CUA Health

The Good and the Bad response to Customer Service at CUA

CUA is comparable value to other funds - except for Physio refunds.
Have been with CUA for 19 years so am satisfied with benefits. Would like to see increase in refund from CUA for physio.
Claims are dealt with promptly.

Congratulations:
I would like to take this opportunity to thank your Customer Service Officer - Jeremy Thwaites - as he was very helpful on the phone and sent the information we discussed - Excellent customer service for CUA.

Complaint:
Will be sending in a complaint against Joe Mills, who 2 days later, had not sent information requested. Joe needs to be made aware that her response reflects CUA's attitude to its customers. She needs a little reminder of her responsibility as a Customer Service Officer for CUA.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim ApprovedYes
Thank you for the feedback about your recent enquiries. We will pass the feedback on to both Jeremy and Jo for you. We do apologise that there was a delay in responding to your enquiry.

CUA is reasonable

good value and easy to set up. Convenient to lodge a claim. I have been a CUA client for years and will continue to be the CUA user if CUA does a good job.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim ApprovedYes
Hello Yang, We're glad you're happy overall and grateful for you taking the time to leave us a review!

CUA Health Information received from Ashleigh.

Information provided was quite helpful. Will help in my decision as to whether to increase my health cover. Information given was clear and concise, easy to follow. Would have no problems in recommending CUA Health.

Book AgainYes

Have always been with CUA Health - Changes to CUA Health Policies after April 7th 2019 are very good

Compared to our over 25 years standing Policy (which is now not offered) these new ones are very good value. We are both older and needed to look at coverage that was appropriate for us ( post 60 years of Age).
Payments on Claims for both Hospital and Extras has always been good with CUA Health. Dealing with CUA Health by phone is simple and very helpful.

Book AgainYes
Thanks so much for the review, Glenn. Always a pleasure assisting our long term members and we do thank you for your many years of loyalty.

Avoid if you are with another fund

Despite claiming there are no waiting times if you switch from another fund, after trying to use my card in the opticians I was told I had no cover. After a long wait with customer service I was told that it takes them a few months to process the transfer and until then I am not covered despite paying a premium and having been covered

Book AgainNo
Hi Jak, Thank you for your feedback. We are currently looking into this for you and we will contact you directly.Just got a call back from customer service, who started off with "you were distressed last week" What an INCREDIBLY rude way to talk to someone who complained - I asked her to escalate the complaint as she was rude, and she just reiterated it

Customer service representative Teejay

The customer service representative I spoke to The was excellent , covered all the information and even checked the quote was exact and called back in record time .
Best customer service I've received in a long time , after a stressful worried dentist visit she gave me relief and made me confident that moving from bupa to cua was a fantastic choice .

Coverage TypeFamily

Saving money

I was looking at other providers to reduce cost but received a hospital product to suit my needs at less cost with CUA, very well explained and easy to do.

Book AgainYes
Hi Peter, We are happy to make things a little easier when it comes to getting a clearer understanding of health insurance, choosing the right policy and getting the best value from it. Our pleasure to assist you anytime. Thank you for the review.

Initial quote with operator

A better plan than what we actually
pay at the moment This would effectively reduce fortnightly payments to $20 inclusive of changes to 1st April 2019.
Waiting for the online quote!

Book AgainYes

Super friendly and helpful service.

Teejay was not only knowledgeable about my product choice and queries about renewal she also provided a very personal touch to the experience. Such a nice change from other service providers. I have used CUA Health for over 30 years and always been happy that the product is backed by such great service every time.

Plan CoverageHospital Only
Book AgainYes
Hi Marina, Thank you for the review for Teejay, we will pass this on to her as a job well done.

Renewal of health insrance

Ashleigh was prompt, efficient , respectful and polite and understood what I was requesting. She processed
the transaction quickly and confirmed by email as requested.
Although I was considering insurance with another provider Ashleigh's service convinced me to remain with CUA at present.

Claim MadeNo

Great advice and suggested savings on switching policies by the person who took my call. I will remain with CUA and have been a member for 9 yrs. CUA has Very competitive rates.

Claim MadeNo
Hi Betty, Thank you for the review. Great news on your cover review and the savings we could return to you by switching products.

Worth the long wait on hold for customer service

I have been with CUA Health since 2013 and this year I decided to prepay the annual premium to save money, I also have had my hospital cover for nearly 10 years - my initial call to get the anniversary date Lifetime Health Cover Loading and to recalculate the new annual premium less the applicable loading. This saved me a substantial amount of money. Paris understood my request, escalated my enquiry and was able to respond by email the next day as agreed. Paris also promptly responded to my follow up email with a valid explanation. My next call was to make the payment, and update my details, on this occasion Teejay was able to review all the notes on file, process the payment, update the details and then upon request was able advise what my new monthly premium would be in the future as there would be no Lifetime Health Cover Loading. This was most helpful. The call wasn't rushed and both team members were courteous and friendly.

Claim DateMarch 2019
Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Erica, Good news that your enquiry has resulted in bringing the premium down this year. We endeavour to make this a quick and helpful service so thankyou for the feedback.

Did I call a primary school by mistake?

I called CUA Health a couple of weeks ago to compare their hospital cover against my current policy and to get my head around the post 01 April changes. God forbid if asked the agent to clarify or confirm something she had already mentioned so I could understand it better. Her reply multiple times “I’ve already told you what isn’t included in that cover.”. The agent sounded so young and inexperienced I thought I’d dialled a primary school in error.

What I love about health insurance is we have the choice and flexibility to choose who to insure with and the freedom to switch providers at anytime, so CUA, continue to speak to your potential new customers like dirt because first impressions count and so far it’s appalling. Good luck.

Book AgainNo
Hi Dazza, Thank you for this feedback. This is not the level of service we normally provide our members and we do sincerely apologise. As you can see from so many other reviews we usually receive a lot of great responses from satisfied members and their experiences. I will pass this feedback on to see what’s happened and maybe request additional coaching for our customer service agent. Kind regards, CUA Health. I have also sent you a private message.I phoned CUA directly.

Great Service from CUA Health

We have been with CUA Health for 28 years, recently had to contact on 2 occasions and both Teejay and Robert provided excellent assistance in regards to changing cover and having previous cover re-instated.

Claim DateOctober 2018
Claim ApprovedYes

Always helpful and claims paid

We have been with CUA Health for many years and have found staff to be helpful and courteous. As we are in our 70's and experiencing some health issues it is essential to be able to rely on CUA. Our past claims have been paid promptly without issue.

Claim ApprovedYes
Thank you for the review Peter. Always a pleasure assisting our long term members and we do thank you for your many years of loyalty.

she was just so happy for any question i would ask,nothing was a problem,

have been with this company for many years,no claim as yet has been made, just asking if some arobic water for cronic illness is claimable,, she sent forms to fill in by doctor,,, all good so far.

Claim MadeNo
Hi Margaret, Thank you for the review. We endeavour to make our call centre enquiries a quick and helpful service. We are happy to assist anytime.

Helpful and friendly

Have been a member since April 1989. Claims are processed quickly. Was the best policy for us . Staff are always friendly and nothing is to much trouble to answer your questions.

Claim DateAugust 2018

Bad service

I rang CUA health to follow up my claim which I forwarded way back Nov 2018. I was told by the staff that my son’s name ( who had his dental treatment ) was deleted for unknown reason. The staff couldn’t give me any reason nor have I been informed. If I didn’t ring them. This means that my claim form has just been sitting in their nice desks since Nov 2018. No initiative on their part. I had to teach what to do. I’m looking for a genuine, thoughtful health insurance company.

Coverage TypeFamily
Claim DateNovember 2018
Hi Jenny, We would like to get some more information if possible and look into this further. We have sent you a private message.

Transfer of policy from "Gold"

Letter from CUA saying they are moving my Gold extras cover to Top extras cover with an Increase of $10 with decrease in cover. Can get similar "top" through teachers health insurance for $25 less per fortnight. Needless to say I'm switching

Coverage TypeSingle Parent Family
Book AgainNo
Thanks for the feedback Maggie, it would be great to discuss this further we've sent a private message through to you.

Wouldn't be without it.

I knew I wasn't utilising all of my current policy & had anticipated calling would mean a lengthy wait time & was nervous I wouldn't understand it anyway. Was not the case. Call was answered promptly by a very patient gentleman who explained my current policy & offered alternatives so that I felt informed & confident about the changes I made. All claims I have made have been resolved quickly with no fuss. I have been with CUA health for 27 years.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Hi Julie, Thanks for your review. We are happy to help and make things a little easier when it comes to getting a clearer understanding of health insurance, choosing the right policy and getting the best value from it. Our pleasure to assist you anytime.