Listing monitored by Cruise Guru

• Trip Completed Yes (33) · No (423)
  • Ease of Booking
Wardie1970Sydney, NSW

Communication

Have booked with cruise guru before. But have been trying to pay instalment for 4 days but no communication. The website is hard to get through to and wait time is stressful.

Ease of Booking

Hi Wardie1970,
Are you able to provide us with your booking reference number so we can assist you?

Already been contacted. Thank you

Cruise GuruCruise GuruSend a private message

Great to hear! Thanks Wardie1970.

Suzi Q
Suzi QSydney, NSW

Great company to deal with

My experience with Cruise Guru has always been a positive one. They tolerate my silly questions and solve all my queries. It's been a tough time for the cruise industry and I cannot recommend them highly enough.

Ease of Booking
jwpa K.South East Queensland, QLD

Outstanding credit.

I have been waiting 17 weeks for a refund for a carnival cruise that we paid for in January 2022 and was cancelled by Cruise Guru a few days later. We requested a full refund. Despite several emails asking for an update They keep making excuses saying it’s in the queue, what.
How could anyone recommend this organisation?

Hi jwpa K,
We understand that our team have now been in touch with you. We trust that all is now in order.

jwpa K.

Thank you, yes all sorted.

Alan
AlanSydney

Settled complaint in a very satisfactory manner

I have booked with Cruise Guru on many occasions and have been very happy with their service.
However I booked a Princess cruise on line with them in May and a problem arose as to the amenities attached to the booked cabin.
Cruise Guru settled the problem in an entirely satisfactory manner.

Hi Alan,
Thank you so much for booking with us again. And thank you for your review - we appreciate it!

Find out how Cruise Guru compares to other Booking Services

Disappointing - cruise cancelled in Feb - refund still not received!

Hi Jaykay
We are sorry to hear about your experience. Could you provide us with a booking reference please so that we may have a team member review this?
Cruise Guru

Mistakes were made on passenger details

I was charged credit card fees for not paying 2 days prior to final payment was due, but I only booked 1 day prior to payment. Booking seems to be ok now, adjustment was easy

Jane
Jane

Thank you, someone is already looking into it for me.

Cruise GuruCruise GuruSend a private message

Ok, thanks for your reply.

Jen M
Jen MHunter Region, NSW

Great online travel agency

Have used Cruise Guru many times. Whether online or with a travel consultant I have always been happy with the experience. No trouble to amend the booking due to Covid restrictions. I like their option of periodic payment plan.

Cruise GuruCruise GuruSend a private message

Thanks for the great 5 star review, Jen M, we do appreciate it, and are glad to be of service!

Pat FR
Pat FRPerth, WA

Excellent booking web

I have been dealing with Liz Quinn for all my reservations. I find her to be very helpful, knowledgeable and responds in a very good time frame. I have booked many cruises + airfares with Liz and very satisfied with her work ethic.

Cruise GuruCruise GuruSend a private message

Thanks for the great review Pat FR! We shall pass your comments on to Liz.

Glenn E.North Queensland, QLD

17 weeks plus and still waiting for a refund

My cruise through Carnival (booked through Cruise Guru) was cancelled and I was asked if I would like a refund. I was informed by Cruise Guru that the refund would take 10 to 12 weeks. 17 weeks later no refund. After 12 weeks I contacted them and they informed me that they would follow it up. Nothing happened. They do not reply to any of my emails either directly or through their website. How can they justify over 17 weeks for a refund - even Qantas was not this bad.

I have another cruise booked through them that will probably be cancelled. Not keen to use this company again as I feel I cannot trust them when communication is ignored.

Frances Rose
Frances RoseHunter Region, NSW

Very satisfied with Cruise Guru

Cruise GuruCruise GuruSend a private message

Thanks for the wonderful review Frances Rose! We are glad to be of service, and hope to see you cruising again soon!

Not Impressed

It was easy enough to book my cruise but it is now time to pay for the cruise, I do not want to use their poly pay I want to use my credit card so I sent them an email asking if the is a a form I need to fill in to pay on my credit card.I did not get a a reply so I called their 131303 number 3 times and asked for somebody to return my call so far I have had no return call I have sent a second email and still waiting for an answer wht I am worried about is I do nt pay on time they could cancell my cruise.

kevin
kevinIllawarra, NSW

so far so good

this is the first time i have used GURU the rep was very good--- I may need help when completing the paperwork and will then be able to offer further comments

jaybeecee
jaybeeceeSouth East Queensland, QLD

so far ,so good

Booked our New Zealand cruise for February 2023 on the Royal Caribbean ship Ovation of the Seas.
Booking was quite an easy process and enjoyed the $25 per person deposit payment ( albeit non-refundable). Lets hope the rest of the experience is hassle free !!

Cruise GuruCruise GuruSend a private message

Thanks for your business and the positive review, jaybeecee!
Cruise Guru

Always an exciting experience booking another cruise with Cruise Guru.

I didn’t encounter any unexpected or additional fees. I booked a cruise to my favourite destination NZ on my favourite ship, Ovation, with the best agents, Cruise Guru. Always perfect and professional service that was booked in minimal time without any problems.

Cruise GuruCruise GuruSend a private message

Thanks for the great review, Jema! We are so looking forward to seeing our customers get back in the water and enjoy cruising once again!

Jewels
JewelsSydney Surrounds, NSW

Best online Cruise Agent Ever!

Cruise GuruCruise GuruSend a private message

Thanks for taking the time to leave your amazing review, Jewels! We have passed on your gratitude to Kylie.

Best regards

Mary Pat F.
Mary Pat F.asked

do ant ships have mobility a mobility scooter for hire?

Linae
Linaeasked

Why did some clients have the fees waived and others did not? Cruise Guru is a Qantas affiliate. Vote with your feet people and do not use companies who treat their clients like this. It is unfair.

Jenh
Jenh

I presume it depends on who deals with your refund ... its disgusting charging $110 a booking.
Lodge a complaint with the ACCC and your state Consumer Protection Agency.

Elizabethasked

Very disappointed that $330 in fees has been deducted for our cruise that’s was cancelled by Princess in April for a June sailing. Money returned to Cruise Guru from Princess in April and they had it in their account earning interest until September when I finally received my refund after following it up. If I had booked with Princess direct I would have received a full refund as they cancelled. It’s a shame Cruise Guru didn’t do what Flight Centre did for their clients i.e waiver fees after public backlash. Friends got $30,000 back for a Scenic Cruise with no penalties. I’m sure this company has received an enormous amount in fees if each passenger paid $110. I find it very excessive. Unfortunately I won’t be booking with Cruise Guru in the future.

Halfpints
Halfpints
Elizabeth

No flights involved with us. Cruise only so can’t see why they had to charges $330 per booking, understandable if it was $110 per cabin.

Get an answer from our members and Cruise Guru representatives