Cruise Guru

• Trip Completed Yes (29) · No (261)
  • Ease of Booking

Cathie

CathieSydney, NSW

We booked a Norway cruise as they had best price. When a month later they had a significant price drop they canceled and rebooked us itemizing our savings. Great service.

Cruise booking

We saw a late cruise offer on a Cunard vessel. After unsuccessfully trying 3 other web sites to secure the cabin at the right price I tried Cruise Guru for the first time. Very quickly we had the cabin we wanted at a cheaper than expected price. Now sitting on the balcony of the cabin of the QM2 having our morning tea we couldn't be happier. Thank you for the start of a special holiday Cruise Guru

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thanks, Red, it's great to hear that we provided a high-quality experience. We look forward to helping with your future cruise holidays. We hope you have a nice time cruising onboard Cunard.

LeaSydney, NSW

Deck Plans Incorrect

No extra fees all went smoothly.
My only issue is I booked rooms that showed they were interconnecting rooms on their website and have since found out through Royal that these rooms have never been interconnecting rooms. Very disappointed with this outcome.

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, Lea. Please share your booking reference no. so we can investigate further.
Thanks for understanding,

264660 / 264659 / 148461 - 9139
Rooms 9137 and 9135 on the your plan have arrows for interconnecting rooms as per your table. Thank you

Galston10

Galston10Sydney, NSW

never again

Booked a full 12 months out for RCI Voyager of the Seas, Ocean View (4 cabins) under their guaranteed policy. I've been on many cruises, first time booked with Cruise Guru. Got allocated to Level 2, very rear of the boat, right under the gangplank. These are the very worst cabins on the ship due to engine noise and early morning disturbance. I could have chosen my cabins for the same price I paid and I will do so next time.

Alan Whelan

Alan WhelanSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Perfect Cruise

Booked a balcony cabin cruise aboard Voyager of the Seas (RCI) for February 2021. Although we have cruised with RCI on 3 occasions previously, it was significantly cheaper to book through Cruise Guru than directly through RCI

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thanks for sharing your review with us and the community, Alan! We look forward to helping with your future cruise holidays.

stephanie d.

stephanie d.Gippsland, VIC

Easy to use, and the cheapest options

After looking at several cruise booking options, getting quotes I found that cruise guru was the cheapest, it may have only been $50, but that's money in my pocket. I also had to ask a question in real time in regards to additional cost, and only after a few minutes delay my question was answered. You really can't expect much better than that.

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thank you for the great feedback, Stephanie! Please let us know if we can be of further assistance. We look forward to assisting you again with all your cruising needs.

Maggie

MaggieMid North Coast, NSW

Great customer service

Fees were as clearly advertised and the actual booking process over the phone was relatively easy. All queries were answered clearly with further information given where necessary. Confirmation of booking and more comprehensive information was emailed to me within a day.

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thanks, Maggie, it's great to hear that we provided a high-quality experience. We look forward to helping with your future cruise holidays.

Pete

PeteSouth East Queensland, QLD

Wait & see

Only paid the minimum deposit at this stage, will have to wait & see how the whole process unfolds.
So far so good
Service would appear very good at this time
If all goes well will continue to use cruise guru

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thank you for the feedback, Pete! Please contact our reservation team at 13 13 03 for any information or help.

David Sayle

David SayleMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great customer service

Have booked Carnival Splendor Great Barrier Reef Cruise. Great customer service from Katrina, Great website and easy booking, good options and lots of communication after paying deposit very happy with Cruise Guru.

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this amazing review, David! Katrina is a great asset for our team and we're lucky to have her. We look forward to helping with your future cruise holidays.

Janet

JanetSouth East Queensland, QLD

Needed a cancelation

I mistakenly double booked and I rang and had a lovely lady assist me to cancel one of the bookings. Very nice and very professional. I would ring again if needed

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thanks for sharing your review with us and the community, Janet! We look forward to helping with your future cruise holidays.

Great to talk to someone

It was good to talk to someone who is experienced and knowledgeable on cruising the carnival splendour. I felt no pressure and was happy with my selection. All info and prices were accurate. Thank you Guru!

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thanks, Mandy, it's great to hear that we provided a high-quality experience. We look forward to helping with your future cruise holidays.

terrible service once they have your money

Veery bad after service once you have paid for cruise. When I spoke them about some issues they just said no our problem we are just travel agents. They would even contact the cruise line with our enquiry.
They get the money total payment 5-6 months out after that no service and staff not very knowledgable. Have book many cruises directly and through other travel agents but cruise guru the worst by far.
Would never recommend or book through them again.

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, Steven. Please share your booking reference no. so we can investigate further.

Thanks for understanding,

Tony

TonySydney, NSW

So easy to book a cruise!

I really enjoy the ability to choose my own cabin from the interactive deck plans. I have never had any problems with any of my bookings. It’s very easy to put in dates and see what cruises are available.

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thanks for the great review, Tony, we are always striving to improve the online booking process and post-sales support so it's great to hear such feedback.

Excited

ExcitedSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great deal and easy booking process

This is my second booking with Cruse Guru.
I have booked a Holland America $25 deposit for September cruise inside passage Canada.
Hope the cruise is going to be a happy experience.

Cheeky V.

Cheeky V.Sydney, NSW

Great deals and service.

I booked on the latest Bonus Carnival cruise $25 deposits for an October cruise but was stung by the full price of cruise needing to be paid within 6 weeks. I thought I had sorted the problem however received invoices for the two bookings I'd booked without the situation being resolved. I have emailed Cruise Guru and am awaiting a timely response, which I am sure I will get. My previous dealings with Cruise Guru have all been positive and fun.

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thanks for your review Cheeky, we very much appreciate it and are reviewing our booking process based on your comments. I hope your inquiry has been resolved by now. Please feel free to reach out to us for any other information.

Gus and Nell

Gus and NellHunter Region, NSW

Easy booking process

The booking process was very simple, quick and easy. Being the first time I booked with Cruise Guru I can only compare them to other sites I have booked with and Cruise Guru was by far the easiest and quickest. Hoping the cruise is as enjoyable as the booking process

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thank you for the feedback, Gus and Nell! We look forward to helping with your future cruise holidays.

Amazing

I was astounded to win a 1000 dollar voucher towards my next cruise and was told that it could be used for any cruise of any value. This was wonderful and the manager, Katrina was very helpful. I can highly recommend her for her professionalism, courtesy and understanding.

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Congratulations and thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this amazing review, Connie! We hope you enjoy your cruises and please let us know if we can provide any assistance in booking your cruise.

Richard and Rose

Richard and RoseMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Cruise Guru is best value cruise company

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thanks, Richard, it's great to hear that we provided a high-quality experience. We look forward to helping with your future cruise holidays.

Angie

AngieMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Booked our First Cruise

I spoke with a lovely lady Liz who was friendly and very knowledgeable to answer questions relating to a Mediterranean cruise for Sep 2020. She advised me that she could hold the booking until 6pm, so I could arrange a deposit to secure our booking. About a week later, another friend was keen to join us and Liz was able to upgrade us to another room. Although, it cost a bit more, but still good value for 12 nights, we were thankful there was another Oceanview stateroom available for the 3 of us. I emailed Liz the third traveller details and she updated our cruise invoice.

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this amazing review, Angie! Liz is a valuable member of our team and we're lucky to have her. We look forward to assisting you again with all your cruising needs.

JohnSouth East Queensland, QLD

Misleading advertising of special offers on Princess

We booked a Pacific Princess Far East cruise on a low deposit offer. The web page on this specific cruise had the 5 promotions symbol directly next to the cruise. No where did it indicate that none of the promotions were available to this cruise or limited to particular cruises. We consider this very misleading and would not have booked this cruise without the promotions. Cruise guru response was extremely terse, we were wrong, it doesn't apply with no responsibility for the misleading presentation or any offer to transfer the deposit to another cruise which did have the promotions. We will not use cruise guru again or recommend it to anyone else.

XDVKHV

Trevor M.asked

Normally book direct with Princess,booked with you this time,when will my cruise show up on my timeline i notice that cabin is shown as now taken but cruise not showing on Princess yet. Booked today

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thanks for the message, Trevor! Please share your booking reference no, so we can investigate further.

Hi Trevor,
Our reservation team has checked the booking and it looks like your past guest number was missing. Our team has applied it now and the booking should now reflect on the Princess Cruises website. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Thanks,

Trevor M.

Good work yes it is now there,very happy with service..

vitaly g.

vitaly g.asked

We plan 24 days cruise Japan & south east asia on Princess line, anybody can advise on their "dimond prinsses " quality of food and services?

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thanks so much for your question Vitaly G. One of our Princess Cruises specialists did a similar itinerary on the Diamond last year and really enjoyed the dining onboard. Her feedback is below:
There were many varieties of foods including an entire Japanese food section. The quality was nice as expected and exceeded the usual Princess Cruises standard.
The service onboard was also fabulous. The crew members were all incredibly friendly and very helpful. They will do their very best to meet the needs of their guests no matter how big or small the requirement may be. We had a wonderful time.
You can check more details about Diamond Princess on our website: https://www.cruiseguru.com.au/princess-cruises/diamond-princess/

John H

John Hasked

Hi, My booking number is 24128316. I have sent a couple of emails regarding cancellation and a full refund on Thu 27/06/2019 11:03 AM and followed up Thu 4/07/2019 1:54 PM but with no response to either. I don't want to action this further through external channels, I just want someone with marketing experience to accept responsibility and sort it out. Can you have someone look into it? John

McGrath 1Star
McGrath 1Star

John I had a response from when I cancelled try her good luck
Team Leader
Katrina Tufi
Telephone: 13 13 03 | Fax: 02 8003 9209
Cruise Guru - Reservations <reservations@cruiseguru.com.au>

Hi John,

Thank you for submitting your inquiry.

Your request has been passed to a Supervisor who I believe has been in touch with you today.

If you have any further questions or need assistance with an existing or new booking we do recommend to contact our call centre on 13 13 03 to speak with a consultant directly or by emailing reservations@cruiseguru.com.au.

Get an answer from our members and Cruise Guru representatives