Cruise Guru

• Trip Completed Yes (34) · No (291)
  • Ease of Booking
Heterick

HeterickSydney, NSW

Great company

We book a cruise on cruise guru, unfortunately it was canceled due to covid19, we rebooked with no problems at all, they kept in contact through this time informing us of all our options. Will book with cruise guru again in the future

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thank you for the positive feedback Heterick, we do appreciate it.

marlan

marlanPerth, WA

Great competitive cruises and OBCredit Staff helpful

This is the first time I have used Cruise Guru and we have booked 4 cruises with them. The only thing I would like to see is that they use Poli or Visa when you make the final payment. I would feel more secure using Bpay or PayPal as I don't know what Poli is like. I will be paying the balance by Visa which incurs
a few more dollars.

Tony

TonySydney, NSW

Prompt helpful service!

Due to the current Covid-19 situation, my South Pacific cruise for April 2020 was cancelled with the cruise company offering a 125% Future Cruise Credit as compensation for something that was out of their control. I was anxious to book the same unique cruise for 2021 before there was a rush on it. A very friendly and efficient Cruise Guru representative was able to secure the cabin I wanted and liaise with the cruise company to have the credit applied to my new booking, so I was very happy with the outcome. All my cruise bookings have in fact been with Cruise Guru and I have always been extremely satisfied.

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thank you for the review Tony, we do appreciate it and thank you for choosing Cruise Guru for all your cruising needs.

CraigQueensland

Poor Communication

I booked a cruise weeks ago through qantas and cruise guru, paid the deposit and received very limited information from company. The Email that I did receive said that I would receive an email before final payment was to be made so that I could transfer the funds.
I have been watching Princess Cruises website to get info on the change of policy at the moment regarding final payments and due dates.

To my horror, my credit card has been debited thousands of dollars today with no notification and I have to pay a ridiculous credit card fee on top. There is no one there to answer calls or emails, so I hope I get a response soon.

So far, not very happy and would not recommend qantas or cruise guru

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Hi Craig, I can confirm that the refund was processed on our side on 25 March, hopefully it will have reached you by now.

Sad times

No extra fees, I booked a 2 day cruise for my son and with everything that was happening with the virus they still did their best to help us out

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

We are so grateful for your kind words. Thanks for sharing your review with us and the community, Deborah! We look forward to helping with your future cruise holidays.

Heather

HeatherCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Great cruise deals

Always find staff helpful and efficient. Always offer best deals and prices. Great when had problems easily solved.book 90% of cruises with them.keep up the good work well done. Definitely keep booking with them got my support.

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this amazing review, Heather! We look forward to helping with your future cruise holidays.

Excellent service under extreme circumstances

I commend all the staff at Cruise Guru for their excellent service under extreme circumstances as a direct result of the Coronavirus hysteria.
My only disappointment is the lack of speed and information from Royal Caribbean to Cruise Guru.

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thanks for the feedback, Chris! We look forward to helping with your future cruise holidays.

Jody M.

Jody M.Canberra 2600, ACT

Big promises with no delivery

I cancelled my booking over 2 weeks ago and still no refund of my deposit despite multiple emails and promises that it would be processed. If they are unable to get a fundamental basic transaction right I have no confidence in them being able to deliver on a great holiday!

Hammy

HammyPerth, WA

Easy to book cruises through

We have booked two cruises through Cruise Guru and had a good experience with both. Unfortunately we had to postpone our May cruise until next year, but Holland America and Cruise Guru were just a phone call away and it was easy to do so. Both cruises only required an initial $25 deposit!

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thanks, Hammy, it's great to hear that we provided a high-quality experience. We look forward to helping with your future cruise holidays.

Andrew

AndrewDarling Downs, QLD

Allison

AllisonQueensland

Always first choice

I have booked a number of cruises through Cruise Guru and have never had a problem. The prices are usually the best - and I do check around. It's a great service with no hidden fees. Highly recommended.

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thanks for the great review, Allison, we are always striving to improve the online booking process and post-sales support so it's great to hear such feedback.

Dawn

DawnTin Can Bay

Great prices

Always a lot cheaper than booking through the cruise lines, sometimes a little hard to get through on the phone but guess they are busy with all the cheap deals going around

Christine Fry

Christine FryForresters Beach

Around Australia bargain!

barryn56South East Queensland, QLD

Cruise guru charge cancellation fees for COVID-19 cancellations, unlike Flight Centre

I booked a cruise for April through cruise guru, and my 2 children through Flight Centre, as I got them vouchers for presents. No problem cancelling the cruise through FC, with no cancellation penalties. Cruise Guru, however, charged $110 per person. Not a professional outfit. Avoid.

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Hi barryn56, we are sorry to hear about this concern as Cruise Guru does absolutely adhere to the cruise line's own COVID-19 cancellation and refund policies. Please provide your booking number so that we can review this further.

barryn56

251381. I am referring to the $110 Cruise Guru cancellation fee, not the cruise line, though it seems Flight Centre have no issues giving a full refund.

Bookings made easy

Cruise Guru has an easy to navigate site also,when I rang to discuss my booking etc ,the staff were most helpful and informative.
Unfortunately I have cancelled my booking as I feel at my age [ late 70's] with the Corona virus "scare" it was best to postpone travelling overseas and being on a cruise ship.
However [ although I loose approx. a fifth of my fare } I was able to transfer the balance onto a booking for next year.

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thanks for the feedback, Cruiser! We look forward to helping with your future cruise holidays.

Find out how Cruise Guru compares to other Booking Services

Easy to book - very helpful!

No extra fees. Easy to book, staff very pleasant - a pleasant experience. Can’t wait to travel to and experience new places while enjoying the whole cruise experience. We’re getting excited already - let the countdown begin!

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thanks, Devbie, it's great to hear that we provided a high-quality experience. We look forward to helping with your future cruise holidays.

Margaret Siracusa

Margaret SiracusaSydney, NSW

Dream trip to Alaska

My husband and I along with my Brother-in-law and Sister-in-law booked a trip to Alaska for May 2020. I booked over the phone and everything seemed fine but I am still waiting for my booking confirmation and tax invoice. Hannah said there was a technical issue sending it to my email but my sister-in-law received hers. I did receive her test email. But to date I am still waiting. Other than that everything was great.

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thank you for sharing the feedback, Margaret! Everything working fine at our end and you'll receive the confirmation soon if not yet received. Please contact our reservation team at 13 13 03 for any assistance.

I have since received it. I believe it was a technical issue. Thank you for all your help. Regards Margaret

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

That's great to hear, Margaret! We hope you have a nice time on your next Alaska Cruise.

HV001

HV001Sydney, NSW

Fantastic offers, low deposits, great service

I have booked a few cruises with Cruise Guru with low deposits which is great as can cancel and only lose $20 or $50 rather than hundreds of dollars. However I have managed to score a great deal on a 4 night Celebrity Solstice cruise with $600 US credit and I got the aquaclass suite at a great price.
The benefit of Cruise Guru is the lunches and launches they have for various cruise lines.
Recently I was invited to a tour and lunch on Queen Elizabeth. This was well organised and great to see the ship and enjoy the food and get fantastic deals from Cunard through Cruise Guru.
I recommend Cruise Guru.

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thanks for sharing your review with us and the community! We look forward to helping with your future cruise holidays.

Maccaz

MaccazPerth, WA

So far, so good

It was pretty easy. From the moment we found the actual cruise we wanted to go on, booking, paying deposit, receiving confirmation and receiving a copy of the tax invoice we were pleased to know we were booked and on our way in July. Great feeling and can’t wait to go.

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thanks, Maccaz, it's great to hear that we provided a high-quality experience. We look forward to helping with your future cruise holidays.

Jay

JaySydney, NSW

The worst travel company ever

Almost impossible to contact by phone,after a very long wait they say they will ring back don't expect it.
We required a refund of a deposit due the Coronavirus and they said no
We will never use them again and will make sure others are aware of what a poorly run business they are.

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

We're sorry to hear you had such a frustrating experience, but I really appreciate you bringing this issue to my attention. Please share your booking reference no. so we can investigate further.

Pat FRasked

I have a cruise booked for four persons ~ 18 Nights Transpacific Cruise on Radiance of the Seas, departing from Sydney on he 18 April 2020, obviously I cannot get to Sydney to embark ship and would like to know if this cruise has been cancelled and if and when I can expect some documents about a refund or future cruise voucher. Booking No. 251735

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Hi Pat, apologies for the delay as this reviews platform is not manned every day at the moment. We can see that Maddy from our call centre was in contact with you by email, so hopefully your questions have now been addressed.

Pat FR

Thanks very much. Maddy has replied to my questions and concerns.

Dione F.

Dione F.asked

Hi i would like to know now CARIBBEAN have cancelled my cruise at end of march and we are offered the 125% cruise deal or a full refund. I DO NOT WANT THE 125% DEAL AS CAN NOT GO ON ANY CRUISE DUE TO OTHER COMMITMENTS I called Caribbean today and we are Obviously entitled to a full refund as was advised in email and by phone. Do you take any of my money and how much is that? Shouldn't be anything as i never cancelled and its a pandemic corona virus. Kind regardsI

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Hi Dione, thank you for contacting us. You will be receiving a full refund without cancellation fees. Please bear with us all as the cruise lines have thousands of refunds to process as you can imagine, so the turn around times are slower than usual.

Trevor M.asked

Normally book direct with Princess,booked with you this time,when will my cruise show up on my timeline i notice that cabin is shown as now taken but cruise not showing on Princess yet. Booked today

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thanks for the message, Trevor! Please share your booking reference no, so we can investigate further.

Hi Trevor,
Our reservation team has checked the booking and it looks like your past guest number was missing. Our team has applied it now and the booking should now reflect on the Princess Cruises website. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Thanks,

Trevor M.

Good work yes it is now there,very happy with service..

Get an answer from our members and Cruise Guru representatives