CUA Health

Health Insurance made better.

I was very impressed with the information provided by Corey when I was looking to change my Private Health Insurance. He gave a lot of his time as I had numerous questions that needed to be answered before I could make my final decision. He was easy to listen to, understand and gave his time freely. Thanks Corey for your efforts.

Plan CoverageHospital Only
Coverage TypeSingle Parent Family

Health Insurance

My partner and I discussed, with Cory what heath insurance would suit our needs. Within in a few days my partner received the information which had been described, the medicare form was completed and returned.
By the way it was great to be able to speak to someone who made you feel at ease and answered your questions in a diligent and kindly manner.

Book AgainYes
Hi Alex, Thank you for the feedback on our friendly service. We are pleased we could be of assistance in reviewing and choosing the right policy for you and your family. Our pleasure to assist anytime.

Health insurance

Thank you to CUA for your support when we needed it, my family have not been able to pay our health insurance for about 6 weeks due to financial hardship.

Book AgainYes
Thank you Michael, We are pleased we could be of assistance at this time for you and your family.

Finally found a Health Policy that suits!!

I was very impressed with the information Corey gave me regarding CUA Health. I would never have thought to query my existing policy. Corey was able to review my needs etc. & offered me a much better policy for my situation. It was so easy for a new policy to be implemented for me. I am very satisfied with the process.

Book AgainYes
Well done Corey on another great cover review !! Thank you for taking the time to review the service Helen.

Excellent Job CUA Health

Kaleish was very kind, friendly and courteous whilst on our call and helped me resolved an error with the information stored on my plan.

I myself have personally worked in customer service management for Apple Corporate and can say without a doubt that the lovely person on the other end of the line is an exemplary member of the team at CUA and deserving of praise for their tone, mannerisms, support, and character.

Well Done :)

Book AgainYes
Hi Zachery, Thanks for taking the time to share your experience contacting us at CUA Health. Kaleish is a new team member, Your comments are valued and appreciated. Our team members really enjoy feedback on how they’ve provided a great experience. We welcome our member’s enquiries and our friendly staff are only a phone call away.

Amazing assistance from Customer Service

Paris was amazing to get my issue resolved in a timely manner.

I am concerned though that it occurred in the first place and suggest a full review of your membership base to ensure no other members are impacted.

Book AgainYes
Hi Michelle, Thank you for the review for Paris. Your feedback will be passed on to help further assist and maintain our member services.

Query re rebate for Cataract Surgery Item no. 42702

Had a query on what my rebate was and after speaking to the Doctor, decided I would not continue. After contacting CUA, I was given more information, with rebates made my surgery affordable to me, thanks to Robert and Jo. I have just commenced the preliminary tests for the surgery. Thank you both.

Book AgainYes
Thank you for your review. Charges will vary and doctors may charge substantial out-of-pocket costs for services as a result of high demand for a particular service in a particular location. Before choosing a doctor or specialist you can check whether the doctor participates in the No Gap scheme to bring down the out of pocket costs. To see which doctors participate in the No Gap scheme you can visit our website cua.com.au/health-insurance We are happy to discuss options with you moving forward and help wherever we can.

I rang your office this morning to request a copy of my 2018/19 medicare statement for tax purposes as these are no longer mailed. The lady I spoke to was very pleasant and said she would put a copy in the mail for me. I requested this as my printer is not working. However, I am able to get my printer fixed in the morning so rang back this afternoon and spoke to Aaron. I asked if he could now email me a copy after all as it the last item I need to complete my tax return. He was exceptionally helpful and suggested I check to make sure the information came through whilst I was still on the phone to him. Sadly, not very often a service offered by companies which is sad for many of us elderly who are not at all tech savvy. I have been with CUA since the mid 80's and have always had excellent service on the phone and when visiting your branches.

Book AgainYes
Hi Judy, Thank you for your review. We are always happy to help members navigate through our online members services portal or applications. We are just a phone call away.

Checking what am entitled too

Emma has great customer service skills she went overboard to hep with my enquiry no trouble at all and all was resolved thank you
I have been with extras cover for 15 years

Book AgainYes
Thanks Julie, We will be very happy to pass this review on to Emma for you. We are always happy to help with your enquiries. Well done on 15 years.

Excellent customer service

I have been with CUA for 34 Years and was thinking of changing to another provider. With the help of Emma assisting me with my queries and giving 200% customer service and explaining everything in a friendly manner I am happy with the outcome. Customer service needs more people like Emma.

Book AgainYes
Hi MC, Thank you for your feedback. What a great review for Emma she will be pleased. We are happy to hear that you are staying with CUA Health and appreciate your many years of loyalty.My pleasure

Friendly and efficient

Long time member very satisfied with service and value. Staff are empowered to resolve any queries which creates efficiency and quick resolution without having long waits in telephone queues. Other providers don't offer such good service.

Book AgainYes
That's great news Carmen. We are always happy to have a prompt response for our long term loyal members. Thank you.

Great customer service

I called today to ask a couple of questions and Aaron confident and thorough in his responses. It's nice to feel like the person I was talking to knew his stuff and set me up with the info I needed.

Aaron Barnes is an exceptional CSO

Each time I have spoken with Aaron to assist me with any claim queries I have found him to be accommodating, helpful, caring and efficient. Recognition of his service would be appreciated.

Book AgainYes
Hi Teresa, Great to hear this feedback we will pass this on to Aaron for a job well done. Thank you.

Change in premium cost

I asked a question and it was answered promptly. Thank you. Nothing else left to say but I'll keep typing simply to meet the mandatory field requirement. Bye for now

Health product/policy review

Emma was very helpful in explaining the pros and cons of each question in regards to the finer details in our Health insurance product supplied by CUA. Excellent member of your team

Claim DateMay 2019
Claim ApprovedYes
Thank you Geoff for the review. I'm sure Emma will be pleased to hear this feedback from you.

Starting to think again.

We've been with this mob for 40 years - since 1979 and of late we notice that service is slipping - every time we ring we get "we are experiencing a heavy number of calls" . Email questions can take 4 attempts to get answers and recently we used the online link to remove the $500 excess and due to us not understanding what a "closed product" was we inadvertently deleted our "top extras" ....a few days later wife had a hospital experience but fortunately CUA reinstated my changes. No warning of implications however. We feel the online portal is confusing with some selections ambiguous or not having clear meanings or explanations. Customers should not be expected to understand words like "closed product"...what does it mean? This implies to us that they are trimming things down. Fortunately the girl who dealt with us was friendly, helpful and understanding, so we'll stick with them but wont be so complacent in the future.

Claim DateMay 2019
Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Hako, We are sorry to hear this feedback. We have sent a private message to you.

Quick, clear advice that works for the insured

I needed to clear up some confusing information re my health insurance, and was given advice that was objective, helpful, and geared to suiting me best cover- and cost-wise. No hard sell, simply giving me options and advice. This enabled me to not only save money, but feel confident in my choice of cover being appropriate and keeping me safe in case of illness. Thank you.

Book AgainYes
This is great feedback.. Thank your for letting us know and we are here and happy to help anytime.

The customer service I received when something went wrong was outstanding. I spoke to a really helpful and polite person on the phone and it seemed they went above and beyond to make it easy for me to resolve the situation.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Hello Kate, Thank you for the review. We are pleased we could have your enquiry resolved and get things back on track for you.

The Customer Service is what keeps me with CUA Health

My wife and I have been with CUA Health for over 20 years and just find their service excellent. When you call you always get to speak to someone that is willing to help. The Claims are always paid promptly and efficiently. I have always found them courteous and friendly if I have any enquiries. What I like is when I want to update or review my Policy, they always have suggestions that may save me money. Even if I am going to save the money. It is not about them making money out of you, they seem to have a genuine concern about your issues, and are more than willing to help. Even if I more than some other Health Funds I will stay with them for their personal service. It is money well spent.

Claim DateFebruary 2019
Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Greg, Fantastic! What great news! Our CUA Health team are happy to help and make things a little easier when it comes to getting a clearer understanding of health insurance, choosing the right policy and getting the best value from it. Our pleasure to assist you anytime.

Great health fund. Been with them for years.

My husband & I have been with CUA Health for years. We're both aged in our 60's.We've crunched the numbers, & are glad that we've chosen to go with CUA Health. According to us, their prices are most reasonable, when compared with other health funds. We don't compare prices with other funds each & every year, like a lot of people do. Its a right pain to have to do that, & the few times we did do that, we've always come to the conclusion that we are both already with the best one.

We always have standard hospital cover, with no extras. Extras are ok for people who can't save money, or find the money when they need glasses, dental work etc. We are financially secure, & responsible with our money, & we have no trouble finding the money to pay for 'extras'.

Our costs this year will be around $2,500 for standard hospital cover.

I think everyone who can, should pay for private health insurance. It helps the public hospitals out a lot if we can do that. Private health insurance costs go up each & every year simply because more & more people are using the public hospital system, & more & more people are needing to visit the doctor. All the tests that the local GP orders, such as scans, scripts, blood work etc, are the reasons why private health insurance costs skyrocket every year.

We have found that with CUA Health, it's much easier to ring them around the middle of March, speak to someone on the phone, & ask how much your premiums are going to be on April 1st. The people on the other end of the phone are always knowledgable & can provide answers quickly & easily. We've not had any problems with any of the ones we've spoken to.

If you try to work out your new premiums online by yourself, you might find the CUA Health website downright confusing. It doesn't always provide you with the right information either! My husband has spoken to them on the phone about this. The problem might of been rectified by now though.

I think, as long as we can afford it, we'll stick with CUA Health forever. In fact, as we are getting older now, we are thinking seriously of taking out top hospital cover next year. I want to have peace of mind, knowing I'm covered for everything, should I ever have to go to hospital.

You don't need to be a CUA bank customer to be a member of CUA Health. I'n not sure if everyone is aware of this. My husband & I are not CUA bank customers.

I would highly recommend CUA Health to everyone who wants to take out health insurance for the first time, or is not totally happy with another fund that they might already be with.

Plan CoverageHospital Only
Claim MadeYes
Hello Library lover, Thank you for the great review. We are pleased to hear that you are happy with CUA Health and the products and services we offer. Continual advances in healthcare results in great outcomes for Australians to live longer and healthier lives. Unfortunately this means premiums go up due to increased costs in medical technology and advancements. Each year all Australian health insurers review their premiums to reflect current healthcare costs. It’s great that you have taken the time to call us to review your policy so we can ensure you always have the cover that suits you best.