4.5

• <1 week (50)
  • 1-2 weeks (6)
  • 2-4 weeks (2)
  • 1-2 months (1)
Claim ApprovedYes (51) · No (3)
Outstanding customer service
Quick and efficient claims process
See the Best Health Insurance in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Gretchen
GretchenVICGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC
  Fair Incentive

Anne is a 5star over the Phone

Excellent experience over the phone with Anne, she gave me a lot of options, very understanding and polite over the phone. Show details
Baslak88
Baslak88VICGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC5 posts

Used to be excellent but recently have gone down hill

When I first signed up they offered excellent service and really supportive, however in the last 6 months I have noticed a drop off in customer service and an unwillingness to offer support which doesn't match their higher market prices. Would not recommend now sadly Show details
cathalc
cathalcAU10 posts

Merger with HBF not smooth

Just rang CUA to change my health cover - they transferred me to HBF who they have merged with but basically to change cover its like moving to a new insurer from scratch, they don't have any CUA member details and the phone operator said it was the same as anyone else signing up, would have expected better from CUA, might as well cancel the policy and start again as HBF are not pushed bout CUA members Show details
Chantelle Davis
Chantelle DavisVICGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Beautiful Customer Service

The customer service aspect of this health fund is amazing. So far everything I’ve tried to claim has been accepted and the service team have always helped and confirmed if I wasn’t sure. Show details ·  1
Allison Holcombe
Allison HolcombeQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD

Customer Service Dominica

Thank you for Dominica for knowledgeable and caring helping with our Health Policy.
She is a star 10 not 5. She cares about her job and doesn't rush to get you off the phone. Show details
Sue
Sue

Enquiry re health cover

Was enquiring re my policy and Aaron was very helpful in assisting me in explaining. Have been happy with my CUA policy as it covers what I need with a couple of exceptions as I don't need pregnancy or male reproductive system etc. Show details ·  1
John  T.
John T.

Excellent services

Been with CUA health for over five years. Recommended by a colleague and offers excellent value for money. Used it on dental and optical services for all members of my family. Show details
Ashlee
AshleeQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD

Ann customer service was above and beyond

Ann Buckleys customer service was above and beyond. Answered all my questions and explained everything I was confused about. Ann was so helpful and knowledgeable. She made me grateful to be with CUA even though I was contemplating leaving private health (due to costs) she reassured me of the benefits. When I got off the phone I said to my partner 'wow you don't see customer service like that anymore'. Show details ·  1
Michelle Riley
Michelle RileyQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD4 posts

Excellent customer service

I have always been happy with the level of customer service from CUA Health. Real people in Australia everytime. That means a lot. They were very helpful with a recent query about our extras entitlement and the situation was resolved within 2 hours. The call back was much appreciated and the situation resolved with no fuss. 5 stars for your customer service. Awesome.  Show details ·  1
Chloe R
Chloe R

waz
wazQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD4 posts

Claim was resolved within five minutes.
I have been with CUA Health or earlier versions since the 70’s. Customer Service Clerk was very helpful and explained everything in a knowledgeable and efficient manner.  Show details
Frank
Frank

Peace of Mind

I recently underwent surgery for a previously undetected medical condition. In checking with my Health Fund I was relieved to know that I was fully covered for the procedure and stay in hospital. I've been with CUA from the beginning having joined the APTCU Credit Union in the 70s which later became CUA. The advice and understanding I have received from the staff of CUA Health pre and post-op has been of the highest standard and has contributed to our Peace of Mind following my major surgery. Show details ·  1
Mor Lum
Mor LumVICGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Easy to deal with, friendly and helpful staff

I switched to CUA health about 8 months ago and every time i call them it reinforces that it was such a good choice. There are never any long wait times when calling them, the staff are always friendly and helpful and importantly they resolve the enquiry on the first call. If they don't know the answer they tell you that honestly, but then make the effort to find out for you. The policy itself covers everything i need and is less expensive than other brands. They base there call centre in Queensland which is great. Show details
Jackie Mooney
Jackie MooneyQLDWide Bay-Burnett, QLD2 posts

Really enjoyable contact with customer service officer Samantha (Sammy)

I really enjoyed engaging with the Customer Service Officer , Sammy as she understood the product and was able offer support related to the long term policies for hospital that were introduced 24 years ago and ask relevant questions that supported the importance of the policy. Changes in the organisation were acknowledged and Sammy remained client focused.
Thankyou for great service Sammy. It will keep me coming back during the time of change in the organisation.
Kind Regards
Jacqueline Mooney and Kenneth Massey Show details ·  1
KH48
KH48WAPerth, WA4 posts

Gail was awesome!!!

Gail's knowledge was first class.
My issue was resolved quickly with no frustration.
Service was fantastic.
My call was answered within one ring which was great (Never have I had a call answered so quickly) Show details

Arnel A.
Arnel A.

Hello,

What CUA plan is recommended for OVHC? Must have is GP and Prescription Medicine.

CUA Health   DM

Hello Arnel, We are happy to help with your enquiry. If you could reply with your phone number we can get one of our team members to give you a call to discuss. Otherwise please call us on phone 1300 499 260.

SoniaA
SoniaA

Are the extras annual limits per person, or per family? (I.e. some just have a figure; some say per person, or family limit. If it doesn't say per person, or family limit, can one assume the figure is per person? Eg. Total extras says annual limit of $900 for orthodontics and $500 for psychology/speech therapy - is that per person, or per family?)

Vishal P
Vishal P

I got injured accidentally about 8 months ago, in my right knee. At that time my GP asked me to get MRI done, which was covered by medicare. Now after 8 months of physio i can still feel pain in my knee. So im thinking of getting another MRI done, before i show it to a specialist. My question is; as this time my MRI is not covered by medicare will cua help me with payment for MRI ?

Mick R
Mick R

contact the helpful customer service people, I am sure they will be able to offer the appropriate assistance.

Fired Up
Fired Up

Contact them for the correct answer

Features

• CUA Health offers a wide range of 7 Hospital policies all with varied benefits. They are: Basic Saver Plus Hospital, a Basic Plus package, Bronze Plus Hospital, Standard Hospital (Silver Plus), Premium Hospital Non-Obstetrics (Silver Plus), Premium Select Hospital (Silver Plus) and Ultimate Hospital (Gold).
  • There are also 7 Extras policies - in order of least to most coverage, they are: Healthy Start Package, 50% Extras, Essential Extras, 60% Extras, Classic Extras, 75% Extras, and Total Extras.
  • Some policies come with health management programs, including kids’ swimming lessons, mammograms and travel vaccinations.

Points of praise

• CUA Health is reported to have impeccable customer service. Staff have sound product knowledge, go the extra mile explaining a policy, answering questions and clarifying any concerns.
  • The service from CUA is prompt, whether that involves fast claims processing, or responding to customer enquiries. When claims are approved, they are paid on time.
CategoryHealth Insurance