CUA Health
See the Best Health Insurance in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by CUA Health

Pros

Outstanding customer service
Quick and efficient claims process

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (50)
    • 1-2 weeks (6)
    • 2-4 weeks (2)
    • 1-2 months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (51) · No (3)
Chantelle Davis
Chantelle DavisGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Beautiful Customer Service

The customer service aspect of this health fund is amazing. So far everything I’ve tried to claim has been accepted and the service team have always helped and confirmed if I wasn’t sure.

CUA H.CUA HealthSend a private message

What a wonderful review Chantelle. Thank you for taking the time to review our health fund and our Customer Service team. We always appreciate hearing about our members positive experiences.

Allison Holcombe
Allison HolcombeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Customer Service Dominica

Thank you for Dominica for knowledgeable and caring helping with our Health Policy.
She is a star 10 not 5. She cares about her job and doesn't rush to get you off the phone.

Enquiry re health cover

Was enquiring re my policy and Aaron was very helpful in assisting me in explaining. Have been happy with my CUA policy as it covers what I need with a couple of exceptions as I don't need pregnancy or male reproductive system etc.

CUA H.CUA HealthSend a private message

Thank you for the review Sue. It's always good to review your health insurance every couple of years to make sure your policy suits your needs as your life changes and that your getting the most value from your cover.

Excellent services

Been with CUA health for over five years. Recommended by a colleague and offers excellent value for money. Used it on dental and optical services for all members of my family.

Ashlee
AshleeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Ann customer service was above and beyond

Ann Buckleys customer service was above and beyond. Answered all my questions and explained everything I was confused about. Ann was so helpful and knowledgeable. She made me grateful to be with CUA even though I was contemplating leaving private health (due to costs) she reassured me of the benefits. When I got off the phone I said to my partner 'wow you don't see customer service like that anymore'.

Michelle Riley
Michelle RileySouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent customer service

I have always been happy with the level of customer service from CUA Health. Real people in Australia everytime. That means a lot. They were very helpful with a recent query about our extras entitlement and the situation was resolved within 2 hours. The call back was much appreciated and the situation resolved with no fuss. 5 stars for your customer service. Awesome.

CUA H.CUA HealthSend a private message

Thank you for the review Michelle, It's great to hear we had a prompt resolution with a good outcome for your extras claim.

Friendly & Helpful Customer Service

CUA H.CUA HealthSend a private message

Thank you for your wonderful review Chloe, what a great review for Ann and our customer service team. We genuinely care about our members and endeavour to make this a quick and helpful service, so great feedback for us.

Super Funds Awards 2022!

super-funds-awards-2020
Ambulance Cover & Insurance in Australia

Many people mistakenly believe that the cost of an emergency ambulance call out is covered by Medicare, but unfortunately it's not. State governments in QLD and TAS will pick up the bill, but what about the rest of Australia?

ambulance-cover-insurance-in-australia
Australian Government Rebates & Incentives for Private Health Insurance

australian-government-rebates-incentives-for-private-health-insurance
waz
wazSouth East Queensland, QLD

Claim was resolved within five minutes.
I have been with CUA Health or earlier versions since the 70’s. Customer Service Clerk was very helpful and explained everything in a knowledgeable and efficient manner.

• Claim Made Yes

Peace of Mind

I recently underwent surgery for a previously undetected medical condition. In checking with my Health Fund I was relieved to know that I was fully covered for the procedure and stay in hospital. I've been with CUA from the beginning having joined the APTCU Credit Union in the 70s which later became CUA. The advice and understanding I have received from the staff of CUA Health pre and post-op has been of the highest standard and has contributed to our Peace of Mind following my major surgery.

CUA H.CUA HealthSend a private message

Hello Frank, Thank you for sharing this with us. It’s great to hear this positive feedback for CUA Health and that we could provide the support to you when you needed it most. All the best with your recovery.

Mor Lum
Mor LumGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Easy to deal with, friendly and helpful staff.

I switched to CUA health about 8 months ago and every time i call them it reinforces that it was such a good choice. There are never any long wait times when calling them, the staff are always friendly and helpful and importantly they resolve the enquiry on the first call. If they don't know the answer they tell you that honestly, but then make the effort to find out for you. The policy itself covers everything i need and is less expensive than other brands. They base there call centre in Queensland which is great.

Really enjoyable contact with customer service officer Samantha (Sammy)

I really enjoyed engaging with the Customer Service Officer , Sammy as she understood the product and was able offer support related to the long term policies for hospital that were introduced 24 years ago and ask relevant questions that supported the importance of the policy. Changes in the organisation were acknowledged and Sammy remained client focused.
Thankyou for great service Sammy. It will keep me coming back during the time of change in the organisation.
Kind Regards
Jacqueline Mooney and Kenneth Massey

CUA H.CUA HealthSend a private message

Thank you for taking the time to share this wonderful review for Sammy Jacqueline and Kenneth. It’s always great to hear from our CUA Health long term members and we hope to provide you with great outcomes for many years to come.

KH48
KH48Perth, WA

Gail was awesome!!!

Gail's knowledge was first class.
My issue was resolved quickly with no frustration.
Service was fantastic.
My call was answered within one ring which was great (Never have I had a call answered so quickly)

Jon
JonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Friendly and helpful.

Thank you to Customer Service Officer Sammy L. Your service delivery was polite, comprehensive and most importantly, it was helpful. It's a pleasure to be able to commend your effort for a job well done. Cheers, J.

CUA H.CUA HealthSend a private message

What a great review for Sammy, Thank you so much Jon. It's lovely to hear such positive feedback for our team.

TMT
TMTSouth East Queensland, QLD

So glad I kept my cover

Since 2005 when I was employed at CUA. I already had cover with CBHS from my previous employer but felt that CUA hospital cover was a better option for myself & husband - the $500 excess & co-payment making it more affordable but still giving private hospital cover.

• Claim Made Yes
Julie Mack
Julie MackSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent service

Thank you Shelley for great service and sorting out my payment due date. You were helpful and explained it clearly. I felt so much better after having our conversation. Very much appreciated.

CUA H.CUA HealthSend a private message

Thank you Julie for the great review and well done Shelley for providing great service to our members.

Arnel A.
Arnel A.asked

Hello,

What CUA plan is recommended for OVHC? Must have is GP and Prescription Medicine.

CUA H.CUA HealthSend a private message

Hello Arnel, We are happy to help with your enquiry. If you could reply with your phone number we can get one of our team members to give you a call to discuss. Otherwise please call us on phone 1300 499 260.

SoniaA
SoniaAasked

Are the extras annual limits per person, or per family? (I.e. some just have a figure; some say per person, or family limit. If it doesn't say per person, or family limit, can one assume the figure is per person? Eg. Total extras says annual limit of $900 for orthodontics and $500 for psychology/speech therapy - is that per person, or per family?)

Vishal P
Vishal Pasked

I got injured accidentally about 8 months ago, in my right knee. At that time my GP asked me to get MRI done, which was covered by medicare. Now after 8 months of physio i can still feel pain in my knee. So im thinking of getting another MRI done, before i show it to a specialist. My question is; as this time my MRI is not covered by medicare will cua help me with payment for MRI ?

Mick R
Mick R

contact the helpful customer service people, I am sure they will be able to offer the appropriate assistance.

Fired Up
Fired Up

Contact them for the correct answer

Get an answer from our members and CUA Health representatives

Features

• CUA Health offers a wide range of 7 Hospital policies all with varied benefits. They are: Basic Saver Plus Hospital, a Basic Plus package, Bronze Plus Hospital, Standard Hospital (Silver Plus), Premium Hospital Non-Obstetrics (Silver Plus), Premium Select Hospital (Silver Plus) and Ultimate Hospital (Gold).
  • There are also 7 Extras policies - in order of least to most coverage, they are: Healthy Start Package, 50% Extras, Essential Extras, 60% Extras, Classic Extras, 75% Extras, and Total Extras.
  • Some policies come with health management programs, including kids’ swimming lessons, mammograms and travel vaccinations.

Points of praise

• CUA Health is reported to have impeccable customer service. Staff have sound product knowledge, go the extra mile explaining a policy, answering questions and clarifying any concerns.
  • The service from CUA is prompt, whether that involves fast claims processing, or responding to customer enquiries. When claims are approved, they are paid on time.
CategoryHealth Insurance