Health Insurance Guide for 2020

The decision to take up private health insurance can be a very involved process, and the factors that go into your decision will be unique to you. Your first dip into the policy selection process can be pretty overwhelming, so this guide will help lay everything out for you as plainly as possible to get you on your way.

Read now

4.5

Adrienne M

Adrienne MSouth East Queensland, QLD

CUA Health have been around for me and my family for years - and never failed us.

Look, I don't know that anyone thinks their policy is "great value" but we get what we pay for, don't we? CUA Health provides up to 365 days per year for hospital stays. When you're dealing with elderly people with complicated health issues, that is very important. I also know that - from my own experience with CUA Health - what they pay back to medical professionals eg. optometrists is way above and beyond what other providers do. I have been with them for 35 years and a number of my extended family are as well. A special thank you to Emma who I spoke with last night. Extremely courteous and helpful. I appreciated the time she gave me and her patience with discussing my father's needs.

CUA H.CUA Health

Thank you for the review, Adrienne. Great feedback! Always a pleasure assisting our long term members and we do thank you for your many years of loyalty. We look forward to providing great outcomes for many happy years to come.

Well done to everyone involved

Thanks for dedicated service from Pauline, Have had friendly and helpful advice anytime we have needed it from Bundaberg staff. As we are ageing we understand we may have greater need of your services in the future.

Aaron Barnes

Follow up call and welcome to CUA. Opportunity to ask questions.
Arron is well informed and was very helpful in explaining the policy and limitations thereof. Was also helpful on my enquires on the banking app.
Good experience.

Plan CoverageHospital Only
CUA H.CUA Health

Thank you for the great five star review for Aaron, we will pass this feedback on to him.

Thompson

ThompsonNew South Wales

Fantastic, Friendly & Knowledgeable

I have had CUA Health for nearly 5 years & have always been happy with it & the benefits it provides. I also love the wide range of choices of cover & how quick & easy the app is to use. CUA Health seem to cover things that others don't. I find it so much better than my previous fund.
Today I rang & spoke to Paula, who was fantastic. Not only did she answer my question, but gave me extra information & made suggestions that will benefit me moving forward. The suggestions she made were things that I hadn't thought of. I really appreciated her time & help. I have rung CUA Health on other occasions & have always spoken to a staff member who has been knowledgeable, friendly & helpful.
Would highly recommend CUA Health to anyone

very helpful

i had member service officer anne help me with my questions today, she was polite, efficient and able to help with what i need to do in regards to my health insurance policy.

CUA H.CUA Health

Thank you Glenda for the 5 Star review for Ann we will pass this to her.

Theresa J.

Theresa J.South East Queensland, QLD

Fantastic service

Dom was fantastic! I needed to amend my health cover and Dom went through the whole thing with me. Certainly made the process simple and easy to understand. Highly recommend CUA health

Coverage TypeFamily
Happy

HappySouth East Queensland, QLD

The health insurance must have

I have been with CUA health for nearly twelve years and have always found everyone very helpful. Working through what I needed and then Finding the policy that suited my needs was easy with Emma very knowledgeable.

CUA H.CUA Health

Thank you for the 5 star review! We’re happy that you have positive experiences with CUA Health. Great news for us, as we genuinely care about our members and endeavour to make this a quick and helpful service.

Ian Kelly

Ian KellyDarling Downs, QLD

Update on claims by phone

I have been a member for 45 years? and as I live in Qld country, I have always posted claims in for processing. I now hope to send claims on your new system by phone, thanks to your helpful consultant.

CUA H.CUA Health

Thank you for the review Ian, I'm sure you will find the new app helpful for submitting your claims and keeping up to date with your extras benefits. It's always great to hear from our long term members.

Rob

RobSouth East Queensland, QLD

All I could ask for

It certainly was good value, was easy to set up by very helpful staff. As a new customer I now feel I am covered for all medical emergencies and would hapily recomend CUA Health Insurance to anyone even though I am yet to have a claim.

CUA H.CUA Health

Thankyou for the review Rob, it's good to have you as a new member to our health fund.

Very disappointed

We were very disappointed with our policy with CUA. We took it up because there were gap free dental treatments offered for children for basic dental including cleans and examinations. However it turned out that the only cleaning code accepted by CUA for children was described by our dentist as not being appropriate for children, and the cheaper code for a child appropriate clean was not accepted by CUA. Consequently we still had to pay out of pocket for the dental check ups for our children. CUA customer service was not very approachable and quite abrupt when I queried this with them.

Coverage TypeFamily
Claim ApprovedNo
CUA H.CUA Health

Thank you for the feedback for Kdb. I have sent you a private message so we can follow up on this for you.

Gracie

GracieSydney Surrounds, NSW

So helpful and very polite and happy

The website was difficult to use for a claim I couldn't find the provider even though I had the ID number and name etc.

Shelly helped find a work around and the claim had been emailed in since I couldn't get the app to use my downloaded file even though I selected submit document it would only let me pick from my photo gallery. Email was the best option and Shelly help me sort everything out excellently.

Claim ApprovedNo

Great work CUA!

I joined CUA in February and could not be happier with the customer service I have received. The call centre (in particular a lady named Dom) and the hospital team have been nothing short of exceptional. They are professional, friendly and informative. I received my pre-existing decision within 5 hours! Great work CUA.

CUA H.CUA Health

Thank you for the great review Kim, we will pass this on to Dom. Great news for us, as we genuinely care about our members and endeavour to make this a quick and helpful service.

Lauren

LaurenCentral Queensland, QLD

Great Customer Service

Every time I call for guidance or support the CUA health team are extremely helpful and educational. Especially Dom whom is so passionate and caring. Thank you for always being so supportive.

Travis

Travis

CUA - Great customer service

I spoke with Tracy about my Policy and she was able to help me get a really good result. I am really happy with the CUA customer service and would recommend them.

CUA H.CUA Health

Thank you for the 5 star review Travis. We will pass this feedback on to Tracy for you.

Long Time CUA Customer

Long Time CUA CustomerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Finally! Thanks Dominique for explaining what no one else could

Made several calls before this one but could not get an answer to my question. Some staff are rude and do not know their job. Thanks to Dominique for understanding and helping. However, CUA is no longer the best health care fund or financial institution. More interested in the $$ than the customer. Very sad as it used to be the best

CUA H.CUA Health

Thank you for the feedback for Dom. I have sent you a private message so we can follow up on this for you.

Shayla

ShaylaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Wonderful service and coverage

Wonderful customer service today on the phone from Dom, knowledgeable and explained the best way for me to utilize my health insurance! Dom advised she was training a new staff member Bronwyn during this call - I couldn’t think of anyone better to train your CUA health staff members. Dom you’re an asset to CUA! Also extremely happy with my health claim returns from CUA health. Thank you

CUA H.CUA Health

Thank you Shayla for the great review for Dom. Our staff love getting feedback on how we can best assist our members or improve on our products and services.

dazzaSouth East Queensland, QLD

A shout out to Tod who provided excellent service!

I spoke to Tod at CUA Health a couple of times during the past week about Extras cover as I’m reviewing my current policy with another provider. Tod was a delight to talk to, he explained my options and suggested the best CUA Extras cover that not only met my needs but also provided the best rebates. He was very patient with me while I dissected the cover to check what I would get back for a variety of extra claims. I was very happy with the cover and signed up!

dazza

Great! Just some feedback for you to pass on to the powers that be, I would have transferred my hospital cover over to CUA's Silver Plus (eqv to what I have now) if this policy offered a 250 excess like your other policies.

Lesley C.

Lesley C.Far North Queensland, QLD

Very helpful

I had a problem reinstating my health fund cover as I posted a copy of my boarding pass to CUA and apparently they didn't receive it. I spoke to Gail yesterday and she was very helpful and very polite and friendly. Thank you Gail for your help.

Hazel

Hazel

Perfect for my family. I have checked out other companies before the end of tax year

I spoke to Emma today. She was polite, friendly and extremely informative. She volunteered information without my having to ‘drag it from her’ as I’ve experienced with other service providers. She solved my query immediately and guided me to where I could obtain it in future. I think I’ve been with CUA Health for longer than 10 years. The health professionals I go to have great things to say about CUA Health regarding their benefits. I am very pleased with the benefits we receive on this policy and the assistance whenever I phone. Thank you Emma for being so positive today at a time when things are so scary.

CUA H.CUA Health

Thank you Hazel for taking the time to share this feedback and the great review for Emma.
It’s great to hear you see the value in having health insurance for your family in these rapidly changing times and are happy with our products and service.

Sahil A.

Sahil A.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Excellent coverage, economical and value for money health fund.

Policy coverage was good, very easy to set up, cheaper in comparison to other health funds and great offers. Very user friendly mobile application, if open CUA bank account, gives 4% extra discount. Ashleigh from the CUA health fund team has been amazing throughout the process of explaining and sorting out the best cover and deal for us. They were running a good financial year end offer. Overall, it's worth a try and it's a complete value for money health fund.

CUA H.CUA Health

Thank you for review Sahil, it’s great that you have taken the time to do your comparisons and have chosen CUA Health for your health insurance. Well done Ashleigh in assisting our new members joining our fund.