simple operating in the market, would be good to see it in the UK too. My credit score was average as I only have one line of existing credit here in Australia, but that will change rapidly. No problems with the company and what I got for my time and effort put in. Will continue to monitor my score through Credit Simple. Does anyone know another site I can check out?

Have fun trying to get off their mailing list - Harassment personified

Interesting initial experience, but after the short thrill of having some insight into how lenders view your financial status, this becomes an albatross you cant get off from around your neck. The emails keep coming and you cant unsubscribe from all their emails (only some). If you are even tempted to explore this experience, hit yourself on the head with hammer now to snap yourself out of it. Avoid, avoid, avoid.